KL Rahul | It is time to become the man - Page 2


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 834
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    10,040
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Shown the door lol.

    Stop being kiddish. Hes not going anywhere
    He better tighten up his technique or he'll go the Rohit Sharma way in tests.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    3,199
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If i were a betting guy, I would punt $$ on Rahul scoring 50+ today. I have a good feeling about this.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    10,040
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Shown the door lol.

    Stop being kiddish. Hes not going anywhere
    Another failure. Till when are we gonna overlook Shaw?

  4. #84
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    2,094
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post
    If i were a betting guy, I would punt $$ on Rahul scoring 50+ today. I have a good feeling about this.
    Spider-sense fail.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,512
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taareekh pe Taareekh, taareekh pe Taareekh....

  6. #86
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Pahad
    Runs
    2,094
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul, Umar Akmal, Amir, Kambli etc should start their own International Tailunt League. The ATGs who never arrived.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,905
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give him complete series.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,515
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara looks set for a single digit score today

  9. #89
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,512
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 more chances left for him, I reckon.

    Better get a hundred or, atleast a fifty to hang onto his place.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,931
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Give him complete series.
    he is not special looks like just a decent cricketer who will perform well at home but will fail away against top team more often than not

    against SA
    2 Matches : 30 runs average 7

    against eng
    7 inning 113 runs average 16

  11. #91
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Would love to hear SIF's views on Rahul. He has been his biggest supporter so far.
    Before the series started, I expressed concern about the tightness of his game. Felt if he was tight, he could score runs in England.

    Sadly he wasn't that tight but the bigger issue is that he has developed a technical weakness in his game which makes him a sitting duck against incoming deliveries. Even straight ones.

    When such things happen, one's performance in a series suffers (case in point Kohli in 2014 England and Ashwin in 2012 India).

    Rahul's job is to go back to the drawing board and iron out the errors like other good players do. When he does, he will score bucket load of runs all over the world.

    This is the biggest test in Rahul's career. It's a test of his mindset more than skills. I am personally very disappointed that he hadn't worked on these issues after the SA series but let's see what happens now.

    I am 100% sure he ain't no Rohit Sharma.

    What he needs to do is be HONEST with himself. Acceptance is the first step to recovery and Rahul must accept that right now he sucks. The moment he accepts his flaws, chances are he will work on them and become the cricketer he can become.

    I am interested to see his approach in the next 12 months. It will speak volumes about him.

    As they say, at the end of the day, cricket is 80% mental and 20% skills. The fittest survive. Rest fade away.

    ---

    Still there are 3 more innings. While I don't believe he will sort out his issues in such a short period of time, he could chip in with useful knocks on flatter tracks. Let's see.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,271
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, SIF. That was quite honest appraisal of Rahul's current state.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    10,040
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Before the series started, I expressed concern about the tightness of his game. Felt if he was tight, he could score runs in England.

    Sadly he wasn't that tight but the bigger issue is that he has developed a technical weakness in his game which makes him a sitting duck against incoming deliveries. Even straight ones.

    When such things happen, one's performance in a series suffers (case in point Kohli in 2014 England and Ashwin in 2012 India).

    Rahul's job is to go back to the drawing board and iron out the errors like other good players do. When he does, he will score bucket load of runs all over the world.

    This is the biggest test in Rahul's career. It's a test of his mindset more than skills. I am personally very disappointed that he hadn't worked on these issues after the SA series but let's see what happens now.

    I am 100% sure he ain't no Rohit Sharma.

    What he needs to do is be HONEST with himself. Acceptance is the first step to recovery and Rahul must accept that right now he sucks. The moment he accepts his flaws, chances are he will work on them and become the cricketer he can become.

    I am interested to see his approach in the next 12 months. It will speak volumes about him.

    As they say, at the end of the day, cricket is 80% mental and 20% skills. The fittest survive. Rest fade away.

    ---

    Still there are 3 more innings. While I don't believe he will sort out his issues in such a short period of time, he could chip in with useful knocks on flatter tracks. Let's see.
    Great Post! His head seems to be falling away when playing incoming deliveries. Root has a similar problem I think.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Great Post! His head seems to be falling away when playing incoming deliveries. Root has a similar problem I think.
    Incredible article analyzing Root's poor conversion rate and recent poor performance:

    http://cricviz.com/2018/08/cricviz-a...n-transformed/


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    175,014
    Mentioned
    2926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not happening for Mr Rahul at the moment


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #96
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not much he could do about the delivery.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,221
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr.Rahul has worse away stats in England than Mo Hafeez at the moment. Just let that sink in.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Kohli had an awful series in England last rime around too. Rahul's form was ruined by captain Kohli tinkering too much with his batting position. He is still BY FAR the most exciting batsman in the world when in form and makes anyone look Bobby at the other end.

    Bhaijaan.

    And always remember; in the end Bhaijaan always wins so bet against Rahul at your risk.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    https://sports.ndtv.com/england-vs-i...rolled-1910581

    Shameless.

    His Insta poses are a cringefest too.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 4th September 2018 at 21:36.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    https://sports.ndtv.com/england-vs-i...rolled-1910581

    Shameless.

    His Insta poses are a cringefest too.
    Seriously? You're gonna rag on him for wishing a teammate on his birthday?

    Don't you think this hate is becoming irrational now?

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Mr.Rahul has worse away stats in England than Mo Hafeez at the moment. Just let that sink in.
    This is Rahul's first tour of England. How many tours has Hafeez been on?

  22. #102
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    16,221
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    This is Rahul's first tour of England. How many tours has Hafeez been on?
    Two. I donít expect Rahul to do better in the second dig too. His technique is not good enough for test cricket right now.

    And nice to see Indian fans accomodating Rahulís performances by saying it was his first tours of England and South Africa. Shame the same courtesy wasnít extended to Babar Azam when he was mercilessly bashed for his failures against Australia last year.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    3,384
    Mentioned
    543 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul has been badly mismanaged by Kohli and Shastri. They should have given him a run as an opener in the test team. He has potential but needs the backing of his captain and management.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Seriously? You're gonna rag on him for wishing a teammate on his birthday?

    Don't you think this hate is becoming irrational now?
    No.

    Why does he need to wish Ishant in social media when he can do it in person in the team balcony?

    To show off.

    Social media brand building.

    That too minutes after defeat.

    And that's despicable considering he is one of the big series for the series loss.

    Umar Akmalesque stuff.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    11,271
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with SIF. Poor stuff from Rahul.

    Except for that T20 ton and some slip catches he has done nothing on this trip. Shaw should have been blooded in the last test, wonít have done any worse than show pony Rahul.

    I cringe at how these Kohli wannabes hog social media. At least Kohli has superlative performances to back his social media travails. What have these good for nothing guys have ever done?

  26. #106
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,551
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    No.

    Why does he need to wish Ishant in social media when he can do it in person in the team balcony?

    To show off.

    Social media brand building.

    That too minutes after defeat.

    And that's despicable considering he is one of the big series for the series loss.

    Umar Akmalesque stuff.
    +1

    He's had a pretty pathetic test tour and while no one is suggesting he goes and hides down a hole these attention seeking social media posts are pretty pathetic. You're in England to score some test match runs, not sell some hideous and overpriced jackets or likewise.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    937
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    No.

    Why does he need to wish Ishant in social media when he can do it in person in the team balcony?

    To show off.

    Social media brand building.

    That too minutes after defeat.

    And that's despicable considering he is one of the big series for the series loss.

    Umar Akmalesque stuff.
    Name:  grapes-2.jpg
Views: 1062
Size:  58.6 KB
    Hey now! Akmal is a bonafide social media ATG, long way before Kl and him can be in the same breath.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    National Stadium Karachi
    Runs
    12,858
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ton Up for KL Rahul at the Oval.

    Made his good start count.

  29. #109
    Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    424
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take that haters

  30. #110
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    4,229
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This style is best suited to him,Australia tour will decide his future.
    He is too talented to not be a regular member,needs to work on temperament.
    Asia cup will be important for his ODI career,hope he comes out with flying colours

  31. #111
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something to build on.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    19,058
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fair to say he would be better of batting at 5.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    5,206
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So one good innings after 10 failures? Take that haters YOUUUU. Yess, Rahul showed them.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    3,948
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    This style is best suited to him,Australia tour will decide his future.
    He is too talented to not be a regular member,needs to work on temperament.
    Asia cup will be important for his ODI career,hope he comes out with flying colours
    Also Australian tour! He should make the most of it. Short balls are not an issue for him, its the inswingers which were planned by English bowlers very well (an important plan to win the series). Unfortunately too many other things went round his head & team management's head (whom to drop, whom to play, etc, instead of working out on the issues of each player!)

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Greatest batting talent since Sachin.

    What a knock!

    What a guy!

    Welcome back to form Superahul!

  36. #116
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    15,551
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well played KL Rahul.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's starting to look more comfortable and confident at the crease. Surely he will kick on after this .

  38. #118
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    5,206
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Greatest batting talent since Sachin.

    What a knock!

    What a guy!

    Welcome back to form Superahul!
    The fact that Rahul's personality and performance in a dead rubber after failing 10 times mimics a beta type male, i feel the comparison with Sachin is appropriate.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    20,905
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There was a reason I sticked with the fact that he deserves more run.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    283
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a good inning and that's it, he will get his chances. Nothing to jump about, couldn't finish the game so..

  41. #121
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,803
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The fact that Rahul's personality and performance in a dead rubber after failing 10 times mimics a beta type male, i feel the comparison with Sachin is appropriate.
    There are no dead rubbers in test cricket with test championship coming.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    He keeps getting treated badly.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    1,343
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He keeps getting treated badly.
    While legubds like Kartik and Rayudu are still in playing xi.

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,776
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How is he not in the team even without Kohli who everyone was blaming for dropping him?

  45. #125
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    How is he not in the team even without Kohli who everyone was blaming for dropping him?
    Rohit is captain.

    He is competing with Rohit and Dhawan in ODI.

    Rayudu or KD can never open but this guy can.

    Also there is a Kohli-Dhoni nexus.

    You scratch my back, I scratch yours kinda deal.

    Dhoni is still playing T20Is.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  46. #126
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    4,776
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Rohit is captain.

    He is competing with Rohit and Dhawan in ODI.

    Rayudu or KD can never open but this guy can.

    Also there is a Kohli-Dhoni nexus.

    You scratch my back, I scratch yours kinda deal.

    Dhoni is still playing T20Is.
    Why isn't he replacing DK or Rayudu or anyone at all?

  47. #127
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    35,540
    Mentioned
    988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Why isn't he replacing DK or Rayudu or anyone at all?
    God knows.

    If IPL is the main criteria for selection, he has outperformed Rayudu there.

    If IPL is not the criteria, then Rayudu shouldn't even be in the squad.


    Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Most hyped but no substance - KL Rahul

    KL rahul

    Lot of indies here hype him as if he is the most talented batsman we have ever seen but unfortunately is just a very mediocre batsman to say the least who can not deliver on a big stage.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    816
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhawan View Post
    KL rahul

    Lot of indies here hype him as if he is the most talented batsman we have ever seen but unfortunately is just a very mediocre batsman to say the least who can not deliver on a big stage.
    Was being compared to Babar

  50. #130
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zain7077 View Post
    Was being compared to Babar

    for that he has to perform consistently like babar is doing on a big stage

  51. #131
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    15,250
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's t20. No one pays attention to it. As long as he performs in IPL, odi or test, he should be persist with.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Oct 2018
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rishabh Pant looks like that too.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Venue
    Stockholm
    Runs
    3,527
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India always loses its marbles against Aussies.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,119
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It's t20. No one pays attention to it. As long as he performs in IPL, odi or test, he should be persist with.
    He averages in 30's in both can't say that is anyway decent today.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iPakistani View Post
    Rishabh Pant looks like that too.

    he is only 20 so we can give him some time to flourish. This guy rahul must go.

  56. #136
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,495
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His mind is all over.... Needs to put in hard yards....

  57. #137
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    38,432
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some time away may do him some good.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It's t20. No one pays attention to it. As long as he performs in IPL, odi or test, he should be persist with.

    already persisted enough...time to go

  59. #139
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    341
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More about style and vanity and absolutely no performance.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravisurya View Post
    More about style and vanity and absolutely no performance.

    in the last few matches he hasn't even shown those qualities

  61. #141
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    20,241
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It's t20. No one pays attention to it. As long as he performs in IPL, odi or test, he should be persist with.
    May be you haven't watched any cricket after IPL. He did nothing in ODI's and Tests this year apart from that inning in the last test against England which we lost in the end. He has been given so many chances. Kohli even gave up his number 3 position for this guy yet he continues to play like a noob.

  62. #142
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he kinda freezes when it comes to international matches and his ipl efforts are rendered useless.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,649
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point, he is more of a South Indian quota selection.

  64. #144
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    21,349
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good player going through badform, can still be great.

    People are acting like he is some dud, i think he already has 8 international tons across all formats.

    In any other country he would be the great hope, its just due to the amount of batsmen that India have that we forget that he aint that bad at all


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  65. #145
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    711
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India needs to persist with him. I am quite confident that he is going to come good.

  66. #146
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    3,392
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes being away from the squad can do wonders, India is missing out a trick by not dropping many of the under-performing players, how else will the fire in the heart be lit? Gold has to be put to test in the furnace. Even Indian legends like Dravid, Ganguly, VVS, Sehwag, Zaheer etc benefited immensely after a stint away from national duties. Rahul is a really talented dude, a good mentor like Kumble/Dravid and team management vision can go a long way in extracting the best out of him. If it were up to me he would spend a full season in domestic cricket coupled with a stint in English FC.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 25th November 2018 at 20:39.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    19,664
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhawan View Post
    already persisted enough...time to go
    He has the best t20 stats of any Indian, what are you on about?

  68. #148
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    20,241
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    He has the best t20 stats of any Indian, what are you on about?
    What are you on about? Check Virat Kohli's T20 stats please.

  69. #149
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    1,495
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    What are you on about? Check Virat Kohli's T20 stats please.
    Overall point being that KL's stats are v good.... Being behind Kohli is not such a bad thing, whole world is !!!!!

  70. #150
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    55,251
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The hype about KL Rahul is real. He is without question THE greatest batting talent in the world currently. When he is on song he is a 'Batting God'. He is still learning to utilize his super strength and it is clearly visible that he is sometimes too good for his own self. What has not helped his morale and game is frequent tinkering with his batting position, role and even selection in the team. It is not just disgraceful but a huge crime and disservice to Indian cricket by Shastry & sons. This is a talent India must completely back for a ood year or so with fixed batting position and role and the role is of an opener in tests and #3 in LOIs. Once he gets an year of such baking he will deliver more consistently.

    Remember Rohit Sharma and Tendulkar were nobodies in LOIs till 70-80 matches. Give him some time.

    I'd rather give a lot of time to a MARK-V batting talent to get settled rather than let a mediocre accumulator have it. Indian cricket should be about striving for greatness.

  71. #151
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    8,613
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhawan View Post
    KL rahul

    Lot of indies here hype him as if he is the most talented batsman we have ever seen but unfortunately is just a very mediocre batsman to say the least who can not deliver on a big stage.
    He was the second highest run scorer in the last edition of IPL (or maybe the one before it). He is in line for multi million dollar contracts in future IPL seasons due to his ability as a player, and he probably doesn't care a whole lot about what critics say.

  72. #152
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    20,241
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leg-side-flick View Post
    Overall point being that KL's stats are v good.... Being behind Kohli is not such a bad thing, whole world is !!!!!
    Current form matters or not? Overall Dhoni's ODI stats are also good does that mean he shouldn't be dropped now?

  73. #153
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    20,241
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    He was the second highest run scorer in the last edition of IPL (or maybe the one before it). He is in line for multi million dollar contracts in future IPL seasons due to his ability as a player, and he probably doesn't care a whole lot about what critics say.
    Sir, we are talking about his performances in international cricket in the past few months. This is the third time I am reading the same stuff from you like 'he doesn't care about what critics say, he has money blah blah'. And you always bring his millions and contracts when you have nothing to show as far as his performance on the field is concerned.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th November 2018 at 02:17.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Sir, we are talking about his performances in international cricket in the past few months. This is the third time I am reading the same stuff from you like 'he doesn't care about what critics say, he has money blah blah'. And you always bring his millions and contracts when you have nothing to show as far as his performance on the field is concerned. Are you his accountant or what?
    He is not going to succeed in middle order
    One of the worst soft minded and lack of emoton batsman

  75. #155
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    He was the second highest run scorer in the last edition of IPL (or maybe the one before it). He is in line for multi million dollar contracts in future IPL seasons due to his ability as a player, and he probably doesn't care a whole lot about what critics say.
    He is a good batsman but he is insecure and he will never going to succeed in middle order

  76. #156
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    12,420
    Mentioned
    3137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    why start a new thread.. there's already enough Rahul thread... Talented or not he should be dropped and it'll actually help him a lot free his mind and concentrate on his skill set..


    subhan allh walhamdullh w la ailh ailaa allh w allh aakbar
    Loose Cannons CC | PPCL 2020 Season 1 FC CHAMPIONS | #CannonsFire

  77. #157
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    20,241
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    why start a new thread.. there's already enough Rahul thread... Talented or not he should be dropped and it'll actually help him a lot free his mind and concentrate on his skill set..
    Exactly. He need a kick on his backside at the moment. Should have been dropped for West Indies series as well after that poor England tour. If he has it in him he can always make a comeback. It's not that we have so many talented batsmen coming up that he can't reclaim his spot in the team.

  78. #158
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps he needs an Akmal vs Rahul thread

  79. #159
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul is far more naturally talented than Kohli. He reminds me of the raw natural talent that Rohit had in his early years.

    He is going through a rough patch this year so people are coming out of their sheds to kick the man when he is down.

    But I can bet my life on this: he will end his career as one of India's finest batsmen. Anyone who cannot see the talent in this guy is wasting their time on cricket.

    And as far as comparisons with Babar Azam is concerned - KL is a good 2-3 notches above him. As bad as Rahul's form has been this year, let's not forget that KL already has 5 test centuries all across the world (India, Australia, England, WI and SL) while Babar scored his first test century just a few hours ago.

  80. #160
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,760
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    KL Rahul is far more naturally talented than Kohli. He reminds me of the raw natural talent that Rohit had in his early years.

    He is going through a rough patch this year so people are coming out of their sheds to kick the man when he is down.

    But I can bet my life on this: he will end his career as one of India's finest batsmen. Anyone who cannot see the talent in this guy is wasting their time on cricket.

    And as far as comparisons with Babar Azam is concerned - KL is a good 2-3 notches above him. As bad as Rahul's form has been this year, let's not forget that KL already has 5 test centuries all across the world (India, Australia, England, WI and SL) while Babar scored his first test century just a few hours ago.
    What nonsense is this?


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •