Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which will be the top party after the upcoming general elections?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • PML-N

4 4.30%
  • PTI

86 92.47%
  • PPP

1 1.08%
  • Other

2 2.15%
Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan_from_soon View Post
    Chaudhries should go by the axiom enemy of my enemy is my friend. Will help them. Because there is an issue of PML-Q's viability as a political force as well. Why would people vote for a party that is reduced to a single district with no chance of going in government unless in a chancy coalition? I predict, if PMLQ doesn't make a seat adjustment with PTI, a lot of swing vote will go to PTI because they are the only party in Punjab, apart from PMLN, that have the chance of forming a government in the Center. PMLQ was decimated in 2013. Tough to recover from that.
    True they need to be in government to survive as a party and there are more chances of them standing with PTI or PPP than sitting with PMLN. Also i would love to see their leader Ajmal Wazir from FATA in PTI. He is a clean guy and a fresh face

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Style of Punjabi spoken is different in North Punjab too right? I mean if someone from Lahore speaks Punjabi I understand upto 80-90% of it, but I have a friend from Jehlum and he was talking to his folks on the phone in his native language and most of it was going over my head.
    Yea it's very different to what they speak in central punjab.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    The South Sooba movement guys in past wanted to add DI Khan and Mianwali too. Mianwali's Punjabi is heavily influenced by Seraiki or i will say it's a mixture of Punjabi+Seraiki not pure Punjabi and not Seraiki either
    One of my cousins married into a family from Mianwali and I asked bride's father this exact question. They said the areas bordering Bhakkar speak Seraiki, while as you move North towards the Chakwal side, it becomes closer and closer to the dialect of Punjabi spoken there. According to him, about 60% Mianwali speaks Punjabi, with the rest divided between Pashto and Seraiki.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea it's very different to what they speak in central punjab.
    Maybe a bit of influence with Kashmiri due to proximity... Its interesting how languages merge into each other over time due to proximity.... like Seraiki has plenty of Sindhi influence since it is spoken by people living right next to Sindh.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kya chal raha do any bean spilt today? @Mian

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Style of Punjabi spoken is different in North Punjab too right? I mean if someone from Lahore speaks Punjabi I understand upto 80-90% of it, but I have a friend from Jehlum and he was talking to his folks on the phone in his native language and most of it was going over my head.
    Not that much, lol. If you can understand 80-90% of the Majhi dialect then you can easily understand at least 60% of one of the dialects spoken in the Potohar region. However, there is an increasing influence of Kashmir/Dogri the further up the Potohar you go, but in the area of Jehlum, it should be that unintelligible.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my cousins married into a family from Mianwali and I asked bride's father this exact question. They said the areas bordering Bhakkar speak Seraiki, while as you move North towards the Chakwal side, it becomes closer and closer to the dialect of Punjabi spoken there. According to him, about 60% Mianwali speaks Punjabi, with the rest divided between Pashto and Seraiki.
    True and it's also bordered with Lucky Merwat and KP areas. Interestingly Mianwali is heavily influenced by Pathan culture too. Majority of Mianwali are Niazi and Niazis are Pathan by blood and look it's just that their language changed when their ancestors moved to this area from Pathan areas centuries ago. Even the area names in Mianwali are influenced by Pashto. Esah Khael, Musa Khael, Paai Khael, Shadi Khael, Daud Khael etc are all tehsils and areas of Mianwali and you will find similar names in FATA and KP like Dera Adam Khael

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Kya chal raha do any bean spilt today? @Mian
    Chitrol chal rae Noroe ki aap be jooti utar lo

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a bit of influence with Kashmiri due to proximity... Its interesting how languages merge into each other over time due to proximity.... like Seraiki has plenty of Sindhi influence since it is spoken by people living right next to Sindh.
    True and i love seraiki it's the sweetest language!

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True they need to be in government to survive as a party and there are more chances of them standing with PTI or PPP than sitting with PMLN. Also i would love to see their leader Ajmal Wazir from FATA in PTI. He is a clean guy and a fresh face
    PMLQ should just merge into PTI and call it a day.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True and i love seraiki it's the sweetest language!
    Particularly when sung by Esakhelvi sb. Speaking of him, I heard a while back that he is one of candidates in the running for a PTI ticket from Mianwali. No information since.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Particularly when sung by Esakhelvi sb. Speaking of him, I heard a while back that he is one of candidates in the running for a PTI ticket from Mianwali. No information since.
    Lala is a great man but i don't think he can win a NA/PA seat. At most he will win a UC because i know nature of people their they love to invite Singers on their Weddings but they will never vote for them. Lala will lose from his own Isakhel constituency because he is a self made man without any influential family background. To win in Mianwali you need to have the backing of tribes like Shadi Khael, Rokhris or the backing of Nawab of Kaala Bagh family.

Imran Khan won from NA-71 with 132k votes because he is a national leader and is from a well known family of Mianwali. Shadi Khel ended up losing and gained 72k votes but guess what when IK resigned from that seat to retain Rwp seat same Shadi Khael won the seat with 95k votes and PTI candidate ended up losing with 76k votes. A difference of 55k+ votes within a period of 1 month! (some people also showed their anger because they felt insulted that Imran resigned from home constituency to retain Rawalpindi seat).

Imran on the hand thought Peshawar and Mianwali seats will be easy to win again for any PTI candidate so he resigned from both and PTI lost both in by elections.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might offend a few Punjabis here but according to my observation, the Punjabi spoken in areas of Chakwal and Jehlum is the most purest and simplest form of Punjabi in Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great News from Chakwal guys! Sardar Ghulam Abbas left PMLN today and is expected to join PTI soon. He is the biggest electable from Chakwal District and influence all constituencies of Chakwal. In North Punjab the weakest district of PTI was Chakwal and with his expected joining results will be different. To give you an idea of his popularity although he lost the seat but still he as Ind got 1 lakh votes from NA-60 in GE2013. He made his votebank when he was District Nazim of Chakwal.
    Will he compete from NA 64 or NA 65 ?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Will he compete from NA 64 or NA 65 ?
    NA-64 (old NA-60). The interesting point about this constituency is the high number of votes and to give you an idea.

2013: Winner 129k, Runner up 100k, Number 3rd 47k

2008: Winner 125k, Runner up 91k

2002: Winner 72k, Runner up 70k, Number 3rd 41k

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naazreen Zameer jaagne ko utaavla hua chahta he! Sardar at least used a solid reason lol other a sitting MNA of PMLN from FATA left party yesterday because of the delayed PIA flight

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NA-64 (old NA-60). The interesting point about this constituency is the high number of votes and to give you an idea.

2013: Winner 129k, Runner up 100k, Number 3rd 47k

2008: Winner 125k, Runner up 91k

2002: Winner 72k, Runner up 70k, Number 3rd 41k
    Yes I remember if I am not wrong that Ayaz Ameer got elected from chakwal with highest number of votes ever in a single halqa. By the way my halqa is NA 65 this time. What are PTIs chances there ?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenstorm View Post
    Yes I remember if I am not wrong that Ayaz Ameer got elected from chakwal with highest number of votes ever in a single halqa. By the way my halqa is NA 65 this time. What are PTIs chances there ?
    Yea Ayaz Amir won there with 125k back in 2008 and also lost there by only a margin of 2k back in 2002. PTI is pretty weak in NA-65 but i heard Tammans are expected to join PTI that can turn the table there.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hardly a few hundred attendees to Nawaz Buner jalsa

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  82.4 KB

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly a few hundred attendees to Nawaz Buner jalsa

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 607
Size:  82.4 KB
    PTI had a massive jalsa there few months ago and sitting MNA of JI joined PTI from there

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Oh yes, I miscounted. I think I would add an extra seat to PPP from District West or Malir, taking them to 4 seats.
    Another question on Karachi.

I am a bit confused regarding the old and new constituencies.

Can you please tabulate old constituency number vs new constituency number for all Karachi districts except Malir and Korangi?

Thank you!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People like Naeem-ul-Haq should not come on TV to explain PTI's position.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If an anchor wants to hit PTI then he should invite Naeem-ul-Haq on his program.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could some one do a worse job than him? Mr. Naeem-ul-Haq

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    If an anchor wants to hit PTI then he should invite Naeem-ul-Haq on his program.
    True but not just him the list is long. For now Naeem, Shibli Faraz, Shehryar Afridi, Azam Swati and Abrar ul Haq should stay away from media.
    Last edited by Mian; 14th May 2018 at 22:41.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish PTI could clone Fawad Ch he is an assets as a spokesman and far better than all these useless bunch of clowns.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish PTI could clone Fawad Ch he is an assets as a spokesman and far better than all these useless bunch of clowns.
    Ali Muhammad Khan can present the PTI very effectively too

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm a little annoyed that a working day went by and not one ghairat-mand Pakistani put petition in SC to charge Nawaz with treason for his anti-Pakistan statements. Heck nothing even came of the NSC meeting.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True but not just him the list is long. For now Naeem, Shibli Faraz, Shehryar Afridi, Azam Swati and Abrar ul Haq should stay away from media.
    Not seen much of Azam and Abrar on mainstream channels but others some on very popular shows. Often sawal gundum aur jawab chana detay hein. They have unrelated planted answers to every question. Naeem specifically comes in capital talk which is one of the most watched shows, thankfully he is no more PTI spokesperson.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are few who can handle media. Fawad, Ali Muhammad Khan, Murad Saeed, SMQ, Asad Umar, Shafqat Mahmood, Arif Alvi to name a few. That's plenty of them.
    Mid level People like Atif Khan, Shahram are better than these Naeems types.

Some of them in @Mian list need to be banned on TV.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ali Muhammad Khan can present the PTI very effectively too
    Fayyaz Chohan is also good if he can manage to decrease his aggression and jugat baazi a bit for bigger national channels. There is a reason PTI sends him on small channels instead of big ones.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little annoyed that a working day went by and not one ghairat-mand Pakistani put petition in SC to charge Nawaz with treason for his anti-Pakistan statements. Heck nothing even came of the NSC meeting.
    Supreme Bar Council is thinking about going in SC against Nawaz

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are few who can handle media. Fawad, Ali Muhammad Khan, Murad Saeed, SMQ, Asad Umar, Shafqat Mahmood, Arif Alvi to name a few. That's plenty of them.
    Mid level People like Atif Khan, Shahram are better than these Naeems types.

Some of them in @Mian list need to be banned on TV.
    True naeems types should be banned from appearing on TV. And it's time PTI start using the good imported voices from PPP like Nadeem Afzal Chan and Noor Alam Khan. Not sure why fresh faces like Hammad Azhar, Waleed Iqbal and Sikandar Bhadera are not being tried.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not seen much of Azam and Abrar on mainstream channels but others some on very popular shows. Often sawal gundum aur jawab chana detay hein. They have unrelated planted answers to every question. Naeem specifically comes in capital talk which is one of the most watched shows, thankfully he is no more PTI spokesperson.
    From what i heard Naeem and Mazari always play the bridge role between Geo and PTI whenever there are tensions and there is a reason both of them show up on Capital talk more than others. Shehryar Afridi is a also a friend of Talat and he used to be a regular guest in his show.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what i heard Naeem and Mazari always play the bridge role between Geo and PTI whenever there are tensions and there is a reason both of them show up on Capital talk more than others. Shehryar Afridi is a also a friend of Talat and he used to be a regular guest in his show.
    So, the worst comes on Geo where the atmosphere is least friendly towards PTI , whereas its audience needs some convincing to support PTI.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess its over for PML-N.

What NS said in the Cyril interview cannot be called anything other than political suicide. Feel bad for Shehbaz, must be dreaming of finally becoming PM after big bro is out of the way, but NS manages to screw his chances as well. He reminds me of a pampered child who throws the candy on the ground when his parents ask him to share it with his little bother. Agar meri nahi tu kisi ki nahi.

Maybe he never wanted SS to become PM. Maybe this is just a shrewd strategy to let this election go to PTI, get SS sidelined in the next 5 years and launch Maryam as the leader of the party. After all, these kinds of palace intrigues are common in the Saudi palace, something NS must be very fimiliar with.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another question on Karachi.

I am a bit confused regarding the old and new constituencies.

Can you please tabulate old constituency number vs new constituency number for all Karachi districts except Malir and Korangi?

Thank you!
    I can tell you really approximately, as the new constituencies do not follow the same borders as the old ones. I will do all of them just for the sake of completion/so everyone can see.

NA-236 Malir = Old NA-258 (rural part)
    NA-237 Malir = Old NA-257 (south half)
    NA-238 Malir = Old NA-258 (south part adjacent to Landhi)
    NA-239 Korangi = Old NA-256
    NA-240 Korangi = Old NA-255
    NA-241 Korangi = Old NA-254
    NA-242 Karachi East = Old NA-253 and NA-257 (north halves)
    NA-243 Karachi East = Old NA-253 (south half) and NA-252 (north part)
    NA-244 Karachi East = Old NA-251 and NA-252 (south part)
    NA-245 Karachi East = Old NA-252 (west half)
    NA-246 Karachi South = Old NA-248 and NA-249
    NA-247 Karachi South = Old NA-250
    NA-248 Karachi West = Old NA-239
    NA-249 Karachi West = Old NA-239 and NA-240
    NA-250 Karachi West = Old NA-240
    NA-251 Karachi West = Old NA-241
    NA-252 Karachi West = Old NA-242 and NA-242
    NA-253 Karachi Central = Old NA-244 and NA-245 (north part)
    NA-254 Karachi Central = Old NA-256
    NA-255 Karachi Central = Old NA-247
    NA-256 Karachi Central = Old NA-245

Once again, this is quite approximate, there is a lot of overlap, and there may be some slight errors. But this is a general idea.

It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally agree, Naeem ul Haq just totally loses it.

Had huge expectations from Shibli Faraz and Waleed Iqbal but both aren't good speakers despite being highly educated and bright people.

Sheharyar Afridi is not too bad but way too emotional.

Fayaz Chohan is good for likes of Abid Sher Ali, Hanif Abbasi types but shouldn't represent PTI at high level.

From what i heard, Usman Basra although bit young and emotional but presents solid arguments and is a lawyer so that also helps.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea Ayaz Amir won there with 125k back in 2008 and also lost there by only a margin of 2k back in 2002. PTI is pretty weak in NA-65 but i heard Tammans are expected to join PTI that can turn the table there.
    Sardar Ghulam Abbas will be a great addition, he has used a good excuse to leave PMLN and this issue will also affect PMLN votebank in Pothohar area in particular. I can see PMLN suffering similar way they will in South Punjab. Nawaz is trying his best to create troubles for brother Shahbaz so Maryam can take over with sympathy from around the world.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Sardar Ghulam Abbas will be a great addition, he has used a good excuse to leave PMLN and this issue will also affect PMLN votebank in Pothohar area in particular. I can see PMLN suffering similar way they will in South Punjab. Nawaz is trying his best to create troubles for brother Shahbaz so Maryam can take over with sympathy from around the world.
    But he was with PTI back in 2011-12, then ditched the party over some issues with IK. I don't think he will be coming back.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But he was with PTI back in 2011-12, then ditched the party over some issues with IK. I don't think he will be coming back.
    I am pretty sure he wanted assurance of ticket but Imran Khan was still in is idealist phase and told him that elected officials will decide who gets the ticket so he left, i think Sikandar Bosan also left for the same reason and so did many other strong candidates.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    I can tell you really approximately, as the new constituencies do not follow the same borders as the old ones. I will do all of them just for the sake of completion/so everyone can see.

NA-236 Malir = Old NA-258 (rural part)
    NA-237 Malir = Old NA-257 (south half)
    NA-238 Malir = Old NA-258 (south part adjacent to Landhi)
    NA-239 Korangi = Old NA-256
    NA-240 Korangi = Old NA-255
    NA-241 Korangi = Old NA-254
    NA-242 Karachi East = Old NA-253 and NA-257 (north halves)
    NA-243 Karachi East = Old NA-253 (south half) and NA-252 (north part)
    NA-244 Karachi East = Old NA-251 and NA-252 (south part)
    NA-245 Karachi East = Old NA-252 (west half)
    NA-246 Karachi South = Old NA-248 and NA-249
    NA-247 Karachi South = Old NA-250
    NA-248 Karachi West = Old NA-239
    NA-249 Karachi West = Old NA-239 and NA-240
    NA-250 Karachi West = Old NA-240
    NA-251 Karachi West = Old NA-241
    NA-252 Karachi West = Old NA-242 and NA-242
    NA-253 Karachi Central = Old NA-244 and NA-245 (north part)
    NA-254 Karachi Central = Old NA-256
    NA-255 Karachi Central = Old NA-247
    NA-256 Karachi Central = Old NA-245

Once again, this is quite approximate, there is a lot of overlap, and there may be some slight errors. But this is a general idea.
    Thank you! I have tallied this with the 2002 and 2018 delimitations/maps and your tabulation is very accurate. Apart from NA-246. While old NA-248 is clearly in it but the whole of NA-249 isn't. NA-249's major chunk of Saddar division has shifted to NA-247 (former NA-250). While the Garden subdivision is divided between both NA-247 and NA-246. I think this will impact Arif Alvi's chances of winning NA-247 because NA-249 had been one of the safest seats for MQM and Farooq Sattar has been winning from it from quite some time.

Also, can you please elaborate on new NA-252's areas.
    Last edited by awan_from_soon; 15th May 2018 at 13:40.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I am pretty sure he wanted assurance of ticket but Imran Khan was still in is idealist phase and told him that elected officials will decide who gets the ticket so he left, i think Sikandar Bosan also left for the same reason and so did many other strong candidates.
    Maybe. Thankfully he is out of it now.

When will PTI finalize the issuance of tickets? What will happen if electables joined after tickets have been issued?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mian kya chal raha ha..banday ko jotay paray k nahee?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    @Mian kya chal raha ha..banday ko jotay paray k nahee?
    100 payaz ke saath 100 joote

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will PTI finalize the issuance of tickets? What will happen if electables joined after tickets have been issued?
    Yesterday was last day of ticket application now they will start interviews and i think they will final the tickets in this month.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I briefed about the process in my previous post. There are half a dozen (or much more) applicants for every constituency.

Preliminary interviews have started that will shortlist it to 2 candidates, from every constituency, and those two will then present their profile and plan to Final committee including Ik and then IK announce Final List.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    I briefed about the process in my previous post. There are half a dozen (or much more) applicants for every constituency.

Preliminary interviews have started that will shortlist it to 2 candidates, from every constituency, and those two will then present their profile and plan to Final committee including Ik and then IK announce Final List.
    I think Aleem Khan and Shoaib Siddiqui are doing interviews of candidates from central Punjab. Saw him doing interview of Abrar the other day. Kayani will probably interview candidates from North Punjab and i gues Khakwani will be the one doing interviews for South? SMQ, Ch Sarwar, Tareen and IK will finalize in the end

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI position in Nadeem Afzal Chan constituency

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PML-N MPA from Multan joins hands with IK.The ship is going down way too quickly.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    PML-N MPA from Multan joins hands with IK.The ship is going down way too quickly.
    Ramzan time and may be it's a perception that Ramzan will help curtail whatsoever little Chaos MNS and his allies intend to after NAB verdict, hence the joinings. Parting ways arter verdict will not give them benefit of doubt in claiming Holiness.

Ticket allocation is key point. Electables are good for numbers but a potential forward block as well if in high proportion. If elected Electables constitute more than 15% of total Seats won by PTI, it's going to be a big headache.

I think PTI will accept electables as of now (their number making upto 30% ticket holders) and if PTI gets to form Federal Govt, in future these electables will be disqualified through NAB cases or bla bla. PTI can then bring in like minded sincere candidates. Sacking 20 MPAs is enough for an example to make me believe that PTI will not tolerate rubbish. Will be a masterstroke to win elections through help from Electables and disqualify them 18 months afterward. By-elections are merely a formality.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by last_knight View Post
    Ramzan time and may be it's a perception that Ramzan will help curtail whatsoever little Chaos MNS and his allies intend to after NAB verdict, hence the joinings. Parting ways arter verdict will not give them benefit of doubt in claiming Holiness.

Ticket allocation is key point. Electables are good for numbers but a potential forward block as well if in high proportion. If elected Electables constitute more than 15% of total Seats won by PTI, it's going to be a big headache.

I think PTI will accept electables as of now (their number making upto 30% ticket holders) and if PTI gets to form Federal Govt, in future these electables will be disqualified through NAB cases or bla bla. PTI can then bring in like minded sincere candidates. Sacking 20 MPAs is enough for an example to make me believe that PTI will not tolerate rubbish. Will be a masterstroke to win elections through help from Electables and disqualify them 18 months afterward. By-elections are merely a formality.
    This is exactly what I am thinking. But the point is, if we, as amateurs in the politics of the country are having such thoughts, some unscrupulous electables might be having them too. A powerful incentive for them to not jump ship.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saadibaba View Post
    So I guess its over for PML-N.

What NS said in the Cyril interview cannot be called anything other than political suicide. Feel bad for Shehbaz, must be dreaming of finally becoming PM after big bro is out of the way, but NS manages to screw his chances as well. He reminds me of a pampered child who throws the candy on the ground when his parents ask him to share it with his little bother. Agar meri nahi tu kisi ki nahi.

Maybe he never wanted SS to become PM. Maybe this is just a shrewd strategy to let this election go to PTI, get SS sidelined in the next 5 years and launch Maryam as the leader of the party. After all, these kinds of palace intrigues are common in the Saudi palace, something NS must be very fimiliar with.
    That would be an idealist point of view. In a country like Pakistan, with biradrisim, and jahalat along with mass propaganda being spread by Noon league in their jalsas, it won't happen.

Currently NS is playing the victim card and playing it well. NS's end game is not about sidelining Shahbaz and his side of the family, but rather to get so much mandate that they, in connivance with PPP, are in the position to repeal 62.1.f after the 2018 elections and maintain the status quo. If PTI comes to power, it will be the end of Noon league and they know it. To stop that from happening, even if they have to make a coalition with PPP post-elections, they will do so in a heartbeat.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be an idealist point of view. In a country like Pakistan, with biradrisim, and jahalat along with mass propaganda being spread by Noon league in their jalsas, it won't happen.

Currently NS is playing the victim card and playing it well. NS's end game is not about sidelining Shahbaz and his side of the family, but rather to get so much mandate that they, in connivance with PPP, are in the position to repeal 62.1.f after the 2018 elections and maintain the status quo. If PTI comes to power, it will be the end of Noon league and they know it. To stop that from happening, even if they have to make a coalition with PPP post-elections, they will do so in a heartbeat.
    But PTI is gobbling up all the lotas and establishment stooges faster than the PML-N propaganda machines can work overtime so in the end, I am not sure how much of that sympathy will get to work its magic.

“I am not young enough to know everything.”

― Oscar Wilde

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But PTI is gobbling up all the lotas and establishment stooges faster than the PML-N propaganda machines can work overtime so in the end, I am not sure how much of that sympathy will get to work its magic.
    All I am saying is that don't write off PMLN just yet. They have perfected the Punjabi brand of politics in over three decades of Punjab-centric machinations. If they can't win fair, they will fight unfair. And an unfair fight favors PMLN heavily as was witnessed in widespread malpractices in 2013.

So, things might have changed on the surface, but underneath not much is different from 11 May 2013.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I am saying is that don't write off PMLN just yet. They have perfected the Punjabi brand of politics in over three decades of Punjab-centric machinations. If they can't win fair, they will fight unfair. And an unfair fight favors PMLN heavily as was witnessed in widespread malpractices in 2013.

So, things might have changed on the surface, but underneath not much is different from 11 May 2013.
    All I can see is the surface sitting abroad and never would I ever pretend to know more than that.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This. They have ghunda's everywhere and are in with the police and land mafias everywhere..they will rig, bribe and do anything they can to rig this election..this is a survival issue for them and they will not let it go..I have no idea how the PTI can get through this..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So I guess it’s over for PML-N.

interesting point of view and could be valid but as mentioned above do not count them out yet..this is part of their strategy..roana dhoana and playing the victim..but this may have backfired badly on them. The MP's themselves may not want to associate themselves with NS now.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PML-N MNA from NA 75(Faisalabad) joins the PTI.

A very strong candidate. He won by over 80K votes. This seat is confirmed now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting MNA of PMLN expect to join PTI in upcoming days.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTi finally getting strong in Faisalabad. Today 2 strong electable (brothers) joined PTI from Faisalabad one is a sitting MNA other is a MPA. Last month another sitting MNA.

2 old politicians Ch Zaheeruddin of PMLQ and Raja Riaz of PPP are also in PTI now both are from Faisalabad.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big wickets coming from Jhang tomorrow stay tuned! Jhang is one of those Punjab Districts where PTI is really weak and currently stands no chance of winning any seat.

Sheikh Waqas and his family jumping the sinking ship of PMLN? His family is really strong in Jhang and the choices there are Sheikh Waqas family (anti maulvis), ASWJ maluvis or Faisal Saaleh Hayat

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big wickets coming from Jhang tomorrow stay tuned! Jhang is one of those Punjab Districts where PTI is really weak and currently stands no chance of winning any seat.

Sheikh Waqas and his family jumping the sinking ship of PMLN? His family is really strong in Jhang and the choices there are Sheikh Waqas family (anti maulvis), ASWJ maluvis or Faisal Saaleh Hayat
    What will happen to the people who jump ship after tickets have been allocated.... hasn't PTI already started the process of identifying the people who will get tickets?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will happen to the people who jump ship after tickets have been allocated.... hasn't PTI already started the process of identifying the people who will get tickets?
    Yea that's a tricky situation i hope they have plan for this

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to reports:

2 Sitting MNAs:
    Sahibzada Nazir Sultan
    Ghulam Bibi Bharwana

1 MPA:
    Azam Chela

6 Ex MPAs :
    Sheikh Yaqoob
    Sheikh Rashida Yaqoob
    Aslam Bharwana
    Ghulam Ahemd Khan Gaadi
    Nawaz Bharwana
    Asif Kathiya

To join PTI from Jhang tomorrow

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what's being said on Twitter, PTI will be in a position to sweep the 3 seats of Jhang district and if Sheikh Waqas comes in, PMLN won't even have an outside chance:
    "JKT strikes gold in Jhang. Sitting MNAs, Nazir Sultan (NA 90) & Ghulam Bibi Bharwana (NA 88), Sitting MPA, Azam Chela (PP 82), X-MPAs, Ghulam Ahmad Gadi (PP 81), Sheikh Yaqub (PP 78), Mehr Nawaz Bharwana (PP 76), Aslam Bharwana & Mian Asif Kathia (PP 80) will join PTI tomorrow IA"
    https://twitter.com/PTIPoliticss/sta...07059063607297

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lag raha hai Immy elections jeet hi jayega.... but I do hope he delivers and is also allowed to deliver. I don't know what will happen if IK also disappoints like his predecessors, there is no other leader on the horizon. Then grandchildren of the House of Sharif or Bhutto clan will take turns doing their worst to the country.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what's being said on Twitter, PTI will be in a position to sweep the 3 seats of Jhang district and if Sheikh Waqas comes in, PMLN won't even have an outside chance:
    "JKT strikes gold in Jhang. Sitting MNAs, Nazir Sultan (NA 90) & Ghulam Bibi Bharwana (NA 88), Sitting MPA, Azam Chela (PP 82), X-MPAs, Ghulam Ahmad Gadi (PP 81), Sheikh Yaqub (PP 78), Mehr Nawaz Bharwana (PP 76), Aslam Bharwana & Mian Asif Kathia (PP 80) will join PTI tomorrow IA"
    https://twitter.com/PTIPoliticss/sta...07059063607297
    True they should get Sheikh Waqas family on board too they are very strong if i am not wrong one of his brother is also a sitting/ex mpa and another brother or father is a chairman in LG.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Ghulam Bibi Bharwana
    This right here is a terrifically androgynous, headline-worthy name.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lag raha hai Immy elections jeet hi jayega.... but I do hope he delivers and is also allowed to deliver. I don't know what will happen if IK also disappoints like his predecessors, there is no other leader on the horizon. Then grandchildren of the House of Sharif or Bhutto clan will take turns doing their worst to the country.
    Muje Reham ki aane waali book kaafi khaternaak lag rae political and deep state waale links ki to khaer he beshak likhe zyada se zyada dherna ke baare main he hoga to Nawaz konsa dudh ka dhula he asghar khan case sir per khera he but character ko attack kerna he reham ne IK ke kaafi or Pak main log yeh baaten berdasht nae kerte even Gulalai waale maamle main kitne PTI ke voters bad dil hogae thai IK se after her first press conf

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It will be difficult but he needs to reform institutions with a passion because people are used to fancy projects but not institutional reforms and if they dont see visible change they will lose faith hope. The one thing that is for sure, he will be one of the few leaders in our history that will not be thinking about commissions when he signs contracts.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are not that easy. As @Mian points out, there is Reham's upcoming book strategically placed to publish right before the elections. Furthermore, Nawaz has insinuated to release info about the 2014 dharna. If you remember, Mushahidullah was fired from his job after he gave an interview to a UK-based paper that the government has 'recordings' of army generals who contacted IK/Qadri. I am sure IB retains such tapes, which can be released. Finally, if all else fails, they will openly attack Imran Khan's playboy history to pander to the conservatives.

While I am positive of PTI's chances, there are many obstacles to that. Obstacles that PTI have to overcome with little damage to stand a chance to form a government. If they lapse, a PMLN-PPP coalition post-election is still very much on the cards.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Amir Mateen majority of PMLN’s MPAs and MNAs didn’t even apply for the party ticket and Shahbaz himself is personally begging candidates to apply for ticket.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a nice piece on PTI's campaign in 2013. Just trying to inject some caution into the overwhelming optimism on this thread.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are not that easy. As @Mian points out, there is Reham's upcoming book strategically placed to publish right before the elections. Furthermore, Nawaz has insinuated to release info about the 2014 dharna. If you remember, Mushahidullah was fired from his job after he gave an interview to a UK-based paper that the government has 'recordings' of army generals who contacted IK/Qadri. I am sure IB retains such tapes, which can be released. Finally, if all else fails, they will openly attack Imran Khan's playboy history to pander to the conservatives.

While I am positive of PTI's chances, there are many obstacles to that. Obstacles that PTI have to overcome with little damage to stand a chance to form a government. If they lapse, a PMLN-PPP coalition post-election is still very much on the cards.
    Rumors are already in market Nawaz is going to release Audio tapes of DG ISI talking to Imran/Qadri. In my personal view Reham personal attacks and cheap shots will do more damage than those tapes. Shahbaz recorded calls with Justice Qayyum and Nawaz attacking SC and taking bribe from ISI and funds from Laden are there for everyone to see but majority of voters dont care about these things in Punjab

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone saw that video of Shahbaz today where he was really frustrated on the launch of orange line?

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Amir Mateen majority of PMLN’s MPAs and MNAs didn’t even apply for the party ticket and Shahbaz himself is personally begging candidates to apply for ticket.

Omar Mateen is a sensationalist. He exaggerates things. I am sure things are not that good for PMLN tickets as can be seen by the extension in application submission deadline. But to say that 70 sitting MNAs and 100-200 MPAs haven't applied for Sher ticket is pure hype - plain and simple.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to reports just from Lahore alone 350 people applied for PTI tickets and from one of the MPA seat of Peshawar more than 70 applied

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone saw that video of Shahbaz today where he was really frustrated on the launch of orange line?
    Vo jis mein rone vala ho gaya tha?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omar Mateen is a sensationalist. He exaggerates things. I am sure things are not that good for PMLN tickets as can be seen by the extension in application submission deadline. But to say that 70 sitting MNAs and 100-200 MPAs haven't applied for Sher ticket is pure hype - plain and simple.
    Yea a bit esaggerated but i think those numbers includes the one leaving and joining PTI. I think many of PMLN candidates will go independent if NS don't calm down. We all know Punjab politics was never anti establishment and PMLN was never a party of resistance. I heard PMLN as a party is also asking candidates to sign an affidavit that say they will remain loyal to NS (not just party).