User Tag List

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm disappointed at not being picked in the LOI sides for the past couple of tours" : Wahab Riaz

Wahab Riaz during the post-match presentation

"We are the defending champions and obviously want to qualify for the finals but no doubt the situation seems to be a bit tough. We will have to depend on IU beating MS and that we win both of our games going forward from here.I believe that as a team we haven't played too well which is the reason why we stand at this point at the moment. If we don't qualify then I would say that we didn't deserve to qualify as our display of cricket wasn't up to the mark"

"We talk alot about young players but I feel that these young players don't get the exposure required in domestic cricket. The jump to PSL from domestic cricket is a big one since you now play with international players. Players like Shadab khan, Ruman Raees and Hasan Ali have played in the PSL in the past and have gained the experience which has helped them to perform in the international arena. We have some good players in domestic but they just lack in confidence"

"Hopefully it is clear to everyone about who is performing in this tournament and who is not. I'm satisfied with my performance in the tournament and I also picked up alot of wickets in the domestic tournament prior to the PSL. It is up to the selectors whether I get picked or not. My job is to give them a good reason and make a strong case for my selection. "

"I'm definitely disappointed about not being picked for the LOI sides for the past couple of tours. I don't consider my performances in T20s to be bad. I do feel that I've done relatively bad in ODIs but I'm trying to come out of it. I've been playing domestic cricket and several T20 leagues and trying my hardest to make a comeback. "

"I believe that Inzi bhai is a legend and knows exactly when and where to play a player and he will decide when is the right time to make my comeback"

"My performances are in front of everyone. If the national team decides that they don't need me and will go to the world cup without me then that is fine"

"Cricket is a team game. Everyone has good days and bad days out on the field. Hasan has done exceptionally well in the last 1.5 years and he is playing for the team. If he had wanted, he could've taken rest for a couple more games but he didn't. "

"I believe that if you maintain your fitness then you can always play for pakistan no matter how old you are. I've been working extremely hard and inshallah I will make a comeback"

"I wanted to show in the tournament that I'm a fast bowler and my on field aggression should show it. Thankfully I have done well and have had great support from people like Azhar Mahmood"

"I grew this moustache for this tournament. Let's see if I keep this moustache for future tournaments as well."

"Sarfaraz and I are great friends. I like annoying him and I do it deliberately. If he hits me for a four then he would celebrate his own way, but if I take a wicket then I will celebrate in a way I like "
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 11th March 2018 at 03:45.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Straight out of the 'Model Town Gang of Five' Handbook has taught these youngsters well

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Straight out of the 'Model Town Gang of Five' Handbook has taught these youngsters well
    Best pacer in three seasons of PSL The stats don't lie.

Plus he is Johnson now

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Read the article. He's not anything like the other crooks. His comments are fair.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Read the article. He's not anything like the other crooks. His comments are fair.
    Yes Yes Yes, absolutely! The point of this statement is what exactly??

"I believe that Inzi bhai is a legend and knows exactly when and where to play a player and he will decide when is the right time to make my comeback"

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Trying too hard.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Wahab's commitment and drive shouldn't be questioned, he always gives it his all. Not comparable to the Akmals and Shehzads in attitude. Also doesn't make excuses, accepts that he's been below par in ODIs.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Best pacer in three seasons of PSL The stats don't lie.

Plus he is Johnson now
    A bowling average of 34.xx in ODIs and and an ER of 8.xx in T20s (over a span of nearly a decade) also doesn't lie. Let's be honest here, Wahab is basically an inferior version of Sami (which is clearly saying something ) and the only place he can contribute now is in the Test arena and that too only for a couple of years until he has raw pace. After that I don't see any viable future for him in the national team.

But I guess he's performing in PSL so it's ok for a comeback!!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Come on yaar, he is in a press conference and is asked questions so he has to give answers.

The journo asked him if he's been in touch with the management and selectors etc., and he said it's up to them. What else should he say?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A bowling average of 34.xx in ODIs and and an ER of 8.xx in T20s (over a span of nearly a decade) also doesn't lie. Let's be honest here, Wahab is basically an inferior version of Sami (which is clearly saying something ) and the only place he can contribute now is in the Test arena and that too only for a couple of years until he has raw pace. After that I don't see any viable future for him in the national team.

But I guess he's performing in PSL so it's ok for a comeback!!!
    "My performances are in front of everyone. If the national team decides that they don't need me and will go to the world cup without me then that is fine"

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you want about him but he definitely is amongst the top contendors for a LOI recall. The way he's been bowling he fully deserves it.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Wahab's commitment and drive shouldn't be questioned, he always gives it his all. Not comparable to the Akmals and Shehzads in attitude. Also doesn't make excuses, accepts that he's been below par in ODIs.
    I am not questioning his drive, he has severe lack of bowling ability (in terms of bowling intelligence) and doesn't have the necessary tools to achieve a higher ceiling when compared to Amir/Hasan/Shinwari/Junaid and even Raees.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Come on yaar, he is in a press conference and is asked questions so he has to give answers.

The journo asked him if he's been in touch with the management and selectors etc., and he said it's up to them. What else should he say?
    He should've worded it along the lines of 'I am concentrating on my own performances and hopefully the correct people in charge of the matter would make the decisions accordingly' (or something along those lines)

But he choose that he needs to bring in How big a Legend is Inzamam and sing praise for his judgement just to show appreciation and be reminiscent of the past glory? Come on who are we kidding here? He worded it exactly how he wanted to and there is a reason why he make that super kind remark.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He should've worded it along the lines of 'I am concentrating on my own performances and hopefully the correct people in charge of the matter would make the decisions accordingly' (or something along those lines)

But he choose that he needs to bring in How big a Legend is Inzamam and sing praise for his judgement just to show appreciation and be reminiscent of the past glory? Come on who are we kidding here? He worded it exactly how he wanted to and there is a reason why he make that super kind remark.
    You are basing this based on what you're reading. I heard the presser and it wasn't said in that manner. He also mentioned that if younger players are doing better than him so be it and that he will get whatever he is destined to get (and that he is fine with that). There was nothing snarky about the comment at all. No whining and crying and making excuses like some others.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He should also be reminded that he has one of the worst averages for a Pakistani pacer who's played 75+ games and has 100+ wickets. If we really think that having a good domestic PSL or tournament means that this blokes has 'turned it around' then I am sorry this line of thinking is just wrong.

After his Zillionth comeback (2 years ago) it should've been apparent that we're literally making another Mohd Sami and funny thing Sami's LOI average is 5 points. YES FIVE FREAKING POINTS below this pile of mediocrity!

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You are basing this based on what you're reading. I heard the presser and it wasn't said in that manner. He also mentioned that if younger players are doing better than him so be it and that he will get whatever he is destined to get (and that he is fine with that). There was nothing snarky about the comment at all. No whining and crying and making excuses like some others.
    To each their own brother, finally I must say that at the end of the day it should come down to what is best for Pakistan. Pick Riaz who's patches of performances in domestic means he's in good 'form' (as we all know his ceiling from Internationals) or maybe......just maybe......Get a youngster in who could be made into a more long term better bowler that may serve Pakistan cricket.

We know what we will get from Riaz!

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some comments that players make are lost in translation. If anyone is interested in finding out his exact words, then look up the interview video.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    To each their own brother, finally I must say that at the end of the day it should come down to what is best for Pakistan. Pick Riaz who's patches of performances in domestic means he's in good 'form' (as we all know his ceiling from Internationals) or maybe......just maybe......Get a youngster in who could be made into a more long term better bowler that may serve Pakistan cricket.

We know what we will get from Riaz!
    Bro I don't want him to be picked in ODIs either.

I am not speaking in favour of his selection, just saying that he's performed well consistently in PSL and hasn't really said anything wrong.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So by bowling 4 overs clocking 145, 150 u trying to ask to be included in the LOI.

Or may be thinking that by now all must have forget how you scored a 100 while bowling.

You had your fair chance and now play the league and let other youngster play. Don’t bully the captain and Don’t try to act like akmal brothers please...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So first hafeez now this guy trying to be in WC2019.... only God can help us oit of this mess..

Not sure whoelse is targeting 2019 WC, just to think about, scares me.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    Say what you want about him but he definitely is amongst the top contendors for a LOI recall. The way he's been bowling he fully deserves it.
    Nope, we have been here before

This is his level, he has overall been crap in international cricket. One psl doesn’t wash away 7 years of awfulness

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He deserves a t20 recall for death over bowling. If he does well he can get a 50 over recall. He's been sensational in psl.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not buying it, 150 clicks from a gun barrel is cannon fodder in international cricket, it is completely bully material vs our inept domestic batsmen.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the best bowler in PSL history.He has performed in all 3 seasons.Highest wicket taker and his economy is also one of the best.He has been highest wicket taker in previous domestic t20 tournament. Surely he deserve to be in next t20i squad. Much better than trundler rumman and usman.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His selection in T20I cricket can be acceptable, but a big no for his selection in ODI cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    his t20I record i average at best.

It amazes me how often we as fans accept the same crap.

This isnt some young player who has suddenly gone up a level, its the same Riaz thats been loosing us games for the past 8 years

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for him making a comeback to the T20i side but that's because I don't take T20i's seriously.

We have too many decent bowlers to be playing a 35 year old in ODI's a year before the World Cup. However, he is an absolute NECESSITY in Tests. Looks like the management are going to persist with the utter definition of mediocrity; Mohammad Abbas, and therefore, the need for Wahab Riaz in the Test XI becomes more than just important because you have a half-hearted Aamir, a young Hasan Ali and a fat Yasir Shah.

Wahab Riaz is extremely crucial to the Test team, especially after this mustache. We need to take him to England in May, the Englishmen need a reminder of Johnno.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We should look beyond guys like Sami and Riaz but you can not question their hard work on the field. These guys have been bowling 145+ for many years now and still don't seem to have lost their pace, especially Sami. The guy is 37 now and still running in like he is 22.

And compare these to the bowlers like Junaid, Hasan Ali, Aamir and Usman who are down and out every second match.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's bowled well in the PSL but be shouldn't be recalled to the LO side. He's been given enough chances and hasn't taken them. Time to move on.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He still has the same issues so why would he get recalled? Has he learnt to move the ball off the pitch? Are his line and lengths tighter? What changes has he made apart from growing a mo that warrant a recall

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can be GOAT of all the time in these domestic leagues but we all know he turns into a spray gun once he is under pressure in the National side. Just a few months ago in the SL Test he missed his run up five times in a row. I don't question his determination or passion but the guy loses it when it seems to matter. Better to give develop youngsters and give them a long run rather than recycling TTFs.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let him play in T20 leagues. Guys like him, Akmal, Hafeez, etc should be nowhere near the national team.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed?

After that horror show against India and the team completely turning its fortunes around once he was dropped.

Should just keep his head down and carry on performing instead of saying silly things. It will just make his comeback which is probably impending look a lot better for his own good

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Wahab Riaz is on fire, if he carries on playing like this would love to see him play for Pakistan again. That aggressiveness and those yorkers one after another, it;s great viewing.

You're only as good as your most recent performances. If people are saying no based on past performances in the national team, then you are turning a blind eye to how he is currently performing. You don't pick players on past performances, you judge them on how they most recently perform. For example, look at how poorly Umar akmal has performed this tournament, and based on that people are saying he shouldn't play again (PSL/national team), there shouldn't be a double standard, in the same way when a player consistently performs he of course should be on the radar for national team selection.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Disappointed?

After that horror show against India and the team completely turning its fortunes around once he was dropped.

Should just keep his head down and carry on performing instead of saying silly things. It will just make his comeback which is probably impending look a lot better for his own good
    Sadly, it's not been the only horror show.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's play Wahab Johnson in Engkand

The Poms will get PSD after seeing the stache and crumble as usual

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why we hype such players like wahab

U don't see south Africans hyping up players like Andrew hall , marchant de lange , Parnell, Chris Morris,

or albie morkel who had good performances in Ipl as an all rounder

All these players are equal to if not better than wahab riaz

Even rana naveed was a better strike bowler in limited overs than wahab , he had better nouse than wahab , and also could bowl with the new ball , had proper late swing and could reverse it, he had some gun performances against India in odi.

Even in his later career he had that hair transplant and but some memorable performances for Derbyshire county and in big bash league .

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    batting department tullaybaaz : uakmal
    bowling department tullaybaaz: wahab

but honestly speaking wahab has done and achieved slightly better than uakmal

cant forget this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDthvTcxpc

and this

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/194953

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh please no, I really don't wanna see this run machine in the squad again. A few good performances in Domestics and PSL don't really mean anything. We've already got Amir, Hasan, Junaid, Shinwari, Raees, and an upcoming Shaheen Afridi!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His time has gone

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He's back with a bang.

He has regained those 5 kph by hardwork.

Would be an assett on any wicket between over number 35 to 50.

His 150 kph accurate yorkers will reverse and in middle overs he can get 1 or 2 wickets through bouncer barrage.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if he's learned to bowl to one side of the wicket at the age of 35. I have seen his PSL games, he's the same as ever. His pace and hostility make him a dangerous proposition for anyone when he's on target. When he starts spraying down the leg side or off length, then he's canon fodder for the quality batsmen who know they can just wait for the bad ball.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because you are awful. There is no need for him we need to move on from him.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    But that white jacket that he was gifted by Salman Butt was good...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can be either brilliant or very poor.

He should stick to 20/20 - short and simple. He could serve Pak well in that format.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, should be considered for the T20 format for Pakistan, his death bowling has been on the mark and he packs a punch too.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another player who is at his level

We don’t need a wannabe Johnson

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    He can be either brilliant or very poor.

He should stick to 20/20 - short and simple. He could serve Pak well in that format.
    I can't think of many bowlers who are so not very good even when they are good. 'Brilliant' is a bowler taking a 5 fer or 10 fer, running through a side, not 2 or 3 wickets an opportune moment, which is what Wahab usually gives you, if he gives you anything. Wahab has only 2 5fers in his entire Test career and only 1, if alos memorable WC 5 fer in 70 something ODIs. That is pretty much it. An awful bowling average and strike rate says it all. He has not been among the top wicket takers in recent LOI domestic tourneys, not even close, so why should a good T20 make him a shoe in for the national ODI side?

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab has been very good in tests. So i would keep picking him for UAE/docile tracks. Can't put all pressure on Amir, Hasan etc.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Still no place for Wahab in the LOI squads - will he ever return?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Unfortunately, you can never rule it out.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Birmingham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would select him for tests where he can reverse it and has pace. He is finished in ODIs after that appalling performance v India (group game) in CT 17.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any express pace bowlers of note, aside from Wahab, at all in the country?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he never does.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to say except .

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By the looks of it spray gun is finally gone.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope he don't he has had enough time ro improve now our youngsters deserve that time, the ones who destroyed england and india and won the icc champion's trophy