Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 109
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Canada considers decriminalizing all drugs



    "Be the best version of yourself"

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please do. Have been waiting for this.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Refreshing to see at least one country making policy based on common sense instead of outdated values. Some of the drug laws around the world, specifically those governing marijuana, are disgraceful and testament to the fact that life experience - the majority of lawmakers worldwide are from that wretched generation now in its 50s and 60s - is no substitute for a proper scientific education. I remember the Brit government rightly getting skewered by every expert on the subject when they reclassified grass from class C to class B.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Please do. Have been waiting for this.
    Dude how'd u pass the polygraph test lol


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Refreshing to see at least one country making policy based on common sense instead of outdated values. Some of the drug laws around the world, specifically those governing marijuana, are disgraceful and testament to the fact that life experience - the majority of lawmakers worldwide are from that wretched generation now in its 50s and 60s - is no substitute for a proper scientific education. I remember the Brit government rightly getting skewered by every expert on the subject when they reclassified grass from class C to class B.
    Canada also funds catholic schools, so they make policies off outdated values.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Canada also funds catholic schools, so they make policies off outdated values.
    Well that's unfortunate. Why would anyone publicly fund the spread of cancer, which is essentially what funding religious schools equates to? Canada is still ahead of most countries on most progressive causes though - as opposed to the US, which tends to rank near the bottom on most.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,467
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So now we will have nations full of zombie looking junkies.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So now we will have nations full of zombie looking junkies.
    Didn't know that's what the Netherlands was. In fact, that's probably the only country where heroin addicts are likely to actually work for a living and be functional human beings. It's also one of the few countries where the government directly supplies heroin to users in order to cut out the dealer and ensure that their citizens' health isn't further compromised by contaminated drugs. Your opinions, unfortunately, are informed by your bias against narcotic substances rather than any concrete, well established facts.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,467
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Didn't know that's what the Netherlands was. In fact, that's probably the only country where heroin addicts are likely to actually work for a living and be functional human beings. It's also one of the few countries where the government directly supplies heroin to users in order to cut out the dealer and ensure that their citizens' health isn't further compromised by contaminated drugs. Your opinions, unfortunately, are informed by your bias against narcotic substances rather than any concrete, well established facts.
    Would you give such drugs to your children?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Would you give such drugs to your children?
    Depends. Cocaine, ice, heroin and things of that nature are a no-no. Marijuana/Hashish, LSD, mushrooms etc are completely fine with me though and I'd encourage any potential children I have to experiment with those substances in a controlled environment, preferably under my supervision.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,467
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Depends. Cocaine, ice, heroin and things of that nature are a no-no. Marijuana/Hashish, LSD, mushrooms etc are completely fine with me though and I'd encourage any potential children I have to experiment with those substances in a controlled environment, preferably under my supervision.
    Lol okay. Good luck. A progressive father.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lol okay. Good luck. A progressive father.
    Sure, why not? The world's too big for one person to change so the best you can do is do the right thing in your personal capacity.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Depends. Cocaine, ice, heroin and things of that nature are a no-no. Marijuana/Hashish, LSD, mushrooms etc are completely fine with me though and I'd encourage any potential children I have to experiment with those substances in a controlled environment, preferably under my supervision.
    Smoking weed during teens can cause issues later in life, mental development being one, ideally it should be tried in later years of college life.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The laws good but there needs to be an age Gap and heavy punishment for parents that expose their children towards them at an early age.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,293
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Giving LSD to young kids? Blinkin eck. I have taken LSD three times and although each occasion was an intense and unforgettable experience, every time it was also somewhat an ill-advised idea and I was incredibly fortunate to come out the other end with a slightly more open mind and no permanent psychological damage (one other person that I know was not so lucky!!)

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,467
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    The laws good but there needs to be an age Gap and heavy punishment for parents that expose their children towards them at an early age.
    How is the law good except the fact that govt. can tax it?

    I wouldnt want the children or any other person from my family near any of these drugs and that is the metric i will use to support or oppose a law for others as well.

    If it is readily available for sale how would it be possible to regulate its use? How will it be possible to prevent children from getting access to it when it is available so easily for any adult (who can later sell it). What would be the effects on the population say after 10 years of this law. How common would it be to see people walking around not in their senses? I am not very well versed with the addiction part and which drugs are more addictive but addiction surely is another problem??

    Overall i believe it is pointless and dangerous to lift the blanket ban on all drugs.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Smoking weed during teens can cause issues later in life, mental development being one, ideally it should be tried in later years of college life.
    Perfectly safe (or as safe as anything can be) by the time one is 17-18.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Didn't know that's what the Netherlands was. In fact, that's probably the only country where heroin addicts are likely to actually work for a living and be functional human beings. It's also one of the few countries where the government directly supplies heroin to users in order to cut out the dealer and ensure that their citizens' health isn't further compromised by contaminated drugs. Your opinions, unfortunately, are informed by your bias against narcotic substances rather than any concrete, well established facts.
    Your opinions, unfortunately, are informed by your bias towards narcotic substances rather than any concrete, well established facts.

    Well established facts are that taking narcotic substances is detrimental to health and well being of society.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Your opinions, unfortunately, are informed by your bias towards narcotic substances rather than any concrete, well established facts.
    My bias is towards empirical facts and the scientific method. At this point, given how much this subject has been studied in recent years, only someone supremely ignorant and stubborn to boot will claim that something like marijuana or LSD should be illegal in the same vein as something like Cocaine. That's blissful ignorance at its best.

    Well established facts are that taking narcotic substances is detrimental to health and well being of society.
    The fact that you use the all encompassing term 'narcotic substances', which lumps substances as disparate as marijuana, an almost entirely harmless substance, with, say, heroin, which can cause massive damage to users, says it all about how well established those facts are. This isn't 1920 where some random guy making a claim that may or may not stand up in the face of scientific scrutiny is considered good enough.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    The fact that you use the all encompassing term 'narcotic substances', which lumps substances as disparate as marijuana, an almost entirely harmless substance, with, say, heroin, which can cause massive damage to users, says it all about how well established those facts are.
    Here’s what a quick search tells me -

    https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...nd-its-effects

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Here’s what a quick search tells me -

    https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...nd-its-effects
    Luckily, I don't need to do a quick search since I have spent the better part of the last eleven years educating myself on this subject from sources far more credible and authoritative than WebMD.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Luckily, I don't need to do a quick search since I have spent the better part of the last eleven years educating myself on this subject from sources far more credible and authoritative than WebMD.
    Whatever... all I can say is enjoy.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,311
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My kids although adults do not use drugs, not because its illegal but because I took the time to explain to them why they shouldent.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,267
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So now we will have nations full of zombie looking junkies.
    Portugal has decriminalized all drugs since over a decade ago and has seen vast improvement.

    Everyone needs to watch this to better understand why decriminalization of drugs is a positive move
    Last edited by Sirris; 17th April 2018 at 08:33.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    2,267
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same message but with animation for those with poor concentration level.


  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,825
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    My kids although adults do not use drugs, not because its illegal but because I took the time to explain to them why they shouldent.
    Which is how it should be

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Dude how'd u pass the polygraph test lol
    I was being sarcastic. How did the smiley not give it away?


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How is the law good except the fact that govt. can tax it?

    I wouldnt want the children or any other person from my family near any of these drugs and that is the metric i will use to support or oppose a law for others as well.

    If it is readily available for sale how would it be possible to regulate its use? How will it be possible to prevent children from getting access to it when it is available so easily for any adult (who can later sell it). What would be the effects on the population say after 10 years of this law. How common would it be to see people walking around not in their senses? I am not very well versed with the addiction part and which drugs are more addictive but addiction surely is another problem??

    Overall i believe it is pointless and dangerous to lift the blanket ban on all drugs.
    Decriminalization is different from making it readily available I hope, Marijuana is different , everyone in even IIT takes them as in later years of life taking it is good.

    Also alcohol and cigs are readily available and smoking is harmful as well,worst being it's thought as cool.

  29. #29
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,499
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Luckily, I don't need to do a quick search since I have spent the better part of the last eleven years educating myself on this subject from sources far more credible and authoritative than WebMD.
    Did you ever have any direct experience yourself of drug use over a prolonged period of time? Reading papers about it is one thing, first hand experience something else. By direct experience, I don't necessarily mean you personally, could be friends or associates.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,420
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    time to kick Justin out of power?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Depends. Cocaine, ice, heroin and things of that nature are a no-no. Marijuana/Hashish, LSD, mushrooms etc are completely fine with me though and I'd encourage any potential children I have to experiment with those substances in a controlled environment, preferably under my supervision.
    What about MDMA?

    You are the first person in my life who I have read/seen say that children should try out LSD.

    Lovely. Do you dress up as a hippy too? Just wondering.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Decriminalization is different from making it readily available I hope, Marijuana is different , everyone in even IIT takes them as in later years of life taking it is good.

    Also alcohol and cigs are readily available and smoking is harmful as well,worst being it's thought as cool.
    Alcohol and cigarettes are THE worst forms of drugs, and worse still the government taxes said substances and makes Billions out of it!

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Did you ever have any direct experience yourself of drug use over a prolonged period of time? Reading papers about it is one thing, first hand experience something else. By direct experience, I don't necessarily mean you personally, could be friends or associates.
    Which drug specifically? I knew a guy at LUMS who got into heroin, completely lost himself, went to rehab but by the time he got back his mom had died of cancer. Cocaine was something several people I knew at university took on a semi regular basis (once or twice a month) without much adverse affects but that's probably because they were well educated folk at a red brick university and were well informed on limiting and spacing their intake to avoid physical dependency. Less well informed people, however, can do a lot of damage because cocaine is nearly as addictive and physically harmful as heroin or meth.

    Marijuana and other soft drugs are a different issue altogether. I have known hundreds of people who consume marijuana regularly and these include at least two surgeons at one of the top three hospitals in Pakistan, both of whom, along with others I know through them, swear by it.

    More recently, I have had to frequent a part of Lahore where junkies are known to gather after sunset and given my interest in the subject, I took some time to observe their conditions and what they do. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it and to add to the problem, instead of helping them society heaps scorn on them and shuns them.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    What about MDMA?
    Not comparable to LSD etc. Very real potential for physical harm if not handled properly.
    You are the first person in my life who I have read/seen say that children should try out LSD.
    Children as in my (potential) children at an appropriate age, not children in general. I'm pro marijuana and I believe 17-18 is a reasonable age to start experimenting. So much the better if an experienced adult is supervising and on board.

    Lovely. Do you dress up as a hippy too? Just wondering.
    Not unless hippies exclusively wear black t-shirts with jeans.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Not comparable to LSD etc. Very real potential for physical harm if not handled properly.

    Children as in my (potential) children at an appropriate age, not children in general. I'm pro marijuana and I believe 17-18 is a reasonable age to start experimenting. So much the better if an experienced adult is supervising and on board.

    Not unless hippies exclusively wear black t-shirts with jeans.
    OK I see the problem. When you say children you are saying 17 to 18. Bro, at this age they are not children, they are teenagers, breaking into adulthood.

    Also MDMA in low dosages is way less harmful than LSD IMO. For starters there is no physical damage using MDMA I know of.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    OK I see the problem. When you say children you are saying 17 to 18. Bro, at this age they are not children, they are teenagers, breaking into adulthood.
    I used the term children in the context of "my children" since I was asked specifically about them. They'd still be my children at 17-18.

    Also MDMA in low dosages is way less harmful than LSD IMO. For starters there is no physical damage using MDMA I know of.
    I've had to deal with a friend who couldn't handle his ecstasy and I can't imagine that kind of thing happening with LSD. Worst case scenario, they get really stupid but you can physically restrain them.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    I used the term children in the context of "my children" since I was asked specifically about them. They'd still be my children at 17-18.
    They'd still be your children when they are 40 too. ;)

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,499
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    Which drug specifically? I knew a guy at LUMS who got into heroin, completely lost himself, went to rehab but by the time he got back his mom had died of cancer. Cocaine was something several people I knew at university took on a semi regular basis (once or twice a month) without much adverse affects but that's probably because they were well educated folk at a red brick university and were well informed on limiting and spacing their intake to avoid physical dependency. Less well informed people, however, can do a lot of damage because cocaine is nearly as addictive and physically harmful as heroin or meth.

    Marijuana and other soft drugs are a different issue altogether. I have known hundreds of people who consume marijuana regularly and these include at least two surgeons at one of the top three hospitals in Pakistan, both of whom, along with others I know through them, swear by it.

    More recently, I have had to frequent a part of Lahore where junkies are known to gather after sunset and given my interest in the subject, I took some time to observe their conditions and what they do. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it and to add to the problem, instead of helping them society heaps scorn on them and shuns them.
    I knew of two guys specifically linked with heroin, one died of an overdose, the other was shot dead in dealer related crime. The latter one would be avoided if drugs were decriminalised, so that would be a positive aspect. Obviously we are talking about hard drugs here, but the OP is talking about decriminalising all drugs.

    Marijuana, I know of someone who used it ended up having psychotic after effects, but then he may have been mixing with other drugs or alcohol, so no idea what effect that has long term, although I have heard it can affect short term memory. Not an expert so won't pretend to be. I do look at these 'softer drugs' as a gateway to the harder stuff, certainly it's been the case here in the UK. Personally I wouldn't give them to my pet animals so definitely would not want my kids to be taking them. But each to their own.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should happen everywhere else too. Canada is pretty liberal with drugs. Marijuana should be legalized in the US in the next 5 years (hopefully)...it's going on the ballot in Michigan soon..

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,718
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Prescription opioids have killed far more people than marijuana.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    30,269
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Giving children LSD

    There is blatant hypocrisy if alcohol is legal but other drugs such as cannabis aren't . But once you legalise anything, you are saying it's ok to use when the evidence shows they are all harmful in one way or another.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,293
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Prescription opioids have killed far more people than marijuana.
    Not sure if marijuana (in of itself) has ever killed anyone to be fair. Maybe it compelled a few people to do silly things and they died, but a “drug overdose” amount would surely be so high that the user would just fall asleep before the overdose could occur.

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Not sure if marijuana (in of itself) has ever killed anyone to be fair. Maybe it compelled a few people to do silly things and they died, but a “drug overdose” amount would surely be so high that the user would just fall asleep before the overdose could occur.
    I have had a bad trip, they almost felt like I was dying, so bad and worse it was a dumb Canadian weed candy.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medical Marijuana and it's medical benefits is a fact.

    10000s of case studies have proven cannabinoids have cured cancer.

    https://www.cureyourowncancer.org/

    The massive pharmaceuticals will not allow the legalisation as it will dent their profits!

    Did anyone read about a 6 year old child epileptic boy who had 3,000 seizures in a year!? Cannabis is the cure but government rejects cure in the UK!

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8216596.html

    Family is heading to Netherlands!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My memories of Gatecrasher and Godskitchen summer festivals are coming back!

  46. #46
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    I have had a bad trip, they almost felt like I was dying, so bad and worse it was a dumb Canadian weed candy.
    Edibles do get you pretty hard....that's why you should only take them before jumping on a long flight lol....but other than some paranoia and some anxiety there's nothing else Weed does to be honest.

  47. #47
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    Medical Marijuana and it's medical benefits is a fact.

    10000s of case studies have proven cannabinoids have cured cancer.

    https://www.cureyourowncancer.org/

    The massive pharmaceuticals will not allow the legalisation as it will dent their profits!

    Did anyone read about a 6 year old child epileptic boy who had 3,000 seizures in a year!? Cannabis is the cure but government rejects cure in the UK!

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8216596.html

    Family is heading to Netherlands!
    I've heard of some miraculous life changing stories after families tried medical marijuana. But there's no guarantee that all individuals will have the same effects. Some other posters who are in the medical field can shed light...but yeah marijuana has changed in the US once it was medically legalized. It's an option that people have but I think it hasn't worked similarly on patients thus far.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Edibles do get you pretty hard....that's why you should only take them before jumping on a long flight lol....but other than some paranoia and some anxiety there's nothing else Weed does to be honest.
    Which I agree with weed is great ,I take a joint once in a while ,but haven't tried edibles since.

    Legalizing would also improve the quality, it was easily available in India before Americans govn forced us to counter it and now they are legalizing.

  49. #49
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Which I agree with weed is great ,I take a joint once in a while ,but haven't tried edibles since.

    Legalizing would also improve the quality, it was easily available in India before Americans govn forced us to counter it and now they are legalizing.
    Visit the US. The quality has improved leaps and bounds since it was legalized for medical use. The prices have dropped too, significantly. US doesn't have a uniform view on pot...most states are working on a legalization plan because Colorado and Oregon have really shown it can be beneficial for the city and state governments.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    I've heard of some miraculous life changing stories after families tried medical marijuana. But there's no guarantee that all individuals will have the same effects. Some other posters who are in the medical field can shed light...but yeah marijuana has changed in the US once it was medically legalized. It's an option that people have but I think it hasn't worked similarly on patients thus far.
    Sure there are no guarantees, but I think the point here is that I would rather trial a natural medicine, opposed to synthesised marketed chemicals purely developed for profit.

    There is a growing consensus than during cancer treatment, radiotherapy/chemotherapy etc causes more harm as it is! Radiation destroys DNA - this is a well known fact. Then the pharmas sell medicine which compound the illness - all for profit. Pharmaceuticals is a recession/stock market crash proof industry.

    Notice how in the USA you are watching a TV show, the an advert breaks come up, 8 out of 10 adverts are about health!

    I read a stat a few days back saying that USA is the only country where medical treatment in the modern West, can result in bankruptcy!

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Visit the US. The quality has improved leaps and bounds since it was legalized for medical use. The prices have dropped too, significantly. US doesn't have a uniform view on pot...most states are working on a legalization plan because Colorado and Oregon have really shown it can be beneficial for the city and state governments.
    In Chicago right now, it's good here but not legal as such, south is worse everyone was offering coc when my friend was asking for weed, think it's better in Colorado and Washington.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Dude how'd u pass the polygraph test lol
    By the way, the police do not care about people taking drugs. It's not a big issue. The police are after the dealers only.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main thing is knowledge and how/what to use. I have experimented with many substances back in the day and they mostly just had positive effects in expanding my mental horizons. Also I agree with decriminalizing all drugs as it then gets rid of the black market and the underground mafia, violence etc and society could then work in helping the addicted (believe me I had a few friends and it is something that cannot be helped for some) rather than shunning them.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sshakir411 View Post
    Edibles do get you pretty hard....that's why you should only take them before jumping on a long flight lol....but other than some paranoia and some anxiety there's nothing else Weed does to be honest.
    Thing with edibles like brownies, butter, tea etc is you never know how hard it will hit you as it is directly absorbed and could be 5, 10 or even 100 times stronger than smoking.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,392
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All illicit drugs are bad. Period.

    Decriminalizing is way forward for youngster or working family members to come forward and seek help. This way when the criminal record is check when they go looking for work, employers don't discriminate them.

    It's all about employment. When they are earning money, they won't steal stuff once they are super addicted.

    Heroin/Opioid/Morphine is the worse thing ever. Seen many patients losing their everything.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    All illicit drugs are bad. Period.

    Decriminalizing is way forward for youngster or working family members to come forward and seek help. This way when the criminal record is check when they go looking for work, employers don't discriminate them.

    It's all about employment. When they are earning money, they won't steal stuff once they are super addicted.

    Heroin/Opioid/Morphine is the worse thing ever. Seen many patients losing their everything.
    Kind of sad seeing this coming from a doctor. Illicit drugs are forbidden because the big companies profit from peddling their own lab made brands. Are you lumping Heroin/Morphine etc with natural marijuana? The pharmaceutical companies make 100 times more from much more addictive chemical opioids/ benzodiazepines/ amphetamines etc than anyone else.

    You do know that Heroin was "legally" used as a medicine (and for children) for coughing back in the day?

    Last edited by DeadBall; 17th April 2018 at 22:07.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should I take drugs? Seems like a good thing I’m missing out on, going by the way some of you are talking about them.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Should I take drugs? Seems like a good thing I’m missing out on, going by the way some of you are talking about them.
    We also talk about a lot of other things. Are you going to do them too? Better avoid the internet if you are so easily influenced.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    We also talk about a lot of other things. Are you going to do them too? Better avoid the internet if you are so easily influenced.
    I was being sarcastic lmao.

    I fail to understand why a perfectly healthy, sane individual would willingly choose to take these substances.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I was being sarcastic lmao.

    I fail to understand why a perfectly healthy, sane individual would willingly choose to take these substances.
    Actually not many healthy sane individuals do that. There are a lot of external factors plus a genetic disposition in many cases.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Actually not many healthy sane individuals do that. There are a lot of external factors plus a genetic disposition in many cases.
    Ok that’s good then.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm down to try Adderall once. I've heard very good things about it from various people and apparently, it helps you with losing fat way, way faster.

    As far as marijuana is concerned, I've tried the brownies before but I'm not about that inhaling life.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    I'm down to try Adderall once. I've heard very good things about it from various people and apparently, it helps you with losing fat way, way faster.

    As far as marijuana is concerned, I've tried the brownies before but I'm not about that inhaling life.
    Adderall is for people with ADHD, although many people take for super focus. I wouldn't recommend though unless you have add.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Adderall is for people with ADHD, although many people take for super focus. I wouldn't recommend though unless you have add.
    Yeah, you can't get Adderall normally without a doctor's prescription but I know some dealers from the olden days.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Yeah, you can't get Adderall normally without a doctor's prescription but I know some dealers from the olden days.
    That stuff can't be good, just take preworkout.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  66. #66
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    11,392
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Kind of sad seeing this coming from a doctor. Illicit drugs are forbidden because the big companies profit from peddling their own lab made brands. Are you lumping Heroin/Morphine etc with natural marijuana? The pharmaceutical companies make 100 times more from much more addictive chemical opioids/ benzodiazepines/ amphetamines etc than anyone else.

    You do know that Heroin was "legally" used as a medicine (and for children) for coughing back in the day?

    So out of everything I posted, the only thing that upset you where I said all illicit drugs are bad. Just because Marijuana gives great high and you feel relaxed and happy. When I say illicit that means it means it's not being followed by law. I agree that there is big lobby of Pharma who is producing more morphine/opiod based medication than drug dealers.

    But there is the difference between prescription medication vs buying off the street. Even if it includes Marijuana. I am not sold on that there should be rampant use of Marijuana. You want to give it to patient who is on chemo. and has no appetite to eat, sure go ahead give Marijuana, it will eliminate nause plus increase appetite. But should I advice college student to smoke before lecture is about to start? Just because it calms you down? I am not sure.

    See we are still learning a lot about this, so long way to go before we become very liberal with this.

    The point about heroin getting approved for cough relief doesn't make sense. there are still many cough syrup which has part of morhine in it. It works great for some patient, but it's not usually prescribed, especially to high risk of abuse type patient.

    Personally, any kind of burnt smoke going to the lung is bad in long term. Be it Marijuana or hookah or Cigarettes.


    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,627
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    That stuff can't be good, just take preworkout.
    Pre-workout only gives you the energy for working out. It's just caffeine. That's it.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    3,726
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Pre-workout only gives you the energy for working out. It's just caffeine. That's it.
    Caffiene is a stimulant and targets the same part of the brain as adderall and ritalin do, only difference is that it's not as strong because the chemical structures of the molecules are different.


    "Be the best version of yourself"

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,467
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I was being sarcastic lmao.

    I fail to understand why a perfectly healthy, sane individual would willingly choose to take these substances.
    I guess you and me are the only ones who think that something is wrong with how casually people are discussing about taking these drugs lol

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    So out of everything I posted, the only thing that upset you where I said all illicit drugs are bad. Just because Marijuana gives great high and you feel relaxed and happy. When I say illicit that means it means it's not being followed by law. I agree that there is big lobby of Pharma who is producing more morphine/opiod based medication than drug dealers.

    But there is the difference between prescription medication vs buying off the street. Even if it includes Marijuana. I am not sold on that there should be rampant use of Marijuana. You want to give it to patient who is on chemo. and has no appetite to eat, sure go ahead give Marijuana, it will eliminate nause plus increase appetite. But should I advice college student to smoke before lecture is about to start? Just because it calms you down? I am not sure.

    See we are still learning a lot about this, so long way to go before we become very liberal with this.

    The point about heroin getting approved for cough relief doesn't make sense. there are still many cough syrup which has part of morhine in it. It works great for some patient, but it's not usually prescribed, especially to high risk of abuse type patient.

    Personally, any kind of burnt smoke going to the lung is bad in long term. Be it Marijuana or hookah or Cigarettes.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

    Legalising drugs means government grade stuff can be bought, this means drugs of the highest quality, plus regulated. There goes your illicit means not being followed by law argument.

    Above all just read up on drug use in Portugal, a country that legalised all drugs and witnessed not just a reduction in usage, but crime too.

  71. #71
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,499
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R3verse Swing View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

    Legalising drugs means government grade stuff can be bought, this means drugs of the highest quality, plus regulated. There goes your illicit means not being followed by law argument.

    Above all just read up on drug use in Portugal, a country that legalised all drugs and witnessed not just a reduction in usage, but crime too.
    I think we should make clear the distinction between legalising drugs for medical use, and making available over the counter. Obviously there are already drugs similar to heroin like morphine which are used in hospitals for medicinal purposes, that doesn't mean they should become available at your local Spar corner store.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  72. #72
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy to hear this. Go Canada!

    Cant wait until the day that Australia stops its Nanny State style control of its people.

  73. #73
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh guys don't smoke marijuana its sooooo bad for you, brb let me ingest this synthetic heroin prescribed to me by my dr which can kill me and make me a life long addict

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DW44 View Post
    I've had to deal with a friend who couldn't handle his ecstasy and I can't imagine that kind of thing happening with LSD. Worst case scenario, they get really stupid but you can physically restrain them.
    You say ecstasy, ecstasy is different to MDMA, it is a mixture of different substances which may include MDMA and speed plus any other fillers. This means it can potentially be dangerous due to impurities and simply not knowing what is in it.

    Pure MDMA in crystal form is one of the safest drugs out there. In fact it has just as much potential in medical science as marijuana.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    7,339
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post
    You say ecstasy, ecstasy is different to MDMA, it is a mixture of different substances which may include MDMA and speed plus any other fillers. This means it can potentially be dangerous due to impurities and simply not knowing what is in it.

    Pure MDMA in crystal form is one of the safest drugs out there. In fact it has just as much potential in medical science as marijuana.
    Pure MDMA in crystal form is not something most people have access to. When someone says MDMA in the context of laypeople consuming it, it's reasonable to assume they're talking about ecstasy which is essentially MDMA+contaminants.


    Fauj ka jo yaar hay, mulk ka ghaddar hay,
    Ye jo dehshatgardi hay, is kay peechay wardi hay.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    2,211
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post

    Pure MDMA in crystal form is one of the safest drugs out there. In fact it has just as much potential in medical science as marijuana.
    100% spot on.

    Pure MDMA has proven to have potential in the medical sphere; especially with Parkinson's disease.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,628
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't know why some posters are bringing the question of morality into it. If you think drugs are evil, you can always avoid it's use and restrict your children etc. but governments should not take moral stances on such issues. There is enough empirical evidence to show that marijuana use in limited doses is not harmful at all. That should be enough to legalise it.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  78. #78
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,499
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I don't know why some posters are bringing the question of morality into it. If you think drugs are evil, you can always avoid it's use and restrict your children etc. but governments should not take moral stances on such issues. There is enough empirical evidence to show that marijuana use in limited doses is not harmful at all. That should be enough to legalise it.
    If it's not a question of morality, why haven't the drugs been legalised already? Posters are just reflecting the concerns of society in general, it's hardly a cut and dried issue.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    1,037
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    If it's not a question of morality, why haven't the drugs been legalised already? Posters are just reflecting the concerns of society in general, it's hardly a cut and dried issue.
    If it was a question of morality then alcohol and tobacco would be banned and marijuana and MDMA would be made legal. The facts back this up.

  80. #80
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    23,499
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by humzy View Post
    If it was a question of morality then alcohol and tobacco would be banned and marijuana and MDMA would be made legal. The facts back this up.
    So what is the question then? Why the hold up in getting them legalised?


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •