Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fakhar Zaman and Haris Sohail - The solution to Pakistan's opening woes in LOIs?

In my opinion this combination would solve the LOI openers issue for the next 3-4 years.

What do you guys think?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    In my opinion this combination would solve the LOI openers issue for the next 3-4 years.

What do you guys think?
    Only if Haris can add some pressure releasing strokes this can be worth experimenting as with fielders in the circle for the first 10 overs and bowlers bowling good lines it can get difficult to up the tempo. While Haris is probably our best strike rotator he shot making is limited for LOIs as an opener, if he can work on the he can surely become a good modern day opener. He should take example of Bairstow, he was pretty disciplined orthodox batsman and now turning into a beast in ODI's by adding few aggressive shots in his weaponry.
    Last edited by Titan24; 14th March 2018 at 10:11.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Agha, Sohaib or someone else that can strike it. Shehzad and Umar Akmal are still exceptional talents but the latter has too many disciplinary issues. Shehzad should be given an extended run and not chopped and changed so much. He is the type of guy who requires confidence from others, its a personality trait and team management should understand that.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    No. Agha, Sohaib or someone else that can strike it. Shehzad and Umar Akmal are still exceptional talents but the latter has too many disciplinary issues. Shehzad should be given an extended run and not chopped and changed so much. He is the type of guy who requires confidence from others, its a personality trait and team management should understand that.
    He is struggling big time in PSL and dont remember any match winning innings of his in ODI in the last few years. In the modern limited overs cricket, every player in the playing 11 should be able to win his team a match on his day, Shehzad even struggles on his day. He played well in the last T20 against world xi though.

He should go and play domestic and improve his temperament and strike rotation.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it can be a great solution to our opening woes. Allows Sarfraz to come in up the order and have a slot available for a new batsman like Talat instead of the usual rubbish Hafeez/Malik.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what fakhar and sharjeel can do none other pakistani openers (current) can do

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He is struggling big time in PSL and dont remember any match winning innings of his in ODI in the last few years. In the modern limited overs cricket, every player in the playing 11 should be able to win his team a match on his day, Shehzad even struggles on his day. He played well in the last T20 against world xi though.

He should go and play domestic and improve his temperament and strike rotation.
    He has played well and still been dropped. The top teams with the best systems, imo, Eng and Aus, identify players 4 or 5 years in advance and then let them build, even through failures. Shehzad gets a score, then doesnt get a good score and gets dropped. Once someone said, Pakistani players are always playing for their position. That just isn't fair as it creates immense mental strain.

I certainly agree he should play in domestic and with how little international cricket Pakistan have, he has plenty of time for that. But he should also be given a 10-15 match stretch, as should many others. I mean Imam UL Haq is being treated like dirt too as is a senior player like Ali. Either drop them and move on or play them, stop having them carry drinks in the squad for no reason. It's a real cultural problem in asian circles and needs to be stamped out.

I do however feel, with the PSL , some players have staked more of a claim to the limited overs side, namely Agha, Sohaib and a couple others. IN fact, Haris has been worse than Shehzad lol

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post
    Ahmed Shehzad is trash... he’s been given plenty of “confidence” by Multan and has ended up with a legendary strike rate of 85 in T20
    Last edited by UN talkz; 14th March 2018 at 13:07.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would give Saif Badar and Hussain Talat a chance in next series.

Salman Agha is not a bad player need good coaching team to make him better.

Fakhar and Rizwan could be v good try out as openers.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Only if Haris can add some pressure releasing strokes this can be worth experimenting as with fielders in the circle for the first 10 overs and bowlers bowling good lines it can get difficult to up the tempo. While Haris is probably our best strike rotator he shot making is limited for LOIs as an opener, if he can work on the he can surely become a good modern day opener. He should take example of Bairstow, he was pretty disciplined orthodox batsman and now turning into a beast in ODI's by adding few aggressive shots in his weaponry.
    Haris is great at finding the boundary against the pacers... itís against the spinners where he gets tied down.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Fakhar and babaar would be ideal in this situation.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Fakhar and babaar would be ideal in this situation.
    Haris is better than Babar against the new ball.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harris Sohail does not have fitness to play any international game, his time had come and gone, sadly due to fitness issues.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think ICC should pass a new rule in which we could try Talat/Agha/Haris/Akhtar etc in the opening slot without their wickets being counted until we find The One.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    I think ICC should pass a new rule in which we could try Talat/Agha/Haris/Akhtar etc in the opening slot without their wickets being counted until we find The One.
    Haris is ďThe OneĒ for now. I am certain.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has to open I think. We have few other options except Babar moving up from 3 (then who plays at three), but think we're deadset on not moving him. Plus Haris plays the new ball better. I do think Haris lacks the fitness and ability to rotate strike to an extent to, especially against the spinners where it seems he gets tied down more. So higher the better.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haris sahab is made of glass.... he probably gets injured getting out of bed in the morning

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Haris sahab is made of glass.... he probably gets injured getting out of bed in the morning
    Or being spooked by ghosts in foreign hotels

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...st-new-zealand

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I think Haris has done well in the middle order for Pakistan and there is no need to push him to open. Pakistan need to find another good opener to partner Fakhar, rather than trying to manufacture one.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly has Haris done or shown to be considered as an opening bat? You can't have a team with Haris, Malik, and Sarfraz...that is a recipe for scores lower than 300 and more likely in the range of 250. All these one dimensional players, however good they might be individually, just don't work in a team together. You can only have two and it's pretty clear Malik and Sarfraz are first picks.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris looks like the ideal player of pace and showed it in every game in New Zealand when he came in 4-5 overs the few games he played. So why waste the opening slot on anyone else and he gets out early and haris is essentially opening anyway. Haris cannot play spin anyway so why waste him in the middle over, sarfraz should bat at 4-5 and talat comes in. Those who don't play hardball will say to keep haris in middle over just asany years were wasted with hafeez opening when he could play good lower or even younis Khan in odis who has a great record at 6 but batted at 3.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar in ODIs is equivalent to Azhar Ali in tests. Their game is suited for an opener.

Harris will be better in the middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @babajee if that does happen, who do you think the middle order should be?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The biggest question is, does anyone in the Pakistani management know about Haris' swing and seam playing abilities?

I would be surprised if they do.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    problem will stay the same.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    The biggest question is, does anyone in the Pakistani management know about Haris' swing and seam playing abilities?

I would be surprised if they do.
    This. I do not think that even Mickey has any idea regarding his ability to play seem and swing.

Haris Sohail and Babar should both play in top 3. They will add stability at top 3 with decent scoring rate. This will also allow Sarfaraz to bat at 4. With Talat, Shadab and Faheem at 6,7 and 8 we have a strong lower order. Just need someone to bat at 5.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    @babajee if that does happen, who do you think the middle order should be?
    Sarfaraz at 4, Talat at 5, Malik/Hafeez at 6 (letís face it they arenít going anywhere) and Shadab at 7

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    What exactly has Haris done or shown to be considered as an opening bat? You can't have a team with Haris, Malik, and Sarfraz...that is a recipe for scores lower than 300 and more likely in the range of 250. All these one dimensional players, however good they might be individually, just don't work in a team together. You can only have two and it's pretty clear Malik and Sarfraz are first picks.
    He is the best player of pace, swing, seam etc in Pakistan and finds the boundary with ease against them.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harris is so hyped I saw him bat recently in NZ looked elegant but over weight & unfit (thatís 2 different things) canít be in the squad unless he is 10kg lighter. So Fakhar&Sami/Azhar for me

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think he is the safest option, but I'd really like to try Shazaib but i know thats far feteched

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually think Sarfraz should open with Fakhar, I know he's a good player of spin and rotates the strike well but he also plays pace well (especially compared to some of our other bats), likes to disturb lengths and gets the scoreboard moving.

While not a power hitter per say, he'd find the boundary consistently in power plays...

SOUND the ALAM!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz at 4, Talat at 5, Malik/Hafeez at 6 (let’s face it they aren’t going anywhere) and Shadab at 7
    A lower order of

Talat
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Hasan

might just win the WC for Pakistan. That is AAG

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes it is a good option, Harris Sohail is best batsman against the pace bowling.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been saying this from long time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haris and Azhar in Tests wouldn't be a bad idea considering our next overseas Test series are in ENG and SA.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz at 4, Talat at 5, Malik/Hafeez at 6 (let’s face it they aren’t going anywhere) and Shadab at 7
    As annoying as it is, if Hafeez get's his bowling cleared (for however long possible) then I think with his bowling alone he just about makes the team. Experience can come in all types of forms

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Sami Aslam or Shan Masood should open with Fakhar. Both deserve it.
    Last edited by Mercurial; 15th March 2018 at 15:29.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Either Sami Aslam or Shan Masood should open with Fakhar. Both deserve it.
    Must be a joke. right ?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Must be a joke. right ?
    Sami Aslam is a crisp timer of the ball, plus his List A record is impressive, S/R is 86. While Shan Masood is averaging 58, is in red hot form.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lower order of

Talat
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Hasan

might just win the WC for Pakistan. That is AAG
    Pak need that to fully guarantee that WC win

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamPak95 View Post
    Pak need that to fully guarantee that WC win

If Fakhar and Babar fire then winning the WC would be a foregone conclusion

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Sami Aslam is a crisp timer of the ball, plus his List A record is impressive, S/R is 86. While Shan Masood is averaging 58, is in red hot form.
    Have you watched them play ? you are still joking I think.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donít have such high hopes from a 40-42 averaging batsman

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Inzi and Mickey don't mess up. We will go in 2019 WC as favourites. Last time we had this kind of team was in 1999 WC.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don’t have such high hopes from a 40-42 averaging batsman
    Oh I forgot about our batting history... Gautam Gambhir would be ATG in Pakistan after all

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also consider Umar Akmal as an opener, will persist with him till 2019 WC, as he can hit big with ease. Two aggressive openers will be good for us.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's necessary for Haris to open if Sarfaraz is to move up the order. This will also help him get off to good starts.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the best player of pace, swing, seam etc in Pakistan and finds the boundary with ease against them.
    There's no data tht sure if heat proves that...from what we have all seen in the PSL and his recent ODI showings is that he can't score close to a SR of 90 and gets himself in pressure because he can't find the boundary with ease. He's a good player...not sure if he's the right choice to open. He should replace Malik but I don't think that's the plan for Mickey and co.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no data tht sure if heat proves that...from what we have all seen in the PSL and his recent ODI showings is that he can't score close to a SR of 90 and gets himself in pressure because he can't find the boundary with ease. He's a good player...not sure if he's the right choice to open. He should replace Malik but I don't think that's the plan for Mickey and co.
    Do you have eyes? Use them.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have eyes? Use them.
    Yeah unfortunately every time I've seen him bat he's been slow. Since your eyes are so hawkish...how about you pull up Haris' last 10 innings and show us what SR he was batting at to prove me wrong.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah unfortunately every time I've seen him bat he's been slow. Since your eyes are so hawkish...how about you pull up Haris' last 10 innings and show us what SR he was batting at to prove me wrong.
    His SR goes down when he faces the spinners because he struggles to rotate the strike.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Last 2 50s against NZ his SR was 80+ before the spinners came on from both ends. After which he slowed down.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is best batsman in Pakistan against pacers. I have never seen him getting hurried up by a fast bowler and I have seen him play against Starc, Milne, Ferguson, Johnson. Very few batsman can play the kind of backfoot on drive that he plays against short deliveries. Usually his placement is very good which will be even more helpful in powerplay overs. He very rarely edges the balls towards slips. Haven't much seen him getting bowled or LBW either. Strike rotation is decent as well.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    His SR goes down when he faces the spinners because he struggles to rotate the strike.
    Not so much strike rotation as lack of boundaries I believe. Haris doesn't make shots against spinners. As far as singles go he gets about 4 singles off 6 balls (SR 66) which isn't that bad but this just continues on for 6-7 overs and kills the momentum. He doesn't sweep or paddle either. Haris I feel needs a get out of jail shot against spinners

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Last 2 50s against NZ his SR was 80+ before the spinners came on from both ends. After which he slowed down.
    He is best batsman in Pakistan against pacers. I have never seen him getting hurried up by a fast bowler and I have seen him play against Starc, Milne, Ferguson, Johnson. Very few batsman can play the kind of backfoot on drive that he plays against short deliveries. Usually his placement is very good which will be even more helpful in powerplay overs. He very rarely edges the balls towards slips. Haven't much seen him getting bowled or LBW either. Strike rotation is decent as well.
    Shouldn't be batting at 5 or below if he's that good. Didn't Waqar try him as a #3? I haven't followed him too much so I'm not sure how he's done before but I saw him in the PSL and seemed like he got bogged down. Does he open the batting in domestics? Or play up the order at least?

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Has never been lbw in ODIs. Bowled only once as well when he was slogging

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can screem as much as you want for Harris to open,the revolutionary will select Azhar,Shehzad,or Hafeez as an opener .

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't be batting at 5 or below if he's that good. Didn't Waqar try him as a #3? I haven't followed him too much so I'm not sure how he's done before but I saw him in the PSL and seemed like he got bogged down. Does he open the batting in domestics? Or play up the order at least?
    He is not a T20 batsman. He played few games at 3 in world cup 2015. Was our second best batsman after Sarfaraz there. Watch his shorts against India . They are on youtube.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Has never been lbw in ODIs. Bowled only once as well when he was slogging
    Perfect candidate for an opener. This guy could have made his debut in 2011 but what a waste.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He has played at 3 before at domestic and international level. Has done well at 3 in domestic cricket. Didn't get a consistent run in international level.

Honestly he is not much of a T20 player. He may do a decent job as opener in T20s but the format isn't his strength. Zalmi were wasting their time playing him at 4-5 and they had better openers. Lahore could bhave made good use of him given how they were collapsing

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The more I see Babar play, the more I think he'd be a better opener. I know it seems crazy to move him from 3 a position where he's done well, but Babar's an opener by trade, his game suits it, and the early powerplay allows him to take advantage of gaps in the field without much risk.

He's also right handed which is great as it forms a right-left combo at the top.

Haris could succeed as opener, but really I think Babar has better potential. Haris is used to playing as a middle order bat and has never really opened. His viability as opener is less to do with him being ideal, more trying to hide his flaws (unlike Babar). Haris on the other hand has experience playing at 3, opening would be more alien to him.

Let's be bold an open with Babar and get a very strong opening pair.

I'd play

1. Fakhar
    2. Babar
    3. Haris
    4. Sarfraz
    5. Malik
    6. Talat
    7. Maqsood
    8. Fahim
    9. Shadab
    10. Hasan
    11. Amir

That's a really strong batting line up, the whole XI can bat which hopefully will solve our batting problems to an extent. Haris, Malik, Fakhar, Talat, Maqsood even should be able to fill up the last 10 overs. I trust Sarfraz is a good enough captain to be able to get 10 overs between 5 part timers, especially when one of them used to be a bowler first.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    The more I see Babar play, the more I think he'd be a better opener. I know it seems crazy to move him from 3 a position where he's done well, but Babar's an opener by trade, his game suits it, and the early powerplay allows him to take advantage of gaps in the field without much risk.

He's also right handed which is great as it forms a right-left combo at the top.

Haris could succeed as opener, but really I think Babar has better potential. Haris is used to playing as a middle order bat and has never really opened. His viability as opener is less to do with him being ideal, more trying to hide his flaws (unlike Babar). Haris on the other hand has experience playing at 3, opening would be more alien to him.

I'd play

1. Fakhar
    2. Babar
    3. Haris
    4. Sarfraz
    5. Malik
    6. Talat
    7. Maqsood
    8. Fahim
    9. Shadab
    10. Hasan
    11. Amir

That's a really strong batting line up, the whole XI can bat which hopefully will solve our batting problems to an extent. Haris, Malik, Fakhar, Talat, Maqsood even should be able to fill up the last 10 overs. I trust Sarfraz is a good enough captain to be able to get 10 overs between 5 part timers, especially when one of them used to be a bowler first.
    Its still missing a proper batsman who averages 50+ at a good strike rate and wins matches by guiding the innings consistently (Kohli type). Babar is the closest thing but he isnt there yet.

Until then, no matter how strong the batting looks on paper, it will be the same old Pakistani batting lineup that is prone to collapses and cant keep up with the scoring rate with out hitting out and playing high risk cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post

I'd play

1. Fakhar
    2. Babar
    3. Haris
    4. Sarfraz
    5. Malik
    6. Talat
    7. Maqsood
    8. Fahim
    9. Shadab
    10. Hasan
    11. Amir

I don't think it's a good idea to play only 3 specialist bowlers (Fahim is no specialist). Pakistan is a side which has traditionally relied on it's bowling attack, and depleting the bowling attack is really not the best thing to do. We must play by our strengths instead of making our batting line just a little longer. I don't think Maqsood is really needed at 7. I would rather drop him, and play another specialist bowler.

ďIt is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.Ē
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Haris is better than Babar against the new ball.
    maybe , but left - right combo is more effective.

Other thing that can be done , put fakhar Zaman at number 3 . fakhar is pretty good against spin

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't need to be the third seamer.

ODI's :
    Fakhar Zaman
    Haris Sohail
    Babar Azam
    Hussain Talat/Shoaib Maqsood
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Faheem Ashraf
    Shadab Khan
    Hasan Ali
    Mohammad Amir
    Usman Khan Shinwari/Junaid Khan

We have enough spin options with Shadab/MAlik/Haris.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think this holds true in ODI. Not T20 ofc.

Itís between Haris and Babar as opener.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If there is no Farhan then yes I hope they go with this, we have no other option. He should be told to play his shots though rather than look to bat through.

Leave Babar at 3, i hope he isnt shifted.

If we can score 320, I would back us to defend that against anyone.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    If there is no Farhan then yes I hope they go with this, we have no other option. He should be told to play his shots though rather than look to bat through.
    He can actually be a poor mans Sharjeel imo. Obviously he doesnít have to look to blast every ball out of the park but he has the ability to stroke boundaries all around the park. Great player of pace.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He can actually be a poor mans Sharjeel imo. Obviously he doesn’t have to look to blast every ball out of the park but he has the ability to stroke boundaries all around the park. Great player of pace.
    I think thats asking to much of him but lets see.

I worry that our team is a bit Fahkar or bust right now.

Say we are chasing 300 plus or more than 160 in t20s. If Fahkar gets out quick I can see issues arising. Hence why i reckon we need two blasters top.

I hope Haris can at least emualte Jayawardene as an opener. He averaged 44 at a strike rate of 90

However lets hope he actually opens. There has been no sign that he will.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts on Sarfraz as an opener? He's opened 9 times for us in the past and averages 43. Including a world cup century in Australia if I remember correctly. Plus, perfect foil for Fakhar imo as he'll keep busy and rotate the strike at one end and let Fakhar do his job at the other end.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fsharif96 View Post
    Thoughts on Sarfraz as an opener? He's opened 9 times for us in the past and averages 43. Including a world cup century in Australia if I remember correctly. Plus, perfect foil for Fakhar imo as he'll keep busy and rotate the strike at one end and let Fakhar do his job at the other end.
    He's better suited to middle-order as he prefers spin.

Plus, being WK, and captain, opening might be too much work.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think @SarfiBabarHaris

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think @SarfiBabarHaris
    haha yar would rather have Babar and Fakhar open and Haris at no 3
    Sarfraz at 4, Hussain Talat at 5

Solid top 5 in odis ;)

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post

Solid top 5 in odis ;)
    Who will you have at number 6

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Malik or Shadab

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadPakFan View Post
    Malik or Shadab
    Number 6 has to be able to play pace so itís not Malik ....

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such as shame we didn't get to see Fakhar and Sharjeel opening together. I think Haris is better utilised in the middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Such as shame we didn't get to see Fakhar and Sharjeel opening together. I think Haris is better utilised in the middle order.
    I think so too, If Sharjeel was still here Fakhar and Sharjeel would've been one of the world's best opening pairs.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post

Solid top 5 in odis ;)
    Think Babar should come in at 3 as he is better against spin and Haris is better against pace.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yar Shadab probably..

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests