Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Spot on and this is lost on some posters here who seem to think those that are stating this are anti-Karachi, which is a pathetic assumption.
    Honesty that really annoys me. Non of us are anti Karachi, the main reason we are all raising these concerns is because we want Pakistan to succeed. No one has anything against Karachi.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    Honesty that really annoys me. Non of us are anti Karachi, the main reason we are all raising these concerns is because we want Pakistan to succeed. No one has anything against Karachi.
    well-said, but some seem to be a little bit touchy about any constructive criticism.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shujaatraza View Post
    I went on Sunday and the process is still the same but time has reduced.. it took me 45 minutes to clear all the process.. VIP enclosures are surely not sold out for all the matches.. the stands right next to big scorecard where they have places chairs.. nobody wants to pay 6000 for those chairs.. VIP enclosures next to dressing room are always filled though.
    Dude those were 15,000 for PSL and all sold out. It was packed

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Sethi has said there won't be such inconveniences next time around.

Quit complaining about everything.

Crowd was fantastic. The series served its purpose. Well done to all involved.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well done Karachites good turnout in the end. Now up to Karachi politicans to produce a stadium, looks a complete shambles. Even Gaddafi stadium looks horrific with that rusty roof.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Well done Karachites good turnout in the end. Now up to Karachi politicans to produce a stadium, looks a complete shambles. Even Gaddafi stadium looks horrific with that rusty roof.
    Steady on, you might hurt the feelings of some sensitive souls.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Dude exact same story with me today.

I was offered tickets for free but decided not to go.

You go to spot A which is 20 mins from stadium. Stand in line for 45 mins and get checked before getting on shuttle. Then you reach a place 5 mins or so from stadium and go through security check again.
    Finally you go towards stadium and stand in line for 1-2 hours before getting in stadium. Then another line to get in enclosure

Went for PSL final. Match was at 8. Left house at 130pm to go through all this. Aane to top it off you have to be in stadium by 5pm so you sit in the stands in that garmi for a couple of hours literally doing nothing
    It's not as troublesome anymore. You just got unlucky lol

My friend, who barely watches cricket, went to the match today and passed through all security etc etc within an hour. He would never have gone if it'd taken him as long as it took you.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi has the history of not filing up the stadium.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anger? lol, it makes no difference to me whether it's a full stadium or empty stadium

The point I and others are making and which seems loston some here is that youhave 2 totally empty stands due to incompetence and poor planning - no other reasons.
    And the point I'm making is that the 2 totally empty stands has no bearing on incompetence because the rest of the stands weren't full either hence the argument doesn't hold. PCB can't force people to come to the ground to watch cricket. You have a 35k capacity stadium but if only 20k wants to come to the match, then how is that PCBs incompetence unless you want ticket prices to be reduced considerably?

Also if it's incompetence, I would like to hear your views on how this incompetence could've been done away with. If its regarding the ticket prices, I can agree with you. But if it's regarding the fact that people have to walk kilometers just to get to the stadium, then this is not under PCB's control. The security agencies plan this. If this was PCBs doing, then why didn't we have the same issues in Lahore? Every city has their own security arrangements.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the match yesterday!It was a great atmosphere.

I cleared all the security inside one hour.

The stadium needs to be renovated and I think they will start now that the matches are done.

Excellence should not be an act,it should be a habit.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The security may be overbearing but its understandable the authorities don't want to take any chances. With the passage of time and more confidence in our hosting abilities these measures can be eased.

The main thing is our two premier venues have now successfully staged international cricket. Hopefully we can stop these baby T20 series and start hosting full series against likes of South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, West Indies, Afghanistan and Zimbabwe. The others will be difficult to attract and we can host them in UAE instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Anyone here was there at the 2004 Samsung Cup opener in Karachi? What nostalgia!

Has there been a better crowd reaction to losing a game against your arch enemies? Maybe Chennai in 1999, but that was a truly special occasion.

It is slightly disappointing that the same stadium didn't fill out today.
    Wish I was there - still get goosebumps thinking about that match despite losing. It wasn't only the drama and tension of the match but the incredible atmosphere.

Will never forget Sehwag destroying our pacers, Yousuf's two inside out sixes against Kumble, Inzamam playing a champion's knock, Razzaq hitting the ball onto the roof of NSK, Kaif's catch and the irony of us needing a last ball six with Miandad as our coach looking on.

Was an emotional moment to see Karachi crowd clap the Indians off to reciprocate the Chennai crowd five years earlier.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    And the point I'm making is that the 2 totally empty stands has no bearing on incompetence because the rest of the stands weren't full either hence the argument doesn't hold.
    ok let's make this a bit more simple then. What in your mind are the reasons for the 2 empty stands then?

Also if it's incompetence, I would like to hear your views on how this incompetence could've been done away with
    Like many have said in this thread - by simply having the NSK fully ready and fit for purpose.
    Last edited by Saj; 5th April 2018 at 03:34.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok let's make this a bit more simple then. What in your mind are the reasons for the 2 empty stands then?

Like many have said in this thread - by simply having the NSK fully ready and fit for purpose.

The PCB is in a better position to explain that rather than me and you speculating on this and passing our opinion off as fact. But:

Firstly, if the stands were empty because they were under renovation then I don't know why is there even discussion on this. It's under renovation. Simple. Many stands around the world are closed when under renovation. It's no big deal. The Adelaide ground hosts one test and one ODI per year. They had almost 11 months to renovate but a part of it was still closed by the time next year the Test match came around. I suppose CA is highly incompetent. We don't need to make this about 9 years of without international cricket and we don't have a fully functional stadium. PCB can't dole out money to repair a stadium when you know no cricket is going to be played there for the immediate future. Would you buy a car if you know you are not going to use it for the next 5 years?

Secondly, if it was a VIP stand and despite the tickets being a sellout as per PCB's claim, the VIPs didn't come to the ground, then again PCB is not at fault. It's not PCBs responsibility to drag people and get them to the ground.

Thirdly, if people didn't buy those tickets because they were pricey, then I've said it previously as well that I can agree with you on this that the prices could've been lowered.

And lastly, my whole point is that the other stands weren't exactly full to capacity either. Is this PCBs incompetence that people don't want to come to watch the match?
    Last edited by hadi123; 5th April 2018 at 17:13.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Steady on, you might hurt the feelings of some sensitive souls.
    Would also help if you and the poster would know that politicians literally having nothing to do with the stadium

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    well-said, but some seem to be a little bit touchy about any constructive criticism.
    who are these some people who are sensitive abt karachi being criticized in this thread? Name and shame em...

#MPGA

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes in the PSL final it was pkr 12000 and people realised that its not VIP at all because no add on services were provided .. so in Windies matches people never bought tickets for those stands even for pkr 5000 and hence they remained empty.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    According to some reports, the PCB made a total of $1.3 million in Ticket sales from the PSL in the UAE. In Lahore they made around $1.2-1.3 million in Ticket sales per game in Lahore and made $2.4 million in Ticket sales in Karachi for the PSL final.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    The PCB is in a better position to explain that rather than me and you speculating on this and passing our opinion off as fact. But:

Firstly, if the stands were empty because they were under renovation then I don't know why is there even discussion on this. It's under renovation. Simple. Many stands around the world are closed when under renovation. It's no big deal. The Adelaide ground hosts one test and one ODI per year. They had almost 11 months to renovate but a part of it was still closed by the time next year the Test match came around. I suppose CA is highly incompetent. We don't need to make this about 9 years of without international cricket and we don't have a fully functional stadium. PCB can't dole out money to repair a stadium when you know no cricket is going to be played there for the immediate future. Would you buy a car if you know you are not going to use it for the next 5 years?

Secondly, if it was a VIP stand and despite the tickets being a sellout as per PCB's claim, the VIPs didn't come to the ground, then again PCB is not at fault. It's not PCBs responsibility to drag people and get them to the ground.

Thirdly, if people didn't buy those tickets because they were pricey, then I've said it previously as well that I can agree with you on this that the prices could've been lowered.

And lastly, my whole point is that the other stands weren't exactly full to capacity either. Is this PCBs incompetence that people don't want to come to watch the match?
    1. The stadium should have been fully ready for such an important series. No excuse at all for 2 full empty stands.

2. VIP stand is irrelevant in this discussion - no idea why you are bringing that up.

3. The vast majority of the ground was full - apart from the totally empty stands which looked awful.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    who are these some people who are sensitive abt karachi being criticized in this thread? Name and shame em...
    You just have to read the thread

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full 🏠 today. Great for our youngsters playing in front of a full 🏠 in high pressure games. Great financially and hope money is spent on renovation of stadiums for full PSL in Pakistan next year. Will there be a full house in remaining matches or just Karachi matches and play offs?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi crowd was great fun and energetic and a lot of beautiful fans in the stadium today too very well done guys you have represented Karachi and Pakistan very well and more importantly your home team picked up a very important win.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think today’s crowd was the best we’ve had since the start of the PSL in 2016.

The atmosphere looked electric and the crowd was fully behind the home team.

We could have crowds like this in every match if the one day the entire PSL is played in Pakistan in a home and away basis.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Karachi crowd deserved that game, incredible scenes

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I think the crowd proved that not only should the entire PSL come back to Pakistan, but the PCB should shift international cricket back to Pakistan including all our home series.

The country of Pakistan is ready to host Cricket again

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I think the crowd proved that not only should the entire PSL come back to Pakistan, but the PCB should shift international cricket back to Pakistan including all our home series.

The country of Pakistan is ready to host Cricket again
    Oh man that would be amazing. The conditions are much better than before, I think security would be good and we can host the full PSL at home. I would use psl at test for moving international cricket home, because we have less foreigners in pak we can more easily get used to creating safe venues, transportation, and handling all the other details much easier. Once we can hold a few seasons of Psl comfortably with fool proof security, and logistics the. we should start holding International cricket at home. I wouldn't want to risk another unfortunate event and getting set back another 10 years

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson
    Proud Green Blooded Pakistani

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ground was jam packed today.
    Even in enclosures where there were seats,even the stairs specifically for walking were packed.
    And the atmosphere was electric to say the least.Fans were bringing the roof down on mere dot balls.

Arrangements were pretty great too and considering the fact that they have to ensure security it still didnt take a lot of time.
    And the match was awesome to say the least.
    All in all a perfect day for cricket fans in Karachi.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The entire PSL has to return to Pakistan, no doubt about it.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine when Zalmi will be playing its home game at Peshawar, people will using all king of contacts and sifarish to get the ticket. All games will be sold out similar in other city, Lahore, Multan, Islamabad and Quetta.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone hear the roar of a fighter jet in Quetta's innings. Roussouw was holding his heart...

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhasan View Post
    Did anyone hear the roar of a fighter jet in Quetta's innings. Roussouw was holding his heart...
    Yeah lol

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please share a video.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that explains the sound lol

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don;t worry they were IAF jets, they are harmless , just looking for cup of Tapal Tea.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Doesn't matter, the PAF would have shot it down, the IAF is as good as their PM and nation

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, people behind me in the stands were joking it was an IAF jet throwing a bomb.

How funny.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The atmosphere was electric. As expected, the crowd supported KK, but every big shot by QG was also cheered on

The crowd was great, but there are always some idiots. Some people were throwing empty plastic bottles in the air.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, security was relaxed compared to last year's final.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi's crowd has always been excellent. They create the best atmosphere in the country.

However 8 matches in Karachi, that too back to back is an overkill. We would find dwindling attendances from now on, especially the 2 o clock matches.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not expecting a big crowd for Lahore vs Multan. This match was shifted from Lahore, so it's real last minute. Also can't expect Karachiites to turn up in the heat, on a Monday, to watch a neutral, dead rubber game between the two bottom of the table sides.

Karachi vs Peshawar is going to be sold out for sure though.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    Karachi's crowd has always been excellent. They create the best atmosphere in the country.

However 8 matches in Karachi, that too back to back is an overkill. We would find dwindling attendances from now on, especially the 2 o clock matches.
    I think only today's game will be 2'oclock. The other group game is Karachi vs Peshawar, surely a sellout. The rest of the games are knockouts, so I would expect a great crowd for those.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummii View Post
    Yeah lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    Please share a video.
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Ah that explains the sound lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Yes, people behind me in the stands were joking it was an IAF jet throwing a bomb.

How funny.

When was this? In what over?

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Not expecting a big crowd for Lahore vs Multan. This match was shifted from Lahore, so it's real last minute. Also can't expect Karachiites to turn up in the heat, on a Monday, to watch a neutral, dead rubber game between the two bottom of the table sides.

Karachi vs Peshawar is going to be sold out for sure though.
    The same ticket will be valid for Lahore vs Multan which was bought for Peshawar vs Karachi.No new tickets were sold.So the same crowd will be there from morning till night.Whether they would want to come for the first match is a different matter though considering that its a working day and a dead rubber.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  PSL_Crowd_11_Mar_2019_1.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  33.5 KB
    Name:  PSL_Crowd_11_Mar_2019_2.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  98.1 KB
    Name:  PSL_Crowd_11_Mar_2019_3.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  115.5 KB

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  PSL_NSK_11_Mar_2019_1.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  49.1 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    685 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Amazing crowd.

Energetic too.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi crowd

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exceptional crowd. Can’t wait for games to be played fully in Pak In future

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I repeat, the PSL has to be played in Pakistan from now on.

Forget playing matches in UAE.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Karachi has the best crowd followed by Peshawar. Brings back some nice memories.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This requires all the franchises to have their own local stadiums ready. Can the PCB achieve this for the Arbab Niaz Stadium in Peshawar, Rawalpindi Stadium, Islamabad Stadium, Multan Stadium, Rafi Stadium in Bahria Town Karachi, Defence Stadium in Karachi, Ayub Stadium in Quetta? These projects will require big financial injections of Rs 10 billion atleast and the PCB will have to start now on a war footing to get these stadiums up and running for PSL 5

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This requires all the franchises to have their own local stadiums ready. Can the PCB achieve this for the Arbab Niaz Stadium in Peshawar, Rawalpindi Stadium, Islamabad Stadium, Multan Stadium, Rafi Stadium in Bahria Town Karachi, Defence Stadium in Karachi, Ayub Stadium in Quetta? These projects will require big financial injections of Rs 10 billion atleast and the PCB will have to start now on a war footing to get these stadiums up and running for PSL 5
    Will take them at least 10 years.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    442 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They just need to upgrade and renovate 4 more stadiums for Islamabad, Quetta, Peshawar, and Multan. The Lahore one needs some renovating too if you ask me but let's renovate the ones that really need it so every franchise can have a home ground. It can be done in a year but this is Pakistan.

Can't believe they did nothing in the past decade when they had all the time in the world to renovate these stadiums.
    Last edited by QalandarFan; 12th March 2019 at 05:17.

IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    They just need to upgrade and renovate 4 more stadiums for Islamabad, Quetta, Peshawar, and Multan. The Lahore one needs some renovating too if you ask me but let's renovate the ones that really need it so every franchise can have a home ground. It can be done in a year but this is Pakistan.

Can't believe they did nothing in the past decade when they had all the time in the world to renovate these stadiums.
    Do you actually think they're going to be games played in Quetta? Don't see that happening for at least another 10-15 years.

Peshawar, maybe, even then don't see that in the near future.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wont happen in the near future, stadium renovation takes time. Give it 5 years.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiblePakFan View Post
    Wont happen in the near future, stadium renovation takes time. Give it 5 years.
    Whole PSL can be played in 4 venues. 2 are ready (national stadium Karachi and Gaddafi stadium Lahore) and other 2 can be Multan cricket stadium and Rawalpindi cricket stadium. Just like 4 venues in UAE

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Whole PSL can be played in 4 venues. 2 are ready (national stadium Karachi and Gaddafi stadium Lahore) and other 2 can be Multan cricket stadium and Rawalpindi cricket stadium. Just like 4 venues in UAE
    Pindi still needs some work done to it, and I dont think Multan has a 5 star hotel, although thats not as big of an issue. And security needs to be more streamlined in the sense that roads cant be closed 24/7.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

We went through this last year too, Saj. Won't happen so soon. Maybe another PSL in the UAE and the latter stages in Pakistan.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd was impressive once again. Where are those people who were asking to strip the hosting rights of Karachi.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Next PSL absolutely must be fully played in Pakistan, enough with the UAE leg. They can at max give 2-3 of Peshawar's games to the UAE, but no more. PCB need to get Multan and Rawalpindi stadiums ready for the next PSL, it shouldn't be too difficult ... Karachi took 1.5 years with all the delays, if they can get more reliable contractors, then getting both those stadiums ready within a year isn't such a big ask. If they can do that, they can host the PSL in Pakistan on a home and away basis, with Quetta and Peshawar hosting in Karachi and Rawalpindi respectively.

They should also set a target to upgrade more stadiums and accommodation within the next 4 years. These should include Iqbal Stadium Faisalabad, Arbab Niaz Stadium Peshawar, Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, Abbottabad Cricket Stadium, Ayub National Stadium Quetta. Beyond that, other cities like Gujranwala, Sialkot, etc deserve their stadiums upgraded too. PCB should also think about upgrading stadiums in Mirpur (AJK), Muzaffarabad, and somewhere in Giglit or Skardu, these can serve as stadiums to promote Pakistani tourism, and could even be used as test grounds in the future. Within the next 10 years, PCB also need to think about building two much larger stadiums in Karachi (doesn't look like Bahria Town will happen) and Lahore. Islamabad and Gwadar also need brand new stadiums.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    We went through this last year too, Saj. Won't happen so soon. Maybe another PSL in the UAE and the latter stages in Pakistan.
    I think they should look tohave half the matches in Pakistan next year.

Playing the matches in UAE is a massive financial burden too.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think they should look tohave half the matches in Pakistan next year.

Playing the matches in UAE is a massive financial burden too.
    Might as well try to play in England as UAE has been nothing short of a downer whenever we play. I find the matches there utterly boring and uninspiring.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Next PSL absolutely must be fully played in Pakistan, enough with the UAE leg. They can at max give 2-3 of Peshawar's games to the UAE, but no more. PCB need to get Multan and Rawalpindi stadiums ready for the next PSL, it shouldn't be too difficult ... Karachi took 1.5 years with all the delays, if they can get more reliable contractors, then getting both those stadiums ready within a year isn't such a big ask. If they can do that, they can host the PSL in Pakistan on a home and away basis, with Quetta and Peshawar hosting in Karachi and Rawalpindi respectively.

They should also set a target to upgrade more stadiums and accommodation within the next 4 years. These should include Iqbal Stadium Faisalabad, Arbab Niaz Stadium Peshawar, Niaz Stadium Hyderabad, Abbottabad Cricket Stadium, Ayub National Stadium Quetta. Beyond that, other cities like Gujranwala, Sialkot, etc deserve their stadiums upgraded too. PCB should also think about upgrading stadiums in Mirpur (AJK), Muzaffarabad, and somewhere in Giglit or Skardu, these can serve as stadiums to promote Pakistani tourism, and could even be used as test grounds in the future. Within the next 10 years, PCB also need to think about building two much larger stadiums in Karachi (doesn't look like Bahria Town will happen) and Lahore. Islamabad and Gwadar also need brand new stadiums.
    Quetta still gets incidents now and then, esp last few weeks. There is no way it would be safe to host anything there.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    The city of lights has lit up with HBL PSL

• “I have not seen such scenes before and enjoyed the moment to the hilt,” says Colin Ingram

• “When you walk up to the wicket, there are so many people who love the game as I do and that’s very special,” says Shane Watson

Karachi, 14 March 2019:

The official capacity of the National Stadium is around 32,400. Since the Pakistan-leg matches of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2019 have moved to Karachi, the glamorous city of lights, five matches have been played and each match has seen almost a full-house. Same is the story for the remaining three matches, including the 17 March final (Eliminator 2, 15 March and Final sold-out).

What a great story it is for the game, a proud nation and the league, which has become one of the most followed leagues in the world in a very short span of time.

The Pakistan-leg matches started on Saturday and even on working days of Monday and Wednesday, people thronged the stadium and created a buzz which has matched last year’s final in the city of the Father of the Nation.

The Government of Sindh had declared the HBL PSL days as “Festival of cricket” and as soon as the teams started to descend on the city from March 6, the festival began. All the teams have been warmly greeted and well looked after, something which has been acknowledged, applauded and appreciated by all the players.

“I love cricket”, was the theme of these matches with walls and hoardings spreading the message throughout the nook and corner of the city. Life size cut-outs of most of the famous cricketers from all six teams adorned the city, leading up to the National Stadium.

The refurbished National Stadium stands have given a wonderful look with some parts filled with the supporters of one team and the other with the rival teams, supporters have chanted slogans to back their players and teams all in an incredibly friendly manner.

The spectators, dressed in all sorts of stunning and attractive attires, have been dancing to the rocking music tunes and enjoying to the core, and time and again reflecting their love for cricket, peace, solidarity and one sport one nation philosophy.

“I am hugely impressed with the changes at the National Stadium,” PCB Managing Director Wasim Khan said, adding: “The fans are symbolic of the vibrancy and passion of the real Pakistan - they are the lifeblood of the game. They have turned up in their thousands from all over the country, to support their teams. There is no clearer message to the world with regards to what the HBL PSL and cricket in general means to the nation.”

“This is highly enjoyable,” said Sameena Ahmed, a student of near-by Economics College who had come with her parents. “I went to see Shahid Afridi’s match and had a lifetime experience when he came close to our stand and I got a selfie with him. These are wonderful moments of our lives as cricket has come back to our city in a big way.”

When action began on Saturday evening, the crowd at the National Stadium was at its feet and got their money’s worth when South Africa’s Cameroon Delport hit the second century of the season four off just 49 balls. The local boy Asif Ali further enthralled the crowd with a quickfire 17-ball half-century during his knock of 55 not out laced with half a dozen sixes.

The buzz on Sunday was even more enchanting as local team Karachi Kings outlasted Quetta Gladiators by one-run in a last-ball thriller.

Fans were on the edges of their seats, chanting “Karachi, Karachi” in a cacophony with high-pitch music creating an atmosphere which people had not witnessed for years.

It reached a crescendo when fast bowler Usman Shinwari defended three off the last ball. Home team's one-run-win was celebrated throughout the city as if they had won the league.

All the 43 foreign players who are in Karachi were amazed, if not spellbound.

“It was amazing,” said Karachi's vice-captain Colin Ingram. “I have not seen such scenes before and enjoyed the moment to the hilt.”

Australia’s all-rounder Shane Watson must have realized what he had missed by not coming to Pakistan for the last two HBL PSL seasons in 2017 and 2018. This time around, he changed his mind and admitted he was caught up in the love of the game.

“It’s very special to be here,” said Watson. “I am really caught up in the love of the game of cricket. That is as simple as it is. When you walk up to the wicket, there are so many people who love the game as I do and that’s very special.

“It’s incredibly special to be able to play in front of incredible atmosphere and fans. There is no question since I arrived in Karachi, I am enjoying. The people of Pakistan are warm and welcoming as I have experienced them whether they are in Australia or anywhere in the world.

“To be able to play in this atmosphere is great and I would always cherish the opportunity.”

Despite being a working day, Monday saw almost a full-house at the National Stadium. Naturally, because Pakistan’s most popular cricketer Shahid Afridi was in action. It was the only match Shahid featured in as his team bowed out in the first round. The stadium was filled to capacity in the second game on the double-header Monday as Kamran Akmal’s 86 inspired Peshawar Zalmi to a 61-run win over the Kings.

Wednesday saw the Qualifier and no wonder the stadium was filled to capacity, an hour before the start of the match.

Quetta’s opener Watson gave crowd moments to savour with his lusty hitting during his match-winning knock of 71. The crowd responded to the call of the announcer as he called, “Shane” and the crowd followed it with the chants of “Watson”.

Fans were on the beck and call of the announcer as they opened the torches of their mobile and moved it as per the orders, a routine sight every day.

It will be a double joy for the fans on Thursday when local team Karachi takes on defending champions Islamabad United in Eliminator 1. The local support is likely to inspire the Karachi team and if they win, the home fans will have another party come Friday when Peshawar Zalmi will be their next opponents.

The climax is expected on Sunday, the day when the champions of the HBL PSL 2019 will be decided in the final. Tickets are already sold-out as a royal battle is expected.

Whoever wins the HBP PSL 2019, the winner remains Pakistan cricket, the fans and the nation.

Name:  IMG-20190314-WA0036.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  197.5 KBName:  IMG-20190314-WA0035.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  250.4 KBName:  IMG-20190314-WA0038.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  176.2 KBName:  IMG-20190314-WA0037.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  249.6 KB

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Quetta still gets incidents now and then, esp last few weeks. There is no way it would be safe to host anything there.
    I'm aware of that, but I think they should at least maintain the stadium there at a minimum standard and play domestic cricket there, so that they are ready to host whenever the oppurtunity arises.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When action will begin, both the teams will have support as they are equally popular among the crowd. While Peshawar’s yellow dominates the stands to create a “yellow storm”, Quetta's purple is bright and attracts its fans.

“The crowds have been electric,” said Sammy. “It shows that this part of the world has been starved of the excitement of the fans. All the players have enjoyed this atmosphere and come Sunday, I hope they come in our shirts to create another yellow storm.

“The atmosphere here is the best I have ever played in.”

Quetta skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed echoed the same sentiments.

“The crowds in Karachi have been excellent and they have supported every team,” said Sarfaraz. “The winner is Pakistan cricket and all of us are because of it. So, this final is also about our fans and about our cricket.”

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1808 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels bad for Imam... Doesn't matter if you are p@rchi or not, whole stadium shouldn't be calling you P@rchi. It's on you Mr. Selector/ mammu (Inzimam)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Brilliant crowds for the Karachi leg of the PSL - made the UAE leg of the tournament seem like a horrible dream.

I hate the UAE leg of the PSL - stadiums full of freeloaders and attention-seekers and hardly any atmosphere.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant crowds for the Karachi leg of the PSL - made the UAE leg of the tournament seem like a horrible dream.

I hate the UAE leg of the PSL - stadiums full of freeloaders and attention-seekers and hardly any atmosphere.
    The matches/crowds in Sharjah and Abu Dhabi were still much better than the Dubai games. Not sure why Dubai gets so many games...

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190317/be1715f06a99bbcc118e9c279374db37.jpg[/IMG
    ]

Last edited by MenInG; 18th March 2019 at 17:48.

This signature is a result of a certain takneeki kharabi.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Credit should go to the security officials who worked tirelessly to make all of this happen.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wish i was there. The stadium is 5 min drive from where my family lives in karachi

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wait, what heck was Puyol doing there?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 crowd with that noise was superb,, easily the best crowd in Pakistan.