Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Muslim cricket star Usman Khawaja's fiancée, 22, reveals why she converted to Islam

The fiancée of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has spoken out about why she made the decision to convert from Catholicism to Islam.

Rachel McLellan, 22, from Brisbane, and her Muslim groom, 31, will tie the knot in what they describe as a 'big white wedding' next month following the cricket season.

Appearing on 60 Minutes, to be aired on Sunday night, the bride-to-be admitted she believed the misconceptions of the faith before she met Khawaja.

'I was very ignorant around Ussie, I will admit to that. I only listened to what I had heard on the news. All I read was well, terrorists and awful things.'

The Pakistan-born batsman - who became the first Muslim to ever play cricket in Australia - said his faith has always come first in his life.

And so it came as a surprise when he fell in love with the Catholic school girl.

Despite trying to challenge the stereotypes of the religion, Khawaja said the pair have faced outrage since going public with their relationship.

'A lot of times a lot of the hate I get is from other Muslims on social media,' he said.

'We will put up a photo of us two, and it will be like, "Oh she's not Muslim. That's haram, you can't marry her".'

Khawaja proposed to his then-girlfriend - who was born into a devout Catholic family - during a romantic New York holiday in July 2016.

As their relationship blossomed, the batsman said he never put any pressure on Rachel to switch religion for him - and insisted the decision was entirely hers to make.

Rachel made the decision on her own to convert to Islam after walking away from her Catholic roots last year

'I never was going to put a gun to Rachel's head and say you have to convert,' he said.

'I told her I would prefer her to convert but she has to do it on her own. Unless it comes from you, comes from the heart, then there is no point doing it.'

Walking away from her Catholic roots, Rachel made the controversial decision on her own to convert to Islam last year.

'[I felt] no pressure from him, not any pressure from his family. I just knew it was so important to him,' she said.

By sharing their story, the pair are determined to break down the religious and social barriers that still permeate society.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz5A7BnXTxZ
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th March 2018 at 15:34.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I hope they are happy together.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good for them and all the best to them.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    “I told her I would prefer her to convert but she has to do it on her own. Unless it comes from you, comes from the heart, then there is no point doing it.”
    https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/03/18...achel-mclellan
    Last edited by JaDed; 18th March 2018 at 16:30.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So? What's are you trying to imply? She converted out of her free will.

"Peace is only made with the powerful"

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    'A lot of times a lot of the hate I get is from other Muslims on social media,' he said.

'We will put up a photo of us two, and it will be like, "Oh she's not Muslim. That's haram, you can't marry her".'
    Quite ironic that these "Muslims" are giving lectures considering they are disapproving someone becoming a Muslim.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    So? What's are you trying to imply? She converted out of her free will.
    Obviously not its Aus not SC, but there is more to the story and her reasons than being portrayed.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol be honest and say that you converted for him...

Anyways best of luck to both

Usman himself seems secular type so don't think huge change in lifestyle will be required

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

Usman himself seems secular type so don't think huge change in lifestyle will be required
    '[I felt] no pressure from him, not any pressure from his family. I just knew it was so important to him,' she said.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Obviously not its Aus not SC, but there is more to the story and her reasons than being portrayed.
    "There's more to this story" dude she said she converted out of choice and Usman said in the same quote that he'd only want her to convert if it came from the heart. You only highlight the first part of his comments and not the rest cause it doesn't fit your agenda.
    Last edited by Pakistanian; 18th March 2018 at 18:15.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "There's more to this story" dude she said she converted out of choice and Usman said in the same quote that he'd only want her to convert if it came from the heart. You only highlight the first part of his comments and not the rest cause it doesn't fit your agenda.
    I highlighted that part but put the entire comment,for obvious reasons, could had just quoted that part from the article,surprisingly this is another weird thing he had to say which i didn't quote:

“I never was going to put a gun to Rachel’s head and say you have to convert,” says Usman

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I highlighted that part but put the entire comment,for obvious reasons, could had just quoted that part from the article,surprisingly this is another weird thing he had to say which i didn't quote:

“I never was going to put a gun to Rachel’s head and say you have to convert,” says Usman
    Now you're just reaching

Your interpretation of his comment says more about you then him

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now you're just reaching

Your interpretation of his comment says more about you then him
    Ok..

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another covert to add to the millions who convert Islam.

Mashallah!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best wishes to the happy couple.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be on news, poor ussie getting bad publicity.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course she had to convert. the social pressure must have been too much to bear. Muslims at large are pretty skilled in the art of exerting social guilt.

Now imagine Khawaja converting to her religion instead of vice versa. Can such a thing even take place?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    Of course she had to convert. the social pressure must have been too much to bear. Muslims at large are pretty skilled in the art of exerting social guilt.

Now imagine Khawaja converting to her religion instead of vice versa. Can such a thing even take place?
    I know ex muslims and non practicing muslims that married muslims and some even comverted. In this case this woman converted from own her own free will according to her own words, the fact that you assume she's lying cause she's a woman reveals your own prejudice.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey man, it's amazing how you know more about a woman than she does about herself. You must have a PHD in mansplaining.

@ Topic: Congratulations to both of them !

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know ex muslims and non practicing muslims that married muslims and some even comverted. In this case this woman converted from own her own free will according to her own words, the fact that you assume she's lying cause she's a woman reveals your own prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Hey man, it's amazing how you know more about a woman than she does about herself. You must have a PHD in mansplaining.

@ Topic: Congratulations to both of them !
    People who grew up in a Desi country won't understand. Let them be. Probably just jealous if anything.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said she is lying because she is a women. I didn't even imply such a thing.

The fact that you are putting words in my mouth and haphazardly misrepresenting my position reveals your own hypocritic or at least dishonest nature.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    People who grew up in a Desi country won't understand. Let them be. Probably just jealous if anything.
    Actually people who grew up in desi culture understand it better than most as they have seen these forced practices with their own eyes.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Isn’t it true that a Muslim male can marry a Muslim, Christian or Jewish female according to Islamic law? She was a Christian already, so actually did not technically need to convert to marry him, but she chose to become a Muslim regardless. I don’t think this is an example of forced practice, Australia is about as chilled out a nation you can find when it comes to religion.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Isn’t it true that a Muslim male can marry a Muslim, Christian or Jewish female according to Islamic law? She was a Christian already, so actually did not technically need to convert to marry him, but she chose to become a Muslim regardless. I don’t think this is an example of forced practice, Australia is about as chilled out a nation you can find when it comes to religion.
    Yes a Muslim man may marry a woman from the Ahl e Kitab (Family/People of the book, i,e Christians and Jews) but a Muslim woman may only marry a Muslim man.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Actually people who grew up in desi culture understand it better than most as they have seen these forced practices with their own eyes.
    In which context was any force used here?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    In which context was any force used here?
    Not in this particular case as they live in a free society and she is an ethnic Australian. I meant people brought up in Desi cultures tend to understand the forced aspect of conversions very well.
    Last edited by DeadBall; 18th March 2018 at 22:39.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not in this particular case as they live in a free society. I meant people brought up in Desi cultures tend to understand the forced aspect of conversions very well.
    So it has nothing to do with this instance, so why mention it?

People who live in Pakistan do not see western women or men convert before getting married to a Muslim. Your point doesn't make any sense at all.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    So it has nothing to do with this instance, so why mention it?

People who live in Pakistan do not see western women or men convert before getting married to a Muslim. Your point doesn't make any sense at all.
    Actually I was talking from the point of view that desis know more about forcing their personal beliefs on others than anybody else, be it Muslims with their blasphemy laws, Hindus with their beef laws etc. Maybe I misunderstood the original quote.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the best. Love to the family.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're correct and uzzie doesn't seem like the type to force religion onto somebody.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don;t care what faith they follow , all I wish them is to be happy and healthy .

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the anger towards those who convert to Islam? I have no problems with apostates, their choice. When marrying outside your faith either you accept it or marry within your belief system. Well the Prophet(saw) said "Islam will enter every home be it made or earth or straw". That's good enough for me if the greatest person ever said it.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

If she had not also , there was nothing wrong , he cannot force her .

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes , she could have stayed a catholic , and marriage would still be valid.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    Yes , she could have stayed a catholic , and marriage would still be valid.
    Why does her conversion upset you so much? I don't see any problems if she became Muslim by choice as is the case.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dude, muslim men can marry christian and jewish women without the women converting to Islam. Not sure what you are trying to imply. You seem to be getting more and more anti-muslim since last few months. I wonder if the general wave of communalism in India is affecting your judgement. I know you will deny it outright but just food for thought at a personal level for you.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Dude, muslim men can marry christian and jewish women without the women converting to Islam. Not sure what you are trying to imply. You seem to be getting more and more anti-muslim since last few months. I wonder if the general wave of communalism in India is affecting your judgement. I know you will deny it outright but just food for thought at a personal level for you.
    Anti-religion,yes.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Religion is something related to God.... The bond between you and the supreme authority.

If you are converting because your husband prefers, then the covert doesn't have the heart in place. Its just"whatever" and chooses the convenience.

Hence there's a great difference between converts who realizes and dedicates themselves to the philosophy than these converts who does for other reasons.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Religion is something related to God.... The bond between you and the supreme authority.

If you are converting because your husband prefers, then the covert doesn't have the heart in place. Its just"whatever" and chooses the convenience.

Hence there's a great difference between converts who realizes and dedicates themselves to the philosophy than these converts who does for other reasons.
    Well said.

I think if you are indifferent towards religion anyway then its not wrong to convert for the sake of convenience. It would only benefit the relationship.

Its a different story if you are actually religious.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It could if he wanted to, he's living in Australia. But in any case, from the reports, it seems she wanted to convert to Islam herself so your entire narrative is hopelessly out of place.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Am not sure, Usman is a bit of an easy going typical Aussie lad. He don't seem like someone who would force her to, and as far as am aware its not illegal to marry non-muslim in Islam right

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Am not sure, Usman is a bit of an easy going typical Aussie lad. He don't seem like someone who would force her to, and as far as am aware its not illegal to marry non-muslim in Islam right
    actually she himself has said she converted for Usman so i was wrong to post this anywya. She's been honest abt it

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    actually she himself has said she converted for Usman so i was wrong to post this anywya. She's been honest abt it
    She said she wasn't pressured into it as well

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    That's my impression as well, Khawaja looks like the laid back type, not particularly religious, in fact that's probably why he's open minded enough to marry a non-Muslim in the first place. She's probably converting partly so she can fit in with his family, and maybe because she likes it, who knows?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @JaDed has been atheist ever since he got here bro, why would he be communal

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish them the best!

On another note didnt Dharmendra and Hema Malini convert to Islam so they could get married as Dharmendra was already married to someone and according to Hindu laws he could not get married to a second person?

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chilled out Aussie Uzzy and yet she feels the pressure to also wear a hijab.

Wonder if he'll next say this?

"I never was going to put a gun to Rachel’s head and say you have to wear it”

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^All Muslim women who pray or visit mosque wear the hijab even if they don't do it in their daily lives. So just because there is a picture of her with a hijab, it doesn't mean she's doing it full time. She might be just getting ready to pray or go to the mosque or a number of other things.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    ^All Muslim women who pray or visit mosque wear the hijab even if they don't do it in their daily lives. So just because there is a picture of her with a hijab, it doesn't mean she's doing it full time. She might be just getting ready to pray or go to the mosque or a number of other things.
    Not true bro. pillionrider knows that this woman has been the innocent victim of love jihad, Khawaja could be one step from becoming an ISIS diehard, and the lady is clearly feeling the pressure to wear the hijab or else risk losing a head to put it on.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    is actually banned by Umar (RA)

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    @JaDed has been atheist ever since he got here bro, why would he be communal
    I didnt call him communal.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    is actually banned by Umar (RA)
    Was*

Umar(Ra) also removed punishments for theft during the time of famine. He was practical and his judgements were passed according to situations. Doesnt mean he banned anything for all of the times to come.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post

They all say, they converted for love. But you never hear the opposite happening. Its extremely rare.

If Khwaza is a liberal one, his wife would not wear Hijab.

Khwaza looks a bit like Tahj Maury from Smart guy.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    They all say, they converted for love. But you never hear the opposite happening. Its extremely rare.

She's not wearing hijab lmao, check out his Instagram - she's dressed more liberally than any indian girl and she's only covering her head cause she's probably praying or in a mosqur just like how sikh women cover their head in gurdwaras.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we shouldn't take their word for it but rather listen to some random posters like you?
    Also who is Khwaza?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post

When did she say she felt pressure? I really don't know why some posters seem to have an issue with this. Do you guys know something that we don't?

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    "Khwaza" seems like overcompensation to me: the much-maligned and well-documented J-in-place-of-Z compensated for by a Z-in-place-of-J when the word in question really does have a J.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that some people in India pronounce Z as J while speaking but didn't know that some did it while writing as well.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Jay-Z is Zay-Jee in The Humsaaya Mulk.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    Jay Z getting mad respected even in the inverted Z/J Hindi world. Word.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Jay Z getting mad respected even in the inverted Z/J Hindi world. Word.
    I don’t even know who or what a Jay-Z is. I vaguely recall hearing the term somewhere.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    My friends and countrymen, the humsaya mulk is not the name of a pakistani tv drama, but our beloved country, which is being insulted with cryptic clues. Just FYA @cricketjoshila @akki

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

'I told her I would prefer her to convert but she has to do it on her own. Unless it comes from you, comes from the heart, then there is no point doing it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz5A7BnXTxZ
    I found these two lines in the article in OP very interesting and telling. The girl obviously did it for him. No pressure....sure. When you are told by your loved one that they prefers something, which is very important to them, but its really up to us to make that decision, we all know what that means. Good luck to them but really, lets not make this all about how the girl made a totally independent decision out of pure love for Islam.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    647 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    My friends and countrymen, the humsaya mulk is not the name of a pakistani tv drama, but our beloved country, which is being insulted with cryptic clues. Just FYA @cricketjoshila @akki
    Cryptic insult notwithstanding, it helps to have endured decades of PTV Khabarnaama to truly appreciate the Humsaaya Mulk reference.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A very judgemental and literally a forced point of view. Clutching at straws.

Everything related to muslims has to be demonised isnt it? Lol

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    I found these two lines in the article in OP very interesting and telling. The girl obviously did it for him. No pressure....sure. When you are told by your loved one that they prefers something, which is very important to them, but its really up to us to make that decision, we all know what that means. Good luck to them but really, lets not make this all about how the girl made a totally independent decision out of pure love for Islam.
    I cant believe some of the posts here.

You tell your wife that you would like if she learns how to cook a particular dish for you. Its a simple statement but politicians and psychologists of PP would know the hidden meaning behind your innocent statement and tell you that, " we know what you mean by that. We know it better than you. You are basically giving your wife an ultimatum to learn that dish. Thats what you mean ".

In marriage, compromises have to be made. In this case one compromise happens to be and non-forced conversion. The ones who dont bend in a relationship break. Probably the cause of high divorce rates in individualist western societies.

In this case the lady made a compromise in an open western society where she could not have been forced especially in a high profile affair such as her's. We dont know what compromises Khwaja has made in all of this. Obviously that would never come to the fore.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by faraz39 View Post
    Sure. Anything is possible.

It is also possible he convinced her she looks beautiful in a hijab. As I said, anything is possible.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats.

Just went through uzzy's instagram, i dont see her wearing any hijab.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    No decision is purely independent, people take others into consideration in most decisions. If she doesn't have any problem, why would u have one?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrh to be in love and that too at the tender age of 22...

I know i’m being cynical here but the interview tells my nothing other then her changing religion due to love and naivety...

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Arrh to be in love and that too at the tender age of 22...

I know i’m being cynical here but the interview tells my nothing other then her changing religion due to love and naivety...
    Awful news. Might have been better if she'd picked up a Kaleshnikov and headed for Syria in a burka, at least PP posters wouldn't have to worry about her being secretly subverted by cunning Taqiya fundo Khwaza.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A lot of all-knowing responses here.... we can’t see inside her head or her heart, it’s up to her and Khawaja what she does, and their reasons are for them alone.

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant believe some of the posts here.

You tell your wife that you would like if she learns how to cook a particular dish for you. Its a simple statement but politicians and psychologists of PP would know the hidden meaning behind your innocent statement and tell you that, " we know what you mean by that. We know it better than you. You are basically giving your wife an ultimatum to learn that dish. Thats what you mean ".

In marriage, compromises have to be made. In this case one compromise happens to be and non-forced conversion. The ones who dont bend in a relationship break. Probably the cause of high divorce rates in individualist western societies.

In this case the lady made a compromise in an open western society where she could not have been forced especially in a high profile affair such as her's. We dont know what compromises Khwaja has made in all of this. Obviously that would never come to the fore.
    That comparison is very silly...its like pro gun lobbies comparing car accidents to gun violence...no similarities at all...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imrankhannsu View Post
    I wish them the best!

On another note didnt Dharmendra and Hema Malini convert to Islam so they could get married as Dharmendra was already married to someone and according to Hindu laws he could not get married to a second person?
    Hindu marriage law allows only one Legal wife at a time. Dharamji's 1st wifey wasn't giving him divorce or something (not sure) . So both became Muslim so that they could marry under Muslim personal law, which allows polygamy, and dharamji could avoid getting sued by the 1st wife.

Dharmic and abrahamic faiths have different marriage laws in India. You also have a "special marriage act" which is used for Inter faith & Inter caste marriages and doesn't require people to be from same religion/caste.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of all-knowing responses here.... we can’t see inside her head or her heart, it’s up to her and Khawaja what she does, and their reasons are for them alone.
    I blame the title of the thread...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @saadibaba hit the nail on its head.

Let's not kid ourselves with the "it is out of love and she did without any pressure" nonsense.

You would rarely - if ever - see a Muslim guy converting for his non-Muslim wife. Why is it always the women who converts?

It does not matter if you are a conservative or a liberal Muslim, the chances are high that you are going to influence or at least try to influence your non-Muslim wife/girlfriend to convert to Islam. It is a disease that we all suffer from.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Let's not kid ourselves with the "it is out of love and she did without any pressure" nonsense.

You would rarely - if ever - see a Muslim guy converting for his non-Muslim wife. Why is it always the women who converts?

It does not matter if you are a conservative or a liberal Muslim, the chances are high that you are going to influence or at least try to influence your non-Muslim wife/girlfriend to convert to Islam. It is a disease that we all suffer from.
    1)Why is it a disease? It is prescribed by your religion to invite people to Islam. Are you saying your religion has given you a disease?

2) so are you saying she was pressurised and it wasn't out of her love for Usman?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

She live in a free country, she is a capable adult who can make her own decision. If she didn't want to she could have find other suitable partner and from the looks of it she could have easily.

If this scenario was being played out in a third world country then your comment would probably made any sense in an attempt to come off of as different than you were born into.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some proper nonsense in this thread.

Asking why is it a women must convert is like asking why is it a woman moves into her husband's home after marriage.

Marriage is all about compromise, but I bet all the money in the world, Islamophobes would have no problem if a Muslim girl dumped her faith to marry an Atheist! Pressure and force wouldn't even come into it!

The OP is news simply because Islam is involved. That's it!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by siddharth View Post
    That comparison is very silly...its like pro gun lobbies comparing car accidents to gun violence...no similarities at all...
    Who said it was a comparison? I was explaining how PP all knowing experts act.