Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"In terms of the wickets column, I think I will be on the top in Tests" : Wahab Riaz

Wahab Riaz speaking on TV after his omission from the probables for the Ireland/England Tests:

"I have not talked to him (Mickey Arthur) and as such, I have not been told anything about reasons (for dropping me)"

"I am looking forward to being spoken about it; maybe he will or he wont give me an explanation but that is yet to be seen"

"Cant say much about it but all I can say is that anyone can go through a bad time"

"Abilities and skills never disappear (for a player)"

"If you look at my performances in domestic cricket or during the last Test match for Pakistan, you will see that I have performed well"

"As a player, I am doing what needs to be done (to get selected); I am in no position to say anything about it (non selection)"

"As a player, my job is to perform. Overall, I have performed in Tests whenever I've played, and given my best. In terms of the wickets column, I think I will be on the top"

"New guys will come and replace us just like Wasim Bhai said that others replaced his generation"

"For the new guys, i wish them all the best and hope they will help Pakistan win"

"Tour of England has never been an easy one; even in previous tour, in the first Test it was Misbah's hundred which was important and last one we won was [mainly] due to Younis Khan's double"

"Yasir's absence will be a huge loss for Pakistan"

"I will keep on trying and hopefully make a comeback"

"I definitely wanted to play in County Cricket but I had no idea that this would happen (not selected for Tests); now the season has started and its very difficult to get into County; lets hope I can get a chance to do that"
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th April 2018 at 20:11.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Wahab hasn’t won us a game in two years”

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey is the coach we deserve and the one we need right now.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for Pakistan.

The only ground he could have been useful is The Kia Oval. Not only is it lucky for Pakistan but there is usually something for genuine pacers combined with reverse swing. But we are not playing there!

At Lord's and Headingly you will need swing bowlers and pacers who keep it full in general. Shinwari, Amir and Hasan will be better options. Even Mir Hamza could do well at Headingley.

But Wahab should not feel bad as he is still very useful in the UAE. We need his genuine pace there to rile the batsmen up.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not old and better options. Thank you and goodbye Wahab.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why each reject demands a list of reasons on why they were dropped or an explanation. If you're this unaware about where you stand then you shouldn't be part of the team. Same story with Kami complaining that he was never told why he was dropped. These players are so used to being spoon fed that they really don't have a brain of their own to figure simple things out.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know about wickets but certainly know that you are leading the no ball chart. Thanks God we dropped him had enough of this spray gun.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wrote his epitaph on the day he was taken to the cleaners in the first CT trophy game against India. Can't forget the ball he bowled to Smith when the latter had exposed all the 3 stumps for him to aim at yet he chose to follow him.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Players like Wahab annoy the hell out of me. Why do they need to be told the reason for being dropped. Why can’t they just watch some old footage of their scattergun bowling rife with no balls and sides. He only has one variation and that is to take the ball away from right handers. If only he could just swing it back into the right handers he’d have something to offer.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's be honest, it was a harsh decision to drop him from Test matches.

Reminds me of some statistics I saw earlier today:

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are better off without him. All he has is pace. No swing, no consistency in line and length, too many bad balls and too many no balls. See ya Wahab.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All said and done, this guy sounds so mature in his statements. I think he should play tests and not LOI, he is wayward and goes for runs but also has the magic to produce something out of nothing. The X factor if you may...

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His greatest contribution in recent years in my memory is the brilliant run out he did against west indies in uae i believe... that's all... he was not reliable; sometimes displaying amazing fast bowling spells and on the other hand forgetting his run up and fitness issues too...

#BestOfTest

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can still be useful in UAE for Tests. Otherwise, he can be a liability on the greentops where he just can't get wickets. Similarly, with Amir, if he doesn't sort his act out and takes wickets, should be dropped.

Mature comments from Wahab though.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We needed him in test cricket more than odi's and t-20's.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    "I have not talked to him (Mickey Arthur) and as such, I have not been told anything about reasons (for dropping me)"

"I am looking forward to being spoken about it;
    Let me grab my model town handbook

"Abilities and skills never disappear (for a player)"
    Errrrr.......... Sorry mate but you never really had any!! You haven't won Pakistan anything substantial in your entire career and we won our first major 50 over title literaly from the day we dropped your sorry behind.

Don't let the door hit you back on the way out!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2565 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Once again, dropping players from the wrong formats.

However, the replacements aren't the worst and so I don't have too many qualms about this.

Stand with Mickey.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel sorry for him. Shocking stuff from Mickey Arthur.