Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 60 of 60
  1. #1
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

    What are your top 3 favourite English love/heartbreak songs?

    Mine are as follows:

    1.



    I sing it on the way to work and during long showers

    Sinead O Connor is very underrated, she has not been having the best of times recently due to mental health issues, hope she gets better.

    2. Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You

    3. Mariah Carey - We Belong Together / Sting - I"ll be Watching You (It's about stalking but still )


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Red Devil @TQ89 @KingKhanWC @Slog @aliasad1998 @JaDed
    @Suleiman (Give me your top 3 only please )


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It must have been love" from "Pretty Woman" I hope the thread creator is not heartbroken



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurricane - Luke Combs




    I don't like Country Music but this song got my attention, have been listening to it non stop over the last couple of years
    It just reminds me about the break up and pain I had to go through with my imaginary girlfriend

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    "It must have been love" from "Pretty Woman" I hope the thread creator is not heartbroken

    I like that one to, it's from that movie isn't it? Enjoyed the film to

    Oh no my friend, but everyone in Wolverhampton certainly is after the phainty we gave them during the weekend

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    Hurricane - Luke Combs




    I don't like Country Music but this song got my attention, have been listening to it non stop over the last couple of years
    It just reminds me about the break up and pain I had to go through with my imaginary girlfriend
    Not bad mate and condolences, hope you get over your imaginary gf stick in there brother. Hope you weren't as attached as K was to Joi the hologram in blade runner 2049

    I never knew I was a country fan until I came across Johnny Cash

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Taylor Swift - Love Story is another good country one @Raja Sab

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Careless Whisper" Awesome track by the great George Michael.



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Robert and @Junaids should have some good ones

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one of my favourites.



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    George Michael is a legend, Careless Whisper is his best hit for me.

    Another: Leona Lewis - Keep Bleeding Keep Keep Bleeding

  12. #12
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last one. Sorry it's four! "Everything I do, I do for you" by Bryan Adams is also a classic



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,478
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    George Michael is a legend, Careless Whisper is his best hit for me.

    Another: Leona Lewis - Keep Bleeding Keep Keep Bleeding
    The Leona Lewis thought made me chuckle: it’s Simon’s ring tone in the Inbetweeners episode “Caravan Club” which I sincerely believe is the greatest comedy episode of all time!

    My vote is:

    1. Careless Whisper - George Michael
    2. Don’t You Want Me - Human League
    3. If I Can’t Have You - the Bee Gees

    An honourable mention for “Closest Thing to Heaven” by the Kane Gang.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just regarding heartbreak there are many, can't just limit them to 3 but just from the top of my head

    Classics

    Gloria Gaynor - I will survive
    Fleetwood Mac . You can go on your way
    Prince - When doves cry
    Roxette - It must have been love
    Nazareth - Love hurts
    Leann Rimes - How do I live
    Beatles - Yesterday


    Modern Classics

    No Doubt - Don't Speak
    Toni Braxton - Unbreak my heart
    Adele - Rolling in the deep
    Timberlake - Cry me a river
    Winehouse - Back to Black

    Will add others when I think of them.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and "I would do anything for love" by Meatloaf. Good times.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,478
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    BTW there is a Wham! Song that’s even more soulful than “Careless Whisper”. It’s “Where Did Your Heart Go”, the other A side of “Edge of Heaven”, which I think was a Was Not Was cover.

    It’s not a love song as such, but consider also Simply Red’s “Money’s Too Tight To Mention”.

    Lastly, while we are in Manchester, don’t forget Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart”, which became the epitaph not only for the singer Ian Curtis (whose suicide precipitated the evolution into New Order) but is also the epitaph for the legendary Tony Wilson, Granada (Manchester) TV impresario, Factory Records music mogul and general Manchester superstar.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,478
    Mentioned
    1571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I know I am a snob, but I’m interpreting this thread very narrowly.

    American music doesn’t count - only English! Even @shaz619 had two Americans and an Irish woman!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,122
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)






    My absolute favourite:


  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Taylor Swift - Love Story is another good country one @Raja Sab
    I tried to approach a girl at my school while singing that song

    it went something like this


  20. #20
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one of the best songs till date



    tears in my eyes every time

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,482
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bryan Adams - Everything I do.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good picks. @Dios

    Also


  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    3,122
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised no one has mentioned the super obvious ones yet.

    Adele - Hello

    Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud

    Brits just do love songs way better.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elton John's "Sacrifice" is another awesome track. Don't restrict love songs to three



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,964
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  26. #26
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,109
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones is probably my favourite song about heartbreak ever. It's different from most others because it's about a guy whose lover dies and now he sees no colour in the world. Careless whisper is up there too. Wham/George Michael have a lot of great love songs. I also really like I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen (has one of my favourite music videos ever.)

  27. #27
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    I tried to approach a girl at my school while singing that song

    it went something like this

    I get it now! This is what India means by "surgical strike"!!!!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another favourite by the queen of rock, Tina Turner.



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many have sang "Always on my mind". In my opinion Elvis Presley's version is the best.



    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come to think off it Elvis was a handsome man. Great haircut by the way! Don't know how he did it!


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    532
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daft punk & julius Casablanca - instant crush,some thing about us,game of love.
    Enrique Iglesias- somebody's me & not in love
    Haddaway- what is love
    Redbone- come and get your love

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Many have sang "Always on my mind". In my opinion Elvis Presley's version is the best.

    This ... and


  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    448
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 3rd choice would be this. Hauntingly beautiful.


  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,470
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    1. Can't fight this feeling - REO Speedwagon
    1. More than word - Extreme
    2. Is this love - Whitesnake


    Tazimi Sirdar

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,470
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    BTW there is a Wham! Song that’s even more soulful than “Careless Whisper”. It’s “Where Did Your Heart Go”, the other A side of “Edge of Heaven”, which I think was a Was Not Was cover.

    It’s not a love song as such, but consider also Simply Red’s “Money’s Too Tight To Mention”.

    Lastly, while we are in Manchester, don’t forget Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart”, which became the epitaph not only for the singer Ian Curtis (whose suicide precipitated the evolution into New Order) but is also the epitaph for the legendary Tony Wilson, Granada (Manchester) TV impresario, Factory Records music mogul and general Manchester superstar.
    I forgot Love will tear us apart again. So beautiful and sad at the same time.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Red Devil @TQ89 @KingKhanWC @Slog @aliasad1998 @JaDed
    @Suleiman (Give me your top 3 only please )
    A song by snow patrol forgot the name but it is so ad and can make you tear up on your best day
    My sacrifice by creed since it was used heavily in wwe in 2001/2002 as tribute to stars like austin, taker etc
    Hurt by Johnny cash
    REM everybody hurts and lot of emotional rap songs like nas rap about his mother & thug mansion by tupac.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    one of the best songs till date



    tears in my eyes every time
    This song is so heart breaking especially the last 30 seconds

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The Leona Lewis thought made me chuckle: it’s Simon’s ring tone in the Inbetweeners episode “Caravan Club” which I sincerely believe is the greatest comedy episode of all time!

    My vote is:

    1. Careless Whisper - George Michael
    2. Don’t You Want Me - Human League
    3. If I Can’t Have You - the Bee Gees

    An honourable mention for “Closest Thing to Heaven” by the Kane Gang.
    Great picks buddy

    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I know I am a snob, but I’m interpreting this thread very narrowly.

    American music doesn’t count - only English! Even @shaz619 had two Americans and an Irish woman!
    You're not interpreting this narrowly at all even for a mancunian


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,853
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of these songs are good.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    one of the best songs till date



    tears in my eyes every time
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ89 View Post
    A song by snow patrol forgot the name but it is so ad and can make you tear up on your best day
    My sacrifice by creed since it was used heavily in wwe in 2001/2002 as tribute to stars like austin, taker etc
    Hurt by Johnny cash
    REM everybody hurts and lot of emotional rap songs like nas rap about his mother & thug mansion by tupac.
    I would have Hurt by Johnny Cash as my no.1 as well, originally it was written about a break up but he took it and made it his own, the Cash version is more about an old gun slinger reflecting back on his life during his final moments, my interpretation anyway but I could see it both ways.

    Dear Mama would have to be up there when it comes to motherly love


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    I tried to approach a girl at my school while singing that song

    it went something like this

    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    I get it now! This is what India means by "surgical strike"!!!!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @TQ89 I think the one you meant by Snow Patrol is 'Run' ?



    The cover by Leona Lewis is incredible as well:



    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @TQ89 I think the one you meant by Snow Patrol is 'Run' ?



    The cover by Leona Lewis is incredible as well:

    No it is called open your eyes. Man the feels i catch from this song.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,036
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Red Devil @TQ89 @KingKhanWC @Slog @aliasad1998 @JaDed
    @Suleiman (Give me your top 3 only please )
    There are so many it's hard to choose 3, so I will go with the 3 I have listened to most.





    John Legend - All of you.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dűr
    Runs
    13,470
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This new song 'Next to me' from Imagine Dragons is pretty dope.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    There are so many it's hard to choose 3, so I will go with the 3 I have listened to most.





    John Legend - All of you.
    Love that song by Enrique, he's a class act and that video also has some of my favourite actors / actresses in it with Jennifer Love Hewit and Mickey Rourke (did you know he use to be pro boxer and one of Freddie Roach's first batch of students at the Wildcard lol )


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,036
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Love that song by Enrique, he's a class act and that video also has some of my favourite actors / actresses in it with Jennifer Love Hewit and Mickey Rourke (did you know he use to be pro boxer and one of Freddie Roach's first batch of students at the Wildcard lol )
    No I didnt but from the shots he gave Enrique in the video, makes sense now. The Spanish version is probably even better, class song.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  48. #48
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,100
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy and girl in post 19 look like school kids to me. Young lady looks to good and pretty for the young man. He must have read all the signs wrongly, the lady just wanted to be friends

    "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston and "Hello" by Lionel Richie are classics as well. "Waiting for a star to fall" by Boy Meets Girl is another one but most don't know about that one. It was used in the "Three Men And A Little Lady" movie ending credits.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    993
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one... @shaz619


  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    23,466
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Robert and @Junaids should have some good ones
    I like very few love songs, and almost none of the above. A song has to either have a groove I can feel, or lyrics that make me think.

    The Johnny Cash one isn’t a love song, it’s about drug abuse, self-hate and regret.

    Though I like:

    The Clash - Train in Vain - a bloke song about being dumped.
    Sarah Bareilles - I’m not going to write you a love song - about being annoyed by her record company
    The Cure - Just like Heaven - about making the simple complicated and driving someone away

  51. #51
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,652
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't listen to many love songs but John Legend's 'All Of You' is my favorite.

    Also like Cash's 'Hurt'.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I like very few love songs, and almost none of the above. A song has to either have a groove I can feel, or lyrics that make me think.

    The Johnny Cash one isn’t a love song, it’s about drug abuse, self-hate and regret.

    Though I like:

    The Clash - Train in Vain - a bloke song about being dumped.
    Sarah Bareilles - I’m not going to write you a love song - about being annoyed by her record company
    The Cure - Just like Heaven - about making the simple complicated and driving someone away
    I agree with you on that Cash song that's what I was telling the other fella, however the original songs intended message was directed at his ex lover after a break up.

    Sarah Bareiles is one of my favourite's, gravity would probably qualify for this thread as well


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    532
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  56. #56
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cry every time I listen to this @shaz619 @Red Devil


  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    18,602
    Mentioned
    7339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja Sab View Post
    I cry every time I listen to this @shaz619 @Red Devil

    Me while listening to this song. @shaz619


  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,853
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let it go by James Bay


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it rains by paramore.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    4407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Me while listening to this song. @shaz619



    And this is me:



    Ah, so this is what it feels like

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •