Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Ton of media pressure on Inzi.

But so glad he didn't give up and chose the squad on merit, cricketing potential plus technique.

Also glad Ppers who rely on spreadsheets aren't the selectors.
    define merit .."cricketing potential plus technique is not definition of merit In which book can this find please give address so we can read "

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Such an idiotic statement from Inzi. So unprofessional and downright pathetic.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Such an idiotic statement from Inzi. So unprofessional and downright pathetic.
    Think any less thick skinned person than Fawad would have been on suicide watch by now

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have to agree with inzi this guy was struggling in club cricket here in the UK and the last time he played for us he was made to look like a tailenser by Maxwell. The like of haris,Babar,Saad and Usman are way better then him. By the way people mentioning Rashid needs to know he even wants us to pick pure no 11 khurram manzoor and tabish Khan. Unfortunately for fawad he choose the wrong career . I would have advised he to have given hockey a try as his technique is more suited there.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Have to agree with inzi this guy was struggling in club cricket here in the UK and the last time he played for us he was made to look like a tailenser by Maxwell. The like of haris,Babar,Saad and Usman are way better then him. By the way people mentioning Rashid needs to know he even wants us to pick pure no 11 khurram manzoor and tabish Khan. Unfortunately for fawad he choose the wrong career . I would have advised he to have given hockey a try as his technique is more suited there.
    haris,Babar,Saad and Usman what they do in uk

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawads stats speak for themselves, however the ship has already sailed for him im afraid. Many posters on here calling for his inclusion are probably basing their assumption on his stats rather than actually seeing him bat recently. As Saj rightfully mentioned earlier Fawad played league cricket in the UK last summer, and i actually had the pleasure of watching him play. Too much happening at the crease for me, this may put doubts in the minds off Pakistani FC bowlers but International bowlers especially in English conditions will find him out time and again.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid Latif always brings his Karachi bias into everything

Can't take him seriously

I don't think fawad should be discarded he should be given 2/3 series In uae in tests which will give us a clue to where his game is ,if misbah managed to come into the team at a much older age then fawad shouldn't be out of contention at 32 plus he is one of the fittest players in Pakistan

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    haris,Babar,Saad and Usman what they do in uk
    They won't be playing hockey atleat.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-04-16-20-46-35-1.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  7.1 KB

#JusticeForFawad

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nice reply by Inzi

Name:  30726107_10155631502503137_4817050416556539904_n.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  77.8 KB

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was up to some PP experts we would play a bunch of lalloos and if it were up to Rashid Latif, we would play Karachi XI and not Pakistan. A guy who wants Khurram Manzoor in the team should never be taken seriously....

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    sir i don't want fawdii success only, we want justice so fair chance. if he will make 0 or more in every match no matter . every single player try to reach goal and when you close door that mean injustice and disappointing.
    I don't disagree, but you have to look at bigger picture. Fawad was deprived 6/7 years back, I can feel sorry for him; but if we keep on rectifying earlier mistake at the cost of present, none can move forward. Fawad's time is over man - his present is off color and future is bleak. Saad Ali & Saud are the future - doing justice (deferred) to Fawad shouldn't create next Fawad out of those 2 young players.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Who do you think should start in the 11...Saad Ali or Usman Salahuddin?
    My starting XI for Lord's is probably -

Azhar
    Sami
    Babar
    Hari
    Sarfraz
    Asad
    Saad Ali
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hasan
    Rahat
    ------------------

I think, 8 of the XI makes it automatically. For rest 3 spots,

1. I picked Sami as Azhar's partner. More than anything, he has toured UK once and played few Tests there. I think, toughest 2 batting jobs are opening in ENG (that too early summer) and batting in middle order in IND. Sami has the experience, and in a 2 Test series Fakhar or Imam won't get much experience.

2. Fahim over Shadab - in late May, Shadab isn't going to bowl more than Haris. He is too inexperienced and most likely he'll struggle to grip the ball. May be in 2nd Test at Leeds, he can come but not at Lord's. I think, Lord's Test will be short - may be 4 days, therefore PAK isn't going to bowl more than 200 overs. If 3 pacers can't do it, replacing Fahim with Abbas won't work either; but Fahim can bat and he is much faster. 150 overs form 3 pacers, 35 from Fahim and 15 for Haris - batting from Fahim is bonus over Abbas.

3. Asad doesn't want to move out of 6, hence he should be kept there, as he is performing at 6. That makes Sarfraz to bat at 7, which I don't want - he'll face the 2nd ball immediately and he isn't the striker to add crucial additional 50/60 with tail. So, I'll play him at 5, making the youngster debut at 7. Among Saad & Usman, I think Saad is more attacking and in top form, which should make him ideal No. 7. If it was No. 3 or 4, I probably would have gone with Usman, but for lower middle order Saad is my choice - he scored almost a thousand runs on shocking wickets at 75+ SR, which makes him ideal candidate for 7.

Among 3 pacers, if Abbas is to play, I'll actually drop Hasan rather Rahat. On song Rahat is more penetrative than even Amir, and he is the only guy over 6' in this squad.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS not even Fakhar at 7? As per media rumours he will bat in the middle order.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shafiq's place is under threat so expecting a 100 which will close the door for Fawad even more

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    @MMHS not even Fakhar at 7? As per media rumours he will bat in the middle order.
    May be, but he has made his fame from opening in LOs; it'll be unfair for Saad to be dropped after having such a domestic season, to accommodate FZ.

If he is selected, I'll also play FZ in between 5-7

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    This tour has flashbacks of England 2010, young side can't manage to win a match on its own, with Azhar (except one innings), Umar Amin, Umar Akmal and all the other youngsters failing...

Suddenly Moyo and Yasir Hameed come along and Pakistan end up winning a test match at the oval - with Azhar scoring 91...
    Actually Pakistan drew the series against Australia 1-1 before that.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post

Azhar
    Sami
    Babar
    Hari
    Sarfraz
    Asad
    Saad Ali
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hasan
    Rahat
    ------------------

I think, 8 of the XI makes it automatically. For rest 3 spots,

1. I picked Sami as Azhar's partner. More than anything, he has toured UK once and played few Tests there. I think, toughest 2 batting jobs are opening in ENG (that too early summer) and batting in middle order in IND. Sami has the experience, and in a 2 Test series Fakhar or Imam won't get much experience.

2. Fahim over Shadab - in late May, Shadab isn't going to bowl more than Haris. He is too inexperienced and most likely he'll struggle to grip the ball. May be in 2nd Test at Leeds, he can come but not at Lord's. I think, Lord's Test will be short - may be 4 days, therefore PAK isn't going to bowl more than 200 overs. If 3 pacers can't do it, replacing Fahim with Abbas won't work either; but Fahim can bat and he is much faster. 150 overs form 3 pacers, 35 from Fahim and 15 for Haris - batting from Fahim is bonus over Abbas.

3. Asad doesn't want to move out of 6, hence he should be kept there, as he is performing at 6. That makes Sarfraz to bat at 7, which I don't want - he'll face the 2nd ball immediately and he isn't the striker to add crucial additional 50/60 with tail. So, I'll play him at 5, making the youngster debut at 7. Among Saad & Usman, I think Saad is more attacking and in top form, which should make him ideal No. 7. If it was No. 3 or 4, I probably would have gone with Usman, but for lower middle order Saad is my choice - he scored almost a thousand runs on shocking wickets at 75+ SR, which makes him ideal candidate for 7.

Among 3 pacers, if Abbas is to play, I'll actually drop Hasan rather Rahat. On song Rahat is more penetrative than even Amir, and he is the only guy over 6' in this squad.
    Agree with your team. I think Sami is the way to go in tests...he will come good but I don't know if Mickey and the team is going to open with Azhar (I hope they do).

You're right. Faheem should get a game ahead of Shadab...and based on how he does the team can switch them for the 2nd test.

I still think Asad should be moved up for two reasons:
    1) He's scored mostly soft 100s coming at 6...there's no point in those. Maximum he has to bat at 5...preferably 4. If he fails..he fails...end of the road for him
    2) He's been groomed to be the backbone after Misbah and Younis...he needs to be forced to take responsibility and sending him at 6 will not make much of a difference specially when 3-30 is a regular thing with Pak batting.

I think this would be my order:

1) Sami
    2) Azhar
    3) Babar
    4) Asad
    5) Harris
    6) Saad
    7) Sarfaraz
    8) Faheed
    9) Hassan
    10) Amir
    11) Rahat

I think Sarfraz shouldn't bat up the order since he can't build an innings. He's a busy player and will be better utilized to score those additional 40-50 runs the team needs down the order.

What happens when Yasir is fit though? If he Faheem does well as a batsman and bowler than it could make things tricky.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    Rashid Latif always brings his Karachi bias into everything

Can't take him seriously

I don't think fawad should be discarded he should be given 2/3 series In uae in tests which will give us a clue to where his game is ,if misbah managed to come into the team at a much older age then fawad shouldn't be out of contention at 32 plus he is one of the fittest players in Pakistan
    Rashid most certainly does not. What he calls for is selection based on merit. Tabish has taken something like 500 FC wickets. Now would he be a world beater or even international standard, probably not based on the little I have seen of him but the point is, players should be rewarded for their excellence in FC as generally top performers end up doing well in international as well.

If one player doesn't deliver you move on to the next domestic performer and give them an opportunity. This isn't rocket science.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    If it was up to some PP experts we would play a bunch of lalloos and if it were up to Rashid Latif, we would play Karachi XI and not Pakistan. A guy who wants Khurram Manzoor in the team should never be taken seriously....
    He has not called for Khurram's inclusion in quite a while but on merit he did warrant selection earlier since he was scoring in FC. But obviously it is not the case today so he hasn't called for his selection either.

His point is that players should be rewarded with selection when they are performing to see if they can do it at international level and that they should be given a proper chance to assess them instead of dropping them just a handful of matches later.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it will be good for Fawad Alam to try to secure a county contract - play a season. If he does well, there are 2-3 good seasons in Pakistan colors in it for him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Maybe it will be good for Fawad Alam to try to secure a county contract - play a season. If he does well, there are 2-3 good seasons in Pakistan colors in it for him.
    He was struggling in club cricket there. Why would a county want to get him.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What is so special about this guy anyways? Can't clear the circle, has the ugliest batting stance of all time and is a total grafter who relies on singles for most of his runs. He's also nearing 35 years of age and is a middle-order batsman, of which we have no shortage in Pakistan.

I will take Babar, Imam, Haris and Saad over Fawad because they are all much younger, more talented and unlike Fawad, have actually managed to impress the coach, captain and selectors. Numbers are not the be all, end all. The people working behind the scenes can actually tell whether someone like Fawad can handle Jimmy Anderson at home or not.

And please, enough of the nepotism accusations. Imam has only now gotten a chance in the test team and this is not an easy tour either. Besides, like Inzamam said, the other selectors made the the call to include him in the team, not Inzi.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munda_khi View Post
    Actually Pakistan drew the series against Australia 1-1 before that.
    We were lucky it was only a 2 match series... we almost made a mess and holed out to a small chase against Aus... the fact that it ended 1-1 flattered our team more than Aus

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it doesn't work like that. Sachin doesn't have a 100 at Lord's but I think even Wasim does. Does that make Wasim better than SRT?

There are better players in line who are also young. They are a more worthy investment and it's time to build them. Like Saad Ali, Imam.

Read the post below:

Spot on. Excellent post.
    Yes the old, there are more worthy names out there than Fawad arguement. As if having Fawad even present in the squad becomes a cardinal sin. That somewhat harms our cricketing fraternity, or makes us embarrassed in front of the world. On the contrary, the opposite is happening with Fawad's exclusion. Cricketing media from Cricket Australia to English cricket are talking about it, along with cricinfo. Credit to Pakistan for making such a mockery of our system like that. Pakistan cricket may have gotten rid of alot of stigmas associated with them, some prejudices still stand and have decadent of the system.

The fact that the man with the highest average in the history of Pakistan cricket managed to only play 3 matches for his country is a farce in itself. An inexcusable crime that can't be justified in any way whatsoever.

If I was told I was in the waiting list for 5-6 years, I would love to be on the first list sooner or later, rather than being told for your inferiors and juniors to jump ahead of you. If that happens, it wreaks of bias and bigotry rather than anything else.

No point having to have a system if those who play by the rules don't get the chance.

If I was waiting in a line to pay my bill, or waiting in line to get my tandoor ki roti, I would want my roti, I wouldn't want people who are behind me to come ahead of me and get to pay the bill before me or get my tandoor ki roti ahead of me... if its not happening for a long time... its just basic human decency.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes because English pitches are such minefields, that no one can bat on them.. Saeed Ajmal can score a 50, Imran Farhat can score 50s on those pitches, mediocre batsmen like Faisal Iqbal can bat, while Zulqarnain Haider can score an 80, Kamran akmal can bat for infinite test matches despite failing every time.... Wasim and Waqar can win you a test match by making a partnership of 50, Saqlain mustaq can score 50s playing county in England....... but poooooooor Fawad Alam of all ppl, won't be able to get bat on ball because he can't hit a six.... my Godddddddd
    Last edited by waleed88; 18th April 2018 at 00:45.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    What is so special about this guy anyways? Can't clear the circle, has the ugliest batting stance of all time and is a total grafter who relies on singles for most of his runs. He's also nearing 35 years of age and is a middle-order batsman, of which we have no shortage in Pakistan.

I will take Babar, Imam, Haris and Saad over Fawad because they are all much younger, more talented and unlike Fawad, have actually managed to impress the coach, captain and selectors. Numbers are not the be all, end all. The people working behind the scenes can actually tell whether someone like Fawad can handle Jimmy Anderson at home or not.

And please, enough of the nepotism accusations. Imam has only now gotten a chance in the test team and this is not an easy tour either. Besides, like Inzamam said, the other selectors made the the call to include him in the team, not Inzi.
    Spot on.

On the forums, Fawad is made out to be an ATG.

He may have been an option 5 years ago, but no place in the team as of now.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on.

On the forums, Fawad is made out to be an ATG.

He may have been an option 5 years ago, but no place in the team as of now.
    Exactly he's being made out to be some special talent. If neither Sarfi, Inzi or Mickey see anything special in him, then he's probably rubbish. But PP armchair experts are the best at judging talent through stats where even khurram manzoor is a legend.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Struggling in club cricket in England? There you have it, folks. Please, let's wait for a test series in the UAE before asking for Fawad's return. He's not good enough to do well on a comeback series held in England.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Inzi doesn't rate Fawad. So we know why he isn't selected.
    No one rates Fawad these days outside of his mohallay-wale. He's old, has the same flaws he did in 2013 and we have better options available.

However, I have nothing against the man and if he is selected for a home series, I hope he proves everyone wrong. However, the constant bombardment of 'justice for Fawad' slogans by his fans is getting annoying. How about you suppor the team instead of a single player?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one rates Fawad these days outside of his mohallay-wale. He's old, has the same flaws he did in 2013 and we have better options available.

However, I have nothing against the man and if he is selected for a home series, I hope he proves everyone wrong. However, the constant bombardment of 'justice for Fawad' slogans by his fans is getting annoying. How about you suppor the team instead of a single player?

I didn't think Fawad should be selected .

I think he should have gotten a chance earlier but too late now. Don't see him scoring away from Asia. Doesn't have the technique to score against quality fast bowling.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes because English pitches are such minefields, that no one can bat on them.. Saeed Ajmal can score a 50, Imran Farhat can score 50s on those pitches, mediocre batsmen like Faisal Iqbal can bat, while Zulqarnain Haider can score an 80, Kamran akmal can bat for infinite test matches despite failing every time.... Wasim and Waqar can win you a test match by making a partnership of 50, Saqlain mustaq can score 50s playing county in England....... but poooooooor Fawad Alam of all ppl, won't be able to get bat on ball because he can't hit a six.... my Godddddddd
    All of them you mentioned had better technique then him
    Plus this guy can't play pace and was poor in club cricket here so you expect him to do well against Anderson and co. I am not saying that he can't score 50s anyone can these days but unfortunately for him his is not good enough plus his hockey like stance won't get him far. Noone is talking about sixes here so don't know where you got that from. There are so many Batsmen in pakistan who are better then him it's a fact weather you like it or not and the selectors/coaches agree to.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Struggling in club cricket in England? There you have it, folks. Please, let's wait for a test series in the UAE before asking for Fawad's return. He's not good enough to do well on a comeback series held in England.
    I think he averaged around 30 add if I am not wrong.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    define merit .."cricketing potential plus technique is not definition of merit In which book can this find please give address so we can read "
    As I have said earlier its not a university admission that if someone scores this many runs he will be selected in the national team.

In sports the merit is the potential to grow exponentially at highest level. There were many better players than Federer in junior tennis statistically, there were many better bowlers than Hassan Ali in One Day (List A) cricket statistically, There were many better batsmen than Joe Root statistically when he was selected and there are tons and tons of such examples.

Stats only matter at the highest level and national teams want players who can perform at international stage rather than someone who has been domestic giant but doesnt have the potential to replicate such performances against top sides of the world. To see that potential you need to have a selector who knows how to identify talent which I think Inzi is.

Fawad is now 32 years old, with an unorthodox technique and not scoring the same amount of runs as he was doing few years ago so its definitely hard on him not to be selected but thats how its is.

However I definitely believe he deserved more test matches 4, 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Titan24; 18th April 2018 at 12:41.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I didn't think Fawad should be selected .

I think he should have gotten a chance earlier but too late now. Don't see him scoring away from Asia. Doesn't have the technique to score against quality fast bowling.

Please don't undermine Pakistan's fast bowling. Fawad has constantly been scoring against quality fast bowling his whole life

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Inzi would have disliked Fawad Eng series was an ideal occasion for him to select Fawad for test matches being played in may and ball swinging miles and his chapter might have been closed till the end of the world

Ideally he would have saved Imam-ul-Haq for the UAE series.

Inzi has selected Imam for Eng tour which is being played in may and havent selected Fawad and some ppl believe its an injustice for Fawad. Come on guys.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi has said better player than Fawad Alam is a joke...better players they cant achieve target of only 120 in last test series against Sri Lankan weakest team in their favourable suited conditions of UAE? if Fawad Alam was picked then results would be completely different altogether Pakistan would have won the series 2.0 margin instead of 2.0 defeat.. these better player could not win the odis series in New Zealand..why then people didn't ask the Chairman Selection Committee about disastrous performance of these better players...in my opinion after Misbah and Younis, Fawad Alam should have been included in the regardless his batting performance or technique...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't watch cricket you don't have an eye to see cricketing skill..a batsman having great first class batting average above all batsmen in the country..you compare to him those who have half batting averages.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good statement for defending inzi in this crisis situation..to save him from his biased approach towards selection..if Fawad Alam would have been selected he would be the top scorer..my friend..please don't wach cricket if you don't have cricketing eys..

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of them you mentioned had better technique then him
    Plus this guy can't play pace and was poor in club cricket here so you expect him to do well against Anderson and co. I am not saying that he can't score 50s anyone can these days but unfortunately for him his is not good enough plus his hockey like stance won't get him far. Noone is talking about sixes here so don't know where you got that from. There are so many Batsmen in pakistan who are better then him it's a fact weather you like it or not and the selectors/coaches agree to.
    Saeed Ajmal has a better technique, and Saqlain too lol... bro have you seen Saqlain and Ajmal bat? They have zero bat lift, and slouching that people complain about is a probelm with all our batsman not just fawad. Saeed's front leg hardly moves yet he managed a 50...

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami Perth View Post
    Inzi has said better player than Fawad Alam is a joke...better players they cant achieve target of only 120 in last test series against Sri Lankan weakest team in their favourable suited conditions of UAE? if Fawad Alam was picked then results would be completely different altogether Pakistan would have won the series 2.0 margin instead of 2.0 defeat.. these better player could not win the odis series in New Zealand..why then people didn't ask the Chairman Selection Committee about disastrous performance of these better players...in my opinion after Misbah and Younis, Fawad Alam should have been included in the regardless his batting performance or technique...
    To think after the disastrous series against Lanka, there would've been some sense knocked into Inzi after seeing his team get whitewashed by a team, who was getting pulverized by India in their homes... crazy

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First team is almost a given, we demand a change to policy after a shambolic whitewash against lanka, a team that never smelled a series defeat in the UAE, got whitewashed by a Srilankan side that was absolutely destroyed by an Indian side... This Lankan side is the weakest in our history.

Not only that the cardinal sin of having so many right handers facing against Rangana herath our nemesis, you can't be held unaccountable for that. If Alam had to be selected, the UAE series was a much better bet. Clearly the agendas are different since Alam was not considered for England, Australia, NZ, WI, and we were told he WILL be selected after MisYou retired....

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly he's being made out to be some special talent. If neither Sarfi, Inzi or Mickey see anything special in him, then he's probably rubbish. But PP armchair experts are the best at judging talent through stats where even khurram manzoor is a legend.
    Sarf voted for Fawad's inclusion, as per reports...

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Fawad should have been selected in UAE (SRL) series. I actually wrote then that if they don't consider him now, probably won't ever, which is apparent now. If they don't consider him against SRL in UAE, don't think they'll ever consider him against ENG away and he is already into 30s.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never understand how some one like fawad has fans? Looked like a tailender every time I saw him bat.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more saddened about Sadaf's non-selection

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    I will never understand how some one like fawad has fans? Looked like a tailender every time I saw him bat.
    Why does it matter how he "looks". This is the silliest argument ever. He can be showing his butt to the batsman, as long as he scored, i dont care.

You win matches by scoring runs, not looking pretty.

And whenever Fawad has been given an extended run he scores. Plain and simple

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarf voted for Fawad's inclusion, as per reports...
    IDK about reports but Inzi specifically mentioned that the captain and coach agreed on picking Saad Ali over Fawad "Technique" Alam.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    Why does it matter how he "looks". This is the silliest argument ever. He can be showing his butt to the batsman, as long as he scored, i dont care.

His whole game is tuk and run like a madman with a helmet that's 3 sizes too big . In 2014, the aussies cut off his singles and he got out on single digits. That's basically how you deal with Fawad Alam. @Khan12 @Bilal7 @Hasan123

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He meant his batting.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that a bad thing in test cricket? He isn't being selected for T20 cricket. The 2014 series was ODIs and that is where Fawad has been doubly wronged. We all know his game is more suited to the longer version yet the few chances he has gotten have mostly been for limited overs cricket and his failures in that format (even there he wasn't a total failure and better than a lot of other batsmen who got far more chances than him) were taken as evidence of him not being good enough for international cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By "looks" I mean hes bats like a tailender . No talent , no technique weak against both spin and pace .

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saeed Ajmal has a better technique, and Saqlain too lol... bro have you seen Saqlain and Ajmal bat? They have zero bat lift, and slouching that people complain about is a probelm with all our batsman not just fawad. Saeed's front leg hardly moves yet he managed a 50...
    Since you was trolling I said all of them had better technique that didn't include the tail enders. Anyone these days can score a 50 but doing it on consistent basis against good team is beyond fawad IMO.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His whole game is tuk and run like a madman with a helmet that's 3 sizes too big . In 2014, the aussies cut off his singles and he got out on single digits. That's basically how you deal with Fawad Alam. @Khan12 @Bilal7 @Hasan123
    You are being to kind by bringing up Australia. He was batting like a tail enders against Bangladesh. All he can do it lock it around once you cut that he got no game to counter it. As ramiz raja said to him the other day that even he wouldn't have picked him if he was the selector and told him to work on his technique lool and fawad was sitting therr.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    By "looks" I mean hes bats like a tailender . No talent , no technique weak against both spin and pace .
    I will take a tailender that scores runs over a "talent" like Junior Akmal or a "classy" player like James Vince.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He is too limited to succeed outside of Asia.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His stats compared to other players when he last toured England.

Name:  StatsFA20180418.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  24.1 KB

Outscored most of the other 'classy' batsmen in the lineup including

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes you say he doesn't have any talent? I am sure you are basing that on some solid objective criterion and its not just your opinion. Please share that with us. As for technique, I completely agree with you that he has the weirdest technique of any Pakistani batsman, ever. But then Umar Amin and Shan Masood have perfectly solid techniques. Umar Amin has 99 runs in 8 innings in England, Masood has 71 in 4. By your logic they shouldn't have had a problem facing Anderson and Broad. I wonder why they failed so badly.

I don't support Fawad blindly, and I admit that there are many flaws in his game but there is also no doubt that he has been treated unfairly and always kept out of the team on flimsy grounds, mostly presumptions about his technique. Even if we discount his stellar domestic record, there are so many other things like his attitude, fitness, fielding, grit, experience, that make him eligible to at least get a fair chance to prove himself. And while they would never admit so openly, even his biggest critics would agree that he at least deserves that: one fair chance to prove himself. Alas, I for one don't see that happening and it is really sad not just for Fawd but also for Pakistani cricket as a whole as it sets a very bad precedent, that hard work and determination and merit are not worth anything.
    Last edited by amvbfm; 19th April 2018 at 12:14.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    I will take a tailender that scores runs over a "talent" like Junior Akmal or a "classy" player like James Vince.
    So would I , if he could score runs .

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad should definitely be in the first 11 for test team. He is fitter than most and a very good fielder and an excellent batsman who will give vital experience for the test team. It’s beyond me why he is being ignored considering the dross that’s represented Pakistan over the years.
    Last edited by The Yorker; 19th April 2018 at 13:19. Reason: Spelling

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened to Fawad was unfair but this was the right decision.

"Preventive war is like committing suicide for fear of death" ~ Otto Von Bismarck

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So would I , if he could score runs .
    Maybe I am missing something but his player profile on cricinfo shows a combined total of more than 20,000 under the column titled runs. Strange!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First when Inzamam-ul-Haq was captain, he didn't let Asim Kamal to settle in the team and now he is not selecting Fawad Alam who deserves to be in test side.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    First team is almost a given, we demand a change to policy after a shambolic whitewash against lanka, a team that never smelled a series defeat in the UAE, got whitewashed by a Srilankan side that was absolutely destroyed by an Indian side... This Lankan side is the weakest in our history.

Not only that the cardinal sin of having so many right handers facing against Rangana herath our nemesis, you can't be held unaccountable for that. If Alam had to be selected, the UAE series was a much better bet. Clearly the agendas are different since Alam was not considered for England, Australia, NZ, WI, and we were told he WILL be selected after MisYou retired....
    Calm down. Our test team is in transition right now whereas India has a settled team and all of them know their game. There is no comparison here. You don't drop 22-year-olds just because they had one poor series after the retirement of your legendary stalwarts. That is not how you build a team and I for one am glad that we have Inzamam selecting our teams instead of you trigger-happy fans.

No one gave you a guarantee that your beloved will be given a shot after Misbah and Younis. This is the Pakistan national team, not some IPL team where the owners decide who plays and who doesn't. Fawad failed to impress the coach, captain, selectors and the majority of Pakistan and thus, was not selected. Babar, Haris, Usman, Saad, Imam, Fakhar, Shafiq and Azhar did and thus, they are in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by fawad_wellwisher View Post
    His stats compared to other players when he last toured England.

Name:  StatsFA20180418.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  24.1 KB

Outscored most of the other 'classy' batsmen in the lineup including
    Eight years ago.

Let's bring back Kamran Akmal as well since he was clearly the best batsman on that tour.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manager101 View Post
    First when Inzamam-ul-Haq was captain, he didn't let Asim Kamal to settle in the team and now he is not selecting Fawad Alam who deserves to be in test side.
    Unfortunately, if you can't impress your captain and chief selector with your batting, you don't "deserve" to be in the team.

By the way, Fawad averages in the low-40s with the bat in test cricket and this record was compiled back when he was at his peak. How much higher is he going to average now that he is nearly 35 years of age and Pakistan have to tour England and South Africa this year?

Don't blame Inzamam for the previous selectors not selecting Fawad. He did not say it outright but its clear tha Inzi thinks that Fawad should have been in the team 3-4 years ago.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you was trolling I said all of them had better technique that didn't include the tail enders. Anyone these days can score a 50 but doing it on consistent basis against good team is beyond fawad IMO.
    Yes like Babar Azam, a consistent performance with single digit score for 10 innings, of which there were 5 zeroes consecutively. The chosen boy is still dubbed as the best youngster ever produced by Pakistan.. mockery and sham of this system. He's included so that we gets to play in English conditions for next year's world cup. A freeloader with no merit of performance. But yes consistency is ever present in this format.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calm down. Our test team is in transition right now whereas India has a settled team and all of them know their game. There is no comparison here. You don't drop 22-year-olds just because they had one poor series after the retirement of your legendary stalwarts. That is not how you build a team and I for one am glad that we have Inzamam selecting our teams instead of you trigger-happy fans.

No one gave you a guarantee that your beloved will be given a shot after Misbah and Younis. This is the Pakistan national team, not some IPL team where the owners decide who plays and who doesn't. Fawad failed to impress the coach, captain, selectors and the majority of Pakistan and thus, was not selected. Babar, Haris, Usman, Saad, Imam, Fakhar, Shafiq and Azhar did and thus, they are in the team.

Eight years ago.

Let's bring back Kamran Akmal as well since he was clearly the best batsman on that tour.
    Meri jaan these are ODIs, we are talking about tests... Kamran Akmal was an omission in tests after his dropped catches in Sydney test remember??? Ding Ding!!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one gave you a guarantee that your beloved will be given a shot after Misbah and Younis. This is the Pakistan national team, not some IPL team where the owners decide who plays and who doesn't. Fawad failed to impress the coach, captain, selectors and the majority of Pakistan and thus, was not selected. Babar, Haris, Usman, Saad, Imam, Fakhar, Shafiq and Azhar did and thus, they are in the team
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1402034/ra...ignoring-fawad - Rashid Latif

Not only that Inzamam said this himself in an interview, that Fawad Alam is on our radar, he shouldn't be disheartened, we will call him soon and he will get a chance in any of the upcoming tours... its been 2 years since that statement, just for him to give another statement with the same exact phrases used... point is you will be held accountable for your lies eventually.. people won't buy it anymore and sooner or later you will have consequences..

If the guy has any grudge or beef, better say it openly rather than hiding behind the bushes so we know what is up

This pressure on the team before the tour is only Inzi's doing.. no one else's
    Last edited by hadi123; 19th April 2018 at 20:36.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Meri jaan these are ODIs, we are talking about tests... Kamran Akmal was an omission in tests after his dropped catches in Sydney test remember??? Ding Ding!!
    You're right, I apologize for trusting that hero who is trying to justify Fawad's inclusion in the test team based on what he did in a few ODIs eight years ago.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

https://www.dawn.com/news/1402034/ra...ignoring-fawad - Rashid Latif

Not only that Inzamam said this himself in an interview, that Fawad Alam is on our radar, he shouldn't be disheartened, we will call him soon and he will get a chance in any of the upcoming tours... its been 2 years since that statement, just for him to give another statement with the same exact phrases used... point is you will be held accountable for your lies eventually.. people won't buy it anymore and sooner or later you will have consequences..

If the guy has any grudge or beef, better say it openly rather than hiding behind the bushes so we know what is up

This pressure on the team before the tour is only Inzi's doing.. no one else's
    Please stop with the damn conspiracy theories. Fawad was not picked because he barely averaged over 40 in the QEA trophy and is 32 years old. Everyone else has either outperformed him, has a much higher ceiling by virtue of their age or both.

Fawad was named in the preliminary squad of 25 and so, there is no agenda against him, he simply is not a better batsman than the others picked above him.

Yes, had Fawad been selected, the team would be under no pressure and winning a series in England was guranteed.
    Last edited by hadi123; 19th April 2018 at 20:37.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, I apologize for trusting that hero who is trying to justify Fawad's inclusion in the test team based on what he did in a few ODIs eight years ago.
    I have no interest in Fawad's ODI exploits... I have always maintained that Test match is his strongest format.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stop with the damn conspiracy theories. Fawad was not picked because he barely averaged over 40 in the QEA trophy and is 32 years old. Everyone else has either outperformed him, has a much higher ceiling by virtue of their age or both.

Fawad was named in the preliminary squad of 25 and so, there is no agenda against him, he simply is not a better batsman than the others picked above him.

Yes, had Fawad been selected, the team would be under no pressure and winning a series in England was guranteed.
    Last time I checked, 32 is not 40
    Last edited by hadi123; 19th April 2018 at 20:38.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eight years ago.

The main reason Kamran Akmal is not in the team is because of his awful fielding. He can't catch a cold even if he wanted to.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    apparently Fawad Alam was not good in facing fast bowling in the training camp (weak against both seam and swing) and thus was not able to get trust of selection committee and coaching staff. But he was very good against spinners in the training camp.
    Meanwhile Saad Ali bat good against fast bowling in the training camp and thats why he was selected.

https://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/20-Apr-2018/808682

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes like Babar Azam, a consistent performance with single digit score for 10 innings, of which there were 5 zeroes consecutively. The chosen boy is still dubbed as the best youngster ever produced by Pakistan.. mockery and sham of this system. He's included so that we gets to play in English conditions for next year's world cup. A freeloader with no merit of performance. But yes consistency is ever present in this format.
    Weather you like it our not the chosen boy will end up playing for 15 years while fawad fiqures out if his technique is more suited to cricket or hockey. This fact is that Babar is 100 times the Batsmen fawad will ever be. I know Babar gives you sleepless nights but you don't need to bring him all the time.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Speaking of injustice, Pakistan's best test opener after Anwar was Taufeeq Umar, he scored a century and two half centuries on his debut tour to South Africa - guys like moyo, yk, and inzi floundered consistently on that tour.
    Woolmer Uncle dropped him after that tour for Imran Farhat to Australia!
    Now THAT is injustice.
    Performing well against Sri Lanka has been the biggest bane for Pakistan cricket, as it has allowed guys like Hafeez, Malik, and Afridi to stay in the team ten years longer than possible.
    So I put little weight in Fawad Alam's performance vs. SL

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post

Azhar
    Sami
    Babar
    Hari
    Sarfraz
    Asad
    Saad Ali
    Fahim
    Amir
    Hasan
    Rahat
    ------------------

I am no fan of Amir in Tests, but that's a bit like saying, "when flying, pigs are faster than even hawks."

Hard to think of a bowler who struggles more than Rahat to sustain a song. He has never taken a 10 fer in his entire first class career. Ever.

Hasan has 2.

A dismal Test average and no notable performances in domestics to recommend him, beyond a good PSL. Baffling that Rahat keeps getting chances.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather you like it our not the chosen boy will end up playing for 15 years while fawad fiqures out if his technique is more suited to cricket or hockey. This fact is that Babar is 100 times the Batsmen fawad will ever be. I know Babar gives you sleepless nights but you don't need to bring him all the time.
    Yes, 100 times the batsman, with 100 times more opportunities, and a 100 times likeability, combined with 100 times more failiures. Guy has been responsible for 8-9 defeats already in his 11 match Test Career, by failing to show up after being dubbed the no.3 batsman of our country for the next 10 years... All those white washes, yes Babar had a big role in those..

But yes carry on living on the moon..

Also Fawad might have a technique of a hockey batsman, but a former hockey player in his college days is now Pakistan's greatest ever captain... so sorry to bust your bubble, but technique has no role in defining a player's caliber.. if you have a problem don't take my word, but the word of the Younis Khan in his defence for Fawad..

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    I am no fan of Amir in Tests, but that's a bit like saying, "when flying, pigs are faster than even hawks."

Hard to think of a bowler who struggles more than Rahat to sustain a song. He has never taken a 10 fer in his entire first class career. Ever.

Hasan has 2.

A dismal Test average and no notable performances in domestics to recommend him, beyond a good PSL. Baffling that Rahat keeps getting chances.
    If Amir can get selected despite having zero wickets in the wickets column for infinite matches, what harm will Rahat do? He actually bowled really well in England, but was benched unfairly because chosen one had to play his quota of matches to prove the world he can bowl in England and take tailenders out

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so now Fawad has one or two bad series and he is no longer considered good enough?

Ponting looked like an absolute fool when visting India at the start of his career.

Anyone can have a few bad series, heck Babar Azam and Asad Shafiq have only had bad series in recent times. Let me tell you something, Fawad in the UAE would be averaging near 60. A person who can score 100 on debut in Sri Lanka against Murali, can sure score mamoth runs against much easier bowling in the UAE.

Yet we stick with ultimate rubbish like Asad Shafiq .
    Last edited by hadi123; 21st April 2018 at 12:25.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi