Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which will be the top party after the upcoming general elections?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • PML-N

4 4.30%
  • PTI

86 92.47%
  • PPP

1 1.08%
  • Other

2 2.15%
Results 2,081 to 2,160 of 12517
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What has crawled up Arshad Sharif's behind? Very aggressive in his show.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    It is about time PTI gives a detailed explanation about Zulfi Bukhari issue.

DAWN says NAB had recommended his name on the ECL because he did not respond to rejoinders about offshore accounts.

Now interior ministry says his name was not on ECL and furthermore even if a name is on ECL, interior ministry according to the law can give relaxation to individuals.

The only criticism on IK on this issue is that he put pressure on interior ministry to remove his name from ECL. Therefore, a comprehensive PTI rebuttal is required on this issue.

Meanwhile in another big news, SNGPL points out that former CM Pervez Khattak is a defaulter of around 200 million rupees. I'm sure if you are indeed defaulter of such a hefty amount you should not be allowed to contest elections. Details needed here too.
    I completely agree. If indeed he has got so many arrears, PTI should revoke his ticket.

This will be an immense counterpunch to this whole Zulfi narrative.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    What has crawled up Arshad Sharif's behind? Very aggressive in his show.
    Purportedly, Malik Riaz's moolah.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan_from_soon View Post
    Agreed. Meanwhile, Faisal Javed was absolutely gutted on Kashif Abbasi's show. The poor guy started talking logic in front of the Arnab Goswami of Pakistan. :p

This turn of developments on previously pro-PTI channels like ARY and 92 news is clearly indicative of some big money at play. They weren't bought off by government money during N's tenure. This is someone bigger and with a history of buying media. Only a single name stands out - Malik Riaz.

But what has he got to achieve by running a smear campaign against PTI? Does he want the establishment to drop the NAB cases against him? Or is there something else at play here.
    I believe there is something far bigger at play. Maybe Riaz want to have a say in PTI? Riaz is already standing in SC right now and if PTI becomes the ruling party than he really need them to save his protect his empire he built in last 2 decades doing all type dirty works. There are also reports that he was involved in murder of someone very close to Zulfi.

Malik Riaz problem here is that IK have the finances of PTI already covered by already having billionaires on board who are willing to spend like Tareen, Zulfi, Aleem etc so he don't need Malik Riaz money or planes/helis. Bilawal and Zardari use Bahria Town helis regularly. Shareef family use Bahria and Ch Munir's plabnes and helis.

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barrister Fahad Malik husband of Zulfi Bukhari’s sister, was killed in a shooting in 2016 in Islamabad by Nauman Khokar. After 2 years Zulfi Bukhari is still looking for justice and not stepping back. Everyone knows Khokhars work for Malik Riaz and did lot of dirty work for him and Malik Riaz is also a business partner of Salman Iqbal (ARY Owner) that's one of the reason you will never see ARY doing anything against Bahria Town they try their best to not give any coverage to anything anti Bahria or anti malik Riaz.

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zulfi is back to Pakistan with IK he isn't Ishaq Dar to run away on a plane

Musharraf is also landing in Pakistan in next few hours!

Interesting times ahead!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blunder after blunder by IK

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    ok i take my words back Ali Mohammad deserve the party ticket even if he lose that seat just because the way he defended IK and PTI today on Arshad Sharif show
    Absolutely he does!

Arshad Sharif will remember for long time. He invites someone whose ticket was in doubt and appreciates him so he could attack Imran Khan and what he did made Arshad cry instantly and he almost started abusing Ali who said that "Why are you linking my ticket issue to this, i can sacrifice 100 tickets for Imran Khan"

I have said several times that ARY is not supporting PTI, their rival Geo was in Sharif's pockets so they naturally supported PTI which boosted their own ratings but as we can see they are now against PTI. I also said that Arshad Sharif is a propaganda machine and never liked him despite his brilliant work on Panama case. Mubashar Luqman is in same category, he isn't supporting PTI but have his own agendas.

Kashif Abbasi is probably only decent anchor they have and i would be shocked if he became mouthpiece of Malik Riaz like Arshad.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there is something far bigger at play. Maybe Riaz want to have a say in PTI? Riaz is already standing in SC right now and if PTI becomes the ruling party than he really need them to save his protect his empire he built in last 2 decades doing all type dirty works. There are also reports that he was involved in murder of someone very close to Zulfi.

Malik Riaz problem here is that IK have the finances of PTI already covered by already having billionaires on board who are willing to spend like Tareen, Zulfi, Aleem etc so he don't need Malik Riaz money or planes/helis. Bilawal and Zardari use Bahria Town helis regularly. Shareef family use Bahria and Ch Munir's plabnes and helis.
    Haven't been up-to-date last couple of days.

If media campaign has turned against IK and PTI, I won't be worried at all. Zero consequence. Rather I would be pleased, because in the hindsight, this explains the reason behind PTI-Tickets been allotted to electable heavyweights in preference to PTI workers from Nazryati class. Majority are on track to Bullying the Bullies.

Guess IK knew it was coming, the Pan-Media Campaign against PTI, and he is out doing opponents because he seems to have head start on multiple fronts courtesy God know who and how.

Cash Figures that I am being told (to get PTI tickets and now cash flow since announcement of lists) dwarfs anything, everything of past. 100s of millions for 1 NA.

This election isn't between PTI vs Status Quo Politicia. I believe it's between Nationalist Lobbyists vs Opportunistic Lobbyists. Dare I say, Decisive Moments.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Malik Riaz reportedly paid Rs 2 billion to ARY News to run this campaign.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok guys can somebody summarise the latest goings on as I have been out of it for a few days. What are the PTI's chances compared to a month ago? Where do the PMLN stand right now? how about Zardari and co?

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    @PakWarrior @Waseem @Mian

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I made the prediction sheet far more comprehensive. I will be updating this over the next week or so. Just waiting for MMA, MQM, PML-N, etc tickets to be announced, then we can really start making seat predictions.
    Thanks Hussain. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply yesterday.

Really great work bro. Inshallah we can start predictions as soon as we have most of the pmln candidates.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Ok guys can somebody summarise the latest goings on as I have been out of it for a few days. What are the PTI's chances compared to a month ago? Where do the PMLN stand right now? how about Zardari and co?
    PTI chances are strong but it's going to be a tough fight in Punjab as PMLN are going to give a tough battle.

Zardari and his PPP are out of it. Totally wiped out even worse than 2013 I predict. They will be confined to their home seats and Billawal and Zardari will win their seats.

Inshallah we will start predictions seat by seat soon.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebGuru View Post
    First thing he wasn't alone on that plane so plane wasn't chartered just for him or his wife. There were 2 billionaires on that plane Zulfi Bukhari & Aleem Khan so maybe they booked it for their own convenience. IK don't use chartered planes for overseas visits. When was the last time you saw him traveling abroad on chartered plane?

Second thing he isn't there just for Umrah he did participated in a fundraising event for SKMCH yesterday and Aleem Khan was part of that event too.

Third even if it was a favor by a businessman we can't call it corruption until he start giving those favors back in any form IF he comes in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Just as i said earlier come back when you have something. If he gives favours then charge him with corruption otherwise stop being an idiot. Btw talking corruption, i see your comments on showbiz and literally the billions stolen by him, his son, son in law and the other coterie of crooks in Punjab. At least you are consistent with your comments on corruption. Only joking, not a word on the billions stolen because in your desperation for attention by attacking IK, you have yourself a laughing stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    So now you are fortune teller
    Businessmen are not "khudai khidmatgar". They make investments.

The crook and fraud Jahangir Tareen did not provide Uber service to Imran Khan out of the goodness of his heart; he was simply making an investment because he knew that if Imran comes into power, he will give him an important position.

Same goes for all the lotas and third class politicians who have deserted their parties to join PTI. They are not doing it for Naya Pakistan; they are doing it for their own political careers.

This is where Imran has lost the plot. In his desperation to come into power, he fails to see that these "electables" will be his downfall if he becomes the PM.

The common excuse is that since Imran is not corrupt, he will ensure that these electables work for the betterment of the country. However, people do not realize that politics is not a top-down process - it is a bottom-down process.

Imran cannot do anything when the same old tried and tested crooks are running the show at the ground level.

People in Pakistan are dying of hunger, and our great revolutionary leader is off to Umrah in a private jet. A leader who claimed that he will end VIP culture in Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is about time PTI gives a detailed explanation about Zulfi Bukhari issue.

DAWN says NAB had recommended his name on the ECL because he did not respond to rejoinders about offshore accounts.

Now interior ministry says his name was not on ECL and furthermore even if a name is on ECL, interior ministry according to the law can give relaxation to individuals.

The only criticism on IK on this issue is that he put pressure on interior ministry to remove his name from ECL. Therefore, a comprehensive PTI rebuttal is required on this issue.

Meanwhile in another big news, SNGPL points out that former CM Pervez Khattak is a defaulter of around 200 million rupees. I'm sure if you are indeed defaulter of such a hefty amount you should not be allowed to contest elections. Details needed here too.
    I completely agree. If indeed he has got so many arrears, PTI should revoke his ticket.

This will be an immense counterpunch to this whole Zulfi narrative.
    The media is at full swing and they are not even hiding it. Daw published this news against Khattak without even verifying and i guess they are even apologizing? Here s the fact:

NOWSHERA: Former chief minister Pervez Khattak on Wednesday clarified that he was not a defaulter of the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines (SNGPL).
    Pervez Khattak said that it was not him but his namesake Haji Pervez Khattak who is owner of several compressed natural gas (CNGs) stations.

The former chief minister said the report carried in a section of the media which termed him a defaulter of SNGPL was wrong. “I did not own any CNG station or company. The media should have verified the news before broadcasting the story involving me,” said Pervez Khattak.
    https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/329...ngpl-defaulter

Imagine if he was a defaulter PMLN waale isko 5 saal chorte ?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Haven't been up-to-date last couple of days.

If media campaign has turned against IK and PTI, I won't be worried at all. Zero consequence. Rather I would be pleased, because in the hindsight, this explains the reason behind PTI-Tickets been allotted to electable heavyweights in preference to PTI workers from Nazryati class. Majority are on track to Bullying the Bullies.

Guess IK knew it was coming, the Pan-Media Campaign against PTI, and he is out doing opponents because he seems to have head start on multiple fronts courtesy God know who and how.

Cash Figures that I am being told (to get PTI tickets and now cash flow since announcement of lists) dwarfs anything, everything of past. 100s of millions for 1 NA.

This election isn't between PTI vs Status Quo Politicia. I believe it's between Nationalist Lobbyists vs Opportunistic Lobbyists. Dare I say, Decisive Moments.
    Interesting view i also think this election can change the fortune of many so called tycoons so they will make sure they invest really really big to keep PTI out of the race.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Absolutely he does!

Arshad Sharif will remember for long time. He invites someone whose ticket was in doubt and appreciates him so he could attack Imran Khan and what he did made Arshad cry instantly and he almost started abusing Ali who said that "Why are you linking my ticket issue to this, i can sacrifice 100 tickets for Imran Khan"

I have said several times that ARY is not supporting PTI, their rival Geo was in Sharif's pockets so they naturally supported PTI which boosted their own ratings but as we can see they are now against PTI. I also said that Arshad Sharif is a propaganda machine and never liked him despite his brilliant work on Panama case. Mubashar Luqman is in same category, he isn't supporting PTI but have his own agendas.

Kashif Abbasi is probably only decent anchor they have and i would be shocked if he became mouthpiece of Malik Riaz like Arshad.
    Arshad Sharif had a full campaign against IK and PTI back in 2015 these PTi supporters have a shrot term memory lose issue. Most of these journalists work on their own agenda they don't draw the line between parties to protect one.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/PTIOfficial...5831611554527/

New Habib Akram survey showing the overall position in KPK as well as specifically showing the picture in the Hazara belt.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what Sami Abrahi mwho left ARY said: (ARY stopped paying him because of one tweet against Malik RIaz)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/PTIOfficial...5831611554527/

New Habib Akram survey showing the overall position in KPK as well as specifically showing the picture in the Hazara belt.

Interesting results saw the one about Lahore. But if i am not the calculation is based on his individual surveys and most of them were done when PMLN was still in govt and many electables hadn't join PTI.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that PTI only got 19% of the provincial assembly vote in KPK last time, and still won almost half the seats. Will be interesting to see whether they have simply just doubled support in their own constituencies, or if they have gained support in other areas too. Looking at Habib Akram's survey, it seems to be the latter.

Last edited by hussain.r97; 14th June 2018 at 11:21.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that PTI only got 19% of the provincial assembly vote in KPK last time, and still won almost half the seats. Will be interesting to see whether they have simply just doubled support in their own constituencies, or if they have gained support in other areas too. Looking at Habib Akram's survey, it seems to be the latter.

Charsadda, Bannu and Hazara surveys show they gained support in other areas too.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday ruled in favour of Awami Muslim League (AML) chief Sheikh Rasheed throwing PML-N's Shakeel Awan petition seeking his disqualification.

A three-member bench, headed by Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed and comprising Justice Qazi Faez Isa and Justice Sajjad Ali Shah, announced the decision, after reserving its verdict in the case on March 20, 2018.

The petition, filed by Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leader, who lost the 2013 general election to Rasheed, claimed that the AML chief mis-declared his assets in his nomination papers and owned the error as well.

The bench handed out a majority verdict. Justice Isa wrote a dissenting note in which the honourable judge called for constituting full court to decide the matter.

After the verdict, the AML chief said: "I have done nothing wrong and never hid any of my assets".

During hearing of the petition, Awan’s counsel had argued before the three-member bench that according to the Representation of People’s Act, it was necessary to accurately declare all of one’s assets before contesting elections.

He had asserted that the most recent court case regarding the wrong filling of nomination papers was the 2017 Panama Papers judgment. Sh Rasheed’s counsel, on the other hand, had contended that his client did not conceal anything and accepted that his client had owned the mistake in valuing his assets.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/32...-supreme-court
    @WebGuru

I hope you would agree that it is a farcical decision. His case is not different to Nawaz Sharif, and we cannot ignore the fact that the ruling has been biased in his favor. It also does not come as a surprise that Justice Isa was in favor of dismissing the crook that Sheikh Rasheed is.

He is a man of integrity and is the only SC judge who has the guts to stand up to the bullying of the Military establishment, who will be itching to ensure that he doesn't become the CJ in the future.

This ruling is a complete joke, but it is not the biggest joke we have seen. A completely biased decision.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Another poll for South Punjab.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    @WebGuru

I hope you would agree that it is a farcical decision. His case is not different to Nawaz Sharif, and we cannot ignore the fact that the ruling has been biased in his favor. It also does not come as a surprise that Justice Isa was in favor of dismissing the crook that Sheikh Rasheed is.

He is a man of integrity and is the only SC judge who has the guts to stand up to the bullying of the Military establishment, who will be itching to ensure that he doesn't become the CJ in the future.

This ruling is a complete joke, but it is not the biggest joke we have seen. A completely biased decision.
    So atleast you agreed that Nawaz Sharif's case ruling was correct :p

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone explain why nawaz Sharif is defended so much? I mean if you consider all the evidence piled up against him and his family. It absolutely makes no sense.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Punjab

Lahore

Sindh

Interior Sindh

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The interesting thing to note about Sindh is that MQM won 25% in 2013, and they are now polling at 10%, a loss of 15%. Let's say Habib Akram's surveys are off by 7%, MQM have still lost a massive 8% support in Sindh. And look who has made gains..... PTI AND PPP have both made gains. This survey lines up with my prediction, MQM will win half the seats in Karachi, the other half will be a battle between PPP and PTI.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punjab

Lahore

Sindh

Interior Sindh

Not good numbers if one is a PTI supporter

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The calculations are based on the shows he did in last 6 months or so and a lot have changed after that specially the joinings of electables and PMLN is no more in govt.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The calculations are based on the shows he did in last 6 months or so and a lot have changed after that specially the joinings of electables and PMLN is no more in govt.
    About 6 weeks to go to elections and I do not see any electioneering... PTI is acting as if they have already won the match.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the numbers look very decent to be honest. First, you need to consider that these numbers are from his previous surveys, which he mostly did before electables joining, before the caretaker setup came in, and before the Lahore jalsa. I think it is encouraging for PTI that despite these surveys being old, they are within 15% of PML-N in Punjab, and looking decent in Karachi with MQM's votebank effectively halved. PTI is the sort of party that gains votes based on a big wave of support before elections, the next month will be key in deciding if they win or not.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    About 6 weeks to go to elections and I do not see any electioneering... PTI is acting as if they have already won the match.
    Many of the main leaders are actually doing some ground level campaigning. I can personally speak for Dr Arif Alvi, who has been visiting locations all across Karachi, speaking to locals, etc. I know that many leaders across the country are doing the same too. I think starting from next week, with Imran Khan back in Pakistan, we'll start seeing some more serious campaigning. Honestly speaking, I really question Imran Khan going for Umrah just 6 weeks out from elections, in my opinion the time to go was a few months back.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has identified 383 election candidates as bank defaulters of hundreds of millions of rupees during the scrutiny of their nomination papers, DawnNewsTV reported on Thursday citing sources in the ECP.

Among the candidates who owe money to banks or have secured loan waivers is a certain Iftikhar Ahmed Khan, who owes a staggering Rs642 million.

Of the other poll hopefuls, Naveed Mukhtar owes Rs570m, of which over Rs13m was waived; Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh owes Rs560m, of which over Rs14m has been waived; Rashid Yaqoob, who owes Rs528m, of which Rs13m has been waived; Muhammad Khan, a defaulter of Rs23m, and Malik Waheed Khan, a defaulter of Rs5m, with Rs38m waived.

Earlier this week, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) had informed the ECP that more than 100 candidates were found to be bank defaulters in its scrutiny process. PPP's Hina Rabbani Khar and Mian Manzoor Ahmed Wattoo were among the prominent names that the central bank had red-flagged.

The scrutiny process was to be carried out by four federal bodies: the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), the National Accountability Bureau, the State Bank of Pakistan and the Federal Board of Revenue.

The ECP says three of the four agencies have wrapped up their part of the process, with the FIA, which is responsible for checking the dual nationality status and Iqama papers of the candidates, yet to submit its report on the matter.

The ECP said that scrutiny of more than 20,000 applicants was conducted and the data of defaulters has been sent to the returning officer. The FIA has asked for 22 days to submit its report.

FIA sources told DawnNewsTV that most of the agency's record is on paper, which is why it will need more time.

The ECP today decided that it would seek the Army's help to provide security at polling booths.

Army personnel will be deployed at 'sensitive' and 'very sensitive' polling stations in the upcoming general elections.

The commission also wants the army to oversee the printing process of ballot papers as well as their distribution.

The electoral watchdog has also decided to install closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras at more than 20,000 polling stations throughout Pakistan.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1414135/ec...-as-defaulters

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has identified 383 election candidates as bank defaulters of hundreds of millions of rupees during the scrutiny of their nomination papers, DawnNewsTV reported on Thursday citing sources in the ECP.

Among the candidates who owe money to banks or have secured loan waivers is a certain Iftikhar Ahmed Khan, who owes a staggering Rs642 million.

Of the other poll hopefuls, Naveed Mukhtar owes Rs570m, of which over Rs13m was waived; Muhammad Yaqoob Sheikh owes Rs560m, of which over Rs14m has been waived; Rashid Yaqoob, who owes Rs528m, of which Rs13m has been waived; Muhammad Khan, a defaulter of Rs23m, and Malik Waheed Khan, a defaulter of Rs5m, with Rs38m waived.

Earlier this week, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) had informed the ECP that more than 100 candidates were found to be bank defaulters in its scrutiny process. PPP's Hina Rabbani Khar and Mian Manzoor Ahmed Wattoo were among the prominent names that the central bank had red-flagged.

The scrutiny process was to be carried out by four federal bodies: the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), the National Accountability Bureau, the State Bank of Pakistan and the Federal Board of Revenue.

The ECP says three of the four agencies have wrapped up their part of the process, with the FIA, which is responsible for checking the dual nationality status and Iqama papers of the candidates, yet to submit its report on the matter.

The ECP said that scrutiny of more than 20,000 applicants was conducted and the data of defaulters has been sent to the returning officer. The FIA has asked for 22 days to submit its report.

FIA sources told DawnNewsTV that most of the agency's record is on paper, which is why it will need more time.

The ECP today decided that it would seek the Army's help to provide security at polling booths.

Army personnel will be deployed at 'sensitive' and 'very sensitive' polling stations in the upcoming general elections.

The commission also wants the army to oversee the printing process of ballot papers as well as their distribution.

The electoral watchdog has also decided to install closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras at more than 20,000 polling stations throughout Pakistan.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1414135/ec...-as-defaulters
    Do you think its enogh to fix the rigging issues?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ok i take my words back Ali Mohammad deserve the party ticket even if he lose that seat just because the way he defended IK and PTI today on Arshad Sharif show
    Pehlay din se keh raha hoon mein yeh

He might not have been good with local politics but he is national level leader and knows how to handle media, media personnel and political opponents. Garbage decision to not give him ticket.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Many of the main leaders are actually doing some ground level campaigning. I can personally speak for Dr Arif Alvi, who has been visiting locations all across Karachi, speaking to locals, etc. I know that many leaders across the country are doing the same too. I think starting from next week, with Imran Khan back in Pakistan, we'll start seeing some more serious campaigning. Honestly speaking, I really question Imran Khan going for Umrah just 6 weeks out from elections, in my opinion the time to go was a few months back.
    Well Dr. Arif Alvi should be very worried his seat is in serious danger....

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nazryatis from last few weeks making life really hard for Taimur Jhagra in Peshawar just because he is given the ticket also some olde PTI leaders in KPy are really afraid of him because he is a competent guy and can be a future CM of KP or at least he can be our Asad Umar for KP

Situation in PK73

Last edited by hadi123; 14th June 2018 at 15:58.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pehlay din se keh raha hoon mein yeh

He might not have been good with local politics but he is national level leader and knows how to handle media, media personnel and political opponents. Garbage decision to not give him ticket.
    Mere khayal main isko NA61 Pindi se khera kerdena chahiye instead of that clueless Kayani

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_103 View Post
    Do you think its enogh to fix the rigging issues?
    Will election commission actually reject some papers this time or accept everyone like they did last time is the main question.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Eid there is going to be a massive campaign. I heard 3/4 Jalsas every day in different consistencies i hope party funds will cover the heli cost because i can't see 3/4 Jalsa in different cities in a day without heli. Media as usual will target IK for the use of heli

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI needs to up their media game from next week or so onwards up until elections. PTI enjoyed positive light in the media during the month of May which definitely helped in raising their predictive performance graph.

PTI needs to bring out or shine more light on the positives from their 5 year KP government. I would ideally like to see a detailed and indepth graphical presentation of the following in the media:
    1. Police reforms
    2. Healthcare convenience to all
    3. Improvement in education
    4. KP macro economics comparison
    5. Billion tree tsunami

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra_Cover View Post
    PTI needs to up their media game from next week or so onwards up until elections. PTI enjoyed positive light in the media during the month of May which definitely helped in raising their predictive performance graph.

PTI needs to bring out or shine more light on the positives from their 5 year KP government. I would ideally like to see a detailed and indepth graphical presentation of the following in the media:
    1. Police reforms
    2. Healthcare convenience to all
    3. Improvement in education
    4. KP macro economics comparison
    5. Billion tree tsunami
    True all their media person should be aware of these reforms and the work in KP..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nazryatis from last few weeks making life really hard for Taimur Jhagra in Peshawar just because he is given the ticket also some olde PTI leaders in KPy are really afraid of him because he is a competent guy and can be a future CM of KP or at least he can be our Asad Umar for KP

Situation in PK73

Just read on his twitter... it says former "McKinsey partner".... damn this guy must have been making big bucks and left it all to help PTI and Pakistan. Also he has to be really smart to be a McKinsey partner..... this is exactly the type of people we need leading Pakistan. Tabdeeli ah nahi ri, tabdeeli agayi hai.

Ro Nooray Ro
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th June 2018 at 15:58.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What happened between Malik Riaz and Imran Khan/PTI ?

What is the cause of this grand propaganda against Imran Khan?

Photos of Malik Riaz with Arshad Sharif have surfaced.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1523 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

How can one businessman have so much say in Pakistan is beyond me

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How can one businessman have so much say in Pakistan is beyond me
    He is a super wealthy businessman who has media houses, politicians and GHQ boys in his pocket. He is involved in land grabbing in Punjab and Sindh in collusion with former president Zardari.

He has forcibly acquired large swathes of land belonging to poor people in Sindh and forced them out of their lands through intimidation and violence.

He is much revered in Pakistani because he spends some of his ill-gotten wealth on philantrophy. For instance, he goes around building large mosques in cities thus winning hearts of ordinary people.

Media houses choose to ignore Malik Riaz’s involvement in criminal activity as they are recipients of plots of land in the businessman’s various posh housing projects.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    That's a poor survey. Long-winded question, confused anchor. No tabulation of results.

However, the general impression from the video is that it will be tight contest between PP and PTI. MQM being not quite in the picture.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post

It is not directly linked with imran Khan; it is a pretty complex situation and there is no way that I can verify it so no point stating it here. It all apparently links to political/ business mafias, backing, court case, crime and if PTI comes into power. Certain anchors have an agenda to help financial backers to stop PTI forming government.
    Last edited by King-Misbah; 14th June 2018 at 14:20.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read on his twitter... it says former "McKinsey partner".... damn this guy must have been making big bucks and left it all to help PTI and Pakistan. Also he has to be really smart to be a McKinsey partner..... this is exactly the type of people we need leading Pakistan. Tabdeeli ah nahi ri, tabdeeli agayi hai.

Ro Nooray Ro
    Yep he was working with then and provided services to different countries. He was also part of PTI's think-tank and is one of the brain behind 100 days plan.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Businessmen are not "khudai khidmatgar". They make investments.

The crook and fraud Jahangir Tareen did not provide Uber service to Imran Khan out of the goodness of his heart; he was simply making an investment because he knew that if Imran comes into power, he will give him an important position.

Same goes for all the lotas and third class politicians who have deserted their parties to join PTI. They are not doing it for Naya Pakistan; they are doing it for their own political careers.

This is where Imran has lost the plot. In his desperation to come into power, he fails to see that these "electables" will be his downfall if he becomes the PM.

The common excuse is that since Imran is not corrupt, he will ensure that these electables work for the betterment of the country. However, people do not realize that politics is not a top-down process - it is a bottom-down process.

Imran cannot do anything when the same old tried and tested crooks are running the show at the ground level.

People in Pakistan are dying of hunger, and our great revolutionary leader is off to Umrah in a private jet. A leader who claimed that he will end VIP culture in Pakistan.
    So you are worried about what might happen but why not comment on what has happened with NS and SS. You are are like a poorly paid Noora troll, avoiding Noora theft at every juncture. Why not comment on the 400 crore stolen from saf pani scheme, or the billions scammed by SHOWBIZ and friends from the fake companies setup.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  11jpg.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  73.6 KB

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Misbah View Post
    It is not directly linked with imran Khan; it is a pretty complex situation and there is no way that I can verify it so no point stating it here. It all apparently links to political/ business mafias, backing, court case, crime and if PTI comes into power. Certain anchors have an agenda to help financial backers to stop PTI forming government.
    I am so curious, if you could explain?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess PTI isn't in the mood to open many fronts at the same time just before elections so here is what Fawad tweeted a few hours ago

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hussain.r97

Seems like NA-248 didn't go to Subhan Ali as we predicted. Who is Sardar Aziz? And what is with Subhan attacking Insaf house?

I think we should count this district west seat out now because Subhan is definitely going to stand independent- leaving not much chance for PTI.
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th June 2018 at 15:56.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMLN is also delaying the ticket announcements

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naazreen nomination papers main Khawaja Saad Rafiq ne apni aik adad secret wife declare kerdi from 2016 she worked with PTV but well media don't care! because he is IK and not not in PTI

Hamza Shahbaz also admitted Ayesha Ahad is his wife after 9/10 years and still no coverage on media?

UTurns reports are all for IK?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ro Nooray Ro
    Even being an employee would have done it, and he was a partner. People may mistake partner as financial-partnership. But those who know what it takes to be a partner at such elite firms, we need more individuals like him.
    Guys like Asad Umar, Taimur Jhagra were earning perhaps millions in dollars as flat salaries. They didn't need to be in politics but then IK happened. This is an effect of IK. Thanks to him, politics in pakistan isn't exclusively royal thing now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI situation in South Punjab

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    Name:  11jpg.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  73.6 KB
    What the hell is this? Umeed?

PML N expects 110 seats

and

PTI 69 seats from Punjab?

What is this crap? A poll or party expectations?

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @hussain.r97

Seems like NA-248 didn't go to Subhan Ali as we predicted. Who is Sardar Aziz? And what is with Subhan attacking Insaf house?

I think we should count this district west seat out now because Subhan is definitely going to stand independent- leaving not much chance for PTI.
    Imran Khan should go for Hajj now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan should go for Hajj now.
    Heard Nawab of Buhawalpur left PTI for not getting ticket? (he joined a couple of weeks ago)

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was against it but after watching PMLN propaganda machine at work already using religious card against PTI now i believe it's time to use khatam e nabuvat issue against them if they really wanna use religion as a card in this election. Molana Tariq Jamil sahab got millions of followers in Pakistan specially in Punjab and PMLN is trying to create this issue with Photoshop images to decrease PTI chances?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I guess PTI isn't in the mood to open many fronts at the same time just before elections so here is what Fawad tweeted a few hours ago

Fawad is a sensible guy. He understands that these people can't sustain this PTI bashing for a long time. Ultimately, they will have to change things because their audience does not want to hear this. Watched Arshad Sharif's show yesterday, i usually don't watch his show at all but i noted more than 50 percent people disliked the video. If such is their audience they will lose their ratings.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad is a sensible guy. He understands that these people can't sustain this PTI bashing for a long time. Ultimately, they will have to change things because their audience does not want to hear this. Watched Arshad Sharif's show yesterday, i usually don't watch his show at all but i noted more than 50 percent people disliked the video. If such is their audience they will lose their ratings.
    Remember Talat? He was at peak of his popularity when started these agenda based programs against PTI now nobody even cares what he says!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heard Nawab of Buhawalpur left PTI for not getting ticket? (he joined a couple of weeks ago)
    I read yesterday that PTI did not give him the ticket of his choice. PTI wanted to give him another constituency where as he was adamant on his choice. It did not work out i guess.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember Talat? He was at peak of his popularity when started these agenda based programs against PTI now nobody even cares what he says!
    If the price is right, these can even afford losing ratings. And by price it does not necessarily mean lifafa, they get pay from their owners who have their own interests, they can also avail other benefits for example some have their elatives appointed in government services etc....

But once the ratings steep too low that lifafa does not make up for it then they start behaving more neutrally.

Some have more interesting ways of staying relevant. Some one like Javed Ch will toe one line for 4 days and on 5th day he will completely come to the rescue of the other party. Hence, this way they can give an impression of credibility.

I wanted to start a thread by asking that "who are the most credible/neutral anchorpersons in Pakistan?" Can we debate it here? What names come to your mind?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    Will election commission actually reject some papers this time or accept everyone like they did last time is the main question.
    Election commission should definitely bar defaulters from contesting. They can't pay to government but want to be government and can spend millions on achieving this. A minimum amount should be a benchmark. Unless, a defaulter is cleared by a competent court he/she should not be allowed to contest elections.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the price is right, these can even afford losing ratings. And by price it does not necessarily mean lifafa, they get pay from their owners who have their own interests, they can also avail other benefits for example some have their elatives appointed in government services etc....

But once the ratings steep too low that lifafa does not make up for it then they start behaving more neutrally.

Some have more interesting ways of staying relevant. Some one like Javed Ch will toe one line for 4 days and on 5th day he will completely come to the rescue of the other party. Hence, this way they can give an impression of credibility.

I wanted to start a thread by asking that "who are the most credible/neutral anchorpersons in Pakistan?" Can we debate it here? What names come to your mind?
    Zara Hat Kay team

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with most of what you said even Kalsra wife is a civil servant. These popular anchor sometime try to dictate parties and want them to include exclude people based on their liking it disliking. Nice example of Javed Ch, I will say even Hamid Mir do same he never goes to the extreme end and join bandwagons for a short period whenever needed. There are hardly any neutral anchors in Pakistan but from current lot i will say Kashif Abbasi and Nadeem Malik are good. Kashif at times can be over critical just to look neutral and cool.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @hussain.r97

He is general secretary PTI Karachi. EXTREMELY poor decision, PTI have literally given this seat away for free. Subhan was a deserving candidate, almost won his seat last time out of nowhere. Don't see any other reason for him missing out other than Sardar Aziz being part of Karachi leadership, and thus keeping the seat for himself.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Election commission should definitely bar defaulters from contesting. They can't pay to government but want to be government and can spend millions on achieving this. A minimum amount should be a benchmark. Unless, a defaulter is cleared by a competent court he/she should not be allowed to contest elections.
    I am still waiting for Dawn to post an apology for mixing up Pervez Khattak name with another defaulter and publishing it as an exclusive news.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendInzi View Post
    Zara Hat Kay team
    Certainly, they are better ones. Their program is also different than mainstream talk shows.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khan campaign at NA243 Karachi begins i guess!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am still waiting for Dawn to post an apology for mixing up Pervez Khattak name with another defaulter and publishing it as an exclusive news.
    Although they have also clarified this in main website headlines, they could still add an apology in the details.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so Gulalai is going to contest against Khan in NA53 Islamabad

PTI vs PTIG

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Agree with most of what you said even Kalsra wife is a civil servant. These popular anchor sometime try to dictate parties and want them to include exclude people based on their liking it disliking. Nice example of Javed Ch, I will say even Hamid Mir do same he never goes to the extreme end and join bandwagons for a short period whenever needed. There are hardly any neutral anchors in Pakistan but from current lot i will say Kashif Abbasi and Nadeem Malik are good. Kashif at times can be over critical just to look neutral and cool.
    Hamid is a an artist. He is expert at beating about the bush. Keeping good faith with all the parties. No other anchorperson would have Imran Khan , Nawaz and Zardari all as his friends.
    This is his way of doing things but he conducts his program very well, gives equal opportunity to all people. But at crunch times he avoids taking clear sides.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamid is a an artist. He is expert at beating about the bush. Keeping good faith with all the parties. No other anchorperson would have Imran Khan , Nawaz and Zardari all as his friends.
    This is his way of doing things but he conducts his program very well, gives equal opportunity to all people. But at crunch times he avoids taking clear sides.
    Completely agree!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hamid Mir is very slimey and you're right, he is very clever as to the sides he takes and when.