Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 631
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    7,201
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What nonsense is this?
    Some of his shots look better.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,803
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lokesh Rahul will be a late bloomer like Rohit Sharma. Remember Sharma was rubbish for 1st 6 years and then turn into beast since 2013. Rahul, will reap benefits for us in long term and once he picks momentum, he will score a lot. I think 2023 WC at home we will get to see real Rahul in beast mode.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Irrespective of how good KL Rahul is, he needs to be "rested". He has got enough opportunities, it's time for him to go back to his domestic team and prove his credibility.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What nonsense is this?
    I'm calling it like I see it.

    To me, Kohli is the most polished batsman ever. But he doesn't have a natural gift for batsmanship. His natural gift is his strength of mind.

    As pure batting talent, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul are better than Kohli.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    5,765
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    May be his focus is IPL (just like Hardik Pandya). A lot of these guys are talented but do they really give a damn when they fail at international level?

  6. #166
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    Irrespective of how good KL Rahul is, he needs to be "rested". He has got enough opportunities, it's time for him to go back to his domestic team and prove his credibility.
    Totally disagree. If anything this is the time he needs to be supported more.

    2015, 2016 & 2017. 3 years from the time he debuted, KL has given consistently excellent performances for his team. And against big oppositions.

    Every player, at some point in his career will face a slump in form. This is KL's first slump in 4 years of international cricket. There is no reason to be so extreme as to drop him.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    1,570
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Totally disagree. If anything this is the time he needs to be supported more.

    2015, 2016 & 2017. 3 years from the time he debuted, KL has given consistently excellent performances for his team. And against big oppositions.

    Every player, at some point in his career will face a slump in form. This is KL's first slump in 4 years of international cricket. There is no reason to be so extreme as to drop him.

    BCCI needs to be fair to other young cricketers who are consistently performing in domestic circuits and India A team.

  8. #168
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    10,598
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I'm calling it like I see it.

    To me, Kohli is the most polished batsman ever. But he doesn't have a natural gift for batsmanship. His natural gift is his strength of mind.

    As pure batting talent, Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul are better than Kohli.
    What is this natural gift of batsmanship?

    Rohit is a joke. Can't bat against quality bowling or the moving ball, pure batting talent, my foot.

    Rahul is no different from Kohli in that he relies on timing and technique. A lot of his shots he learned from watching Kohli. What Rahul has over Kohli is leverage so he gets better extension thus a bit more power behind his shots. Whereas Kohli has the edge on wrist-work, he can work the finest of angles. Rahul is more of a straight-line batsman.

    For example, if Rahul can hit a shot at 45 degrees, Kohli can manipulate at 35, 40, 50, 55 at will. That is pure batsmanship. This is not something you can teach.

    Neither are stand and deliver types like a Sehwag or Gilchrist. Those guys are the ones with immense natural ability because they're solely relying on their hand-eye coordination.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    7,708
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What is this natural gift of batsmanship?

    Rohit is a joke. Can't bat against quality bowling or the moving ball, pure batting talent, my foot.

    Rahul is no different from Kohli in that he relies on timing and technique. A lot of his shots he learned from watching Kohli. What Rahul has over Kohli is leverage so he gets better extension thus a bit more power behind his shots. Whereas Kohli has the edge on wrist-work, he can work the finest of angles. Rahul is more of a straight-line batsman.

    For example, if Rahul can hit a shot at 45 degrees, Kohli can manipulate at 35, 40, 50, 55 at will. That is pure batsmanship. This is not something you can teach.

    Neither are stand and deliver types like a Sehwag or Gilchrist. Those guys are the ones with immense natural ability because they're solely relying on their hand-eye coordination.
    Rohit is a good player and has scored runs everywhere in LOIs. He isn't a Test batter and sometimes that happens. Michael Bevan, legendary LOI batter with a FC average of 57 could not cut it in Tests. Does not make him a bad batsman as he scored runs in all conditions in ODIs against Best of bowlers. Some people aren't just cut out for the format.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Totally disagree. If anything this is the time he needs to be supported more.

    2015, 2016 & 2017. 3 years from the time he debuted, KL has given consistently excellent performances for his team. And against big oppositions.

    Every player, at some point in his career will face a slump in form. This is KL's first slump in 4 years of international cricket. There is no reason to be so extreme as to drop him.
    T20s are supposed to be his forte. But he struggled big time in the 2 games here. I thought he could claim for the ODI spot again through a T2O hundred like he did in Eng. He is not even scoring run a ball and looks very confused.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    T20s are supposed to be his forte. But he struggled big time in the 2 games here. I thought he could claim for the ODI spot again through a T2O hundred like he did in Eng. He is not even scoring run a ball and looks very confused.
    Not at all. He is a very recent convert to T20s.

    KL Rahul is very much your typical Indian cricketer who is a product of age-group and FC system.

    Personally, I feel a proper batsman cannot bat himself into form through T20 cricket. Because regaining form is very dependent on spending as much time in the middle as possible. And T20 doesn't afford that luxury.

    At the same time I'm pretty sure that even if he scored other T20 century in Australia, he would still be going to the WC as a reserve backup. Which is alright, I guess.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What is this natural gift of batsmanship?

    Rohit is a joke. Can't bat against quality bowling or the moving ball, pure batting talent, my foot.

    Rahul is no different from Kohli in that he relies on timing and technique. A lot of his shots he learned from watching Kohli. What Rahul has over Kohli is leverage so he gets better extension thus a bit more power behind his shots. Whereas Kohli has the edge on wrist-work, he can work the finest of angles. Rahul is more of a straight-line batsman.

    For example, if Rahul can hit a shot at 45 degrees, Kohli can manipulate at 35, 40, 50, 55 at will. That is pure batsmanship. This is not something you can teach.

    Neither are stand and deliver types like a Sehwag or Gilchrist. Those guys are the ones with immense natural ability because they're solely relying on their hand-eye coordination.
    Then you and I differ in how we view talent.

    "Talents", in my experience, are usually prodigies. Because talent is something that's innate. You hear about talents from a very young age. Like Rohit Sharma, whose name was making rounds early into his U-19 days. Same with KL Rahul. Same with Prithvi Shaw.

    Nobody was talking about Kohli until he won the u-19 WC.

    I think you are confusing talent with skills. Kohli is far more skillful than any batsman. And he has acquired that skill day after day and today he towers over everyone else.

    But in terms of raw ingredients, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Sehwag, ABD has/had more of it than Kohli.

    PS: this is not to say I'm putting Kohli down. Quite the opposite. Because talent is a matter of luck and genetics. Skill however, has to be earned through sheer hardwork and discipline. So what Kohli has achieved is even more admirable.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,330
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Talent means shirt if you are not scoring runs. What good is your talent when you can't prevent your team from getting dominated.

    If you think the player has the talent but for some reason is failing then drop him and make him play for the A team or get practice in domestic and gain form. And if he continues to fail at the international level, despite performing for the A team and in domestic, then you know you are dealing with Umar Akmal/Ahmed Shehzad.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Talent means shirt if you are not scoring runs. What good is your talent when you can't prevent your team from getting dominated.

    If you think the player has the talent but for some reason is failing then drop him and make him play for the A team or get practice in domestic and gain form. And if he continues to fail at the international level, despite performing for the A team and in domestic, then you know you are dealing with Umar Akmal/Ahmed Shehzad.
    India, in my memory has has only one UA type case in its cricketing history - Vinod Kambli.

    And I don't think we will ever see top batting talents ever going the "UA way" in India again. Because the system knows how to handle such players. We saw it with Sachin. Then we saw it with Sehwag and most recently with Rohit Sharma.

    The system works. So I'm not worried.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,323
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He will be fine. Is mentally messed up right now and that is visible in his body language on the field and when he is batting. A couple of good knocks will set him right.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasn't shown any level of consistency in tests and ODIs. Unfortunately, time is running up for him.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Hasn't shown any level of consistency in tests and ODIs. Unfortunately, time is running up for him.
    KL Rahul holds the world record for most consecutive 50+ scores in test cricket. (7 of those 9 scores of 50+ came against Australia). Hard to do that without being consistent.

    This year has been bad. No doubt. But look back at his first 3 years 2015-17. He averaged 60 in 2016 and 49 last year.

    To say that he has been inconsistent is a misrepresentation of facts.

    There is a difference between "inconsistency" and "bad form". If KL was inconsistent, he would be scoring runs in patches throughout his career. But that is not the case. He's just bombed one whole season. That's indicative of poor current form.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Nov 2018
    Runs
    492
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul doesnt have the luxury of time since alot of superb solid batting talent is coming through indian ranks. And after repeated failures across all formats, kohli and team management will be forced to drop rahul and make way for someone else like shaw or gill.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    6,828
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This guy is seriously very good but India have so many young upcoming batsmen coming through their ranks that his poor form will cost him his place temporarily. I think he will come good in future....highly impressed with his batting.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,562
    Mentioned
    485 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hyped same as Umer Akmal was. Just like Umer Akmal was being compared to Kolhi. Rahul is being compared to Babar. Two different scenarios here though


    If you Can Believe In Something, Than why not believe In Yourself.


  21. #181
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Rafay View Post
    Hyped same as Umer Akmal was. Just like Umer Akmal was being compared to Kolhi. Rahul is being compared to Babar. Two different scenarios here though
    Indian batsmen don't get "hyped". Because unlike Pakistani batsmen, sooner or later they all deliver on their promise.

    Indian pace bowlers are hyped sometimes. But not the batsmen.

    Also, KL despite having a bad 2018 is still a significantly better batsman than Babar Azam. To suggest that Babar - who finally after years scored his first test century is better than KL Rahul who has test hundreds in Australia, England, India, SL and WI is ludicrous to say the least. And even in T20s, KL has 2 extra gears as suggested by the difference in SR between these two.

  22. #182
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,543
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Sir, we are talking about his performances in international cricket in the past few months. This is the third time I am reading the same stuff from you like 'he doesn't care about what critics say, he has money blah blah'. And you always bring his millions and contracts when you have nothing to show as far as his performance on the field is concerned.

    Anyway, on topic. I agree with BVG... An expensive IPL Contract doesn't automatically mean you are a good player. There's plenty of duds in the T20 Leagues with big contracts and the latest PSL Draft just reinforces this! Rahul needs to be dropped as he is not performing like his hype suggests!


    Aanay do!

  23. #183
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    25,012
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Indian batsmen don't get "hyped". Because unlike Pakistani batsmen, sooner or later they all deliver on their promise.

    Indian pace bowlers are hyped sometimes. But not the batsmen.

    Also, KL despite having a bad 2018 is still a significantly better batsman than Babar Azam. To suggest that Babar - who finally after years scored his first test century is better than KL Rahul who has test hundreds in Australia, England, India, SL and WI is ludicrous to say the least. And even in T20s, KL has 2 extra gears as suggested by the difference in SR between these two.
    If Babar can replicate hundreds across the world then that would be amazing. Why the hate for Rahul? I dont really follow India much so have no real idea why he is despised. Surely you have to give someone time to bed in? So he had a poor tour of england. So what? many batsmen have poor tours of england. Just see inzi in 1992..Even if you have young batsmen breathing down his neck, why shouldnt he deserve a chance?

  24. #184
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Napa always brings Rahul's millions and his lifestyle into discussion. I don't think this has anything to do with his performances in international cricket. Rahul should be dropped now. Manish Pandey didn't get as many chances as Rahul, Karun Nair was dropped unfairly and even Rayudu has started to grab opportunities that are coming his way. This will put more pressure on KL Rahul. Don't think money can save him from this.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th November 2018 at 16:51.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,725
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    @Napa always brings Rahul's millions and his lifestyle into discussion. I don't think this has anything to do with his performances in international cricket. Rahul should be dropped now. Manish Pandey didn't get as many chances as Rahul, Karun Nair was dropped unfairly and even Rayudu has started to grab opportunities that are coming his way. This will put more pressure on KL Rahul. Don't think money can save him from this.
    The discussion is about Rahul as a cricket player. The point is that he is doing well in IPL, which happens to involve the game of cricket. And given that IPL pays loads of money, players take it seriously, and their performance in the IPL should be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th November 2018 at 16:52.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    The discussion is about Rahul as a cricket player. The point is that he is doing well in IPL, which happens to involve the game of cricket. And given that IPL pays loads of money, players take it seriously, and their performance in the IPL should be taken seriously.
    You are wrong. This discussion is about KL Rahul's international performances. Nobody cares about his IPL performances.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Not at all. He is a very recent convert to T20s.

    KL Rahul is very much your typical Indian cricketer who is a product of age-group and FC system.

    Personally, I feel a proper batsman cannot bat himself into form through T20 cricket. Because regaining form is very dependent on spending as much time in the middle as possible. And T20 doesn't afford that luxury.

    At the same time I'm pretty sure that even if he scored other T20 century in Australia, he would still be going to the WC as a reserve backup. Which is alright, I guess.
    My observation was based on his IPL exploits last year and there by securing a regular spot in T20s. He's not an automatic choice in ODIs. I was.strictly talking about LOIs so I'm not looking at tests either. The Rahul we usually see goes gungho with a few exquisite strokes and gets out on a million dollar shot. In this series I feel he batted timidly. In both the innings, he consumed more balls than his runs and was the reason for slowing down the momentum. He even lost his No.3 spot. Either he's out of confidence or is confused as to how to approach his innings.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are wrong. This discussion is about KL Rahul's international performances. Nobody cares about his IPL performances.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

    BVB, nowhere in the thread title or the OP does it say that this thread is exclusively about international performance.

    Having said that, obviously international performance is far more important a factor than IPL performances.

    @Napa

  29. #189
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,334
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    KL Rahul is far more naturally talented than Kohli. He reminds me of the raw natural talent that Rohit had in his early years.

    He is going through a rough patch this year so people are coming out of their sheds to kick the man when he is down.

    But I can bet my life on this: he will end his career as one of India's finest batsmen. Anyone who cannot see the talent in this guy is wasting their time on cricket.

    And as far as comparisons with Babar Azam is concerned - KL is a good 2-3 notches above him. As bad as Rahul's form has been this year, let's not forget that KL already has 5 test centuries all across the world (India, Australia, England, WI and SL) while Babar scored his first test century just a few hours ago.
    good 2-3 notches above please tell all of us so we can believe in your fantasy world

  30. #190
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,552
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not everybody is Kholi! He is doing fine for the potential he has.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    My observation was based on his IPL exploits last year and there by securing a regular spot in T20s. He's not an automatic choice in ODIs. I was.strictly talking about LOIs so I'm not looking at tests either. The Rahul we usually see goes gungho with a few exquisite strokes and gets out on a million dollar shot. In this series I feel he batted timidly. In both the innings, he consumed more balls than his runs and was the reason for slowing down the momentum. He even lost his No.3 spot. Either he's out of confidence or is confused as to how to approach his innings.
    I just want to talk a little bit about that bold part.

    Idk if you remember, but that description is exactly the words that were used for Rohit Sharma by all experts during his initial years.

    KL has been out of form all of 2018. But I bet you cannot find a single 4 or 6 that he has hit that doesn't look amazing.

    That's when you know that you have a special player on your hands - even when he is out of form, his stroke making still looks like a million bucks.


    Anyway, coming to your point. He clearly he looks nervous. And that is expected since he hasn't been scoring runs. You can't feel confident if you're not performing consistently.

    But anyway, I am not so worried about him. He is just too good a player to not get over this hump. And while I don't see him featuring regularly in the 2019 WC XI for India (given how he has no time left to adjust to the no 4 slot anymore), he will still be very important for India as a backup opener.

    But I fully expect Kl Rahul to be a huge presence in the Indian XI in the 2020 T20WC in Australia and the 2023 WC in India.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    good 2-3 notches above please tell all of us so we can believe in your fantasy world
    No thanks.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,334
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    No thanks.
    ofcourse you have nothing to backup with your premature statement

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    ofcourse you have nothing to backup with your premature statement
    I don't need to.

    KL's 5 test centuries (3 outside Asia) compared to Babar's 1 test century at home speaks for itself.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,334
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I don't need to.

    KL's 5 test centuries (3 outside Asia) compared to Babar's 1 test century at home speaks for itself.
    this particular stats you have mention proves rahul is 2-3 notches above?

  36. #196
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    this particular stats you have mention proves rahul is 2-3 notches above?
    It's not about the test centuries so much as it's about stroke making ability.

    Hand on heart, can you honestly say that Babar Azam can score 150 in a test in England against the quality of Anderson and Broad?

    Can you honestly say that Babar Azam is capable of scoring a century at SR of 215 against a top side?

    Because KL Rahul has already done both. And he got that century in England while he was in the middle of the worst form of his career. Think about that. Even at his worst, KL can produce an innings like that.

    That is why I said KL Rahul is 2-3 notches above Babaz. Because the impact that KL Rahul can have on a game is a lot more than what Babar is capable of. Babar Azam will be a great accumulator of runs. But he will never be able to change the whole complexion of match in a matter of minutes the way KL Rahul can.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 26th November 2018 at 16:26.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    7,334
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    It's not about the test centuries so much as it's about stroke making ability.

    Hand on heart, can you honestly say that Babar Azam can score 150 in a test in England against the quality of Anderson and Broad?

    Can you honestly say that Babar Azam is capable of scoring a century at SR of 215 against a top side?

    Because KL Rahul has already done both. And he got that century in England while he was in the middle of the worst form of his career. Think about that. Even at his worst, KL can produce an innings like that.

    That is why I said KL Rahul is 2-3 notches above Babaz. Because the impact that KL Rahul can have on a game is a lot more than what Babar is capable of. Babar Azam will be a great accumulator of runs. But he will never be able to change the whole complexion of match in a matter of minutes the way KL Rahul can.
    what stroke making ability the way you are protraying babar who has decent stroke play i can easily called rahul '' hack''

    what a ridiculous statement babar was on his way to score hundred against same bowling attack in test before injury force him to leave the inning btw that was in first test unlike rahul who failed in 3 test and than score a hundred in dead rubber

    he is 24 and still alot of time so yeah he can score it is not a big deal


    i would wait till what can he produce at his best because his worse seems better than his prime

    That is why I said KL Rahul is 2-3 notches above Babaz. Because the impact that KL Rahul can have on a game is a lot more than what Babar is capable of. Babar Azam will be a great accumulator of runs. But he will never be able to change the whole complexion of match in a matter of minutes the way KL Rahul can.

    it is your fantasy world which can only come true when rahul do some thing with his bat otherwise he won,t be taken seriously and respect like rohit,dhawan and kohli.i would suggest you to not comment on babar azam batting as you seems to be clueless

  38. #198
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,095
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why people are arguing over KL and Babar one averages 30 In tests the other 37, Rahul is bang average in Odi's and Babar is a guy who accumulates runs rarely producing something scintillating. It's basically choosing between two wannabes, let them achieve something before you want to do the whole who is better.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    It's not about the test centuries so much as it's about stroke making ability.

    Hand on heart, can you honestly say that Babar Azam can score 150 in a test in England against the quality of Anderson and Broad?

    Can you honestly say that Babar Azam is capable of scoring a century at SR of 215 against a top side?

    Because KL Rahul has already done both. And he got that century in England while he was in the middle of the worst form of his career. Think about that. Even at his worst, KL can produce an innings like that.

    That is why I said KL Rahul is 2-3 notches above Babaz. Because the impact that KL Rahul can have on a game is a lot more than what Babar is capable of. Babar Azam will be a great accumulator of runs. But he will never be able to change the whole complexion of match in a matter of minutes the way KL Rahul can.
    Bro , you deserve poster of the week award (if that exists) for unfathomably defending Rahul s failures .He needs to be dropped soon if he does not grab the opportunities (in plenty at The moment) that are being thrown to him and even you will witness too that being done by Indian management .

  40. #200
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    I don't get why people are arguing over KL and Babar one averages 30 In tests the other 37, Rahul is bang average in Odi's and Babar is a guy who accumulates runs rarely producing something scintillating. It's basically choosing between two wannabes, let them achieve something before you want to do the whole who is better.
    About tests , you are right . But kindly check baber s stats and rankings in shorter formats before posting ignorantly.

  41. #201
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,342
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wont be around much longer. India has better batsmen waiting in the wings, while the likes of Rayudu and Karthik have out-performed him.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,725
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are wrong. This discussion is about KL Rahul's international performances. Nobody cares about his IPL performances.
    Yeah, nobody cares about his IPL performances, yet he gets paid millions for those performances.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Yeah, nobody cares about his IPL performances, yet he gets paid millions for those performances.
    Well if Jaydev Unadkat can earn millions then why can't KL Rahul?


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  44. #204
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Well if Jaydev Unadkat can earn millions then why can't KL Rahul?
    Unadkat's price tag is a factor of a shortage of supply of Indian pacers in the IPL.

    Indian batsmen are a dime a dozen in the IPL. It's simple economics.

    Those two things cannot be compared at all.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    5,559
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stick with him and he will come good, there are a few problems as I see it currently:

    - He needs to be given a consistent run in a fixed position without fear of being sidelined.
    - He needs to develop some of Kohlis attitude and work ethic, talent can only get you so far.
    - After a few good knocks he will get his mojo back, adopting Rohits structure to his innings may help. Bat the first 30-50 balls and dont worry about his SR too much, his top gear is probably equal to Rohits.

    He just needs time to get his mind right


    "FATE RARELY CALLS UPON A MOMENT OF OUR CHOOSING" - Optimus Prime

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,306
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Yeah, nobody cares about his IPL performances, yet he gets paid millions for those performances.
    It's not about money. Nobody outside India rates Rahul. Same as nobody outside Pak rates Umar Akmal.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    It's not about money. Nobody outside India rates Rahul. Same as nobody outside Pak rates Umar Akmal.
    @the_outsider rates KL Rahul so you are wrong there.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,306
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    @the_outsider rates KL Rahul so you are wrong there.
    He's not Indian? I don't understand why any non-Indian would rate Rahul highly

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    I just want to talk a little bit about that bold part.

    Idk if you remember, but that description is exactly the words that were used for Rohit Sharma by all experts during his initial years.

    KL has been out of form all of 2018. But I bet you cannot find a single 4 or 6 that he has hit that doesn't look amazing.

    That's when you know that you have a special player on your hands - even when he is out of form, his stroke making still looks like a million bucks.


    Anyway, coming to your point. He clearly he looks nervous. And that is expected since he hasn't been scoring runs. You can't feel confident if you're not performing consistently.

    But anyway, I am not so worried about him. He is just too good a player to not get over this hump. And while I don't see him featuring regularly in the 2019 WC XI for India (given how he has no time left to adjust to the no 4 slot anymore), he will still be very important for India as a backup opener.

    But I fully expect Kl Rahul to be a huge presence in the Indian XI in the 2020 T20WC in Australia and the 2023 WC in India.
    Rohit had huge backing of Dhoni and then Kohli. I don't think Rahul enjoys the same privelege. If only he grabbed his chances at No.3 in ODIs in Eng when Kohli dropped himself to no 4. Would have been a dynamic lineup equivalent or better than England.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    6,725
    Mentioned
    464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Well if Jaydev Unadkat can earn millions then why can't KL Rahul?
    You really know the answer to that question, but you keep bringing Unadkat back into the discussion whenever IPL is mentioned.

    I will try one final time. Unadkat was paid millions because the scouting report was that he would achieve big things. When he did not, he did not get those contracts again.

    Not every pick turns out to be correct. You can't judge managers by one pick which turned out to be bad, like you can't judge Buffet by looking only at his stock picks that went wrong. That's how the real world works.

    IPL team managers are not stupid, they know a lot more about cricket than you do. If you think you know more than people who have had much more real experience than you have, you are simply delusional.
    Last edited by Napa; 26th November 2018 at 23:20.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You really know the answer to that question, but you keep bringing Unadkat back into the discussion whenever IPL is mentioned.

    I will try one final time. Unadkat was paid millions because the scouting report was that he would achieve big things. When he did not, he did not get those contracts again. IPL team managers are not stupid, they know a lot more about cricket than you do. If you think you know more than people who have had much more real experience than you have, you are simply delusional.
    Don't talk like @the_outsider now. When you have nothing left to say you people start quoting ex players, bank balance and their experience. It seems you have nothing else to say about KL Rahul's performance in international cricket now?

  52. #212
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Don't talk like @the_outsider now. When you have nothing left to say you people start quoting ex players, bank balance and their experience. It seems you have nothing else to say about KL Rahul's performance in international cricket now?
    Actually it's you who never has anything new to say.

    Someone once said that you're probably just some bitter guy who once got booted out of an IPL match and back then I found it funny. But maybe it's not so much "funny" as it's true.

    Plenty of people, including myself have given detailed explanation of why KL Rahul is still in the team.

    You think of yourself as some expert on cricket. But the more I rub shoulders with you the the more I realise just how superficial your posts are.

    Till date I have not seen a single analysis done by you in any of your post. All of it is just rants. I hate this I hate that.

    There are many posters here like @MMHS @Ab Fan @Hitman @Hasan123 @Mainul and many others who all often write posts that are insightful and interesting to read, regardless of which side of the debate I stand on.

    But so far I haven't seen a single post by you that even attempts to think deeply about the game. Every single post is just a reactionary rant that is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

    Probably because even you realise that you can't see better than that.

    Every post you write is intellectually more hollow than the worst Ekta Kapoor TV soap.


    Try to lift your standards if you can. Have something insightful, derailed and interesting to say for a change instead of your usual self-indulgent rant.
    Last edited by the_outsider; 27th November 2018 at 00:11.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,705
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What is this natural gift of batsmanship?

    Rohit is a joke. Can't bat against quality bowling or the moving ball, pure batting talent, my foot.

    Rahul is no different from Kohli in that he relies on timing and technique. A lot of his shots he learned from watching Kohli. What Rahul has over Kohli is leverage so he gets better extension thus a bit more power behind his shots. Whereas Kohli has the edge on wrist-work, he can work the finest of angles. Rahul is more of a straight-line batsman.

    For example, if Rahul can hit a shot at 45 degrees, Kohli can manipulate at 35, 40, 50, 55 at will. That is pure batsmanship. This is not something you can teach.

    Neither are stand and deliver types like a Sehwag or Gilchrist. Those guys are the ones with immense natural ability because they're solely relying on their hand-eye coordination.
    I mean sure Rohit is a FTB...but hes one helluva FTB


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  54. #214
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,095
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    About tests , you are right . But kindly check baber s stats and rankings in shorter formats before posting ignorantly.
    Would any non pakistani pick babar in their top 11 for LoI's currently, because i don't think they would. Stats don't matter much if there isn't much of a sample size to look at. Let him play a 100-150 ODI's before getting on hype train.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,330
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Would any non pakistani pick babar in their top 11 for LoI's currently, because i don't think they would. Stats don't matter much if there isn't much of a sample size to look at. Let him play a 100-150 ODI's before getting on hype train.
    Yes they would.

    Facts > Opinions

    Fact number 1: Babar is the best T20I batsman in the world (according to ICC not me)
    Fact number 2: Babar is in Top 5 in the ODI rankings
    Fact number 3: Babar has the highest average in Tests this year with 67, second best Kohli with 58.
    Fact number 4: Babar out performed one of the Fab 4, Williamson, in T20I, ODIs, and is Tests so far.

    How can you say no team would pick him?

  56. #216
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Yes they would.

    Facts > Opinions

    Fact number 1: Babar is the best T20I batsman in the world (according to ICC not me)
    Fact number 2: Babar is in Top 5 in the ODI rankings
    Fact number 3: Babar has the highest average in Tests this year with 67, second best Kohli with 58.
    Fact number 4: Babar out performed one of the Fab 4, Williamson, in T20I, ODIs, and is Tests so far.

    How can you say no team would pick him?
    I would take Babar in my ODI team despite his 30-something average this year, however averaging 59 on the mines in England and SA is way different from averaging 67 with 1 century and lots of not outs on lifeless UAE pitches.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Actually it's you who never has anything new to say.

    Someone once said that you're probably just some bitter guy who once got booted out of an IPL match and back then I found it funny. But maybe it's not so much "funny" as it's true.

    Plenty of people, including myself have given detailed explanation of why KL Rahul is still in the team.

    You think of yourself as some expert on cricket. But the more I rub shoulders with you the the more I realise just how superficial your posts are.

    Till date I have not seen a single analysis done by you in any of your post. All of it is just rants. I hate this I hate that.

    There are many posters here like @MMHS @Ab Fan @Hitman @Hasan123 @Mainul and many others who all often write posts that are insightful and interesting to read, regardless of which side of the debate I stand on.

    But so far I haven't seen a single post by you that even attempts to think deeply about the game. Every single post is just a reactionary rant that is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

    Probably because even you realise that you can't see better than that.

    Every post you write is intellectually more hollow than the worst Ekta Kapoor TV soap.


    Try to lift your standards if you can. Have something insightful, derailed and interesting to say for a change instead of your usual self-indulgent rant.
    Blah blah blah. It seems you have no shame left even after calling me names and getting your posts deleted. You should be the last one accusing others of derailing threads and a big LOL at your analysis. You add nothing to the topic other than repeating stuff said by ex cricketers like a parrot. All your posts have the same ingredients like 'you are not an expert, do you know better than team management blah blah blah'. If you think you have become an expert here by defending statements from ex cricketers then you are delusional.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  58. #218
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It seems KL Rahul fans are getting frustrated now after his poor performances and are trying their best to bring in other factors like his bank balance and his lifestyle. Guys don't lose hope KL Rahul is a good talent but he just needs a kick on his backside to wake him up. His fans and low level experts who likes to quote ex cricketers have nothing else to show currently so they are acting like 'khisyani billi khamba noche'.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    298
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Would any non pakistani pick babar in their top 11 for LoI's currently, because i don't think they would. Stats don't matter much if there isn't much of a sample size to look at. Let him play a 100-150 ODI's before getting on hype train.
    As this thread about Kl Rahul and Babar Azam so I would keep my conversation about them only . Babar would walk in every LOI team as a middle order batsman might be barring England . But Rahul would not get a seat in any top 5 LOI team , only in low ranked team like pak , Sl and bd he has a chance .

  60. #220
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    604
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    As this thread about Kl Rahul and Babar Azam so I would keep my conversation about them only . Babar would walk in every LOI team as a middle order batsman might be barring England . But Rahul would not get a seat in any top 5 LOI team , only in low ranked team like pak , Sl and bd he has a chance .
    I won't pick Babar in Indian odi team
    I rate him but feel he won't provide balance to the team
    Only place he can bat would be in top3 and i think we have the best top3 in the world
    If Kohli can bat at 4 then I would take him

  61. #221
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    As this thread about Kl Rahul and Babar Azam so I would keep my conversation about them only . Babar would walk in every LOI team as a middle order batsman might be barring England . But Rahul would not get a seat in any top 5 LOI team , only in low ranked team like pak , Sl and bd he has a chance .
    He needs to bat in top 3 so India and Eng are out of contention. He can't be a No.4 as he eats a lot of deliveries up front. He doesn't seem to have the ability to chase and that's another reason why he won't be in Eng, India

  62. #222
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    I won't pick Babar in Indian odi team
    I rate him but feel he won't provide balance to the team
    Only place he can bat would be in top3 and i think we have the best top3 in the world
    If Kohli can bat at 4 then I would take him
    How will he not provide balance? The dude can literally bat after the explosive top 3 and provide some solidity in the middle order.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He needs to bat in top 3 so India and Eng are out of contention. He can't be a No.4 as he eats a lot of deliveries up front. He doesn't seem to have the ability to chase and that's another reason why he won't be in Eng, India
    We struggle to chase run a ball once the top 3 get out. Surely Babar can't be worse than Pandey/KL/Pant.

  64. #224
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    How will he not provide balance? The dude can literally bat after the explosive top 3 and provide some solidity in the middle order.
    He will kill the momentum at 4. His SR is usually at 50 for the first 20 to 25 balls he faces

  65. #225
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    We struggle to chase run a ball once the top 3 get out. Surely Babar can't be worse than Pandey/KL/Pant.
    They get out and India loses. Babar will remain not out and India will still lose. If he can move that SR close to 80 for the first 3 to 4 overs, he will be a gem of a batsman. He already is but his starts have been bad.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He will kill the momentum at 4. His SR is usually at 50 for the first 20 to 25 balls he faces
    I would say that's still better than DK, Pandey, KL, and Pant. At least he can make it up eventually before he gets out.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    9,397
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I would say that's still better than DK, Pandey, KL, and Pant. At least he can make it up eventually before he gets out.
    He's not like Rohit that can explode after a slow start. Babar's best position is opening. He's not a middle order batsman. Along with his slow starts, his power game is also an issue. At the end, as you rightly pointed out, he will make up but that is still less than run a ball. Middle order players need to continue the momentum and should be able to explode at the end. DK, Pandey,KL and Pant are all decent starters and have the ability to explode at the end. They are not as consistent as Babar though. Different types of players

  68. #228
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He will kill the momentum at 4. His SR is usually at 50 for the first 20 to 25 balls he faces
    Now that Rayudu is performing at 4 there is no place for KL Rahul in the team because he only wants to open and Kohli should never give up his position for this wannabe.

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni

    are locked for world cup. Only 2 places are left and 1 of them will go to India's best all rounder since Kapil Dev. That means there is only one position left.

    Jadhav/Pant/Pandey/KL Rahul/Rahane/Karthik

    Position 1 aur contenders anek bahut na insaafi hai.
    Last edited by Bhaag Viru Bhaag; 28th November 2018 at 23:03.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    3,865
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He's not like Rohit that can explode after a slow start. Babar's best position is opening. He's not a middle order batsman. Along with his slow starts, his power game is also an issue. At the end, as you rightly pointed out, he will make up but that is still less than run a ball. Middle order players need to continue the momentum and should be able to explode at the end. DK, Pandey,KL and Pant are all decent starters and have the ability to explode at the end. They are not as consistent as Babar though. Different types of players
    See, honestly I have given up on DK and Pandey. I believe the boat has sailed for them. While Pant is giving starts, Rahul is not even doing that. I don't see the latter getting picked in the ODI side any time soon. Pant can be our Suresh Raina, but to chase targets we need batsman who can make 70-80+ runs once in every 4 games which I don't see Pant doing.

    Yes, Babar takes time to get going but we can afford one accumulator. He can be followed by Pandya and Pant who can go beserk, if required.

  70. #230
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,198
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Blah blah blah. It seems you have no shame left even after calling me names and getting your posts deleted. You should be the last one accusing others of derailing threads and a big LOL at your analysis. You add nothing to the topic other than repeating stuff said by ex cricketers like a parrot. All your posts have the same ingredients like 'you are not an expert, do you know better than team management blah blah blah'. If you think you have become an expert here by defending statements from ex cricketers then you are delusional.
    Haha, good one. Did u notice how he started sucking up to a few PPers in his last post, part of his defense mechanism. He just doesn't have any originality. The basic premise of his opinions is that everything that bcci or Indian cricketers do can't be questioned. This is the usual flow of his argument -
    1. Throw in some random stats of an unrelated era to build his argument
    2. Sooner or later, someone punctures his statistical argument, that's when he comes up with poetic arguments - dhoni knows when to retire, Rahul hits sixes like no one else blah blah
    3. When that fails, then the defense mechanism kicks in where he starts questioning the thread in first place - "who are you to give an opinion on dhoni", " bcci is a private organization u can't question it".

    Basically he can't listen to anything that questions establishment, he's a conformist of the highest degree who would believe that sky is red if his boss tells him that.
    Last edited by happydavy; 28th November 2018 at 23:36.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    14,963
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happydavy View Post
    Haha, good one. Did u notice how he started sucking up to a few PPers in his last post, part of his defense mechanism. He just doesn't have any originality. The basic premise of his opinions is that everything that bcci or Indian cricketers do can't be questioned. This is the usual flow of his argument -
    1. Throw in some random stats of an unrelated era to build his argument
    2. Sooner or later, someone punctures his statistical argument, that's when he comes up with poetic arguments - dhoni knows when to retire, Rahul hits sixes like no one else blah blah
    3. When that fails, then the defense mechanism kicks in where he starts questioning the thread in first place - "who are you to give an opinion on dhoni", " bcci is a private organization u can't question it".

    Basically he can't listen to anything that questions establishment, he's a conformist of the highest degree who would believe that sky is red if his boss tells him that.
    Exactly. I have noticed so many posters have said the same thing about him. He tries too hard to act like an expert.

    I don't hate KL Rahul and I think he has the talent but he has got enough chances for now and someone else like Mayank Aggarwal deserved to play against West Indies at least but that didn't happen. What ex cricketers think about him means nothing in this forum. We are here to share our opinion and nobody can use statements from ex cricketers to win an argument here.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    1,330
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    I would take Babar in my ODI team despite his 30-something average this year, however averaging 59 on the mines in England and SA is way different from averaging 67 with 1 century and lots of not outs on lifeless UAE pitches.
    Yeah, the point wasn't to compare him with Kohli but to show his progress.

    Babar looked good in Eng, granted he only played 1 inning, 68*, but it was matching-winning.

    Babar had a very difficult start to his test career, most batsmen would have been dropped if their name wasn't Babar. Which is why many people do not rate Babar in Tests, and they may be right. Babar might not go on to become the batsman that many of us think he can be, he might fail, but the point is you can't ignore what he has done so far.

    Coming back to what @jagatk said, i actually misread his post. IDK why but i thought he said no team would pick Babar, except Pakistan. Clearly i wasn't fully awake. I don't have that much of a problem with what he said, now that i read his post again, even though i might not agree.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    3,306
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    It seems KL Rahul fans are getting frustrated now after his poor performances and are trying their best to bring in other factors like his bank balance and his lifestyle. Guys don't lose hope KL Rahul is a good talent but he just needs a kick on his backside to wake him up. His fans and low level experts who likes to quote ex cricketers have nothing else to show currently so they are acting like 'khisyani billi khamba noche'.
    Dunno why Rahul fans are so insecure. Rohit Sharma was grilled to death for 5 years until 2013 when he became good in ODIs. Even now Rohit is a meme for being walking wicket against seam and seing bowling in tests. Rohit fans don't get triggered when people bash him.

  74. #234
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    15,212
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    May be he corrects himself and comes back strongly. Rightnow he is just a pretender. P Shaw is the real deal alongwith Gill.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    3,015
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Now that Rayudu is performing at 4 there is no place for KL Rahul in the team because he only wants to open and Kohli should never give up his position for this wannabe.

    Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni

    are locked for world cup. Only 2 places are left and 1 of them will go to India's best all rounder since Kapil Dev. That means there is only one position left.

    Jadhav/Pant/Pandey/KL Rahul/Rahane/Karthik

    Position 1 aur contenders anek bahut na insaafi hai.
    Preference should be given to batsman who can be the 6th bowler. Do they want to play world cup with only 5 bowlers?

    Is Rains out of contention?

  76. #236
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    20,110
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    No worries a brand new IPL season is a mere 5 months away. Just hang tight Lokesh!

  77. #237
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,312
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul is just so bloody overrated that it isn't even funny anymore.

    Apart from Rohit, don't think anyone else has got as many chances this dud has received till date.

    And then he has galls to declare that he'll either open in ODIs or not play at all!

  78. #238
    Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    5,312
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mayank should have been given chance during Asia cup and WI series. That he wasn't, only means that he won't be given any chances now at least till the WC ends.

  79. #239
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,095
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhelpma View Post
    As this thread about Kl Rahul and Babar Azam so I would keep my conversation about them only . Babar would walk in every LOI team as a middle order batsman might be barring England . But Rahul would not get a seat in any top 5 LOI team , only in low ranked team like pak , Sl and bd he has a chance .
    Read my original post my friend, I am saying that this comparison in itself is useless, given both are wannabes and niether really has much to show for.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    15,342
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Read my original post my friend, I am saying that this comparison in itself is useless, given both are wannabes and niether really has much to show for.
    Babar is an established batsman at this level, albeit inconsistent in pressure situations. Rahul is going U.Akmals way. Wont be around the Indian team, as there are better batsman than him coming up.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •