Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Has Mohamed Salah proved that he is a world-class player?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 83.33%
  • No

    5 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 132 of 132
  1. #81
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,266
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Salah performing well again this season. Consistency is the making of a great player. Certainly up there with the best at the moment.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,194
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously not a one season wonder, that Injury before the world cup must have been very demoralizing for him and he has done well to come back from that.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    As you can probably remember... I criticised him for having a very downbeat/sulky attitude earlier in the season.

    Tonight he was immense. Running into space and past people, bringing others into the game and ofcourse the assist aside from his own goal.

    Did you notice how Firminho was everywhere tonight?
    Firminho is a new role and I think it suits him pretty well. He's a rare forward who can nibble & take the ball off the oppostion and of course has great vision. Playing a bit deeper wont allow him to score many goals but it makes Liverpool a more solid team.

    Salah's fitness is back to it's best. Has a great chance to score over 30+ PL goals again this season.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  4. #84
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    25,004
    Mentioned
    1914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    If Mo is put into transfer market today, what could be his fee? My hunch is itíll be around £125m; obviously he is world class. At this moment, I think only 4-5 players can draw higher price than him - Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, KDB and may be Dybala. Anyone else?

  5. #85
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If Mo is put into transfer market today, what could be his fee? My hunch is it’ll be around £125m; obviously he is world class. At this moment, I think only 4-5 players can draw higher price than him - Messi, Hazard, Neymar, Mbappe, KDB and may be Dybala. Anyone else?
    As you know transfer fees are also based on the length of contract a player has and also their age. Mo signed a new contract a few months ago and is still youngish so probably would go over 150million.

    But he's going nowhere!


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Beautiful gesture from Mo.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,502
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rubbish dive yesterday, don't need Liverpool to be divers like the Spuds

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Rubbish dive yesterday, don't need Liverpool to be divers like the Spuds
    Salah when fouled in dangerous positions doesn't usually go down. He recently scored after being fouled because he decided to continue running but often the foul ends his attack. He was probably told by Klopp to go down if fouled in the box, which he did and the penatly was given. I agree there wasn't enough contact to go down but it was a clear foul. If referees give fouls inside the box as they do outside it would stop players going down when fouled in the box.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  9. #89
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,728
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    DAKAR: Mohamed Salah completed a memorable day for Egyptian football by retaining his African Player of the Year award in Senegal on Tuesday (Jan 8).

    The 26-year-old Liverpool star finished first with club-mate Senegalese Sadio Mane and Arsenal and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang the other finalists.

    "I have dreamt of winning this award since I was a child and now I have done so twice in a row," Salah said soon after receiving his trophy in Dakar.

    "My thanks go to my family, my team-mates and my fans and I dedicate this trophy to my homeland, Egypt."

    It was an identical outcome to last year when Salah became only the second Egyptian after 1983 winner Mahmoud al Khatib to be voted the best footballer in Africa.

    Egypt crushed sole rivals South Africa 16-1 earlier on Tuesday in a CAF executive committee vote in Dakar to decide which country succeeded Cameroon as 2019 Cup of Nations hosts.

    Delays to preparations and concerns about security resulted in the central African nation being replaced as hosts, and they will stage the 2021 tournament instead.

    While the 15-vote winning margin for Egypt was unexpected, the success of Salah was anticipated as he continues to score regularly for the English Premier League leaders.

    Salah netted 44 goals in all competitions for Liverpool last season - his first with the Anfield club - and has bagged 13 Premier League goals so far this season.

    Ironically, Aubameyang has scored one league goal more than Salah, topping the charts with Tottenham Hotspur and England star Harry Kane on 14.

    Salah was born in a northern Egyptian town Nagrig and used to make eight-hour return trips on buses to train with Cairo-based El Mokawloon (Arab Contractors).

    Spotted by scouts from Swiss club Basel, he moved there in 2012 before joining Premier League giants Chelsea two years later.

    Salah found scoring difficult early in his professional career and was nicknamed "chancentod" (chance killer) by the Swiss media.

    OFF-TARGET

    Later, playing for Chelsea in a League Cup tie, the Egyptian was so off-target with a goal attempt that the ball trickled over the touchline for a throw-in.

    Unhappy with his two-goal return, Chelsea lent Salah to Italian outfits Fiorentina and Roma, then sold him to the latter club.

    Salah blossomed in Rome, averaging close to a goal every two matches, and Liverpool paid almost £37 million (about US$47 million/€41 million) to sign him two years ago.

    The Egyptian had his share of setbacks last year, too, with an injury in the Champions League final loss to Real Madrid also keeping him out of a World Cup defeat by Uruguay.

    He returned to score against hosts Russia and Saudi Arabia, but the Pharaohs exited their first appearance at the global showpiece in 28 years without securing even one point.

    Salah netted twice and missed two penalties three months later in a 6-0 Cup of Nations rout of Niger and snatched the late winner in a 3-2 victory over Tunisia in the same competition.

    Having defended his Player of the Year title, his next goal will be to match the four straight wins in the competition by former Manchester City and Ivory Coast star Yaya Toure.

    The other male awards went to France-born Morocco coach Herve Renard, the Mauritania national team, and Moroccan Achraf Hakimi in the youth category.

    South African Chrestinah Kgatlana was voted Women's Player of the Year and South Africa coach Desiree Ellis and the Nigeria national team were the other female winners.

    The Goal of the Year award also went to Kgatlana.


    Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...egypt-11100656


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  10. #90
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,728
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Salah keeps on impressing - what a player!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  11. #91
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    102,728
    Mentioned
    1844 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  12. #92
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    14,361
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many can deny he is World Class but Salah bro should stop with the diving

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Not many can deny he is World Class but Salah bro should stop with the diving
    I think the media esp Garth Crooks/BBC made too much out of this. The ref gave the penalty against Newcastle and the ref did not book Salah for simulation against Palace.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  14. #94
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,194
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best if not the best.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    5,169
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Mo Salah museum to be built in honour of the Liverpool star's achievements

    Premier League star Mohamed Salah is getting an entire museum built in his honour by the Egyptian government.

    The Liverpool forward is being celebrated for his achievements in the form of the 'Mohamed Salah Sports Centre' at the Gezira Youth Centre in Cairo.

    The museum will include some of the sports star's belongings, shirts representing the teams he has played for, and pictures of the star from key moments in his career.

    There's no denying that Mo Salah has built up quite the list of accolades already.

    Having signed with Liverpool in 2017, he has broken several records already including the football club's scoring record for a debut season, and was named the Premier League's 'Player of the Season' for 2017/2018 after scoring 32 goals in the 38-game season.

    Not to mention he's also been awarded the Golden Boot award for the same season.

    Sports minister Ashraf Sobhy revealed plans to open the museum after Mo picked up the award for BBC African Player of the Year, for the second year in a row.

    It's believed that plans for the museum have come into play as Mo's home nation of Egypt are proud of his career and achievements thus far.

    There has yet to be a date confirmed as to when the museum would likely open, while Brits who would want to visit once it's announced would need to check the latest FCO advice before booking a trip.

    It won't be the first time that a museum has paid tribute to the star.

    Although the new venture will be on a much bigger scale, last year the British Museum in London honoured the player by featuring a pair of football shoes created for him as part of an exhibition on Modern Egypt.

    The unused Adidas shoes were specially moulded to the player's feet, and were displayed by the museum's permanent Ancient Egypt exhibition.

    https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/afri...onour-13900999

  16. #96
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    3,194
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 goals in the Premiere League for Mohammed Salah , 4th quickest..... what a player.



  17. #97
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Terrific player, but also a pathetic diver. It will certainly help him fill Ronaldo or Neymarís shoes at Madrid or Barcelona.

    It will be hard for Liverpool to keep him this summer.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Terrific player, but also a pathetic diver. It will certainly help him fill Ronaldo or Neymar’s shoes at Madrid or Barcelona.

    It will be hard for Liverpool to keep him this summer.
    Please dont ruin this thread with your ignorance. Salah did not dive yesterday and has many times not fallen down when he had the chance to do so.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  19. #99
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Please dont ruin this thread with your ignorance. Salah did not dive yesterday and has many times not fallen down when he had the chance to do so.
    He is a diver. Your biased opinion doesnít interest me.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He is a diver. Your biased opinion doesn’t interest me.
    Every player takes a 'dive' at times lol. Salah if anything tries to continue when being fouled. Ive watched every minute of him playing since he arrrived at Liverpool. Your ignorant opinion makes me laugh.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  21. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Every player takes a 'dive' at times lol. Salah if anything tries to continue when being fouled. Ive watched every minute of him playing since he arrrived at Liverpool. Your ignorant opinion makes me laugh.
    It doesn't matter if you have watched every minute. You are a Liverpool fan and your opinion is thus heavily tainted with bias. There is no doubt that Salah is world class, but there is also no doubt that he is a diver.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    2,932
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whilst reading about diving in the 16m box, my head thought about Robben diving in the penalty area to get a penalty against Mexico in WC 2014.

    What a joke that was...

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have watched every minute. You are a Liverpool fan and your opinion is thus heavily tainted with bias. There is no doubt that Salah is world class, but there is also no doubt that he is a diver.
    Ive played football, I go to the games. You are Pakistani, probably never played a full match at any decent level so dont know much about football.

    Did he dive last night when the penalty was awarded?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  24. #104
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Ive played football, I go to the games. You are Pakistani, probably never played a full match at any decent level so dont know much about football.

    Did he dive last night when the penalty was awarded?
    Ah, the good old "you are Pakistani so you don't know football". When this card is used, it is obvious that the person has lost the argument. Yes Salah did dive, he could have held his ground but he took a dive which has been the norm for him this season.

    Anyway, I am not sure why you are in denial. Salah is not the only great player to dive. Ronaldo and Neymar are massive divers, but that hasn't changed the fact that they are great players.

    Yes it is not something that you want to see especially from elite players, but Salah will remain a top player regardless of his diving habit.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Ah, the good old "you are Pakistani so you don't know football". When this card is used, it is obvious that the person has lost the argument. Yes Salah did dive, he could have held his ground but he took a dive which has been the norm for him this season.

    Anyway, I am not sure why you are in denial. Salah is not the only great player to dive. Ronaldo and Neymar are massive divers, but that hasn't changed the fact that they are great players.

    Yes it is not something that you want to see especially from elite players, but Salah will remain a top player regardless of his diving habit.
    He has gone down rather easily at times this season but yesterday's incident wasn't a dive. The defender had his arms around him and it was a definite penalty.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  26. #106
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    179
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the one season wonder remarks should end now. He is without a doubt one of the top players in the world.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,949
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Ah, the good old "you are Pakistani so you don't know football". When this card is used, it is obvious that the person has lost the argument. Yes Salah did dive, he could have held his ground but he took a dive which has been the norm for him this season.

    Anyway, I am not sure why you are in denial. Salah is not the only great player to dive. Ronaldo and Neymar are massive divers, but that hasn't changed the fact that they are great players.

    Yes it is not something that you want to see especially from elite players, but Salah will remain a top player regardless of his diving habit.
    It was a penalty, according to the pundits and when I saw it live that's exactly what I thought.

    If that's hard to digest, I recommend watching it again with your favourite Peshawari naan.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have watched every minute. You are a Liverpool fan and your opinion is thus heavily tainted with bias. There is no doubt that Salah is world class, but there is also no doubt that he is a diver.
    Lol. Have you ever played football? if have have then you would know that was not a dive. The defender had both his arms around him.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    It was a penalty, according to the pundits and when I saw it live that's exactly what I thought.

    If that's hard to digest, I recommend watching it again with your favourite Peshawari naan.
    Was that Peshawari naan bit a joke? Anyway, you can argue over that particular penalty if you wish, but there is no denying that he is a serial diver.

    I am not sure why admitting to it is a problem. He is not the first or wonít be the last quality player to dive. Unfortunately some (not all) are playing the religion card again, and have to seemingly defend him no matter what.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Lol. Have you ever played football? if have have then you would know that was not a dive. The defender had both his arms around him.
    I think he went down rather easily, and even if the general opinion is that it wasnít a dive, it doesnít change the fact that Salah is a diver.

    It appears that Salah is becoming the Amla of football for some people who has to be defended at all costs. He is a terrific player but he is a diver, and that is a fact not an opinion.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    389
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heís arguably the most hacked player in the league and many times stayed on his feet and not been given the foul so he can be forgiven for being theatrical when fouled. Also some of these Ďdivesí are him anticipating a challenge to avoid a serious injury rather then to win a pen, when the tackle doesnít come in it can look silly but as mentioned above you need to play the game to understand..

    Check out his goal against Bournemouth and you might change your opinion!

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,949
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Was that Peshawari naan bit a joke? Anyway, you can argue over that particular penalty if you wish, but there is no denying that he is a serial diver.

    I am not sure why admitting to it is a problem. He is not the first or won’t be the last quality player to dive. Unfortunately some (not all) are playing the religion card again, and have to seemingly defend him no matter what.
    Yes it was a joke! But also good food from your region, so it might help lessen all the tension here about Salah.

    No doubt he has dived and gone down easily, but having read your comments it seems you can’t distinguish between the two. Does Salah go down easily like most footballers? Yes

    Has he dived? Yes but he isn’t a serial diver/cheat like you’re making him come across simply because he’s only started doing this repeatedly this season, which comes to no surprise since more players are marking him now.

    But his issue is more about going down easily (minimum physical contact), which I must emphasise again isn’t blatant diving.

    I’m not Billu bhai, so I’m not going to defend him merely on the basis of his religion. You should know by now (from my cricket related posts), I say how it is.

    Salah can certainly do more to stay on his feet, however with the competitive edge you find at the highest level of the sport, the sad reality is you’ll find teams and certain players, display a win-at-all costs type of football. Coaches play a big part of making players do this, as they want to exploit every chance they get to win every minute on the field. It is what it is. Football isn’t a gentleman sport featuring players of high morals and integrity.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCrick View Post
    Heís arguably the most hacked player in the league and many times stayed on his feet and not been given the foul so he can be forgiven for being theatrical when fouled. Also some of these Ďdivesí are him anticipating a challenge to avoid a serious injury rather then to win a pen, when the tackle doesnít come in it can look silly but as mentioned above you need to play the game to understand..

    Check out his goal against Bournemouth and you might change your opinion!
    Getting hacked and fouled a lot is not a justification for diving. Hazard is the most fouled player in the league since his arrival, but he rarely dives.

    Messi is probably the most fouled and hacked player of all time, but he too rarely dives. Salah has been diving throughout the season and like many great players, he has developed this tendency of going down very easily and fishing for penalties.

    It doesnít make him any less of a player. Funny how these excuses of avoiding an injury etc. are not used for Neymar who is better than Salah.

    It isnít about playing the game or some other straw man argument, unfortunately it has a lot to do with the fact that people find it difficult to criticize Salah because of his faith.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Yes it was a joke! But also good food from your region, so it might help lessen all the tension here about Salah.

    No doubt he has dived and gone down easily, but having read your comments it seems you canít distinguish between the two. Does Salah go down easily like most footballers? Yes

    Has he dived? Yes but he isnít a serial diver/cheat like youíre making him come across simply because heís only started doing this repeatedly this season, which comes to no surprise since more players are marking him now.

    But his issue is more about going down easily (minimum physical contact), which I must emphasise again isnít blatant diving.

    Iím not Billu bhai, so Iím not going to defend him merely on the basis of his religion. You should know by now (from my cricket related posts), I say how it is.

    Salah can certainly do more to stay on his feet, however with the competitive edge you find at the highest level of the sport, the sad reality is youíll find teams and certain players, display a win-at-all costs type of football. Coaches play a big part of making players do this, as they want to exploit every chance they get to win every minute on the field. It is what it is. Football isnít a gentleman sport featuring players of high morals and integrity.
    Salah has been diving throughout the season, and getting marked/hacked/fouled is not a justification for diving and going down easily fishing for penalties.

    Yes it is true that most players do the same, but they are all criticized for it and Salah deserves the same treatment.

    Anyway, he is a great player and I love watching him. It will a shame for the PL to lose the likes of him and Hazard this summer.

  35. #115
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I think he went down rather easily, and even if the general opinion is that it wasn’t a dive, it doesn’t change the fact that Salah is a diver.

    It appears that Salah is becoming the Amla of football for some people who has to be defended at all costs. He is a terrific player but he is a diver, and that is a fact not an opinion.
    Again your assessment shows you haven't played football. Stop talking about a diver etc you said this was a dive and saying something else now. Stop playing the amla card we know you don't like Salah for obvious reasons.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Again your assessment shows you haven't played football. Stop talking about a diver etc you said this was a dive and saying something else now. Stop playing the amla card we know you don't like Salah for obvious reasons.
    Donít give me lectures on football. I know football and I know stuff, and I donít have a bias for or against Salah. I am happy to put my knowledge of football to test against anyone on this forum.

    Anyway, he is an outstanding player and one of the best in the world. However, he is also a diver.

    Actually, the truth is that people are over-defensive of Salah because of ďsomeĒ obvious reasons, which he is why he is becoming the Amla of football. However, unlike Amla, he is actually very, very good and not overhyped by any measure.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 24th April 2019 at 17:36.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,922
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don’t give me lectures on football. I know football and I know stuff, and I don’t have a bias for or against Salah. I am happy to put my knowledge of football to test against anyone on this forum.

    Anyway, he is an outstanding player and one of the best in the world. However, he is also a diver.

    Actually, the truth is that people are over-defensive of Salah because of “some” obvious reasons, which he is why he is becoming the Amla of football. However, unlike Amla, he is actually very, very good and not overhyped by any measure.
    you have already shown enough of your knowledge by coming to the conclusion that he dived the other day. No need to to show more. No one bring amla here since you are obsessed with him thats why you bought it up.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Ah, the good old "you are Pakistani so you don't know football". When this card is used, it is obvious that the person has lost the argument. Yes Salah did dive, he could have held his ground but he took a dive which has been the norm for him this season.

    Anyway, I am not sure why you are in denial. Salah is not the only great player to dive. Ronaldo and Neymar are massive divers, but that hasn't changed the fact that they are great players.

    Yes it is not something that you want to see especially from elite players, but Salah will remain a top player regardless of his diving habit.
    I mentioned Pakistani because you haven't played any type of football in England at any type of decent level and therefore dont understand the game. You have proven this by saying Salah dived lol.

    Let me help you out.

    A dive is when a player drops to the floor without being fouled. A foul is an unfair challenge by a player. Salah was fouled as the defender had his arm around his body. Salah tried to wriggle out of it but as he was unfairly challenged he lost balance and then fell to the floor. Sure he could have tried to stay on his feet but there is no complusion on a player to do so when being unfairly challenged.

    The referee, commentators and pundits all agreed it was a foul.

    Please learn the basics of football and try to play the game which will help you undertand the sport.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  39. #119
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I mentioned Pakistani because you haven't played any type of football in England at any type of decent level and therefore dont understand the game. You have proven this by saying Salah dived lol.

    Let me help you out.

    A dive is when a player drops to the floor without being fouled. A foul is an unfair challenge by a player. Salah was fouled as the defender had his arm around his body. Salah tried to wriggle out of it but as he was unfairly challenged he lost balance and then fell to the floor. Sure he could have tried to stay on his feet but there is no complusion on a player to do so when being unfairly challenged.

    The referee, commentators and pundits all agreed it was a foul.

    Please learn the basics of football and try to play the game which will help you undertand the sport.
    Again, wrong. There is a subtle difference between diving and going down easily - a dive is when a player drops to the ground without any or very little contact, and this often yields them a yellow card if the referee catches them.

    ďGoing down easilyĒ is when a player is getting hacked and fouled and they decide to drop to the ground to exploit the situation. This mostly happens in the box because referees rarely give penalties unless a player goes down.

    Salah was getting fouled against Crystal Palace, but the defender did not force him to fall down. He deliberately went to the ground to win a penalty.

    You can justify it all you want, but it is against the spirit of the game and not something that should be encouraged. The likes of Messi and Hazard have tried to stay on their feet many times when going to the floor would have won them penalties.

    Salah is not only a diver but he also tends to go down easily. Again, not a big deal because a lot of players do that, but there is no reason why Salah should be defended and portrayed as if he is some sort of saint.

    These commentators and pundits that you are using to justify your position are the same people who call Messi the GOAT which you rubbish, so perhaps you should be a little consistent.

    Besides, I donít need football lessons from someone who thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi. I am afraid you are the one who needs to learn the basics of football.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 24th April 2019 at 23:42.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    you have already shown enough of your knowledge by coming to the conclusion that he dived the other day. No need to to show more. No one bring amla here since you are obsessed with him thats why you bought it up.
    Read my last post, it should help you.


  41. #121
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Again, wrong. There is a subtle difference between diving and going down easily - a dive is when a player drops to the ground without any or very little contact, and this often yields them a yellow card if the referee catches them.

    “Going down easily” is when a player is getting hacked and fouled and they decide to drop to the ground to exploit the situation. This mostly happens in the box because referees rarely give penalties unless a player goes down.

    Salah was getting fouled against Crystal Palace, but the defender did not force him to fall down. He deliberately went to the ground to win a penalty.

    You can justify it all you want, but it is against the spirit of the game and not something that should be encouraged. The likes of Messi and Hazard have tried to stay on their feet many times when going to the floor would have won them penalties.

    Salah is not only a diver but he also tends to go down easily. Again, not a big deal because a lot of players do that, but there is no reason why Salah should be defended and portrayed as if he is some sort of saint.

    These commentators and pundits that you are using to justify your position are the same people who call Messi the GOAT which you rubbish, so perhaps you should be a little consistent.

    Besides, I don’t need football lessons from someone who thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi. I am afraid you are the one who needs to learn the basics of football.
    Where did I say Ronaldo is beter than Messi? Please show you're not a liar.

    Salah was playing against Cardiff. If you dont even know what team is out there, there is no hope.

    dive is when a player drops to the ground without any or very little contact, and this often yields them a yellow card if the referee catches them.
    Any unfair contact is a foul.

    Stick to painting pretty pictures, you've never played football and will never undestand it.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  42. #122
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,353
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What kind of question is this? He's obviously world-class, just not the best in the league. Hazard is easily the better player. Comeback when Salah drags Liverpool to two league titles, a league cup and FA cup and then we'll talk about that

    Also this discussion about whether Salah is a diver is a strange one. He dives as much as the next winger. I would definitely say he's a "diver" but the fact that people have some sort of moral high-ground about it is silly, I don't know any elite wingers that don't drop if they need to.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Where did I say Ronaldo is beter than Messi? Please show you're not a liar.

    Salah was playing against Cardiff. If you dont even know what team is out there, there is no hope.



    Any unfair contact is a foul.

    Stick to painting pretty pictures, you've never played football and will never undestand it.
    Sorry my bad, I wrote Crystal Palace because I was talking about them in another conversation with someone else. I have been following football for as long as I have followed cricket, and I know my teams and my players.

    Plus, I donít just watch English football only and follow other leagues as well. Anyway, I am glad you could have a laugh on my expense.

    Not sure why ďstick to painting pretty picturesĒ is going to bug me. I take tremendous pride in my artistic abilities. I would be happy to give you some advice if you are struggling to draw a line.

    ďAny unfair contact is a foulĒ doesnít apply in the penalty box. The defenders have greater margin of error and unless the player drops to the ground, the referees donít give penalties (handballs notwithstanding).

    I think I saw you claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi, but if you are denying that claim, I have no reason to disbelieve you and I will actually apologize for false attribution.

    Something that you failed to do after wrongly accusing me of propagating a fake video against Imran Khan. Nevertheless, I will be the bigger man.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    What kind of question is this? He's obviously world-class, just not the best in the league. Hazard is easily the better player. Comeback when Salah drags Liverpool to two league titles, a league cup and FA cup and then we'll talk about that

    Also this discussion about whether Salah is a diver is a strange one. He dives as much as the next winger. I would definitely say he's a "diver" but the fact that people have some sort of moral high-ground about it is silly, I don't know any elite wingers that don't drop if they need to.
    Hazard is comfortably the best player in the league. People forget how good he is. Somehow, Salah has become Godís gift to the PL after 2 years.

    Hazard is not only a better player but also he is not a cheat either. In addition, he is not the type of player who runs for greener pastures as soon as his team starts to struggle. Someone in his place would have left Chelsea for Madrid years ago, and he even delayed his move from Lille until they agreed on a transfer fee.

    A genuine role model in every sense of the world. Outstanding footballer, respects the spirit of the game and keeps a low profile. Unfortunately there are very few top players like him, if any.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Sorry my bad, I wrote Crystal Palace because I was talking about them in another conversation with someone else. I have been following football for as long as I have followed cricket, and I know my teams and my players.

    Plus, I don’t just watch English football only and follow other leagues as well. Anyway, I am glad you could have a laugh on my expense.

    Not sure why “stick to painting pretty pictures” is going to bug me. I take tremendous pride in my artistic abilities. I would be happy to give you some advice if you are struggling to draw a line.

    “Any unfair contact is a foul” doesn’t apply in the penalty box.
    The defenders have greater margin of error and unless the player drops to the ground, the referees don’t give penalties (handballs notwithstanding).

    I think I saw you claim that Ronaldo is better than Messi, but if you are denying that claim, I have no reason to disbelieve you and I will actually apologize for false attribution.

    Something that you failed to do after wrongly accusing me of propagating a fake video against Imran Khan. Nevertheless, I will be the bigger man.
    I wont apologise to you because you haven't apologised for saying Pakistani school children who may grow up to be terrorists are fair game by Indian bombs.

    Back to the topic. You are wrong, there is no difference in a foul outside the box or inside according to the rules. I can also show you many occasions where Salah hasn't fallen to the floor after being fouled and some of those he continued but failed to score. This is not the hallmark of divers.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  46. #126
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I wont apologise to you because you haven't apologised for saying Pakistani school children who may grow up to be terrorists are fair game by Indian bombs.

    Back to the topic. You are wrong, there is no difference in a foul outside the box or inside according to the rules. I can also show you many occasions where Salah hasn't fallen to the floor after being fouled and some of those he continued but failed to score. This is not the hallmark of divers.
    You took my post out of context. However, this isnít the place for that debate. You are happy to believe what you want.

    No, there is a difference in a foul inside the box or anywhere else on the pitch. Outside the box, the referees often give a mere shrug or a push as foul, but they rarely do that in the box unless the player drops to the ground.

    Besides, not every diver dives all the time. Even Neymar and Ronaldo donít go the ground whenever a defender touches them. However, they do with a high frequency and so does Salah.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You took my post out of context. However, this isn’t the place for that debate. You are happy to believe what you want.

    No, there is a difference in a foul inside the box or anywhere else on the pitch. Outside the box, the referees often give a mere shrug or a push as foul, but they rarely do that in the box unless the player drops to the ground.

    Besides, not every diver dives all the time. Even Neymar and Ronaldo don’t go the ground whenever a defender touches them. However, they do with a high frequency and so does Salah.
    No qualified referee would agree with you. Can you show me where in the rules it says this?

    Messi is a bigger diver than most players in the world. Salah is not a frequent diver, this is false. We will agree to disagree as niether you or I have stats to back this up.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  48. #128
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    78,802
    Mentioned
    5349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    No qualified referee would agree with you. Can you show me where in the rules it says this?

    Messi is a bigger diver than most players in the world. Salah is not a frequent diver, this is false. We will agree to disagree as niether you or I have stats to back this up.
    It is not about what the rules say but how the rules are implemented. Unless a defenders brings a player to the ground, referees rarely give penalties.

    How many instances do you recall where a mere push was enough to give a penalty even when the fouled player stood his ground?

    I actually feel that one way of minimizing diving and players going down easily is for referees to give penalties whenever a foul is committed and not wait for the player to fall to the ground before blowing the whistle.

    You are probably the one person to accuse Messi of being a diver, but if you want to agree to disagree, I have no issues with that.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    32,623
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is not about what the rules say but how the rules are implemented. Unless a defenders brings a player to the ground, referees rarely give penalties.

    How many instances do you recall where a mere push was enough to give a penalty even when the fouled player stood his ground?

    I actually feel that one way of minimizing diving and players going down easily is for referees to give penalties whenever a foul is committed and not wait for the player to fall to the ground before blowing the whistle.

    You are probably the one person to accuse Messi of being a diver, but if you want to agree to disagree, I have no issues with that.
    Dude Ive spoken to refs who ref at a high level. They are told to the follow the rules whether the foul is in or outside the box. Sure some under pressure wont easily give fouls in the box but this is their mistake and nothing to do with the rule or how a penalty should be given.

    As for Messi. Some of these are joke



    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  50. #130
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,353
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Hazard is comfortably the best player in the league. People forget how good he is. Somehow, Salah has become God’s gift to the PL after 2 years.

    Hazard is not only a better player but also he is not a cheat either. In addition, he is not the type of player who runs for greener pastures as soon as his team starts to struggle. Someone in his place would have left Chelsea for Madrid years ago, and he even delayed his move from Lille until they agreed on a transfer fee.

    A genuine role model in every sense of the world. Outstanding footballer, respects the spirit of the game and keeps a low profile. Unfortunately there are very few top players like him, if any.
    Very much agree. He's a class act, when Courtois went on strike shamelessly and left for Real Madrid, kissing the badge on the first day there, Hazard stayed and made sure that he gave his all and upped his performance for the coming season.

    He has always said that he won't force a move away from Chelsea, as he's grateful for what the club has done for him with regards to his family, not to mention the fact that he loves the club truly unlike other top players we've had in the last 5 years such as Courtois and Costa. He's also a great leader for his national team and at the WC he really did Belgium proud, unlike KDB and Lukaku, he actually performed very well in that massive game vs France.

    Sadly you're not wrong with your last point. When the game is filled with idiots like Neymar and Ronaldo who seem to have no shame on and off the pitch, you really start to appreciate the likes of Hazard and Messi who actually use their power to influence in a positive way and are genuine role models for kids.

    It's nice to see Sterling represent England so well as a role model for kids everywhere with his kind gestures and his mature response racism. Unfortunately you'll also see it go the other way, look at Mbappe for instance, only took a year for him to start diving shamelessly just like his partner in crime on the LW...

    Also it's funny reading all the comments from the Liverpool fans in this thread personally attacking you for truthfully calling out Salah for his actions. Honestly I haven't seen a fan-base more insecure and toxic in my life.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  52. #132
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    30,341
    Mentioned
    1398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •