Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Indian hospital patientís amputated leg used as a pillow

    An investigation has been launched after a bus crash victim's amputated foot was used as a pillow in a government-run hospital in India.

    Ghanshyam, 28, was seen lightly dozing off with his head propped up by his removed limb at the Jhansi Medical College in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh, on Saturday.

    It is unclear from video footage of the incident if he was aware of what he was lying on while his severed leg was propped up.

    Ghanshyam was working as a helper on a school bus when it overturned while trying to avoid colliding with a tractor in the village of Bamouri, 34 miles from the hospital.

    Twenty-five schoolchildren were also injured in the accident.

    His relatives have alleged that doctors were the ones to place the foot under his head as a pillow.

    Relative Janaki Prasad said: 'When we reached the hospital, we saw his leg being used as a headrest.

    'I repeatedly asked the doctors to intervene but they refused. Finally, after about two hours, I managed to get a pillow for him from the market and that's when the leg was removed.'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5487401/ (Contains graphic image)


    Is there a pillow shortage in India?
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th March 2018 at 13:18.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon As a 'Doctor', do you find this ethical in an Indian hospital?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    587
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the state of Common Man in Shining India while the Government continues to waste million on Space conquests, Kashmir and the military toys.

    What an Economic Superhouse.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    This is the state of Common Man in Shining India while the Government continues to waste million on Space conquests, Kashmir and the military toys.

    What an Economic Superhouse.
    A leg/foot isn't the most comfortable thing to rest your head on, not to mention the health risks of an amputated part of the body underneath you.

    I've heard people travel to India for various operations due to the low prices but should they really be taking such a risk?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    587
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    A leg/foot isn't the most comfortable thing to rest your head on, not to mention the health risks of an amputated part of the body underneath you.

    I've heard people travel to India for various operations due to the low prices but should they really be taking such a risk?
    This must be one of those Government hospitals in India where the majority of the poor have to visit.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,735
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Disgusting and shameful act.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brings a whole new meaning to being legless.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    This must be one of those Government hospitals in India where the majority of the poor have to visit.
    Yep, imagine the trauma if the chap wakes up to find his amputated foot under his head.

    Let;s hope these doctors are fired.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,716
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    25,783
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Pathetic,shameful,disrespectful,intolerable. These acts boil my blood.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,735
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Yep, imagine the trauma if the chap wakes up to find his amputated foot under his head.

    Let;s hope these doctors are fired.
    Fired? They should be put behind the bars.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Newspaper editors who publish these articles, their subscribers and those who link to these articles really need to get a life.

    News flash: we all know poverty exists in this world, and many of the poor live in India. Some nations are improving economically, some are stagnant while others are falling behind. Get a life and build something if you can rather than spending your time searching for "news" like this.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Newspaper editors who publish these articles, their subscribers and those who link to these articles really need to get a life.

    News flash: we all know poverty exists in this world, and many of the poor live in India. Some nations are improving economically, some are stagnant while others are falling behind. Get a life and build something if you can rather than spending your time searching for "news" like this.
    If you're referring to me I can asure you I didn't search for anything. On my Fb page, trending news stories appear which I read every day and this was one of them.

    You haven't condemened this like other posters esp Indians but are more annoyed it has come to light?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    If you're referring to me I can asure you I didn't search for anything. On my Fb page, trending news stories appear which I read every day and this was one of them.

    You haven't condemened this like other posters esp Indians but are more annoyed it has come to light?
    I have a very accurate idea of the things which are both good and bad in India. I have a similar accurate idea about Pakistan, the US, and most other nations of the world. Stuff like this happens every day around the world. For me to get excited by this and rush to condemn someone, anyone, is stupid.

    Better for me to try to build something than find how different nations are screwing up.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,349
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Disgusting and shameful act.
    I cannot even see the photo without feeling bad; this guy must be very brave to do it

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I have a very accurate idea of the things which are both good and bad in India. I have a similar accurate idea about Pakistan, the US, and most other nations of the world. Stuff like this happens every day around the world. For me to get excited by this and rush to condemn someone, anyone, is stupid.

    Better for me to try to build something than find how different nations are screwing up.
    Really? I would say it's very rare an amputated part of the body is then used as a pillow in hospital.

    If you find the news not worthy, then simply dont comment.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Really? I would say it's very rare an amputated part of the body is then used as a pillow in hospital.
    There are a lot of things much worse than a leg as a pillow happening around the world. At least the guy got medical attention, as opposed to people dying without treatment in many of the wars around the world like the Syrian war.

    Of the current rape epidemic in SA:

    https://www.economist.com/news/middl...rce-or-threats

    If you find the news not worthy, then simply dont comment.
    I found it worth commenting on the comments, not the news.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,616
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Government hospitals are shambles in India. Only ultra poor and remote area people would venture into them.

    Even before I read the article, I knew it would be UP.

    Shameful for the entire country. Last year, it was oxygen cylinders and now this.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,693
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shameful,unhuman.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    There are a lot of things much worse than a leg as a pillow happening around the world. At least the guy got medical attention, as opposed to people dying without treatment in many of the wars around the world like the Syrian war.

    Of the current rape epidemic in SA:

    https://www.economist.com/news/middl...rce-or-threats



    I found it worth commenting on the comments, not the news.
    Syria has been in the middle of one of the most violent and destruvtive conflicts in history. Rape has nothing to do with treating patients in hospitals. It would be more sensible to discuss the state of hospitals in India or even within the sub-continent.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,892
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A disgrace. Totally inhuman act in supposedly the world's largest democracy. Just looking at the pic makes my stomach churn.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Newspaper editors who publish these articles, their subscribers and those who link to these articles really need to get a life.

    News flash: we all know poverty exists in this world, and many of the poor live in India. Some nations are improving economically, some are stagnant while others are falling behind. Get a life and build something if you can rather than spending your time searching for "news" like this.
    Need to get a life because they are highlighting the realities of India?

    Perhaps you can run an ad campaign to the contrary. I'm sure it'll be cheap.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Syria has been in the middle of one of the most violent and destruvtive conflicts in history. Rape has nothing to do with treating patients in hospitals. It would be more sensible to discuss the state of hospitals in India or even within the sub-continent.
    Generally many horrible things in the world, whether it be a leg in a hospital or a rape epidemic can the traced back to poverty. And India has many poor people.

    The remaining horrible things in the world are mainly due to a breakdown of morals and family ties.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I have a very accurate idea of the things which are both good and bad in India. I have a similar accurate idea about Pakistan, the US, and most other nations of the world. Stuff like this happens every day around the world. For me to get excited by this and rush to condemn someone, anyone, is stupid.

    Better for me to try to build something than find how different nations are screwing up.
    Links please.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    946
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Generally many horrible things in the world, whether it be a leg in a hospital or a rape epidemic can the traced back to poverty. And India has many poor people.

    The remaining horrible things in the world are mainly due to a breakdown of morals and family ties.
    Agree with that.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    4,862
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We all know every country has its problems so no point in nitpicking them.


    ďI've never lost a game I just ran out of time.Ē Micheal Jordan

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,687
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its unfortunate how it is, what is even more unfortunate is OP creating a thread on this to to make a point just so that he could tag some Pakistani poster.

    Its easy to argue in favor of religion ,but clearly its hard to follow its principles to the core.

    The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace.

    Surah Al-Furqan 25:63


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Let's hope these doctors are fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Fired? They should be put behind the bars.
    So the doctors are surrounded by the dead and dying, trying to save lives while you two are sitting in front of your computer screens passing judgement on them.

    After the Jalianwallah Bagh Massacre, some English newspapers started a campaign to pay for the legal expenses of Dyer. "On his return to Britain, Brigadier Dyer was presented with a gift of £26,000 sterling, a huge sum in those days, (approximately £1,000,000 in terms of 2013 PPP) which emerged from a fund set up on his behalf by the Morning Post, a conservative, pro-imperialist newspaper, which later merged with the Daily Telegraph." English newspapers still have the old ideas of superiority, now-a-days it expresses itself in the form of such articles.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    5,924
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    A leg/foot isn't the most comfortable thing to rest your head on, not to mention the health risks of an amputated part of the body underneath you.

    I've heard people travel to India for various operations due to the low prices but should they really be taking such a risk?
    I don't think people travelling to India for medical treatment would opt for government hospitals bar AAIMS in New Delhi or maybe in Vellore.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    459
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we not link the picture please?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    3,696
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic, shameful, disgusting.....

    I don't understand why any doctor would do this?? It's better to lie flat without any head rest than putting anything under the head like this...

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,662
    Mentioned
    877 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Newspaper editors who publish these articles, their subscribers and those who link to these articles really need to get a life.

    News flash: we all know poverty exists in this world, and many of the poor live in India. Some nations are improving economically, some are stagnant while others are falling behind. Get a life and build something if you can rather than spending your time searching for "news" like this.
    Newspaper editors who published this should get a life?

    Lol dude.

    You are way too concerned about India's image.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,829
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Newspaper editors who published this should get a life?

    Lol dude.

    You are way too concerned about India's image.
    You missed my point completely. It is not about India's image. It is about people who are wasting their lives scouring the planet trying to find things to laugh at other people.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,959
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You missed my point completely. It is not about India's image. It is about people who are wasting their lives scouring the planet trying to find things to laugh at other people.
    This story has been spread by dozens of media outlets from the world. Perhaps you should write to them all and tell them to stop producing any negative news about India as it embarrasses you.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,435
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This story has been spread by dozens of media outlets from the world. Perhaps you should write to them all and tell them to stop producing any negative news about India as it embarrasses you.
    It is a story and it should be covered. But there are people on this thread who are using this unfortunate incident on an individual to laugh at India. Thats quite shameful


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •