Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The England and Wales Cricket Board has introduced a confidential corruption hotline to help combat match fixing.

The Cricket Integrity Line, introduced at the start of the season in association with Crimestoppers, allows players and officials to report suspicious activity anonymously.

The ECB's anti-corruption unit believes the new Hundred competition could be at specific risk.

The 100-ball tournament, which begins next summer, is reported to be on a list of formats and competitions in the sport viewed as vulnerable as could the women's game.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...at-matchfixing

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Fans can register interest for The Hundred tickets from today

The squads of eight brand-new cricket teams will be finalised on 20th October, when The Hundred’s first ever men’s player draft takes place.
    Viewers can watch British sporting history unfold live, as teams are chosen from a pool of overseas and England stars, plus the best home-grown talent.

The men’s draft will be shown live by Sky Sports from 7pm, with extensive coverage across the BBC. Both broadcasters will offer fans in-depth build up and previews in the days before, as well as post-draft reaction. It will take place at Sky Studios in west London.

Sky will build towards the draft with coverage across Sky Sports, Sky Sports News and its online and social media channels. The BBC will also offer extensive previews across its online, mobile and digital channels, as well as live reporting of the draft as it happens.

The Hundred launches in July 2020 and offers exciting 100-ball cricket featuring some of the world’s best players playing for eight teams that will be unveiled later this year. The Hundred will also feature men and women’s competitions from launch, a first for world cricket. Further details on the women’s competition will be announced in due course.
    Fans can register their interest in tickets and information from today via www.thehundred.com. Tickets go on sale in October.

Tom Harrison, ECB Chief Executive Officer said:“The Hundred is an exciting new cricket competition that we hope will grow our wonderful sport even further. Fans can enjoy some of the world’s biggest names playing for eight brand new cricket teams across men and women’s competitions. I’m sure there will be huge anticipation ahead of the first men’s players draft in October, as each of the squads are finalised live on Sky Sports and across the BBC.”

Complementing its other county and international competitions, The Hundred is being launched to offer world class cricket, with matches completed in less than 2.5 hours.

Created with the game, for the benefit of the game, the men’s and women’s Hundred competitions have the simple aim of helping to create cricket fans in our changing environment.

The ECB is currently consulting with the PCA and counties on draft mechanics and specifics and further details will be announced in due course.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Those who are stating that there is no purpose in eliminating 20 balls and it will not make any difference are missing the point.

The hundred balls is the selling point. The idea that a team will have 100 balls to score as many runs as possible is simple yet catchy.

People who are turning up their noses now will probably tune in out of curiosity just to see how it pans out and how the fielding side will utilize the 10 deliveries over.

Unlike ODIs and T20s, the focus is not on the number of overs but on the number of balls. The concept of action-packed 100 balls as opposed to X number of overs sounds refreshing.

Instead of repeating the usual “after 7 overs”, the commentators would probably state “after 42 balls”.

ECB had to do something different. IPL is the gold standard T20 cricket let alone franchise T20 cricket, and any new league is simply going to play catch up.

Instead of producing yet another cheap imitation of IPL like PSL, BPL, CPL etc., ECB with “The Hundred” that can potentially influence the future of IPL and T20 cricket in general.

This format can potentially make T20s defunct. Just like how the 60 over ODIs evolved into 50 overs, T20s can also evolve into The Hundred.

It essentially serves the same purpose as T20s but does it better - short duration and fast paced.

The 10 balls over concept is also interesting. Who wouldn’t want to see someone like Bumrah nail 10 yorkers in a row with the batting side requiring 20 of the last 10 balls?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this isn't implemented at the international level

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Former Australia batsman Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team for the inaugural season of The Hundred.

Katich, 43, is the first coach to be confirmed for the eight-team cricket tournament, which begins in July 2020. He will be assisted by current Lancashire head coach Glen Chapple and assistant coach Mark Chilton.

He played 56 Tests for Australia, scoring more than 4,000 runs, before finishing his first-class career at Lancashire in 2013.

Katich brings a wealth of coaching experience having won back-to-back Caribbean Premier League titles with the Trinbago Knight Riders (2017 and 2018) while he has served as an assistant coach with Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League since 2016.

He also captained the Perth Scorchers to their first Big Bash League title in 2014.

Katich said: “I am incredibly excited by the opportunity to lead the men's Manchester-based team in The Hundred, starting next year.

“This is a competition that is catching the eyes of the cricket world, in terms of the calibre of players and coaches it will attract, and I’m so excited to start planning and working as men's Head Coach for this new side.

“Having played at Emirates Old Trafford for two years, I know what a special place it is, and what an incredible cricket ground it has transformed into over the last decade. This competition is going to be a ground-breaking moment for cricket across the world, and I’m honoured to be part of it.”

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept , what if they had gone with the Pakistani model of departments instead with banks, airlines, railways and power generation companies.

Imagine that , NatWest v Southern Rail , or Barclays v British Airways , British Gas v Virgin Trains — ok not quite as exciting as Wapda v Sui Gas or Habib Bank v PIA. — but would be interesting for the public

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The team names are something a 5 year old could've imagined.

This is an embarassment.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Former Australia all-rounder Andrew McDonald has been appointed the Head Coach of the men’s Birmingham-based team in The Hundred.

Earlier this year McDonald (38) became the first coach to secure an Australian domestic treble, since the launch of the Big Bash, leading Melbourne Renegades to a first title, whilst also securing the Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup with his native Victoria. He also led Victoria to Sheffield Shield success in 2017.

McDonald said: “The Hundred is a tournament that’s generating interest across the globe and the opportunity to be part of it as Head Coach of the Birmingham team is something that I’m relishing.

“Being based at Edgbaston will give this team access to some of the best cricket facilities in the world, but it’s also a venue that’s very well known for its atmosphere and having such a passionate home crowd behind us will be fantastic as we look to progress through the tournament.”

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred added: “The Hundred will feature world class players on a big stage playing exciting 100 ball cricket. A year out, we’re attracting world class coaches and Andrew is a fantastic appointment for the men’s Birmingham-based team.”

McDonald will be assisted at Edgbaston by New Zealand legend Daniel Vettori, who has enjoyed spells as Head Coach of IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore, Brisbane Heat of the Big Bash, and Vitality Blast stints with Middlesex and Derbyshire Falcons.

Warwickshire First Team Coach Jim Troughton and Worcestershire First Team Coach Alex Gidman complete the Birmingham men’s team coaching staff, whilst sports analyst Dan Weston will also be part of the backroom staff as the Data Insights Manager.

Warwickshire CCC Chief Operating Officer, Craig Flindall, said: “Andrew has quickly become one of the most sought-after coaches in the game, having won multiple trophies in such a short space of time and developed relationships with many of the world’s leading players. He also boasts coaching experience in England, having spent two years with Leicestershire.

“We went through a very comprehensive selection process and spoke to several outstanding coaches, who have vast experience of the international game, in addition to marquee T20 tournaments. However, Andrew was the standout candidate amongst this group and everyone is looking forward to welcoming him to Edgbaston to represent our men’s team in The Hundred.”

Matt Rawnsley, Chief Executive of Worcestershire County Cricket Club, said: “We welcome Andrew to the region. I'm sure the players and coaches involved in the Birmingham men’s team will learn a lot from him and Daniel, both have a wealth of experience in the game, which will be invaluable to all around them."

McDonald’s appointment follows the recent announcement that Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team.

The Hundred is set to provide sports fans with an exciting new 100 ball format with world-class players from England and around the world competing in men’s and women’s competitions.

The five-week tournament will be played at the height of summer and feature eight city-based teams from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic first for British sport when it is staged on Sunday, October 20. It will be shown live by Sky Sports, with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne and Lisa Keightley have been appointed as the men’s and women’s head coaches respectively for the London based team, which will comprise of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), Middlesex, Essex and Northamptonshire, ahead of the inaugural season of The Hundred.

Legendary Australia leg-spinner Warne, 49, is one of the most iconic names in world cricket while former Australia Women’s coach Keightley becomes the first female coach appointed for The Hundred.

Warne said: “I’m very proud and very honoured to be asked to be the head coach of The Hundred team based at Lord’s. The opportunity to coach in a brand-new tournament and work with modern-day players is something that I will really enjoy and I am looking forward to the challenge.

“This tournament will unearth some heroes and hopefully some future World Cup stars for England and other countries.”

The legendary Australia leg-spinner was captain-coach when Rajasthan Royals famously won the first-ever Indian Premier League title and hopes history can repeat itself next summer.

“I always want to be ahead of the curve because cricket benefits from innovation and that was the case in 2008 with the IPL, when I was captain-coach of the Rajasthan Royals,” he said.

“I love the concept of The Hundred and it has grabbed my attention in the same way the IPL did. We built a team from scratch with a diverse range of players from different backgrounds and ages and I can’t wait to build the same mix of players to entertain the fans who come down to Lord’s for The Hundred.”

Keightley ensured her place in cricketing folklore in 1998 when she became the first female player to score a century at Lord’s while playing for Australia, in a one-day international against England.

The 47-year-old was the first female coach of the Australian Women’s team and was England Women’s Academy head coach before returning home to coach Western Australia and the Perth Scorchers in the Women’s Big Bash League.

Talking about her appointment, Keightley said: “It is an honour to be appointed as the first female coach for The Hundred and to be a part of a tournament that is set to showcase the best women’s players from around the world.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a coach in England and the prestige and opportunity of this role made it an easy decision for me to come back.”

Guy Lavender, Chief Executive & Secretary of MCC said: “Over the last few months we have been determined to bring the best head coaches on board to lead our teams for The Hundred. Shane Warne has been closely linked to the Home of Cricket for many years and will bring his undoubted cricketing prowess, as well as his IPL-winning coaching experience. Lisa Keightley is an exceptional coach who will bring her strong track record to our team.

“We have two world-class coaches that we believe will be an excellent combination and who we are thrilled to be working with.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of The Hundred, said: “It’s great to announce the first of our women’s head coaches and to welcome two legends of the game to the competition.

Having two stars like Shane and Lisa involved is another big step forward for The Hundred and shows the excitement that the competition is generating across the world game.”

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100 ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The tournament is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and free-to-air on the BBC with eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic occasion for British sport when it is the first major draft to be held in this country on Sunday, October 20.

The men’s Player Draft will be shown live by Sky Sports with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    World Cup winning coaches Gary Kirsten and Matthew Mott have been appointed to lead the men’s and women’s teams respectively for the Cardiff-based team in The Hundred.

Kirsten, 51, coached India to the 2011 World Cup on home soil while Mott, who oversaw Australia’s recent women’s Ashes victory, was in charge when the side won the World Twenty20 last year.

Kirsten’s coaching resume includes guiding both India and his native South Africa to the top of the ICC men’s Test rankings and has coached in both the Indian Premier League and Big Bash League.

Gary Kirsten said: “To be involved in English and Welsh cricket from a coaching perspective is something that I have never done. It’s great to be given that opportunity and to come to Cardiff.

“This is a new format that I am sure will grow and grow. The real win is that it will grab the attention of families and expose the game of cricket to as many environments and communities as possible.”

Mott will be making a return to Cardiff after he spent three seasons as coach of Glamorgan, helping the Welsh county to the 2013 Yorkshire Bank Pro 40 final.

The 45-year-old has been in charge of Australia’s women’s team since 2015.

Mott said: “Cardiff is a special place for me and my family and that was a big part in my decision to return.

“I’ve got no doubt The Hundred will be a success for the women’s game. I’ve got a young son who is a Sydney Sixers fan and he doesn’t see gender – he just sees the team. The Hundred will provide that sort of platform in England and Wales and I can’t speak highly enough of what that can mean for the game.”

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred, said: “It’s great to welcome two world cup winning coaches to the competition. The Hundred continues to attract some of the top coaches in the world ahead of October’s men’s Player Draft.”

Glamorgan chief executive, Hugh Morris, said: “We are delighted to secure the services of both Gary and Matthew as our head coaches and believe they are the perfect pair to lead our new teams.

“The decision on their appointments was unanimous amongst the Team Board. They were the standout candidates for the roles given their strong track records at the highest levels of the game and vast experience working with international stars and in T20 competitions around the world.

“Both our head coaches will have a wide remit in the role and will use their knowledge to help with our team planning and the player draft in October. They will play a leading part in shaping the style of the team and creating a positive environment and culture.

“We are all looking forward to welcoming them both to Sophia Gardens and to get started on the next stage of this exciting new competition.”

The Cardiff Head Coach appointments follow the recent announcements that Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team, Andrew Macdonald will coach the men’s team in Birmingham and Lisa Keightley and Shane Warne will coach the women’s and men’s sides respectively in London.

The Hundred is set to provide sports fans with an exciting new 100 ball format with world-class players from England and around the world competing in a men’s and women’s competitions.

The five-week tournament will be played at the height of summer and feature eight city-based teams from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic first for British sport when it is staged on Sunday, October 20. It will be shown live by Sky Sports, with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This tournament was a great idea but it is not different enough to T20.

Should have been 10 ball overs,
    where a bowler can be changed after one ball. max balls per player 20.
    Once a bowler is ready to bowl a batsman can indicate free hit. 1 once per 10 balls.
    No balls worth 20. Wides worth 10.

Hitting 6 should be worth 10. An area or target should be placed by the fielding team if it is hit by the batting team it should be worth 20. Hitting a four should be worth 6.
    singles don't count.

A batsman can buy his wicket back for 25run penalty. he/she can do this twice. You can get two wickets of one ball ie double run out, catch, run out.

A bowl out happens before every match in case of a tied match.

Matches should start at 3pm every Saturday.

LOL I think I have invented a new game!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The blast should have been on FTA

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The blast should have been on FTA
    Yep, if it was ,the Hundred would never have to have been created.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don’t hate the idea of the Hundred. I’m actually quite interested to see the new format and how the tournament will shape up.

What I’m worried about is if this will impact international cricket. Three formats is already too many.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Hazell and Lehmann sign up for The Hundred

Danielle Hazell and Darren Lehmann have been appointed as Head Coaches for the Leeds-based team for The Hundred.

The former World Cup winning coach and player Lehmann will return to the north, where he is much loved after being a key part of Yorkshire’s 2001 Specsavers County Championship winning side – their first title for 33 years. Lehmann scored more than 14,000 runs during 10 seasons at Emerald Headingley.

Durham-born Hazell represented Durham and Yorkshire across a hugely successful playing career during which she won the Ashes three times and was a part of the successful 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup-winning squad. She is the current coach of Yorkshire Diamonds in the Kia Super League.

Lehmann said: “It is going to be special to get back up north where I have so many good memories from my playing days. To go back there to coach in The Hundred is exciting and hopefully we can have some success.

“I know how passionate the fans are and they will demand that we play an entertaining brand of cricket and win. You expect that when you know the proud tradition of both Yorkshire and Durham. We want to bring in some of the best players in the world and if those players can get it right on the pitch then the competition can go through the roof.”

Hazell played her final England international in last November’s ICC Women’s World T20 final in Antigua before retiring in January and turning to coaching.

Hazell said: “Things have happened pretty quickly in my coaching career but you have to take the bull by the horns and enjoy the opportunities that come your way and make the most of them.

“It’s exciting to be involved in a massive step forward for women’s domestic cricket. This can push the game forward. After spending my career travelling around the world it is great to be back in the north and putting something back into the region and the game.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of the Hundred, said: “We are really pleased to welcome another World Cup winning coach to The Hundred. It is also great to see an opportunity for a former World Cup winning cricketer to showcase her coaching credentials in the competition.”

Mark Arthur, Yorkshire Chief Executive, said: “We were unanimous from the start, both Tim Bostock and myself, having discussed things with Martyn Moxon and Marcus North, about the two head coaches.

“Firstly, with Dani we’ve seen very early signs about the qualities that she will bring to The Hundred from the work that she has been doing with the Yorkshire Diamonds. That comes on the back of a great international career, being a local girl and having represented Yorkshire; she was the ideal candidate. She will bring great enthusiasm and knowledge of the game to The Hundred.

“Darren is a world class coach with a fantastic track record. As a player, he was regarded as one of our own. Some of the skill sets he will bring to The Hundred will stand us in very good stead. Darren has been adopted by Yorkshire and is well respected in Durham as well."

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100 ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The tournament is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and free-to-air on the BBC with eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic occasion for British sport when it is the first major draft to be held in this country on Sunday, October 20.

The men’s Player Draft will be shown live by Sky Sports with extensive coverage across the BBC.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; Yesterday at 17:18.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100-ball cricket is disgraceful. They are making a mockery out of cricket.

Too many formats can make fans overwhelmed.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    My blood boils I hear of this ridiculous farce.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another great idea, both teams could bat two innings for 100balls in one day.
    Could be a one day test match.

Maybe they could introduce this for Test matches that finish within three days, play on fourth fifth days...
    make more money....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketrenew View Post
    Another great idea, both teams could bat two innings for 100balls in one day.
    Could be a one day test match.

Maybe they could introduce this for Test matches that finish within three days, play on fourth fifth days...
    make more money....
    It will change cricket completely. I don't think die-hard and regular cricket fans will like it.

Too many formats can make fans confused and overwhelmed. We already have Test, ODI, and T20.

BANGLADESH FAN
    RAPTORS FAN
    LIVERPOOL FAN