Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National Stadium Karachi: Crowd Watch

Was surprising to see the crowd wasn't packed today when you consider it was the first international match in Karachi since 2009. Even despite the weak team WI sent, I expected more people.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was in the Stadium. Yes there were two enclosures almost empty in the Stadium. I was surprised though because it was told that tickets of all three matches have been sold out.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Overpriced tickets I'm guessing.

Can anyone tell me the prices here?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bad marketing by PCB. I think 10k-15k tickets are too high priced for some stands esp for these games. Also it's a well established fact that crowd in Karachi is always disappointing. You can't have a jam packed stadium just a week after PSL final in Karachi. Crowd in Lahore is always better.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also Karachi security team needs to make sure distance is less between parking and stadium. These things will take time as cricket is resuming in Karachi. Lahore had better atrangments though that's why stadiums were jam packed for eliminators.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    Bad marketing by PCB. I think 10k-15k tickets are too high priced for some stands esp for these games. Also it's a well established fact that crowd in Karachi is always disappointing. You can't have a jam packed stadium just a week after PSL final in Karachi. Crowd in Lahore is always better.
    That's why Faf was surprised not to see a full house at Lahore for world XI matches?

Karachi has the best crowd in all of Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also Karachi security team needs to make sure distance is less between parking and stadium. These things will take time as cricket is resuming in Karachi. Lahore had better atrangments though that's why stadiums were jam packed for eliminators.
    What are you talking about? The PSL Eliminators were no where close to a full house.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd April 2018 at 02:07.

Mein inko rolaonga

NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Max price for tickets for this series was 5000,those were the empty stands.I've heard that a lot of those tickets were offered as complimentary.One guy I know was offered those tickets and sat in that enclosure.Guess people weren't that bothered to miss something they got for free anyway!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Max price for tickets for this series was 5000,those were the empty stands.I've heard that a lot of those tickets were offered as complimentary.One guy I know was offered those tickets and sat in that enclosure.Guess people weren't that bothered to miss something they got for free anyway!
    Quite a few corporates bought tickets and gave tickets to their employees for three matches and hence many didn't show up

Also I believe a stand was closed for work

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In PSL final ppl leaving at 12 am reached home at 2:00 am, and tomorrow is a working day another factor to take in.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Runner Up View Post
    I was in the Stadium. Yes there were two enclosures almost empty in the Stadium. I was surprised though because it was told that tickets of all three matches have been sold out.
    tickets for those 2 enclosures weren't sold even in the PSL final because they are under construction..NS said before PSL Final

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deewana View Post
    tickets for those 2 enclosures weren't sold even in the PSL final because they are under construction..NS said before PSL Final
    No they were sold and packed with spectators.Actually the one enclosure behind the scoreboard was not sold in the PSL final,nor today

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pak's just have a habitual downing habit of looking at the negatives in every situation. No wonder we always lag behind compared to the Indians, Jews, Agha Khani's etc.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    News reports were saying all tickets were sold out so it was weird to see two entire sections empty.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crowd were great. They started singing the national anthem after the tannoy broke down

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 VIPstands where ticket prices were pkr 5000 were completely empty and rightly so..nothing VIP was being provided.. better to take the decorations chairs off and make them general for pkr 500/-

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the expensive and corporate stands were not filled, the rest of the stadium looked packed.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to change the pricing model. Rs. 2500 for most expensive stand. I feel the PCB needs to get more lower middle class people to come to matches as they're usually the most passionate fans and comprise majority of the fan base.

Nahi hua us se chase

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Need to change the pricing model. Rs. 2500 for most expensive stand. I feel the PCB needs to get more lower middle class people to come to matches as they're usually the most passionate fans and comprise majority of the fan base.
    ticket pricing isnt an issue

they were sold out anyway

#MPGA

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In an ideal world, in both India and Pakistan, all tickets would be made available online, with admissions reserved for folks holding a valid online ticket and a photo ID to go with it.

However...

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    500, 1000, 2000, 5000
    The 5000 ones were empty

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Was surprising to see the crowd wasn't packed today when you consider it was the first international match in Karachi since 2009. Even despite the weak team WI sent, I expected more people.
    The stadium was sold out. Only the section with the white cloth was empty at the start but if you watched the match till the end, even tha twas largely filled.

Tickets were all sold out, I think the white section is VIP or restricted due to construction.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that they weren't, thousands of tickets were returned to the pcb for the eliminators in Lahore.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If the stadium doesn't get packed take away matches from Karachi. Looks like we underestimated how poor people are in Pakistan. How pathetic is it a country of 200 million can't fill up a 34,000 seater stadium.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clearly lack of interest.

Rlaely it deson’t mttaer waht I wirte you’ll sitll uanrtednsnd it

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Some people havn't seen international cricket for 10 years. Looks like people can't afford a cricket match ticket.
    It's barely an international game though, west indies barely have any recognisable players.

"People don't make good Anchors. They change. The people here are going to change."

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All tickets were sold out and the stadium is around 85% full on a Monday.What more do people want?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Incredible that some of the stands were not ready in time for this series.

The PCB should have gone out of its way to ensure the entire stadium was fully prepared for these 3 matches.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some stands are under repair.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    People need to relax. If this was a Pak India match, I guarantee you people would be on the roof tops

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Some stands are under repair.
    They should have been repaired ahead of the series.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    They should have been repaired ahead of the series.
    The PCB started work on National Stadium in Aug-Sept 2017. They were definitely under time constraints and did the best they could

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    People need to relax. If this was a Pak India match, I guarantee you people would be on the roof tops
    9 years no international cricket and the stadium isn't full - that's a huge surprise.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd blew off the roof in the last over in support of babar. It was an excellent moment. And to think it wasn't his home town was equally impressive.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Some people havn't seen international cricket for 10 years. Looks like people can't afford a cricket match ticket.
    All the tickets were sold out, so don't think ticket price was an issue. Like others pointed out , some stands are empty because of construction

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 years no international cricket and the stadium isn't full - that's a huge surprise.
    Some people will always moan and complain.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJamil View Post
    Some people will always moan and complain.
    Not moaning or complaining, stating a fact. Sorry if it hurts you.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why so much obsession with the crowd? We all know the stadium is under construction etc...

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    Why so much obsession with the crowd? We all know the stadium is under construction etc...
    I don't think anyone is obsessed at all. What people are saying is that it's disappointing not seeing a stadium that was fully ready for these matches, despite the PCB saying that the NSK would be ready. Especially given that the matches are being held in Karachi after 9 years.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not moaning or complaining, stating a fact. Sorry if it hurts you.
    Nah, dont need to be sorry. This isn't an ideal world where you would get 100% crowd all the time. Its a weekday just understand that. As for stadium not being ready. PCB tried couldn't pull it off despite FWO working for them and as far as i remember pcb said it in advance that it would be a difficult to get it ready by 25 march deadline.

Don't correlate 9 years with stadium preparation.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here was there at the 2004 Samsung Cup opener in Karachi? What nostalgia!

Has there been a better crowd reaction to losing a game against your arch enemies? Maybe Chennai in 1999, but that was a truly special occasion.

It is slightly disappointing that the same stadium didn't fill out today.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't know the circumstance. Perhaps there is more to it than a simple lack of public interest.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJamil View Post
    Nah, dont need to be sorry. This isn't an ideal world where you would get 100% crowd all the time. Its a weekday just understand that. As for stadium not being ready. PCB tried couldn't pull it off despite FWO working for them and as far as i remember pcb said it in advance that it would be a difficult to get it ready by 25 march deadline.

Don't correlate 9 years with stadium preparation.
    Whatever the excuses are, it's not acceptable.

PCB and the city of Karachi were whining about no cricket for 9 years and then they cannot get the stadium ready - that's not good enough really, irrespective of the reasons.
    Last edited by Saj; 3rd April 2018 at 01:49.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirris View Post
    We don't know the circumstance. Perhaps there is more to it than a simple lack of public interest.
    It's because a couple of stands weren't ready.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's because a couple of stands weren't ready.
    I've heard the PCB didn't market the series well either.
    It wasn't till the day of the first T20 for the posters and billboards for this series to go up in the city

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This series was arranged in a big rush, and it did not even seem certain that it would go ahead until a few days ago. On top of that, the stadium is being renovated and it was a weekday. Taking all that into consideration, it was a great turnout. The stands that weren't filled were mainly the 5000 Rs. and 12000 Rs. stands, mainly working people would buy those seats, and unfortunately not everyone are willing to get home at 2am and then wake up at 7am to go to work.

It honestly isn't really even anything shameful if the stands are being renovated. I remember there was a time here in Auckland when Eden Park was being renovated and the entire south stand was closed, but we still had international cricket there.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people have had an idea about windies team calibre, turn out could be very low

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever the excuses are, it's not acceptable.

PCB and the city of Karachi were whining about no cricket for 9 years and then they cannot get the stadium ready - that's not good enough really, irrespective of the reasons.
    I don't understand the anger towards the stadium not being fully repaired. It's not as if the other stands were full to capacity and there were people lining up for tickets. Had that been the case, then the anger would've been justified because you didn't ensure 4000 more people could've come in had the stands been repaired. But as it is, PCB has done a fine job.

Also this argument that there has been no international cricket for 9 years and so the stadiums should've been full doesn't fly. People have jobs to go to the next day and when the matches end at 12 meaning they reach home by 2 or 3AM, they think that it's better to stay at home. Nothing wrong with that especially when you have a West Indies C team playing.

And mark my words, to all those who think if PSL shifted to Pakistan, we would see full stadiums all the time, a rude shock is awaiting you guys then. PCB will hold matches in only Lahore and Karachi and nobody is crazy to go everyday to watch cricket when it's so difficult logistically to do so. And a Karachiite would have no interest in going to a match in the heat at 2PM to watch Quetta playing Multan at the NSK.

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    If people have had an idea about windies team calibre, turn out could be very low
    Will be funny if someone ask for a refund or maybe go to court for it

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect a bigger crowd today just because it's the final game in Pakistan for a while. However, had this been an ODI series against this West Indies D side, I think we would have seen much lower turnouts, particularly in the second match after people saw what WI has to offer.

"People don't make good Anchors. They change. The people here are going to change."

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is any indicator, then best of luck with filling the stadiums for a month, or even 2 weeks for that matter, in the PSL.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karachi: More than 40 PCB officials, including some high-ranking officers, were present in the city to manage the affairs of Pakistan’s T20I series against West Indies at National Stadium.

Although this series has finally really revived international cricket in the country, unfortunately the first two matches failed to attract as many people as they should have. What’s the reason behind this? After all, Karachiites are crazy fans of cricket.

On the day of the second T20I, the enclosures named after Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas and Majid Khan were empty.

All talented PCB bureaucrats, from Najam Sethi to Subhan Ahmed, were present in the city, so why did they fail to attract Karachiites to come to see the matches in the stadium? It was the result of poor planning and marketing of these matches.

A low-grade West Indies team, poor mechanism for ticket sale, and extraordinary difficulties for the spectators kept people away from the stadium.

A large number of those who did come to see the matches had complimentary passes. Some people say the high prices of the tickets were also a reason.

It is surprising that when a T20 match which was not international was organized in the city spectators came in large number but international matches happening after a gap of nine years failed to draw people.

Monday was a working day, but the matches are being played in the evening. And most importantly, these are international T20s, the most popular cricket in today’s world. The condition of the spectators was also not satisfactory on Sunday, when two enclosures were completely empty. Besides, dozens of chairs were lying empty in other enclosures.

What would happen in the third T20 match as Pakistan has already won the series? Even fewer people will come to witness the third match on Tuesday.

The National Stadium management does not have any high caliber official. They are all “Yes sir” men. They don’t know anything about management.

Moreover, it was surprising to note that media accreditation cards were issued to many of those reporters who usually cover other beats. It was done only to oblige them.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    It's the first international matches in Karachi in this decade. I would still expect crowds to be packed regardless of opposition quality.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNotAFanOfThings View Post
    If this is any indicator, then best of luck with filling the stadiums for a month, or even 2 weeks for that matter, in the PSL.
    matches are sell outs though

why people arent coming is an organizational issue

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    I don't understand the anger towards the stadium not being fully repaired. It's not as if the other stands were full to capacity and there were people lining up for tickets. Had that been the case, then the anger would've been justified because you didn't ensure 4000 more people could've come in had the stands been repaired. But as it is, PCB has done a fine job.

Also this argument that there has been no international cricket for 9 years and so the stadiums should've been full doesn't fly. People have jobs to go to the next day and when the matches end at 12 meaning they reach home by 2 or 3AM, they think that it's better to stay at home. Nothing wrong with that especially when you have a West Indies C team playing.

And mark my words, to all those who think if PSL shifted to Pakistan, we would see full stadiums all the time, a rude shock is awaiting you guys then. PCB will hold matches in only Lahore and Karachi and nobody is crazy to go everyday to watch cricket when it's so difficult logistically to do so. And a Karachiite would have no interest in going to a match in the heat at 2PM to watch Quetta playing Multan at the NSK.
    Spot on. Even PSL in Pakistan will only sell out if the teams play in their home grounds. Otherwise grounds here will be empty too.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality of cricket is important. You want your moneys worth and efforts worth (getting to ground well in time, getting through security etc). Not everyone wants to pay to watch a beating administered to a non-competing WI team with barely a recognisable player. Even in associate teams you would recognise more players.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    matches are sell outs though

why people arent coming is an organizational issue
    One thing I learnt is not to take everything PCB says at face value. I don't think the matches were sold out

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The time to complain about the stadium not being ready was surely before the PSL Final?

Or did people expect the stadium to be fully renovated in the week before the PSL Final and the Windies tour?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if you lived in Karachi, after what we have seen in the first 2 T20's, would you really be wanting to queue for hours in the heat, getting through security just to see another likely non-competitive beating of a team struggling to compete with associates.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple reason.West indies sent a pateechar team..........If it was Gayle.Pollard and co i am sure it would have been packed stadium.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    One thing I learnt is not to take everything PCB says at face value. I don't think the matches were sold out
    The tickets for first two definitely were. I know for sure

This match same situation somewhat I'm pure. Personal story. My brother in law has five tickets and he was trying to get rid of em earlier in the day. Heck he even offered me and my friends for free but I'm not going.

Why would I go through a security process of 2-3 hours to watch a B grade team

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    Even if you lived in Karachi, after what we have seen in the first 2 T20's, would you really be wanting to queue for hours in the heat, getting through security just to see another likely non-competitive beating of a team struggling to compete with associates.
    Dude exact same story with me today.

I was offered tickets for free but decided not to go.

You go to spot A which is 20 mins from stadium. Stand in line for 45 mins and get checked before getting on shuttle. Then you reach a place 5 mins or so from stadium and go through security check again.
    Finally you go towards stadium and stand in line for 1-2 hours before getting in stadium. Then another line to get in enclosure

Went for PSL final. Match was at 8. Left house at 130pm to go through all this. Aane to top it off you have to be in stadium by 5pm so you sit in the stands in that garmi for a couple of hours literally doing nothing

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You go to spot A which is 20 mins from stadium. Stand in line for 45 mins and get checked before getting on shuttle. Then you reach a place 5 mins or so from stadium and go through security check again.
    Finally you go towards stadium and stand in line for 1-2 hours before getting in stadium. Then another line to get in enclosure

Went for PSL final. Match was at 8. Left house at 130pm to go through all this. Aane to top it off you have to be in stadium by 5pm so you sit in the stands in that garmi for a couple of hours literally doing nothing
    wow.. that kind of set up is not sustainable at all. Absolutely energy sapping...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely takes the joy out of watching live sports.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went for PSL final. Match was at 8. Left house at 130pm to go through all this to top it off you have to be in stadium by 5pm so you sit in the stands in that garmi for a couple of hours literally doing nothing
    That is some patience!! I wouldn't have gone.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crowd is pretty good today.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good crowd today!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was trying to get tickets for todays match since my mock exams finished today but unfortunately could not get any.Would have loved seeing an international match in the stadium.

Even though PSL final security was not as bad for me as for @Slog and many others(I got in within an hour or so),it was still very hectic to get to the parking,then to the shuttles and then the walk to the stadium from the dropoff point itself.Temperatures in Karachi are very high nowadays.All tickets were sold out so PCB will benefit from that.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is this still the case for the West Indies matches? Or has it changed since the PSL final?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    Is this still the case for the West Indies matches? Or has it changed since the PSL final?
    Don't know. On Sunday it was I guess. Maybe not other days

Also PSL final was first time in a decade so perhaps they learnt lessons from that

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the PSL final cricket but the whole ordeal is energy sapping and certainly I wouldn't do it for a B grade WI team on a weekday too

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    I was trying to get tickets for todays match since my mock exams finished today but unfortunately could not get any.Would have loved seeing an international match in the stadium.

Even though PSL final security was not as bad for me as for @Slog and many others(I got in within an hour or so),it was still very hectic to get to the parking,then to the shuttles and then the walk to the stadium from the dropoff point itself.Temperatures in Karachi are very high nowadays.All tickets were sold out so PCB will benefit from that.

Yaar I'm sure mil jata around the stadium only...

#MPGA

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    I think the expensive and corporate stands were not filled, the rest of the stadium looked packed.
    Yup.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Looks better attended today - given dead rubber

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB/Sethi should realise the price alone for the tickets need to be lowered. Not everyone will be paying thousands of rupees, stand in line for hours in the heat and watch a game on the weekdays.

The whole process seems idiotic and irrational.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post

Anger? lol, it makes no difference to me whether it's a full stadium or empty stadium

The point I and others are making and which seems loston some here is that youhave 2 totally empty stands due to incompetence and poor planning - no other reasons.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    PCB/Sethi should realise the price alone for the tickets need to be lowered. Not everyone will be paying thousands of rupees, stand in line for hours in the heat and watch a game on the weekdays.

The whole process seems idiotic and irrational.
    Spot on and this is lost on some posters here who seem to think those that are stating this are anti-Karachi, which is a pathetic assumption.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)

That is terrible and I will mention this to Najam Sethi.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went on Sunday and the process is still the same but time has reduced.. it took me 45 minutes to clear all the process.. VIP enclosures are surely not sold out for all the matches.. the stands right next to big scorecard where they have places chairs.. nobody wants to pay 6000 for those chairs.. VIP enclosures next to dressing room are always filled though.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty full today