Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which will be the top party after the upcoming general elections?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • PML-N

4 4.30%
  • PTI

86 92.47%
  • PPP

1 1.08%
  • Other

2 2.15%
Page 2 of 158 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Imran Khan is going to win.

The result will alter sub-continental politics bigstyle.
    For better or worse?

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    It's a shame, cos I was really impressed with him when Musharraf had his power struggle against the judiciary, PPP really have messed up going the dynastic route instead of having the most able lead them.
    PPP has seem seriously competent people onboard, but unfortunately they have turned into a dynastic party.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    For better or worse?
    For the better, as long as he can keep the military establishment in check.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For the better, as long as he can keep the military establishment in check.
    I disagree... with Imran I feel Pak-India relations will further deteriorate. Keep in mind Nawaz Sharif is the most pro-India PM in our history, he has not said even one word against India in his tenure. Even invited Modi to his granddaughters wedding.

Imran won't be like that. Imran will say it as it is and won't mince his words - whether India likes it or not. This will obviously lead to a war of words and further erosion of ties between the sides. Modi is very anti-Pakistan and from what you guys tell us he is set to be re-elected in 2019 with even more seats.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Secret meeting between Nawaz and Modi in London.... Yeh mota mulk baich kay hi chain lehga @Mian

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secret meeting between Nawaz and Modi in London.... Yeh mota mulk baich kay hi chain lehga @Mian
    I heard Shahbaz is also leaving for London tomorrow. Ab pata nae inki konsi new khichri paqne ja rahi phrse.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Modi is very anti-Pakistan and from what you guys tell us he is set to be re-elected in 2019 with even more seats.
    Not happening. Most likely a hung parliament.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not happening. Most likely a hung parliament.
    What are the chances of congress bouncing back in 2019?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think people are being overly optimistic here. After last time I'm being very very cautious..the sharifs have a mafia that works for them in the pinds and small towns in Punjab. I still cant see PTI making any inroads there..Interior Sindh is PPP wadera land so nothing there..at best it will probably be a coalition govt but whats the point of that? PTI will get neutered and we may have another snap election in a year or two for IK to get rid of the coalition...

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Also Kaira is from Lalamusa / kharian and everyone in the area knows he's as corrupt as the next man..

as for Aitzaz Ahasen. I hope Chaudhry sahib stays well clear of the PTI we can do without traitors like him...

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Also Kaira is from Lalamusa / kharian and everyone in the area knows he's as corrupt as the next man..

as for Aitzaz Ahasen. I hope Chaudhry sahib stays well clear of the PTI we can do without traitors like him...
    There are many that say that he is clean, what is the truth?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    What are the chances of congress bouncing back in 2019?
    Next to zero.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next to zero.
    So BJP is coming back? or some grand alliance at national level?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next to zero.
    Then who will hang the Parliament? Modi will win imo, and India will dive deeper in all social indices

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Then who will hang the Parliament? Modi will win imo, and India will dive deeper in all social indices
    I don't think you understand how a hung parliament works. In 2014, everything went perfectly for the BJP and against the Congress, and the BJP managed to get 284 seats for themselves - when 272 is needed for a majority.

This time around, all their allies (TDP, Shiv Sena) have ditched them and they will struggle to get to 250 seats by most estimates. The Congress is nowhere to be seen, and yet the BJP can't make a government: that is called a hung parliament. The party will then be hostage to Mayawati / Mamata and fireworks will ensue.

As for India falling further in social indices, let it.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is some shocking stuff PTI gaining 24% popularity in Larkana according to Habib Akram survey in the fortress of Bhuttos! I know PTI will not be able to win more than a couple of seats from interior Sindh but they are seriously gaining some popularity there as a party which is shocking.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    73% people of Islamabad think Asad Umar will be able to win his seat from Islamabad again. Remember this is the urban islamabad seat.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    39% people think Dr Alvi of PTI will again win his seat. Shocked to see MQM at number 3?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another shocking result is PTI is still 67% popular on Swat seat of Murad Saeed? He hardly did anything in the constituency and was siting Islamabad most of the time while Amir Maqam was spending federal funds there. So maybe the vote bank there is of positive PTI govt policies instead of Murad Saeed? In any case PTI should give the ticket to someone else there.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another shocking result is PTI is still 67% popular on Swat seat of Murad Saeed? He hardly did anything in the constituency and was siting Islamabad most of the time while Amir Maqam was spending federal funds there. So maybe the vote bank there is of positive PTI govt policies instead of Murad Saeed? In any case PTI should give the ticket to someone else there.

Why is that? I thought Murad Saeed was one of the good ones amongst the young cadre of PTI.... Definitely future party secretary general material.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like JUIF lost ground in conservative bannu district and ex CM durrani seat is in danger.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is that? I thought Murad Saeed was one of the good ones amongst the young cadre of PTI.... Definitely future party secretary general material.
    He wasn't seen in his constituency most of the time and was only busy doing tv shows on Bol News sitting in Islamabad. Talked to some of the guys from Swat and they were really unhappy with him but overall they were satisfied with PTI govt policies in KP. Before becoming youngest MNA in our history he built ISF (Insaf Stduent Federation) in KP. In my personal opinion he should have been MPA instead of MNA that way he had more chances of doing something as a young provincial minister just like Atif and Shahram they did wonders.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like JUIF lost ground in conservative bannu district and ex CM durrani seat is in danger.

Watch the latest Habib Akram video on Hyderabad... Seems like MQM has like 80% support

I'm not a fan of this journalist due to his lifafa tendencies but he is doing a good job of going city by city and guaging the political temperature. I want to see him do some surveys in undroon Punjab. That is where central governments are won or lost.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch the latest Habib Akram video on Hyderabad... Seems like MQM has like 80% support

I'm not a fan of this journalist due to his lifafa tendencies but he is doing a good job of going city by city and guaging the political temperature. I want to see him do some surveys in undroon Punjab. That is where central governments are won or lost.
    He did some shows in central punjab and according to him corruption wahaan ki awaam ka masla he nae hai vote nawaz ka he hai hum south and north punjaab waale victim hen thanks to this central punjab jaahilon wala mindset humaare sath bilkul wese ho raha he jese Sindh main karachi ke sath.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    73% people of Islamabad think Asad Umar will be able to win his seat from Islamabad again. Remember this is the urban islamabad seat.

Asad Umar is going to run on NA-53, the one which is a mix of urban and rural.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What is the methodology of all these surveys?

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Asad Umar is going to run on NA-53, the one which is a mix of urban and rural.
    NA-48 is the new NA-53 if i am not wrong? 54 and 55 are the other 2 Isb seats?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now this is some shocking stuff PTI gaining 24% popularity in Larkana according to Habib Akram survey in the fortress of Bhuttos! I know PTI will not be able to win more than a couple of seats from interior Sindh but they are seriously gaining some popularity there as a party which is shocking.

From what I gather on the ground, PTIs votebank in Sindh is 90% students and young people. The younger generations are realizing the damage PPP have done, but unfortunately the older generation are still loyal to PPP.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    NA-48 is the new NA-53 if i am not wrong? 54 and 55 are the other 2 Isb seats?
    Yes, but Asad Umar is running on NA-54. Because NA-53 is almost a sure win for PTI as it is completely in urban Islamabad in areas with strong PTI support. NA-52 is almost totally rural, the most difficult one to win. NA-53 is somewhere where PTI can win if they work hard as it is part urban, part rural, hence why Asad Umar is running from there...

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, but Asad Umar is running on NA-54. Because NA-53 is almost a sure win for PTI as it is completely in urban Islamabad in areas with strong PTI support. NA-52 is almost totally rural, the most difficult one to win. NA-53 is somewhere where PTI can win if they work hard as it is part urban, part rural, hence why Asad Umar is running from there...
    Sorry I messed it up haha. NA 54 is the new NA 48. Asad Umar is running on NA 53 I mean! NA 52, 53, 54 are the Islamabad seats. @Mian

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I gather on the ground, PTIs votebank in Sindh is 90% students and young people. The younger generations are realizing the damage PPP have done, but unfortunately the older generation are still loyal to PPP.
    Thats great and its only gonna force PPP to change their way of work which is great for democracy otherwise they had no competition at all.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I messed it up haha. NA 54 is the new NA 48. Asad Umar is running on NA 53 I mean! NA 52, 53, 54 are the Islamabad seats. @Mian
    What are the chances of PTI gaining Khokhar group support? They can help PTI

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In drawing room politics, people are starting to believe that PTI will get just enough seats to form a coalition government.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    In drawing room politics, people are starting to believe that PTI will get just enough seats to form a coalition government.
    PMLQ, PSP, MQM, BAP these parties should get enough seats to help PTI coalition govt because i cant see PPP, ANP, JUIF sitting with them

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I vote from New York?

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I disagree... with Imran I feel Pak-India relations will further deteriorate. Keep in mind Nawaz Sharif is the most pro-India PM in our history, he has not said even one word against India in his tenure. Even invited Modi to his granddaughters wedding.

Imran won't be like that. Imran will say it as it is and won't mince his words - whether India likes it or not. This will obviously lead to a war of words and further erosion of ties between the sides. Modi is very anti-Pakistan and from what you guys tell us he is set to be re-elected in 2019 with even more seats.
    This is one of the main thing I liked about Nawaz Sharif. One of the reason many Punjabi business class and whole eco system likes NS for 3 decades, is that he is pro business. Nawaz wanted to have business and trade relationship with India, Army has cut him in half twice for that... Most Pakistanis are brained washed by Army propaganda, its not like this propaganda is spread in open and free environment, most of it is spread through heavy military hand, lot of money, that ironically come form foreign sources(US, SA, now China, who all never wanted to deal with public opinion, Army is making life easy for them, like all those Arab dictators. It is much easier for foreigners to manipulate when they things happen behind the scene). This is a policy matter that should be in hand of politicians and debated in public, not something decided by Army

Imran Khan will be largely Army obedient servant, atleast in the first few years. He has not taken one policy stand that is not inline with Military establishment. This is not the sign of revolutionary leader, but rather more of the same of gazillion of Muslim Leagues we have seen in 100+ years, who were always in bed with establishment :

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Can I vote from New York?
    If you have a NICOP card and they actually implement overseas voting, which probably won't happen once again.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was watching a survey video of NA-128 of Lahore, in 2013 the Noon guy won with around 114,000 votes. Most of those surveyed said they will still vote for Noon league. At the end of the video they showed a statistic that of all those asked, 41% said they will vote for Noon and 33% said PTI. You can search for that video on Youtube "RTI TV". Some respondents said that Nawaz is clean and all these cases against him are fake. Some accepted he is corrupt but still the best option. Others said they will still vote for him even if he is in jail - height of personality worship.

The results seem about right. Very hard for PTI to win from areas like Lahore or Faisalabad. Best bet is KPK, Karachi, Northern and Southern Punjab.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching a survey video of NA-128 of Lahore, in 2013 the Noon guy won with around 114,000 votes. Most of those surveyed said they will still vote for Noon league. At the end of the video they showed a statistic that of all those asked, 41% said they will vote for Noon and 33% said PTI. You can search for that video on Youtube "RTI TV". Some respondents said that Nawaz is clean and all these cases against him are fake. Some accepted he is corrupt but still the best option. Others said they will still vote for him even if he is in jail - height of personality worship.

The results seem about right. Very hard for PTI to win from areas like Lahore or Faisalabad. Best bet is KPK, Karachi, Northern and Southern Punjab.
    900 khata he to 100 lagata be to he mindset. Still i think PTI can do good in lahore where they already have one mna and 4/5 sitting mpa. Aleem khan by election was also neck and neck and dr yasmeen wasn't bad too. Pmln won 2 mna seats because of rigging ayaz sadiq, khawaja saad. How can Irman Khan lose to Ayaz Sadiq in GE when Aleem Khan in a by election had neck and neck fight with same guy with all the govt resources in hand?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed2015 View Post
    My personal current estimates would be something like this:

PML(N): 90-100
    PTI:50-60
    PPP:30-40

Though with the imminent conviction of NS and a potential exodus of electables from N-League things may change a lot.
    After having watched Habib Akrams recent survey from Lahore im gonna stick with this prediction for now. PMLNs votebank doesnt seem to have taken much of a hit. People seemed quite happy with their roads and flyovers.

I know gauging the complete election result by one survey from one constituency isnt very smart but while watching the survey one could easily identify the type of people that are supporting PMLN and PTI. While most PMLN looked like uneducated labourers (not trying to generalize all PMLN supporters here) the bulk of the PTI supporters looked more like educated people who were able to explain there reason of voting PTI in detail. Now considering the fact the former type of people are in the majority and no further electable seems to be leaving PMLN i think its save to say PMLN is gonna go as favourites into the next elections, unless something big is happening.
    Last edited by Syed2015; 23rd April 2018 at 19:23.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This means this is going to be tough for Noon leak even in Lahore, despite all the development work being done there over past decade.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be much closer than last time in Punjab. However, PML N will take it once again, since Shehbaz Sharif will come to the fore (who has actually done some work in Lahore over the years) and use his CV to build on the vote bank.

Proud Fan of FC Barcelona and Pakistan Cricket Team

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This means this is going to be tough for Noon leak even in Lahore, despite all the development work being done there over past decade.
    Aray nahi yaar... PTI will give them a run for their money. Will even reduce margin, but at the end Noon will win, unfortunately. That is all that matters.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If N league are not going to win some seats in Lahore then what are they going to win then?

It is premature to say that N league will win the next elections.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    After having watched Habib Akrams recent survey from Lahore im gonna stick with this prediction for now. PMLNs votebank doesnt seem to have taken much of a hit. People seemed quite happy with their roads and flyovers.

I know gauging the complete election result by one survey from one constituency isnt very smart but while watching the survey one could easily identify the type of people that are supporting PMLN and PTI. While most PMLN looked like uneducated labourers (not trying to generalize all PMLN supporters here) the bulk of the PTI supporters looked more like educated people who were able to explain there reason of voting PTI in detail. Now considering the fact the former type of people are in the majority and no further electable seems to be leaving PMLN i think its save to say PMLN is gonna go as favourites into the next elections, unless something big is happening.
    Central Punjab, Lahore, and Faisalabad are gonna be won by PML-N for sure, but the rest of their votebank (South and North Punjab) have been severely dented. PTI will most likely emerge as the largest party, but I have a deeling PML-N and PPP will form government together to keep PTI out.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If N league are not going to win some seats in Lahore then what are they going to win then?

It is premature to say that N league will win the next elections.
    Their fortress is Gujranwala and Faisalabad. Their vote bank in Lahore was already dented in 2013 and than again we saw the results in by elections

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I actually went through each and every NA seat, and it appears that PTI have taken on board many people who got a close second place all over Punjab. I don't see PML-N winning seats from South Punjab, South Punjab is going to be more between PTI and PPP, and PTI has the edge there. North Punjab is also leaning towards PTI very heavily. PML-N won't get more than 80 seats, and a large share of those seat will be from central Punjab.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naya Pakistan coming

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is really interesting ...

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

41% vs 33% doesn't seem too bad considering PMLN has spent billions on Lahore. Although you can't defeat the mentality of "Kuch khata hai tou lagata bhi hai" but it is still possible if Imran runs fierce campaign educating people how the corruption impacts their lives and development is NOT about roads and gutters.
    I think the constituency you are talking about is NA129 where PTI candidate will be Waleed Iqbal (grandson of great Allama Iqbal).
    Also, people are starting to believe that Imran Khan has a chance to win which will encourage them to actually vote (and not just support) Imran Khan.

Imran Khan is moving to his Zaman Park house in Lahore leaving Islamabad which means he plans to spend much more time in Lahore, will be great for campaign.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can guess response of most people before they even name a party. PTI supporters mostly start with "Awaam main shaoor (awareness) nahi, education, health etc whereas PMLN supporters mostly talk about local roads and gutters.

One thing i NEVER understood, almost everyone says "Saara kaam tou Noon league hi karti hai", no anchors asks them who has been ruling Punjab for a decade now so how do they expect anyone other than PMLN to do work? How do you know PTI can't do any better?

Imran Khan must run a campaign to counter "Nawaz Sharif khata hai tou lagata bhi hai" and "PMLN hi kaam karti hai", these are 2 extremely lame but most common excuses.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing I noted is that many people are waiting for the accountability court judgement before deciding on who to vote, I think that is a bigger concern for Sharifs right now than the elections themselves.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Habib Akram went to Pano Aqil (a part of Sukkur) and did a survey of the people's mood. This is the constituency from where the leader of the opposition was elected. The result of the survey was very surprising for me.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 888
Size:  27.7 KB

You might say what is surprising, PPP is favourite by an overwhelming majority, BUT PTI is placed at second number with 19% support and is a lot more popular than other established parties like Noon, Functional and JUI.

The results become even more surprising when you look at the results of the 2013 elections where PTI didn't even manage 1300 votes.

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  48.9 KB

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also there are many programs posted by obscure TV channels which do public surveys, I don't have the time to watch them all but I can list the youtube channels if people want.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that PTI loses this election. Their senators sold their votes like every other party. They are taking those people into their party who are rotten to their core and are part of the system that has constantly disappointed the general public. CJ have exposed their performance in KP. And please don’t label me as a noora because I don’t like PML-N for different reasons. I hope that a religious party form an alliance and form a coalition government just so that our society loses its romantic notion of pious leaders with big beards and bigger bellies. I hope Khadim Rizvi becomes our prime minister so that we will get to know how a true Islamic state can properly function as a utopia and as a model of enlightenment.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrez Pakistani View Post
    I hope that PTI loses this election. Their senators sold their votes like every other party. They are taking those people into their party who are rotten to their core and are part of the system that has constantly disappointed the general public. CJ have exposed their performance in KP. And please don’t label me as a noora because I don’t like PML-N for different reasons. I hope that a religious party form an alliance and form a coalition government just so that our society loses its romantic notion of pious leaders with big beards and bigger bellies. I hope Khadim Rizvi becomes our prime minister so that we will get to know how a true Islamic state can properly function as a utopia and as a model of enlightenment.

Khadim Rizvi as PM

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khadim Rizvi as PM
    On a more serious note, I’m predicting JI to win in KPK, PPP in Sindh and Balochistan, MQM-P in Karachi, PML-N in Northern and Central Punjab, PTI and PML-N strongly competing in Southern Punjab, and PPP, JI and PTI forming a coalition government.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope you were being sarcastic but you have every right to vote for whoever but can you enlighten me what Khadim Rizvi's policies are? Last time someone asked him what his solution to economic problems is, he said "Miracles" which is most ridiculous response to a very serious question.
    I hope Khadim Rizvi's politics ends before it even starts as we can do much better without such people who spread nothing but hatred.

Also, your comments PTI senators selling their votes are quite amusing! It was MPAs who sold their votes to PPP senators.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    Also there are many programs posted by obscure TV channels which do public surveys, I don't have the time to watch them all but I can list the youtube channels if people want.
    Which channels?

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Habib Akram went to Pano Aqil (a part of Sukkur) and did a survey of the people's mood. This is the constituency from where the leader of the opposition was elected. The result of the survey was very surprising for me.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 888
Size:  27.7 KB

You might say what is surprising, PPP is favourite by an overwhelming majority, BUT PTI is placed at second number with 19% support and is a lot more popular than other established parties like Noon, Functional and JUI.

The results become even more surprising when you look at the results of the 2013 elections where PTI didn't even manage 1300 votes.

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  48.9 KB
    Sindh right now is what Punjab was like last election, PTI coming second on almost every seat, and winning 2-3 seats. Expecting PTI to win from Tharparkar, Umerkot, and maybe a couple of seats in Urban interior Sindh.

It is mainly the younger generation supporting PTI.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 24th April 2018 at 03:07.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiGJmUlIjw

There are many other programs if you're willing to search for them enough by going to the videos page of each channel and scrolling down.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a more serious note, I’m predicting JI to win in KPK, PPP in Sindh and Balochistan, MQM-P in Karachi, PML-N in Northern and Central Punjab, PTI and PML-N strongly competing in Southern Punjab, and PPP, JI and PTI forming a coalition government.
    If JI wins in KPK the shame on US Kpk people.

140 characters from Lala's keyboard, it’s as if he’s launched 140 nuclear missiles on India.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I hope you were being sarcastic but you have every right to vote for whoever but can you enlighten me what Khadim Rizvi's policies are? Last time someone asked him what his solution to economic problems is, he said "Miracles" which is most ridiculous response to a very serious question.
    I hope Khadim Rizvi's politics ends before it even starts as we can do much better without such people who spread nothing but hatred.

Also, your comments PTI senators selling their votes are quite amusing! It was MPAs who sold their votes to PPP senators.
    All I was insinuating was that people like Khadim Rizvi exist in every nook and cranny of our society. People are being taught to hate Hindus in school through Pakistan Studies books in the name of two nation theory. People being taught to hate the people of other faiths and are being told that the rest of the work is our enemy and it is on to us to fight against them. We are being constantly divided on the lines of our race, language, culture and ethnicities. So it only makes sense for the people to vote for someone like Khadim Rizvi who is the perfect embodiment of our society’s collective failure.
    As far as PTI’s MPAs, instead of their senators, selling their votes is concerned, what difference does it make to make a distinction. The fact still remains that the politicians belonging from PTI sold their votes, that too to the PPP candidate.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    If JI wins in KPK the shame on US Kpk people.
    It’s just that the people of KPK don’t re-elect the incumbent government very often, so the next strong candidate is the JI alliance. I can also be wrong but this is how I see the electoral pattern.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just that the people of KPK don’t re-elect the incumbent government very often, so the next strong candidate is the JI alliance. I can also be wrong but this is how I see the electoral pattern.
    That alliance is mostly JUIF and JI is not that strong in KP like JUIF. So even if that alliance wins mostly JUIF will form the goverment with 2 or 3 JI ministers like back in 2002.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That alliance is mostly JUIF and JI is not that strong in KP like JUIF. So even if that alliance wins mostly JUIF will form the goverment with 2 or 3 JI ministers like back in 2002.
    But JI is still part of that alliance.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But JI is still part of that alliance.
    Yea but JUIF is the major share holder in that alliance not JI they are not EVEN in the top 5 parties of KP right now they are as follow PTI > ANP > JUIF > PMLN > QWP/PPP

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unconfirmed information from the ground:

PTI Candidates

NA-247 - Imran Khan
    PS - 101/102 - Arsalan Ghumman/Alamgir Khan

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PTI Candidates

NA-247 - Imran Khan
    Alamgir Khan the Fixit guy?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Alamgir Khan the Fixit guy?
    Yeah, the Fixit guy.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PTI Candidates

NA-243- Imran Khan
    Correction

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Fixit guy.
    He deserved it he is one of those old workers standing with IK from years

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    39% people think Dr Alvi of PTI will again win his seat. Shocked to see MQM at number 3?

PTI are in serious danger of losing this seat, they are much safer in the Karachi East seats.

The issue is that PTI councillors were elected from DHA and Clifton, and PPP councillors were elected from places like Kalapul, Railway Colony, Hazara Colony, Dehli Colony, etc.

PPP councillors have done a lot of work in their areas, while PTI councillors did nothing special. DHA and Clifton voters will stick with PTI, but the part of the constituency outside of those two areas are turning against PTI, and it shows in this poll. On top of that, PTI have not really started campaigning heavily enough in Karachi, and PPP have take advantage of MQM's weakness before PTI. Again, cracks showing in PTIs campaign due to a very heavy focus on Punjab. They need to try and divert some more attention to Karachi as there are a good 20 seats there.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shocked to see MQM at number 3?
    Believe it or not, there are very large parts of Karachi where MQM are completely dead.

They are not going to win a single seat in District East or District South. PSP are strong in Korangi and parts of Malir, PPP are strong in District South, parts of Malir, and parts of District West. PTI are very strong in district East, and parts of District South, and they have decent support in all other districts.

Only real MQM space left is District Central, but even there, PTI are really challenging MQM, and I won't be surprised if PTI actually wins from Azizabad.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI are in serious danger of losing this seat, they are much safer in the Karachi East seats.

The issue is that PTI councillors were elected from DHA and Clifton, and PPP councillors were elected from places like Kalapul, Railway Colony, Hazara Colony, Dehli Colony, etc.

PPP councillors have done a lot of work in their areas, while PTI councillors did nothing special. DHA and Clifton voters will stick with PTI, but the part of the constituency outside of those two areas are turning against PTI, and it shows in this poll. On top of that, PTI have not really started campaigning heavily enough in Karachi, and PPP have take advantage of MQM's weakness before PTI. Again, cracks showing in PTIs campaign due to a very heavy focus on Punjab. They need to try and divert some more attention to Karachi as there are a good 20 seats there.
    PTI Karachi leadership is really useless there is a reason people call them selfie group of PTI. Khurram Sherzaman was the only positive from PTI Karachi

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe it or not, there are very large parts of Karachi where MQM are completely dead.

They are not going to win a single seat in District East or District South. PSP are strong in Korangi and parts of Malir, PPP are strong in District South, parts of Malir, and parts of District West. PTI are very strong in district East, and parts of District South, and they have decent support in all other districts.

Only real MQM space left is District Central, but even there, PTI are really challenging MQM, and I won't be surprised if PTI actually wins from Azizabad.
    Now that's an interesting situation and is there any seat left where Haqeeqi can show any fight? Isn't Azizabad the same constituency where by election was held and Imran ismail was the candidate from PTI?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PTI Karachi leadership is really useless there is a reason people call them selfie group of PTI. Khurram Sherzaman was the only positive from PTI Karachi
    I am in direct contact with Karachi leadership, and I would say it is a mixed bag. There are some really great people in there, but there are parts of it that are very slow to act. I can give them some leeway due to the fact that MQM was a militant group until recently, and things have changed drastically in the last year. But I really think that they need to get a move on, and organize themselves much better.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Now that's an interesting situation and is there any seat left where Haqeeqi can show any fight? Isn't Azizabad the same constituency where by election was held and Imran ismail was the candidate from PTI?
    Don't think Haqeeqi can show any fight, MQM voters are largely switching to PTI, PPP, or PSP. Mostly PTI.

Things have changed a lot in just one year, many MQM workers have switched to PTI because they don't have any fear anymore. These people have run MQM campaigns in the past, and now how to work on the ground in Karachi, and bring voters in.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think Haqeeqi can show any fight, MQM voters are largely switching to PTI, PPP, or PSP. Mostly PTI.

Things have changed a lot in just one year, many MQM workers have switched to PTI because they don't have any fear anymore. These people have run MQM campaigns in the past, and now how to work on the ground in Karachi, and bring voters in.
    True these MQM workers can be assets they know the ground realities and have been working on ground for decades. PTI should make sure to get full output from them that will lead to wonders for PTI.