Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Celebrating Jimmy Anderson's longevity!

    With the end of the Eng- NZ test, Jimmy Anderson has also notched up a new record.

    He has bowled MORE deliveries than ANY OTHER pacer in the history of Test cricket!

    What a guy!

    And still delivering the goods as a seamer at the age of almost 36!

    His averages in the last four Test series

    25 in NZ
    25 in Australia (WOW!)
    14 against WI
    14 against SA


    #MPGA

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    481
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghar ka Jimmy..

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    371
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb bowler.

    If not for his away average of almost 35, i would have placed him the the elite group of bowlers.

    He will surpass McGrath as the highest wicket takers among pacers.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    Ghar ka Jimmy..
    yes his ghost averaged 25 in NZ and Australia over the last 4-5 months

    Its also his ghost who has an average of 20 in UAE and 24 in WI

    even in India his average is 33 which isnt great but not disastrous.


    #MPGA

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Ball View Post
    Superb bowler.

    If not for his away average of almost 35, i would have placed him the the elite group of bowlers.

    He will surpass McGrath as the highest wicket takers among pacers.
    its 32.6. Its still not ideal i admit but his away record has largely been good in past decade or so.

    More importantly he has had atleast one good away performance in almost every country and in some cases contributing to series wins


    #MPGA

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,606
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant bowler. Not only him, but Broad is also spectacular.

    Both are easily greats for their country and perhaps a little more to that.

    I just hope Broad rectifies his record in Asia which is poor.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,436
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Respect to him - about 30,000 international deliveries or so.

    Imagine your shoulder rotator cuff going through the grind that many times, and that's only counting the ones bowled during a match situation.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    2,684
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Respect to him - about 30,000 international deliveries or so.

    Imagine your shoulder rotator cuff going through the grind that many times, and that's only counting the ones bowled during a match situation.
    Pure insanity. It is a miracle he hasn't injured himself.

    A great accomplishment by a great bowler

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,687
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    With the end of the Eng- NZ test, Jimmy Anderson has also notched up a new record.

    He has bowled MORE deliveries than ANY OTHER pacer in the history of Test cricket!

    What a guy!

    And still delivering the goods as a seamer at the age of almost 36!

    His averages in the last four Test series

    25 in NZ
    25 in Australia (WOW!)
    14 against WI
    14 against SA
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have been a fan of Jimmy since long. Yes, he has had issues with taking wickets on Asian pitches, yes he is nicknamed clouderson but my god when it swings, is there a better bowler than him in this world? I guess only Hadlee would have come close to him when it came to exploiting conditions better and mastering the science of fast bowling. He is a joy to watch and the way he has carried on is remarkable. Here's to Jimmy!


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an incredible bowler! As someone mentioned, while fast bowling was an art form with Wasim for example, it was truly a science with Jimmy. The way in which he remodelled his action to increase longevity and control the swing he generated was truly stuff of legends. In fact I don't think there's been as drastic a change in action for a great bowler, after what Imran did after seeing Lillee.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynical View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have been a fan of Jimmy since long. Yes, he has had issues with taking wickets on Asian pitches, yes he is nicknamed clouderson but my god when it swings, is there a better bowler than him in this world? I guess only Hadlee would have come close to him when it came to exploiting conditions better and mastering the science of fast bowling. He is a joy to watch and the way he has carried on is remarkable. Here's to Jimmy!
    I'd argue that his poor record outside English conditions is severely exaggerated. It's certainly decent enough. It's just that his record when it's swing is absolutely ATG level

    Also people act like there is no skill involved and anyone can just show up and swing like Anderson when there is a cloud cover... If it was so easy why doesn't everyone have similar records in such conditions

    Finally... We watch cricket for enjoyment. And for me one of the most enjoyable moments in cricket is Anderson swinging the new ball in the early English summer and making top class batsmen look like absolute mugs


    #MPGA

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,985
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The green mamba with 26 wickets in 18 innings in India? Celebrate longevity yes, Is he an ATG? Heck No

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,296
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    The green mamba with 26 wickets in 18 innings in India? Celebrate longevity yes, Is he an ATG? Heck No
    It doesn't matter, he was instrumental in helping his team win a test series in India. Not many overseas fast bowlers can claim that. It's been a pretty good career.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    4,411
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latter part of his career Jimmy Anderson has been an elite bowler. It's because he was appalling before that people discount him from the ATG category. No doubt a British ATG though.


    Have the players going forward, just need coaching&professionalism! #1 priority: fielding

  15. #15
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,137
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Ball View Post
    Superb bowler.

    If not for his away average of almost 35, i would have placed him the the elite group of bowlers.

    He will surpass McGrath as the highest wicket takers among pacers.
    Since he learned from Asif how to reverse it, he has taken 120 test wickets away at 30, and 171 at home at 22. So he got better at home when it didn't swing too. Those away numbers were looking better recently - I suspect he has gone on one tour too many.

    When he hangs his boots up, he'll leave a hole that will be hard for someone to fill.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,606
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Since he learned from Asif how to reverse it, he has taken 120 test wickets away at 30, and 171 at home at 22. So he got better at home when it didn't swing too. Those away numbers were looking better recently - I suspect he has gone on one tour too many.

    When he hangs his boots up, he'll leave a hole that will be hard for someone to fill.
    How would you rate Stuart Broad in comparison? A rating on 10 for both will help.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,579
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He must share his fitness secrets for sure, everyone faded at his age but he keeps on going and going.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,579
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol to say he has been a tremendous servant to English Cricket will be a gross under statement.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,392
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It helps when you are dependent on swing. Still Andy is among the fittest bowler and really good fielder.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  20. #20
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,137
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    How would you rate Stuart Broad in comparison? A rating on 10 for both will help.
    Anderson - 9 in England, 6 abroad

    Broad - 8 in England, 6 abroad.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He deserves a bit more respect

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,687
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I'd argue that his poor record outside English conditions is severely exaggerated. It's certainly decent enough. It's just that his record when it's swing is absolutely ATG level

    Also people act like there is no skill involved and anyone can just show up and swing like Anderson when there is a cloud cover... If it was so easy why doesn't everyone have similar records in such conditions

    Finally... We watch cricket for enjoyment. And for me one of the most enjoyable moments in cricket is Anderson swinging the new ball in the early English summer and making top class batsmen look like absolute mugs
    Do i have Multiple personality disorder? i feel exactly the same way. The action, the wrist position, the release uff, it is breath taking when he gets the swing going.


    Yes, I agree with your other points too, however Anderson is a vastly improved bowler in the last 5 -6 years or so IMO.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,424
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be fun watching battle between jimmy and kohli few months later. I can't wait

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,606
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Anderson - 9 in England, 6 abroad

    Broad - 8 in England, 6 abroad.
    Fair enough. Can add 0.5 points extra to Anderson for longevity and after two-three years to Broad also.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,070
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True champion.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    6,169
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy is a class bowler. He can swing it for sure make no mistake about that. Never one to get in to trouble Jimmy is a true professional. In a game where people now just want to hit it to all parts his likes remind the batsmen you can't always have it your way


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    He has silenced many of his haters, they are still trying to comprehend his performance in AUS especially in comparison to Broad. At this stage of his career he should be declining but is showing tremendous endurance to not only remain world class, but lead the pack from the front. 600 victims are within his reach.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    87,670
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    30 K balls , that is lot !!

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    24,137
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If only the coaches had not messed about with his action as a tyro England bowler he would have even more wickets now.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Chandni Chowk, Delhi
    Runs
    48,348
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's just got better with time as a bowler in all aspects which is what one should respect the most in somebody i.e., constant improvement.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really love his bowling action.so beautiful.I want him to play for another year or two.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,480
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy's longevity is almost unheard of in cricket but being kept away from the ODI side has been a great help (the same goes for Broad). Add the fact that he is playing in the era of the flattest pitches ever and the biggest bats, the way he has consistently taken wickets is quite remarkable.

    I still remember him at his, the swing he could impart on the ball, the tail in and then whips out, top class batsman after top class batsman being knicked outside off. The hallmark of a class right hand swing bowler.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Still going strong

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    It's a pet peeve of mine how some people act as if one just needs to show up and rotate their arm to get wickets in England

    Huge disservice to the skill and hard work Anderson puts in

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,636
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    He must share his fitness secrets for sure, everyone faded at his age but he keeps on going and going.
    There are no secrets when it comes to fitness. Its an open and shut case, he cares about what he is putting inside his body.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,645
    Mentioned
    919 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Would rather watch him bowl than overrated Steyn in all honesty.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Tom, dick and Harry would become unplayable on such doctored pitch under overcast condition. Even 30 overs old ball was swinging like crazy yesterday. It was unnatural. Bowlers shouldn't get this much help from pitch and condition.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Would rather watch him bowl than overrated Steyn in all honesty.
    Pls don't write Anderson and Steyn in same sentence. Steyn is arguably one of the greatest test bowlers of all time.
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th August 2018 at 06:07.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Any Tom, dick and Harry would become unplayable on such doctored pitch under overcast condition. Even 30 overs old ball was swinging like crazy yesterday. It was unnatural. Bowlers shouldn't get this much help from pitch and condition.
    If any Tom, dick and Harry can become so good then why don't they?


    #MPGA

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,603
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anderson showing the importance of good fitness. To play as long as he has and still be a quality bowler is a credit to him and something that should be respected.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    857
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Any Tom, dick and Harry would become unplayable on such doctored pitch under overcast condition. Even 30 overs old ball was swinging like crazy yesterday. It was unnatural. Bowlers shouldn't get this much help from pitch and condition.
    Why couldnt the Indian bowlers take 10 wickets?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    22,354
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Highest wicket taking fast bowler ever


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •