Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has Mohamed Salah proved that he is a world-class player?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 80.77%
  • No

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Salah performing well again this season. Consistency is the making of a great player. Certainly up there with the best at the moment.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously not a one season wonder, that Injury before the world cup must have been very demoralizing for him and he has done well to come back from that.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As you can probably remember... I criticised him for having a very downbeat/sulky attitude earlier in the season.

Tonight he was immense. Running into space and past people, bringing others into the game and ofcourse the assist aside from his own goal.

Did you notice how Firminho was everywhere tonight?
    Firminho is a new role and I think it suits him pretty well. He's a rare forward who can nibble & take the ball off the oppostion and of course has great vision. Playing a bit deeper wont allow him to score many goals but it makes Liverpool a more solid team.

Salah's fitness is back to it's best. Has a great chance to score over 30+ PL goals again this season.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If Mo is put into transfer market today, what could be his fee? My hunch is itíll be around £125m; obviously he is world class. At this moment, I think only 4-5 players can draw higher price than him - Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, KDB and may be Dybala. Anyone else?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If Mo is put into transfer market today, what could be his fee? My hunch is it’ll be around £125m; obviously he is world class. At this moment, I think only 4-5 players can draw higher price than him - Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, KDB and may be Dybala. Anyone else?
    As you know transfer fees are also based on the length of contract a player has and also their age. Mo signed a new contract a few months ago and is still youngish so probably would go over 150million.

But he's going nowhere!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beautiful gesture from Mo.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rubbish dive yesterday, don't need Liverpool to be divers like the Spuds

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Rubbish dive yesterday, don't need Liverpool to be divers like the Spuds
    Salah when fouled in dangerous positions doesn't usually go down. He recently scored after being fouled because he decided to continue running but often the foul ends his attack. He was probably told by Klopp to go down if fouled in the box, which he did and the penatly was given. I agree there wasn't enough contact to go down but it was a clear foul. If referees give fouls inside the box as they do outside it would stop players going down when fouled in the box.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    DAKAR: Mohamed Salah completed a memorable day for Egyptian football by retaining his African Player of the Year award in Senegal on Tuesday (Jan 8).

The 26-year-old Liverpool star finished first with club-mate Senegalese Sadio Mane and Arsenal and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang the other finalists.

"I have dreamt of winning this award since I was a child and now I have done so twice in a row," Salah said soon after receiving his trophy in Dakar.

"My thanks go to my family, my team-mates and my fans and I dedicate this trophy to my homeland, Egypt."

It was an identical outcome to last year when Salah became only the second Egyptian after 1983 winner Mahmoud al Khatib to be voted the best footballer in Africa.

Egypt crushed sole rivals South Africa 16-1 earlier on Tuesday in a CAF executive committee vote in Dakar to decide which country succeeded Cameroon as 2019 Cup of Nations hosts.

Delays to preparations and concerns about security resulted in the central African nation being replaced as hosts, and they will stage the 2021 tournament instead.

While the 15-vote winning margin for Egypt was unexpected, the success of Salah was anticipated as he continues to score regularly for the English Premier League leaders.

Salah netted 44 goals in all competitions for Liverpool last season - his first with the Anfield club - and has bagged 13 Premier League goals so far this season.

Ironically, Aubameyang has scored one league goal more than Salah, topping the charts with Tottenham Hotspur and England star Harry Kane on 14.

Salah was born in a northern Egyptian town Nagrig and used to make eight-hour return trips on buses to train with Cairo-based El Mokawloon (Arab Contractors).

Spotted by scouts from Swiss club Basel, he moved there in 2012 before joining Premier League giants Chelsea two years later.

Salah found scoring difficult early in his professional career and was nicknamed "chancentod" (chance killer) by the Swiss media.

OFF-TARGET

Later, playing for Chelsea in a League Cup tie, the Egyptian was so off-target with a goal attempt that the ball trickled over the touchline for a throw-in.

Unhappy with his two-goal return, Chelsea lent Salah to Italian outfits Fiorentina and Roma, then sold him to the latter club.

Salah blossomed in Rome, averaging close to a goal every two matches, and Liverpool paid almost £37 million (about US$47 million/€41 million) to sign him two years ago.

The Egyptian had his share of setbacks last year, too, with an injury in the Champions League final loss to Real Madrid also keeping him out of a World Cup defeat by Uruguay.

He returned to score against hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia, but the Pharaohs exited their first appearance at the global showpiece in 28 years without securing even one point.

Salah netted twice and missed two penalties three months later in a 6-0 Cup of Nations rout of Niger and snatched the late winner in a 3-2 victory over Tunisia in the same competition.

Having defended his Player of the Year title, his next goal will be to match the four straight wins in the competition by former Manchester City and Ivory Coast star Yaya Toure.

The other male awards went to France-born Morocco coach Herve Renard, the Mauritania national team, and Moroccan Achraf Hakimi in the youth category.

South African Chrestinah Kgatlana was voted Women's Player of the Year and South Africa coach Desiree Ellis and the Nigeria national team were the other female winners.

The Goal of the Year award also went to Kgatlana.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...egypt-11100656

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Salah keeps on impressing - what a player!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1761 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many can deny he is World Class but Salah bro should stop with the diving

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Not many can deny he is World Class but Salah bro should stop with the diving
    I think the media esp Garth Crooks/BBC made too much out of this. The ref gave the penalty against Newcastle and the ref did not book Salah for simulation against Palace.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best if not the best.