Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Younis Khan drops out of the Level 3 Coaching Course in Lahore

https://www.brecorder.com/2018/04/16...-mistreatment/

Pakistan’s greatest Test batsman Younis Khan, who had decided to pursue a career in coaching after participating in a Level 3 Coaching Course in Lahore, is now returning to Karachi after he was asked to stay in the room of a senior management official.

The leading runs scorer for Pakistan tweeted a video of him, revealing the irresponsible act of the National Cricket Academy’s staff in Lahore.

“I have arrived here in Lahore at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). As you all know I am here to take part on Level 3 course. But bad luck is that, when I reached here, there was no information about me,” Younis said in a video message.

“I came here after receiving a mail from NCA, in which it was written that it will be an honour for us if you participate in this training pregame. This message motivated me and led me to here.”

“When I arrived, I was asked to stay in this room for a night, which belongs to a senior management official. I can’t stay here without permission, so I have decided to travel back to Karachi.”

“I can’t take part in the course, where I was asked to share other’s room. It is an embarrassment for Younis Khan,” he added.

Younis, who retired from the Test cricket last year after becoming the country’s most successful Test cricketer with 10,099 runs, was asked to participate in the course. It is being organized by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and will be conducted by Australians.

Former Test-spinner Akram Raza is also participating in this course. Back in 2011, the PCB removed Raza, who was then an umpire in Pakistan’s domestic matches, from umpiring after he was arrested on charges of betting on Indian Premier League matches.

Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 16th April 2018 at 09:43.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry what??he's thrown a wobbly again because he wasnt given the right "protocol"..Dear God..Younis stop being a drama queen and get on with things!!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    781 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Younis being a prima donna once again!

Isn't he there to participate in a Level 3 Coaching Course? Why is he making an issue on what room was he provided to stay in??

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Younis takes slights so easily.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha classic Younis. He says he doesn't want to cause any trouble or awkwardness for the manager who's room he's been given. At the same time, he's opening the guy's private cupboards live on a social media video

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Irresponsible from NCA management but a typical OTT reaction from younis khan.

With this toxic attitude, I wonder if PCB should allow him near the kids who aspire to be cricketers. He takes things way too personally and kids can become casualties of his ego.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team man

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too over the top as usual.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think the organizers need to manage this stuff better, if what YK says is true.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why was he invited in the first place? If someone aspires to be a coach then let them fund their own training.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I think the organizers need to manage this stuff better, if what YK says is true.
    Yes but is posting on social media the best way to respond?

I dont see players around the world posting mismanagement issues on their twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts,

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And some people want this man to be our future coach. Lmao
    Please keep big egos away from Pak tram.

There is not a single ex-cricketer apart from Mudassar Nazar fit for coaching our national team. Har kisi mai koi na koi msla hai.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Team man
    What a drameybaaz. I find it hilarious when these "celebrities" refer to themselves in the 3rd person. I don't think they realize how foolish it comes across.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Yes but is posting on social media the best way to respond?

I dont see players around the world posting mismanagement issues on their twitter, Facebook and Instagram posts,
    Depends - my first instance was to think of this as the usual YK tantrum and it definitely is that. And yes it shows how poor he is at influencing people (which is why I have always advocated that he must never be part of any administrative structure related to Pakistan cricket)

BUT.... despite all of the above, this is poor by the organizers and needs to be advertised far and wide. I am also perturbed that ppl associated with illegal betting are simply allowed to roll up to this place for a new career

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always the victim

As a general rule in life donít trust people who like referring to themselves in the third person

True ego maniac, the most selfish player outside of the fixers to put on a Pak shirt, should be nowhere the team

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is saying a right thing in a wrong way

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why couldn't he have just gotten a hotel for the night and sort it out the next day. I am sure he has done well enough for himself to afford the best hotel in town.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Yes. This is the best way to describe it

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    such a drama queen, always wants to throw a tantrum and run away and be the center of attention

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the big deal about being asked to spend one night in on-site lodging, that some idiotic "senior managment official" decided to treat as his jagir and left a few things there?

There is NOTHING "right" about Younis and his ego in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Why couldn't he have just gotten a hotel for the night and sort it out the next day. I am sure he has done well enough for himself to afford the best hotel in town.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    What is the big deal about being asked to spend one night in on-site lodging, that some idiotic "senior managment official" decided to treat as his jagir and left a few things there?

There is NOTHING "right" about Younis and his ego in this case.
    Bro see how India, Australia and other cricketing Nations treat their stars.
    You need to treat a guy like Younis in a much better way; honestly there shud have been a proper reception for him.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You need to treat a guy like Younis in a much better way; honestly there shud have been a proper reception for him.
    Yes I wonder how they would have treated a player who blackmailed his way into a World Cup squad by threatening to retire from tests

A player who decided to go fishing during tough forgein tours
    A player who dragged a fan into a room and beat him with a shoe

I know for sure that if he was Australian, younis would have had a national team ban long ago

Amazing player, but an absolutely egotistical nutcase

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The most selfish player we've produced in the last few decades.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boo hoo, he didn't get the VVIP "star" treatment at the academy where he was signed up as a student for the coaching course. Is he there to study and get certified or get 'star' treatment?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    Oh boo hoo, he didn't get the VVIP "star" treatment at the academy where he was signed up as a student for the coaching course. Is he there to study and get certified or get 'star' treatment?
    He didn't join academy; he was invited by the academy to join the camp saying it would be an honour for them.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should go and get his coaching badges in England or Australia .

Try to link up back with Yorkshire and get his badges via them

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    He should go and get his coaching badges in England or Australia .

Try to link up back with Yorkshire and get his badges via them
    He has already a Level 2 coach and i think he has done that training in England.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has already a Level 2 coach and i think he has done that training in England.
    I'm sure he didn't pull any stunts demanding VVIP treatment when he went to get his training in England.

Typical desi mentality. All good behavior and civilized when interacting with others, but in a 'home' environment, start throwing weight around.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 16th April 2018 at 14:26.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Yes I wonder how they would have treated a player who blackmailed his way into a World Cup squad by threatening to retire from tests

I know for sure that if he was Australian, younis would have had a national team ban long ago

Please tell me one thing. Younis had to take a course in coaching, right? It is for his own coaching career. Why on earth is he not spending his own money on accomodation and other things? Ek to coaching bhi karwao aur nakhry bhi uthao sahab ke.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Please tell me one thing. Younis had to take a course in coaching, right? It is for his own coaching career. Why on earth is he not spending his own money on accomodation and other things? Ek to coaching bhi karwao aur nakhry bhi uthao sahab ke.
    Why was he invited?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic attitude. You have a chance to get a coaching qualification and your throwing it away because you didn't have your own room ?

Bravo team man.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He Really isnt the classy man he is often made out to be. The famous picture where 2 guys are holding back Inzi whilst he was running off laughing comes to mind.

As soon as I saw the video and when he mentioned himself in the 3rd person, thats when I knew this guy really isnt correct in the head.

Tendulkar, Ponting, Lara or even Shane warne wouldnt do something as egotistical as that. I think PCB should make a point by saying enough is enough. He is by far the biggest trouble maker out of all the guys that have served Pakistan for as long as he did.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If this is exactly the fact stated (regarding accommodation), then I think the reaction is predictable and expected as well. YK has a bad reputation, therefore people are missing the big picture here.

It's not about YK's ego, rather lack of professionalism from PCB. YK had been in that academy many times, and finding a place in Lahore for a night isn't a big deal for him, BUT there is a standard protocol of everything. They invited one of countries best ever players for a coaching program, then he had to be accommodated in a last minute makeshift arrangement - it may fit Eritrean Cricket Board (no disrespect intended), but not for the 2nd largest Cricket Board in world.

I give a real life example - Govt. officials often attend seminars & work-shop in different cities. Imagine a Govt. official at the rank of say Assistant Commissioner/ Astt. Secretary goes to another city for a seminar and finds accommodation outside protocol, say sharing at someone's booked room or at some official's home for a night ...... if it's a Secretary, someone will pay for it and if it's a minister - someone's whole family might pay for it. Say any of us in PP has booked a hotel room; then upon arrival, hotel management tells that, there is a change in plan; I doubt how many here will accept with a smile - personally, I'll simply change the hotel if I am not satisfied with the change, if alternatives are available. And, I'll definitely lodge a written complaint in any case.

What YK did, many of us here would have done so, if he/she had the status of YK, and rightly so. What YK did wrong is that he put his own name in it - that's education or lack of it; a more polished person would have said the same in 3rd person.

It's lack of professionalism by PCB, regardless of YK or a common trainee. He was invited, hence people are thinking it's a favor for YK - he should accept whatever ...; if it was a paid program, then everyone would have said exactly opposite, since he has paid for the service. Personally, if I were YK, I would have attended the courses, but would have stayed at my own arrangements for the whole period - to make a point, and I would have definitely made sure that public knows it.

Forget about Sethi (nothing personal, it's PCB Chairman), if any of his ******* suffered same, it would have been a big issue. In fact, it won't ever happen to a PCB official - they are the custodian of PAK cricket, YK was simply a servant and he was well paid for his labor ......
    Last edited by MMHS; 16th April 2018 at 16:07.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Team man strikes again. What a drama queen.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unprofessional and sick of NCA staff to treat their former test cricketer like this. If they had a problem in accomodation they could've got a hotel room for the invitee for a night till next day when the program was suppose to start. Most probably NCA did'nt want to spend money so they pushed a former test cricketer into senior mgmt. room. Doubt such pathetic things are done by other boards.
    Given the amount of budget is spent on these jokes in the NCA. These kinds of shenanigans are really shameful.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sounded like a patwari 🤦🏽*♂️

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised by the reaction here.

Younis Khan did absolutely the right thing. The guy has scored countless runs for Pakistan team and to be treated in such a manner is ridiculous!

And those who are calling him out for posting this online... what else is he meant to do? keep quiet and take the rubbish from NCA?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, reading some of the comments here. Have you guys bothered to even read or heard as to what happened? What you are describing is completely contrary to the actual events.

He turned up to NCA as advised in the letter and they had no idea he was coming. They are asking him to stay in the room of another official, without permission of the official. Sounds pretty terrible from NCA. I don't understand how Younis is at fault.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well put.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I am not the biggest Misbah ul Haq fan from a cricketing point of view but this would have been a complete non-issue if this was him involved. Pathetic stuff

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he didn't threaten to shoot himself this time

Complete non issue.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once a paindoo always a paindoo. He really is pathetic. Just they way he handles such stuff shows how stupid he is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We as a nation aren't known for being professional so it shouldn't be too much of a shock if the right accommodation wasn't arranged in time. At least he was offered a clean room of some senior level person and not the janitors room.

He says he doesn't want to use someone else's room while showing the wardrobe of the uninformed person to the whole world.

Making a public video of the issue is over the top reaction, he should have given his complaints in person and directly to those involved. Besides he did end up using the room since there was no other option available. So flying back the next day was really unnecessary,since he was only asked to spent one night in that room.

Sad to witness grown men acting but-hurt and whining to public for sympathy points.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If this is exactly the fact stated (regarding accommodation), then I think the reaction is predictable and expected as well. YK has a bad reputation, therefore people are missing the big picture here.

It's not about YK's ego, rather lack of professionalism from PCB. YK had been in that academy many times, and finding a place in Lahore for a night isn't a big deal for him, BUT there is a standard protocol of everything. They invited one of countries best ever players for a coaching program, then he had to be accommodated in a last minute makeshift arrangement - it may fit Eritrean Cricket Board (no disrespect intended), but not for the 2nd largest Cricket Board in world.

I give a real life example - Govt. officials often attend seminars & work-shop in different cities. Imagine a Govt. official at the rank of say Assistant Commissioner/ Astt. Secretary goes to another city for a seminar and finds accommodation outside protocol, say sharing at someone's booked room or at some official's home for a night ...... if it's a Secretary, someone will pay for it and if it's a minister - someone's whole family might pay for it. Say any of us in PP has booked a hotel room; then upon arrival, hotel management tells that, there is a change in plan; I doubt how many here will accept with a smile - personally, I'll simply change the hotel if I am not satisfied with the change, if alternatives are available. And, I'll definitely lodge a written complaint in any case.

What YK did, many of us here would have done so, if he/she had the status of YK, and rightly so. What YK did wrong is that he put his own name in it - that's education or lack of it; a more polished person would have said the same in 3rd person.

It's lack of professionalism by PCB, regardless of YK or a common trainee. He was invited, hence people are thinking it's a favor for YK - he should accept whatever ...; if it was a paid program, then everyone would have said exactly opposite, since he has paid for the service. Personally, if I were YK, I would have attended the courses, but would have stayed at my own arrangements for the whole period - to make a point, and I would have definitely made sure that public knows it.

Forget about Sethi (nothing personal, it's PCB Chairman), if any of his ******* suffered same, it would have been a big issue. In fact, it won't ever happen to a PCB official - they are the custodian of PAK cricket, YK was simply a servant and he was well paid for his labor ......
    After reading your post I do have more sympathy for Younis. However him flying back the next day does come across as a "too cool for school" kind of behavior.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Geoff Lawson stayed at the NCA throughout his stint as Pakistan Head Coach.

Could YK not have stayed there for one night even?

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Bowler View Post
    I am surprised by the reaction here.

Younis Khan did absolutely the right thing. The guy has scored countless runs for Pakistan team and to be treated in such a manner is ridiculous!

And those who are calling him out for posting this online... what else is he meant to do? keep quiet and take the rubbish from NCA?
    No. Just work with NCA instead of posting on social media.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Geoff Lawson stayed at the NCA throughout his stint as Pakistan Head Coach.

Could YK not have stayed there for one night even?
    Lol, Woolmer used to stay at the NCA.

Woolmer on record even mentioned that he had supported YK through thick and skin but was disappointed with his lack of professionalism and prime a dona antics, this was at the time of the 2006 Dummy Question Fiasco

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I can give you examples of Bollywood celebrities with countless years i.e. 20-30 years of services to the Indian film and entertainment industry and these guys who were well within their rights to ask for royal treatment accepted short term last minute make shift arrangements.

YK is not even in the same league.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaankeJi View Post
    No. Just work with NCA instead of posting on social media.
    That's the part I find the most disappointing. NCA isn't a holidays wellness resort. I am assuming he went their to improve his coaching abilities which in return would benefit the Pakistani youth. Leaving the whole program for one stupid room just shows he isn't serious about helping the kids.

Complaints are welcome but there's a proper way to express them.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK should take some level 1 courses in humility.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Was privileged to be part of an event in Goa at the end of February where Gavaskar was the chief guest - and he was utterly humble, even making it a point to take down names of the folks who co-ordinated his stay, and gave them autographed bats afterward. He had also just flown back from South Africa via Mumbai, and even though he was being paid a lot of money for the appearance - it was still commendable of him for not only being so thoughtful, but also giving a rousing and topical speech on innovation in cricket when he was called up.

Younis Khan and this video seems the polar opposite.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If staying in that room was beneath him then why not just stay in a hotel and sort it out the next day?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the guy but here younis is right.
    Its like you invite a guest to stay with you in your house and when he/she arrived, you said "we don't have a room for you, why not you slerp in someone else's room". How would the guest feel about it.
    And younis wasn't just an ordinar guest in NCA. He is a former captain and a renowned player.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    While the NCA staff was unprofessional, I'm not sure it required such a reaction. YK is there for the Level 3 Coaching Course and that's the only thing he should keep in his mind.

You won't make a good coach if you can't let things slide from time to time.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    This guy will have hundreds of friends in Lahore - why not stay with one of them. Why all this drama.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Toronto , Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    If staying in that room was beneath him then why not just stay in a hotel and sort it out the next day?
    He is celebrity. He can stay anywhere. If a bollywood hero does this than understandable at some extent but a sportperson have been worst place than this specially starting of his career. It reminds me DK. He is Sr since 2005 (?) and played with several big guns but he chose to go out of his comfort zone in mumbai with kunal and improved his big shots. I have read his interview somewhere how he retrained after drop in price from 11 crore to 2 crore.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is enough evidence to support the claim that YK is a crazy genius

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should learn a thing from Imran Khan - have seen photos of IK sleeping on the road, on top of storage containers, and on top of hut style houses.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Younus' point, but it is a case of throwing a hissy fit at the end of the day. People saying he has no right to be annoyed are wrong though, he has a point, but I think this is over the top and publicly saying it like this is unprofessional and unnecessary.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Irresponsible from NCA management but a typical OTT reaction from younis khan.

With this toxic attitude, I wonder if PCB should allow him near the kids who aspire to be cricketers. He takes things way too personally and kids can become casualties of his ego.
    This is the way he gets his way, you can't be a nice guy like Fawad Alam and keep accepting slap after slap from these PCB buffoons, the only way you can get your way is showing how they treat their players in such an unprofessional manner. Fawad needs to take trick from Younis' playbook and learn to create a fuss about things, otherwise he should move to Canada... these PCB bullies will treat you like the **** of their toes whenever they get a chance

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He should learn a thing from Imran Khan - have seen photos of IK sleeping on the road, on top of storage containers, and on top of hut style houses.
    Or in 40 acre Mansion... where do you get this stuff from? Imran is the elite of elites, he has not seen half the poverty YK has seen in his life

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the drama queen is at it again.

It's for the best, you don't need people like him infecting the future generation.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you say is true, but at the same time he has performed well for Pak too.

10,000 + test runs, 34 centuries, + his efforts in the slips, won his team many test matches.

At least he is not like Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal who have egos without even achieving anything.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    What you say is true, but at the same time he has performed well for Pak too.

10,000 + test runs, 34 centuries, + his efforts in the slips, won his team many test matches.

At least he is not like Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal who have egos without even achieving anything.
    And in your opinion achieving "something" gives him a free pass to act like a prima donna?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he pay for the course? If not, why is he complaining.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1627 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I can give you examples of Bollywood celebrities with countless years i.e. 20-30 years of services to the Indian film and entertainment industry and these guys who were well within their rights to ask for royal treatment accepted short term last minute make shift arrangements.

YK is not even in the same league.

I heard a story of AB (Bachhan). For a shooting at Chennai, he was in his full costume & make - up; just when there was a power outage. Studio people couldnít arrange generator instantly and AB was sweating. His co actors started to complain and asked for canceling the schedule. Anupam Kher (whoís telling the story later at Stardust) went to AB (who was reading something), and asked him to raise voice so that either they cancel the schedule or fix the issue quickly. AB politely asked him to relax & have patience, because this is out of control for the studio/organizer. If anyone makes their life difficult, thingsíll get only worse.

Coming to this topic, what I have read from OP, I donít think itís an issue of make shift arrangement - YK has hundreds of places in Lahore to stay for a night. I am sure most of his long term team mates are Lahore based and they are not in tours now. The issue is how you treat your celebrity - some of the top NCA people are YKs seniors; I do think if Mushi or Mudassar briefed YK regarding the inconvenience in person, things would have been different.

Here my point is, I am sure no one here has bothered or cared for that YK is invited and he needs an accommodation. How much does it cost for a 5 Star accommodation for one night, may be $200 max - how difficult was it for PCB (someone from) to give him a prior call and inform that, there is a makeshift arrangement - YK can either stay at a hotel (@ PCBís expense), or they can accommodate him to a Sr. officials place instead of a surprise ? I am sure, it wonít have ended like this.

But yes, his reaction reflects his personality & education; he could have responded in a better manner. No way, he should have missed the course for sure. I am not sure if I have read every bit of the story, but based on OP, one canít blame YK alone.

One truth is, PCB doesnít treat itís players accordingly, therefore the relationship is often bitter - both side is waiting to catch other off guard. I give an example - 2014 PAK Cup (equivalent) was arranged at Multan (?), and that was last audition before WC team selection. Couple of games were rescheduled because players couldnít come for a railway delay (or something like that).

Bottom line is, some of PAKís national players for such an important tournament were travelling by train, when the host city has an international airport and PCB spends lavishly for itís office bearers. Now, if some of those players end up as PAK great, 10 years later donít get surprised for a counter reaction.

I try to see events from both ends - YK isnít saint for sure, but I feel most people are shooting him at first sight for his past reputation.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Was privileged to be part of an event in Goa at the end of February where Gavaskar was the chief guest - and he was utterly humble, even making it a point to take down names of the folks who co-ordinated his stay, and gave them autographed bats afterward. He had also just flown back from South Africa via Mumbai, and even though he was being paid a lot of money for the appearance - it was still commendable of him for not only being so thoughtful, but also giving a rousing and topical speech on innovation in cricket when he was called up.

Younis Khan and this video seems the polar opposite.
    Doesn't apply here. Gavaskar showed his gratitude because he was treated well. I've heard of Pak players being magnanimous too. I think Younis went public because his complaints probably went to deaf years.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saintgrace View Post
    He is celebrity. He can stay anywhere. If a bollywood hero does this than understandable at some extent but a sportperson have been worst place than this specially starting of his career. It reminds me DK. He is Sr since 2005 (?) and played with several big guns but he chose to go out of his comfort zone in mumbai with kunal and improved his big shots. I have read his interview somewhere how he retrained after drop in price from 11 crore to 2 crore.
    Apples and Oranges. That was Abhishek Nayyar btw

"Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    To be really frank but these things cant be good over all for Pakistan cricket. Somethings need to probably be sorted out behind closed doors. I don't think he has achieved much with this video to be honest. He might be called back with better reception and arrangements in the future but does that fix the problem?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should he get special treatment just cause he's a former cricket "star"? This is a coaching program, it's up to him if he want's to join it to advance his career in coaching. He should've arrange his own accommodation, staying at a board officials room rent free is a privilege he should be grateful for. I'm pretty sure he's a millionaire so booking his own 5 star hotel room shouldn't be a big deal for him.

Younus Khan has always had an attitude/ego issue and it's better if he stays away from the national cricket scene.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical drama queen

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for making the only balanced post in the majority of this thread.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK has always had a big ego as seen here which is why I was never in favour of him being a captain in any format for Pakistan. Nevertheless, PCB has once again managed to get bad rep because of silly things like this. Adequate preperation should have been made no matter who the guest was.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    The Moon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    YK has always come across as a drama queen. Always feeling entitled to everything and then playing victim when small matters like those could easily be sorted with some professionalism. Yes he is a Pakistani legend but his behavior is damaging his reputation.

Have you ever been to heaven at night?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Moody guy at times.

I recall at Worcester when Pakistan last toured England, a few fans went up to him for pics and autograph and he was very rude to them.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm baffled as to why people are making it seem like YK is in the wrong here

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK making sure we haven't forgotten about him. YK no doubt is a legend of Pak cricket, but really needs to handle himself better in these tyoe of situations although it was clearly not his fault on this occasion.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blessing in disguise his tantrums are legendary. He tantrumed his way into being probably the worst batmans to have ever player more than 100 games for any odi team period

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I'm baffled as to why people are making it seem like YK is in the wrong here
    Deadball thinks otherwise.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randi-rona khatam nahi hoga is bande ka kabhi

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz