Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 195
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Reason why our team is #1 in T20Is is because our guys don't participate in IPL" : Waqar Younis

    Waqar Younis speaking on TV:

    "Although it was a series against a weaker team, the good thing is that an avenue (for resumption of international cricket) has opened for Pakistan"

    "It was said before that Karachi was not a safe place and matches were not being played here"

    "I would say that Karachi is one of the safest cities of Pakistan"

    "I was really impressed at that crowd turn out for essentially a dead-rubber game"

    "After the result of the first game when WI were bowled out for 60 , I thought that we may not get the same number of people in the crowd but it was amazing to see people turn up in numbers"

    "People of Karachi were hungry for cricket"

    "International cricket returned after a long time to Karachi and people really enjoyed it; it was like a 'mela' or a festival, and it was entertainment for all"

    "Beggars can't be choosers, you need to understand that" [Talking about the WI team being weak and the series not that competitive]

    "You will need to take baby steps to restore cricket and along the way there will be refusals (to tour Pakistan) also"

    "We have struggled 9 years (to get intl cricket back home) so it will take some time for confidence (in Pakistan as as a safe country) to return back to normal"

    "Good thing is that all people, including ICC and the media, who are visiting us are going away with a good impression and giving us 10/10 (for arrangements), so I will say its a wonderful thing to happen"

    "We hear that half of PSL will be played in Pakistan so hopefully, the day when a Test series will be played here is also not that far away"

    "If PSL games are played in Pakistan, then it will be a huge breakthrough"

    "The same guys who played in the PSL like Badree, Walton, Fletcher came to Pakistan as they felt comfortable"

    "In T20 bowlers have gone on defensive; as a coach I tell the bowlers that you have 24 balls and you be responsible and not bowl a single bad ball"

    "In the old days, a captain would never change a bowler just because he got hit for one or 2 fours"

    "Cricket has changed but I would say it a good change"

    "Its a batsman's game; you have made pitches flat and made bats so thick and the moment there is some tampering, you create so much 'khup' (fuss)"

    "They are saying lets kill reverse swing - Why would you do that? I don't understand that, its an art"

    "I would say use one make of ball ( one type of leather) and make sure that reverse swing comes into play after 40 overs and then use that art to put some kind of check on batsman

    "You can use SG, reader ball which after 30 overs (will reverse) and you dont need to put sand-paper on it"

    "How may cricketers want to play Test cricket? Priorities have changed"

    "The priority now is IPL where a cricketer can earn $2 million whereas here he will get $25k here (coming to Pakistan)"

    "Even today, if you gave me a choice to play OD, T20 or Test cricket, I would still play Test cricket"

    "Even in the old days we had people who went to play for Kerry Packer"

    "There is a lot of money now in cricket and a few leagues have sprung up but its the responsibility of cricket boards to make sure that international cricket does not die out"

    "The reason why our team is number one in T20Is is because our guys don't participate in IPL"

    "Because of not playing IPL, our boys are down to earth and they want to play international cricket"

    "When a kid starts to play cricket, he doesnt do it thinking he will earn millions; instead he does that because of his love for cricket"


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not playing in IPL makes the boys down to Earth. Point taken. Why is the team ranked 7th in tests and ODIs then?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,955
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some real stupid comments there, why even talk about IPL?

    Some Pakistanis really irritate me, they just give free opportunities to Indians to make fun of them...


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Johannesburg, SA
    Runs
    5,770
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think most other teams field full strength T20 sides unless it's a world cup. It seems to be used more as a platform to introduce newer players to international cricket and improve bench strength.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,796
    Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes and are very down to earth.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two simple reasons.

    - Most teams don't field their full strength team for T20Is and use them as a platform to groom youngsters or provide opportunities for fringe players (See India's squad for recent tournament)
    - Pak has played insane number of games against WI and SL who hardly compete in this format. Both SL and WI team had players who were willing to play Pak in Pak rather than their best (even best of SL is hardly anything now). Pak also had a series against World XI, again against who were willing to play in pak rather than the best of world. All this adds up, nearly 9 Matches against WI and 6 more against SL and World XI. That is nearly 15 matches where they played against sub standard teams and some times almost a club level teams. The one credible team they ahve beaten is NZ and even they rested their best player for the final match

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The country that hosts the IPL is the number 1 test team in the world. And has the best winning percentage in ODIs since 2011.

    /thread.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Because of not playing IPL, our boys are down to earth and they want to play international cricket"

    Pak players play an insane amount of T20 leagues.. they go to whichever league that is willing to take them. Their star bowler just took a decision to reduce his Test duties so that he c an play more counties and T20 leagues.. and half their team went to play in ten over tournament.. right.. they want to play international cricket.. They want to play wherever they can get money. nothing wrong in that, they are professionals just pointing out the stupidity of that comment

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not playing in IPL makes the boys down to Earth. Point taken. Why is the team ranked 7th in tests and ODIs then?
    Because they don't play ipl

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,822
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Yes and are very down to earth.
    Lol tbf, they have been kicked out and now we know why

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,073
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why people bring IPL into everything. India has the best winning percentage in ODIs/T20s among the test playing nations. even i Test India has the second best winning percentage among all the test playing nations.. In that time they have been No 1 team, won world cup, CT, reached finals of T20, CT, and were the most successful team in ICC tournaments.. People just an itch that they want to scratch..

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They play t10 leagues

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,822
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    "Because of not playing IPL, our boys are down to earth and they want to play international cricket"

    Pak players play an insane amount of T20 leagues.. they go to whichever league that is willing to take them. Their star bowler just took a decision to reduce his Test duties so that he c an play more counties and T20 leagues.. and half their team went to play in ten over tournament.. right.. they want to play international cricket.. They want to play wherever they can get money. nothing wrong in that, they are professionals just pointing out the stupidity of that comment
    By extension , they are resorted to playing multiple leagues to make decent money as they can't play IPL. Because of their experience in playing in diverse conditions and diverse set of players, they have acquired a unique set of skills which enable them to excel in this format in varied conditions because of which they are a number 1 team in this format.

    Phew..He is right after all!!!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    422
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan players are down to earth. Haha what? half of them are busy liking posts about them on twitter. And I like most Pakistan players but being down to earth or missing IPL is not the reason they are no. 1 in T20Is.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,205
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Like I said Dean Jones deserves a lot of credit for making Islamabad United win inspite of Waqar being in the dressing room.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    618
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not playing in IPL makes the boys down to Earth. Point taken. Why is the team ranked 7th in tests and ODIs then?
    Exactly my question.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,498
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Seems the mention of the word IPL gets people posting....


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why people are talking about IPL when it has nothing to do with Pakistan's win over WI. if waqar the coach thinks not playing IPL helped them then he might be right.
    IPL is long tourney. It is hard not to get injured. So it might help the players not playing.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,097
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Seems the mention of the word IPL gets people posting....
    Agree MIG. Always happens. Any way, Waqar didnít think through this one.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,713
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo_Don View Post
    I don't think most other teams field full strength T20 sides unless it's a world cup. It seems to be used more as a platform to introduce newer players to international cricket and improve bench strength.
    This is the smarter way to go about things, and PCB messed up big time this series here


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar Younis is spot on!

    IPL is the WWE of Cricket, it's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Which means the actual quality of cricket is low. You only have to see the dollies, hit me in the arc deliveries, and leg side pie deliveries to see this. At least with T20i, teams are playing against XI professionals, and not 50/50 teams made up of Internationals and unknowns from the domestic circuit - who are never to be seen/heard of again.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    2,917
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "The reason why our team is number one in T20Is is because our guys don't participate in IPL"
    Lol, that's a classic response.


    "People don't make good Anchors. They change. The people here are going to change."

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Waqar Younis is spot on!

    IPL is the WWE of Cricket, it's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Which means the actual quality of cricket is low. You only have to see the dollies, hit me in the arc deliveries, and leg side pie deliveries to see this. At least with T20i, teams are playing against XI professionals, and not 50/50 teams made up of Internationals and unknowns from the domestic circuit - who are never to be seen/heard of again.
    So going by your post, I assume you follow IPL very closely since you know so much about it?
    If you dont follow IPL then i assume you’re spouting garbage and lies?

    What is it?

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Waqar Younis is spot on!

    IPL is the WWE of Cricket, it's entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Which means the actual quality of cricket is low. You only have to see the dollies, hit me in the arc deliveries, and leg side pie deliveries to see this. At least with T20i, teams are playing against XI professionals, and not 50/50 teams made up of Internationals and unknowns from the domestic circuit - who are never to be seen/heard of again.
    IPL is actually close or is on par with international standards. The foreign players are elite level and as for domestic players; their batsmen are prolific and bowlers are actually decent unlike the first few editions of IPL. They also play on far better wickets with some diversification in conditions as they play all over India.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 4th April 2018 at 18:34.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    7,088
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waqar coached an IPL team not long ago. I would go running if someone offered me $2 million for a monthís work. Pakistan players would too but they canít.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    So going by your post, I assume you follow IPL very closely since you know so much about it?
    If you dont follow IPL then i assume you’re spouting garbage and lies?

    What is it?
    If IPL was a high quality tournament, then how comes India are not on top of the T20 rankings, or have not won the World T20 many times? These are the questions you should be asking.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,448
    Mentioned
    4494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Well said Waqar, IPL is only good to make a few quid that's about it


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the anchor in the program was basically trying to goad waqar into saying intl cricket is losing importance/ going to die because of the money that players can earn in franchise cricket. The heading of this article is a misunderstanding of the comments made by waqar and the context they were made in
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 4th April 2018 at 19:09.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,742
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    If IPL was a high quality tournament, then how comes India are not on top of the T20 rankings, or have not won the World T20 many times? These are the questions you should be asking.
    Because IPL promotes quality in foreign players too who then plays against India in world cup. It's the clash of the titans of IPL in the world cup T20 and there's no shame in getting defeated by peers who built their base on the same platform.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Well said Waqar, IPL is only good to make a few quid that's about it
    Well said Shaz, all this money from IPL and no result - look whoís at the top of T20 rankings with a supposedly inferior league.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    324
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much hulaboo over the format for which no one cares other than wt20. Just watch team played by NZ in T20 series. They rotate all players. But there is so much hulaboo by Pakistani over insignificant no 1 ranking in this format.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhonixi View Post
    So much hulaboo over the format for which no one cares other than wt20. Just watch team played by NZ in T20 series. They rotate all players. But there is so much hulaboo by Pakistani over insignificant no 1 ranking in this format.
    Itís only insignificant when you donít have it... if India was number 1 ranked then Jai Hind and India is soooperpower and IPL is da best.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    If IPL was a high quality tournament, then how comes India are not on top of the T20 rankings, or have not won the World T20 many times? These are the questions you should be asking.
    India isn't, because we don't ask minnows to come to our house and play some t20s with us just for charity.

    Hope next time when you ask this question you make sure that your country isn't bundled out on a sub 100 score in a t20 match against india.

    7-1 head to head gives perdect reply to waqar, why not playing ipl is good for pakistani players.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    4,822
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    If IPL was a high quality tournament, then how comes India are not on top of the T20 rankings, or have not won the World T20 many times? These are the questions you should be asking.
    IPL players have won T20 WC many times. Malinga won in 2014. Gayle and Co. won in 2016 and 2012. IPLstars from 2008 like Afridi, Tanvir, Malik were crucial in winning T20 world cup in 2009

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Waqar Younis speaking on TV:

    "Although it was a series against a weaker team, the good thing is that an avenue (for resumption of international cricket) has opened for Pakistan"

    "It was said before that Karachi was not a safe place and matches were not being played here"

    "I would say that Karachi is one of the safest cities of Pakistan"

    "I was really impressed at that crowd turn out for essentially a dead-rubber game"

    "After the result of the first game when WI were bowled out for 60 , I thought that we may not get the same number of people in the crowd but it was amazing to see people turn up in numbers"

    "People of Karachi were hungry for cricket"

    "International cricket returned after a long time to Karachi and people really enjoyed it; it was like a 'mela' or a festival, and it was entertainment for all"

    "Beggars can't be choosers, you need to understand that" [Talking about the WI team being weak and the series not that competitive]

    "You will need to take baby steps to restore cricket and along the way there will be refusals (to tour Pakistan) also"

    "We have struggled 9 years (to get intl cricket back home) so it will take some time for confidence (in Pakistan as as a safe country) to return back to normal"

    "Good thing is that all people, including ICC and the media, who are visiting us are going away with a good impression and giving us 10/10 (for arrangements), so I will say its a wonderful thing to happen"

    "We hear that half of PSL will be played in Pakistan so hopefully, the day when a Test series will be played here is also not that far away"

    "If PSL games are played in Pakistan, then it will be a huge breakthrough"

    "The same guys who played in the PSL like Badree, Walton, Fletcher came to Pakistan as they felt comfortable"

    "In T20 bowlers have gone on defensive; as a coach I tell the bowlers that you have 24 balls and you be responsible and not bowl a single bad ball"

    "In the old days, a captain would never change a bowler just because he got hit for one or 2 fours"

    "Cricket has changed but I would say it a good change"

    "Its a batsman's game; you have made pitches flat and made bats so thick and the moment there is some tampering, you create so much 'khup' (fuss)"

    "They are saying lets kill reverse swing - Why would you do that? I don't understand that, its an art"

    "I would say use one make of ball ( one type of leather) and make sure that reverse swing comes into play after 40 overs and then use that art to put some kind of check on batsman

    "You can use SG, reader ball which after 30 overs (will reverse) and you dont need to put sand-paper on it"

    "How may cricketers want to play Test cricket? Priorities have changed"

    "The priority now is IPL where a cricketer can earn $2 million whereas here he will get $25k here (coming to Pakistan)"

    "Even today, if you gave me a choice to play OD, T20 or Test cricket, I would still play Test cricket"

    "Even in the old days we had people who went to play for Kerry Packer"

    "There is a lot of money now in cricket and a few leagues have sprung up but its the responsibility of cricket boards to make sure that international cricket does not die out"

    "The reason why our team is number one in T20Is is because our guys don't participate in IPL"

    "Because of not playing IPL, our boys are down to earth and they want to play international cricket"

    "When a kid starts to play cricket, he doesnt do it thinking he will earn millions; instead he does that because of his love for cricket"
    my dear sir , i think you should post the questions along with the quotes waqar made soevery one understands the context, he did say these words but the context he made them in was very different to the inference you ghave drawn from his answers

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon751 View Post
    my dear sir , i think you should post the questions along with the quotes waqar made soevery one understands the context, he did say these words but the context he made them in was very different to the inference you ghave drawn from his answers
    It's a discussion, not a press conference so it's not a simple case of Q/A.

    His complete comments are all present in the first post of this thread that you've quoted.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhonixi View Post
    So much hulaboo over the format for which no one cares other than wt20. Just watch team played by NZ in T20 series. They rotate all players. But there is so much hulaboo by Pakistani over insignificant no 1 ranking in this format.
    Who says nobody cares. After winning Nobody trophy in srilanka, indian fans including me were hyper.
    People enjoy the game it is just not the real test of cricketing ability.
    Pakistan is 1 T20 side and it is right fully. you win the matches and gett he no 1 title.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Well said Shaz, all this money from IPL and no result - look who’s at the top of T20 rankings with a supposedly inferior league.
    We are not no7 like your team in other formats. Only 10 points lesser and 2 positions lower. Also we are the finalist of last World Cup. You will see what it means by premier cricket league in few days. World best batting talent and good bowlers playing together or against each other. Importantly not on slow wickets, infront of empty stadium, or 35 yards boundaries. You will hardly see retired players in any of the teams.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket23 View Post
    India isn't, because we don't ask minnows to come to our house and play some t20s with us just for charity.

    Hope next time when you ask this question you make sure that your country isn't bundled out on a sub 100 score in a t20 match against india.

    7-1 head to head gives perdect reply to waqar, why not playing ipl is good for pakistani players.
    Pakistan were on TOP of the T20 rankings BEFORE the West Indies T20 series this week! What point are you making? West Indies are minnows? They have won the World T20 more times than any team. New Zealand and SL are also T20 minnows?

    Go back and do your homework, because we all know the only way India gets to the top of any rankings is by battering one team at home.

    People cannot accept the fact that IPL is not the Creme de la Creme of T20 but a circus, and neither is money the motivation for success - Pakistan has proved this with the rankings, and the CT17 win, and will continue to do so Inshallah.


  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    It’s only insignificant when you don’t have it... if India was number 1 ranked then Jai Hind and India is soooperpower and IPL is da best.
    what would you take ? no 1 title or world cup ?

  41. #41
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,674
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    The country that hosts the IPL is the number 1 test team in the world. And has the best winning percentage in ODIs since 2011.

    /thread.
    How are test rankings and ODI win percentage relevant to IPL or #1 T20 Ranking?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    We are not no7 like your team in other formats. Only 10 points lesser and 2 positions lower. Also we are the finalist of last World Cup. You will see what it means by premier cricket league in few days. World best batting talent and good bowlers playing together or against each other. Importantly not on slow wickets, infront of empty stadium, or 35 yards boundaries. You will hardly see retired players in any of the teams.
    Do not forget, #7 ranking THRASHED #2 in the CT17 ODI final in neutral conditions.


  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    If IPL was a high quality tournament, then how comes India are not on top of the T20 rankings, or have not won the World T20 many times? These are the questions you should be asking.
    Thats irrelevant. India reached finals and Semis in past two events.

    Now, the way you were explaining in details in ur previous post about the IPL that it made me wonder you follow it. Now you’re only assuming, so basiclally you were lying in ur previous post?

    Ok, Lies busted.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    166
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Do not forget, #7 ranking THRASHED #2 in the CT17 ODI final in neutral conditions.

    Underdog can win.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    It's a discussion, not a press conference so it's not a simple case of Q/A.

    His complete comments are all present in the first post of this thread that you've quoted.
    exactly, the anchor was basically asking him about franchise cricket being more imp for players now over representing their country ( esp given the windies situation) , waqar's respnse was that since the ipl ( the most lucrative option) was not available to pak players, their best lucrative option was to represent the country and hence they are very keen to get into the national squad and perfom, thats why they are no1 cause they dont play in the ipl ..... please do correct me if my understanding is wrong

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Thats irrelevant. India reached finals and Semis in past two events.

    Now, the way you were explaining in details in ur previous post about the IPL that it made me wonder you follow it. Now you’re only assuming, so basiclally you were lying in ur previous post?

    Ok, Lies busted.
    It is completely relevant whether you like it or not.

    If you boast about the IPL being the best and highest quality in T20, then where is the evidence/result?

    Tell me how many Indian players are on top of the T20 rankings for Batting/Bowlers? Semi Finalists? OK, after 10 years that's all you have to show for it?

    This has nothing to do with lying, no one is discussing uranium.

    The point Younis is making is you do not need to play in the IPL to be a successful T20 team/player. Let this sink in.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,930
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    It’s only insignificant when you don’t have it... if India was number 1 ranked then Jai Hind and India is soooperpower and IPL is da best.
    So why don't we do that in tests or ODIs where we are ranked higher? All the Jais and boasting and demeaning others seem to happen only from one side nowadays


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,930
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    It is completely relevant whether you like it or not.

    If you boast about the IPL being the best and highest quality in T20, then where is the evidence/result?

    Tell me how many Indian players are on top of the T20 rankings for Batting/Bowlers? Semi Finalists? OK, after 10 years that's all you have to show for it?

    This has nothing to do with lying, no one is discussing uranium.

    The point Younis is making is you do not need to play in the IPL to be a successful T20 team/player. Let this sink in.
    No, it is just a weird obsession with another league and country. You have a good league. You are ranked no 1. Yet you are obsessed with another league. No one asks you about IPL yet you comment and compare every single time. It is pure insecurity and nothing else.

    Let that sink in


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,035
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    So why don't we do that in tests or ODIs where we are ranked higher? All the Jais and boasting and demeaning others seem to happen only from one side nowadays
    Because T20 leagues are not known for producing Test cricketers. Very rarely is there an exception to the rule, like David Warner.

    India is a better ODI team right now but that will change within the upcoming 2 years.

    The times are a changing.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    It is completely relevant whether you like it or not.

    If you boast about the IPL being the best and highest quality in T20, then where is the evidence/result?

    Tell me how many Indian players are on top of the T20 rankings for Batting/Bowlers? Semi Finalists? OK, after 10 years that's all you have to show for it?

    This has nothing to do with lying, no one is discussing uranium.

    The point Younis is making is you do not need to play in the IPL to be a successful T20 team/player. Let this sink in.
    Again you’re running from FACT.

    How did you come up with scenario that take place in IPL without you following it?


    Accept it, you made up lies.

    Yes, IPL may have not produce quality players for us cause thats the job of Ranji. IPL is best league but for entertainment purpose, not for developing talent.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,930
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is going to be my go to answer for everything from now on. Why did you top the exams? Because I don't play in the IPL? Why did you break that thing? Because I don't play in the IPL.


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,930
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Because T20 leagues are not known for producing Test cricketers. Very rarely is there an exception to the rule, like David Warner.

    India is a better ODI team right now but that will change within the upcoming 2 years.

    The times are a changing.
    Eh, I was not talking about the league but boasting in general. We were talking about the rankings. Why dont we boast about rankings in tests and ODIs if thats what we do.


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,035
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Eh, I was not talking about the league but boasting in general. We were talking about the rankings. Why dont we boast about rankings in tests and ODIs if thats what we do.
    Which is why I said India is a better ODI team atm.
    And both the PSL and IPL are T20 leagues which can produce quality LOís cricketers but rarely quality Test cricketers.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    No, it is just a weird obsession with another league and country. You have a good league. You are ranked no 1. Yet you are obsessed with another league. No one asks you about IPL yet you comment and compare every single time. It is pure insecurity and nothing else.

    Let that sink in
    I comment every single time? You mistake me for someone else.

    The only insecurity here is the reaction from Indians when others do not rate the IPL. Like you above!

    I do not rate the IPL in terms of quality. In terms of entertainment, sure. Fair and lovely cheer leaders, leg side pies, and those fireworks! Great!

    I am simply agreeing with Waqar Younis. Accept this and move on, no need to get senti about it.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Again you’re running from FACT.

    How did you come up with scenario that take place in IPL without you following it?

    Accept it, you made up lies.

    Yes, IPL may have not produce quality players for us cause thats the job of Ranji. IPL is best league but for entertainment purpose, not for developing talent.
    Muwahahahaha. You just agreed with me.

    Well done.

    See yah!

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon751 View Post
    exactly, the anchor was basically asking him about franchise cricket being more imp for players now over representing their country ( esp given the windies situation) , waqar's respnse was that since the ipl ( the most lucrative option) was not available to pak players, their best lucrative option was to represent the country and hence they are very keen to get into the national squad and perfom, thats why they are no1 cause they dont play in the ipl ..... please do correct me if my understanding is wrong
    Yes. All of that is in the first post of the thread.

    "The priority now is IPL where a cricketer can earn $2 million whereas here he will get $25k here (coming to Pakistan)"

    "Even today, if you gave me a choice to play OD, T20 or Test cricket, I would still play Test cricket"

    "Even in the old days we had people who went to play for Kerry Packer"

    "There is a lot of money now in cricket and a few leagues have sprung up but its the responsibility of cricket boards to make sure that international cricket does not die out"

    "The reason why our team is number one in T20Is is because our guys don't participate in IPL"

    "Because of not playing IPL, our boys are down to earth and they want to play international cricket"

    "When a kid starts to play cricket, he doesnt do it thinking he will earn millions; instead he does that because of his love for cricket"


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    How are test rankings and ODI win percentage relevant to IPL or #1 T20 Ranking?
    Its relevant to Vicky's nonsense claim about IPL millions making Indian players less likely to win games.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Do not forget, #7 ranking THRASHED #2 in the CT17 ODI final in neutral conditions.

    So what? Upset happens in cricket that too in one off game. We have seen top teams losing a game to minnows.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    So what? Upset happens in cricket that too in one off game. We have seen top teams losing a game to minnows.
    I was responding to your claim that Pakistan is #7 in ODIs. What was your point of Pakistan being #7 then? Enlighten me. Were you mocking Pakistan's ranking? Surely not!!!

    Pakistan has the superior W/L vs. India, this is not a one off, it's decades of battering. This is why Indians have been reduced to the WC head-to-head record exclusively. It's the one stat India have superiority over Pakistan. (I should remind you Indians boasted about ICC tournament stats, but that changed after CT17).


  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Not playing in IPL makes the boys down to Earth. Point taken. Why is the team ranked 7th in tests and ODIs then?
    Ranked 7th in tests because Pakistan lost away series to NZ and Aus, with most test sides losing test series away (did win against WI). The loss of Misbah and Younis requires a rebuild not only of the middle order but also have the psychology of the side. The loss to SL was the only one that was bad, but again, this is a side being rebuilt, after periods of going unbeaten.

    It's not so long ago that Pak had gone 7 test series unbeaten, and a separate period of 7 series in 2010-12.

    India just got hammered in SA and are supposedly no. 1...they will also lose in England likely in Aus. After India's previous stint at no. 1, they were humiliated by Eng and Aus and dropped to 6 so stay in your lane.

    As for ODIs, Pak have just lost one series since Aus, that too quite competitive against NZ. They have also emphatically won the CT so the rankings do not accurately represent the match reality.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,387
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very bumpable thread, So let's wait when Pakistan is on 5th on ICC ranking, which can easily happen as how close the ranking is for T20, then love to hear from great supporters of these statements.

    And Pakistan players may not play IPL for next 10 years so ... totally expecting Pakistan to be on top for next 10 years right?


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Pakistan were on TOP of the T20 rankings BEFORE the West Indies T20 series this week! What point are you making? West Indies are minnows? They have won the World T20 more times than any team. New Zealand and SL are also T20 minnows?

    Go back and do your homework, because we all know the only way India gets to the top of any rankings is by battering one team at home.

    People cannot accept the fact that IPL is not the Creme de la Creme of T20 but a circus, and neither is money the motivation for success - Pakistan has proved this with the rankings, and the CT17 win, and will continue to do so Inshallah.

    Yes pakistan was no1 team, because they were so scared of playing top teams that they have played most 80% of those series against minnows and continue to do so, the example is just the previous series.

    Aswering your second point, the last two t20 series we played out of our home, we won them, here goes your lie. You see, afterall we aren't affraid of going out and winning not only t20s but also odis, because we don't have minnow mentality like some countries.

    Asnswering your third point.
    Once again i will advice you to ask your puny team to not bundle out to sub 100 score when you face india next, to atleast put up a fight, even though i knkw you are minnows and only capable of performing against your fellow minnows


    I am not surprised that you and your country men continue to bring that one win. Afterall you have been humilated by india in the last 10 years so much that your country was so desperate for even a single win that your country lost all the hope for a win.

    6-0
    And
    7-1
    Surely tells us the story of this generation of pakistanis for even a single win against india.

    But 11-0 the streak is still on and will continue to haunt not onky the presebt but also the future generation of pakistanis.

    Long live the streak.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I remind Indian fans that they were ranked #7 in Tests as recently as 2015.

    Teams go through highs and lows.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket23 View Post



    But 11-0 the streak is still on and will continue to haunt not onky the presebt but also the future generation of pakistanis.
    You see folks, this is what India has been reduced to, a WC streak record. Outside of this, they dare not speak of Pakistan vs India stats. Next year, they will have to think of something else!

    Got to give them something to chew on I suppose.


  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,296
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Muwahahahaha. You just agreed with me.

    Well done.

    See yah!
    Unlike you Im man enough to admit


    Peace out.

    Liar

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Unlike you Im man enough to admit
    You were agreeing with me all the time! Admit what? You didn't read my post? I suppose the truth eventually comes out. Now what I would like to see is whether Indians will have a go at you for having the same opinion on the IPL as me. Let's see.

    Best!


  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canít wait till we dish out the phainty these guys deserve... havenít learned their lesson from 18/06/2017.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    You see folks, this is what India has been reduced to, a WC streak record. Outside of this, they dare not speak of Pakistan vs India stats. Next year, they will have to think of something else!

    Got to give them something to chew on I suppose.

    Awww, chickened out, as usual. You brought a single win after being humiliated by india for 10 years, that too a freaking champions trophy win, didn't you ?

    Unlike a minnow team who harp on one win, we are proud of the domination we have given to a freaking whole one generation of pakistanis and several generation of pakistani cricket team and will continue to make sure that when your next generation arrives they also continue to hear and get burden by this streak.

    Don't worry even if this streak breaks in the next year, this streak will continue haunt the peesent pakistani generation.

    Long live the streak.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    I was responding to your claim that Pakistan is #7 in ODIs. What was your point of Pakistan being #7 then? Enlighten me. Were you mocking Pakistan's ranking? Surely not!!!

    Pakistan has the superior W/L vs. India, this is not a one off, it's decades of battering. This is why Indians have been reduced to the WC head-to-head record exclusively. It's the one stat India have superiority over Pakistan. (I should remind you Indians boasted about ICC tournament stats, but that changed after CT17).

    Now you are bringing in 80 and 90s records to help you. When an ODI team is currently ranked at 7. I would call that team as average or inconsistent.

    Windies won the champion trophy sometime back while they were at no 8 or 9. It’s not something new.

    To get to top three you need to play top cricket consistently. Pak was considered as one of the top teams in 90s, not because they won 91 WC, Infact they had an average team in that WC, it’s because they won more games than they lost throughout 90s, won many series.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Can’t wait till we dish out the phainty these guys deserve... haven’t learned their lesson from 18/06/2017.
    How about plainty that we have been dishing out for the last 28 yrs in all key World Cup games?

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,035
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket23 View Post
    Yes pakistan was no1 team, because they were so scared of playing top teams that they have played most 80% of those series against minnows and continue to do so, the example is just the previous series.

    Aswering your second point, the last two t20 series we played out of our home, we won them, here goes your lie. You see, afterall we aren't affraid of going out and winning not only t20s but also odis, because we don't have minnow mentality like some countries.

    Asnswering your third point.
    Once again i will advice you to ask your puny team to not bundle out to sub 100 score when you face india next, to atleast put up a fight, even though i knkw you are minnows and only capable of performing against your fellow minnows


    I am not surprised that you and your country men continue to bring that one win. Afterall you have been humilated by india in the last 10 years so much that your country was so desperate for even a single win that your country lost all the hope for a win.

    6-0
    And
    7-1
    Surely tells us the story of this generation of pakistanis for even a single win against india.

    But 11-0 the streak is still on and will continue to haunt not onky the presebt but also the future generation of pakistanis.

    Long live the streak.
    If you are talking about Pakistanís #1 Test ranking, than they accumulated it with very good series victories under Misbahís tenure. Letís take a look.

    1-1 against SA
    1-0 in NZ
    1-1 against WI
    0-1 in SL (LOSS)
    1-1 in ZIM
    0-3 in SA (LOSS)
    1-1 against SL
    0-2 in SL (LOSS)
    2-0 against AUS
    1-1-1 against NZ
    1-0 against BD (where AUS and ENG have lost a test in recent years)
    2-1 in SL
    2-0 against ENG
    2-2 in ENG


    "Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,786
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubol123 View Post
    Two simple reasons.

    - Most teams don't field their full strength team for T20Is and use them as a platform to groom youngsters or provide opportunities for fringe players (See India's squad for recent tournament)
    - Pak has played insane number of games against WI and SL who hardly compete in this format. Both SL and WI team had players who were willing to play Pak in Pak rather than their best (even best of SL is hardly anything now). Pak also had a series against World XI, again against who were willing to play in pak rather than the best of world. All this adds up, nearly 9 Matches against WI and 6 more against SL and World XI. That is nearly 15 matches where they played against sub standard teams and some times almost a club level teams. The one credible team they ahve beaten is NZ and even they rested their best player for the final match
    We are fine t20 side and thats it.But its not a big acheivement unless we perform in other formats.Why are you so much concerned.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    How about plainty that we have been dishing out for the last 28 yrs in all key World Cup games?
    Only 3 of those have been consequential lol.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Now you are bringing in 80 and 90s records to help you. When an ODI team is currently ranked at 7. I would call that team as average or inconsistent.

    Windies won the champion trophy sometime back while they were at no 8 or 9. It’s not something new.

    To get to top three you need to play top cricket consistently. Pak was considered as one of the top teams in 90s, not because they won 91 WC, Infact they had an average team in that WC, it’s because they won more games than they lost throughout 90s, won many series.
    Well when you mentioned the WC stat, are you not including 80s and 90s matches? LOL!

    YOU are the one mocking Pakistan for being #7. I just reminded you #7 THRASHED #2 ODI team. Not only this, Pakistan battered India in their backyard in 2012 ODI series dubbed Anne-do. Remember that? Break down head to head every 10 years, Pakistan beats India.

    Pakistan has been consistent in beating India decade after decade. The stats prove this. No amount of pigeon holing (into a competition) will ever change this fact.

    No one here has claimed Pakistan is the BEST team in the world, the discussion/point was simple, don't need to play IPL, to be a success at T20. But no, you decided to bring up Pakistan's ODI ranking!

    Start thinking about something else, because next year, the WC streak comeback will no longer apply.


  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,786
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket23 View Post
    Yes pakistan was no1 team, because they were so scared of playing top teams that they have played most 80% of those series against minnows and continue to do so, the example is just the previous series.

    Aswering your second point, the last two t20 series we played out of our home, we won them, here goes your lie. You see, afterall we aren't affraid of going out and winning not only t20s but also odis, because we don't have minnow mentality like some countries.

    Asnswering your third point.
    Once again i will advice you to ask your puny team to not bundle out to sub 100 score when you face india next, to atleast put up a fight, even though i knkw you are minnows and only capable of performing against your fellow minnows


    I am not surprised that you and your country men continue to bring that one win. Afterall you have been humilated by india in the last 10 years so much that your country was so desperate for even a single win that your country lost all the hope for a win.

    6-0
    And
    7-1
    Surely tells us the story of this generation of pakistanis for even a single win against india.

    But 11-0 the streak is still on and will continue to haunt not onky the presebt but also the future generation of pakistanis.

    Long live the streak.
    Can you please check over all win loss ratio??????

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket23 View Post
    Awww, chickened out, as usual. You brought a single win after being humiliated by india for 10 years, that too a freaking champions trophy win, didn't you ?

    Unlike a minnow team who harp on one win, we are proud of the domination we have given to a freaking whole one generation of pakistanis and several generation of pakistani cricket team and will continue to make sure that when your next generation arrives they also continue to hear and get burden by this streak.

    Don't worry even if this streak breaks in the next year, this streak will continue haunt the peesent pakistani generation.

    Long live the streak.
    I love these sort of posters, once you know their Achilles heal, you own them. In this case , IPL.

    Pakistan humiliated by India in the past 10 years? Let's see.

    Anne-do ODI series IN INDIA - Pakistan beats India 2-1
    ASIA CUP win, and of course Lala's 2 sixes.
    CT 17 final. Hoi hoi hoi.

    Yes a humiliation for India. Proper pastings.

    I also love how he has the audacity to complain how Pakistan harp on about 1 win, when he keeps mentioning the streak which started in the 80s.

    Fair and lovely indeed!

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    19
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Well when you mentioned the WC stat, are you not including 80s and 90s matches? LOL!

    YOU are the one mocking Pakistan for being #7. I just reminded you #7 THRASHED #2 ODI team. Not only this, Pakistan battered India in their backyard in 2012 ODI series dubbed Anne-do. Remember that? Break down head to head every 10 years, Pakistan beats India.

    Pakistan has been consistent in beating India decade after decade. The stats prove this. No amount of pigeon holing (into a competition) will ever change this fact.

    No one here has claimed Pakistan is the BEST team in the world, the discussion/point was simple, don't need to play IPL, to be a success at T20. But no, you decided to bring up Pakistan's ODI ranking!

    Start thinking about something else, because next year, the WC streak comeback will no longer apply.

    Nah pakistani team needs to show some spine(which they don't have being a minnow) and start at least beating a top team in an odi game and not just bundle out for 84, before even thinking of beating india that too in a world cup match.



    Nah the streak isn't going anywhere, it is here to stay and allow your children to experience it.


  78. #78
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Well when you mentioned the WC stat, are you not including 80s and 90s matches? LOL!

    YOU are the one mocking Pakistan for being #7. I just reminded you #7 THRASHED #2 ODI team. Not only this, Pakistan battered India in their backyard in 2012 ODI series dubbed Anne-do. Remember that? Break down head to head every 10 years, Pakistan beats India.

    Pakistan has been consistent in beating India decade after decade. The stats prove this. No amount of pigeon holing (into a competition) will ever change this fact.

    No one here has claimed Pakistan is the BEST team in the world, the discussion/point was simple, don't need to play IPL, to be a success at T20. But no, you decided to bring up Pakistan's ODI ranking!

    Start thinking about something else, because next year, the WC streak comeback will no longer apply.

    Where did I bring WC history? That was the reply for baba about key games. You are mixing that with this. Lol.

    Here we are talking about current ranking and current team. Not sure why you brough5 overall head to head. Btw what do you mean by decade after decade? We have better record against your team in last two decades, including Win in all high profile games except the last one. Won more world cups, more champions trophies, won more test series.

    Read the post above and fin$ out why I brought in ODI ranking.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The delusion on here is unreal.

    Let's make it very clear Pakistan is number 1 in WT20 only for the following reasons:

    1. They have been bashing the likes of WI and SL

    2. Teams like Aus, SA, NZ, Eng, India and etc all play weaker teams and experiment with their players as we saw with India in the Asia Cup. For this reason alone this makes the T20Is ranking and Pakistan's number 1 ranking in it completely irrelevant.

    On a further note unfortunately it is only Pakistan that is backwards where they play their full strength team even against a WI C side, which is why other teams progressing. Can't believe how other Pakistan fans on here can't see this?!

    Pakistan fans need to calm down because this is embarrassing and in 2 years time when the next WT20 gets played, chances are Pakistan is going to get a reality check and this thread will turn into a humiliation.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 4th April 2018 at 20:17.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    I love these sort of posters, once you know their Achilles heal, you own them. In this case , IPL.

    Pakistan humiliated by India in the past 10 years? Let's see.

    Anne-do ODI series IN INDIA - Pakistan beats India 2-1
    ASIA CUP win, and of course Lala's 2 sixes.
    CT 17 final. Hoi hoi hoi.

    Yes a humiliation for India. Proper pastings.

    I also love how he has the audacity to complain how Pakistan harp on about 1 win, when he keeps mentioning the streak which started in the 80s.

    Fair and lovely indeed!
    How about losing rest of the games? Did you check th3 record fo4 this decade? Did you see we hav3 won a World Cup in this decade. Last time you won WC was 28 yrs ago, before many of the folks here were born.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •