Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The England and Wales Cricket Board has introduced a confidential corruption hotline to help combat match fixing.

The Cricket Integrity Line, introduced at the start of the season in association with Crimestoppers, allows players and officials to report suspicious activity anonymously.

The ECB's anti-corruption unit believes the new Hundred competition could be at specific risk.

The 100-ball tournament, which begins next summer, is reported to be on a list of formats and competitions in the sport viewed as vulnerable as could the women's game.

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/ne...at-matchfixing

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Fans can register interest for The Hundred tickets from today

The squads of eight brand-new cricket teams will be finalised on 20th October, when The Hundred’s first ever men’s player draft takes place.
    Viewers can watch British sporting history unfold live, as teams are chosen from a pool of overseas and England stars, plus the best home-grown talent.

The men’s draft will be shown live by Sky Sports from 7pm, with extensive coverage across the BBC. Both broadcasters will offer fans in-depth build up and previews in the days before, as well as post-draft reaction. It will take place at Sky Studios in west London.

Sky will build towards the draft with coverage across Sky Sports, Sky Sports News and its online and social media channels. The BBC will also offer extensive previews across its online, mobile and digital channels, as well as live reporting of the draft as it happens.

The Hundred launches in July 2020 and offers exciting 100-ball cricket featuring some of the world’s best players playing for eight teams that will be unveiled later this year. The Hundred will also feature men and women’s competitions from launch, a first for world cricket. Further details on the women’s competition will be announced in due course.
    Fans can register their interest in tickets and information from today via www.thehundred.com. Tickets go on sale in October.

Tom Harrison, ECB Chief Executive Officer said:“The Hundred is an exciting new cricket competition that we hope will grow our wonderful sport even further. Fans can enjoy some of the world’s biggest names playing for eight brand new cricket teams across men and women’s competitions. I’m sure there will be huge anticipation ahead of the first men’s players draft in October, as each of the squads are finalised live on Sky Sports and across the BBC.”

Complementing its other county and international competitions, The Hundred is being launched to offer world class cricket, with matches completed in less than 2.5 hours.

Created with the game, for the benefit of the game, the men’s and women’s Hundred competitions have the simple aim of helping to create cricket fans in our changing environment.

The ECB is currently consulting with the PCA and counties on draft mechanics and specifics and further details will be announced in due course.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Those who are stating that there is no purpose in eliminating 20 balls and it will not make any difference are missing the point.

The hundred balls is the selling point. The idea that a team will have 100 balls to score as many runs as possible is simple yet catchy.

People who are turning up their noses now will probably tune in out of curiosity just to see how it pans out and how the fielding side will utilize the 10 deliveries over.

Unlike ODIs and T20s, the focus is not on the number of overs but on the number of balls. The concept of action-packed 100 balls as opposed to X number of overs sounds refreshing.

Instead of repeating the usual “after 7 overs”, the commentators would probably state “after 42 balls”.

ECB had to do something different. IPL is the gold standard T20 cricket let alone franchise T20 cricket, and any new league is simply going to play catch up.

Instead of producing yet another cheap imitation of IPL like PSL, BPL, CPL etc., ECB with “The Hundred” that can potentially influence the future of IPL and T20 cricket in general.

This format can potentially make T20s defunct. Just like how the 60 over ODIs evolved into 50 overs, T20s can also evolve into The Hundred.

It essentially serves the same purpose as T20s but does it better - short duration and fast paced.

The 10 balls over concept is also interesting. Who wouldn’t want to see someone like Bumrah nail 10 yorkers in a row with the batting side requiring 20 of the last 10 balls?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this isn't implemented at the international level

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Former Australia batsman Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team for the inaugural season of The Hundred.

Katich, 43, is the first coach to be confirmed for the eight-team cricket tournament, which begins in July 2020. He will be assisted by current Lancashire head coach Glen Chapple and assistant coach Mark Chilton.

He played 56 Tests for Australia, scoring more than 4,000 runs, before finishing his first-class career at Lancashire in 2013.

Katich brings a wealth of coaching experience having won back-to-back Caribbean Premier League titles with the Trinbago Knight Riders (2017 and 2018) while he has served as an assistant coach with Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League since 2016.

He also captained the Perth Scorchers to their first Big Bash League title in 2014.

Katich said: “I am incredibly excited by the opportunity to lead the men's Manchester-based team in The Hundred, starting next year.

“This is a competition that is catching the eyes of the cricket world, in terms of the calibre of players and coaches it will attract, and I’m so excited to start planning and working as men's Head Coach for this new side.

“Having played at Emirates Old Trafford for two years, I know what a special place it is, and what an incredible cricket ground it has transformed into over the last decade. This competition is going to be a ground-breaking moment for cricket across the world, and I’m honoured to be part of it.”

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting concept , what if they had gone with the Pakistani model of departments instead with banks, airlines, railways and power generation companies.

Imagine that , NatWest v Southern Rail , or Barclays v British Airways , British Gas v Virgin Trains — ok not quite as exciting as Wapda v Sui Gas or Habib Bank v PIA. — but would be interesting for the public

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The team names are something a 5 year old could've imagined.

This is an embarassment.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Former Australia all-rounder Andrew McDonald has been appointed the Head Coach of the men’s Birmingham-based team in The Hundred.

Earlier this year McDonald (38) became the first coach to secure an Australian domestic treble, since the launch of the Big Bash, leading Melbourne Renegades to a first title, whilst also securing the Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup with his native Victoria. He also led Victoria to Sheffield Shield success in 2017.

McDonald said: “The Hundred is a tournament that’s generating interest across the globe and the opportunity to be part of it as Head Coach of the Birmingham team is something that I’m relishing.

“Being based at Edgbaston will give this team access to some of the best cricket facilities in the world, but it’s also a venue that’s very well known for its atmosphere and having such a passionate home crowd behind us will be fantastic as we look to progress through the tournament.”

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred added: “The Hundred will feature world class players on a big stage playing exciting 100 ball cricket. A year out, we’re attracting world class coaches and Andrew is a fantastic appointment for the men’s Birmingham-based team.”

McDonald will be assisted at Edgbaston by New Zealand legend Daniel Vettori, who has enjoyed spells as Head Coach of IPL franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore, Brisbane Heat of the Big Bash, and Vitality Blast stints with Middlesex and Derbyshire Falcons.

Warwickshire First Team Coach Jim Troughton and Worcestershire First Team Coach Alex Gidman complete the Birmingham men’s team coaching staff, whilst sports analyst Dan Weston will also be part of the backroom staff as the Data Insights Manager.

Warwickshire CCC Chief Operating Officer, Craig Flindall, said: “Andrew has quickly become one of the most sought-after coaches in the game, having won multiple trophies in such a short space of time and developed relationships with many of the world’s leading players. He also boasts coaching experience in England, having spent two years with Leicestershire.

“We went through a very comprehensive selection process and spoke to several outstanding coaches, who have vast experience of the international game, in addition to marquee T20 tournaments. However, Andrew was the standout candidate amongst this group and everyone is looking forward to welcoming him to Edgbaston to represent our men’s team in The Hundred.”

Matt Rawnsley, Chief Executive of Worcestershire County Cricket Club, said: “We welcome Andrew to the region. I'm sure the players and coaches involved in the Birmingham men’s team will learn a lot from him and Daniel, both have a wealth of experience in the game, which will be invaluable to all around them."

McDonald’s appointment follows the recent announcement that Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team.

The Hundred is set to provide sports fans with an exciting new 100 ball format with world-class players from England and around the world competing in men’s and women’s competitions.

The five-week tournament will be played at the height of summer and feature eight city-based teams from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic first for British sport when it is staged on Sunday, October 20. It will be shown live by Sky Sports, with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Shane Warne and Lisa Keightley have been appointed as the men’s and women’s head coaches respectively for the London based team, which will comprise of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC), Middlesex, Essex and Northamptonshire, ahead of the inaugural season of The Hundred.

Legendary Australia leg-spinner Warne, 49, is one of the most iconic names in world cricket while former Australia Women’s coach Keightley becomes the first female coach appointed for The Hundred.

Warne said: “I’m very proud and very honoured to be asked to be the head coach of The Hundred team based at Lord’s. The opportunity to coach in a brand-new tournament and work with modern-day players is something that I will really enjoy and I am looking forward to the challenge.

“This tournament will unearth some heroes and hopefully some future World Cup stars for England and other countries.”

The legendary Australia leg-spinner was captain-coach when Rajasthan Royals famously won the first-ever Indian Premier League title and hopes history can repeat itself next summer.

“I always want to be ahead of the curve because cricket benefits from innovation and that was the case in 2008 with the IPL, when I was captain-coach of the Rajasthan Royals,” he said.

“I love the concept of The Hundred and it has grabbed my attention in the same way the IPL did. We built a team from scratch with a diverse range of players from different backgrounds and ages and I can’t wait to build the same mix of players to entertain the fans who come down to Lord’s for The Hundred.”

Keightley ensured her place in cricketing folklore in 1998 when she became the first female player to score a century at Lord’s while playing for Australia, in a one-day international against England.

The 47-year-old was the first female coach of the Australian Women’s team and was England Women’s Academy head coach before returning home to coach Western Australia and the Perth Scorchers in the Women’s Big Bash League.

Talking about her appointment, Keightley said: “It is an honour to be appointed as the first female coach for The Hundred and to be a part of a tournament that is set to showcase the best women’s players from around the world.

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time as a coach in England and the prestige and opportunity of this role made it an easy decision for me to come back.”

Guy Lavender, Chief Executive & Secretary of MCC said: “Over the last few months we have been determined to bring the best head coaches on board to lead our teams for The Hundred. Shane Warne has been closely linked to the Home of Cricket for many years and will bring his undoubted cricketing prowess, as well as his IPL-winning coaching experience. Lisa Keightley is an exceptional coach who will bring her strong track record to our team.

“We have two world-class coaches that we believe will be an excellent combination and who we are thrilled to be working with.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of The Hundred, said: “It’s great to announce the first of our women’s head coaches and to welcome two legends of the game to the competition.

Having two stars like Shane and Lisa involved is another big step forward for The Hundred and shows the excitement that the competition is generating across the world game.”

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100 ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The tournament is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and free-to-air on the BBC with eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic occasion for British sport when it is the first major draft to be held in this country on Sunday, October 20.

The men’s Player Draft will be shown live by Sky Sports with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    World Cup winning coaches Gary Kirsten and Matthew Mott have been appointed to lead the men’s and women’s teams respectively for the Cardiff-based team in The Hundred.

Kirsten, 51, coached India to the 2011 World Cup on home soil while Mott, who oversaw Australia’s recent women’s Ashes victory, was in charge when the side won the World Twenty20 last year.

Kirsten’s coaching resume includes guiding both India and his native South Africa to the top of the ICC men’s Test rankings and has coached in both the Indian Premier League and Big Bash League.

Gary Kirsten said: “To be involved in English and Welsh cricket from a coaching perspective is something that I have never done. It’s great to be given that opportunity and to come to Cardiff.

“This is a new format that I am sure will grow and grow. The real win is that it will grab the attention of families and expose the game of cricket to as many environments and communities as possible.”

Mott will be making a return to Cardiff after he spent three seasons as coach of Glamorgan, helping the Welsh county to the 2013 Yorkshire Bank Pro 40 final.

The 45-year-old has been in charge of Australia’s women’s team since 2015.

Mott said: “Cardiff is a special place for me and my family and that was a big part in my decision to return.

“I’ve got no doubt The Hundred will be a success for the women’s game. I’ve got a young son who is a Sydney Sixers fan and he doesn’t see gender – he just sees the team. The Hundred will provide that sort of platform in England and Wales and I can’t speak highly enough of what that can mean for the game.”

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred, said: “It’s great to welcome two world cup winning coaches to the competition. The Hundred continues to attract some of the top coaches in the world ahead of October’s men’s Player Draft.”

Glamorgan chief executive, Hugh Morris, said: “We are delighted to secure the services of both Gary and Matthew as our head coaches and believe they are the perfect pair to lead our new teams.

“The decision on their appointments was unanimous amongst the Team Board. They were the standout candidates for the roles given their strong track records at the highest levels of the game and vast experience working with international stars and in T20 competitions around the world.

“Both our head coaches will have a wide remit in the role and will use their knowledge to help with our team planning and the player draft in October. They will play a leading part in shaping the style of the team and creating a positive environment and culture.

“We are all looking forward to welcoming them both to Sophia Gardens and to get started on the next stage of this exciting new competition.”

The Cardiff Head Coach appointments follow the recent announcements that Simon Katich will coach the men’s Manchester-based team, Andrew Macdonald will coach the men’s team in Birmingham and Lisa Keightley and Shane Warne will coach the women’s and men’s sides respectively in London.

The Hundred is set to provide sports fans with an exciting new 100 ball format with world-class players from England and around the world competing in a men’s and women’s competitions.

The five-week tournament will be played at the height of summer and feature eight city-based teams from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic first for British sport when it is staged on Sunday, October 20. It will be shown live by Sky Sports, with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This tournament was a great idea but it is not different enough to T20.

Should have been 10 ball overs,
    where a bowler can be changed after one ball. max balls per player 20.
    Once a bowler is ready to bowl a batsman can indicate free hit. 1 once per 10 balls.
    No balls worth 20. Wides worth 10.

Hitting 6 should be worth 10. An area or target should be placed by the fielding team if it is hit by the batting team it should be worth 20. Hitting a four should be worth 6.
    singles don't count.

A batsman can buy his wicket back for 25run penalty. he/she can do this twice. You can get two wickets of one ball ie double run out, catch, run out.

A bowl out happens before every match in case of a tied match.

Matches should start at 3pm every Saturday.

LOL I think I have invented a new game!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4668 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The blast should have been on FTA

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The blast should have been on FTA
    Yep, if it was ,the Hundred would never have to have been created.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don’t hate the idea of the Hundred. I’m actually quite interested to see the new format and how the tournament will shape up.

What I’m worried about is if this will impact international cricket. Three formats is already too many.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Hazell and Lehmann sign up for The Hundred

Danielle Hazell and Darren Lehmann have been appointed as Head Coaches for the Leeds-based team for The Hundred.

The former World Cup winning coach and player Lehmann will return to the north, where he is much loved after being a key part of Yorkshire’s 2001 Specsavers County Championship winning side – their first title for 33 years. Lehmann scored more than 14,000 runs during 10 seasons at Emerald Headingley.

Durham-born Hazell represented Durham and Yorkshire across a hugely successful playing career during which she won the Ashes three times and was a part of the successful 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup-winning squad. She is the current coach of Yorkshire Diamonds in the Kia Super League.

Lehmann said: “It is going to be special to get back up north where I have so many good memories from my playing days. To go back there to coach in The Hundred is exciting and hopefully we can have some success.

“I know how passionate the fans are and they will demand that we play an entertaining brand of cricket and win. You expect that when you know the proud tradition of both Yorkshire and Durham. We want to bring in some of the best players in the world and if those players can get it right on the pitch then the competition can go through the roof.”

Hazell played her final England international in last November’s ICC Women’s World T20 final in Antigua before retiring in January and turning to coaching.

Hazell said: “Things have happened pretty quickly in my coaching career but you have to take the bull by the horns and enjoy the opportunities that come your way and make the most of them.

“It’s exciting to be involved in a massive step forward for women’s domestic cricket. This can push the game forward. After spending my career travelling around the world it is great to be back in the north and putting something back into the region and the game.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of the Hundred, said: “We are really pleased to welcome another World Cup winning coach to The Hundred. It is also great to see an opportunity for a former World Cup winning cricketer to showcase her coaching credentials in the competition.”

Mark Arthur, Yorkshire Chief Executive, said: “We were unanimous from the start, both Tim Bostock and myself, having discussed things with Martyn Moxon and Marcus North, about the two head coaches.

“Firstly, with Dani we’ve seen very early signs about the qualities that she will bring to The Hundred from the work that she has been doing with the Yorkshire Diamonds. That comes on the back of a great international career, being a local girl and having represented Yorkshire; she was the ideal candidate. She will bring great enthusiasm and knowledge of the game to The Hundred.

“Darren is a world class coach with a fantastic track record. As a player, he was regarded as one of our own. Some of the skill sets he will bring to The Hundred will stand us in very good stead. Darren has been adopted by Yorkshire and is well respected in Durham as well."

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100 ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The tournament is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and free-to-air on the BBC with eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

The men’s Player Draft is set to provide an historic occasion for British sport when it is the first major draft to be held in this country on Sunday, October 20.

The men’s Player Draft will be shown live by Sky Sports with extensive coverage across the BBC.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 20th August 2019 at 18:18.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100-ball cricket is disgraceful. They are making a mockery out of cricket.

Too many formats can make fans overwhelmed.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    My blood boils I hear of this ridiculous farce.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another great idea, both teams could bat two innings for 100balls in one day.
    Could be a one day test match.

Maybe they could introduce this for Test matches that finish within three days, play on fourth fifth days...
    make more money....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricketrenew View Post
    Another great idea, both teams could bat two innings for 100balls in one day.
    Could be a one day test match.

Maybe they could introduce this for Test matches that finish within three days, play on fourth fifth days...
    make more money....
    It will change cricket completely. I don't think die-hard and regular cricket fans will like it.

Too many formats can make fans confused and overwhelmed. We already have Test, ODI, and T20.

LIONEL MESSI FAN
    Find PakPassion on Twitter: @PakPassion

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Two greats of the game sign up for The Hundred

Charlotte Edwards and Mahela Jayawardena have been appointed as the Head Coaches for the Southampton-based team in The Hundred.

Mahela will be joined by Shane Bond, the bowling coach at Mumbai Indians and current Head Coach at Sydney Thunder, alongside former Hampshire cricketer Jimmy Adams and former England and Bangladesh assistant coach Richard Halsall.

A true legend of women’s cricket, Charlotte Edwards made a record 309 appearances for her country and retired from the international game in 2016 having captained England to the World Cup and World T20 double in 2009 as well as three Ashes series victories, winning five in total. Edwards led Southern Vipers to the inaugural KSL title and took over as Director of Women’s Cricket at Hampshire Cricket in 2018 encompassing both the county side and Southern Vipers.

One of the all-time greats of world cricket, Jayawardena scored over 10,000 runs in Tests and ODIs for Sri Lanka in an 18-year international career that saw him win the T20 World Cup as well as reach the finals of fifty-over World Cup in 2007 and 2011, the former as captain. His coaching career has seen him win two IPL titles in 2017 and 2019 as Head Coach of the Mumbai Indians. He returns to the South having represented Sussex in the T20 Blast in 2015.

Jayawardena said, “The Hundred is an innovative and exciting new tournament and it is a great privilege to be Head Coach of the Southampton-based team. I’ve played international and county cricket at Southampton, it’s a great place and I’m looking forward to going back.

“I am delighted to be working alongside Shane Bond and some of the talented coaches from both Sussex and Hampshire.

“I think The Hundred will interest the world’s best players because England is a great place to play cricket. The structure of the tournament is good and that means most of the guys will put their name in the hat because this is a tournament that excites them.”

Edwards said, “I am really excited to be part of The Hundred. It’s my first Head Coach role and I think it’s the right time. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from coaching overseas and working with the Southern Vipers. It’s my time to have a go and see what I can do, I’m really excited by the opportunity and by The Hundred more generally.

“I think The Hundred is going to have a positive impact on the game at a grassroots level. I’m really looking forward to being there from the start and watching it all unfold. It’s really exciting because I’ve been to Australia and seen the impact the Big Bash has had and you just feel like we can do exactly that and more.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of the Hundred said, “It is very pleasing to welcome two genuine greats of the game to The Hundred. Both Charlotte and Mahela have won almost everything possible during their careers and show the quality of coaches the tournament is attracting.”

Mark Nicholas, the newly-appointed Chairman of the Southampton-based team said, “Having spent 15 years working with Chance to Shine to ensure that more children embrace cricket, I strongly believe that The Hundred will help to attract both new and existing audiences. I’m delighted to lead the joining forces of the two counties that have meant the most to me in my life: Sussex, the team I fanatically supported in my childhood, and Hampshire, the club I was with for 18 years.

“We are proud to be one of the chosen franchises in The Hundred. We mean business, as proven by the early recruitment of Mahela Jayawardena, Charlotte Edwards and Shane Bond and will look to their vast experience both on and off the field to guide us on a path to success.”

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100-ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

It will be shown live by Sky Sports with extensive coverage across the BBC.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They still have time to cancel this... Please cancel it...

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    They still have time to cancel this... Please cancel it...
    The beauty of the free market is that if there is no demand for it, it will get cancelled on its own. No outside encouragement necessary.

But let the market forces determine things. Who knows, perhaps there is demand in England for the short form the game.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Fans will be able to watch cricketing history unfold live, as eight brand new men’s teams are chosen from some of the world’s best players. The Draft will ensure an even spread of players across each team, including England’s Test cricketers and ICC Men’s World Cup winners, the best First-Class Cricketers and international stars, as well as some of the best players from around the world. The result will be eight brand new teams, who’ll go head-to-head in the new competition in July 2020.

The men’s player Draft for The Hundred will be completed in two stages, culminating with the main event on Sunday 20 October. The first stage of The Draft will take place at the start of October where teams will select up to three players in their squads. Each team will pick at least one England red ball contracted player and teams with one or more England Test player in their catchment area will be able to pick their preferred player.

The final red ball contracted players will be selected by teams without a player in their catchment area until every side has one England Test player. Remaining players will then be allocated to their local team. Teams also have the option to negotiate with and select two local ‘icon’ players from within their catchment.

In advance of the main event on 20 October, a draw will determine the order in which each team will pick their players. Teams will pick in the order they were drawn. The team that is drawn to pick first will select first in the opening round, last in the second round and so on through the 14 rounds of The Draft. Each team will have a maximum of 100 seconds for each player selection.

Where a local icon player has been pre-selected, the team will skip that turn in The Draft, having already secured their player in that round. Teams will be able to select a maximum of three overseas players while there is no limit to the number of players from any county or country.

The main Draft will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and covered extensively by the BBC. Both broadcasters will offer fans in-depth build-up and previews in the days before, as well as post-draft reaction.

Following The Draft each team will have the opportunity for a final ‘Wildcard’ pick, to be chosen during next year’s Vitality Blast. As a result, eight high-performing Blast players will also have the opportunity to join one of the teams.

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of The Hundred commented: “The men’s player Draft will be a historic moment for the game, with fans able to find out which world-class players will be representing their team in The Hundred. We are set to have eight brilliant, evenly matched new cricket teams that will inspire existing and new fans.”

The Women's Competition will have a bespoke player selection process with players selected across a two-stage, open-market system. In the first, each team will sign two players from the current England Women’s central contract list. Stage two will see each team sign the remaining 13 players from across three different pools: the remaining England Women’s centrally contracted players (x1), overseas players (x3) and domestic players.

The Hundred is a new and exciting 100-ball format that is set to launch in July next year with the men’s and women’s tournaments to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The tournament is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and on the BBC with eight city-based teams, based in Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Think the Cardiff based team (Western Fire?) may feel a bit robbed given they'll presumably have to have Leach and the Leeds team (Northern Superchargers?) will most probably have Root or Stokes and Bairstow.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to make the sport more attracting they shortening the game, and quickening up the pace. if this does really take off i dont see t20s making it any further.

im not a fan of this 100 ball game. but id like to see how it pans out. i think we all know test cricket can only last if there is money coming in from other formats.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this format doesnt touch the intl. game but it is good for raising the profile of the domestic game and it will be a good introductory format for new cricket viewers which is something the ECB needed to do desperately.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Salliann Briggs and Stephen Fleming have been appointed as head coaches for the Nottingham-based team in The Hundred.

Former New Zealand captain Fleming is the most successful coach in the history of the Indian Premier League, winning three titles with the Chennai Super Kings. He returns to Trent Bridge where he skippered Nottinghamshire to the 2005 County Championship title.

Grimsby-born Briggs was coach of Loughborough Lightning from 2016 to 2018 and led her team to Kia Super League Finals Day for the first time in 2016. She is currently coach of the Hobart Hurricanes in the Women’s Big Bash League in Australia.

Fleming said: “I am looking forward to returning to Nottingham. It was a special part of my career and it allowed me to fall back in love with the game. My memories with Nottingham and Trent Bridge are outstanding.”

Fleming is regarded as one of the most tactically astute minds in world cricket and said the knowledge of his assistant coaches, who will be announced soon, will play a central part of his preparation for the inaugural season and the Men’s Player Draft on Sunday, October 20.

Fleming said: “I’m really looking forward to working with some of the talented local coaches.You really have to be on your game from the first pick in The Draft and make sure you get players that represent what you stand for and how you want to play. Having local coaches is a massive part of that – working with our three counties - to tap into their knowledge of the players.”

Briggs said: “It’s a great opportunity and I’m really looking forward to getting started and building the team.

“When The Hundred was first announced I was struck by how it was different from the IPL and the Big Bash and I thought it was a great idea to create something different from those tournaments, rather than attempt to compete with them.

“Since then you look at the coaches who are getting involved – and it looks as if the best players want to be involved as well – and it just feels like we’re set to be involved in a really good competition.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of The Hundred said, “Stephen is the most successful coach in IPL history and Salliann has made a real impact at the Loughborough Lightning over the past few years. It is great to have their knowledge and expertise as part of the first year of The Hundred.”

The Hundred is a new 100-ball format that is set to launch next summer with the men’s and women’s competitions to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The competition is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and the BBC.

It will feature eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Lydia Greenway and Tom Moody have been appointed as the head coaches of the Oval-based team for The Hundred next summer.

Moody has established a reputation as one of the world’s pre-eminent coaches at international and domestic level having led Sri Lanka to the 2007 ICC Men’s World Cup final and more recently coaching Sunrisers Hyderabad to their first Indian Premier League title in 2016.

Greenway is a five-time Ashes winner and was a part of the England squads that won the ICC Women’s World Cup and Women’s World T20 in 2009.

The 34-year-old has served a Kent Women’s head coach and is looking forward to working with the world’s best players as well as developing homegrown talent.

Greenway said: “Coaching is something that I’m hugely passionate about. When you’re working with players who want to get better and improve all of the time, that’s special.

“I feel extremely privileged to have this chance. It’s an opportunity to work with the best players in the country and the best players from around the world, which is really exciting.

“The Hundred will provide a platform for domestic players to step forward and make their case for selection on a stage that is as close to international cricket as you can get.”

Moody is the final coaching appointment for the eight men’s teams in The Hundred, following the announcements of Stephen Fleming (Nottingham), Mahela Jayawardena (Southampton), Simon Katich (Manchester), Gary Kirsten (Cardiff), Darren Lehmann (Leeds), Andrew McDonald (Birmingham) and Shane Warne (Lord’s).

The list includes the coaches of the past four IPL champions and the 2011 and 2015 ICC Men’s World Cup winners.

Moody believes the new challenge of the 100-ball format has been a major drawcard for the world’s best coaches.

Moody said: “Anything that is new and is innovative has an automatic appeal. From a coaching perspective it presents new challenges to test yourself against in a world-class environment. To be a part of the early stages of a tournament where you have the opportunity to set the tone around what the 100-ball format will look like is a unique opportunity.

“Drawing on the knowledge of the local coaches will be critical. That opportunity works the other way where, as head coaches, we can pass on our knowledge from other tournaments, which will hopefully be beneficial for all of the assistant coaches.”

Sanjay Patel, Managing Director of The Hundred said, “I am thrilled to welcome two more exciting coaches to The Hundred. Lydia is another up-and-coming English coach while Tom completes the massively exciting men’s head coach list. It is a line-up bursting with quality coaches who have won white-ball tournaments across the world.”

The Hundred is a new 100-ball format that is set to launch next summer with the men’s and women’s competitions to run concurrently over a five-week period.

The competition is set to attract some of the world’s best players and will be broadcast live on Sky Sports and the BBC.

It will feature eight city-based clubs, from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing how ECB is going about creating these new formats (they invented t20, and now this) I am starting to feel they are following Pakistani local ground cricket. We have been way ahead of our times and invented all this ** back in the 70s and 80s, playing 10-15 over cricket.

Nothing new about this whole Schtick for us. I grew up playing this sort of cricket. Haha

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness though, they should try something completely out of the box. Like two innings LOIs. This was tried back in the 90s and failed but I have a feeling will work now. Each innings of 20 overs.. or one of 20 and the other 25-30.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    England's World Cup-winning captain Eoin Morgan, West Indies batsman Chris Gayle and Australia's Steve Smith have made themselves available for The Hundred player draft on 20 October.

The inaugural 100-ball competition, which is comprised of eight city-based teams, takes place next summer from 17 July-16 August.

Other big names to have stated their interest include Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan, Australia opener David Warner and former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi.

England's contracted Test players such as Joe Root, Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer are not on the list because they will be part of an initial draft for England's red-ball cricketers on Thursday.

In that mini draft, teams will select up to three players, with the Leeds-based side, for instance, having to choose between Root, Stokes and Jonny Bairstow as their first pick.

They will also have the opportunity to select local icons. The eight teams will be based in London (two teams), Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Cardiff and Southampton.

The main draft will be held later this month and among the other international cricketers to have made themselves available for the competition are Shakib Al Hasan, Moeen Ali, Babar Azam, Tom Curran, Quinton de Kock, Faf du Plessis, Aaron Finch, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Kagiso Rabada, Jason Roy, Mitchell Starc and Kane Williamson.

Players are able to set a reserve price for their services, with each team having two spaces in their squad in each of the following pay brackets: £125,000, £100,000, £75,000, £60,000, £50,000, £40,000 and £30,000.

England limited-overs captain Morgan is a vocal supporter of the new competition, which will see live cricket return to the BBC.

Speaking earlier in the summer, Morgan said: "The Hundred, yes, I do think we need it. We need one franchise-based tournament, with fewer teams, in order to consistently sell the game to the country.

"Anybody I speak to who loves sport but doesn't necessarily love cricket is crying out for a tournament that he or she understands, because 18 teams going for a long period of time just doesn't make sense to anybody."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/49887057

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    England men’s and women’s World Cup winning players, including Joe Root, Heather Knight, Ben Stokes, Nat Sciver and Jofra Archer, have officially been selected for the eight new teams in 100 ball cricket competition, The Hundred.

For the men’s competition, England Test captain Joe Root has joined Trent Rockets while England’s star bowler of the summer Jofra Archer has joined Southern Brave. All-rounder Ben Stokes will return to Headingley, the scene of his summer Ashes exploits, and join Northern Superchargers. The players were selected in the first stage of The Hundred Draft , which culminates live on Sky, on 20th October.

The eight teams in the women’s competition have also picked their first players, each announcing two of the centrally contracted England Women players in the first stage of the player selection process. England captain Heather Knight will skipper London Spirit. Anya Shrubsole – Knight’s vice-captain for England – will join up with Danni Wyatt at Southern Brave. Nat Sciver will join Trent Rockets, alongside Katherine Brunt, and Manchester Originals welcome Sophie Ecclestone, the ICC’s Emerging Player of the Year for 2018.

Also revealed are the identities and kits for the eight teams, which will each be sponsored by a different KP Snacks brand, in their role as Official Team Partner.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 569
Size:  63.3 KB

England Men’s Test captain, Joe Root commented: “I’m incredibly excited to play for the Trent Rockets in The Hundred. This year has been monumental for cricket and we have seen achievements like never before. The best players in the world are coming here to compete and we’re going to get the chance to test ourselves against them once again. There has never been a more exciting time for cricket.’’

England Women’s captain Heather Knight said: “I’m really excited to be representing London Spirit in the first season of The Hundred. Hopefully I’ll be able to use my experience as England captain to help the side be successful. I think 2020 is shaping up to be a really exciting year for the development of women’s cricket, and The Hundred will be central to us getting more people watching, playing and following the game.”

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred said: “We are thrilled to share the line-up of amazingly talented England and domestic players who will be starring in the men and women’s competitions for The Hundred next summer. Our ambition is to inspire the next generation to pick up a bat and ball and we hope that a fire will be ignited in young people as they see their sporting heroes play in The Hundred.”

The final stage of the The Hundred Draft is set to provide an historic first for British sport when it is staged on Sunday, October 20. It will be broadcast live on Sky One and Sky Sports, with extensive coverage across the BBC.

The five-week competition will be played at the height of summer, starting July 2020, featuring eight new city-based teams from Manchester, Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, Cardiff, Southampton and two in London (Lord’s and the Oval).

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    think ill support the phoenix but ill wait and see where the pakistani lads get selected...cant bring myself to support anyone from nottingham..

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is facing criticism from health campaigners for allowing KP Snacks to sponsor its new 100-ball tournament.

Each team in The Hundred contest will wear shirts featuring a different brand made by the company, including Skips, Hula Hoops, Butterkist, Pom-Bear and McCoy's.

Caroline Cerny, from the Obesity Health Alliance, said: "Junk food brands' sponsorship of popular sporting events is just another way they make sure their unhealthy products take centre stage in children's minds.

"We know that the relentless exposure to junk food marketing that children today are exposed to influences their food choices and how much they eat.

"Meanwhile, junk food brands benefit from the unhelpful association between their fatty, sugary products and healthy activity, but ultimately it's children's health that will pay the price."

The ECB has defended the sponsorship deal, saying KP Snacks "has unprecedented reach into the lives of all of Britain's diverse consumers".

The food company has also hit back saying it is "helping to grow cricket and encourage families to get active".

But Barbara Crowther, co-ordinator of the Children's Food Campaign, said: "Quite frankly we're stumped as to how the England and Wales Cricket Board could choose a high-fat, high-salt snacking brand as an appropriate partner for The Hundred.

"Instead of promoting a healthy lifestyle, players will now effectively look like vending machines for junk food.

"Even (English cricketer) Ben Stokes would be hard pushed in one game of The Hundred to clock up the 400 runs - or five miles - required to run off just 100g of McCoy's cheese and onion crisps.

"English cricket should be using its power in support of efforts to halve child obesity by 2030, not becoming complicit with the marketing spin of the junk food industry."

Tam Fry, spokesman for the National Obesity Forum, said Amsterdam had banned sports sponsorship by junk food firms.

He said: "In the UK, we should follow this example.

"The England and Wales Cricket Board could have found any number of rich philanthropic organisations to fund its laudable objectives.

"Sadly, it didn't, with the result that our children will shortly see their heroes turned into advertising hoardings. It's quite irresponsible and unbelievably sad."

Statistics from the National Child Measurement Programme show that almost 10% of four to five-year-olds in England are obese.

Kevin McNair, marketing director of KP Snacks, said at the launch of the partnership this month: "We're excited to be a part of revealing the designs of the official kits in the next stage of our long-term partnership with The Hundred, which aims to encourage families across the UK to be more active through cricket."

Sanjay Patel, managing director of The Hundred contest, added: "The Hundred's partnership with KP Snacks will enable us to introduce cricket to more families.

"Our collaborative goal is to demonstrate the many benefits that playing cricket has and encourage balanced, healthy and active lifestyles."

The England and Wales Cricket Board said in a statement: "Our goal for cricket is to connect communities and improve lives by inspiring people to discover and share their passion for cricket.

"Across their portfolio of brands, KP has almost unprecedented reach into the lives of all of Britain's diverse consumers and is keen to work with us to help grow the game of cricket."

The Hundred tournament, which will consist of eight city-based franchise teams, will get underway in July 2020.

https://news.sky.com/story/the-hundr...-deal-11827281

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much money do they want jezus

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stupid format. And those teams have really dumb names

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistani players in The Hundred draft list

£100,000 category: Mohammad Amir

£75,000 category: Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan

£60,000 category: Shahid Afridi, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Faheem Ashraf, Usman Khan Shinwari, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz

£50,000 category: Mohammad Abbas, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim

£40,000 category: Umar Akmal, Hasan Ali, Hussain Talat, Fakhar Zaman

No reserve price: Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Akmal, Saif Badar, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Adeel Malik, Sohaib Maqsood, Usama Mir, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Asad Shafiq, Yasir Shah, Ahmed Shehzad, Haris Sohail, Sohail Tanvir, Imam-ul-Haq, Aamer Yamin

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Pakistani players in The Hundred draft list

£100,000 category: Mohammad Amir

£75,000 category: Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan

£60,000 category: Shahid Afridi, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Faheem Ashraf, Usman Khan Shinwari, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz

£50,000 category: Mohammad Abbas, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim

£40,000 category: Umar Akmal, Hasan Ali, Hussain Talat, Fakhar Zaman

No reserve price: Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Akmal, Saif Badar, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Adeel Malik, Sohaib Maqsood, Usama Mir, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Asad Shafiq, Yasir Shah, Ahmed Shehzad, Haris Sohail, Sohail Tanvir, Imam-ul-Haq, Aamer Yamin
    Mind me asking where you got this from? Is there a full draft list available anywhere yet?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Mind me asking where you got this from? Is there a full draft list available anywhere yet?
    https://www.ecb.co.uk/about-us/media...aft-list-91019

Download document in this link

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why Amir put his name in the 100K category, he should have been smart and put his price at 75K so he is more likely to sell.

Fakhar has obviously lost confidence in himself or he's happy with smaller amounts of money.

I can't believe Hafeez thinks anyone will buy him. He hasn't performed in any leagues or international consistently for almost a year.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danyaalr01 View Post
    I wonder why Amir put his name in the 100K category, he should have been smart and put his price at 75K so he is more likely to sell.

Fakhar has obviously lost confidence in himself or he's happy with smaller amounts of money.

I can't believe Hafeez thinks anyone will buy him. He hasn't performed in any leagues or international consistently for almost a year.
    Being in the 100k category means he's got to be in the first 24 picks of the draft which you'd assume is likely as an overseas assuming he does get picked up.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar should be in the highest bracket

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great idea.

Let's make LOI cricket so ridiculous that even the last of the test haters are forced to admit it is the one and the only true form of the game. Rest all being abominations to draw cheap money.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shamaan View Post
    Babar should be in the highest bracket
    The players pick their own bracket, doubt Babar will be picked up given the schedule.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not too interested in the league, but excited for the draft later today
    Guessing 3/4 Pakistanis will be selected
    Amir and Babar more or less confirmed
    Then atleast one of Shaheen or Imad

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time is the draft?

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    What time is the draft?
    7pm BST

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    7pm BST
    Thank you.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan vs England Tests clash with the tournament so I think Babar Azam and other Test players for Pakistan won't get picked.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Draft in progress

London Spirit pick Glenn Maxwell
    Manchester Originals pick Imran Tahir
    Oval Invincibles pick Sunil Narine
    Welsh Fire pick Mitchell Starc
    Northern Superchargers pick Aaron Finch
    Southern Brave pick Andre Russell
    Trent Rockets pick Rashid Khan
    Northern Superchargers pick Mujeeb Ur Rahman
    Birmingham Phoenix pick Liam Livingstone
    Manchester Originals pick Dane Vilas
    Welsh Fire pick Steve Smith
    Southern Brave pick David Warner
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 00:55.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mujeeb ur Rehman so overrated

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Trent Rockets pick D'Arcy Short

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    First round picks (£125,000 salaries)
    Trent Rockets: Rashid Khan, D'Arcy Short

Southern Brave: Andre Russell, David Warner

Northern Superchargers: Aaron Finch, Mujeeb Ur Rahman

Welsh Fire: Mitchell Starc, Steve Smith

Oval Invincibles: Sunil Narine

Manchester Originals: Imran Tahir, Dane Vilas

London Spirit: Glenn Maxwell

Birmingham Phoenix: Liam Livingstone
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 01:01.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    archer, warner, russell, already three big names for southern.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  32edf757-949a-4adc-a7a3-bec3b742c8ef.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  167.8 KB

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    No sign of any Pakistanis so far.

I wonder if availability is an issue.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Trent Rockets pick Lewis Gregory
    Southern Brave pick Liam Dawson
    Northern Superchargers pick Chris Lynn
    Oval Invincibles pick Sam Billings
    Manchester Originals pick Phil Salt
    London Spirit pick Mohammad Nabi
    Birmingham Phoenix pick Kane Williamson
    Birmingham Phoenix pick Ravi Bopara
    London Spirit pick Mohammad Amir
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 01:11.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oval to go for babar methinks

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Shadab pick was surprising, Imad would've been a better choice

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Second round picks (£100,000)
    Trent Rockets: Lewis Gregory

Southern Brave: Liam Dawson

Northern Superchargers: Chris Lynn

Welsh Fire: (Colin Ingram and Tom Banton selected as local icons)

Oval Invincibles: Sam Billings, Sandeep Lamichhane

Manchester Originals: Phil Salt, Tom Abell

London Spirit: Mohammad Nabi, Mohammad Amir

Birmingham Phoenix: Kane Williamson, Ravi Bopara
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 01:23.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Trent Rockets pick Nathan Coulter-Nile
    Southern Brave pick Shadab Khan
    Northern Superchargers pick Adam Lyth
    Welsh Fire pick Ben Duckett
    Oval Invincibles pick Rilee Rossouw
    London Spirit pick Roelof Van Der Merwe
    Birmingham Phoenix pick Benny Howell
    Birmingham Phoenix pick Tom Helm
    London Spirit pick Mark Wood
    Welsh Fire pick Ravi Rampaul
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 01:22.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Third round picks (£75,000)
    Trent Rockets: Nathan Coulter-Nile

Southern Brave: Shadab Khan

Northern Superchargers: Adam Lyth

Welsh Fire: Ben Duckett, Ravi Rampaul

Oval Invincibles: Rilee Rossouw

London Spirit: Roelof van der Merwe, Mark Wood

Birmingham Phoenix: Benny Howell, Tom Helm

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    oval to go for babar methinks
    With Pakistan playing the T20 and Test series at the same time wouldn't be surprised if Babar goes unpicked.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    With Pakistan playing the T20 and Test series at the same time wouldn't be surprised if Babar goes unpicked.
    Gone past is base price already now.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  86.5 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st October 2019 at 01:28.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Babar & Mohammad Hafeez go unpicked

Shaheen, Afridi, Malik, Shinwari & Wahab coming up in the next round (£60k)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Yes, not picked.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahh, fair enough then i guess.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still to come from Pakistan

£60,000
    Shaheen Afridi
    Shahid Afridi
    Malik
    Shinwari
    Wahab

£50,000
    Asif Ali
    Imad Wasim
    Mohammad Abbas

£40,000
    Umar Akmal
    Hassan Ali
    Fakhar Saman
    Mohammad Hussain Galaxy

No Base Price
    Iftikhar Ahmed
    Kami
    Saif Bandar
    Mir Hamza
    Mohammad Irfan
    Junaid Khan
    Shoaib Maqsood
    Adeel Malik
    Usama Mir
    Mohammad Hamza
    Mohammad Rizwan
    Asad Shadow
    Yasir Shah
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Harris Sohail
    Sohail Tanvir
    Imam Ul Haq
    Amir Yamin

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still to come from Pakistan

£60,000
    Shaheen Afridi
    Shahid Afridi
    Malik
    Shinwari
    Wahab

£50,000
    Asif Ali
    Imad Wasim
    Mohammad Abbas

£40,000
    Umar Akmal
    Hassan Ali
    Fakhar Saman
    Mohammad Hussain Galaxy

No Base Price
    Iftikhar Ahmed
    Kami
    Saif Bandar
    Mir Hamza
    Mohammad Irfan
    Junaid Khan
    Shoaib Maqsood
    Adeel Malik
    Usama Mir
    Mohammad Hamza
    Mohammad Rizwan
    Asad Shadow
    Yasir Shah
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Harris Sohail
    Sohail Tanvir
    Imam Ul Haq
    Amir Yamin
    Since the teams are already allowed 3 overseas players I would be surprised if any of the players without the base price from Pakistan get selected.

Malik has a good chance I think - specially given his recent performance in the CPL.

It wouldn't be a massive surprise for Boom Boom Afridi to attract interest from franchises.

Imad at £50k could be a good all round signing for one of the teams.

Fakhar or Hassan at £40k wouldn't be a disastrous pick IMO but I would be a bit surprised if any of the teams chose one of them two as one of their 3 overseas players.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Imad would be a good pick.

I guess Shahid Afridi may also attract one of the teams.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Imad would be a good pick.

I guess Shahid Afridi may also attract one of the teams.
    Teams seem to have avoided commercial picks so far (the likes of Gayle for example) so think Afridi may be dodged.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaheen Afridi goes to Birmingham

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With Wahab and Amir retiring from Tests - Shaheen could be drafted into the Test team which could limit his availability next summer.

Time will tell but a good boost of confidence for Shaheen to be selected.

Shahid Afridi, Malik, Shinwari and Wahab go unpicked

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised afridi went unpicked

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A format nobody in England wants and a competition nobody needed when the Blast is selling out regularly.

Let the farce begin. Thank you ECB - what a splendid use of your cash reserves this is.