Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Approaching his 100 at Lord's - amazing performance to totally thwart the England bowling attack.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what an innings

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Brilliant hundred. This is gonna be KL Rahul's series. I predicted this before the start of the series only.

Australia was Rishabh Pant's series and this can be one for KL Rahul if India can win this series too.

Debut
    Jan 2021
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Approaching his 100 at Lord's - amazing performance to totally thwart the England bowling attack.
    he was 22 NO in first 110 balls

then he hit 81 odd runs in next 100 balls without a single slog or out of book shot !!!

no one realised what super runrate he picked up !!

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really impressed. A proper test knock. What a tight defence and technique.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Brilliant hundred. This is gonna be KL Rahul's series. I predicted this before the start of the series only.

Australia was Rishabh Pant's series and this can be one for KL Rahul if India can win this series too.

If that happens I would want him as our wicketkeeper batsman in tests also.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    He will become captain of Indian team in tests after Kohli resigns from captaincy

Both KL and Pant proving their detractors wrong in last six months.

Last edited by Ab Fan; 13th August 2021 at 00:07.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    He's DA MAN.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    So you can drop Pant?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Finally he is doing justice to his talents.
    Probably the most talented batsman in India after Adam Gilchrist.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul reaches his sixth test century from 212 balls at Lord's.

Name:  kl.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  28.6 KB

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He will become captain of Indian team in tests after Kohli resigns from captaincy

Both KL and Pant proving their detractors wrong in last six months.

Kohli ain't going anywhere. Infact KL has helped Kohli come back to some sort of form in this match.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro...I dont want to pick on you always but do you even realize what you talking?

Do you understand how tough wicket keeping is in test matches? Its a specialized job.

Why would you play Rahul as a wicket keeper batsman in 5 day format?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    There comes a time when you have to just accept you were wrong and move on.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My prediction is that in the years to come a lot of us would go through the first few pages of this thread for cheap laughs.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL is doing now what Pant did to me in the Aus series: made me look beyond my biases and opened my eyes to their talent.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of his best knock if not the best. His 90 out of 189 vs Australia was very good too. But this is sublime.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharmaji View Post
    KL is doing now what Pant did to me in the Aus series: made me look beyond my biases and opened my eyes to their talent.
    This England series is going for KL the way Australia series went for Pant. If KL can help his team win the test series in England, it will be a great achievement for him.

Both KL and Pant have grown in stature and can prove their detractors wrong by cementing themselves as not only all-format players but also winning them test series in England and Australia, the latter is already achieved by Pant.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This England series is going for KL the way Australia series went for Pant. If KL can help his team win the test series in England, it will be a great achievement for him.

Both KL and Pant have grown in stature and can prove their detractors wrong by cementing themselves as not only all-format players but also winning them test series in England and Australia, the latter is already achieved by Pant.
    Good but this is assuming that India will win series first

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally this thread pay of. Slowly turning out to be Rahul to become man..

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Venue
    Wherever I live it's my land.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    559 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Got an achievement where legends couldn't get it.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul headlined India's dominance on Day 1 of the second Test versus England, at the iconic Lord's Cricket Ground, London on Thursday (August 12). The Indian opener had missed out on a century in the series opener, at Trent Bridge, Nottingham, but looked in his elements once again and played a classy and impressive knock on the opening day to take Virat Kohli-led India to 273-3 at stumps.

Rahul stitched an impressive 126-run stand for the opening wicket with Rohit Sharma, which was India's first-ever century opening partnership outside Asia since 2011. Following Rohit's dismissal on 83, Rahul switched gears and kept the scoreboard ticking with his immaculate timing whereas he didn't lose concentration and respected the good balls too. During his 117-run stand with skipper Kohli (42) for the third wicket, Rahul reached his 6th Test ton overall (3rd versus England).

While Rahul became India's third centurion as an opener at Lord's, he also joined former opener-turned-commentator Virender Sehwag in a special list. Both Sehwag and Rahul now have four Test tons outside Asia while playing as openers in whites. Sunil Gavaskar heads the list, with as many as 15 hundreds outside Asia.

The opening day of the Lord's Test started with Joe Root winning the toss as England decided to bowl first. Interestingly, Kohli & Co. also would've bowled first but ended the day on a high with 273 runs on board for the loss of 3 wickets only. Rohit-Rahul continued from where they'd left in the series opener and bettered their previous Test's opening stand (97). While Rohit missed out on a deserving ton, which could've been his first-ever outside home, Rahul has taken India to a strong position.

He, along with Rahane, Ravindra Jadeja and Rishabh Pant, will certainly aim to take India beyond the 450-run mark for the visitors to dictate terms from thereon in the second Test, of the five-match series.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...-on-day/798491

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sublime innings Rahul!

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India opener KL Rahul feels the legendary MS Dhoni, who is with the Indian side as a mentor for the T20 World Cup, can give any of the cricketers a run for their money. Rahul said that despite being on the other side of 40, the former skipper can hit the farthest sixes beating some of the muscular youngsters.

Dhoni has recently led Chennai Super Kings to a fourth IPL title and there is a chance that he would come back one last time in 2022 and play in front of his home crowd at the Chepauk.

"None of us are sure that IPL 2021 final was his last game," Rahul said during a Clubhouse session on 10 years of Red Bull Campus Cricket.

"I think Dhoni can give any of us stiff competition, he definitely is a guy who can hit the ball farthest, he is very strong and he is good (while running) between the wickets. He looks the fittest, it is good fun to have him," Rahul added.

Rahul, who is all set to open with Rohit Sharma in the T20 World Cup where India will start against Pakistan on Sunday, said that there couldn't have been a better "mentor" than Dhoni in what promises to be a tough journey.

"Obviously, MS Dhoni (being) back with the team feels amazing because we have played under him and we have looked towards him as a mentor even when he was our captain," he said.

The attacking right-hander who scored a scintillating fifty against England in India's first warm-up match said Dhoni's presence in the dressing room gives the entire team a sense of calmness.

"We loved having him in the dressing room when he was the captain. We loved the calmness. We have all looked up to him to help us out, to have him here is amazing.

"This gives us a sense of calmness, I have enjoyed spending time with him in the first two to three days and it has been a lot of fun. Looking forward to chewing his brain about cricket, captaincy and all things cricket," he added.

Rahul has been one of the most consistent T20 performers for India with astounding figures of 659, 593, 670, 626 in last four editions of IPL. He feels the IPL performance will give him confidence going into the World Cup.

"Playing consistently has helped me. The six-seven IPL games have helped us adapt to the conditions. The experience of playing in UAE last year helped me know what shots to play and will put me in good stead in preparing for the upcoming World Cup," said the opener.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really poor from the management and the player himself

He will be 30 in 4 months. Should have been at the peak of his career but still averages 35 and just 2300 runs to his name. Really bad for such a classy and modern player.

Averages 40+ just against one country (Windies), and 40+ just in India and Windies

He has to somehow take his average above 43 in next 2-3 years before his downfall starts (due to age)

Really disappointed tbh, expected him to be the next THE Indian player after Kohli and Rohit

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started really well, 2 brilliant innings in first 3 innings, then 5 back to back failures

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy wasnít helped by the counties he played the matches in either

At Home (in India): 14

in SENA: 16 (After the series in South Africa he would have played 19 in SENA and 14 in India)

in WIN & SL: 10

Home & Away:
    14 at Home
    26 Away

Almost 63% of the matches Away (mostly SENA)

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Started really well, 2 brilliant innings in first 3 innings, then 5 back to back failures
    I have said it numerous times that KL Rahul lacks consistency and this is the reason his average in tests isn't good.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Him and Rohi were easily the reasons we are leading the series in England.

Opening in England is the toughest gig in world cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Him and Rohi were easily the reasons we are leading the series in England.

Opening in England is the toughest gig in world cricket.
    Rohit yes, Rahul not so much Iíd say. Player with 6 failures out of 8 canít be the reason for leading the series.

It is certainly, but problem with Rahul is he doesnít even average 40 in one country (except Windies), so itís not just England where he has failed
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 23rd November 2021 at 20:45.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rohit yes, Rahul not so much Iíd say. Player with 6 failures out of 8 canít be the reason for leading the series
    Last time also he failed in first 4 tests against England and then scored a hundred in the final inning of that series. We lost that match in the end.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But good thing for Rahul is that not everything is over yet. He still has some 4 years of good cricket left in him.

The sooner he starts converting the potential into runs the better. And anyone who has seen Rahul knows he is capable of it.

Now itís up to him to be able to do it

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rohit yes, Rahul not so much Iíd say. Player with 6 failures out of 8 canít be the reason for leading the series.
    I don't think you watched the series. The English commentators were praising the Indian openers as one of the main reasons India did so well in the series, unlike the England openers who struggled to put on a partnership.

Sometimes it's not only about scoring centuries. Opening is easily the toughest position in test cricket and there are a lot of times when an opener might not have scored a century or even a 50, but if he stayed at the crease for at least 20 overs, that would protect the middle order from being exposed to the new ball. I'll give you an example, Vihari I think scored just 20 runs in the 2018 boxing day test when he was promoted as a stand in opener. But he batted for the most part of first session and that partnership with Agarwal was hugely helpful to India winning that test. Yes, Pujara scored the bulk of the runs and Bumrah got the wickets, but that solid start in the opening of that test shaped the rest of the test.

Rahul didn't get a fifty in the Oval test, but he batted with Rohit for 33 overs in the second innings while facing a deficit of hundred runs in the first innings, that stand was hugely helpful for India winning that test. Cricinfo scorecards won't tell you these things. You have to actually watch the matches to catch these small but important bits of information in Test cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    I don't think you watched the series. The English commentators were praising the Indian openers as one of the main reasons India did so well in the series, unlike the England openers who struggled to put on a partnership.

Sometimes it's not only about scoring centuries. Opening is easily the toughest position in test cricket and there are a lot of times when an opener might not have scored a century or even a 50, but if he stayed at the crease for at least 20 overs, that would protect the middle order from being exposed to the new ball. I'll give you an example, Vihari I think scored just 20 runs in the 2018 boxing day test when he was promoted as a stand in opener. But he batted for the most part of first session and that partnership with Agarwal was hugely helpful to India winning that test. Yes, Pujara scored the bulk of the runs and Bumrah got the wickets, but that solid start in the opening of that test shaped the rest of the test.

Rahul didn't get a fifty in the Oval test, but he batted with Rohit for 33 overs in the second innings while facing a deficit of hundred runs in the first innings, that stand was hugely helpful for India winning that test. Cricinfo scorecards won't tell you these things. You have to actually watch the matches to catch these small but important bits of information in Test cricket.
    No one watches full one day of a test match let alone full match smh. Donít tell me U did. Rahul played really well but in first 2 matches, and two good innings cannot be credited for leading the series. Out of 2 innings he played 1 inning was in a drawn match.

But yes if u feel weíre leading in the series coz of Rahul, I respect your opinion. For me it isnít the case

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one watches full one day of a test match let alone full match smh. Donít tell me U did. Rahul played really well but in first 2 matches, and two good innings cannot be credited for leading the series. Out of 2 innings he played 1 inning was in a drawn match.

But yes if u feel weíre leading in the series coz of Rahul, I respect your opinion. For me it isnít the case
    You donít need to watch full day test cricket to know the importance of staying in the crease for longer time in Test Cricket especially in England where the new ball swings a lot.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    You donít need to watch full day test cricket to know the importance of staying in the crease for longer time in Test Cricket especially in England where the new ball swings a lot.
    I never said otherwise. Rahul did it in two innings out of which one innings was in a drawn match. Again itís not just England, he averages less than 40 in every country and against every country apart from West Indies

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I never said otherwise. Rahul did it in two innings out of which one innings was in a drawn match. Again itís not just England, he averages less than 40 in every country and against every country apart from West Indies
    He was very good in England as opener. Now, need to wait to watch him how he performs in the next series rather than going hard on him.

The version in 2017-18 had massive dip which messed up his stats, before that he was averaging in 40s. He went to England and played with clear mind, got the result as expected. Now, here he has got injured, that has no solution. But I am convinced that he is here for a long run now.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was very good in England as opener. Now, need to wait to watch him how he performs in the next series rather than going hard on him.

The version in 2017-18 had massive dip which messed up his stats, before that he was averaging in 40s. He went to England and played with clear mind, got the result as expected. Now, here he has got injured, that has no solution. But I am convinced that he is here for a long run now.
    I am not being hard on him. He improved a lot in the England series. But what I donít like is people trying to force their opinion on me that he had a successful series when he had 6 failures out of 8 in the England series. He surely didnít get results as expected.

But yes I expect him to do well in SA as he is much better against bounce than against swing and seam.

He does have time on his side so thatís good for him and I do expect a player like him to do well. But until now he isnít the player which we expected him to be

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not being hard on him. He improved a lot in the England series. But what I donít like is people trying to force their opinion on me that he had a successful series when he had 6 failures out of 8 in the England series. He surely didnít get results as expected.

But yes I expect him to do well in SA as he is much better against bounce than against swing and seam.

He does have time on his side so thatís good for him and I do expect a player like him to do well. But until now he isnít the player which we expected him to be
    He averages 40+ as opener in England in that series. So definitely it is a successful series. Rohit was the best batsman on show though and if you make a combined team of both sides, Rahul will be his opening partner in that too.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He averages 40+ as opener in England in that series. So definitely it is a successful series. Rohit was the best batsman on show though and if you make a combined team of both sides, Rahul will be his opening partner in that too.
    May be as per u it is a successful series. 6 failure out of 8 is not a successful series for me

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he averages 39 tbh, not 40 PLUS. And u were saying this is gonna be his series. But my man had 6 failures out of 8
    Last edited by Kohli, The King of Chase; 24th November 2021 at 16:20.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    May be as per u it is a successful series. 6 failure out of 8 is not a successful series for me
    It isn't 6 failure, not sure what logic you are applying.

He was the third best batsman in that series after Joe Root and Rohit Sharma.

It is like saying that Kohli's 2018 tour to Australia was failure with bat because he wasn't the best batsman in that series lol.

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When he is on, he is a gadzillion rupees, problem is he is too inconsistent.
    Always fun to watch, i feel he has a problem in front foot shots where he does not bend his front left knee enough when going thru the shot. Or he does not bend enough when playing back foot shots, remains a bit upright. On the occasions when he scored lots - if you notice - he did both.
    end of the day - i'd always watch him - a pity he is injured for the nz series.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't 6 failure, not sure what logic you are applying.

He was the third best batsman in that series after Joe Root and Rohit Sharma.

It means nothing. Just because English batters were utterly poor doesnít mean Rahul had a successful series.

But yes, if you think a player who had 6 failures out of 8 innings and averaged 39 had a successful series, hats off to u. I respect u standards but do not force it on me.

To me it was a not so good series for Rahul

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It means nothing. Just because English batters were utterly poor doesnít mean Rahul had a successful series.

But yes, if you think a player who had 6 failures out of 8 innings and averaged 39 had a successful series, hats off to u. I respect u standards but do not force it on me.

To me it was a not so good series for Rahul
    Good to note that you consider Kohli's series in Australia 2018 as failure too. Hats off to u..you really have high standards

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to note that you consider Kohli's series in Australia 2018 as failure too. Hats off to u..you really have high standards
    Of course it was lol. I am not a hypocrite to have one standard for some and other for some. The fact that you had to bring Kohlis stats from years back showed u have no argument lol

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Of course it was lol. I am not a hypocrite to have one standard for some and other for some. The fact that you had to bring Kohlis stats from years back showed u have no argument lol
    No, it was not a failure.

An average of 39/40 with 0 not outs is not a failure as noted in KL Rahul's case. Also, his 100 helped us win the Lord's Test.

Neither was Kohli's series in Australia a failure. He got a quality hundred in one of the tests and some more starts. It was a good series.

KL's series in England was marginally better than Kohli's in Australia 2018 though because he was opener, his hundred was a match winning one in Lords and his 80 was in extreme bowling friendly conditions in first test.

I get you are not hypocrite but you are clearly being harsh on players if you think an average close to 40 with zero not outs for an opener in England conditions is a failure.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 24th November 2021 at 22:02.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it was not a failure.

An average of 39/40 with 0 not outs is not a failure as noted in KL Rahul's case. Also, his 100 helped us win the Lord's Test.

Neither was Kohli's series in Australia a failure. He got a quality hundred in one of the tests and some more starts. It was a good series.

KL's series in England was marginally better than Kohli's in Australia 2018 though because he was opener, his hundred was a match winning one in Lords and his 80 was in extreme bowling friendly conditions in first test.

I get you are not hypocrite but you are clearly being harsh on players if you think an average close to 40 with zero not outs for an opener in England conditions is a failure.
    I never said it was a failure of a tour, it wasnít a good either. The reason why I donít go with averages is Iíll give u an example

Younis Khan averaged close to 50 in England in 2016, and even single handedly won the 4th test match

And in terms of total runs was just below the duo of Root and Cook (and few runs below Bairstow) and the top run scorer from Pakistan.

But as much as he did help winning the match and also levelling the series, Iíd still call that series a total failure. Coz he failed in 6 innings out of 7.

No way did Rahul have a failure of a series but it wasnít a successful one either. Yes, had it been his first series in England Iíd have called it a success but it was his second test tour in 3 years.

But since thereís one more match left, letís see if he can score a century or a 50 and a 40+, the series would surely be a successful one, and he is surely capable of it

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The IPL franchises have until November 30 to decide on the players they want to retain and release before the IPL 2022 mega auction. Since there is no Right to Match (RTM) card this time, a franchise will not be able to retain a player if it releases him once. While none of the IPL franchises has released their final list yet, multiple reports have confirmed that KL Rahul has parted ways with Punjab Kings (PBKS).

Though the chances of him going back into the auction are bleak as the two new IPL teams will aim to get his services. As per the rules, the two new franchises will be allowed to pick 3 players each before the mega auction.

Before the last date to submit the list of retained players, a report has suggested that the chances of Rahul moving to the Lucknow-based team are highly likely. The Insidesport.in has reported that the Lucknow-based team has offered Rahul a sum of more than Rs 20 crore. India' T20I vice-captain had a salary of Rs 11 crore at PBKS. He has been reportedly offered a hike of Rs 9 crore.

Should he decide to stay at PBKS, Rahul can earn a maximum of Rs 16 crore. Rahul has emerged as the best opener in IPL since 2018 and scored 659, 593, 670 and 626 runs in the past 4 seasons, respectively.

The RPSG Group had bought the Lucknow-based IPL team for a mega amount of Rs 7090 crore. The report in Insidesport.in adds that the franchise has extended the sum of Rs 16 crore to Rashid Khan. The Sunrisers Hyderabad leg-spinner had been retained by the franchise via RTM card for Rs 9 crore in 2018. He might be SRH's 2nd choice retention and can earn a maximum of Rs 12 crore.

While Rahul looks set to move on from PBKS, there has been no word on Rashid's future at SRH yet.

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/...-report/836166