Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 189 of 189
  1. #161
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad reality is that IPL will always remain the preeminent league simply because it's the only one that has a dedicated window in the FTP. Which means that all the top players will be available during the time it is played. As a corollary the remaining months of the year will have more packed cricket in a 10 month instead of a 12 month period, which would make it even harder for other leagues to attract top international stars.

    Now this is obviously blatantly unfair, especially since India doesn't give NOC's to its players for other leagues. As always money speaks which is disappointing. And you can spot that in the matches where the presence of these stars definitely adds to the quality of cricket played. It's like the Bundesliga/Dutch League vs La Liga/Premier League.

    However, let me point out that if India had let Pakistani players play in the IPL, the PSL would never have come fruition. The combination of India's boycott of our cricket and this loss of revenue from the IPL, led to the creation of the PSL. Plus the PSL genuinely has a more noble goal at the heart of it, bringing cricket home to Pakistan, and giving our long-suffering fans our own tournament to be proud of.

    That's something that the glitz, glamour, money, stars and even quality of the IPL cannot match. And I'm proud of the PSL for that reason

  2. #162
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,325
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    bringing cricket home to Pakistan, and giving our long-suffering fans our own tournament to be proud of.

    That's something that the glitz, glamour, money, stars and even quality of the IPL cannot match. And I'm proud of the PSL for that reason
    Thats true of every T20 league in the world

    every T20 league is being played in their own country and their fans are proud of their leagues

  3. #163
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,357
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Plus the PSL genuinely has a more noble goal at the heart of it, bringing cricket home to Pakistan, and giving our long-suffering fans our own tournament to be proud of.

    That's something that the glitz, glamour, money, stars and even quality of the IPL cannot match. And I'm proud of the PSL for that reason
    Is that how they've sold the PSL to you

  4. #164
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In one word,

  5. #165
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t see that happening in this century Mr. Afridi . We’re light years ahead.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    Thats true of every T20 league in the world

    every T20 league is being played in their own country and their fans are proud of their leagues
    Well but not every country has their own viable league. Take the fiasco that SA faced with their Global T20 Tournament. The fact that despite Pakistan not hosting matches at home, the PSL has become an established tournament. That's impressive and something to be proud of whether you want to accept it or not. And that means that you have young talent from your own country that comes up, which Pakistan has benefited loads from.

    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Is that how they've sold the PSL to you
    What's there to laugh? Hasn't it worked? See it's arrogant gits like you who come here with your chip on your shoulder and try to talk smack about an honest tournament that has come up despite the odds. And I'm proud of the PSL for that. You deserve Pakistani fans rubbing your face in with CT final, not like an actual conversation/debate that I was actually trying to have.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,325
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Well but not every country has their own viable league. Take the fiasco that SA faced with their Global T20 Tournament. The fact that despite Pakistan not hosting matches at home, the PSL has become an established tournament. That's impressive and something to be proud of whether you want to accept it or not. And that means that you have young talent from your own country that comes up, which Pakistan has benefited loads from.
    Agreed!

  8. #168
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,357
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    What's there to laugh? Hasn't it worked? See it's arrogant gits like you who come here with your chip on your shoulder and try to talk smack about an honest tournament that has come up despite the odds. And I'm proud of the PSL for that. You deserve Pakistani fans rubbing your face in with CT final, not like an actual conversation/debate that I was actually trying to have.
    Calm down bud.

    I'm as interested in the PSL as I'm in the IPL (since the last few years). Probably a little more interested in the IPL as I catch highlights if Rohit, Virat or Dhoni do anything spectacular. I don't care a damn whether the PSL is a success or failure.

    I'm only interested in how they market these things. Well, actually, I'm not really interested but your statement caught my attention and I found it lolworthy. Apologies if you took it as some sort of insult at you or the PSL. What I find funny is if fans believe there is a noble intention to an out and out commercial event.

    If you take pride in your country's T20 league, good for you. But what's honest about the PSL as compared to other leagues. Please elaborate.
    Last edited by pillionrider; 8th April 2018 at 14:38.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    Calm down bud.

    I'm as interested in the PSL as I'm in the IPL (since the last few years). Probably a little more interested in the IPL as I catch highlights if Rohit, Virat or Dhoni do anything spectacular. I don't care a damn whether the PSL is a success or failure.

    I'm only interested in how they market these things. Well, actually, I'm not really interested but your statement caught my attention and I found it lolworthy. Apologies if you took it as some sort of insult at you or the PSL. What I find funny is if fans believe there is a noble intention to an out and out commercial event.

    If you take pride in your country's T20 league, good for you. But what's honest about the PSL as compared to other leagues. Please elaborate.
    It's not just purely commercial though. Like I'm the first to admit that India can blow us out of the water in how they market things and the kind of big names they can bring in. That's why the marketing for this year's IPL is best-vs-best or something.

    However the PSL has helped bring cricket back to the country. Holding last year's final in Pakistan was a huge step in convincing the World XI to come. As was holding 3 games this year, in convincing WI to come. It's maybe hard for you to understand as someone who has consistently seen International players come to your country, but it's different for us and the PSL has been incredibly important in that regard.

    And here I used the word honest in the sense of an 'honest' professional; someone doing well when the odds are stacked against him. Most of the marketing has been mainly towards getting Pakistanis on board.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,357
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I remain skeptical about everything else you replied with, this bit...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    It's maybe hard for you to understand as someone who has consistently seen International players come to your country, but it's different for us and the PSL has been incredibly important in that regard.
    ..made me feel something that I can vaguely trace as a good emotion and makes me want to wish well for what the PSL stands for fans like yourself

  11. #171
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,447
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    PSL must be held at a different time during the year. Cannot be held just before the IPL.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    692
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Well but not every country has their own viable league. Take the fiasco that SA faced with their Global T20 Tournament. The fact that despite Pakistan not hosting matches at home, the PSL has become an established tournament. That's impressive and something to be proud of whether you want to accept it or not. And that means that you have young talent from your own country that comes up, which Pakistan has benefited loads from.



    What's there to laugh? Hasn't it worked? See it's arrogant gits like you who come here with your chip on your shoulder and try to talk smack about an honest tournament that has come up despite the odds. And I'm proud of the PSL for that. You deserve Pakistani fans rubbing your face in with CT final, not like an actual conversation/debate that I was actually trying to have.
    Congrats for CT final win.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskash View Post
    Congrats for CT final win.
    Thank you! It was definitely a great moment for Pakistani cricket to perform on the big stage against India, especially when we had faltered quite a few times in the past few years.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the fall back option if they get upset with your response. That was the 1003rd time I was reminded about CT final.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,879
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL 1 which took place 11 years ago was better than PSL 3 which took place two weeks ago.

    Don't know if Afridi is prophesising 100 years ahead?

  16. #176
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    661
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    IPL 1 which took place 11 years ago was better than PSL 3 which took place two weeks ago.

    Don't know if Afridi is prophesising 100 years ahead?
    'Fridi was clever enough to only hint at an indeterminate time in future. Nobody can prove him wrong.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    6,778
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For that to happen, PCB will have to offer more money than the BCCI does to the top players in the world in order to lure them in playing for PSL over IPL. So in other words, PCB will have to get richer than BCCI. And the chances of that happening are .....


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  18. #178
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    176
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shokz1408 View Post
    And I hope you understand what I am saying. Fact is Pakistan are number 1 ranked T20 team in the world. PSL, thus has players from the best team in the world today. Opinions of fans will vary, and In my opinion it's the best T20 tournament going around.

    Now if you think Afridi can't be serious about PSL leaving IPL behind one day, well if you think about the tournament transitioning to more games at home over the next 2 years (with the intention of holding the whole tournament in Pakistan), bigger crowds, and more players are likely to play if we continue to have these successful tours. So, I consider it plausible that Afridi expects that in time it could leave IPL behind.
    The facts are that Pakistan has not played the most formidable opponents in T20 in a while and that has ballooned their ranking in that format. Look at ODI and Test ranking that paints a truer picture of where our team stands compared to the rest of the world.

    PSL is playing a big part in helping Pakistan get back on it's feat to certain extent and helping discover and nurture the youth of our country and there is no doubt about that. The fact that our domestic players are getting a chance to mingle with International cricketers and coaches and learning all the new tricks of the trade on terms of how players are suppose to train, how to take care of their body, how much time are they suppose to spend in the nets working on certain aspect on of their game or their technique, how to correctly read and react to certain situations in a game and many other things of that nature.

    However, it is completely disillusion and a clear case of getting carried away when you start even comparing PSL to IPL. IPL currently spends close to 12 million USD per team so have the cream of the crop in the sport that shows up there to play. All the skills and tactics I mentioned above are operating on steroids in comparison to PSL with some of the brightest minds working behind the scenes for each team. IPL is doing great right now but it has the potential to grow even further with the expansion of more franchises just like the models used in NBA and NFL and the commissioners of those American Sports Leagues have already made numerous trips explaining the blue print to the organizers of IPL.

    Yes, PSL is doing great and I hope it does even better, but lets be honest and practical and not compare IPL like Afridi did in a jazbati moment.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,165
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zafarsyed View Post
    The facts are that Pakistan has not played the most formidable opponents in T20 in a while and that has ballooned their ranking in that format. Look at ODI and Test ranking that paints a truer picture of where our team stands compared to the rest of the world.
    This is a weak argument.

    How many Tests/ODIs do Pakistan play compared to other top rank teams?

    The argument works both ways, in that Pakistan will drop rankings if not enough games are played in the relevant format. Other teams will surpass based number of games played only - attrition!
    Last edited by R3verse Swing; 9th April 2018 at 16:11.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,404
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    This is a weak argument.

    How many Tests/ODIs do Pakistan play compared to other top rank teams?

    The argument works both ways, in that Pakistan will drop rankings if not enough games are played in the relevant format. Other teams will surpass based number of games played only - attrition!
    Your argument is weak too considering u didn't mention the results in the few games that Pak played. Test losses to low ranked SL didn't help much. There is not one team in the world that's winning tests abroad consistently. Once u start winning at home like in Misbah and Younis's era, your ranking will get better.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,165
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Your argument is weak too considering u didn't mention the results in the few games that Pak played. Test losses to low ranked SL didn't help much. There is not one team in the world that's winning tests abroad consistently. Once u start winning at home like in Misbah and Younis's era, your ranking will get better.
    Rankings are based on past 3 year performances, not specifically the previous series etc. Yes losing to a lower ranked team doesn't help, but not playing enough Tests/ODIs doesn't help either and has more gravity. To suggest the ODI/Tests rankings paint a truer picture because of ONE test result, or because of lack of Test/ODI matches is a joke. Pakistan could win the next 10 Test series, but if other teams are playing 3 times as many tests, but winning even 50% of the matches, Pakistan will stay very much in the same spot.

    Also, A 2-0 loss to SL in Test simply means Pakistan didn't gain enough points, yet Pakistan inflicted a 5-0 ODI whitewash, and 3-0 whitewash in T20s in the same tour. Pakistan didn't jump much in the ODI/T20 rankings as much in the relevant rankings because points are weighted.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,404
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last edited by rhony; 9th April 2018 at 16:55.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,404
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Rankings are based on past 3 year performances, not specifically the previous series etc. Yes losing to a lower ranked team doesn't help, but not playing enough Tests/ODIs doesn't help either and has more gravity. To suggest the ODI/Tests rankings paint a truer picture because of ONE test result, or because of lack of Test/ODI matches is a joke. Pakistan could win the next 10 Test series, but if other teams are playing 3 times as many tests, but winning even 50% of the matches, Pakistan will stay very much in the same spot.

    Also, A 2-0 loss to SL in Test simply means Pakistan didn't gain enough points, yet Pakistan inflicted a 5-0 ODI whitewash, and 3-0 whitewash in T20s in the same tour. Pakistan didn't jump much in the ODI/T20 rankings as much in the relevant rankings because points are weighted.
    The rankings are based on 4 years of performance. The most recent results are given more weightage (1) compared to results from two years ago (0.5) . Also, the rating points are based on the opponent. If you lose against a lower ranked team, your rating points will go down considerbaly compared to when lost to a higher ranked team. The total games played will have an affect but wins and losses and more significantly recent ones and the type of the opponent dictate the ranking.

  24. #184
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    2,456
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not in our lifetime; PSL quality is below international standard not to mention the top players around the world are not even part of the setup.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    297
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahid Afridi will have to wait a few more years considering the lack of finances and sponsors
    @Savak

  26. #186
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    28,447
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navin View Post
    Shahid Afridi will have to wait a few more years considering the lack of finances and sponsors
    @Savak
    Don't think the psl can ever reach the IPL level. But can aim to try reach no 2 but that requires economic boom in Pakistan

  27. #187
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that PCB and PSL are struggling financially, the comments of the first page are hilarious.

    Beshtest league with the phastest bowlers.

    "We showed the Indians who's the Boss with a tweet".

    Choti choti khushyian of people with nothing to cheer for. LMAO.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    165
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read all the comments on page 1 and i am dying. Bettar qualitee of crickat 😂 and better phaast bowling.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    304
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lala can still get people talking lol


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •