Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which will be the top party after the upcoming general elections?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • PML-N

4 4.35%
  • PTI

85 92.39%
  • PPP

1 1.09%
  • Other

2 2.17%
Page 4 of 156 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One MPA from QWP and one MPA from PML-Q join the PTI. Things looking good!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    One MPA from QWP and one MPA from PML-Q join the PTI. Things looking good!
    More and more wickets falling every day. At this rate, there won't be an opposition.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    He will run on a PS in Gulshan seat I think, not NA seat. Looking very strong, PTI will most likely sweep all the NA and PS seats in District East.
    if this happens it will be a great day in the history of Karachi..its been so long since the city has seen a time when the MQM didnt dominate..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    More and more wickets falling every day. At this rate, there won't be an opposition.
    I think we shouldnt count our chickens just yet...even if IK wins the election, he will have to wheel and deal with the independants and other dodgy electables..Also dont discount other outside powers eager to sow discord during elections and cause problems for the country..

I just want to see one thing before we all pop our clogs and thats IK taking the oath of office..cmon just once..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    if this happens it will be a great day in the history of Karachi..its been so long since the city has seen a time when the MQM didnt dominate..
    I'm not a fan or follower of MQM but I do realize they are a necessary evil. PPP has been ruling the city for the last 10 years and they have tried their best to turn it into Larkhana. These waderas can only loot and plunder or kidnap and rape. I do hope PTI wins from the city and gives us relief from both PPP and MQM.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    There are 5 NA seats in Sialkot? Is PTI in the position to win 3 of them at least?
    Alot depends upon ticket allocations. To give you an idea, Dar likely to win from City constituency and PTI is more strong in rural areas so can't discount rural Constituencies. Ticket allocation will be the key.

I still believe that PTI will sort out seat adjustment with PMLq in 3-4 Constituencies across Gjw division.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I'm not a fan or follower of MQM but I do realize they are a necessary evil. PPP has been ruling the city for the last 10 years and they have tried their best to turn it into Larkhana. These waderas can only loot and plunder or kidnap and rape. I do hope PTI wins from the city and gives us relief from both PPP and MQM.
    TBH i havent been to Karachi since 1989..all I know is what I read and see on the tv or internet..etc..
    I still remember the days going to school and living in fear, worried we may not come back in one piece..and these were the days before the MQM had fully taken over Gulshan-e-Iqbal..

Just wish that the old karachi would come back..maybe i'll visit again then..

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Alot depends upon ticket allocations. To give you an idea, Dar likely to win from City constituency and PTI is more strong in rural areas so can't discount rural Constituencies. Ticket allocation will be the key.

I still believe that PTI will sort out seat adjustment with PMLq in 3-4 Constituencies across Gjw division.
    Yea PMLN is too strong in Gjw so PTI will have to take make strong decision there

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post

which rural constituencies are the PTI strong in? I think this election could well see the PMLN become a very insignificant party...The only way they can regain their voting power is for all the Muslim league factions to unite..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    which rural constituencies are the PTI strong in? I think this election could well see the PMLN become a very insignificant party...The only way they can regain their voting power is for all the Muslim league factions to unite..
    That would at max make them lose 10 less seats, they would still be in a dire position. I don't see all the factions united in any case though.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the good old muhajir card is back!

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes that is so unfortunate, saw photos of some other big banners across Karachi as well, this is the reason i disagree with PTM as well when they give ethnic angle to an issue which has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Unfortunately in Karachi we are having to focus on countering this narrative rather than campaign on actual issues. More than half our conversations revolve around "why Muhajir's should trust Imran Khan".

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the jahalat in this video guys phr kehte hen yahan roads and metros more important hen education nae

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Apparently Zafar Ali Shah is joining PTI.

Huge news if true, another seat from Sindh.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys watch Asad Umar speech in parliament today...... man even if IK doesn't become PM we need to get this guy in the finance ministry by hook or by crook.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently Zafar Ali Shah is joining PTI.

Huge news if true, another seat from Sindh.
    Wait a minute the current CM Sindh belongs to PML?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are 2008 results he is an old man and was first elected as MPA back in 1962 yeh to Qayam Ali Shah se be purana he!

http://www.electionpakistani.com/ge2008/NA-212.htm

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No, PPP. The above image is wrong probably.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys watch Asad Umar speech in parliament today...... man even if IK doesn't become PM we need to get this guy in the finance ministry by hook or by crook.
    any link?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    No, PPP. The above image is wrong probably.
    Image is correct but from 2008 Elections when Murad Ali Shah was in PMLQ http://www.electionpakistani.com/ge2008/NA-212.htm

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    any link?

It's long but very informative. We need more parliamentarians like this and not "kuch haya hoti hai kuch sharam hoti hai"

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's long but very informative. We need more parliamentarians like this and not "kuch haya hoti hai kuch sharam hoti hai"
    Thanks for sharing buddy will watch it

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PML-N MNA Raza Hayat joins the PTI.Great!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing buddy will watch it
    Do you think any Nooras understood his explanations?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Brilliant speech! He needs to be our finance minister, the man is a genius. I really want him to lead PTI after Imran Khan leads, not Shah Mehmood Qureshi.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    havnt really followed pak politics for a while now but i know he is quite highly regarded, can you tell me some of his policies he wants to implement as finance minister

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, what a speech by Asad Umar.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mozi2003 View Post
    Damn, what a speech by Asad Umar.
    I hope when Imran comes to power he really implements the plan where PM and all ministers have to come to parliament and answer questions every couple of weeks. IK has talked about such a plan, I hope he goes onto implement it.

We need guys like Asad Umar in government AND opposition, only then Pak can progress.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PTI in the lead in NA-15 Havelian.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Numbers decreasing in PMLN jaldas every day. Their Jehlum jalsa today was a big flop and even Mansehra yesterday wasn't anything special. Guess what both of these cities used to be fortress of PMLN

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Numbers decreasing in PMLN jaldas every day. Their Jehlum jalsa today was a big flop and even Mansehra yesterday wasn't anything special. Guess what both of these cities used to be fortress of PMLN
    Yaar aisi baatien ap karke mughay kuch zayda hi khush kardehtay hain aur mein mustaqbil ke sohanay khuwaab dekhnay lagta hoon....

"dil garden garden sa horiyaa hai"

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaar aisi baatien ap karke mughay kuch zayda hi khush kardehtay hain aur mein mustaqbil ke sohanay khuwaab dekhnay lagta hoon....

"dil garden garden sa horiyaa hai"
    Garden garden hone do bhai dil ko. Humara bhai Fawad Ch is dafa paqi seat nikaalega yahan se! even in by elections he competed really well on PTI ticket from Jehlum. Find today videos of PMLN jalsa in Jehlum and dil khush hojana he apka

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the video of PMLN jaldi in Jehlum today Jalsa itne hours delay kya phe be lgo arrange nae hue

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We shouldn't get out hopes too high based on their jalsas though, they have never really been an enthusiastic jalsa party.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Really rough night for Karachi workers last night ....

Imran Khan is meant to be holding a Jalsa in Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Saturday, and PTI got the NOC from Sindh police. PPP came along, forged an NOC and dated it before PTI got their NOC, and now are demanding that PTI leave the ground because PPP are holding a jalsa there, and made arrangements first.

PTI workers did not move, and the result is that PPP workers hurled stones at PTI workers, beat them up, and destroyed and burned everything down. Many workers are hurt and injured. Sindh police also got involved, and sided with PPP.

PPP are using these tactics to portray PTI as violent, and the new MQM. The media is reporting it as if it's PTIs fault, but it's all lies.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 8th May 2018 at 00:37.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We shouldn't get out hopes too high based on their jalsas though, they have never really been an enthusiastic jalsa party.
    True but their 2013 jalsas were bigger.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So PPP will now use layaris gangs against PTI and MQM in Karachi to gaain ground? Pathetic really pathetic by PPP

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    True but their 2013 jalsas were bigger.
    That can indicate less support, but it could also indicate less enthusiasm among the PML-N votebank. We need to remember that they are already in power, so their votebank probably are not as enthusiastic. Last election, it was Nawaz Sharif's first election after returning to Pakistan, it created a wave of excitement in his votebank.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So PPP will now use layaris gangs against PTI and MQM in Karachi to gaain ground? Pathetic really pathetic by PPP
    The worst thing is that it's working. MQM is losing support, but not all those votes are going to PTI. A really large amount of people, especially in lower class areas, are now in the PPP camp. Dr Arif Alvi's seat is definitely not safe anymore.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That can indicate less support, but it could also indicate less enthusiasm among the PML-N votebank. We need to remember that they are already in power, so their votebank probably are not as enthusiastic. Last election, it was Nawaz Sharif's first election after returning to Pakistan, it created a wave of excitement in his votebank.
    Yea we will get a clear picture after Eid when they will be out of govt

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst thing is that it's working. MQM is losing support, but not all those votes are going to PTI. A really large amount of people, especially in lower class areas, are now in the PPP camp. Dr Arif Alvi's seat is definitely not safe anymore.
    Isn't this ground in same area from where IK will stand? I hear PTI isn't that strong here

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Isn't this ground in same area from where IK will stand? I hear PTI isn't that strong here
    Yeah, he will stand there.

PTI is very strong there, almost a certain win for PTI. PTI got 60000+ votes from there last time, and are even stronger now. PTI would probably win there even if Imran Khan does stand from that seat, it's a mainly middle class, more educated area.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Breaking news: Biggest boost for PTI till date, Janoobi Sooba Mahaz to merge in PTI after Imran Khan announced support for creation of separate South Punjab province.

This will ensure additional 20-30 NA and 40-50 MPA seats for PTI.

More people will join seeing such a large group merging and also to take credit of creating the new province.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Breaking news: Biggest boost for PTI till date, Janoobi Sooba Mahaz to merge in PTI after Imran Khan announced support for creation of separate South Punjab province.

This will ensure additional 20-30 NA and 40-50 MPA seats for PTI.

More people will join seeing such a large group merging and also to take credit of creating the new province.
    This news is groundbreaking, may have just sealed PTI the election mostly ....

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some more breaking news, tweeted from Jahangir Tareen's team leader's account ....

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janubi Subah Mahaza merging in PTI? final decision tomorrow if it happens tHis is a big big big news guys!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What is the point if all the thugs from the other parties join PTI? Same wine in a new bottle.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    What is the point if all the thugs from the other parties join PTI? Same wine in a new bottle.
    Because PTI tried new faces in 2013 and it backfired badly in 2013 all over Pakistan only KP voted for fresh faces. Punjab and Sindh loves electables and they never vote for fresh faces (going by their history) so PTI and IK finally came to their senses and changes the policy after 2013. If majority of people want electables there is no choice left but to accept electables. Party vote alone can't win you seats in Punjab and Sindh so you need to combine it with electables votebank.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Because PTI tried new faces in 2013 and it backfired badly in 2013 all over Pakistan only KP voted for fresh faces. Punjab and Sindh loves electables and they never vote for fresh faces (going by their history) so PTI and IK finally came to their senses and changes the policy after 2013. If majority of people want electables there is no choice left but to accept electables. Party vote alone can't win you seats in Punjab and Sindh so you need to combine it with electables votebank.
    Sure, that will win Imran Khan the election, but what then? I highly doubt these electables are a paragon of integrity and honesty, so they will most likely eat the party out from the inside when in power.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Sure, that will win Imran Khan the election, but what then? I highly doubt these electables are a paragon of integrity and honesty, so they will most likely eat the party out from the inside when in power.
    True but i have more hopes from IK with electables than Nawaz Shareef with electables because if the head is clean he will at least resist and not surrender to the demands of electables like corrupt Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. (IK showed it already in KP where he kicked out hsi own party MPs)

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imran Khan is meant to be holding a Jalsa in Gulshan-e-Iqbal on Saturday, and PTI got the NOC from Sindh police. PPP came along, forged an NOC and dated it before PTI got their NOC, and now are demanding that PTI leave the ground because PPP are holding a jalsa there, and made arrangements first.

PTI workers did not move, and the result is that PPP workers hurled stones at PTI workers, beat them up, and destroyed and burned everything down. Many workers are hurt and injured. Sindh police also got involved, and sided with PPP.

PPP are using these tactics to portray PTI as violent, and the new MQM. The media is reporting it as if it's PTIs fault, but it's all lies.
    Loool what a joke, its the other way round, Saeed Ghani's twitter has videos of PPP workers getting stones hurled at by PTI supporters... Its as if PTI is the only one who is the victim if you join the Pakpassion social media page

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by DeadBall; 8th May 2018 at 11:35.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True but i have more hopes from IK with electables than Nawaz Shareef with electables because if the head is clean he will at least resist and not surrender to the demands of electables like corrupt Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. (IK showed it already in KP where he kicked out hsi own party MPs)
    Just like the example of what IK did in KPK is everyone to see... What do you mean by corruption exactly? The man has never held office, so you can't have it both ways. If the man is not corrupt, then that is because he has never held office.

Corruption is not by one person, it is institutional and it is the performance of these institutions that define the perofrmance of the government. How can you say Khan is not corrupt when the province and his Chief Minister has every allegation of corruption against him levelled in his province? What did he do in this regard? Is corruption only when your party members want to join the opposition? Is it not corruption when you bribe the same politicians to join your party?

KPK performance is poor and the result is Peshawar doesn't even have clean water and hospitals that function. Evidence is Chief Justice's comments on visiting Peshwar which show nothing has been done in KPK in this regard. Not only that the youth of that specific province feels sidelined and argues of basic human right violations...

You can have your own opinion about corruption, but the truth is corruption is not only when one person is in power and he influences others beliefs and motives... Imran is not going to go into everyday's day to day lives and hold their hands personally from taking money from others... that is a false concept, the only way corruption is controlled is when laws are implemented and followed by the people.. it is not selective and not used only against the ruling party... It should be applicable to everyone across the board, currently that doesnot seem to be the case.
    THe band of crooks remain the same.. and I haven't heard of one politician that appears to be a law abiding citizen... never heard of it
    Last edited by waleed88; 8th May 2018 at 11:40.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously doubt Habib Akram's surveys now after this result there is no way PTI can be this much popular in Mansehra the fortress of PMLN and the seat of capt safdar!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to reports 25 and 26 July are suggested as election date in ECP.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I seriously doubt Habib Akram's surveys now after this result there is no way PTI can be this much popular in Mansehra the fortress of PMLN and the seat of capt safdar!

Yaar keep in mind Habib Akram's surveys are just a picture of the people he talks too and does not represent the general population.

For starters he hardly ever talks to women, or people of middle class etc. Most of his participants are shop keepers and folks roaming around in markets.

The majority may hold the same view or may completely differ, so we cannot take these surveys as a guaranteed victory for PTI in that seat.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaar keep in mind Habib Akram's surveys are just a picture of the people he talks too and does not represent the general population.

For starters he hardly ever talks to women, or people of middle class etc. Most of his participants are shop keepers and folks roaming around in markets.

The majority may hold the same view or may completely differ, so we cannot take these surveys as a guaranteed victory for PTI in that seat.
    True

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Encouraging news if the likes of shopkeepers and the average guy on the street is gunning for Imran Khan. Considering that the women and middle class folks you speak of are probably already in his camp...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI soft and burger supporters 7 years ago back in 2011 I really believe 2014 Dherna was the turning point of PTI where they learned all the dirty tricks thanks to the state machinery used against them and they were made battle hardened. @Syed1 @Waseem

Last edited by Mian; 8th May 2018 at 14:58.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PTI soft and burger supporters 7 years ago back in 2011 I really believe 2014 Dherna was the turning point of PTI where they learned all the dirty tricks thanks to the state machinery used against them and they were made battle hardened. @Syed1 @Waseem

Yeh boy buhat famous howa tha

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Janoobi Suba Mahaz joining PTI pretty much guarantees about 15-20 seats. I think PTI might just break the 100 barrier. Then they need about 35 seats from somewhere else. Maybe MQM/PSP and FATA/Baluchistan independents, the issue is the greater number of coalition partners the greater number of compromises you have to make.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now thats a proper burger boy.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Janoobi Suba Mahaz joining PTI pretty much guarantees about 15-20 seats. I think PTI might just break the 100 barrier. Then they need about 35 seats from somewhere else. Maybe MQM/PSP and FATA/Baluchistan independents, the issue is the greater number of coalition partners the greater number of compromises you have to make.
    What are the chances of BAP (new balochistan party) merging into PTI? that can increase the chances even further!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Now thats a proper burger boy.
    See from where we started as a party when we were called burgers and jokes were made about this tanga party of burger kids and look at us now!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See from where we started as a party when we were called burgers and jokes were made about this tanga party of burger kids and look at us now!
    I started supporting Imran in 2007. Obviously he had many other qualities but I was most impressed by his courage. He used to speak against Altaf Hussain in talkshows when no one(even retired generals) used to dare speak his name without adding bhai as suffix. I used to believe that a man like him can never be our PM and here he is after 10 years looking all set to achieve the impossible.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    I started supporting Imran in 2007. Obviously he had many other qualities but I was most impressed by his courage. He used to speak against Altaf Hussain in talkshows when no one(even retired generals) used to dare speak his name without adding bhai as suffix. I used to believe that a man like him can never be our PM and here he is after 10 years looking all set to achieve the impossible.
    My support also started against him when he started speaking openly against the sitting dictator Mush and the mafia head Altaf everyone else was so afraid in those days

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances of BAP (new balochistan party) merging into PTI? that can increase the chances even further!
    As of now BAP isn't registered with ECP as a party (so technically they cannot contest elections). Might be that they join PTI in the coming days?

But if they register, then they will contest as BAP but might come into the ruling coalition if PTI bags enough seats.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a concept of swing voters in elections - people who are not ideological voters but vote either on performance or lack thereof. PTI has done a lot of institutional reforms in their 5 years, reforms that impact people in their daily lives more than a carpeted road or metro bus ever will. So, in my opinion, this lead of PTI is no surprise.

Further still, this Mansehra constituency cannot be determined as a fortress of PMLN. It includes Torghar district as well which is traditionally more inclined towards Islamists. In 2002 and 2008 elections, MMA won the elections from here. Another interesting thing is that Torghar is the only Pashtophone-majority district in the entire Hazara region (at 94%). And PMLN traditionally derives its support in this belt from Hazarwals.

So, a PTI win here shouldn't be deemed as improbable as long as MMA-PMLN don't enter into a seat adjustment agreement here.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of Habib Akram's survey results so far compiled.
    Can you please share the link to the NA-247 survey?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know who is right here but Karachi leadership of PTI is a bunch of amateurs. The likes of Ali Zaidi, Faisal Vada, Imran Ismael lack poise and caliber that is needed for politics in this great city. Heard Ali's presser last night, it was very unconvincing and overly emotional.
    Asad Umar, Arif Alvi and even Amir Liaqat should come at the forefront who at least speak better in public.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    I don't know who is right here but Karachi leadership of PTI is a bunch of amateurs. The likes of Ali Zaidi, Faisal Vada, Imran Ismael lack poise and caliber that is needed for politics in this great city. Heard Ali's presser last night, it was very unconvincing and overly emotional.
    Asad Umar, Arif Alvi and even Amir Liaqat should come at the forefront who at least speak better in public.
    Personally, I don't think there is much chance for PTI in Karachi. They have completed neglected the city and have focused on Punjab and, particularly, Lahore.

The result speaks in this comprehensive survey in Karachi:

PTI is nowhere in the running. Granted that there is a lot of undecided vote, but they are behind MQM-P, PSP, PPP, and barely ahead of MQM-London (FP) and PMLN. For a party, that was the second largest in Karachi in the last elections and challenged established bastions of Lyari and Azizabad, this is a severe regression, to say the least.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan_from_soon View Post
    Personally, I don't think there is much chance for PTI in Karachi. They have completed neglected the city and have focused on Punjab and, particularly, Lahore.

The result speaks in this comprehensive survey in Karachi:

PTI is nowhere in the running. Granted that there is a lot of undecided vote, but they are behind MQM-P, PSP, PPP, and barely ahead of MQM-London (FP) and PMLN. For a party, that was the second largest in Karachi in the last elections and challenged established bastions of Lyari and Azizabad, this is a severe regression, to say the least.
    Although this is not a recent poll yet the PTI does not seem to have enough support there. But @hussain.r97 sahib thinks PTI can win 5-6 seats from Karachi.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PTI have not focused on Lahore either. Actually PTI's politics is based upon national narrative and not local dynamics.
    Frankly, when speaking in Lahore Imran complains about half of Punjab's development budget being spent on Lahore, it makes him look like a fool.
    People here know my admiration for IK but sometimes he indeed makes a mess out of nothing.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although this is not a recent poll yet the PTI does not seem to have enough support there. But @hussain.r97 sahib thinks PTI can win 5-6 seats from Karachi.
    If he is a Karachite, he might speak from experience. But sitting here in Punjab, the situation in Karachi doesn't look as fruitful. MQM is an ethnic party, and Muhajirs will always vote for it in droves because it has polarized them. They don't believe any party can represent them as well.

The situation might be changing with the newer lot of educated people, but they are yet to outnumber the Urdu-speaking majority that is still in a daze of a party that exclusively belongs to them.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI have not focused on Lahore either. Actually PTI's politics is based upon national narrative and not local dynamics.
    Frankly, when speaking in Lahore Imran complains about half of Punjab's development budget being spent on Lahore, it makes him look like a fool.
    People here know my admiration for IK but sometimes he indeed makes a mess out of nothing.
    That national narrative is exactly what we need to get Pakistan out of the vice of ethnolinguistic politics. But people here are not yet mature enough to internalize a narrative speaking of Pakistan's issues rather than the immediate ones concerning their locality. But that's slowly changing as I see televised surveys.

So, I believe, if anyone can make Pakistan listen, it is Imran Khan. He should carry on doing such speeches even if they sounds counterintuitive in the current political scenario.
    Last edited by awan_from_soon; 8th May 2018 at 21:42.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *as I see in televised surveys

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    National narrative is what should be of significance for voters in general elections where as Street, gutter thing should be left to local elections and local governments. IK is right on that.

But i am talking about Imran's faux pas statements which regularly keep coming after every few months. I remember his severe criticism of Lahore Metro bus but now PTI government is also building this system though with better feasibility and analysis. Similarly, his umpire and civil disobedience gaffes during dharna caused a lot of mistrust from some segments. Now very recently, he claimed that army helped N league in winning 2013 elections of which he could provide no proof. Yes, i know he admitted that he did not know whether this was institutional support for Nawaz or from some individual within the army. I can think of few other blunders too.

The point is that he exposes himself sometimes in a reckless fashion. Although, relatively minor flaw in this scheme of things where other politicians have far greater vices yet it would be better if he avoids these non nonsensical statements. For example speaking in Dera Ghazi Khan about Punajb's half development budget being spent on Lahore would make greater sense than complaining about this thing to Lahore citizens who actually benefit from it.
    IMO, Imran Khan could have enjoyed far greater support.