Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which will be the top party after the upcoming general elections?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • PML-N

4 4.30%
  • PTI

86 92.47%
  • PPP

1 1.08%
  • Other

2 2.15%
Results 11,441 to 11,520 of 12694
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picture of the day guys showing unity! New CM of KP Mehmood Khan met IK with Atif and Shahram (both were in the race of CM KP before Mehmood)

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TalentSpotterPk: I pray PanamaLeak sink Sharif ship forever we dont want this pseudo democracy

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mian @awan_from_soon @WebGuru @hussain.r97

What is the situation in the Senate? Will PTI struggle to pass legislation etc?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mian View Post
    Picture of the day guys showing unity! New CM of KP Mehmood Khan met IK with Atif and Shahram (both were in the race of CM KP before Mehmood)

I think after PTI rule white shalwar kurta will become national uniform

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ariel sales must be going through the roof.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Ariel sales must be going through the roof.
    Wait til Malik Amin gets his portfolio, he'll have them in grey so they don't need to be washed as often therefore saving the environment

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post

For these lifafa journalists its only democracy when their guy wins. Jahil insaan.... I hope to God corruption is proved against him and he is sent to Adiala to be with his master.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Mian at first I wanted Faisal Vawda to win just because that would have made a good story (first time elections, against Shehbaz, etc), but this guy is actually a pretty professional troll lol in a recent show have seen him make Uzma Bukhari look really silly

and now this about Showbaz

good catch for PTI Karachi chapter

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Geo ensuring that we're up to date with all the latest news.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Bani Gala dress code is white shalwar qameez and peshawari chappal

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Geo ensuring that we're up to date with all the latest news.
    Begaani shadi main Geo dewana

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enkidu_ View Post
    @Mian at first I wanted Faisal Vawda to win just because that would have made a good story (first time elections, against Shehbaz, etc), but this guy is actually a pretty professional troll lol in a recent show have seen him make Uzma Bukhari look really silly

and now this about Showbaz

good catch for PTI Karachi chapter
    haha chota insan! i never like vawda in past but man he proved me wrong in last few months the way he was campaigning Uzma Bukhari ko jo sirf teeli laga ker terpaya he or phr smile kerta raha he manaazir dekhne waale thai

Zaid Hamid tried to play smart and got a quick reply.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post

If i am not wrong in some cases you can bypass Senate specially in finance related legislation. If PTI come up with legislation that is good for a common man then PMLN and PPP will find it hard to oppose it because it will further decrease their support in public. For example South Punjab province is a win-win for PTI because it need 2/3rd majority and if PMLN and PPP oppose it they will face massive backlash in South and in Media.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran to take oath as PM on August 18: PTI

ISLAMABAD: Putting an end to speculation about the election of prime minister expectedly on Independence Day, the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) on Friday declared that Imran Khan would take the oath as the country’s 21st prime minister on Aug 18.

After a meeting of senior party leaders at Mr Khan’s residence in Banigala, the PTI also announced the names of Asad Qaiser, Chaudhry Sarwar and Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi for the positions of National Assembly speaker, Punjab governor and Punjab Assembly speaker, respectively.

While no decision has been made for the Punjab chief minister’s slot, the PTI decided to call a grand meeting of parliamentarians of the party and its allies on Monday evening after they would have been administered the oath by the speaker of the previous assembly, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq of the PML-N.

The PTI claims to have secured a simple majority in the NA by having the support of 180 MNAs.

PTI spokesman Fawad Chaudhry while speaking to Dawn on Friday said: “It has been decided by the party that Imran Khan will take the oath as prime minister of Pakistan on Aug 18. The decision was taken in a meeting of senior party leaders at his residence in Banigala.”

The official date of the oath of the prime minister is announced by the NA speaker. The inaugural session of the assembly will commence on Aug 13 when all the MNAs will be administered the oath while the election of speaker and deputy speaker will be held on Aug 15 or 16.

Addressing the media after the party’s meeting, PTI vice chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi announced that former speaker of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly Asad Qaiser had been nominated for the position of NA speaker. He said ex-governor of Punjab, Chaudhry Sarwar, had been nominated for the same slot, while Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi would be supported for the office of Punjab Assembly speaker.

The PTI on Friday also appointed focal persons to have close liaison with the parliamentarians of the party and its allies as well as independent candidates.

Asad Qaiser
    Even for the PTI leaders, the nomination of Mr Qaiser as NA speaker was unexpected, as many people believed that someone from the PTI’s core group would be selected for the position. The names of Dr Arif Alvi and Shafqat Mehmood were circulating in the media.

Mr Qaiser, who hails from the Swabi district, was an educationist before entering politics. He was a leader of Pasban, an offshoot of Jamaat-i-Islami, before joining the PTI in 1996.

He was made PTI’s KP chapter president in 2008. In the previous general election, he had won both the NA and provincial assembly seats. However, he was asked to retain his provincial assembly seat. He was reportedly running for the chief minister’s position but the slot was given to Pervez Khattak and he was elected as the KP Assembly’s speaker — a position he retained during the whole term of the PTI.

In the July 25 polls, Mr Qaiser maintained his record by winning one seat each in the NA and the KP assembly. This time, however, Imran Khan asked him to vacate his provincial assembly seat as the PTI needed maximum seats in the National Assembly to form its government at the Centre.

Chaudhry Sarwar
    Born in Faisalabad, Chaudhry Sarwar moved to Scotland, in the 70s and joined politics there after a successful business career. In 1997, he was elected MP from Glasgow Govan.

In 2013, however, Mr Sarwar left British politics and returned to Pakistan. He joined the PML-N and was made Punjab governor the same year following the party’s electoral victory. However, he quit the party after developing some differences with the top leadership of the PML-N and joined the PTI. He was elected senator on a PTI ticket in March.

Pervaiz Elahi
    The PML-Q leader and former deputy prime minister has been nominated as Punjab Assembly speaker. The PML-Q, which won four NA seats, had earlier announced its support for the PTI both at the Centre and in Punjab.

During Gen Musharraf’s regime, Mr Elahi had served as the chief minister of Punjab.

At the press talk, Mr Qureshi thanked the party allies namely PML-Q, Balochistan National Party, Muttahida Qaumi Movement, Awami Muslim League and others for supporting the PTI. He said the PTI wanted to have a meeting with all parliamentarians of the PTI and allied parties to chalk out the future line of action. In this connection, he added, a grand meeting of parliamentarians would be held on Aug 13.

He said the PTI would support BAP president Jam Kamal for the slot of Balochistan chief minister.

Mr Qureshi said the PTI also made some senior party leaders as focal persons to have close coordination with the parliamentarians. For this, he said, Mr Khattak would look after the KP and Fata region; Mr Alvi would take care of parliamentarians elected from Sindh. Shafqat Mehmood would coordinate with MNAs from central Punjab, Chaudhry Sarwar would coordinate with members from west Punjab, while Amir Kiyani would coordinate with north Punjab and he himself would coordinate with members from south Punjab.

Asked about the delay in commencement of the NA session and subsequent election of the PM, Mr Qureshi said: “It was because of some legal compulsion and the process of finalisation of election results by the ECP.

“I hope this whole process will move forward within the legal framework and the president will fulfil his role in the best possible manner.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426329/im...-on-aug-18-pti

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    President cancels Ireland visit for PM’s oath-taking

ISLAMABAD: President Mamnoon Hussain has shelved his three-day visit to Ireland, apparently to be available on Aug 18 to administer the oath to Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan as the 21st prime minister of the country.

Sources in President House told Dawn on Friday that Mr Hussain had earlier decided to proceed to Ireland on Aug 16 to attend the award-distribution ceremony of Royal College of Physician where he too had to receive an honorary degree. However, he cancelled the visit on the request of caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk.

The sources said caretaker Information and Law Minister Ali Zafar met the president late on Thursday night and conveyed the message of the prime minister to him.

The president, on the recommendation of the interim prime minister, has already summoned a session of the National Assembly on Aug 13 so that the process of formation of the new government could start.

The PTI has secured 115 seats of the National Assembly in the July 25 general elections and with the support of its allies and independent candidates, the party claimed to have a simple majority in the lower house of parliament with around 180 seats.

Earlier, it was expected that Mr Khan, according to his own desire, would take the oath as prime minister on Independence Day — Aug 14 — but due some legal compulsion and the process of finalisation of election results by the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), it seemed impossible.

The demand for cancellation of President Hussain’s foreign visit also came from the PTI on Thursday when Mr Khan’s close aide Naeemul Haq urged the president to cancel his three-day official visit to Ireland that was to be concluded on Aug 19.

PTI spokesman Fawad Chaudhry said that the absence of Mr Hussain did not matter as Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani, being acting president, could administer the oath to the new prime minister.

It has been learnt that soon after Mr Khan takes the oath as prime minister, the governors of three provinces — Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan — are likely to step down.

Sources close to former prime minister and Pakistan Muslim League-N supreme leader Nawaz Sharif told Dawn that Mr Sharif was unhappy that the president and three governors appointed by the last government were still sitting in their offices while Muhammad Zubair had resigned as governor of Sindh.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426327/pr...ms-oath-taking
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 11th August 2018 at 04:28.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As Mian bhai said, there are certain things that can bypass the senate, but most things will have to go through it before they can be implemented. The main issue is that PPP and PML-N have considerably more senators than PTI, and they can give problems. However, they will find it hard to block policies that are good for the people as if they do, it will damage their own popularity.

Next senate elections are in 2021, so hopefully after thta PTI will have an easier time to implement their policies.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    As Mian bhai said, there are certain things that can bypass the senate, but most things will have to go through it before they can be implemented. The main issue is that PPP and PML-N have considerably more senators than PTI, and they can give problems. However, they will find it hard to block policies that are good for the people as if they do, it will damage their own popularity.

Next senate elections are in 2021, so hopefully after thta PTI will have an easier time to implement their policies.
    Like I asked a few pages ago, any idea how many more senators
    PTI can gain in the next senate elections?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike! View Post
    Like I asked a few pages ago, any idea how many more senators
    PTI can gain in the next senate elections?
    I tried working it out, but the whole equation is very complicated as it operates on a ranked system. My rough estimate is that after the elections, PTI will have more senators than PPP but possibly approximately the same amount as PML-N.

“It is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.”
    ― Imran Khan

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lawmakers asked to vacate additional seats before taking oath

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Saturday directed candidates elected to multiple national or provincial assembly seats during July 25 polls to resign from seats except the one they wish to retain.

A notification issued by the commission stated that as per Article 223 (3) of the Constitution, all candidates elected on multiple seats in the national or provincial assemblies will have to tender their resignations before they take the oath of membership for the assemblies.

The resignation shall be addressed to the chief election commissioner and shall be delivered either in person or through authorised agent to the ECP Secretariat, Islamabad or in the offices of provincial election commissioners Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan, the notification read.

The first session of the National Assembly has been called on August 13.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan and Sindh Assemblies will also hold their first sessions on August 13 while the Punjab Assembly's first session will take place on August 15.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/207048-law...re-taking-oath

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So according to reports,Haleem Adil Shaikh from PTI has been nominated as opposition leader in the Sindh Assembly!He is Karachi based.

His son is one of my friends.I've asked him and he has confirmed his dad is in talks.
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 11th August 2018 at 13:44.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    So according to reports,Haleem Adil Shaikh from PTI has been nominated as opposition leader in the Sindh Assembly!He is Karachi based.

His son is one of my friends.I've asked him and he has confirmed his dad is in talks.
    Great news him and Khurram Sherzaman are both very active guys one of them should be opp leader.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This just shows that despite the hype and promises, the PPP cupboard is empty. They keep going back to the same tried and tested failures be it Qaim or Murad Ali Shah. Nothing good can be expected from them. Governance is beyond them if the last 10 years are anything to go by. The people of Sindh and Karachi deserve better. The federal government can only do so much. They should play their part and release funds, initiate projects etc. but the development of the provinces is primary the responsibility of the respective provincial government

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426382/sh...roles-in-sindh
    Last edited by AZulfi; 11th August 2018 at 15:09.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Imran Ismail will be governor Sindh.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZulfi View Post
    This just shows that despite the hype and promises, the PPP cupboard is empty. They keep going back to the same tried and tested failures be it Qaim or Murad Ali Shah. Nothing good can be expected from them. Governance is beyond them if the last 10 years are anything to go by. The people of Sindh and Karachi deserve better. The federal government can only do so much. They should play their part and release funds, initiate projects etc. but the development of the provinces is primary the responsibility of the respective provincial government

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426382/sh...roles-in-sindh
    I would like to see Billo take the reigns in Sindh. Lets put some of that Oxford education to some use because the PPP are a disgrace, just criminals masquerading as people of the awaam. Where is the new blood in the PPP to bring rural Sindh into something resembling even the 20th century never mind the 21st.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which two parties will you want to see in the future?

PTI - PMLN
    PTI - PPP

I think PPP is better than PMLN. Both are financially corrupt but PMLN is morally corrupt to the core. “Jaag Punjabi jaag teri pag nu lag gaya daag” has caused irreversible damage to this country.

What do you guys think @Mian @hussain.r97 @Strike! @Waseem

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    I would like to see Billo take the reigns in Sindh. Lets put some of that Oxford education to some use because the PPP are a disgrace, just criminals masquerading as people of the awaam. Where is the new blood in the PPP to bring rural Sindh into something resembling even the 20th century never mind the 21st.
    One would hope so but it is not easy to shed that wadera or feudal mentality. Ex-President Farooq Leghari (PPP) was also Oxford-educated but it is common knowledge that he opposed building new schools in his own constituency out of fear that if masses became more literate, they might not vote for feudals like him

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    He should have contested for PP assembly as well, this way he would have gained valuable experience by becoming a minister. Right now he is like a headless chicken.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick84 View Post

PTI - PMLN
    PTI - PPP

I think PPP is better than PMLN. Both are financially corrupt but PMLN is morally corrupt to the core. “Jaag Punjabi jaag teri pag nu lag gaya daag” has caused irreversible damage to this country.

PTI - PPP is the future PMLN will explode they can't do opposition.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PTI - PMLN
    PTI - PPP

I'd rather see some new parties emerge...These two parties have too much baggage behind them. A new PML without any of the previous baggage. A new PPP without Bhuttos. Dynastic politics has been rejected. I don't see the youth of today ever supporting Bilawal.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Apart from IK

I don't see anyone rightnow in PTI that is national level leader

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't see PTI surviving without Imran Khan.

They need to build grass root poltics in these 5 years and create leaders for it to sustain

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather see some new parties emerge...These two parties have too much baggage behind them. A new PML without any of the previous baggage. A new PPP without Bhuttos. Dynastic politics has been rejected. I don't see the youth of today ever supporting Bilawal.
    I don’t see any new party emerging in near future. It’s kinda impossible. Only hope is that Zardari will step away and BB will govern his party in a non-traditional way.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Asad Umar will stamp himself as PTI’s next leader in next 10 years. After IK Asad Umar is the most appreciated person in PTI.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Nihaari Ismail nominated as the Sindh governor.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shah_1 View Post
    Apart from IK

I don't see anyone rightnow in PTI that is national level leader
    PTI just need to deliver and they will automatically survive because nobody want to go for a lower options after seeing the change and i can see people standing behind Asad Umar after IK.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Asad Umar will stamp himself as PTI’s next leader in next 10 years. After IK Asad Umar is the most appreciated person in PTI.
    It will be hard for him to bypass SMQ but most PTI supporters love Asad Umar and SMQ don't enjoy that much popularity

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZulfi View Post
    One would hope so but it is not easy to shed that wadera or feudal mentality. Ex-President Farooq Leghari (PPP) was also Oxford-educated but it is common knowledge that he opposed building new schools in his own constituency out of fear that if masses became more literate, they might not vote for feudals like him
    We have to face the reality that the PPP will rule Sindh like a private estate for the next few decades, so we need someone that will feel the heat of the digital media and to save face Billo might actually do something for the poor of Sindh. The PPP have treated these poor people that believe in them as cult figures as cattle to be used to make money. I dare anyone to name even one person in the PPP as someone who cares for the condition of the poor. @Major as PPP voter you might be able to give us more insight.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They need to build grass root poltics in these 5 years and create leaders for it to sustain
    I agree it will be difficult but what this election has shown is that enough talent has emerged if the egos of the likes of PK, SMQ, JKT can be controlled.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1426386/pt...reserved-seats

The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) have been allotted 33 of the total 70 National Assembly seats reserved for women and minorities, taking the party's total in the lower house of the parliament to 158 — just 14 shy of the number required for simple majority.

The Election Commission of Pakistan on Saturday distributed the reserved seats among the parties as per their quotas that their electoral performances had commanded.

As expected, the PTI emerged as the biggest beneficiary after the distribution, thanks to the 116 seats its candidates had won themselves and the nine independents whom it had later recruited.

In all, the Imran Khan-led party was allotted 16 reserved seats for women from Punjab, four from Sindh, seven from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and one from Balochistan.

The party, which looks set to form its government in the Centre, also bagged five of the total 10 seats reserved for non-Muslims.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Capital Development Authority (CDA) and Islamabad police on Saturday launched an operation to free Parliament Lodges from former members of the parliament who were illegally dwelling in the government-owned facility, DawnNewsTV reported.

According to the authorities' list, 119 ex-lawmakers were illegally occupying the lodges, of which 30 have been evicted.

CDA today managed to free up the lodges allotted to former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, former MQM-P convener Farooq Sattar, former federal minister Sheikh Aftab Ahmed, Qaumi Watan Party Chairman Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao as well as Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party chief Mehmood Khan Achakzai.

Malik Asad Sikandar, Bilal Virk, Raza Hayat Hiraj and Syed Ali Hasan Gilani's governmental residences have also been evicted.

However, Tallal Chaudhry and Abid Sher Ali — both PML-N politicians who lost their seats in last month's polls — have not yet vacated the lodges that were allotted to them when they were still members of the parliament.

All the former parliamentarians, who had not been re-elected in the recently held elections, were given a deadline of July 31 to vacate their lodges.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426383/ab...liament-lodges

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pti will get 28 reserved seats for women and 5 minority so overall 158 seats

If they keep 6 seats in the bye election then they won't be blackmailed by mqm with 5 pml q, 5 bap and 2 gda, 1 JWP and 1 aml. don't trust Mengal or MQM as coalition partner

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be hard for him to bypass SMQ but most PTI supporters love Asad Umar and SMQ don't enjoy that much popularity
    Like you said SMQ isn’t popular amongst PTI voters. PTI voters will not vote for SMQ as PTIs leader.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PTI needs better internal elections next time around so true democracy can take place within the party. Also let overseas voters vote in PTI's internal elections.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This guy back then became the symbol of PTI's "burger bachay support", the whole jokes about PTI being a "social media party" (ironically that's what might have costed PML N through Maryam Nawaz, and now such jokes are more directed at Jibran Nasir), interesting comeback :

The “Garmi Mein Kharab” Guy, Zohair Toru Is Back & He Has An Important Message On Cyber Bullying For YOU!

Some eight years ago a video went viral following a PTI protest against the infamous Raymond Davis incident that had resulted in the death of two Pakistanis at the hands of the American national.

PTI chairman, Imran Khan had taken to the roads to protest the killings, demanding justice for the victims and the bereaved families. A truly emotional time for the nation, scores of people had welcomed Khan’s protest and joined it in Lahore.

The then administration, unhappy with Khan’s involvement had resorted to tactics aimed at dispersing the crowd and discouraging it from reassembling.

From among those protesters, one, Zohair Toru gained national fame after his interview with a local news network went viral. His faulty Urdu, unfortunate use of verbal expressions and an overall childlike demeanor made him the subject of countless unfortunate jibes. From being labelled as a “mummy-daddy” and “burger bacha” to being ridiculed on national television, Zohair Toru’s innocence became an excuse for cyber-bullying.

Eight years later, Toru is back and he is no longer a young-adult struggling to articulate his thoughts into coherent sentences.

Quite on the contrary, Toru is now a lawyer who has recently returned to Pakistan after completing his education and is engaged in providing pro-bono legal aid to those marginalized Pakistanis who cannot afford it.
    (...)

@Mian @Mamoon

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    Rawalpindi / Soon Valley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money bill (anything related to taxation/govt sending) is the only legislation that is senate-independent. The rest all have to go through it. Given its numerical disadvantage, PTI may struggle in getting many reforms through.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awan_from_soon View Post
    Money bill (anything related to taxation/govt sending) is the only legislation that is senate-independent. The rest all have to go through it. Given its numerical disadvantage, PTI may struggle in getting many reforms through.
    This is what I was worried about. I don't share the optimism of @Mian and @hussain.r97 when they say the opposition will find it hard to oppose legislation which is popular with the public.

No-one thought PMLN and PPP would team up in an opposition alliance to put forward their own candidate for PM etc but that is what they have done.

PTI will need someone with a good tactical/strategic mind to pass legislation etc.

There is definitely a case for constitutional reform but not sure how high it will be on Imran's agenda.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1154531

Wanted to share this detailed article about Imran Khan and his rise to power. It is written by Osman Samiuddin of cricinfo and I feel like its a must read for both his fans and critics.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy back then became the symbol of PTI's "burger bachay support", the whole jokes about PTI being a "social media party" (ironically that's what might have costed PML N through Maryam Nawaz, and now such jokes are more directed at Jibran Nasir), interesting comeback :

The “Garmi Mein Kharab” Guy, Zohair Toru Is Back & He Has An Important Message On Cyber Bullying For YOU!

@Mian @Mamoon
    wow what a turn around! from police humain maaregi to inqelaab kese ayega burger bacha to being a lawyer and talking about cyber bullying

toru is a legend

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/story/1154531

Wanted to share this detailed article about Imran Khan and his rise to power. It is written by Osman Samiuddin of cricinfo and I feel like its a must read for both his fans and critics.
    Great article really loved it!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow what a turn around! from police humain maaregi to inqelaab kese ayega burger bacha to being a lawyer and talking about cyber bullying

toru is a legend
    I believe he was acting on that day to make fun.

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    I believe he was acting on that day to make fun.
    i think he was serious later he was invited in bolta pakistan by nusrat javed

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mian @Mamoon
    Nice video... he's really come of age.. who would hv thought this some 8 yrs back.. all the best to Zohair.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

PTI - PMLN
    PTI - PPP

PTI-PPP for sure.

Apart from PML-N being more morally corrupt and divisive, they are a centre-right party just like PTI. I would like PTI to become the main centre-right force in Pakistan, and PPP (or a new party) become the main centre-left force. PPP without Zardari and his buddies may not be so bad, and Zardari will be almost 80 years old in 3 elections. Hopefully by then, he won't have that much involvement in the party.

Outside of the scenarios you have stated though, I don't want either one of PPP or PML-N to survive. Again, PTI should establish itself as the main centre-right party, while a new progressive group of people like Jibran Nasir, AWP, Barabari party, and some good people from PPP, MQM, and ANP can form a new progressive, centre-left party in Pakistan.
    Last edited by hussain.r97; 12th August 2018 at 01:48.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PTI chief picks economy aide as team takes shape

ISLAMABAD: With the incoming government of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) gradually taking shape, party chairman Imran Khan on Saturday gave approval to a couple of more appointments after a meeting with his would-be future aides.

Prominent businessmen Aqeel Karim Dhedi and Abdul Razzaq Dawood called on Imran Khan. Former Inspector General of Police and ex-tax ombudsman Shoaib Suddle also met the PTI chairman.

According to an official announcement, Mr Dawood will be appointed adviser to the prime minister on economic affairs.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi is likely to be chosen as the minister for foreign affairs.

The party also decided to appoint Imran Ismail as governor of Sindh. It was also decided that Imran Khan will retain his National Assembly seat from Mianwali and vacate NA seats he won from Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Bannu.

The PTI will invite Pakistan Muslim League-N president Shahbaz Sharif and Pakistan Peoples Party chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari to the oath-taking ceremony of Imran Khan as prime minister. In this connection, PTI leaders Shafqat Mehmood, Asad Qaiser and Fawad Chaudhry will meet opposition party leaders on Sunday.

“We will also assure them that their grievances regarding alleged rigging in the July 25 general elections will be addressed,” PTI spokesman Fawad Chaudhry told Dawn.

Media reports said the PTI had decided to appoint Shah Farman as governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. However, there was no official confirmation.

Sources in the party said PTI leader Shireen Mazari was also eyeing the ministry of foreign affairs, but Imran Khan insisted that Mr Qureshi would be the most suitable person for the slot.

Arif Alvi was also said to be annoyed and he did not attend the party meeting at Banigala on Friday. It was learnt earlier that Mr Alvi and Shafqat Mehmood were being considered for the post of National Assembly speaker but Asad Qaiser was nominated as PTI candidate for the post. It is expected that Mr Alvi will be made president as the term of President Mamnoon Hussain will end next month.

Shehryar Afridi was eyeing the post of NA deputy speaker, but after the nomination of Asad Qaiser as speaker it will be difficult for the PTI to nominate another leader from KP for a key position.

The post of deputy speaker may be given to Munazza Hassan.

Insiders said Imran Khan had decided to appoint Babar Awan as the prime minister’s adviser on law and justice despite opposition within the party.

Talking to media, PTI leader Imran Ismail, who has been nominated as governor of Sindh, said he would make efforts to take all parties of the province on board, especially the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and the Grand Democratic Alliance.

Talking to media persons, Fawad Chaudhry said Imran Khan will nominate a party leader for the office of chief minister of Punjab in the next 48 hours. In this connection a meeting of PTI Punjab will be held on Aug 15 at Banigala.

https://dawn.com/news/1426553/pti-ch...am-takes-shape

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPP, PML-N finalise strategy for PM’s election

LAHORE: The top leadership of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Saturday finalised a joint strategy to be followed during the election of the prime minister as well as the National Assembly’s speaker and deputy speaker.

The PPP delegation comprising former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and former opposition leader in the National Assembly Syed Khursheed Shah called on PML-N president Shahbaz Sharif at his residence here in Model Town.

PML-N’s Khawaja Asif, former National Assembly speaker Ayaz Sadiq, Rana Tanvir Hussain and Khawaja Saad Rafique were also present in the meeting which lasted more than two hours.

The PPP reportedly remained non-committal about its support for the PML-N in the election of chief minister, speaker and deputy speaker in Punjab.

Punjab Assembly speaker Rana Mohammad Iqbal has emerged as the PML-N’s likely candidate for the slot of chief minister here. Hamza Shahbaz is being tipped as the possible candidate for the opposition leader in Punjab.

After the meeting, Rana Tanvir told reporters that the PML-N and PPP had worked out a joint action plan with regards to election of the prime minister, speaker and deputy speaker in the National Assembly. “The opposition is united and we will go along together both in the Centre and Punjab. We have decided to form groups that will ensure presence of MNAs-elect in the National Assembly’s first session (on Aug 13),” he said.

In reply to a question about reaching a consensus on pitching joint candidates for the slots of chief minister, speaker and deputy speakers in Punjab, Mr Hussain said: “We — the PML-N and PPP — will go together and our efforts to form government in Punjab and the numbers game is in front of everyone.”

However, a source privy to the meeting told Dawn that the two parties had finalised a joint strategy in the Centre, but could not reach a consensus in Punjab.

“The PPP, which has six MPAs-elect in Punjab, is in two minds over voting for PML-N candidates for chief minister, speaker and deputy speaker or abstain from voting at all. Shahbaz Sharif requested the PPP leaders to vote for his candidates and also do aggressive politics along with it. The PPP leaders remained non-committal,” he added.

Shahbaz Sharif is the joint candidate of the PML-N, PPP, ANP and MMA against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf chairman Imran Khan for the slot of prime minister. In Punjab, neither the PTI nor PML-N has revealed its candidates for the slots of chief minister, speaker and deputy speaker.

“Shahbaz Sharif today discussed the names of Rana Iqbal and his son Hamza for the slots of chief minister and opposition leader, respectively, with other party leaders. And it is likely that both of them will be the final PML-N candidates for the top offices,” he said.

The PTI is expected to finalise its candidate for chief minister within the next 48 hours. Among others, the names of Mian Aslam Iqbal, Sibtain Khan and Hussain Dareshak are doing the rounds. Former chief minister Pervaiz Elahi has been nominated as the joint PTI-PML-Q candidate for the Punjab Assembly speaker’s slot.

Later in the day, Shahbaz Sharif presided over a meeting of PML-N’s women MPAs-elect on reserved seats and directed them to do aggressive politics from opposition benches in the Punjab Assembly. This direction has confirmed that the party has lost hope of forming the government in Punjab.

Talking to Dawn after the meeting, PML-N MPA-elect Uzma Bokhari said: “Shahbaz Sharif has directed all women MPAs-elect to come to the House with full preparation and give a tough time to the PTI in Punjab. He told them to bring forth the real face of the PTI before the people and keep an eye on every step it takes in Punjab where the PML-N carried out unprecedented development during the last 10 years,” she said.

Ms Bokhari further said the PML-N president told the women lawmakers that their vote should go to the party candidates for chief minister, speaker and deputy speaker positions.

According to a party insider, Shahbaz Sharif wanted to nominate Hamza for the slot of opposition leader in the Punjab Assembly and had sought Nawaz Sharif’s approval during his meeting with the incarcerated former premier at Adiala jail on Thursday.

“There has been a debate in the party, especially the Nawaz camp which is not in favour of Hamza being nominated for the opposition leader slot since his father has already been nominated as the joint candidate of opposition for the post of prime minister. The father in the Centre and son in Punjab will earn a lot of flak within and outside the party. But Shahbaz Sharif does not want to leave the party reins in Punjab to someone else,” he added.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426555/pp...r-pms-election

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

― Imran Khan

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So overseas Pakistanis confirmed to being given voting rights in upcoming by elections.

Any of you from the vacated constituencies gonna vote?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So overseas Pakistanis confirmed to being given voting rights in upcoming by elections.

Any of you from the vacated constituencies gonna vote?
    I would be able to vote on the NA-243 seat, but I don't have an up to date NICOP card. Not sure if I can get it renewed on time or not. Also, what would the voting system be like? The Pakistan High Commission is in Wellington, but hardly any Pakistanis live there. The vast majority of Pakistanis live in Auckland and Hamilton.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ISLAMABAD .: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf’s (PTI) upcoming government will be heavily dependent on seven smaller parties as the final tally of seats of Imran Khan’s party in the National Assembly is almost equal to the combined strength of three main opposition groups.

The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Saturday notified the members on reserved seats for women and non-Muslims in the National Assembly and four provincial assemblies proportionate to the number of seats different political parties won through direct election on July 25.

After the addition of reserved seats, the PTI has 158 seats in the National Assembly. It had won 116 seats in the polls and nine independents joined the PTI later. The PTI has got 28 reserved seats for women and five for non-Muslims.

However, it will have to vacate six seats — four out of five won by Imran Khan and one each by Sarwar Khan and Major (retd) Tahir Sadiq respectively – at the time of oath taking scheduled for August 13 (tomorrow).

Over two dozen independents notify ECP on joining PTI

Till the by-polls are held on those seats, the PTI would actually have 152 seats of its own in the lower house of parliament which elects the prime minister. There are 60 reserved seats for women and 10 for non-Muslims in the 342-member National Assembly.

Among the opposition parties, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has 82 seat after the addition of 18 reserved seats — including 16 for women and two for non-Muslims, the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has 53 seat with the addition of 11 reserved seats — nine for women and two for non-Muslims.

The Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) now has 15 seats after the addition of three reserved seats — two for women and one for non- Muslim.

The combined strength of those three parties will be 150 — only two less than the PTI’s own strength at the time of formation of the government next week.

The PTI will be relying on seven parties to form the government. Those parties have the combined strength of 27 members.

ECP orders re-polling for K-P constituency

With addition of reserved seats, the Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) would have seven seats, the Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) five, the Grand Democratic Alliance (GDA) three, the Balochistan National Party (BNP) four, the Awami Muslim League and Jamori Watan Party one each.

The PML-Q has won four general seats and one women seat has been allocated to it. But, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, who had won two seats of the National Assembly, has opted to contest for the office of the Punjab Assembly speaker. Now both of his NA seats would fall vacant.

This means around 25 members of these parties will be there at the time of election of prime minister, speaker and deputy speaker. Elections were postponed at two NA constituencies – NA 60 Rawalpindi and NA-103 Faisalabad – while results are withheld at NA-215 Sanghar due to litigation.

Punjab Assembly

In the 371-member Punjab Assembly, the PTI is leading with 179 seats followed by the PML-N with 164 seats, the PML-Q with 10 seats and the PPP with seven seats. There are four independent candidates in the provincial legislature.

Elections were postponed in three constituencies and results of another three are withheld due to pending litigation. There are 66 reserved seats for women and eight for non-Muslims in the provincial legislature.

The PTI had won 119 seats through direct election, while 23 MPAs joined it later. Now on the basis of its 142 seats, it has been allocated 33 women’s seats and four non-Muslim’s seats.

The PML-N had won 129 seats while one independent candidate had joined it later. It has been allocated 30 women and four non-Muslim seats.

The PML-Q won seven general seats while one independent candidate joined it later. It has been allocated two women reserved seats. The PPP had won six general seats and one women seat has been given to it.

President summons NA session on August 13

Sindh Assembly

In the 168-member Sindh Assembly, the PPP is leading with a total of 97 seats. The PTI has 30 seats, the MQM 21, the GDA 13, the Tehreek-e-Labaik Pakistan (TLP) three and the MMA one seat. In the Sindh Assembly, there are 29 seats reserved for women and nine for non-Muslims.

The PPP had won 75 seats through direct election. It has been allotted 17 women’s and five non-Muslim seats. The PTI had won 23 seats. It has been allocated five women’s seats and two non-Muslim seats.

The MQM had won 16 general seats; it has been allocated four women’s and one non-Muslim seat. The GDA had won 10 seats. It has been allocated two women’s and one non-Muslim seats. The TLP had won two general seats and it has been allocated one reserved seat for women.

Elections were postponed in one constituency of PS-87-Malir Karachi, while results are withheld in two constituencies – PS-48 Mirpurkhas and PS-54 Tharparkar – due to litigation.

K-P Assembly

In the 124-member Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, the PTI is leading with 84 seats. The MMA has 13 seats, the ANP nine, the PML-N six, the PPP five and the PML-Q one seat. Election was postponed at two constituencies – PK-78 Peshawar and PK-99 DI Khan.

Election results are withheld in one constituency – PK-23 Shangla – where the number of women voters was less than 10 per cent of the total votes. The PTI had won 64 general seats while two independent candidates joined it later. It has been allocated 16 women’s and two non-Muslim seats.

The MMA won 10 general seats. It has been allocated two women’s and one non-Muslim seats.

Balochistan Assembly

In the 65-member Balochistan Assembly, the Balochistan Awami Party has 20 seats, the MMA 10, the BNP-M 10, the PTI seven, the ANP four and the BNP-Awami two. The PML-N, JWP, PkMAP and HDP have one seat each in the provincial legislature.

Elections were postponed in one constituency while results of two constituencies are withheld. The provincial assembly has 11 seats reserved for women and three for non-Muslim.

The BAP had won 15 general seats. It has been allocated four women’s and one non-Muslim seats. The MMA had won seven general seats. It has been allocated two women’s and one non-Muslim seats. The BNP-M had won seven general seats; it has been allocated two women’s and one non-Muslim seats.

The PTI had won five general seats while one independent candidate joined it. The PTI has been allocated one seat reserved for women. The ANP had won three general seats. It has been allocated one seat reserved for women. One seat for women is yet to be allocated.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1778931...erved-seats-n/

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few years from now, I see PTI having an executive committee where 2/3rd members will be the ones who won't contest elections but have key roles in decision making and ticket allocations. Members like Arif Alvi, Ch Sarwar, PK, NuH, Dr Yasmeen.
    May be SMQ and Asad Umar also.

Still need 1/3rd members from assemblies.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I personally don't agree with this. I strongly believe that we are going to see a change in the way people vote, and I think Pakistani politics will become less personality centric than it is now.

I see the likes of Asad Umar, Yasmin Rashid, Zartaj Gul, Faisal Vawda, Hammad Azhar, etc going far. I think one of them will succeed Imran Khan, and we will see an era where people vote for PTI on ideology and what they stand for, similar to how Karachi have been voting for MQM for so long.

Remember that PTI stand for nazryati politics, not personality politics. And in fact, look at all the seats PTI won, the vast majority were won by genuine ideological party workers, almost all of the so called "electables" lost their seats. I have high hopes that Pakistan's political culture will change for the better now.

― Imran Khan

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf on Saturday nominated Haleem Adil Sheikh as its candidate for leader of the opposition in the Sindh Assembly, who within hours of the announcement won support from party allies Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and Grand Democratic Alliance.

After the party decision, Mr Sheikh met leaders of the MQM and GDA at their offices, who pledged to support the PTI leader unconditionally. At the MQM-Pakistan’s office, Mr Sheikh said that the Sindh Assembly would experience the strongest opposition it had seen over the last 15 years.

“We want this partnership and understanding to continue at the provincial level as well,” he said.

“I am grateful to the leadership of MQM-Pakistan and GDA, who came up with supportive and positive reactions. I have already met Pir Pagara and other leaders of GDA. This alliance would be for the betterment of Sindh and democracy,” the PTI leader said.

Khawaja Izhar-ul-Hasan of the MQM-P said that the decision to support Mr Sheikh was continuation of his party’s long-term partnership with the PTI. He said that despite reservations over the results of election 2018 in Karachi, the MQM-P had joined hands with the PTI for the betterment of Karachi and urban Sindh.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1426559
    Last edited by Arham_PakFan; 12th August 2018 at 12:14.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    I would be able to vote on the NA-243 seat, but I don't have an up to date NICOP card. Not sure if I can get it renewed on time or not. Also, what would the voting system be like? The Pakistan High Commission is in Wellington, but hardly any Pakistanis live there. The vast majority of Pakistanis live in Auckland and Hamilton.
    I’m pretty sure that you can renew your NICOP online through NADRA website. I have renewed it from there and it comes within a week although fingerprinting can be a bit complicated.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Imran Ismail will be governor Sindh.
    I am seriously confused, not that role of governor means a lot but why Imran Ismail out of all the people? He doesn't have the personality of governor and he is elected MPA which means he could've easily served better and someone else (non political well wisher of PTI) could be given this opportunity?

Having said that, if there is re election on the seat i hope PTI can support Jibran Nasir instead of giving some random person a chance.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PTI - PMLN
    PTI - PPP

Ideally, it will be Zardari less PPP and PTI but i don't see Zardari and his mafia giving up the influence any time soon. As for PTI, there are plenty of people who could take PTI forward but Imran Khan MUST hold proper elections in this tenure, he is in much better position now than 2011 and have much more experience now.

PMLN will not survive for too long as party is full of opportunists who will not stick around if PMLN can't get the power back. Their next generation is not that sharp and no one can expect anything from these Khawajas, Abid Sher Ali, Sanaullah types so future looks bleak.

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Mian @Mamoon
    WOW what a comeback, huge respect for Zohair. I surely found his video funny but i think people go over the board with these cheap jokes and he has come back as a better person than majority who were making fun of him.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    I am seriously confused, not that role of governor means a lot but why Imran Ismail out of all the people? He doesn't have the personality of governor and he is elected MPA which means he could've easily served better and someone else (non political well wisher of PTI) could be given this opportunity?

Having said that, if there is re election on the seat i hope PTI can support Jibran Nasir instead of giving some random person a chance.
    If you want MQM on board Imran Ismail is the best guy because of his friendly relations with them otherwise Naqvi and Zaidi hate MQM.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want MQM on board Imran Ismail is the best guy because of his friendly relations with them otherwise Naqvi and Zaidi hate MQM.
    I think IK recognises this and that's why he ensures he's always at the forefront of all things Sindh/Karachi related.

Faisal Vawda seems to be on good terms with them too, was at their campaign office a day before the elections telling them despite political differences they're all brothers and should work together for betterment of Karachi. This despite the fact he's seen as one of the main agitators who first spoke out against Altaf/MQM & allegedly was a marked man.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post
    Ideally, it will be Zardari less PPP and PTI but i don't see Zardari and his mafia giving up the influence any time soon. As for PTI, there are plenty of people who could take PTI forward but Imran Khan MUST hold proper elections in this tenure, he is in much better position now than 2011 and have much more experience now.

PMLN will not survive for too long as party is full of opportunists who will not stick around if PMLN can't get the power back. Their next generation is not that sharp and no one can expect anything from these Khawajas, Abid Sher Ali, Sanaullah types so future looks bleak.
    Just imagine a PPP where Aitzaz Ahsan was leader and Jibran Nasir was the heir apparent, propped up by Sherry Rehman/Nafisa Shah etc, I could never see them in bed with PMLN & right now could be huge allies of PTI in simply pushing through reforms etc.

Instead we've got Zardari and his bass less Son

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seriously turning into a big fan of Faisal Vawda, if in future PTI is in position to form Sindh government he would be my choice for Sindh CM.

You know what I realized while I was in Pak, the people of interior Sindh wanted change and they would have voted for GDA, PTI in HUGE numbers but GDA did a direct alliance with MQM and since MQM openly talks about splitting Sindh, this was unacceptable to majority of Sindhis, PTI was also in alliance with GDA and people of Sindh felt PTI would also be open to splitting Sindh as it is seen as a largely urban party. Hence they voted for PPP obviously you have plenty of "Bhutto zinda hai" types as well, but PPP's popularity is rapidly dipping in interior Sindh. Had PTI and GDA played their cards right we wouldn't have a PPP government in Sindh at the moment.

If GDA not formed an alliance with MQM before the elections pretty sure we would have had a coalition government in Sindh with GDA and PTI as major partners and MQM as junior partner along with other smaller parties.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Just imagine a PPP where Aitzaz Ahsan was leader and Jibran Nasir was the heir apparent, propped up by Sherry Rehman/Nafisa Shah etc, I could never see them in bed with PMLN & right now could be huge allies of PTI in simply pushing through reforms etc.

Instead we've got Zardari and his bass less Son
    But what about the Bhuttos...

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    But what about the Bhuttos...
    The 3 children living the ex pat life in Dubai, maybe getting their own kardashians style reality show, and the father resting at the CJ's pleasure. Win/win.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Ismael got a position too big for his stature.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's good to see old workers getting big post, even Asad Qasier is a great choice.

All the members that joined around 2011-2012 and before that are loyal to Imran Khan

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he have to vacate his MNA seat?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After PM , the next most prized job at center is Speaker NA, followed by Interior ministry. For the sake of balance one of those posts should have been allotted to some one from Sindh or Punjab. But now it seems both of these posts will be given to KPK PTI. Nevertheless, KPK PTI deserves this for their great contribution to PTI.

There are only three real meaningful ministries which are Interior, Finance and Foreign , the rest rank well below these prized jobs.

It seems all of these are settled now with Pervez Khattak as Interior, SMQ as foreign and Asad Umar as Finance minister.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Will he have to vacate his MNA seat?