Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    She is a former doubles no.1 player and won 6 grand slams. She was world no.1 in doubles for 91 weeks, one of the longest. She twice won the WTA finals in doubles.

Average is the word thats reserved for people like Shoaib Malik.
    I agree that Shoaib is average but so is Sania. It is vastly exaggerating to call her an "international celebrity" for heaven sake. Once again she has never won a major singles title and never will. Simply not in the class of Serena Williams or past legends like Steffi Graff of Martina Navratalova. Doubles does not do anything for me where a partner is helping you. If we follow your criteria of success then Shoaib won the WC T20 and Champions Trophy with Pak too. As always your bias is clearly for all to see here.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 18th July 2021 at 10:05.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    Steph Curry is the son of Dell Curry, he's overshadowed hia father so sometimes a son can surpass his father.
    and Erling Haaland too
    So maybe the boy will solve the Pakistan middle order problem one day or maybe give Indians the glory of celebrating a Grand slam singles title
    Last edited by OMB; 18th July 2021 at 12:51.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is their kid an Indian citizen or a Pakistani?

Debut
    Sep 2019
    Venue
    Bangalore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildilpak View Post
    Indo-Pak-Dubai citizen

Virat Kohli is a modern day legend: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sania is an Indian citizen and the kid was born in India, and so will get Indian citizenship by default. Moreover Pakistan doesn't recognise dual citizenship with India.

So I think the kid, if at all he has a citizenship between both countries, it will be the Indian one. However, what I think is that they might go for a third country citizenship.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you think, IPL might have some impact on this decision?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    https://a-sports.tv/sania-mirza-announces-retirement/

Indian tennis star – Sania Mirza has decided to retire after the conclusion of the 2022 season; citing to prevent her son from travelling a lot.

Sania, on Wednesday, announced her plan to retire from the sport after finishing the current season, Indian media reported.

Sania, alongside her Ukrainian partner, Nadiia Kichenok are competing in the Women’s double category in the Australian Open. The duo, however, had an unwanted start as Sania-Nadiia faced an opening match defeat.

While talking about her retirement, Sania said she is getting older and now takes more time to recover.

“There are a few reasons for it. It’s not as simple as okay I am not going to play. I do feel my recovery is taking longer,” she said.

“I am putting my 3-year-old son at risk by travelling so much with him, that is something I have to take into account. I think my body is wearing down,” she added.

The Indian tennis star went on to say that she now struggles to find the motivation to get out of the house every day because she doesn’t have the same energy levels as she once had.