Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Decent squad. Shame Fawad missed out but I get it to an extent, he's older, domestic form not as strong as it was. If Fawad plays, he'd be taking either Saad Ali or Usman's spot.

1. Imam
    2. Azhar
    3. Haris
    4. Asad
    5. Saad Ali
    6. Usman Salluhuddin
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Amir
    11. Abbas

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No Mir Hamza ? should have tried against Ireland

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majid Khan View Post
    Excited to see Rahat Ali back, I reckon he might end up breaking the Pakistan test record for most 1-fers and 2-fers — well I suppose 5-fers are out of fashion these days in any case.
    i dont think that it will be a 1-0 series, it will be 2-0 either way or 1-1 ...

When in Doubt- Act Stupid....... That's Pakistan Cricket for you.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Decent squad I guess. Would've had Mir Hamza over Rahat Ali (although neither would get a chance unless there is an injury) and Zafar Gohar over Shadab Khan. It may still work out for Shadab though as the English are terrible at playing spin.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  78.8 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  192.1 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  168.5 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  147.0 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  97.7 KBName:  6.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  100.7 KBName:  7.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  174.8 KB

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this means no matter what Azhar wil play at 3 instead of opening the batting which is sad as it really benefited Pakistan in the past.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I actually don't understand as to what they see in Rahat Ali, by far one of the most useless bowlers we've had.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Useless Babar makes it again?

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I actually don't understand as to what they see in Rahat Ali, by far one of the most useless bowlers we've had.
    How dare you disrespect the phenom..... make sure you keep your doors bolted shut when you go to bed tonight.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim_Pak86 View Post
    @Fahdi

Rofl, The XI that you have put esp. the top 4 ,which has the tenacity to collapse in 50 or less runs will never be played by Arthur he knows them too well. Arthur would rather put Fakhar or even push Faheem to come early. Please don't call Azhar, Sami, Babar, Haris, Shafiq as inexperienced.

These failed units have been with the Pakistan team for last couple of years.

Rahat Ali will be in the XI also.

Usman Salahuddin and Saad Ali both bat 2 down, implies they're alternatives to Shafiq and HArris, means they'll warm the benches for the full tour. Any collapse or pathetic game wby the top 3 which can be expected in Ireland would result in a panic button press and either of these 2 being pushed into top 3 to debut and perform at the same time. So hoping Pakistan does'nt get a swing bowler heaven in Malahide or we're toast.
    I will be quite surprised if Fakhar is played in the top order. I'd say he has been picked more for the lower middle order as a competitor for Shafiq's spot. But I am sure Shafiq will be the one starting off.

Babar will most likely play as I believe Arthur backs him to come good in Tests and is hence giving him a long rope.

Haris was our best batsman in the last series and has played a total of 2 matches.

Azhar is your highest rated batsman.

As far as the experience argument goes Babar has played 11 matches, Haris 2. Azhar, Shafiq and Sarfraz are the only players who can be considered experienced. The most experienced bowler is Amir with 30 matches. The next most experience bowler Rahat(20 matches) is making a comeback and probably won't even play ahead of Abbas and Hassan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what is the most likely XI?
    Haris, Azhar, Babar, Shafiq, Salahuddin, Sarfraz, Fahim, Shadab, Amir, Hasan, Abbas.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad squad other then the Sallahuddin guy. He has never done anything the few times he's played. Don't know why he's always near the team. At least we are free from the Akmals now and Umar Amin as well. Clearly missing a classy spinner here so Shadab will have to put his hands up and perform in Yasir's absence.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Not a bad squad other then the Sallahuddin guy. He has never done anything the few times he's played. Don't know why he's always near the team.
    When has he ever played lol? You talking about the grand total of 2 ODIs he played 7 years ago?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    When has he ever played lol? You talking about the grand total of 2 ODIs he played 7 years ago?
    Yeah. Has he been performing miracles at domestic level?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How dare you disrespect the phenom..... make sure you keep your doors bolted shut when you go to bed tonight.
    A Jatt like me isn't afraid of anyone in this world I'll take anyone head on

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute disgrace😡 feel so bad for Fawad... he deserves better, I will be in Ireland for the historic first test & I hope Inzi is there..

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Aslam
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Haris Sohail
    Shadab Khan at Lords / Fakhar Zaman in Headingley
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Fahim Ashraf
    Hasan Ali
    Muhammad Amir
    Muhammad Abbas

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Yeah. Has he been performing miracles at domestic level?
    One of the most consistent batsmen in FC cricket tbh.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Fantastic squad.

Ideally I would've had Aamer Yamin, Zafar Gohar, Fawad Alam, and added Wahab Riaz instead of Fahim Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Saad Ali.

However, the latter 3 are not bad picks at all and I have no issues with them, though a spinner (Asghar if not Gohar) should've been in for sure ahead of that 4th opener (probably Fakhar).

Still, this team is capable of big things. Good stuff.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, I like the squad and I hope Saad Ali and Usman get a shot to play in at least one game.

Probably a few ways they could go about constructing the lineup depending on if they want more bowling or batting.

For more bowling, I'd think they go with something like this: Azhar, Sami, Babar, Haris, Shafiq, Ashraf, Sarfraz, Shadab, Hasan, Amir, Abbas.

For more batting: Sami, Fakhar, Azhar, Haris, Babar, Shafiq, Sarfraz, Ashraf, Shadab, Hasan, Amir

If they have faith that Fakhar and Haris can bowl a bit, the latter lineup could be potentially a good one to go with because even at 11, you have Amir who can give you runs.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahat Ali and Imam highly questionable selections ... could have easily selected Fawad and Sadaf in their place.

2 of the best FC performers in Pak history continue to be ignored while undeserving players (Rahat who is utterly mediocre) and newbies (Imam, Saad), average to below avg. (Sami and Babar) keep getting selected but perennial chart toppers can't find a place! Ridiculous!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahats selection probably due to him landing the odd booming inswinger, which he can do, but not with any real pattern.

Early summer in England, if the home bowlers fancy it then so should Paks.

Amir, as per previous visits to England, Hasan has no problems hitting the off stump line and Abbas is a pretty good seam up bowler.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so disappointed to see this squad..it is very hard to believe that Fawad Alam once again not picked by the Selectors..people are now prepared themselves of his non selection by saying that he is older now..when Misbah and Younis were playing the same people were saying that after Misbah and Younis..Fawad will get their place..one thing is also worth to mention here that Fawad Alam is supper fit at the age of 32..same as Misbah used to do it. How can so called selectors ignored a batsman having 56 runs batting average..this is my last writting in any forum of cricket..i will not follow pakistan cricket as a protest against this biased and in justice..Saad Ali..Imamul Haq and Usman Salahuddin have so much time to prove in future but it was right time to select Fawad Alam to prove his worth in test cricket..these young lot cant take interest in test cricket..they only want to play t20 cricket..Pakistan will loose to Irland and England.. I am sure..as did against Sri Lanka in UAE' s favourable conditions now how can survive in tough conditions without having test type players like FAWAD Alam...

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We as fans will never be happy about team selection. If they had not selected Saad Ali then everyone would be crying about him. As for as the opening slot is concerned I don't see any better openers out there except immam.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all should be glad that this is such a young squad .

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakSarZameen View Post
    Sami Aslam
    Azhar Ali
    Babar Azam
    Asad Shafiq
    Haris Sohail
    Shadab Khan at Lords / Fakhar Zaman in Headingley
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Fahim Ashraf
    Hasan Ali
    Muhammad Amir
    Muhammad Abbas
    On which planet do we have Shadab at 6, against England in early season. Shadab is a test 9 and if he bats higher than that in test we have a very long tail.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Decent squad. Shame Fawad missed out but I get it to an extent, he's older, domestic form not as strong as it was. If Fawad plays, he'd be taking either Saad Ali or Usman's spot.

1. Imam
    2. Azhar
    3. Haris
    4. Asad
    5. Saad Ali
    6. Usman Salluhuddin
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Amir
    11. Abbas
    Closer to what i am thinking but with Fakhar at 6.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selections of Imam and Sami are not justified at all. Look at their FC averages. Who even made Inzamam a selector? Fawad and Sadaf ignored yet again. Rahat is an International level failure, yet selected, and that too over Wahab Riaz.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have missed a trick by not selecting a tall fast bowler. Sadaf or Shaheen should have been selected. We also lack a genuine pacer, like Wahab, who can click 150 kph with ease. Wahab, who is only 32, should have been selected, as he has been our best Test fast bowler recently. Ridiculous decision to drop him in this format, at 32. This fast bowling line up seems one dimensional to me.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A squad which doesn't have my nephew..... not on my watch
    Truly disappointing stuff by inzi bhai.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar
    Sami
    Haris
    Babar
    Asad
    Shadab
    Sarfarz
    Faheem
    Hasan
    Amir
    Abbas

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selection of Pakistan Test Squad clearly gives perception of making those players experience english conditions who're probables of getting picked in WorldCup 2019 squad which is in England.🇵🇰
    One reason why FawadAlam is not while imam & Shadab are picked.🏏

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it will be a BLUNDER if Saad Ali doesn’t debut!!!! BLUNDER!!! He deserves to play!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's going on with Junaid Khan ?

Why is perennial flop Rahat being picked over him ?

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    We have missed a trick by not selecting a tall fast bowler. Sadaf or Shaheen should have been selected. We also lack a genuine pacer, like Wahab, who can click 150 kph with ease. Wahab, who is only 32, should have been selected, as he has been our best Test fast bowler recently. Ridiculous decision to drop him in this format, at 32. This fast bowling line up seems one dimensional to me.
    Rahat Ali is a GIANT bowler. He has swing, but medium pace. While Wahab has express pace, but no swing.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All round a very weak team which was expected pre YK and Misbah retirements.

Bowling is quite weak too which should not have been the case.

This team will be facing a good few tough test tours in the coming months and years.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Pakistan squad for the Test tour of Ireland and England:

Sarfraz Ahmed (C)
    Asad Shafiq
    Azhar Ali
    Haris Sohail
    Mohammad Amir
    Hasan Ali
    Fakhar Zaman
    Sami Aslam
    Imam-ul-Haq
    Babar Azam
    Usman Sallahuddin
    Shadab Khan
    Mohammad Abbas
    Rahat Ali
    Saad Ali
    Faheem Ashraf

No Fawad
    why select 4 openers? should have selected Fawad Alam instead of an opener Imam-ul-Haq.

Also should have selected Mir Hamza

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I was expecting this...........how much does it cost to change domicile in Pakistan guys ???

Someone should do a Step by Step and send it to Fawad maybe!
    Why don't you ask that from Sarfraz or Shafiq?

Fawad doesn't deserve a selection. Domestic stats don't mean much.

Imam is a super talent.

Don't biased - where goes domicile when non-performers like Shafiq and Sarfraz (in LOIs) keep getting selected?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A very decent squad.

However, bowling is extremely weak. We'll struggle in this department.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    So batting is reliant on Azhar and Asad with lots of inexperience around. This is going to tough for Pakistan. They need some big scores from the above two.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Poor guy should have been picked ahead of rahat ali if he did not get a chance in england series he won.t get a chance any where else
    Hamza would have been a better choice than lethargic Rahat but Rahat being from Inzi's region always had an edge in selection.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Only Inzi knows. Regional bias , nothing else.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    775 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Why don't you ask that from Sarfraz or Shafiq?

Don't biased - where goes domicile when non-performers like Shafiq and Sarfraz (in LOIs) keep getting selected?
    You couldn't have been more wrong! I have never vouched for anyone who is nonperforming or freeloading as a matter of fact only 2 odd days ago I was the first one calling for Shafiq's head since he's been dead weight for nearly a year now. Refer to Below post and link

Get your act together or go home if you can't be consistent enough. About time we need to come hard on Shafiq, guy's been freeloading since nearly a year now!
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...82#post9707482 (1st reply & Post #2)

Also, regarding Sarfaraz, I have criticised him many a time on his lackluster fitness & even on the Wahab Riaz thread I clearly spelled it out that it doesn't matter if you're a CT winning captain, if you're not performing you should be out. However, Sarfraz is performing and have taken us out of a hole many times in the last year or so! Therefore his inclusion is justified.

This clearly means that Sarfraz should also be in line on the chopping board if he stops performing on the field and it would be a much quicker visit to the gallows since his fitness is basically nothing whatsoever! This is the attitude that I wanted in the team for a long long time. No one is safe from being discarded - You're a CT winning captain?? Well, you and all your 'seniors' can take a hike if you don't perform and win games!! Period
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-Mickey-Arthur (6th reply and Post #7)

Also, please do some research before labeling anyone a blind hater or having an agenda, I want what is best for Pakistan cricket and I back my understanding of the said POV based on metrics and something quantifable so that the margin of error is as limited as possible. Everything can be broken down in mathematics and numercial reasoning, you just have to be smart enough to do so - which clearly the PCB management and Inzi #TheRevolutionary isn't!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fawad doesn't deserve a selection. Domestic stats don't mean much.

Imam is a super talent.
    Seriously!? Weren't you the guy who always used to harp about how Kamran Akmal is God's gift to Humanity based on his FC numbers and how his batting average and SR in PSL?? How quickly have you changed your goal posts to suit your narrative here mate ??

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    All means 2-0 loss is even more likely.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rahat Ali and Imam - so the nepotism and useless quota player selection has been filled for the tour

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be a tough tour for Pak. Not much experience in the side but luckily for us, the English team is inferior to the one in 2016. Root has alot to prove as a captain, and I'd certainly rate Sarfraz as a better captain than Root atm.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a good feeling about it....

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its in our interests if we fear the destroyer.

On topic, i think its a good squad, fawad should have been selected as the 17th guy. I mean why the heck not. A 17 man squad isnt something unheard of. Would have been fair to him.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So Imam for Masood was like for like replacement?

Has anderson been notifed on his bunny replacement?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    So Imam for Masood was like for like replacement?

Has anderson been notifed on his bunny replacement?
    Imam isnt that bad technically, he might surprise if he gets a chance.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali
    Sami Aslam
    Babar
    Haris
    Usman
    Sarfraz
    Shadab
    Fahim
    Hasan
    Amir

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cannot justify Imam's selection at all when you have already selected 3 openers in Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman and Sami Aslam. If Imam was really that important then they should not have selected Sami Aslam or Fakhar Zaman. Right now its looking very bad with 4 openers selected I am afraid that this selection reeks of nepotism and injustice and I was not expecting this from a person like Inzimam-ul-Haq.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 16th April 2018 at 14:53.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali
    Sami aslam
    Asad shafiq
    Hari's sohail
    Babar
    Sarfaraz
    Fakhar zaman
    Shahdab
    Amir
    Abbas
    Rahat

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is gonna be our key bowler. He will announce himself in Test cricket, on this tour.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Kent have been bowled out for 64 and Northamptonshire bowled out for 71 in their recent County matches.

Both play in Division Two of the County Championship and will probably field understrength teams.

If we can't beat these in the warmups...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heard a rumour on social media that Mickey wants Fakhar at 6, 4 bowlers , a deep batting line up,Sarfraz may bat up the order, and Azhar to open with Sami.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent Squad but me want three changes
    Babar Azam out
    Fawad Alam in
    Imam ul Haq out
    Umar Amin in
    Rahat Ali out
    Mohammad Asghar in

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar might play at 6 acc to rumours.

Sami
    Azhar
    Haris
    Babar/Asad
    Sarfaraz
    Fakhar
    Shadab
    Faheem
    Hasan
    Amir
    Abbas

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the main question is do we go 6-1-4 or 5-1-2-3

6-1-4 is only gonna work if our quicks can bowl 23 overs a day, leaving 15 for shady (and haris) (probably safe to assume you lose 6 overs a day to over rate)

I can not see shady bowling that much until day 4-5 lords only but if he is part of the 6-1-4 I am happy with the batting.

If we play 5-1-2-3 it means the quicks can bowl all day and then we have Faheem at 8.

I guess the question comes down to how many overs our 3 main quicks can bowl in a day and how

6 Sarf
    7 Shadab
    8 Faheem

compares batting wise with

6 Fakhar/Saad/Salahuddin/Babar
    7 Sarfaraz
    8 Shadab

An interesting dilemma.

9-11 picks itself (though Mickey does love a bit of Rahat!)

1-5 is fairly predictable too as I don't think Shafiq is gonna get dropped. Babar might though depending on where Azhar bats

Looking forward to this

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Very good selections once again by Inzamam. I would have liked to see Junaid give another chance and maybe another spin option but there are no serious flaws in the squad, as expected.

People can cry over Fawad but the fact is that he's not that good.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Very good selections once again by Inzamam. I would have liked to see Junaid give another chance and maybe another spin option but there are no serious flaws in the squad, as expected.

People can cry over Fawad but the fact is that he's not that good.
    how would you justify 4 openers selection? why Imam is selected? why Rahat Ali is selected over Mir Hamza?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I cannot justify Imam's selection at all when you have already selected 3 openers in Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman and Sami Aslam. If Imam was really that important then they should not have selected Sami Aslam or Fakhar Zaman. Right now its looking very bad with 4 openers selected I am afraid that this selection reeks of nepotism and injustice and I was not expecting this from a person like Inzimam-ul-Haq.
    Azhar Ali will bat at #3 in England and Imam is one of the stars of the FC circuit. The reek must be coming from someplace else.

1) Sami Aslam
    2) Imam ul Haq
    3) Azhar Ali
    4) Babar Azam
    5) Haris Sohail
    6) Asad Shafiq
    7) Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
    8) Fahim Ashraf
    9) Mohammad Amir
    10) Hasan Ali
    11) Rahat Ali

This seems to be the best combination given that the conditions are expected to be quite conducive to swing and seam. Haris will be a crucial component since he's not only expected to score a good chunk of the runs but also bowl some spin when needed. @Abdullah

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali will bat at #3 in England and Imam is one of the stars of the FC circuit. The reek must be coming from someplace else.

1) Sami Aslam
    2) Imam ul Haq
    3) Azhar Ali
    4) Babar Azam
    5) Haris Sohail
    6) Asad Shafiq
    7) Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
    8) Fahim Ashraf
    9) Mohammad Amir
    10) Hasan Ali
    11) Rahat Ali

This seems to be the best combination given that the conditions are expected to be quite conducive to swing and seam. Haris will be a crucial component since he's not only expected to score a good chunk of the runs but also bowl some spin when needed. @Abdullah
    Azhar wont bat at #3, he will open and that's guaranteed

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    how would you justify 4 openers selection? why Imam is selected? why Rahat Ali is selected over Mir Hamza?
    Azhar Ali is a #3 and Imam was the third highest run-scorer and had an average of 50 in the 2016/17 season of the QEA trophy.

Not sure about what Rahat has done recently but regardless of form, he's someone who gets the ball moving when there is swing on offer and will be handy in England. Same reason I wanted Junaid in the squad.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why is that guaranteed? He's the best #3 we have for those conditions and there are two solid openers in the squad so it's not like we're short on options either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and they will not play with Imam ul Haq and rahat because of criticism for not selecting the faddi

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is that guaranteed? He's the best #3 we have for those conditions and there are two solid openers in the squad so it's not like we're short on options either.
    oh bhi! they was saying on first day that they will select one openner with Azhar . that mean Azhar is a openner
    but if they have changed their mind then you may be right..
    Last edited by letme alone; 17th April 2018 at 15:03.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar is best Pakistani opener in last decade. He had belted runs at that number in Eng, NZ and Aus, so no need to change jis position. He failed at no.3 against Sri Lanka(by his standards)

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali is a #3 and Imam was the third highest run-scorer and had an average of 50 in the 2016/17 season of the QEA trophy.

Not sure about what Rahat has done recently but regardless of form, he's someone who gets the ball moving when there is swing on offer and will be handy in England. Same reason I wanted Junaid in the squad.
    Azhar is an opener.

If Imam is that good then why select Sami Aslam or Fakhar Zaman? Now there are 4 openers (Azhar, Imam, Sami and Fakhar) which is too much. Failure of Inzi.

Mir Hamza is better swing bowler than Rahat Ali and would have been more handy in England than Rahat. Another failure of Inzi.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it, the top 4 need to be your most solid/compact players. I would say that that probably looks like Imam Sami Azhar and Haris.

The free scorers can follow 5-8 after the above 4.

That means Azhar at 3 even though he has been one of the better openers in world cricket in recent times

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar and Fakhar should open! Sami should be kicked out. Bobby should be 3 and Imam should be 4.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar and Sami should open with the sole purpose of blunting the new ball and weathering the initial spell from Broad/Anderson. If they can do that then Haris, Babar... even Asad can make hay.

Say what you want about Babar but that 90* in NZ was a great innings in swinging conditions. Would have been a hundred on any other pitch

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Azhar is best Pakistani opener in last decade. He had belted runs at that number in Eng, NZ and Aus, so no need to change jis position. He failed at no.3 against Sri Lanka(by his standards)
    He's a good opener but we need him at #3 in England. The ball will be moving around quite a bit and we need three solid grafters in the top three. Those would be Sami, Imam and Azhar.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Azhar is an opener.

If Imam is that good then why select Sami Aslam or Fakhar Zaman? Now there are 4 openers (Azhar, Imam, Sami and Fakhar) which is too much. Failure of Inzi.

Mir Hamza is better swing bowler than Rahat Ali and would have been more handy in England than Rahat. Another failure of Inzi.
    There are only three specialist openers in the side, two if you consider that Fakhar is seen as a middle-order bat by the coach, which is definitely not "too much". Mir Hamza is a better swing bowler than Rahat? Perhaps, but that is debatable and not clear cut.

These are not failures because we don't have the results in front of us right now. These are your opinions and wishes.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    united states
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Batting line up weak

This much is clear that fawad alam has been blackballed by someone powerful, because no matter who is in the board and in the selection committee, he is hardly picked and when he was picked, it was one days and t-20 matches, which is the wrong format for him even then he performed much better that most of the team. when he was choosen in 2015 for test matches, he didnt get a chance in the playing eleven even for a single game and then was dropped. all the excuses that he is older( he is 32) and his technique is wrong, and he is not strong enough to hit sixes, and the new one that they have seen better batsmen than fawad. its all bogus. look at the all the batsmen who have played for pakistan and the current team. have been between 32 and 42, look at the guys in the team. not a single one of them have a better international batting record (ave) or a better domestic record as compared to fawad. In the firness area, two years in the fitness camp in kakul military camp, fawad was the fittest player along with mishbah and shan masood, sherjeel was so unfit that he couldnt keep with the team and military trainers that he was prescribed a diff regimen and trainer, sherjeel was so bad in fitness, even then in 2015 and now in 2018 he has been one of the fittest player in the squad, only asad shafiq and rizwan were more fitter and had a higher score in the yoyo score. fawad was not selected. all the young guys selected were way down in the fitness levels. then experience counts for something. the experience of playing long innnings and grafting which guys like in the current team dont possess. good luck to fawad, may he get justice and a chance to play for pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    united states
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sami aslam is very weak in batting and he will be thoroughly exposed in english conditions by english fast bowlers. the guys cant score in uae conditions and pak domestic matches, he ave less than 35.00 i dont know how inzamam thinks he can do better in english conditions.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakteam#1 View Post
    sami aslam is very weak in batting and he will be thoroughly exposed in english conditions by english fast bowlers. the guys cant score in uae conditions and pak domestic matches, he ave less than 35.00 i dont know how inzamam thinks he can do better in english conditions.
    Is that why he did very well in the limited chanses he got?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 4 technically strong

1.Sami
    2.Azhar
    3.Haris
    4.Asad

Quick scorers

5.Fakhar
    6.Saad
    7.Sarfraz

4 quicks(1 AR)

8.Faheem
    9.Hassan
    10.Amir
    11.Abbas

Four seamers + 5th bowling(Haris, Asad and Azhar for SLA, OB and LBG)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Top 4 technically strong

1.Sami
    2.Azhar
    3.Haris
    4.Asad

Quick scorers

5.Fakhar
    6.Saad
    7.Sarfraz

4 quicks(1 AR)

8.Faheem
    9.Hassan
    10.Amir
    11.Abbas

Best possible line-up

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Top 4 technically strong

1.Sami
    2.Azhar
    3.Haris
    4.Asad

Quick scorers

5.Fakhar
    6.Saad
    7.Sarfraz

4 quicks(1 AR)

8.Faheem
    9.Hassan
    10.Amir
    11.Abbas

this is very good lineup; Asad has to perform at #4 or terminate his test career; cannot babysit him anymore