Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Jamie Carragher suspended from Sky Sports after being filmed spitting at girl [Post #9]

The football pundit was caught on video spitting towards a teenager following Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat at Manchester United. The incident happened while Carragher was driving, ending with him winding down his window and spitting towards another car carrying a teenage girl. He apologised on Sunday evening for the incident via Twitter however the broadcaster has now been suspended from his pundit role on Sky Sports

https://www.theguardian.com/football...old-girl-video

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Jamie did was inexcusable, but the real question here is what sort of father put's his child at risk, when filming and driving at the same time!

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem being if your in the media limelight and have such a prominent position as a pundit any mistake is pounced upon

I really think carragher should get into coaching , he's wasting his time and talent at sky

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Oh Carra

A moment of madness from him that's out of order but what's the driver doing on his phone behind the wheel ? Feel sorry for the daughter having to deal with his dad's antics.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    What Jamie did was inexcusable, but the real question here is what sort of father put's his child at risk, when filming and driving at the same time!
    He sounds like an absolute toe rag. He wound up Carragher then revelled in the spitting reaction he provoked. Shows low class on both sides, glad Carragher has been sacked, his punditry was rubbish anyway, like most former footballers.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lock him up!

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky Sports after a video showed the former England and Liverpool defender spitting towards a girl in a car from his own vehicle.

The television pundit had been covering Liverpool's 2-1 loss to Manchester United for Sky on Saturday.

He apologised but Sky said it "takes this matter extremely seriously and strongly condemns Jamie's actions".

It added they had "made that clear to him in person" and "suspended him".

"It falls well below the standards we expect of our people," continued the statement.

A Danish television channel has also pulled Carragher from its coverage of Manchester United's Champions League game against Sevilla at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

In the video obtained by the Mirror, Carragher exchanges waves with the girl's dad. Carragher then winds down his window while the girl's dad winds down his passenger side window. The dad can then be heard shouting: "Unlucky Jamie lad. Two, one."

Carragher reacts by leaning out of his window and spitting towards the car, hitting the girl, who is sitting in the front passenger seat.

On Sunday night he apologised on Twitter and said that while he was "goaded three/four times while being filmed", that there was "no excuse".

He was interviewed on Sky News on Monday and called it "a moment of madness" and "four or five seconds I can't explain".

"It's devastating for the family involved and I'm sorry for my actions," he said. "I called the family, obviously they were upset last night.

"That is my biggest regret, that a 14-year-old girl was caught up in the middle of this. That devastates me more than anything else.

"Because it is a young girl it feels slightly worse to me. I have a daughter of the same age and if someone had done that to her I don't know how I would respond.

"Hopefully the family can accept that apology from me."

Sky's statement did not say how long Carragher's suspension would last and, on his future as a pundit with the company, the 40-year-old said "it remains to be seen and it's Sky's decision".

"What I would say is there is no doubt what I have done is disgusting and I apologise for it," added Carragher.

"I'll be vilified for it and rightly so. What I would hope is that five seconds of madness doesn't represent me and, hopefully, the general public will look at the 20 years of my career and see it as a mistake.

"I haven't offered my resignation but they have made it known that they are very disappointed about the shame now hanging over the name."

He added: "My own kids are disappointed and a little bit upset obviously. It's a poor message, not just in the game, but it's a poor message for everyone out there."

Carragher was supposed to be acting as a pundit for Danish television channel TV3 Sport, which is part of the Modern Times Group media company, for the second leg of Manchester United's last-16 Champions League tie at home to Sevilla on Tuesday.

However, he has been pulled from their coverage as they investigate the spitting incident, with MTG Sport executive vice-president Peter Norrelund saying they had sent an employee to speak to Carragher before deciding what further action to take.

"I want to listen to his version. With the impact of story there was no need to send him to Old Trafford for the game," said Norrelund.

Former England and Manchester United defender Gary Neville is a Sky Sports pundit alongside Carragher and believes his colleague should keep his role at the company.

"I've just watched Jamie Carragher say sorry," he said. "No excuses, he's made a big mistake.

"He's massively passionate about football and he's overstepped the mark and shouldn't have reacted.

"I've been on TV for three years with him and, in my opinion, this isolated incident shouldn't stop us working together."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43376262

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    'A momen of madness' they say, you people wouldn't be saying that if he was acquainted with United nor would you be focusing more on the dads antics who is a idiot btw then Jamie spitting on a little girl, imagine that was your kid.

I shouldn't be surprised, scousers and those who support them are generally the most vile people in the UK and that behaviour from Jamie embodies Liverpool and all they stand for. PATHETIC.
    lol.

What Jamie did was low, spitting towards anyone is disgusting but hardly the crime of the century. He's been suspended from his job and may lose it which is more than enough punishment.

Now as for Liverpool FC, it's the greatest club in the UK having wom more European Cups than anyone else. Liverpool as a city has changed a lot of the last decade or so, it's a very cultural city now. Sure it was known for crime etc but let's be fair Bham has plenty of idiots and lowlife characters.

P.s Wait until you get promoted and come to Anfield to recieve a proper hiding, minimum 4-0

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    'A momen of madness' they say, you people wouldn't be saying that if he was acquainted with United nor would you be focusing more on the dads antics who is a idiot btw then Jamie spitting on a little girl, imagine that was your kid.

I shouldn't be surprised, scousers and those who support them are generally the most vile people in the UK and that behaviour from Jamie embodies Liverpool and all they stand for. PATHETIC .
    I hope you used the similar logic about Pakistan cricket team when Inzi beat up one of the fans in stands(which is even worse). What Jamie did was pathetic and he deserves all the criticism that come his way but stereotyping whole club is absolutely idiotic on your part.
    GREATEST club in the world.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    People outside liverpool: Disgraceful behaviour, Carragher is absolutely vile

Liverpool fans / Scousers: The evil United fan with the phone should be stoned to death

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Typical Scousers and Scouser fans defending vile behaviours. Their first thought is to moan about the United fan not his fault your team got destroyed but don't mean you can spit at people, disgusting!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Most footballers have a screw lose and this is an example. But lets keep it in perspective, he did a stupid thing and the humiliation should be punishment enough.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    I hope you used the similar logic about Pakistan cricket team when Inzi beat up one of the fans in stands(which is even worse). What Jamie did was pathetic and he deserves all the criticism that come his way but stereotyping whole club is absolutely idiotic on your part.
    GREATEST club in the world.
    Beat up? That's an exaggeration. Try Shami getting done for attempted murder.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Beat up? That's an exaggeration. Try Shami getting done for attempted murder.
    That was a perfect analogy. It's not as if Jamie crushed the girl under her truck or something.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a perfect analogy. It's not as if Jamie crushed the girl under her truck or something.
    Perfect analogy? Spitting is akin to getting physical? Holy smoke.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Perfect analogy? Spitting is akin to getting physical? Holy smoke.
    While it's completely fine to draw parallels with attempted murder? You never disappoint

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While it's completely fine to draw parallels with attempted murder? You never disappoint
    Grow up.

You bring in Inzi because being physical is the same as spitting?

I was just following on from your delusional line of thinking.

You ALWAYS disappoint.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Grow up.

You bring in Inzi because being physical is the same as spitting?

I was just following on from your delusional line of thinking.

You ALWAYS disappoint.

I was actually mockingy question Shaz's idiotic hurried assessment of the entire incident.
    As usual you failed to grasp basics

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually mockingy question Shaz's idiotic hurried assessment of the entire incident.
    As usual you failed to grasp basics
    Yes of course you were.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes of course you were.
    Boohoo cry me a river

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I thought it was disgusting behaviour from someone who must have had worse taunts than this thoughout his playing career.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is he going to get a better paid and bigger gig now ala Jeremy Clarkson?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Couple of things

First I dont like how the media people are acting like a mafia coming to Carragher's defence and trying to understate the incident. This was disgusting and should not be downplayed. Sharamful () that Liverpool fans are focusing on the dad and trying to make him look like a Nazi.

Secondly. I'm really really surprised and shocked at Carragher losing his marbles so quickly. This was fairly innocuous teasing about a match he didnt even play in. I am sure over course of his career he has received 100x worse abuse than this. So I am really shocked at how easily he was riled up.

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There’s no way he will work for Sky again. Foolish guy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    895 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    There’s no way he will work for Sky again. Foolish guy.
    Kirsty Gallagher kept her Sky job after drink driving so I doubt they'll get rid of their popular double act of Neville and Carragher which has dominated MNF for the last few years.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greater Manchester Police have spoken to the motorist who filmed Jamie Carragher spitting towards his car while both were driving on Saturday.

Enquiries are continuing but it is understood both Carragher's actions and the filming of the incident while driving could be punishable.

Former Liverpool defender Carragher, 40, has apologised and been suspended by Sky Sports for whom he is a pundit.

The incident occurred after Liverpool's 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.

Carragher, who has yet to be contacted by police, said he was "goaded three/four times while being filmed" but that there was "no excuse".

Greater Manchester Police said on Monday they were not investigating the incident, and had received no complaint from the man driving the car.

But after the video was obtained by the Mirror and was widely distributed, police contacted the man who filmed the incident.

Carragher said on Monday he would accept any consequences.

He said: "I'm in no position to question or disagree if someone wants to have a pop or the police want to speak to me. I've done a bad thing and have to accept whatever comes my way.

"I'm upset for them, my family and everyone involved. It's been something we all could have done without but all I can do now is apologise."

In the video, Carragher exchanges waves with the other driver before they both wind down their car windows.

The man can then be heard shouting: "Unlucky Jamie, lad. Two-one."

Carragher, who made 737 appearances for Liverpool and won 38 England caps, reacts by leaning out of his window and spitting towards the car, hitting the man's daughter, who is sitting in the front passenger seat.

Speaking to the BBC on Monday, Carragher said: "It looks awful and I accept that. It's not something I've done before and not something I'll do again.

"It's a stain on my character and I have to accept that."

Carragher, who has two children, said he would condemn someone else had they behaved in a similar way.

"If I was watching someone do that, I'd be commenting or tweeting about it myself," he said. "There's not a person in the world who can condone spitting, no matter what's gone on.

"I knew there was someone else in the car, and I knew it was a female, but I didn't know it was a young girl.

"When I lost it, my rage was focused on the man across me with a camera in his hand, but no matter what he was doing my reaction was unacceptable."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43387013

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamie Carragher: Police speak to driver who filmed spitting incident

Greater Manchester Police have spoken to the motorist who filmed Jamie Carragher spitting towards his car while both were driving on Saturday.

Enquiries are continuing but it is understood both Carragher's actions and the filming of the incident while driving could be punishable.

Former Liverpool defender Carragher, 40, has apologised and been suspended by Sky Sports for whom he is a pundit.

Carragher, who has yet to be contacted by police, said he was "goaded three/four times while being filmed" but that there was "no excuse".

Greater Manchester Police said on Monday they were not investigating the incident, and had received no complaint from the man driving the car.

But after the video was obtained by the Mirror and was widely distributed, police contacted the man who filmed the incident.

Andy Hughes, 42, from North Wales has told the Mirror he has received death threats and felt "under siege" after being identified.

He added he wished he had never filmed the incident - and wants Carragher to keep his job at Sky.

He said: "I'm in no position to question or disagree if someone wants to have a pop or the police want to speak to me. I've done a bad thing and have to accept whatever comes my way.

"I'm upset for them, my family and everyone involved. It's been something we all could have done without but all I can do now is apologise."

In the video, Carragher exchanges waves with the other driver before they both wind down their car windows.

Carragher, who made 737 appearances for Liverpool and won 38 England caps, reacts by leaning out of his window and spitting towards the car, hitting the man's daughter, who is sitting in the front passenger seat.

Speaking to the BBC on Monday, Carragher said: "It looks awful and I accept that. It's not something I've done before and not something I'll do again.

Carragher, who has two children, said he would condemn someone else had they behaved in a similar way.

"If I was watching someone do that, I'd be commenting or tweeting about it myself," he said. "There's not a person in the world who can condone spitting, no matter what's gone on.

"I knew there was someone else in the car, and I knew it was a female, but I didn't know it was a young girl.

"When I lost it, my rage was focused on the man across me with a camera in his hand, but no matter what he was doing my reaction was unacceptable."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43387013

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinatedDevil View Post
    Jamie Carragher: Police speak to driver who filmed spitting incident

Andy Hughes, 42, from North Wales has told the Mirror he has received death threats and felt "under siege" after being identified.

He added he wished he had never filmed the incident - and wants Carragher to keep his job at Sky.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43387013
    The Police in these cases are always desperate to get involved, has anyone actually made a complaint against JC?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the 21sr century. Absolute idiots getting paid bucket loads of money

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham