Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has Mohamed Salah proved that he is a world-class player?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 78.26%
  • No

5 21.74%
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Mohamed Salah proved that he is a world-class player?

He is having an amazing season, statistically at a level similar to the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, et al. He may even be a Ballon d'Or contender at the rate he is going.

Despite this being his first real standout season, it can be argued that he is already a world-class footballer.

Agree or disagree? Vote!

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no argument, he is world class. It's not just the fact he is breaking many records at Liverpool but the way he plays.

If you watch the goal v Portugal, he curled it around the player and post to place it perfectly without any effort. World Class goal from a World Class player.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lololol

World Class players arnt made after one good season.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He's world class. But he's several runs below Ronaldo and Messi right now

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Having a world class season . For him to be considered world class he needs to do for more than a couple of seasons. Big test for him is next season.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    World Class? Far too soon to judge. Mahrez and Vardy were running rings around the top Premier League defences a couple of seasons ago and powering Leicester City to Premiership Champions. Would anyone claim they're world class? Of course not!

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    World Class? Far too soon to judge. Mahrez and Vardy were running rings around the top Premier League defences a couple of seasons ago and powering Leicester City to Premiership Champions. Would anyone claim they're world class? Of course not!
    World Class is a term(in football) usually referred to a player who could make the starting line up in a world XI or a European XI (highest standard of football of all continents). At this moment, based on this season Salah would easily make it into both of these two teams.

Mahrez is a good play maker, very talented and Vardy is a good striker but they can't be compared to Salah. He has broken all sorts of records in his first season. Also we have to remember plenty of other players performed well for Leicester. Mahrez and Vardy weren't even the best players for Leicester when they won the title.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would say so. Although it is just one season at the moment you have to apply some judgment to what we have seen. World class is about consistently looking a class apart from your peers, not just on the scoresheet but also to the naked eye. Absolutely, he is world class.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    World Class is a term(in football) usually referred to a player who could make the starting line up in a world XI or a European XI (highest standard of football of all continents). At this moment, based on this season Salah would easily make it into both of these two teams.

Mahrez is a good play maker, very talented and Vardy is a good striker but they can't be compared to Salah. He has broken all sorts of records in his first season. Also we have to remember plenty of other players performed well for Leicester. Mahrez and Vardy weren't even the best players for Leicester when they won the title.
    But, just like Salah now, Vardy and Mahrez were also running rings around the top Premiership defenses as they helped lowly Leicester City win the Premiership ahead of all the Big Boys.

Vardy scored in 11 consecutive Premier League matches, a record, and was voted FWA Footballer of the Year, and the 2016 Barclays Premier League Player of the Season

Mahrez was voted 2016 Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year

As I said, would anyone have claimed them as being 'world class' that year? Of course not, not even by a Leicester City fan!

Ahead of a front 3 of, say, Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi in a World XI?

If Salah keeps performing at this level next season, and perhaps helps his club or country win a trophy or two along the way, then maybe. Until then far too soon to judge.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 26th March 2018 at 06:54.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    But, just like Salah now, Vardy and Mahrez were also running rings around the top Premiership defenses as they helped lowly Leicester City win the Premiership ahead of all the Big Boys.

Vardy scored in 11 consecutive Premier League matches, a record, and was voted FWA Footballer of the Year, and the 2016 Barclays Premier League Player of the Season

Mahrez was voted 2016 Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year

As I said, would anyone have claimed them as being 'world class' that year? Of course not, not even by a Leicester City fan!

Ahead of a front 3 of, say, Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi in a World XI?

If Salah keeps performing at this level next season, and perhaps helps his club or country win a trophy or two along the way, then maybe. Until then far too soon to judge.
    N’Golo Kanté was the key player for Leicster, he won two awards in 2017 PFA Player of the Year award and Footballer of the Year award. It can be argued he is world class too.

You make a fair point, another season will ensure everyone sees him as world class but for me he has shown enough so far. It's all about opinions.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's any doubt and I'm a United fan.

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was world class, he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool. Seriously though Mahrez did the same two years ago and has been a consistent performer ever since. I'd like Salah to do the same next year at the very least before calling him world class.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrhandsome View Post
    If he was world class, he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool. Seriously though Mahrez did the same two years ago and has been a consistent performer ever since. I'd like Salah to do the same next year at the very least before calling him world class.
    Such a dumb post. Have you heard of Luis Suárez?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is definetly playing world class. I think he can pile on goals every season playing for Madrid or Barca if given a run in those teams

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol agreed.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he needs to score another 30 goals this season to be world class. Geez what else must one do to be proven world class.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you heard Liverpool win the premier league ? Liverpool have been trying to lure top players on the pretext of their so called history. Have not even a premier league title. Too bad the players find it out sooner or later and move onto proper clubs. Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling all did it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you heard Liverpool win the premier league ? Liverpool have been trying to lure top players on the pretext of their so called history. Have not even a premier league title. Too bad the players find it out sooner or later and move onto proper clubs. Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling all did it.
    I've not heard but I have seen them when I was very young. The club has won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, and 15 FA Community Shields. Sure it's been a while but we will challenge for the title next season and are still in the CL atm.

Sauarez and Coutinho when to Barcelona, they are South Americans who prefer to play in Spain but for one of the biggest clubs in the World. Sterling fell out with Liverpool. No big LFC player will move to an English club because they think it's bigger than LFC.

Who do you support?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Nope anyone who plays for Liverpool can never be considered world class just a bunch of mercenaries, no respect, honour, unity or loyalty

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Pool get past City, he'll play the major role

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not heard but I have seen them when I was very young. The club has won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 UEFA Super Cups, 18 League titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, and 15 FA Community Shields. Sure it's been a while but we will challenge for the title next season and are still in the CL atm.

Sauarez and Coutinho when to Barcelona, they are South Americans who prefer to play in Spain but for one of the biggest clubs in the World. Sterling fell out with Liverpool. No big LFC player will move to an English club because they think it's bigger than LFC.

Who do you support?
    League titles when all of the other teams were ****. Decent European history I'd give you that. I hope you don't miss the ' history ' word cause that's all Liverpool are now and I made sure I used the word.
    I support the team which are going to batter Liverpool tonight in the champions league and indeed next week. Good luck .

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    League titles when all of the other teams were ****. Decent European history I'd give you that. I hope you don't miss the ' history ' word cause that's all Liverpool are now and I made sure I used the word.
    I support the team which are going to batter Liverpool tonight in the champions league and indeed next week. Good luck .
    It was a different era, LFC have been a top English side for many decades. If in all that time the rest were rubbish as you claim, we must have been very good to be at the top for so long.

Which TEAM do you support?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's made City look like school kids, amazing

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL. I hope you have some decent soap at home to help wipe the egg off your face.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Newark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. The nostradamus.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If Mo doesn't win Ballon D' Orr this year, I don't have any meaning for that trophy.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 goals in the first half of the semi final opening leg against Roma. This could be the tie done and dusted by the end of tonight. 43 goals for the season.

Not world class apparently, needs more time, flash in the pan etc...

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    On another level.

Scored as many as Ronaldo in his 07-08 season.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Have you heard Liverpool win the premier league ?
    Didn't know English football was invented in 1992.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If Mo doesn't win Ballon D' Orr this year, I don't have any meaning for that trophy.
    Whoever wins the CL will most likely win BdO, unless Brazil wins the WC.

It stopped being about who's the best long back, it's about who wins CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post

True, otherwise without doing anything outside Spain or for Argentina, Messi won't have won so many BdO - it's Barca and it's golden generation (........ and UEFA a little) did it for him. Otherwise, the team he had from 2006 to 2016 for Argentina - a true grit would have won at least one WC & couple of Copas

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post

By the way, Brazil won't win WC - my 2nd favorite team, but Russia is too cold for Latinos. My hunch is, it's Germany V France Final.

I have prepared a post on WC, just couldn't finish - it's a comprehensive look considering the venues as well.

And, instead of Balkan, Messi & Argentina is based at Moscow, N Novgorod & Leningrad (St Pittsburgh) in Baltic coast - already that group has Croats, Ice Landers & Super Eagles.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    On another level.

Scored as many as Ronaldo in his 07-08 season.
    1 more already, ronaldo had 42

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Salah performs in CL final and does well in WC, I don't see why he shouldn't win the ballandor.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    World Class? Salah is arguably the best footballer on the planet, on current form. I say arguably because Messi and Ronaldo have built up such an aura over the past decade that calling anyone the best above them just seems preposterous.

Outside of those two, Salah wipes the floor with everyone else. It's not just Liverpool, he was very good at Roma and Egypt will be Salah or nothing at the World Cup.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he helps Liverpool win the CL final, then I think the people who already don't think he's world class will be proved wrong. Great player, coming from a United fan.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are strong indications salah is on his way out to Real Madrid and Liverpool owners want him out because they will get a 200 million windfall and then sign some mid range priced players to cover up the cracks

If salah goes I will lose all hope for our future

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...vides-14843910

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor chap will have to move house now.

I'm sure he was really disappointed not helping Egypt to a win in the World Cup. I hope he is back hungry next season for Liverpool.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I hear his name this song comes to my mind aey ***** hmm Abhi Abhi hua yakin

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't looked the same since his injury.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He started last season slowly too and is only one goal behind his tally in the league at this stage.

As long as he keeps getting chances, the goals will come.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he has not. Only last season was he performing at a world class level. This season he was again mediocre at best. Today he failed to perform again versus Napoli. Ronaldo and Messi are world class because the have been performing at a brilliant level for most of their careers. Salah simply can't be compared to them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Liverpool should have cashed in on him

Lol at those who claimed he wasn’t a Ronaldo / Messi level

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    No he has not. Only last season was he performing at a world class level. This season he was again mediocre at best. Today he failed to perform again versus Napoli. Ronaldo and Messi are world class because the have been performing at a brilliant level for most of their careers. Salah simply can't be compared to them.
    Ronaldo and Messi are not just world class, they are two of the all-time best. Salah is definitely a world class player and not just because of last season, he did very well for Roma as well.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol lets use Kohli logic here..if he can't perform in World cup then he is not gonna be ATG.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ronaldo and Messi are not just world class, they are two of the all-time best. Salah is definitely a world class player and not just because of last season, he did very well for Roma as well.
    Salah has a long way to go before he can be compared to Messi or Ronaldo. Salah is struggling this season for whatever reason.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    One season Wonder?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Getting into the positions. Just not scoring. Last season he missed a lot of chances as well but put a a lot away as well.

Nothing to worry about. May not score 40 goals but he'll score goals nonetheless.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like he is a one season wonder... looks very light weight at the moment.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'World-class' is a form classification. And last season he was definitely a world-class player and among the best in the world. To be classified as a great or an all-time great like Messi and Ronaldo you need to be world-class for the vast majority of your career. Salah needs to up his game and consistency considerably to be able to become a great one day.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like i predicted last season, he will be a one season wonder, who got lucky because his team created alot of scoring opportunities for him otherwise his finishing wasnt great and he missed a ton of sitters, i rate Mane much higher than him.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His first season was truly amazing. He broke the record for most goals in the premier league. People who are criticinsg him because he isn't playing as he did last season, need to understand NO player in the PL today can match his performance last season, not even himself. He's playing well, just not converting the chances but this will change.

People who think he's not world class have no clue about football. Those who do like FIFA writers nominated him for the biggest awards.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seems like he is going through a bad patch. He was never going to maintain last years performance but he is missing chances that he would have easily dispatched last season.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a goal

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His first season was truly amazing. He broke the record for most goals in the premier league. People who are criticinsg him because he isn't playing as he did last season, need to understand NO player in the PL today can match his performance last season, not even himself. He's playing well, just not converting the chances but this will change.

People who think he's not world class have no clue about football. Those who do like FIFA writers nominated him for the biggest awards.
    Fifa writers nominated him for awards on his last season's performances they did not award him the he is a world class player award. This season until now is proving that he was a 1 season wonder, world class players perform every season at the same level not go from too hot to handle to average within a few games.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Fifa writers nominated him for awards on his last season's performances they did not award him the he is a world class player award. This season until now is proving that he was a 1 season wonder, world class players perform every season at the same level not go from too hot to handle to average within a few games.
    lol. A few weeks ago he was being discussed as one of the great players in world football in London. Im not sure if you understand football at all because if you did you would know the season less than two months old. This one season wonder talk is foolish because no player has ever scored more goals in the PL than Salah did, so name another player who has been a one season wonder like him?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. A few weeks ago he was being discussed as one of the great players in world football in London. Im not sure if you understand football at all because if you did you would know the season less than two months old. This one season wonder talk is foolish because no player has ever scored more goals in the PL than Salah did, so name another player who has been a one season wonder like him?
    Being discussed really means nothing, Liverpool fans have a bad habit of overrating their players. I can't remember the name but i remember how when we signed ronaldo liverpool had signed another young starlet and thought their's was the better player or how The great Spanish waiter was going to beat SAF.

Salah had a great season he scored lot of goals, but this whole score most goals in pl is factually incorrect. Andy Cole scored 34 in 93-94 albeit it was a lot more games. Shearer, ronaldo and suarez scored a goal less with 31 but all of them played less games than salah in their respective season.

No one is denying what he did last season wasn't phenomenal but when you go from being compared to ronaldo and messi to scoring a whopping 3 goals in 10 appearances people are bound to wonder whether you are a 1 season wonder. If you want to be worldclass you have to perform consistently.

On 1 season wonders, pappisse cisse scored something like 13 goals in 14 games in 2011-12, wonder where the goal scoring went next season or the subsequent ones. Michu scored 18 goals in his first season for swansea and he was a midfielder not a forward. Never really repeated it again either.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Being discussed really means nothing, Liverpool fans have a bad habit of overrating their players. I can't remember the name but i remember how when we signed ronaldo liverpool had signed another young starlet and thought their's was the better player or how The great Spanish waiter was going to beat SAF.

Salah had a great season he scored lot of goals, but this whole score most goals in pl is factually incorrect. Andy Cole scored 34 in 93-94 albeit it was a lot more games. Shearer, ronaldo and suarez scored a goal less with 31 but all of them played less games than salah in their respective season.

No one is denying what he did last season wasn't phenomenal but when you go from being compared to ronaldo and messi to scoring a whopping 3 goals in 10 appearances people are bound to wonder whether you are a 1 season wonder. If you want to be worldclass you have to perform consistently.

On 1 season wonders, pappisse cisse scored something like 13 goals in 14 games in 2011-12, wonder where the goal scoring went next season or the subsequent ones. Michu scored 18 goals in his first season for swansea and he was a midfielder not a forward. Never really repeated it again either.
    He was being discussed by those who hand out football awards not Liverpool fans. He won PFA Player of the Year, Football Writer's Association Footballer of the Year. He was also a finalist for Ballon d'Or alongside Modric and Ronaldo. He was nominated for FIFA Men's Best Player award. Not to mention the dozens of awards he won with his club and premier league throughout the season.

Its not factually incorrect as he is the record holder for a 38 game season.

I never compared him to Messi or Ronaldo, so have no idea what you're talking about but I feel neither do you.

The people who mentioned the one season wonder do not understand nobody expects him to the same this season because no other player in the PL will either, or even get close to what he had done.

The season is still early, he's a class player who would walk into any team in the world. Are you denying this?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What? He started last season at a similar pace. The criticism against him would be valid if this was the end of the season and Salah had been poor.

His finish today was delightful. Call him a one-season wonder at your own risk.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crucial goal today away from home, securing another 3 points for his team.