Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usman Khawaja believes he's criticised for being Pakistani

He thinks people stereotype Pakistani cricketers as lazy.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Things have changed now but it's no secret Pakistani cricketers were often lazy esp in the field.

It's sad to say but there are some anglo/saxon/white people who are subconsciously racist, which often leads to strange comments coming out of their lips.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's like how people were shocked seeing Imran Tahir's six pack.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warne's comment of calling Usman "lazy" only reaffirms my belief that most Aussies are institutionally racists. Could be that I am also generalising like Warne as well but their players are often involved in arguments with the opposition. Aussies have a very racist reputation from Lehmann abusing Murali to there people beating up Indian students some years back. I do regard Australian's as being one off the most racist people on the planet no doubt about it. There are racial undertones in a lot things their commentators say. Under the mask Warne looks like a proper racist to me.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy sounds really confused. On the one hand he compares himself with Mark Waugh who was also called lazy and then a few seconds later says he's called lazy because he's Pakistani.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Warne's comment of calling Usman "lazy" only reaffirms my belief that most Aussies are institutionally racists. Could be that I am also generalising like Warne as well but their players are often involved in arguments with the opposition. Aussies have a very racist reputation from Lehmann abusing Murali to there people beating up Indian students some years back. I do regard Australian's as being one off the most racist people on the planet no doubt about it. There are racial undertones in a lot things their commentators say. Under the mask Warne looks like a proper racist to me.
    Why do Aussie women marry desi boys then?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What is wrong in saying he is the first muslim to score a hundred for australia? it is a compliment just like general ayub sb praised milkha singh by calling him the flying sikh.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    That could be the reason why the Aussie men have become racists lol.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    That could be the reason why the Aussie men have become racists lol.
    Wasim Akram should watch out for the racist aussies.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    What is wrong in saying he is the first muslim to score a hundred for australia? it is a compliment just like general ayub sb praised milkha singh by calling him the flying sikh.
    You won't understand

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The excuses are being framed, in case he is dropped from the team?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khawaja does have the lazy David Gower-esque elegance to his play. Looks great when it comes off, but you look like a lazy knob if it doesn't. Can see where that part comes from.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The excuses are being framed, in case he is dropped from the team?
    IIRC, this guy has brought out the racism angle a few times. IMO, he should pay more attention to his performances.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    You get a few mixed race marriages everywhere. Aussies have a reputation of being proper racists, google it. One Shaniera Akram can not undo that.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    You get a few mixed race marriages everywhere. Aussies have a reputation of being proper racists, google it. One Shaniera Akram can not undo that.
    100% true.

In Australia, Aborigines were considered *Animals* by law! Law changed in the 80s I think!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryin Out Loud View Post
    IIRC, this guy has brought out the racism angle a few times. IMO, he should pay more attention to his performances.
    This.

Khwaja would not have been in the national playing eleven if the Aussies were really as racist as he claims they are.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Play the race card when nothing else works..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he had paid for more attention to his game against spin instead of playing victim card then he would’ve been much better batsman now.

As of now, he is second coming of Chris Martin in Asia.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he says he suffered vile racist abuse growing up in the cricket system when he was young and I believe him on that.

However now he’s in the National team his performances on the field will keep him In the team.

He had some magic form 2 years ago both domestic and international that made him a run machine. Let the bat do the talking then the haters will have nothing to say.
    Last edited by 90MPH; 21st March 2018 at 21:23.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many FOBs on here that have no unserstandinf of how racism works and it's ironic that all happen to be Indian.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    There are so many FOBs on here that have no unserstandinf of how racism works and it's ironic that all happen to be Indian.
    Right, these same Indians and their media were crying foul about racism in Australia when their students were being attacked few years ago.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Right, these same Indians and their media were crying foul about racism in Australia when their students were being attacked few years ago.
    Good observation,that's what Indians were complaining about ,being stereotyped as lazy.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Yer what's ironic is you calling someone FOB and asking them to understand how racism works.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a pretty cheap stunt by Usman where he plays the race card and accuse the pundits of being prejudiced. If he wasn't a sloppy fielder and a trainwreck of a batsman , he wouldn't be getting all this criticism.
    I assume he'll have lost the sympathies of the aussie public , the media and even his team now after this interview.

John 3:16

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    There is a big difference between a few poor Indians students crying racism, and an Australian celebrity of immigrant background like Khwaja doing so.

Khwaja may be an immigrant but is a product of the Australian society which, notwithstanding its racist undertones, gives all opportunities and allows everyone irrespective of colour and background to thrive.

Were it not to be so, Khwaja's parents may not have immigrated to Australia in the first place. It is also the reason why Indians, Pakistanis and other nationalities still migrate there in droves every year.

I would say that Khwaja deserves full credit for working hard and reaching to where he is. But playing the racist card to hide his own faults and as a consequence, discrediting the very environment that gave him so much and made him what he is reeks of selfishness, and nothing more.

Khwaja should grow up and take a leaf out of the book of men like Moeen Ali and Nasser Hussain. Inspite of having faced racism and a difficult upbringing due to their immigrant background, these two are among the most dignified and genteel people in the game. You would never see people like them blaming racism in England for their failures.

Crying out racism when the chips are down will only reduce Khwaja to the level of a fresh-off-the-boat immigrant lacking talent and social skills in a new home. He needs to do better than that, given his level of achievement, and be an inspiration to the loads immigrants from Asia who reach Australia with hope in their hearts every year.

So stop complaining and start performing, Khwaja. Millions of others will give their right hand and a kidney to be in your place.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you feel racism there is nothing wrong in speaking up against it but I think this guy is just having a whinge. Aussies called him lazy because he was a Pakistani ??? Booo Hoooooo cry me a river, get out there and play, he was supposed to be the next Ricky Ponting but have been an avg batsmen at best slightly above avg....... I remember being at the MCG and white aussie fans were calling out to Symonds: 'run monkey boy run' years before the Indian monkey gate that's racism not this panziee cry baby crap, which this kid is spilling....

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Yer what's ironic is you calling someone FOB and asking them to understand how racism works.
    Dead right.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    There's nothing wrong with what he said, FOBs have a different viewpoint about racism as they come with the view of a grateful immigrant, as compared to ABCD/BBCDs who think more like the natives of the land, hence people often referring to me as a native Brit.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's FOB?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue