Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 36 of 36
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Broadcast quality for PSL playoffs and final in Pakistan

    Do you guys think we will get decent video quality during the PSL matches in Pakistan. Looking at the previous matches held in Pakistan, the quality wasn't that great.
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th March 2018 at 12:18.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    589
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time, the production team refused to go to Pakistan for the final and hence we had a lower quality broadcast compared to the rest of the PSL matches.

    PCB should ensure that there is a clause which prevents production teams from chickening out at the last minute, such as docking 90% of their fees.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    2,225
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this time i have alpt of issues with cricketgateway website
    i got fast internet yet its keep on loading and every 20 minute the site log it self out. which is really pathetic.
    i paid for their subcriptipns 3 years in a row but i dont think i will be paying next season.


    لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    Last time, the production team refused to go to Pakistan for the final and hence we had a lower quality broadcast compared to the rest of the PSL matches.

    PCB should ensure that there is a clause which prevents production teams from chickening out at the last minute, such as docking 90% of their fees.
    Do we know if the production team is willing to go to Pakistan ? I am more concerned with the fact that we still dont have HD cameras..

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in the UK the broadcast quality was dismal for the first day or two. However, it then picked up and got better. However, its not HD or anything near.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,719
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTV sports production will be horrible and certainly take away some of the fun for the viewers.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,253
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The broadcast for last year's Final was fine.



    The picture was slightly darker than normal, but I believe it was mentioned that was a stadium lighting issue and something even the people at the ground complained about.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    1,001
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly if you are going to watch this on PTV sports then your are going to get a crappy picture no matter what. Geo sports is much better if you are watching in Pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Karachi....
    Runs
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG...have you guys forgot World XI series???

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Srinagar, indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
    this time i have alpt of issues with cricketgateway website
    i got fast internet yet its keep on loading and every 20 minute the site log it self out. which is really pathetic.
    i paid for their subcriptipns 3 years in a row but i dont think i will be paying next season.


    Why did you pay for it. They stream the match live on their fb page.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Sahiwal
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The broadcast quality will be in HD, if Sunset Vine doesn't come to Pakistan, PCB will hire same group which produced WXi matches.

    PCB needs to get involve one of the local media group, I'm sure with trained staff and latest technology, they can do what Channel 9 is doing in Australia. They have trucks, which includes all the tech and goes from stadium to stadium and broad the matches.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    256
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    PSL Broadcasting for Playsoff and final

    So guys, who is broadcasting the games in pakistan? Last year the final match quality was weak, hopefully this time is better so we can hear the crowd and watch the games in a better quality. Are the same people who broadcasted the games in UAE travelling to Pakistan ?

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,960
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    What's the update on sunsetVine hopefully they provide the production


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,444
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1980s coverage.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    2,225
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamaadqureshi819 View Post
    Why did you pay for it. They stream the match live on their fb page.
    i paid for it i thought in a way i could support PSL.
    even though i dont get much time to watch matches when ever i did get time the stream never really worked when it worked its logging out.


    لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

  16. #16
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Sahiwal
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    1980s coverage.
    No really. It will be quality of same as of WXI tour. Also all the commentators are coming except Danny Morrison. Fleming was already gone and Ganga was replacement for him.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    2,068
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good quality Video. Not to be nitpicking but can hardly feel the atmosphere. Something to work on.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    1,812
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the flood lights are outdated or something because it looks darker then the UAE leg.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,195
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the production quality is great!

    This is how the PCB should be broadcasting all domestic matches in Pakistan

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,253
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    I think the production quality is great!

    This is how the PCB should be broadcasting all domestic matches in Pakistan
    There is $ in these franchise leagues that is not there for other domestic tournaments.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,195
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    There is $ in these franchise leagues that is not there for other domestic tournaments.
    This is where the PCB comes in to do their job

    I mean how hard is it to get HD quality cameras (even for PTV sports)? Like the BCCI has its own production (or however that works, I think they sell the rights or something), PCB can do it too.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,882
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful coverage in Lahore

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,196
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    This is where the PCB comes in to do their job

    I mean how hard is it to get HD quality cameras (even for PTV sports)? Like the BCCI has its own production (or however that works, I think they sell the rights or something), PCB can do it too.
    Not worth it for two matches a year..Best to focus the budget on other things until we can get more matches.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    14,253
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    This is where the PCB comes in to do their job

    I mean how hard is it to get HD quality cameras (even for PTV sports)? Like the BCCI has its own production (or however that works, I think they sell the rights or something), PCB can do it too.
    They money is there because there are viewers. There are people in the stands and all around the world to watch.

    That brings in sponsor and TV rights money.

    That simply isn't in the case for normal run of the mill Pakistani domestic tournaments.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,537
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Good quality Video. Not to be nitpicking but can hardly feel the atmosphere. Something to work on.
    Same here. Couldn’t hear the crowd. Video was flickering too as Cricketjoshila mentioned. Don’t know the technicalities behind it though, assumed its something to do with D sports.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,195
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Not worth it for two matches a year..Best to focus the budget on other things until we can get more matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Cronie View Post
    They money is there because there are viewers. There are people in the stands and all around the world to watch.

    That brings in sponsor and TV rights money.

    That simply isn't in the case for normal run of the mill Pakistani domestic tournaments.
    I'm not talking about just these 2 matches, talking about domestic cricket as a whole. Even the U19 match was broadcasted on Youtube between Pak U19 and Aus U19. Something like that would suffice.

    Your right, it isn't the case for Pakistani domestic tournaments. This is where the PCB needs to do their job and incentivize people to come out to the ground, create rivalries. Need to pump money into the domestic cricket and I think people will come out to watch. Maybe not all the matches or even the 4-day game (even when tests were played in Pakistan stadiums were hardly full).

    Pakistan has a population of 210+ million people. That is no joke, marketed well, I'm sure the sponsors will start rolling in. Need to build more grounds around the country. The northern parts of Pakistan are beautiful and would be awesome to have a stadiums there. I think Pakistan is one of the few countries of the world where we could have pitches for all conditions almost.
    Last edited by mmkextreme_1; 20th March 2018 at 17:01.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,822
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Same here. Couldn’t hear the crowd. Video was flickering too as Cricketjoshila mentioned. Don’t know the technicalities behind it though, assumed its something to do with D sports.
    Due to poor weather at stadium, that's what they claim.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,195
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Same here. Couldn’t hear the crowd. Video was flickering too as Cricketjoshila mentioned. Don’t know the technicalities behind it though, assumed its something to do with D sports.
    Hearing the crowd was a problem last year as well (actually think it's a bit better this year around).

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,537
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    Due to poor weather at stadium, that's what they claim.
    Thanks. Was surprised as the turn out is good (mostly packed stadium).

    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Hearing the crowd was a problem last year as well (actually think it's a bit better this year around).
    Honestly, takes away the fun. Can’t imagine how bad it was last year.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,195
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Thanks. Was surprised as the turn out is good (mostly packed stadium).



    Honestly, takes away the fun. Can’t imagine how bad it was last year.
    Yeah, I'm not sure it's because the crowd being so far back? It is a full stadium.

    Maybe someone else could explain the logistics behind the scene?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    70,010
    Mentioned
    1488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Better picture quality finally which is good to see.



  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    458
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broadcasting in pakistan leg is being done by the same production company who did the UAE leg.
    (Sunset + vine )

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    146
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Production for the playoff game was excellent. Watched it on cricketgateway.com by paying $7.99

    Was way better than what we saw in last year's PSL final

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,196
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    loved it..the crowd was buzzing, the production value was great..Stadium looked brilliant..Cant wait for the final..

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    23,196
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    also is it just me but Zalmi seem like the most popular team in Pakistan..Darren Sammy should be given a medal from the state for his services to cricket in Pakistan!!

    But my team iU will beat them on Sunday, and as I will be in Islu it will be great to see the reaction if there is any lol

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    1,394
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much much better than last year, Should improve further next year.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •