Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    977 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"No idea how the (QG) team officials could convince players to go to Pakistan" : Sarfaraz Ahmed

Sarfraz Ahmed wants to win the Pakistan Super League title for terror-affected Balochistan. The Quetta Gladiators captain hopes to give the province a gift so that the people have something to celebrate amidst strife.

While talking to Khaleej Times during his visit to Sport 2000 at the Arabian Centre on Tuesday, Sarfraz said: "Quetta reached the final in previous two editions of the PSL but failed to cross the final hurdle. First we will try to qualify for the play-offs and then think of reaching the final. The team is confident of winning the title this time for the people of Balochistan.

"The security situation has improved tremendously in Balochistan and Sadiq Sanjrani was elected Chairman of Senate (upper house) on Monday. We want to give another good news to people of the region by winning the title on March 25.

"If we win, it will be a great news for the less developed area of Pakistan and the owners of Quetta Gladiators have left no stone unturned to make it happen."

Sarfraz hails from Karachi but has no soft corner for Karachi Kings and is ready to beat them if both the teams face each other in the final.

"I am from Karachi and I have played all my cricket in the city. Since I am representing Quetta, there is no question of divided loyalties. My priority will be to win for Quetta and I hope God will help us this time."

Twenty20 leagues around the world have provided a platform to the emerging players and the PSL is no exception. The earlier two editions have produced the likes of Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman and Mohammad Nawaz.

"It (T20 leagues) is the best thing to happen for the young cricketers around the world. The players like Hasan Khan and Shaheen Shah Afridi (the under 19 players) are sharing the dressing rooms with the legends like Kevin Pietersen, Brendon McCullum and Kumar Sangakkara. This experience will do a world of good for the emerging players.

"I can't give you the names of few youngsters until the tournament is over. I am sure Pakistan Cricket Board officials are keeping an eye on the performances of the young players. Their performances will help them to reach another level."

Last year, Quetta failed to convince their foreign players to travel to Pakistan for the PSL title clash in Lahore and. On the other hand Peshawar Zalmi owner Javed Afridi was able to persuade his players to visit Pakistan and play the final against Quetta at Gaddafi Stadium. It hurt Quetta's cause and they lost the final against Peshawar Zalmi.

"Unavailability of our top players in the last year final proved a big hurdle for the team. It was players' decision and the management was helpless. The same could happen this year as well. I have no idea how the team officials could convince players to go to Pakistan. We can face the similar situation if we reach the knock-out stage of the tournament."

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/sarfraz...or-balochistan

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These team officials are the thickest bunch I have ever come across.

Quetta are heading for another heartbreak again after their chicken foreign players desert them.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM1989 View Post
    These team officials are the thickest bunch I have ever come across.

Quetta are heading for another heartbreak again after their chicken foreign players desert them.
    "chicken foreign players"? They are refusing to go to a country where an attack was carried out specifically on a touring cricketing team years ago. Unfair to say they are being "chicken".

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy Watson a guitar, another one...that should convince him

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaIR1 View Post
    "chicken foreign players"? They are refusing to go to a country where an attack was carried out specifically on a touring cricketing team years ago. Unfair to say they are being "chicken".
    1) That was 2009, we are now in 2018. Lets move on please. Pakistan is not Iraq or Syria
    2) We have held international matches without incident last year including the PSL Final. The security situation has improved. ICC has given the go ahead to send officials to Pakistan and are satisfied with the security
    3) Hence anyone who still backs out is a chicken.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1) That was 2009, we are now in 2018. Lets move on please. Pakistan is not Iraq or Syria
    2) We have held international matches without incident last year including the PSL Final. The security situation has improved. ICC has given the go ahead to send officials to Pakistan and are satisfied with the security
    The fact that any international cricket that occurs in Pakistan (for the foreseeable future) will be accompanied by presidential level security, bullet proof vehicles, helicopters, etc. is exactly the reason why it's not safe to have international level cricket in Pakistan in my opinion.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting life, responsibility of a family above than for a pyjama league isn't chickening out.

Pakistan is unsafe in the eyes of foreigners.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Putting life, responsibility of a family above than for a pyjama league isn't chickening out.

Pakistan is unsafe in the eyes of foreigners.
    What are you basing that opinion on?

As the other poster mentioned, the ICC has given full go ahead for cricket in Pakistan. And Pakistan has hosted numerous high profile matches over the past year

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    What are you basing that opinion on?

As the other poster mentioned, the ICC has given full go ahead for cricket in Pakistan. And Pakistan has hosted numerous high profile matches over the past year
    Bomb blast in Raiwind so lets be sensitive about it.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a reduction in foreign players in first place then one condition before they sign a contract.. PLAY IN PAKISTAN simple

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Bomb blast in Raiwind so lets be sensitive about it.
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...hBYjqpgCL.html

Blast in India as well. Lets see if they pull out of their IPL contracts

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...hBYjqpgCL.html

Blast in India as well. Lets see if they pull out of their IPL contracts
    Its just domestic crime. For some reason Pakistan gets treated differently to others. I blame our own, they havn't learned how to project their country to the world.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    offer them $$$ and suddenly security wont matter....

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then how did Zalmi officials do? They should coordinate on this issue more.