Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Babar is an established batsman at this level, albeit inconsistent in pressure situations. Rahul is going U.Akmalís way. Wonít be around the Indian team, as there are better batsman than him coming up.
    This.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Except KL Rahul all other batsmen scored runs in this practice match against CA XI. Even Rohit scored 40 runs. So on what basis KL Rahul should get another chance? If he is down with confidence, doesn't care, has no motivation left and out of form then he should be dropped. There are other guys like Mayank who should get a chance. If KL Rahul is talented he will come back again into the team.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    Read my original post my friend, I am saying that this comparison in itself is useless, given both are wannabes and niether really has much to show for.
    Babar is a wannabe? Guy bats at whatever position his captain asks him to bat at and he is getting better with each match.

On the other hand you have a Kohli wannabe who wants to look like Kohli, has tattooed himself, doesn't want to bat in the middle order(few of his fans told me this), doesn't care about what critics say about him(according to @Napa).

Nobody in this team has the guts to copy Kohli's work ethic and dedication. Even a guy like Rahul Dravid batted at whatever position he was asked to, not to mention the wicket keeping job he did and gave indian team the balance it required.

This is the disadvantage of getting easy money for non valuable performances in IPL. If you are playing for a cricket crazy country like India then that should be the only motivation otherwise there are other guys in the queue too who can do the job.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar is an established batsman at this level, albeit inconsistent in pressure situations. Rahul is going U.Akmalís way. Wonít be around the Indian team, as there are better batsman than him coming up.
    What does established mean? Is a top batsman who can be picked in every team, he isn't for me. He is bang average in tests upto now. His Odi records are inflated due to his minnow bashing or specifically WI bashing. Rahul I can't disagree with you.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does established mean? Is a top batsman who can be picked in every team, he isn't for me. He is bang average in tests upto now. His Odi records are inflated due to his minnow bashing or specifically WI bashing. Rahul I can't disagree with you.
    Babar has the highest average of any batsman in Test cricket, in this calendar year. He had a rough start to his test career, but his knocks against England, Australia and New Zealand this year have been high quality, and he is starting to take shape finally. In ODIs he is the backbone of this Pakistan team, and he has been very consistent. In T20Is, he is ranked the number one batsman in the world and while he may actually not be one at the moment, he is still one of the best batsman in this format.

At the end of the day Babar Azam is winning his country matches, while KL Rahul is a huge liability for India. The point of sport is to win, and Babar's contributions have been instrumental in whatever success Pakistan has had. Rahul is failing even against Grade-2 bowlers in Australia right now mate, so c'mon lets not club both of these players together.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Babar is a wannabe? Guy bats at whatever position his captain asks him to bat at and he is getting better with each match.

On the other hand you have a Kohli wannabe who wants to look like Kohli, has tattooed himself, doesn't want to bat in the middle order(few of his fans told me this), doesn't care about what critics say about him(according to @Napa).

Nobody in this team has the guts to copy Kohli's work ethic and dedication. Even a guy like Rahul Dravid batted at whatever position he was asked to, not to mention the wicket keeping job he did and gave indian team the balance it required.

This is the disadvantage of getting easy money for non valuable performances in IPL. If you are playing for a cricket crazy country like India then that should be the only motivation otherwise there are other guys in the queue too who can do the job.
    You need to get over your Rahul obsession. There is a form of cricket in which Rahul is very good, it is the IPL. Fortunately for him it pays him millions of dollars, which means that there are a huge number of fans who love that form of cricket. It doesn't matter if you don't respect the IPL, get over it!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar has the highest average of any batsman in Test cricket, in this calendar year. He had a rough start to his test career, but his knocks against England, Australia and New Zealand this year have been high quality, and he is starting to take shape finally. In ODIs he is the backbone of this Pakistan team, and he has been very consistent. In T20Is, he is ranked the number one batsman in the world and while he may actually not be one at the moment, he is still one of the best batsman in this format.

At the end of the day Babar Azam is winning his country matches, while KL Rahul is a huge liability for India. The point of sport is to win, and Babar's contributions have been instrumental in whatever success Pakistan has had. Rahul is failing even against Grade-2 bowlers in Australia right now mate, so c'mon lets not club both of these players together.
    I am not clubbing anyone. I am saying neither has achieved anything of note and comparisons are an effort in futility.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    You need to get over your Rahul obsession. There is a form of cricket in which Rahul is very good, it is the IPL. Fortunately for him it pays him millions of dollars, which means that there are a huge number of fans who love that form of cricket. It doesn't matter if you don't respect the IPL, get over it!
    Once again you have nothing to show for his performances and going on an unnecessary rant regarding his millions of dollars. I am not obsessed with KL Rahul but you are definitely obsessed with his millions of dollars. Why?

He is playing for Indian team and is currently the weak link so its obvious fans will ask for his removal. And yeah I am not the only one who wants him to be dropped.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th November 2018 at 02:01.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not clubbing anyone. I am saying neither has achieved anything of note and comparisons are an effort in futility.
    Define "achieving anything of note".

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It seems like this thread has turned into Rahul vs Azam.

Babar Azam has clearly outperformed Rahul currently.

But to be fair Babar has played more games and has had more opportunities.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Define "achieving anything of note".
    What has either done to be considered anything other than could be good players.

Babar averages 52 because he has played only 50-60 games, he has scored nearly quarter of his odi runs against WI in 6 games, take that away and his average drops to a modest 45. Which is why I said he needs a bigger sample size.

You talked about having a good year in tests for babar, rahul went through a similar phase last year getting or equaling some sort of a record of consecutive 50 plus scores in tests. Neither have played enough tests to be judged how good they or given their averages whether they are any good.

I don't care about international t20 outside wt20's let either win or have Vk esque stats there then we can talk about t20's.

So my question what has either achieved that makes either something special, these aren't 16 year old tendulkars esque prodigies they are both entering their prime and have nothing to show for yet.
    Last edited by jagatk; 29th November 2018 at 16:21.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He scored a century in England less than 3 months ago.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th November 2018 at 02:01.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He scored a century in England less than 3 months ago.
    What came before the century?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    How will he not provide balance? The dude can literally bat after the explosive top 3 and provide some solidity in the middle order.
    We need explosive batsmen in our middle order batsmen since the next World Cup would be on flat tracks
    Our top3 is enough to provide the stability and then there is also MS Dhoni who struggles to score quickly
    Even Someone like Rayudu has actually played better knock in run chases than Babar(you can check on Cricinfo) and his SR since his comeback has also been good

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What came before the century?
    I answered one question only to be asked another one? You may think I have a lot of time on my hands, but I don't.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I answered one question only to be asked another one? You may think I have a lot of time on my hands, but I don't.
    Are you chickening out now? Please tell what did KL Rahul do before that hundred in the England series?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    He's not Indian? I don't understand why any non-Indian would rate Rahul highly
    @Mamoon bhai rates him

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    We need explosive batsmen in our middle order batsmen since the next World Cup would be on flat tracks
    Our top3 is enough to provide the stability and then there is also MS Dhoni who struggles to score quickly
    Even Someone like Rayudu has actually played better knock in run chases than Babar(you can check on Cricinfo) and his SR since his comeback has also been good
    Rayudu hasn't played enough. The sample size is too small although the rest of the numbers are identical.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would pick him in pak team over any other batsman pak currently has in any format - any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by dhawan View Post
    KL rahul

Lot of indies here hype him as if he is the most talented batsman we have ever seen but unfortunately is just a very mediocre batsman to say the least who can not deliver on a big stage.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you chickening out now? Please tell what did KL Rahul do before that hundred in the England series?
    Bhaag Viru Bhaag, in that case what Rahane did in that series to deserve another chance?

And has anyone proved himself at the top to displace Rahul as a test opener? Who will replace Rahul,any proven name??

Most batsmen fail in their first tours to non-SC. Given the Indian current standards in overseas conditions, he hasn't done much wrong to be displaced from the opening slot.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Bhaag Viru Bhaag, in that case what Rahane did in that series to deserve another chance?

And has anyone proved himself at the top to displace Rahul as a test opener? Who will replace Rahul,any proven name??

Most batsmen fail in their first tours to non-SC. Given the Indian current standards in overseas conditions, he hasn't done much wrong to be displaced from the opening slot.
    Actually if you have read my posts after the England series then I asked both Rahane and Rahul to be dropped from the team. So I am not sure why are you bringing his name to defend KL Rahul who plays in all three formats and yet performs like a noob these days?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rahul is a wonderful talent but i feel he is trying too hard at times. His performances in the IPL were very special and he played some brilliant shots. The problem is that Rahul changed his game and style to adapt to the T20 format and now he plays too much flashy shots.

Before he was a batsmen who would be more patient and put the bad balls away. He needs to adapt his game to the test format because i still think he has the ability but he needs to show more responsibility. This is what exactly India's batting coach said.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually if you have read my posts after the England series then I asked both Rahane and Rahul to be dropped from the team. So I am not sure why are you bringing his name to defend KL Rahul who plays in all three formats and yet performs like a noob these days?
    So, it means according to you,

Replace Dhawan as he ain't good.

Replace Rahul as he plays like a noon.

Replace Pandya as he is not good enough for tests.

Replace Rahane as well.

You also criticize Pant as he is back and doesn't fit in tests. So replace him as well.

So, the idea is basically to replace everyone except Kohli and bring all the newbies or go back to Rohit.

See, it doesn't work this way. You can't drop everyone at a same time. I believe Rahul deserves a chance in Australia tour and if he fails there, then he can be dropped. He is an opener and it is harder away from Asia.

If I said anything wrong, you can point out and I will withdraw back those points.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Rahul is a wonderful talent but i feel he is trying too hard at times. His performances in the IPL were very special and he played some brilliant shots. The problem is that Rahul changed his game and style to adapt to the T20 format and now he plays too much flashy shots.

Before he was a batsmen who would be more patient and put the bad balls away. He needs to adapt his game to the test format because i still think he has the ability but he needs to show more responsibility. This is what exactly India's batting coach said.
    Is it safe to say that KL Rahul is going the Umar Akmal way? I mean the way the word 'talent' is being used by some fans here to defend KL Rahul it reminds me of Umar Akmal.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Replace Rahane as well.

You also criticize Pant as he is back and doesn't fit in tests. So replace him as well.

So, the idea is basically to replace everyone except Kohli and bring all the newbies or go back to Rohit.

See, it doesn't work this way. You can't drop everyone at a same time. I believe Rahul deserves a chance in Australia tour and if he fails there, then he can be dropped. He is an opener and it is harder away from Asia.

If I said anything wrong, you can point out and I will withdraw back those points.
    First of all let me remind you that this thread is about KL Rahul. I am not talking about Dhawan and Rahane here. So do not try to put unnecessary words in my mouth and expect a respone for this nonsense.

Secondly if someone is performing poorly and making my team weak I will post my opinion about him here. If you have anything to prove me wrong, feel free to post it here.

IMO KL Rahul should be dropped. And if there are other guys who don't look good to play for India I will point it out too. I can change the whole team if I want because it is my personal opinion. I am not the selector but I have full rights to wish to see out of form guys like KL Rahul to be dropped.

Not sure why some of you are so sensitive towards someone else's opinion? I mean the other day I posted my all time XI and one of the local wannabe expert came and questioned my team selection and asked why I left his fav player? I mean seriously?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First of all let me remind you that this thread is about KL Rahul. I am not talking about Dhawan and Rahane here. So do not try to put unnecessary words in my mouth and expect a respone for this nonsense.

Secondly if someone is performing poorly and making my team weak I will post my opinion about him here. If you have anything to prove me wrong, feel free to post it here.

IMO KL Rahul should be dropped. And if there are other guys who don't look good to play for India I will point it out too. I can change the whole team if I want because it is my personal opinion. I am not the selector but I have full rights to wish to see out of form guys like KL Rahul to be dropped.

Not sure why some of you are so sensitive towards someone else's opinion? I mean the other day I posted my all time XI and one of the local wannabe expert came and questioned my team selection and asked why I left his fav player? I mean seriously?
    Ahh, cool down brother. Of course, you can have your opinion and you can drop whoever you want in your dream list of XI.

I was just pointing out that it is impossible to drop every single player from the team just because none are performing. Selectors can't change the whole lineup. Since, we are discussing about KL Rahul, surely we can discuss on him as this thread is about him, I believe this was his first tour and as an opener, it is always harder to perform outside Asia, particularly England and SA and that too in his first tour. So, he deserves one more go and then decision can be taken on him.

I have no problem if you want to drop KL and pick whoever you want in your own imaginary XI for Indian team in the Australia tour. But surely, others can point out or make an argument against it and discuss on maybe why he should get more chance before making conclusions.
    Last edited by Ab Fan; 30th November 2018 at 01:04.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Replace Rahane as well.

Noob
    Hack

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ahh, cool down brother. Of course, you can have your opinion and you can drop whoever you want in your dream list of XI.

I was just pointing out that it is impossible to drop every single player from the team just because none are performing. Selectors can't change the whole lineup. Since, we are discussing about KL Rahul, surely we can discuss on him as this thread is about him, I believe this was his first tour and as an opener, it is always harder to perform outside Asia, particularly England and SA and that too in his first tour. So, he deserves one more go and then decision can be taken on him.

I have no problem if you want to drop KL and pick whoever you want in your own imaginary XI for Indian team in the Australia tour. But surely, others can point out or make an argument against it and discuss on maybe why he should get more chance before making conclusions.
    Keep giving chances to out of form batsmen like KL Rahul and keep losing series after series abroad. Repeat the same with another failed batsman when we tour abroad next time also and we will lose the series again. I have watched enough cricket to know this cycle keeps on repeating over and over again in India.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Short answer, check his IPL performance.

This entire discussion has become quite repetitive, bye!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep giving chances to out of form batsmen like KL Rahul and keep losing series after series abroad. Repeat the same with another failed batsman when we tour abroad next time also and we will lose the series again. I have watched enough cricket to know this cycle keeps on repeating over and over again in India.
    I agree to this but unfortunately that is what explains the mediocrity of Indian test team outside Asia.

See, it worked with the talented Rohit in ODIs and Rahul has played some good innings in tough conditions like the home series vs Australia and has got a couple of 150 on flat wickets as well. So, there is that factor which goes in Rahul favour. If it is a flat wicket,he can score runs at aggressive rate and can perform in tough conditions as well but currently needs to sort out his mental issues and the "hawa"(hindi word) of Superstar tag that has made a major influence on him as well.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So this is how you keep yourself motivated after we lose series after series away from home? You look at the Pyjama League performances of a player who has failed in a test series to rate him in international cricket? It seems I am having a discussion with a cheerleader here.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I agree to this but unfortunately that is what explains the mediocrity of Indian test team outside Asia.

See, it worked with the talented Rohit in ODIs and Rahul has played some good innings in tough conditions like the home series vs Australia and has got a couple of 150 on flat wickets as well. So, there is that factor which goes in Rahul favour. If it is a flat wicket,he can score runs at aggressive rate and can perform in tough conditions as well but currently needs to sort out his mental issues and the "hawa"(hindi word) of Superstar tag that has made a major influence on him as well.
    This is where you are going wrong with KL Rahul. What does aggressive rate has to do in test cricket? He has to learn to put a price tag on his wicket just like he has done on himself when he is bought and sold like a cattle in IPL supermarket every year. Staying at wicket and supporting Kohli should be his main motive. Nobody cares about his 20 balls 30 runs in test cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is where you are going wrong with KL Rahul. What does aggressive rate has to do in test cricket? He has to learn to put a price tag on his wicket just like he has done on himself when he is bought and sold like a cattle in IPL supermarket every year. Staying at wicket and supporting Kohli should be his main motive. Nobody cares about his 20 balls 30 runs in test cricket.
    It does. You should be the last one saying this with the avatar you are having.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It does. You should be the last one saying this with the avatar you are having.
    So now you want to compare Virender Sehwag with KL Rahul?

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current form matters or not? Overall Dhoni's ODI stats are also good does that mean he shouldn't be dropped now?
    Ofcourse He should be dropped if he doesn't perform.... My guess is he will play the first test and depending on performance it will go from there.....

He looks special no doubt but performances are not coming through so he is hanging by a very thin thread there

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar was once no.2 batsman in ODIs and no.1 in T20Is. Rahul doesn't even have a fixed spot in ODIs. He might soon lose in spot in test XI. It's laughable to compare the two.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is it safe to say that KL Rahul is going the Umar Akmal way? I mean the way the word 'talent' is being used by some fans here to defend KL Rahul it reminds me of Umar Akmal.
    Rahul has already accomplished more than UA. But yes if he doesnít perform consistently then he should be booted out. This series should be his last chance.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, it worked with the talented Rohit in ODIs and Rahul has played some good innings in tough conditions like the home series vs Australia and has got a couple of 150 on flat wickets as well.
    Does this mean that we've to bear with Rahul's lack of runs for few more years just like we did with Rohit?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shaw's injury is a golden opportunity for Rahul. He will be assured of playing at least 2 tests now. Has to turn around his form.

Should not look spend as much time as he can at the crease tomorrow. Play 100-125 deliveries to get some batting rhythm.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    If you cannot post anything without silly personal insults - DONT post on this thread! Also the word censor is there for a reason and any posts with *** etc will be deleted so write proper English

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hilarious. Ipl this, ipl that. Can IPL fans look beyond their beloved ipl for once.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Does this mean that we've to bear with Rahul's lack of runs for few more years just like we did with Rohit?
    Rohit got just way too many chances, and that is why I was against that. He still doesn't make the cut in tests but keeps getting chances. As for Rahul,he should be given the Australia tour and then conclusions can be made on him.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Rahul,he should be given the Australia tour and then conclusions can be made on him.
    Well, the same was said before SA series and then before Eng series and now before Aus series. He failed in 2/2 away series he was played in (and given ample no. of chances) and lets see what lies in store for us for this series.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2011 View Post
    Well, the same was said before SA series and then before Eng series and now before Aus series. He failed in 2/2 away series he was played in (and given ample no. of chances) and lets see what lies in store for us for this series.
    He is an opener. It is always harder for an opener in test cricket to perform in first tour to SA and England. SA conditions were too tough for anyone to score,let alone a youngster like Rahul. In England, he ended up developing a technical issue and failed to sort off his game. No doubt, he needs to tighten his game if he had to perform in these conditions again.

But he is talented enough. I have watched enough of him to say he is not some mediocre player and has ability to not just dominate but curb his instict as well. Once he sorts off his mental issues, he can really turn it on all the way not many players can do.

If he fails in Australia series, then conclusion can be made but not now.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is an opener. It is always harder for an opener in test cricket to perform in first tour to SA and England. SA conditions were too tough for anyone to score,let alone a youngster like Rahul. In England, he ended up developing a technical issue and failed to sort off his game. No doubt, he needs to tighten his game if he had to perform in these conditions again.

But he is talented enough. I have watched enough of him to say he is not some mediocre player and has ability to not just dominate but curb his instict as well. Once he sorts off his mental issues, he can really turn it on all the way not many players can do.

If he fails in Australia series, then conclusion can be made but not now.
    After years of ridiculing Pakistan fans for saying the exact same things about Umar Akmal, it's refreshing to hear such excuses from Indian fans. Unbelievable really, for a country with a batting culture.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the optimism is good but it hasn't helped India in its last 2 away series one bit. And its not that Rahul is be all and end all of Indian opening batting. For starters, Mayank must have been given chance in WI test series. He won't have fared any worse than Rahul.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After years of ridiculing Pakistan fans for saying the exact same things about Umar Akmal, it's refreshing to hear such excuses from Indian fans. Unbelievable really, for a country with a batting culture.
    This!

Rahul's apologists won't admit this but you're right on the money. Talent this and talent that! What good is that talent if it is not translated into performances despite getting so many chances?

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Compare their finess, training regimes etc and you'd know why the two cases are different. Rahul does get a lot of flak for his flamboyant lifestyle but that has not made him unfit or work hard.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Compare their finess, training regimes etc and you'd know why the two cases are different. Rahul does get a lot of flak for his flamboyant lifestyle but that has not made him unfit or work hard.
    Keep the excuses coming. For an Indian fan, having been used to a batting a culture since you were born, retaining the mediocre talent of KL Rahul is funny.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Keep the excuses coming. For an Indian fan, having been used to a batting a culture since you were born, retaining the mediocre talent of KL Rahul is funny.
    If it was left to wrist slitter, Sehwag, Gambhir, Vijay - all our recent successful openers would have been thrown out after their first 15-20 tests as they were averaging 37-38.

Rahul is being rightly backed by the team management. Someone who had a run of 9 50+ scores in tests an year back can't suddenly be that bad. Has got everything in him to score 18-20 100s and 5000+ test runs as an opener. And he will get there, whether the haters like it or not.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    If it was left to wrist slitter, Sehwag, Gambhir, Vijay - all our recent successful openers would have been thrown out after their first 15-20 tests as they were averaging 37-38.

Rahul is being rightly backed by the team management. Someone who had a run of 9 50+ scores in tests an year back can't suddenly be that bad. Has got everything in him to score 18-20 100s and 5000+ test runs as an opener. And he will get there, whether the haters like it or not.
    Sehwag averaged 51 after first 31 tests. Gambhir averaged 54 after first 31 tests. Vijay averaged 39 after first 31 tests. Where is the talent for Rahul?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahul has become garbage. Low in confidence, scared to play his shots and nothing going his way. He is still a brilliant batsman. But talent alone will not do it. He needs to use his talent to his fullest extent.

At the moment, I would rate Prithvi Shaw or Shubman Gill as far better bats than Rahul. Unfortunately, SHaw is injured and Gill is playing A Games.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is whole non-sense. Rahul has got five tests hundreds already and across different countries as a test opener. He is getting too much flak mostly because: -

He is a rockstar with a flamboyant image.
    He did brilliantly in IPL this year.

There have been several cases when a talented batsmen go through this kind of phase early in his career but once they get things right, they have went on to become a really good batsmen. The hate is unnecessary and irrelevant, this has mostly got to do with some posters overhyping KL Rahul as the most talented batsmen since SRT and then others bringing out the knife against that argument.

Talent is not everything but if a talent gets transformed into performance, we get a world class player. This transformation sometimes takes time. It doesn't mean you end up with another Umar Akmal in making.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now that Rayudu is performing at 4 there is no place for KL Rahul in the team because he only wants to open and Kohli should never give up his position for this wannabe.

Rohit
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rayudu
    Dhoni

are locked for world cup. Only 2 places are left and 1 of them will go to India's best all rounder since Kapil Dev. That means there is only one position left.

Jadhav/Pant/Pandey/KL Rahul/Rahane/Karthik

Position 1 aur contenders anek bahut na insaafi hai.
    My comment was about a hypothetical Babar playing in India and how No.4 is not good for him. As far as Rahul goes, Yep, his ship has sailed after he was a dud in the T20s. As far as the one position left, I think Jadav is in. Extra bowling option and team thinks he is clutch.

At the end of the day, when you compare this Indian team to the one that was slaughtered in the CT final, Rayudu comes in for Yuvraj. That is the only change in the batting. As far as bowling goes, Kuldeep comes in for Ashwin and that is a good move. India's strategy will still be to make sure the opposition sccores less than 270. If any team runs away like Pak did in CT final or Eng did in the last two ODIs, the batting unit is still incapable.Indian batting knows exactly how to chase 270 and seem to be on autopilot most times. As far as 300+ scores go, there is not much improvement.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul fans are the biggest hypocrites I have seen.

Same people bashed Rohit for getting chances underservingly(and rightly so) want KL Rahul to get similar no of chances even if he keeps failing
    Even Rahane got 90 odd Odis,what did he do?

Yuvraj played 40 tests,what were his achievements?

Rohit got backing in both tests and odi
    He did well in Odis but still struggles in tests

Every player who gets backed doesn't always succeed

Rahul deserves the criticism he is getting

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanRyan10 View Post
    KL Rahul fans are the biggest hypocrites I have seen.

Same people bashed Rohit for getting chances underservingly(and rightly so) want KL Rahul to get similar no of chances even if he keeps failing
    Even Rahane got 90 odd Odis,what did he do?

Yuvraj played 40 tests,what were his achievements?

Rohit got backing in both tests and odi
    He did well in Odis but still struggles in tests

Every player who gets backed doesn't always succeed

Rahul deserves the criticism he is getting
    Rohit and Yuvraj don't have Test tons in Aus,WI and England.

His criticism is justified but there's no denying the potential.If he fails,he should be dropped,provided we have a replacement.I'd still back Rahul than going back to Dhawan etc

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post

His criticism is justified but there's no denying the potential.If he fails,he should be dropped,provided we have a replacement.I'd still back Rahul than going back to Dhawan etc
    The ton in England came in dead rubber match, which India lost anyway. Rahul was a bunny in all other previous matches. You didn't see Cook getting praised for his once in a blue moon double hundreds in dead rubbers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    The ton in England came in dead rubber match, which India lost anyway. Rahul was a bunny in all other previous matches. You didn't see Cook getting praised for his once in a blue moon double hundreds in dead rubbers.
    Cook scored in the same dead rubber and people were calling for him to carry on after months of failure.

How much praise is that ?

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post

Some players get a longer rope than others. I understand that with talent they might eventually succeed but what about others? Mayank Agarwal who has been scoring runs does not even get a single chance, People like Karun Nair get dropped after inconsistent chances. Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul keep getting picked. They are talented but there needs to be a clear definition of number of chances a player receives. It is unfair on people who have been performing at the FC level, who never get even a single chance while people who fail often get multiple chances and practice at international level. It is unfair.

We have Prithvi Shaw and if Rahul fails, it has to be Mayank. Dhawan has gotten enough chances, he should not be picked for Tests anymore.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the OP Shikhar Dhawan? If yes, then I see his view point.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is whole non-sense. Rahul has got five tests hundreds already and across different countries as a test opener. He is getting too much flak mostly because: -

He is a rockstar with a flamboyant image.
    He did brilliantly in IPL this year.

There have been several cases when a talented batsmen go through this kind of phase early in his career but once they get things right, they have went on to become a really good batsmen. The hate is unnecessary and irrelevant, this has mostly got to do with some posters overhyping KL Rahul as the most talented batsmen since SRT and then others bringing out the knife against that argument.

Talent is not everything but if a talent gets transformed into performance, we get a world class player. This transformation sometimes takes time. It doesn't mean you end up with another Umar Akmal in making.
    Rahul is getting a lot of flak because he is failing to perform. Simple as that. Indian fans are making excuses for his failures, and justifying his spot in the team with various reasons.

This is Umar Akmal scenario all over again. I remember how Indian fans used to rib us for this exact same reason on this very forum till Akmal was in the team. Quite funny now when the shoe is on the other foot.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Its just bad form. He will come good.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    Its just bad form. He will come good.
    Dhoni is also in bad form. He will come good too.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Dhoni is also in bad form. He will come good too.
    Unfortunately age is not on his side.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very similar to rohit sharma's first couple of frustrating years in international cricket.
    Maybe these are Side effects of lazy elegance.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This series will be make or break for KL Rahul.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expecting a century from him tomorrow in Adelaide !

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not a great start for Rahul.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2070 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianMafia View Post
    Expecting a century from him tomorrow in Adelaide !
    Missed it by 98 runs

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Poor from Rahul. Indian openers have been poor this year overseas. The middle order being put to Test here. With Kohli gone, it is going to be a uphill struggle for India.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Missed it by 98 runs
    He will score a useless ton in dead rubber 5th tests after India loses at least 3 matches

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's lost his discipline. T20 cricket has ruined him.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stroke by Rahul was bad even by limited over standards.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    He's lost his discipline. T20 cricket has ruined him.
    Quite correct. In order to match Kohli's aggression, he has ruined whatever qualities he had for the test cricket. And the worst part is, his LoI game is going downhill.

But hang on, he has a great bank balance and was leading run score of last IPL, so all is well.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What happened guys? At least give him 7 more innings before judging him. Am I right @the_outsider?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What happened guys? At least give him 7 more innings before judging him. Am I right @the_outsider?
    If he doesn't score in the next innings he should be kicked out. And not just a tidy 50 but a century.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    If he doesn't score in the next innings he should be kicked out. And not just a tidy 50 but a century.
    His existence in the next game should depend on Shaw's fitness

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    548 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is there a more emblematic example of a bonafide test class player ruined by one IPL season?

Same thing happened in the past to Harbhajan, Sehwag, Gambhir et al. But this is just something else.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    766 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Is there a more emblematic example of a bonafide test class player ruined by one IPL season?

Same thing happened in the past to Harbhajan, Sehwag, Gambhir et al. But this is just something else.
    I think the team management is also to blame as they want aggressive openers in the mould of sehwag and were trying to turn Rahul into one.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Garbage! That's all I'll say about him.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn't arrived yet: Viv Richards