Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

India's tour of Ireland and England (2018)

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday announced the squad for the three-match ODI series against England. Virat Kohli will be leading the side while in-form Chennai Super Kings batsman Ambati Rayudu has made a comeback to the team. Rayudu is making a comeback in the team after two years. He last played an ODI for India in 2016 against Zimbabwe.

The Kings XI Punjab batsman KL Rahul has also been rewarded for his recent performances in the ongoing Indian Premier League while Delhi Daredevils new skipper and Mumbai batsman Shreyas Iyer have been included in the 17-man squad.

The selection committee has gone with two wicket-keeper batsmen that include MS Dhoni and Dinesh Karthik. The spin department comprises of Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav and Washington Sundar while the seam bowlers are Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Siddarth Kaul, Hardik Pandya and Umesh Yadav.

Hardik Pandya and Washington Sundar will also have the onus to chip in with runs as well.

Squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Ambati Rayudu, MS Dhoni(wk), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav
    Last edited by DeadBall; 8th May 2018 at 13:10.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a great ODI series, not many people would argue they are the 2 best ODI sides in the world.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rayadu and Kaul are bad selections.

Iyer is a pathetic fielder. He is batting well in IPL. But his fielding is appalling. Can't catch and his ground fielding is even more poor. Until he improves his fielding, he should not be selected.

Rest are okay. I would have liked to see Shaw or Pant in place of Rayadu/Iyer. Avesh Khan in place of Kaul. We don't need trundlers who occasionally bowl in 140's.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post

Iyer is a pathetic fielder. He is batting well in IPL. But his fielding is appalling. Can't catch and his ground fielding is even more poor. Until he improves his fielding, he should not be selected.

Rest are okay. I would have liked to see Shaw or Pant in place of Rayadu/Iyer. Avesh Khan in place of Kaul. We don't need trundlers who occasionally bowl in 140's.
    I was against Kaul as well but now think he should be given a chance. Unlike Unadkat , Kaul is doing great in slog overs with Yorkers n all. As for Iyer , i don't think he is a bad fielder generally. It is more like KP when he made his debut. He was dropping catches left ,right and center. But he was a good fielder. Anyway Iyer is astronomically better than Kedhar. And Kohli would've selected Kedhar had he not been injured.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree about Rayudu and Iyer. They are pathetic fielders and can't really rely on them. Kaul is better than Avesh Khan in my opinion. Avesh has pace, but not as smart as Kaul.

Yes! I would have enjoyed seeing Pant/Samson or Shaw in place of Rayudu or Iyer. But you know our selectors. Phew!

But one thing that made me happy is - Rahul is in and Manish Pandey is out!!! About time we make Rahul the permament opener. He's too precious and can't let him carry drinks. Hope he gets a game to play.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trundler Kaul selected ahead of Avesh. Even Siraj seems to be improving, but they had to go with Trundler Kaul.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Trundler Kaul selected ahead of Avesh. Even Siraj seems to be improving, but they had to go with Trundler Kaul.
    exactly why do you call him a trundler?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    exactly why do you call him a trundler?
    Just wait for him to bowl(in ODI's), dear brother. You'll know it.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait for him to bowl(in ODI's), dear brother. You'll know it.
    Dont you think it is too premature to call him bad ?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the most important take away from these selections is that the selectors use IPL to choose national teams. This was up for debate quite a few times on PP and now we know.

I'm glad Rahane and Pandey are out. Rahul and Iyer deserve their spots. Rayudu will spend his time shopping in the UK.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have not watched IPL it appears. Some one bowling close to 140 is not a trundler.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Its going to be close series.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally kedar and pandey dropped.Hope!

Rahul must be played at 4.We need this guy in our team.Plz don't fail.
    The other spot someone between iyer, rayudu or karthik.
    Last edited by austerlitz; 9th May 2018 at 08:15.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    What's the most important take away from these selections is that the selectors use IPL to choose national teams. This was up for debate quite a few times on PP and now we know.

I'm glad Rahane and Pandey are out. Rahul and Iyer deserve their spots. Rayudu will spend his time shopping in the UK.
    Manish Panday is still in t20 squad despite atrocious IPL. And IPL has showcased better bats for t20. I.e selectors are weighing in many factors including ipl

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    Finally kedar and pandey dropped.Hope!

Rahul must be played at 4.We need this guy in our team.Plz don't fail.
    The other spot someone between iyer, rayudu or karthik.
    Hold your horses. Kedhar is just injured.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WengerOut View Post
    I was against Kaul as well but now think he should be given a chance. Unlike Unadkat , Kaul is doing great in slog overs with Yorkers n all. As for Iyer , i don't think he is a bad fielder generally. It is more like KP when he made his debut. He was dropping catches left ,right and center. But he was a good fielder. Anyway Iyer is astronomically better than Kedhar. And Kohli would've selected Kedhar had he not been injured.
    astronomically better ...

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    astronomically better ...
    Talking about fielding. A bit of exaggeration is needed to convey across the point.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever I have seen of Iyer, he a great potential and possesses great temperament. He is just only 23 and looks like a strong lad and there is no reason he can't improve his fielding, a good selection I think.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selectors have done a great job. Pretty much what I wanted to see. Of course I want pant instead of Dhoni, but as Dhoni is having a great IPL, now I can only hope he carries this form and attitude till the WC.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they threw away this strokeless wonder Manish which is a great move. Hope they don't bring him back again at least till the WC.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Manish Panday is still in t20 squad despite atrocious IPL. And IPL has showcased better bats for t20. I.e selectors are weighing in many factors including ipl
    What other factors did they consider for Rayudu and Rahul? They were both chosen based on their recent IPL performances

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only 3 ODIs? thats a shame with both teams being the best two in world in ODIs at moment.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Only 3 ODIs? thats a shame with both teams being the best two in world in ODIs at moment.
    Yep 5-7 ODIs would have been my bread n butter

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so glad Rahane is dropped from both ODI and T20 squad. He's been a burden to India's limited overs side for over the years.He was part of T20 WC in 2014 & 2016 along with 2015 WC and did nothing but disappoint.
    Last edited by hadi123; 9th May 2018 at 16:58.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL performances seem to have been rewarded. Would have liked to have seen Samson and 1 of the young Indian seamers get a chance.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What other factors did they consider for Rayudu and Rahul? They were both chosen based on their recent IPL performances
    Rayudu has obviously smashed the door down through IPL. Rahul was always a good form away from a spot in all formats. Selectors have weighed in all the domestic tournaments including IPL.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rayudu has obviously smashed the door down through IPL. Rahul was always a good form away from a spot in all formats. Selectors have weighed in all the domestic tournaments including IPL.
    Rahul wasn't even a factor in SA. He flopped in Nidahas too. IPL is the only reason he's back in

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahul wasn't even a factor in SA. He flopped in Nidahas too. IPL is the only reason he's back in
    That's what I said. He was always in the plans but was out of form. And he got it back with a bang!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEW DELHI: The All-India Senior Selection Committee has named Suresh Raina as Ambati Rayudu's replacement in India's ODI squad for the three-match series against England. The announcement came after Rayudu failed to clear his fitness test that was held at NCA, Bengaluru on Friday.

Raina, who played his last ODI against South Africa in October 2015, was one of the first players last year to have flunked the YoYo test (along with Yuvraj Sigh), has comfortably cleared it this time round.

The 31-year-old Raina, a seasoned campaigner of 223 ODIs with 5568 runs under his belt, is a part of the current T20 squad. He beat an in-form Rishabh Pant due to his vast experience.

Rayudu's YoYo Test failure has come as a shock for many, especially after his successful IPL campaign (602 runs) with Chennai Super Kings. Rayudu scored a dismal 14 in the test while qualifying mark is 16.1.

Meanwhile, Rohit Sharma, who had taken permission from the BCCI to skip the June 15th YoYo test on that particular day, will appear for the same at the NCA on Sunday.

"Rohit had taken permission from the BCCI for his personal engagements (he is in Russia as a brand ambassador of a watch company). There's no rule that all tests have to be conducted on the same day. He will be appearing for the YoYo Test tomorrow," GM (cricket Operations) Saba Karim said.

India's squad for ODIs against England: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64616522.cms

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of 300 plus scores for england. India might also get in with a few 300 plus scores but the set of trundlers India has on board for this tour, its going to be a run fest. India would also bat into the big scores as their batting is in good form. Glad Manish is out. Never looked fit or international standard

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alishahid View Post
    Lots of 300 plus scores for england. India might also get in with a few 300 plus scores but the set of trundlers India has on board for this tour, its going to be a run fest. India would also bat into the big scores as their batting is in good form. Glad Manish is out. Never looked fit or international standard
    Barring Bhuvi and Kaul, rest of them are 140kph+ bowlers.Even Hardik was hitting 140s in Tests for crying out loud.But they gonna get whacked for sure.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    NEW DELHI: The All-India Senior Selection Committee has named Suresh Raina as Ambati Rayudu's replacement in India's ODI squad for the three-match series against England. The announcement came after Rayudu failed to clear his fitness test that was held at NCA, Bengaluru on Friday.

Raina, who played his last ODI against South Africa in October 2015, was one of the first players last year to have flunked the YoYo test (along with Yuvraj Sigh), has comfortably cleared it this time round.

The 31-year-old Raina, a seasoned campaigner of 223 ODIs with 5568 runs under his belt, is a part of the current T20 squad. He beat an in-form Rishabh Pant due to his vast experience.

Rayudu's YoYo Test failure has come as a shock for many, especially after his successful IPL campaign (602 runs) with Chennai Super Kings. Rayudu scored a dismal 14 in the test while qualifying mark is 16.1.

Meanwhile, Rohit Sharma, who had taken permission from the BCCI to skip the June 15th YoYo test on that particular day, will appear for the same at the NCA on Sunday.

"Rohit had taken permission from the BCCI for his personal engagements (he is in Russia as a brand ambassador of a watch company). There's no rule that all tests have to be conducted on the same day. He will be appearing for the YoYo Test tomorrow," GM (cricket Operations) Saba Karim said.

India's squad for ODIs against England: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64616522.cms
    I hope Rohit also fails the yo-yo test and we could test Rahul in opening.We are not going to win Next WC with tuk-tuk Sharma who is also liability when somebody finds movement early.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How lucky is raina. A young batsman could have been groomed over him considering there are already enough experienced players in the team.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Should be a great ODI series, not many people would argue they are the 2 best ODI sides in the world.
    What about Pakistan? Theyíre the best currently followed by India. England is nowhere near them.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The YoYo test is nonsense. Inzamam would have failed it back in the day can you imagine the legendary Inzi sitting out because of failings a stupid YoYo test m. What the hell
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th June 2018 at 06:39.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is Agrawal?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asch Ali View Post
    Where is Agrawal?
    Managing his corner sweets shop somewhere in Delhi.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Managing his corner sweets shop somewhere in Delhi.
    I’m talking about Mayanak Agrawal. The Banaglorean

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is part of both India "A" teams.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And he is batting with Prithvi against ECB eleven at Leeds right now.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The YoYo test is nonsense. Inzamam would have failed it back in the day can you imagine the legendary Inzi sitting out because of failings a stupid YoYo test m. What the hell
    Umar Akmal kab se yehi toh bol raha hai 😂

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    863 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think England will win.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.firstpost.com/firstcrick...n-4562341.html

New Delhi: India's top cricketers are yet to receive their revised salaries despite having signed their central contracts back on 5 March, an issue that is likely to dominate the Special General Meeting of the BCCI, scheduled in defiance of the Committee of Administrators (COA).

The players leave for the nearly three-month long tour of UK (Ireland and England) on 23 June and the officials will be gathered trying to thrash out a way forward at the SGM, which has set out a 10-point agenda for the meet.

"Yes, the contracts are with me. If the House approves the revised pay structure tomorrow, I will sign it. In case they don't, my hands are tied. Any policy decision needs approval of General Body and I can't break the law," BCCI's acting secretary Chaudhary told PTI.

The Supreme Court-appointed COA has already made it clear that it does not approve of the meeting and has barred paid office-bearers from attending it. But the delayed payment to players is an issue that the panel's head Vinod Rai is concerned about.

"I personally feel guilty that the players are not getting their remuneration on time. I have no clue what will be the decision of the General Body. But the proposals were there with the finance committee for a long time. The copy of contract has been sent to the secretary after the players have signed," he said.

While players' remuneration is a primary concern, there are a host of other issues that will be discussed at the meeting which will not be attended by CEO Rahul Johri as the COA has not approved it. Ditto for GM (Cricket Operations) Saba Karim.

While the COA has no jurisdiction to stop the meeting, it has instructed the employees not to entertain any invoices raised by the members with regards to air fare, TA/DA.

Since the BCCI-COA relationship has been a fractured one and the members claim that they weren't kept in the loop about the revised remuneration of players, it will be interesting to see what stance the general body takes.

As per revised contract system, the players in the A+ category will get Rs 7 crore, while ones in the A group are to get Rs 5 crore followed by Rs 3 crore and Rs 1 crore respectively in the B and C categories.

It is learnt that the players had signed the new contracts after detailed discussion with the COA. Accordingly, the COA released the new payment structure on 7 March with the names of the 27 players.

However, owing to the BCCI's prevailing constitution, the secretary is still authorised to sign all players' contracts.

Accordingly, Chaudhary's signature was needed to execute the contracts. The monthly remuneration is exclusive of the match fees and daily allowances that the players are entitled to.

The BCCI will also discuss matters pertaining to the ICC, including the contentious Members Participation Agreement (MPA) under which the 2021 Champions Trophy in India has been changed to an ICC World T20 in pursuit of greater revenues.

The Pakistan Cricket Board's compensation claim of USD 70 million for not honouring the agreement for bilateral series will be discussed. BCCI is unlikely to pay any compensation to the PCB.

BCCI's legal representation, various appointments, policy decisions of National Cricket Academy (NCA) will also come up for discussion.
    Last edited by hadi123; 21st June 2018 at 14:37.

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Playing XI is obvious from this squad:

Sharma
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Karthik
    Dhoni
    Sobers
    Bhuvi
    Yadav
    Chahal
    Bumrah

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Playing XI is obvious from this squad:

Sharma
    Dhawan
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Karthik
    Dhoni
    Sobers
    Bhuvi
    Yadav
    Chahal
    Bumrah
    I have lost faith in ROhit opening the batting. He is too slow off the start and after playing out 30 deliveries, if he fails, it will add pressure on Kohli.

This should be last chance for Rohit to open and prove that he can click more often than he fails. If he fails here, then he should be pushed to middle order and ask Rahul to open who is more dynamic and equally destructive as Rohit when on Song.

Also I am still not sold on that Lower-Middle order of Karthik/Dhoni. Karthik seems to be in fine form now. But that guy has been a massive failure in international level so far. Lets see how Karthik does. He deserves a chance.

Overall, I am glad that Pandey and Jadhav are out. Raina could be added to lower order. He can still hit big shots and can roll his arm for 4 or 5 overs and he is a decent bowler. His fielding is still top class.

India's fortunes depend mostly on Dhawan/Kohli/Rahul's form. These 3 are the pillars of the team. The 4th pillar Rohit is not reliable.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have lost faith in ROhit opening the batting. He is too slow off the start and after playing out 30 deliveries, if he fails, it will add pressure on Kohli.

This should be last chance for Rohit to open and prove that he can click more often than he fails. If he fails here, then he should be pushed to middle order and ask Rahul to open who is more dynamic and equally destructive as Rohit when on Song.

Also I am still not sold on that Lower-Middle order of Karthik/Dhoni. Karthik seems to be in fine form now. But that guy has been a massive failure in international level so far. Lets see how Karthik does. He deserves a chance.

Overall, I am glad that Pandey and Jadhav are out. Raina could be added to lower order. He can still hit big shots and can roll his arm for 4 or 5 overs and he is a decent bowler. His fielding is still top class.

India's fortunes depend mostly on Dhawan/Kohli/Rahul's form. These 3 are the pillars of the team. The 4th pillar Rohit is not reliable.
    A guy who scores more consistentiy than Dhawan in shorter formats and has consistently been the best ODI opener in last 5 years is not reliable! Dhawan has had 5-6 better games than Rohit recently and everyone is after Talunt!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    DUBLIN – Cricket Ireland selectors have named a 14-man squad to take on India in a two-match series in Dublin on 27 and 29 June 2018.

The fixtures against India, the world’s third-ranked T20I side, have been hotly anticipated since they were announced in January - Friday’s clash is already sold out and the Wednesday fixture is expected to follow suit with only a few hundred tickets remaining. Demand to see these matches led to Cricket Ireland expanding the capacity of the Malahide Cricket Club ground from 6,500 for the recent Test match, to over 8,000 for the T20Is.

Speaking at the time of the squad announcement, Andrew White, Chairman of National Men’s Selectors for Cricket Ireland, said:

“The selectors have chosen what we believe to be a strong, in-form squad for this format of the game that balances experience with youth. Our deliberations were around finding a side that was competitive now, but with an eye to the future.”

“Many in the squad will be either travelling to Sussex this weekend for the Ed Joyce Testimonial match on Sunday, or will be re-joining the senior squad from their English County sides. We had a good look at a number of players on the recent Tri-Series in the Netherlands and this weekend’s match in Sussex will firm up the decisions made on the final playing eleven for the first fixture on Wednesday.”

“We will continue our approach of providing opportunities for a wider pool of players to gain experience in T20 cricket on the international stage. With around 12 months to go to the World T20 Cup qualifiers, we are looking to build a competitive squad for that qualification stage and hopefully to propel us into the main tournament in 2020.”

The 14-man squad

Gary Wilson (Captain)
    Andrew Balbirnie
    Peter Chase
    George Dockrell
    Josh Little
    Andrew McBrine
    Kevin O’Brien
    William Porterfield
    Stuart Poynter
    Boyd Rankin
    James Shannon
    Simi Singh
    Paul Stirling
    Stuart Thompson
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st June 2018 at 16:50.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2059 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ireland are a long way off even knowing our best t20 XI, total restructuring ongoing.

Expect two heavy losses.

See You Space Cowboy....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    When India travel to England for a five-Test series in August-September this year, it will be their 18th tour of the country, and fifth in the new millennium. In these, India have won only six Tests, three of them coming in the last four series. Two of the last four series have gone England's way – including 3-1 the last time in 2014 – with one drawn and India winning 1-0 in 2007.

Despite that history, Anil Kumble feels India have a great chance of winning their fourth series in England after 1971, 1986 and 2007, when Virat Kohli’s boys, the No.1 Test team in the world, take the field this time.

“I feel we possess a good all-round unit. We have a strong bowling group, which can pick 20 wickets consistently. If you look at the batting line-up, we possess a lot of experience,” said Kumble, who was a part of the 2007 team.

Kumble was a part of the side that won the Test series in England in 2007 Kumble was a part of the side that won the Test series in England in 2007

“On an average, the number of Test matches played by our batsmen stands at about 50. Also, the experience of having toured there before will definitely help as they will be aware of the conditions.”

Kumble himself had a tough time in his 10 Tests in the country, picking up 36 wickets at 41.41. But, having played for Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Surrey, the former India coach and captain pointed to the conditions around England in the second half of the summer as the big reason for his optimism.

“Spinners will definitely play a major role on this tour of England,” he said. “In the second half of the summer, we do know that the wickets will be more suitable for them. There will be wear and tear on the wickets, and spinners will come into play much earlier than in the first half.

Jadeja and Ashwin are expected to be India's spin frontmen in England Jadeja and Ashwin are expected to be India's spin frontmen in England

“Conditions in the first half – in the months of May and June – are more challenging (for spinners) in England because of the rain and dampness.”

Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin, No.3 and No.5 in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings for bowlers respectively, are expected to be India’s main spin men, with Kuldeep Yadav, most likely, being the third frontline option.

The Test series starts at Edgbaston on 1 August before travelling to Lord’s, Trent Bridge, the Rose Bowl and The Oval.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/748105

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well numbers wise Kumble might be right about our spinners, but I doubt they would get any purchase from the tracks. With India about to travel with above average seamers, England know that the best option they have is flattish tracks with a prayer that their seamers exploit the local conditions better due to better exposure.

They could also employ the strategy that Pakistan employed in 2006 where Karachi was the only test played on a spicy wicket and the rest all were played on roads. Fortunately the strategy worked for Pakistan and they were able to win the test series 1-0.

India should play Kuldeep in all matches as a wicket taking option with Jadeja or Ashwin playing the holding role if needed (that is if tracks permit). I have a feeling we will have a handful of drawn test matches with just a couple of results going either way (Depending on which of the two batting unit clicks) .

Having said that with Indian batting you never know..Pujara is out of form and Vijay's and Dhawan's could be a lottery. That leaves Kohli and Rahane as our main stays and we desperately need them to click or else we could be in for humiliation. My gut feeling is that Pujara's position is under threat from a young Rahul. If he doesn't perform in the first two matches then Rahul would be our #3 for the rest of the matches.

Looking forward to this test series - but nervous about it too!
    Last edited by dani2k; 22nd June 2018 at 08:39.

Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to India, but England will win. One their day, England has the best batting lineup in the history of ODIs, by some distance. Their batting is good enough to demolish any bowling lineup on a good day, batting first or second doesn't matter. England is possibly the only team that can win matches regardless of what their bowling is.

Not even Kohli can chase if England posts 400+, and Indian bowlers won't be able to defend totals unless England collapses, which can only happen in 1 game out of 3.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Ireland are a long way off even knowing our best t20 XI, total restructuring ongoing.

Expect two heavy losses.
    Not necessarily.T20s can be anybodies game

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dani2k View Post
    Well numbers wise Kumble might be right about our spinners, but I doubt they would get any purchase from the tracks. With India about to travel with above average seamers, England know that the best option they have is flattish tracks with a prayer that their seamers exploit the local conditions better due to better exposure.

They could also employ the strategy that Pakistan employed in 2006 where Karachi was the only test played on a spicy wicket and the rest all were played on roads. Fortunately the strategy worked for Pakistan and they were able to win the test series 1-0.

India should play Kuldeep in all matches as a wicket taking option with Jadeja or Ashwin playing the holding role if needed (that is if tracks permit). I have a feeling we will have a handful of drawn test matches with just a couple of results going either way (Depending on which of the two batting unit clicks) .

Having said that with Indian batting you never know..Pujara is out of form and Vijay's and Dhawan's could be a lottery. That leaves Kohli and Rahane as our main stays and we desperately need them to click or else we could be in for humiliation. My gut feeling is that Pujara's position is under threat from a young Rahul. If he doesn't perform in the first two matches then Rahul would be our #3 for the rest of the matches.

Looking forward to this test series - but nervous about it too!
    Pujara might not be in the playing eleven going by how he struggled in county cricket till now.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    Best of luck to India, but England will win. One their day, England has the best batting lineup in the history of ODIs, by some distance. Their batting is good enough to demolish any bowling lineup on a good day, batting first or second doesn't matter. England is possibly the only team that can win matches regardless of what their bowling is.

Not even Kohli can chase if England posts 400+, and Indian bowlers won't be able to defend totals unless England collapses, which can only happen in 1 game out of 3.
    We have already won 2-1 against them last time.And their bowlers conceded 350 plus against even scotland.If our spinners could extract some turn and our top 3 could get firing with Raina chipping in, then I think we can win the ODI series.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    We have already won 2-1 against them last time.And their bowlers conceded 350 plus against even scotland.If our spinners could extract some turn and our top 3 could get firing with Raina chipping in, then I think we can win the ODI series.
    I didn't say England will whitewash India, but they will definitely win the series. This England team looks even stronger than 2017 one. Hales, Roy and Buttler and Bairstow no longer rookie sloggers. All their batsmen have enough experience now and can pace their innings.

I also think England are much better against spin than SA.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Pujara might not be in the playing eleven going by how he struggled in county cricket till now.
    True. But he is the incumbent #3 in the line up and I doubt he would be discarded without being given an opportunity.

Rahul was slotted at #3 against AFG but that was because Kohli was missing and the perhaps the team management thought that #4 would help Pujara find form which did not happen sadly.

So yes, Pujara will have his opportunity at #3 but would do well to remember he has limited time to hit form. BCCI had plans of including a few test regulars in the first class match against WI A. Not sure whether Pujara would be part of that list.

Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assistant coach Paul Farbrace will be in charge of England's T20 side for the Vitality IT20 matches against Australia and India.

Head coach Trevor Bayliss will take a break from coaching duties and focus his attention during the two-week period watching the England Lions in the 50-over Tri-series competition against India A and West Indies A. He will also be in attendance at the Royal London One Day Cup final between Hampshire and Kent at Lord’s on Saturday, June 30 and will take the opportunity to watch some county cricket across the country.

Bayliss will return to his role with England ahead of the ODIs against India starting at Trent Bridge on Thursday, July 12.

England IT20 squad

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) Captain, Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), David Willey (Yorkshire).

Ends

VITALITY IT20 FIXTURES:

IT20, England v Australia, Wednesday June 27, Edgbaston, Birmingham (6.30pm BST)

1st IT20, England v India, Tuesday July 3, Emirates Old Trafford (5.30pm BST)

2nd IT20, England v India, Friday July 6, Sophia Gardens, Cardiff (5.30pm BST)

3rd IT20, England v India, Sunday July 8, The Brightside Ground, Bristol (2pm BST)

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't realize we are not playing a single practice match - T20s or one dayers - before the series. 2 T20s vs Ireland, 3 T20s vs Eng and 3 ODIs vs Eng.

Ireland have a good chance to surprise us in one of the T20s.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli & Co. depart for Ireland, England tour

New Delhi [India], June 23 (ANI): The Indian men's cricket team left for the upcoming two-month long tour, featuring series against Ireland and England, from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here on Saturday.

India are heading into the clash on the back of their crushing win by an innings and 262 runs in the historic one-off Test match against minnows Afghanistan inside two days.

England, on the other hand, are fresh from their five-match ODI series win over Australia. They have already clinched the series by winning the first three games.

Meanwhile, Ireland recently made their Test debut against Pakistan at the Malahide Cricket Club Ground in Malahide, where the latter went on to win by five wickets.

Yesterday, Indian skipper Virat Kohli, who was ruled out of his maiden English county stint due to a neck injury, had confirmed that he was absolutely fit for the upcoming series against England.

Earlier, the 29-year-old sustained the injury during his campaign with the Royal Challengers Bangalore at the 11th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and was subsequently forced to miss his much-debated maiden English county stint with Surrey.

Reflecting on the same, Kohli had said he successfully underwent the fitness test and that he was "completely ready to go" for the upcoming series.

"I am 100 percent ready to go. The neck is fine now. I've had six to seven sessions in Mumbai. I've had a good practice and I am absolutely ready to go. I went through the fitness test as well so the body is feeling fine.I am actually very excited to get back on the field," he had said.

The swashbuckling batsman further said that being 100 percent fit was his main priority, adding that whatever had happened was for the best.

"I wanted to be 100 percent fit for the tour and wanted to go there fresh. This thing that happened was the best thing.although not intended but happened in the best way," he said.

When asked about his side's playing strategy in the English conditions, Kohli said that as professional players they just needed to focus on the field and perform as a team and not as individuals.

"Winning mindset is something that is important. It is also not about one or two players but team performance- which will be the focus," he said.

Meanwhile, Indian coach Ravi Shastri had showed belief in players.

"We don't play the opposition, we play the pitch. Our job is to conquer the pitch. It remains the same where we go, may it be Johannesburg or Wankhede. The boys know their job," the Indian coach said.

India are slated to play two T20I against Ireland, starting June 27 before the Kohli-led side will head to England for three-match T20I series, three-match ODI series and five Tests.

The squads are as follows:

India Test squad: Ajinkya Rahane (capt), Cheteshwar Pujara, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, Karun Nair, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma, Shardul Thakur
    India ODI squad: Virat Kohli (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Suresh Raina, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul, Umesh Yadav.

India T20I squad: Virat Kohli (c), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Suresh Raina, Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Siddarth Kaul and Umesh Yadav. The two games are scheduled for the 27th and 29th of June, respectively. (ANI)

https://www.aninews.in/news/sports/c...6231511270002/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tests long way to go.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Injury forces Josh Little to withdraw from T20I squad

DUBLIN – Cricket Ireland has today confirmed that Josh Little has withdrawn from the current squad that has assembled to play two T20 Internationals against India this week.

The National Selectors will not call up a replacement for Little, but will use the opportunity to bring in 20-year old David Delany in a development capacity.

Richard Holdsworth, Performance Director for Cricket Ireland, said:

“The national selectors and coaching staff of the senior men’s team are implementing a new initiative to provide opportunities for young players to gain experience being involved in the dynamics of the senior squad as part of their development. We successfully trialled this on the recent trip to Sussex by bringing in Harry Tector, and this week we will use this circumstance to provide David a development opportunity.”

“The expanding programme of fixtures over the next four years means we need to look at creative ways of increasing the talent pool of players ready to take that next step in their careers. These development opportunities provide invaluable experience and insights for or younger players, which is in the long-term interests of Irish cricket.”

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England National Cricket Selectors have named a 14-man squad for the three-match Royal London ODI series against India commencing at Trent Bridge on Thursday, July 12.

England ODI squad versus India

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) Captain

Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)

Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire)

Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire)

Jos Buttler (Lancashire)

Tom Curran (Surrey)

Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)

Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire)

Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)

Joe Root (Yorkshire)

Jason Roy (Surrey)

Ben Stokes (Durham)

David Willey (Yorkshire)

Mark Wood (Durham)

Kent batsman Sam Billings and Surrey all-rounder Sam Curran are not included.

Durham all-rounder Ben Stokes returns to the squad for the first time since the winter tour of New Zealand. He is set to recover from a torn left hamstring and play for Durham Jets in their Vitality Blast match against Yorkshire Vikings at Emerald Headingley on Thursday, July 5. If he can prove his fitness on his return to competitive cricket, Stokes is also in contention to return to the IT20 squad for the third Vitality IT20 against India in Bristol on Sunday, July 8.

Warwickshire all-rounder Chris Woakes is still recovering from a torn right quad and a long-standing knee injury. If he proves his fitness, he could be added to the squad during the latter part of the ODI series.

Royal London ODI Series Fixtures:

1st ODI, England v India, Thursday, July 12. Trent Bridge, Nottingham (12.30pm BST)

2nd ODI, England v India, Saturday, July 14. Lord’s, London (12.30pm BST)

3rd ODI, England v India, Tuesday, July 17. Emerald Headingley, Leeds (12.30pm BST)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Joe Root will keep his place in England's side for next week's Twenty20 Internationals against India even if allrounder Ben Stokes returns to the team, according to acting coach Paul Farbrace.

Stokes is set make his return from a hamstring injury he suffered during the second Test against Pakistan in June when he plays for Durham in their T20 match against Yorkshire at Headingley on July 5.

That match will see Stokes playing as a batsman only, with a view to him being available for the third and final T20I against India in Bristol on July 8.

The 27-year-old was also named in a 14-man squad for the ensuing three-match ODI series on Friday, with Sam Curran and Sam Billings omitted from the squad to face India from July 12.

England are in excellent white-ball form, with their 28-run win over Australia in a stand-alone T20 at Edgbaston on Wednesday following a 5-0 ODI series whitewash of their arch-rivals.

Alex Hales has often been spoken of as the man most likely to make way for Root but the Nottinghamshire batsman has been in the runs batting at number three.

Farbrace still believes, however, there is a place in all international formats for steadier-scoring Test captain Root, including the T20 team.

"Absolutely. You need your best batsman," insisted Farbrace. "I can't believe anybody else in our set-up would argue against that."

Farbrace added: "He (Root) is world-class in all forms of the game. You do need nous, and you do need people playing in different ways.

"There will be times when he is the outstanding player in a T20 game and gets us over the line.

"The best players adapt and score runs, whether it is 20 overs or 50 overs or Test match cricket, and he is without doubt one of the finest players in the world.

"He could go anywhere from three to six - and it is nice having that flexibility and that cool, calm head."

Match wrap: England make it six from six with T20 win

Meanwhile Farbrace, who is standing in while head coach Trevor Bayliss takes a break, looked forward to having Stokes back by saying: "Ben - the fact he is a three-in-one, he can bowl and he is the best fielder - you are going to bring him in as soon as he is available."

Jos Buttler was promoted to open against Australia on Wednesday and responded with England's fastest-ever T20 fifty, off 22 balls.

Hales was no slouch either in making 49 and Farbrace said: "Jos played magnificently well... (but) you could easily argue a couple of others could have had a go - and maybe Halesy walked to the crease with a bit of a point to prove."

England limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan is set to have the final say over who misses out in the event Stokes is recalled.

"You are going to go with the captain pretty much every time, because he takes the team on to the field," said Farbrace.

"There are not going to be any violent disagreements. But we were sitting chatting about the possibilities -- and it is not obvious."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/joe-...dia/2018-06-29

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor start for Kohli's English tour

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batsman Dawid Malan has replaced seamer Tom Curran in the England squad for their Twenty20 match against India at Old Trafford on Tuesday.

Curran is recovering from a side strain and is expected to be fit for the other two games in the three-match series.

Middlesex captain Malan, 30, has played five T20s for England, scoring 250 runs at a rate of 150.6 runs per 100 balls.

After the T20 series, the teams will meet in three one-day internationals before a five-match Test series.

England go into the series having beaten Australia 5-0 in a one-day series, and winning a T20 match against them.

India prepared by beating Ireland 2-0 in a T20 series.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/44667444

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1045 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bumrah ruled out of England series

Jasprit Bumrah will reportedly play no part in the forthcoming T20I series against England.

The 24-year-old fast bowler injured his left thumb during the first T20I against Ireland at Malahide before undergoing a scan.

The results of that scan have not yet been revealed but Bumrah, who took 2/19 in the same match that he sustained the injury, is believed to be targeting the ODI series against England, which begins on 12 July, for his return.

It is a significant blow for the side currently placed No.2 in the MRF Tyres ICC T20I rankings. Since making his debut in January 2016, Bumrah has become India's most reliable bowler at the death, using his trademark yorker to great effect.

In 35 T20Is he has taken 43 wickets with an impressive economy rate of 6.79.

The other pace bowling options in India's squad include Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul and Umesh Yadav. It is not yet known if a replacement for Bumrah will be called up.

The three-match series against England begins on Tuesday at Old Trafford.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/768969

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Bumrah ruled out of England series

Jasprit Bumrah will reportedly play no part in the forthcoming T20I series against England.

The 24-year-old fast bowler injured his left thumb during the first T20I against Ireland at Malahide before undergoing a scan.

The results of that scan have not yet been revealed but Bumrah, who took 2/19 in the same match that he sustained the injury, is believed to be targeting the ODI series against England, which begins on 12 July, for his return.

It is a significant blow for the side currently placed No.2 in the MRF Tyres ICC T20I rankings. Since making his debut in January 2016, Bumrah has become India's most reliable bowler at the death, using his trademark yorker to great effect.

In 35 T20Is he has taken 43 wickets with an impressive economy rate of 6.79.

The other pace bowling options in India's squad include Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Siddarth Kaul and Umesh Yadav. It is not yet known if a replacement for Bumrah will be called up.

The three-match series against England begins on Tuesday at Old Trafford.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/768969
    Wonder if he has set himself some target to redeem himself in England after the CT fiasco?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Wonder if he has set himself some target to redeem himself in England after the CT fiasco?
    Think that would be a natural line of thinking for Pakistani fans but the simple answer would be a loud NO.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I dont think he cares...

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah is out of T20 series with a finger injury.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuart Broad will have a scan this morning on an ankle injury that prevented him bowling as Nottinghamshire pushed for victory against Worcestershire yesterday.

The fast bowler bowled four overs in the Pears second innings before leaving the field with a sore ankle.

Notts fell just two wickets short of victory as Worcestershire held on for a draw with the help of an unbeaten 177 from Joe Clarke as the visitors closing on 368-8.

“Stuart’s sore ankle has been ongoing and it was stirred up a little bit when he landed in the footholds, so it made sense for him to come off the field when it was too sore for him to bowl,” said Moores.

“It is manageable, but he has a lot of cricket to play in the rest of the summer. He will have a scan on it this morning.

“It was disappointing for him because he was desperate to get out there and was prowling around the dressing room, but injuries are injuries and you have to take heed of them.”

Moores was proud with his side’s efforts, despite not quite getting over the line and recording a fifth victory of the season.

He was particularly praiseworthy of the fast bowling unit, who stayed on for long spells in a bid to secure the win.

Moores added: “You can never guarantee a win in any game – and credit to the way Worcestershire fought hard – but what you want is for your side to show character and spirit, which is essential if you are going to do well over the course of a season.

“We showed that in bucketloads. The seam bowlers all worked really hard for the cause and gave it there all, with Harry (Gurney) bowling over 50 overs in the match, Fletch (Luke Fletcher) doing his Freddie Flintoff impression by finding an extra yard of pace and Matt Milnes putting everything into it.”

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2...edium=referral

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JUST IN: Deepak Chahar replaces Bumrah in the T20I squad. Washington Sundar replaced by Krunal Pandya in T20Is, while Aksar Patel will be part of the ODI team. #ENGvIND

Happy that they didn't pick Shardul again but sad that this dud Aksar is chosen in ODIs. Excited to see Deepak Chahar and K.Pandya in our National team. Can't wait to see them play.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    JUST IN: Deepak Chahar replaces Bumrah in the T20I squad. Washington Sundar replaced by Krunal Pandya in T20Is, while Aksar Patel will be part of the ODI team. #ENGvIND

Happy that they didn't pick Shardul again but sad that this dud Aksar is chosen in ODIs. Excited to see Deepak Chahar and K.Pandya in our National team. Can't wait to see them play.

Are there any other spin all rounders in domestic cricket?

I can only think of Sundar, and he is already selected.
    Krunal Pandya hasnt done much in list A cricket, and has been outperformed in List A by Axar Patel.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Washington Sundar out of limited-overs leg of England tour

In a second setback to the visiting Indian team, Washington Sundar has been ruled out of the entire limited-overs leg of the tour of England because of an ankle injury.

Sundar, the 18-year-old off-spinning all-rounder, suffered the injury while playing football during a training session in Malahide prior to the two-match Twenty20 International series against Ireland.

He missed those two games, both of which India won handsomely, and “subsequently underwent scans and was seen by a specialist”, according to a Board of Control for Cricket in India statement.

Unfortunately for the youngster, he hasn’t recovered, and will miss the three T20Is and three one-day internationals against England.

Krunal Pandya, the 27-year-old left-arm spinner and lower-order batsman – also Hardik Pandya's older brother – has been named as Sundar’s replacement in the T20I side, while Axar Patel, another left-arm spinner and handy batsman, has been brought in for the ODI series.

As reported earlier, Jasprit Bumrah, India’s premier white-ball paceman, will also miss the T20I series against England after fracturing his left thumb during the first T20I against Ireland. Bumrah still returned 2/19 in that game but sat out the second fixture.

Jasprit Bumrah is expected to recover in time for the ODIs Jasprit Bumrah is expected to recover in time for the ODIs

Deepak Chahar, the uncapped 25-year-old right-arm paceman who was hugely impressive for Chennai Super Kings in the latest edition of the Indian Premier League, will be a part of the T20I squad in the absence of Bumrah.

Bumrah, the No.1 ODI bowler in the world, is expected to recover in time for the 50-over matches.

The T20Is will be played on 3, 6 and 8 July, while the ODIs will be played on 12, 14 and 17 July. The two teams will then play a five-match Test series in August-September.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/769073

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Are there any other spin all rounders in domestic cricket?

I can only think of Sundar, and he is already selected.
    Krunal Pandya hasnt done much in list A cricket, and has been outperformed in List A by Axar Patel.
    I can only think of Krishnappa Gowtham for now. He's a solid bat and bowls well too. Not sure about other spin bowling All-rounders.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I can only think of Krishnappa Gowtham for now. He's a solid bat and bowls well too. Not sure about other spin bowling All-rounders.
    Spin bowling "allrounders" are dime a dozen but real quality and especially in LO's is already in the team. Pandya sr is the best LO domestic allrounder right now. Sunder and Axar have bowling covered but are little underdeveloped in batting. Gowtham is a real good striker but is not always most reliable bowler in LO's. Hooda used to bowl too but is focusing on batting apparently.

We can always call back Jadeja and/or Ashwin in emergency. Saxena is on similar mould.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Chahar is a good pick. Bhuvi, though having complete faith of team management, has struggled to take wickets in ODIs. Will be good to try out Chahar.

Not sure about Axar. Krunal Pandya should have come in for ODIs as well

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spin bowling "allrounders" are dime a dozen but real quality and especially in LO's is already in the team. Pandya sr is the best LO domestic allrounder right now. Sunder and Axar have bowling covered but are little underdeveloped in batting. Gowtham is a real good striker but is not always most reliable bowler in LO's. Hooda used to bowl too but is focusing on batting apparently.

We can always call back Jadeja and/or Ashwin in emergency. Saxena is on similar mould.
    Krunal Pandya has a very average bowling record in List A cricket. In fact, I was surprised to find that Axar has a significantly better List A bowling stats. Even though Krunal is the better batsman, Axar seems so much better for n his list A stats that itís not even a competition.

No saying that Krunal should not be given a chance in ODI, but you canít blame the selectors on not choosing Krunal with that record.

As for Sundar, he is a level above both Krunal and Axar with the bat and ball for ODIs. Though Krunal is better suited for T20s.

At some point the Indian management will be looking to try Sundar as the 2nd spinner.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England has an injury of it’s own now.

———

Surrey all-rounder Tom Curran has been ruled out of England’s Vitality IT20s and Royal London ODIs against India with a left side strain. He is replaced in the ODI squad by his brother Sam.

Tom will now commence his rehabilitation programme at the Kia Oval under the supervision of Surrey and England’s medical teams.

England ODI squad versus India

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex) Captain, Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonathan Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Sam Curran (Surrey), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), David Willey (Yorkshire), Mark Wood (Durham)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Krunal Pandya has a very average bowling record in List A cricket. In fact, I was surprised to find that Axar has a significantly better List A bowling stats. Even though Krunal is the better batsman, Axar seems so much better for n his list A stats that itís not even a competition.

No saying that Krunal should not be given a chance in ODI, but you canít blame the selectors on not choosing Krunal with that record.

As for Sundar, he is a level above both Krunal and Axar with the bat and ball for ODIs. Though Krunal is better suited for T20s.

At some point the Indian management will be looking to try Sundar as the 2nd spinner.
    Don't go by the stats alone please. Krunal is a good LO spinner. And best bat out of all allrounders.

I agree that Sunder has really high potential. You can check my old posts. I have advocated for him for last 2 years. He can be an all format player for us. But right now he is not a LO bat.