Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Good, Ian Chapel one did served it's purpose.

Coming to financials, do some educating on economic facts & figures and come back to talk - that'll keep you modest, as your grasp is getting exposed with every line. Obviously, you know the costing part because of experience I believe, but what your grasp couldn't reach is the earning part, for a first world country with one of the highest per capita GDP in world vs Nepal.

I suggest, keep your cards close to your chest in these regards, otherwise, it'll end like last time, when you had to hide for few weeks, after all your players landed to play in your Bangladesh Pauper League, as you may recall......

Thanks for reminding me about the Bangladesh pauper league.... it is still the case. Run by and on behalf of fixers galore... see remarks by Dirk Nannes. have they cleared all the dues by the way?

It is always a great laugh seeing you getting egg on face time and again and then you coming back and pretending all is well.

You can host a match in Nepal for next to nothing compared to Ireland.

As I said, God is very swift these days!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    Im not talking about integration I mean a collaboration perhaps a tournament or inter regional cup competition played in between the three leagues..
    Why not Asian Premier League - Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Islamabad, Dhaka, Chittagong, Narayanganj/Khulna, Colombo? 8 teams, double league games played in UAE, PAK, SRL & BD in phases - that's 6 games in Fri-Sunday and few in mid week. Every PAK, BD, SRL & AFG players considered as home grown + 5 foreigners in each squad, 3 in playing XI - I can safely say those 5 will be faaaaaaaar better than Dinesh Ramdhin.

7 weeks, 61 games (the 61st one is APL All-star Game), in a suitable window, far away from IPL, when weather is favorable in 4 countries - it's 40 overs mostly D/N, hence scorching summer isn't a big issue either. It'll be instantly 2nd best league by some margin and save lots of time for International cricket.

Won't happen ever in this life and Muslims don't born twice ............

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about the Bangladesh pauper league.... it is still the case. Run by and on behalf of fixers galore... see remarks by Dirk Nannes. have they cleared all the dues by the way?

It is always a great laugh seeing you getting egg on face time and again and then you coming back and pretending all is well.

You can host a match in Nepal for next to nothing compared to Ireland.

As I said, God is very swift these days!
    Being Pakistani, it sounds a bit loud mouth to talk about fixing in cricket, you know - have some shame man. It's foolish to bring "sensitive" topic, on which people'll get under your skin, but I do expect it from few. Talking about dues, it's a contract, not memorandum of understanding - players will get their dues, without crying for sure.

I am actually not pretending, rather exposing - egg indeed tastes well.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is BD board not making any noise? It is like getting abused and scolded for no reason and still maintaining silence.I would love to see this decision being overturned.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things here:

1. Firstly, really poor from Cricket Australia. If they knew this was going to happen (and the reasons given seem to be one's that you could forecast in advance), they shouldn't have made the commitment. It looks much worse after making the commitment and then cancelling it later. This pretty much means that even more power is going to be concentrated in the hands of the Big 3 and India in particular. Because it seems like Indian series are literally cross-subsidizing the rest of the International calendar.

2. There's clearly a lot of antipathy towards Bangladesh from Pakistani fans in particular, though a lot of it is admittedly down to how their fans have behaved. But, what I can't agree with is that Asian teams (read Bangladesh) are somehow required to tour Pakistan instead of playing us at UAE like the rest.

In fact, there's a strong racism at the heart of it, where the white man life is somehow more valuable and he's entitled to be more particular than the fellow brown man. Despite the same kind of security on offer to both. The British left 70 years ago, but their colonial mentality has never left us.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rishta aunty View Post
    two things here:

1. Firstly, really poor from cricket australia. If they knew this was going to happen (and the reasons given seem to be one's that you could forecast in advance), they shouldn't have made the commitment. It looks much worse after making the commitment and then cancelling it later. This pretty much means that even more power is going to be concentrated in the hands of the big 3 and india in particular. Because it seems like indian series are literally cross-subsidizing the rest of the international calendar.

2. There's clearly a lot of antipathy towards bangladesh from pakistani fans in particular, though a lot of it is admittedly down to how their fans have behaved. But, what i can't agree with is that asian teams (read bangladesh) are somehow required to tour pakistan instead of playing us at uae like the rest.

In fact, there's a strong racism at the heart of it, where the white man life is somehow more valuable and he's entitled to be more particular than the fellow brown man. Despite the same kind of security on offer to both. The british left 70 years ago, but their colonial mentality has never left us.
    potw.

Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you see any problem in that statement?
    I am not saying that what PCB is doing is right. I was just responding to your point where you said PCB were struggling to get teams to tour. That struggle is only limited to getting teams to come to Pakistan, not UAE.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Two things here:

1. Firstly, really poor from Cricket Australia. If they knew this was going to happen (and the reasons given seem to be one's that you could forecast in advance), they shouldn't have made the commitment. It looks much worse after making the commitment and then cancelling it later. This pretty much means that even more power is going to be concentrated in the hands of the Big 3 and India in particular. Because it seems like Indian series are literally cross-subsidizing the rest of the International calendar.

2. There's clearly a lot of antipathy towards Bangladesh from Pakistani fans in particular, though a lot of it is admittedly down to how their fans have behaved. But, what I can't agree with is that Asian teams (read Bangladesh) are somehow required to tour Pakistan instead of playing us at UAE like the rest.

In fact, there's a strong racism at the heart of it, where the white man life is somehow more valuable and he's entitled to be more particular than the fellow brown man. Despite the same kind of security on offer to both. The British left 70 years ago, but their colonial mentality has never left us.
    Pakistan toured BD despite ISIS roaming around a security threat. Everyone knows BD players are safe in Pakistan but BCB are playing politics.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Pakistan toured BD despite ISIS roaming around a security threat. Everyone knows BD players are safe in Pakistan but BCB are playing politics.
    Aren't all players safe in Pakistan? Why specifically BD players. The PSL, World XI and WI tours have been conducted safely.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And can you tell me about the number of deaths caused by terrorism in Bangladesh in last 10 years?

BCB is willing to accept a series in UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also to argue that Lanka and WI are more valued because they had Jaya and Lara is laughable to say the least.

No. These guys have retired. West indies picks some random kids to represent their nation every other series. Do you think west indies side has them Lara Walsh Sarwan Shiv playing for them that kids will flock to UAE stadium to watch them

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's why both Australia and England have toured Bangladesh in the last 2 years right? While they haven't come to Pakistan for more than a decade. Because the situation in Bangladesh is internationally known to be as bad as Pakistan? There's no comparison and you know it man. There's no pride in being blinkered when it comes to your own country; we Pakistanis are experts in this, and all that happens is that the people we should hold accountable for these mistakes get to obfuscate responsibility under the cloak of hyper-nationalism.

We need to be making allies right now, not enemies, so don't see in the logic of doing this. I don't think we'd dare pull this on any of India/Sri Lanka for example, let alone the Western teams. Let me put it this way, if India treated us the same way, I would not like it one bit.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Yeah that's why both Australia and England have toured Bangladesh in the last 2 years right? While they haven't come to Pakistan for more than a decade. Because the situation in Bangladesh is internationally known to be as bad as Pakistan? There's no comparison and you know it man. There's no pride in being blinkered when it comes to your own country; we Pakistanis are experts in this, and all that happens is that the people we should hold accountable for these mistakes get to obfuscate responsibility under the cloak of hyper-nationalism.

We need to be making allies right now, not enemies, so don't see in the logic of doing this. I don't think we'd dare pull this on any of India/Sri Lanka for example, let alone the Western teams. Let me put it this way, if India treated us the same way, I would not like it one bit.
    Australia have not toured Pakistan in 20 years.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Poms toured BD 2 months after Holy Artisan attack, where 20+ westerners were shot dead; Aussies toured a year later - Poms toured PAK last in 2005, Aussies 1998 for a reason.

If people can die inside Pentagon from terrorist attack, no place on earth is safe; but there is an issue of credibility & trust. PAK's internal security agencies are not trusted by outer world - reality might be different; for that PCB can't bully BCB.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    Australia have not toured Pakistan in 20 years.
    Sure but that wasn't the main focus of the post. Australia to be fair have been the worst for a long time with respect to their tour preferences.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame. Bangladesh are disappointed with this as well. Would have been a good series, Bangladesh deserve a chance to play in Australia - they have improved a lot, they would be capable of pushing Australia imo as they wouldn't have Smith or Warner.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    A cancellation of AUS-BD series can't end in discussion of PCB's call (of not hosting BD in UAE). I read lots of complains against BD posters, but the reality is different. Besides, it's not the issue of weather it's feasible for PCB to host BD in UAE or not - the issue is, why PCB declined to tour a pre-agreed series without any valid reason?

Any way, it's BD vs AUS and I won't be surprised if they alter the venue and Aussies end up touring BD for a short ODI series that time. Weather is definitely not conducive, but before WC, it can be handy series for both.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Which makes it even more pertinent for PCB not to waste money on Bangladesh in UAE..... well done to them for not doing so. you rather use that money on teams willing to play in pakistan for however long it doesn't matter. Atleast it's being used for a purpose that has a potential positive outcome for the game in Pakistan as appose to throwing money down a hole by hosting Bangladesh in UAE.
    There is no way that Sri Lanka or West Indies would generate more revenue in UAE than Bangladesh. Only way I'd believe otherwise is if anyone can provide a balance sheet. It doesn't make any sense.

BCB is right to insist on being hosted in UAE until WI/SL undertake a full Test tour of Pakistan and demonstrate that its safe enough. PCB didn't help their case by cancelling their tour of BD last year for petty reasons.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    This is ridiculous! The notion that Bangladesh is not a viable financial option for any team to host. We have a booming economy growing at 7.5% plus, huge corporations who can (and do!) sponsor our sides away if need be. We are an emerging "Tiger Economy" and have c. 150 million devoted fans who watch each and every game.

This is small minded ** from Australia. Would they cancel on Lanka who are perpetually broke? On Pakistan whose economic growth is anemic and whose corporations cannot assure financial safety nets like our big groups can? Or on the WI who have so little money they run to play show games in Pakistan for pocket change?

No!

When Bangladesh becomes the 2nd greatest cricketing economy after India, I hope we remember this!
    I don't think they care. Rising sea levels are expected to submerge 17% of Bangladesh's land and displace 18 million people in the next 40 years.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Also to argue that Lanka and WI are more valued because they had Jaya and Lara is laughable to say the least.

No. These guys have retired. West indies picks some random kids to represent their nation every other series. Do you think west indies side has them Lara Walsh Sarwan Shiv playing for them that kids will flock to UAE stadium to watch them
    In Aus at least West Indies is valued solely because everyone over the age of 40 still has affection for them from their childhood.
    But the least few tours has killed that off commercially. I doubt they will get a Boxing Day test again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia don't have any interest in playing bilateral series against Bangladesh.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, Bangladesh did everything to pander to the Big 3 and now long what thanks they are getting.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    Lol, Bangladesh did everything to pander to the Big 3 and now long what thanks they are getting.
    Big 3 was pure financial issue - it has nothing to do with AUS cancelling series not having broadcasters. Please don't relate everything with everything - it could have been an issue had Aussies declined to tour BD; that's a financial loss for BCB. Big 3 wasn't to promote cricket for sure, therefore cancellation of any cricket has very little in it.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hurts to see cricket becoming a business and nothing else. Every single time I read the same rubbish "not comercially/financially viable". Is money the only thing that matters now in sport?

A neutral like me will love to see Australia v Bangladesh rather than a meaningless Big bash league that doesn't interest me one bit. However since it is enjoyed some locals (some may not even understand cricket fully) who are ready to watch a funfilled T20 game instead of watching a movie over the weekend, it is all what a cricketing board wants. Interests of a genuine cricket fan mean nothing. What a shame.
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th May 2018 at 06:34.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    All ICC cares about is money. Its members follow the same mantra. I am sure if Bangladesh had an option to play Nepal vs Bhutan, they would do the same!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    Hurts to see cricket becoming a business and nothing else. Every single time I read the same rubbish "not comercially/financially viable". Is money the only thing that matters now in sport?

A neutral like me will love to see Australia v Bangladesh rather than a meaningless Big bash league that doesn't interest me one bit. However since it is enjoyed some locals (some may not even understand cricket fully) who are ready to watch a funfilled T20 game instead of watching a movie over the weekend, it is all what a cricketing board wants. Interests of a genuine cricket fan mean nothing. What a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    All ICC cares about is money. Its members follow the same mantra. I am sure if Bangladesh had an option to play Nepal vs Bhutan, they would do the same!
    Well, that is the real world. Everything costs money to run. There are a whole bunch of people involved in running a test match. The groundsman, ushers, security, food vendors, electricians, plumbers, etc, etc. On top of this there are electricity costs, water costs, stadium maintenance costs etc, etc.

All these people will be at the board office expecting payment for their goods and services. The board has to keep generating revenues to continue paying these people. Hence the financial part is the most important one in conducting a cricket match.

Now, if all these people volunteer their time, goods and services, then there can be a different discussion.
    Last edited by USofA; 12th May 2018 at 09:22.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh had been scheduled to play two Tests and three One Day Internationals Down Under later this year but there was no mention of it when Australia's schedule for the 2018-19 home season was published at the end of last month.

"They have told us this series is not financially viable due to the off-season," chief executive Nizam Uddin Chowdhury told Reuters.

"This is really disappointing. All the series we hosted were not always profitable. If we can conduct them, we would expect the other cricket boards, especially bigger ones like Cricket Australia, to do the same.

"We have proposed a shorter version as an alternative. But it looks like they are not continuing. So, this series is not going to happen."

In the ICC's Future Tours Programme, Bangladesh's tour was pencilled in for the Australian winter, when football codes occupy the main cricket stadiums and dominate sports broadcasting.

Bangladesh's last Test tour of Australia was in 2003 when they suffered innings losses in the tropical northern cities of Darwin and Cairns and it is likely such venues would have been considered if the 2018 tour had gone ahead.

Australia drew 1-1 with Bangladesh in a two-Test series last year, their first tour of the country since 2011 after Cricket Australia cancelled a trip in 2015 citing security concerns.

https://bdnews24.com/cricket/2018/05...r-cancellation

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post

The problem with so called test purist is that they still living in delusion thinking they are still majority. Wake up and smell the coffee. Not everyone have time to follow the stone age era of cricket that is played over 5 freaking days and at times ends in no result.

Majority of fans wants to watch short but fun filled cricket and T20 seems to be providing just that. Its pure economics. If test fans starts bringing in revenue then im sure boards wont be cancelling test matches for more Lois. T20is are keeping test alive in some nations and yet fans have audacity to diss T20s.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic from cricket Australia. Shame on Icc for being a useless banana organisation which doesn't have any power to do anything. Cricket as a sport won't go anywhere if smaller nations aren't allowed to play against bigger nations on a consistent basis.

This useless organisation ICC doesn't allow associates to take part in major icc tournaments by citing the reason that it makes the tournament unnecessarily long, can't force major cricket playing nations to regularly play against smaller emerging cricket playing nations but expects to turn cricket into a global sport. Can it get more hilarious than this?

No wonder, cricket is dying as a sport. ICC is absolutely a shame of an organisation whose main job is licking the boot of handful number of cricket boards and take decisions to appease them.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan isn't safe for cricket. Barring u and handful of delusional PCB officials, everybody knows that international players aren't safe in Pakistan.

Even in 2018 there hasn't been a single month when Pakistan was free from any terrorist attack. A Bangladesh team in Pakistan will certainly create a lot more noise and it will be a perfect opportunity for terrorist organisation to display their presence in front of the world.

First try to held all the matches of ur own t20 league in ur own backyard on a consistent basis and then expect other foreign teams to visit there. Don't expect any preferential treatment from BCB.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Pakistan isn't safe for cricket. Barring u and handful of delusional PCB officials, everybody knows that international players aren't safe in Pakistan.

Even in 2018 there hasn't been a single month when Pakistan was free from any terrorist attack. A Bangladesh team in Pakistan will certainly create a lot more noise and it will be a perfect opportunity for terrorist organisation to display their presence in front of the world.

First try to held all the matches of ur own t20 league in ur own backyard on a consistent basis and then expect other foreign teams to visit there. Don't expect any preferential treatment from BCB.
    World XI toured along with many others. Our entire coaching team is foreign. Tourists are travelling across the country and giving positive feedback just check youtube.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pathetic from cricket Australia. Shame on Icc for being a useless banana organisation which doesn't have any power to do anything. Cricket as a sport won't go anywhere if smaller nations aren't allowed to play against bigger nations on a consistent basis.

This useless organisation ICC doesn't allow associates to take part in major icc tournaments by citing the reason that it makes the tournament unnecessarily long, can't force major cricket playing nations to regularly play against smaller emerging cricket playing nations but expects to turn cricket into a global sport. Can it get more hilarious than this?

No wonder, cricket is dying as a sport. ICC is absolutely a shame of an organisation whose main job is licking the boot of handful number of cricket boards and take decisions to appease them.
    When BCB plays politics with others, why are you becoming salty when you get it back? Just face it you are a minnow and not a profitable tour.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    World XI toured along with many others. Our entire coaching team is foreign. Tourists are travelling across the country and giving positive feedback just check youtube.
    Few foreign coaches who get paid by PCB don't equate to a foreign test playing nation. Those foreign officials took the job of coaching Pakistan by knowing all the risks. Its their personal preference. But just because few foreign officials r working in Pakistan in return of a healthy payment doesn't necessarily mean it's safe for international cricket event. Tons of foreign delegates and journalists regularly visit Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. But that doesn't mean international events can be held in those places.

PCB can't even make all of it's contracted PSL players(who r getting a hefty amount from their respective team) to visit PAKISTAN due to security concern and here u r expecting an international test team to visit Pakistan for a full fledged series.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Few foreign coaches who get paid by PCB don't equate to a foreign test playing nation. Those foreign officials took the job of coaching Pakistan by knowing all the risks. Its their personal preference. But just because few foreign officials r working in Pakistan in return of a healthy payment doesn't necessarily mean it's safe for international cricket event. Tons of foreign delegates and journalists regularly visit Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria. But that doesn't mean international events can be held in those places.

PCB can't even make all of it's contracted PSL players(who r getting a hefty amount from their respective team) to visit PAKISTAN due to security concern and here u r expecting an international test team to visit Pakistan for a full fledged series.
    bla bla bla OZ never cancel on Pakistan though. Cricket will come back fully and don't expect any tour invites.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When BCB plays politics with others, why are you becoming salty when you get it back? Just face it you are a minnow and not a profitable tour.
    I have no intention of becoming salty. Cricket won't go anywhere if "USELESS ICC" lets this process to continue. Hosting Bangladesh won't be as much profitable for CA as hosting India for a series. Similarly, hosting Zimbabwe won't be as much profitable for BCB as hosting India for a series.

But if this is how every board individually decides who they wanna play without the supervision of a common governing body then lesser teams will never be able to come out of their minnow status. If ICC can't implement a fixed schedule for every single cricket playing nation where each of them will play similar number of matches in a calender year, then what's the point of having an organisation in the first place? Now BD is getting the axe, but give it a couple of more years and u'll see that teams like pakistan, West indies and Srilanka are also getting ignored by Australia and England.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I have no intention of becoming salty. Cricket won't go anywhere if "USELESS ICC" lets this process to continue. Hosting Bangladesh won't be as much profitable for CA as hosting India for a series. Similarly, hosting Zimbabwe won't be as much profitable for BCB as hosting India for a series.

But if this is how every board individually decides who they wanna play without the supervision of a common governing body then lesser teams will never be able to come out of their minnow status. If ICC can't implement a fixed schedule for every single cricket playing nation where each of them will play similar number of matches in a calender year, then what's the point of having an organisation in the first place? Now BD is getting the axe, but give it a couple of more years and u'll see that teams like pakistan, West indies and Srilanka are also getting ignored by Australia and England.

BD has been in international cricket for how long? How many truly world class players have BD produced? Public will not come out to see nobodies. Broadcasters will not be interested. Its just business.

Produce a world class team with quality players and boards will invite. But in your current situation where other countries are hosting you reluctantly then still hold this aggressive attitude towards Pakistan and refuse to tour, it doesn't serve your interests. Asian teams have to stick together and create profit together. It has to be win win. Pakistan toured BD 3 times only to get slapped on the face when invited to tour Pakistan. That is not win win.

You get your odd tour of India and everyone else kind of wants you to tour and then you have a sub standard team. Need to get out of this mindset and insecurity.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bla bla bla OZ never cancel on Pakistan though. Cricket will come back fully and don't expect any tour invites.
    What I expect or don't expect has little to no significance. I can just wish for a change, nothing else.

I also hope that cricket will again come back to Pakistan. Its a cricket crazy nation and its supporters deserve to watch their team playing on their home turf.

But for that to happen it's security needs to be significantly improved. First let the world know that pak is safe for cricket by hosting all the matches of ur own t20 tournament in ur own ground and then expect other international teams to visit there. Just don't expect Bangladesh to visit there if u can't make other cricket playing nation to tour Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not good. Its true that Bangladesh also did the same thing (canceling the tour) to Pakistan multiple times but still I am sad that Bangladesh is also experiencing the same thing (canceling the tour.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

But for that to happen it's security needs to be significantly improved. First let the world know that pak is safe for cricket by hosting all the matches of ur own t20 tournament in ur own ground and then expect other international teams to visit there. Just don't expect Bangladesh to visit there if u can't make other cricket playing nation to tour Pakistan.
    When SA and England tour then why would PCB want to engage with BCB for a tour? What makes you so special. Stands will not fill up and it would be like playing Nepal or Afghanistan.

This is the opportunity to secure future tours with PCB with a show of interest just like SL and WI have done. Ireland will for sure tour too which will be green light for Eng and SA to tour. Your window of opportunity is shrinking.

Not sure when you will put your ego aside because we did and thats why we toured BD 3 times.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD has been in international cricket for how long? How many truly world class players have BD produced? Public will not come out to see nobodies. Broadcasters will not be interested. Its just business.
    BD has been playing international cricket for 20 years and they have achieved a lot within this very short span of time. There were many international teams in the past which took more than 20 years to win their first ever match leave alone winning multiple serieses.

Infact Bangladesh is one of the very few teams that has improved a lot within a very shorts span of time especially if we consider the limited opportunity they get as a team.

I can go on and on. But it wasn't the crux of my argument. U totally missed the point. If u wanna see cricket as a popular international sport and want lesser teams to Improve u gotta give them equal opportunity regardless of their status as a cricket playing nation. U can't just expect them to win and change overnight if u don't allow them to play in the first place.

Produce a world class team with quality players and boards will invite. But in your current situation where other countries are hosting you reluctantly then still hold this aggressive attitude towards Pakistan and refuse to tour, it doesn't serve your interests. Asian teams have to stick together and create profit together. It has to be win win. Pakistan toured BD 3 times only to get slapped on the face when invited to tour Pakistan. That is not win win.
    Looks like u know very little about Bangladesh team. Bangladesh has already an excellent team comprised of top class performers. We have been very dominant at home in last 3/4 years in their own backyard. The only reason we can't replicate our home performance when we tour outside is due to our lack of experience in playing outside home.

How can u expect BD and Pak to stick together if ur board PCB tries to blackmail BCB to play in Pakistan when not a single country visit there? Is this how u expect to build trust? First invite BD for couple of series in UAE, then if these two boards can build a relationship based on trust then obviously BCB will think about sending Bangladesh to Pakistan if PCB can ensure proper security.

But don't expect BD to tour PAKISTAN without building a common ground. Blackmailing simply won't work.

You get your odd tour of India and everyone else kind of wants you to tour and then you have a sub standard team. Need to get out of this mindset and insecurity.
    U really didn't understand the gist of my previous posts if u think I was being insecure. Lol

I want equal opportunity(or at least close to equal) under a proper structure for every single team. Pakistan also has a sub standard team Compared to teams like Ind, Aus, England or SA. But just becase they r comparatively weaker doesn't necessarily mean they won't play as many serieses as teams like Ind, sa of Aus.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When SA and England tour then why would PCB want to engage with BCB for a tour? What makes you so special. Stands will not fill up and it would be like playing Nepal or Afghanistan.
    Hardly anybody watches matches in UAE no matter which team is playing. Filled up stands? U r talking with someone who regularly watches cricket, so pls keep these rubbish aside.

The only way Pcb earns money from uae tours is by selling TV rights, nothing else. Bangladesh is financially getting quite strong and even series in Srilanka or Ireland gets sponsored by our own companies. Therefore, we r financially more viable as a touring team than teams like SL, West Indies.

But obviously Pcb isn't interested in that regard. They want preferential treatment from BD and want us to tour Pakistan even though not a single international team visit there and terrorist attack is a regular incident there.

Obviously this types of foolish tactics won't work.

This is the opportunity to secure future tours with PCB with a show of interest just like SL and WI have done. Ireland will for sure tour too which will be green light for Eng and SA to tour. Your window of opportunity is shrinking.
    Bangladesh is in no hurry to secure future tour of Pakistan Cricket team. If Pak think that they will make BCB to tour Pakistan in this way then I must say they r as gullible as I thought them to be. U should keep in mind that its Pakistan which is not getting the chance to hold its matches in its home ground. Not the other way around.

Don't even dream of bringing cricket to Pakistan in this way. It might work against team like Zimbabwe and they might agree to tour insecure Pakistan since their board is corrupt and filled with money hungry crooks, but don't even think to work against us. BCB is financially very strong.

Not sure when you will put your ego aside because we did and thats why we toured BD 3 times.
    Yes, u toured BD 3 times but didn't think about inviting us to tour UAE for once and instead tried to blackmail us to tour Pakistan. This types of dirty tactics won't work. India already boycotted u, now BD is also not touring UAE. U r just limiting ur opportunities.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th May 2018 at 13:48.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to BCCI for setting this precedence the sad reality is this disgraceful practice of pulling out of series will continue to happen to accelerate the death of test cricket.

Having said this I have little sympathy for Bangladesh because they have refused to play Pakistan in Pakistan when they already know PCB makes losses whenever it hosts in UAE.
    Last edited by ArsenalFC; 13th May 2018 at 15:08.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    Thanks to BCCI for setting this precedence the sad reality is this disgraceful practice of pulling out of series will continue to happen to accelerate the death of test cricket.

Having said this I have little sympathy for Bangladesh because they have refused to play Pakistan in Pakistan when they already know PCB makes losses whenever it hosts in UAE.
    To be fair, they are not the only board. In fact Aus. have been refusing for 20 years.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USofA View Post
    To be fair, they are not the only board. In fact Aus. have been refusing for 20 years.
    I know they have but that's not my point. My point is if you're going to refuse to go to Pakistan then don't cry if other international sides let you down. They have no right to complain because the point is they're a minnow side and beggars can't be choosers.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why should Bangladesh play in Pakistan when u can't even hold ur own t20 league in ur own country? What's stopping Pcb to held all the matches of Psl in Pakistan? U know what's stopping them? Its the insecurity that players feel in Pakistan.

Instead of blaming others first try to improve in that regard. Why should Bangladesh risk the lives of its players by allowing them to play in Pakistan where terrorist attack is a regular Incident? Do u know how many terrorist attack took place in Pakistan in 2018 alone? PSL is giving extra money to those players who r willing to play in Pakistan. Even after paying that hefty extra amount how many foreign players have ur Pcb manged to convince to play in PSL matches which were held in Pakistan?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should Bangladesh play in Pakistan when u can't even hold ur own t20 league in ur own country? What's stopping Pcb to held all the matches of Psl in Pakistan? U know what's stopping them? Its the insecurity that players feel in Pakistan.

Instead of blaming others first try to improve in that regard. Why should Bangladesh risk the lives of its players by allowing them to play in Pakistan where terrorist attack is a regular Incident? Do u know how many terrorist attack took place in Pakistan in 2018 alone? PSL is giving extra money to those players who r willing to play in Pakistan. Even after paying that hefty extra amount how many foreign players have ur Pcb manged to convince to play in PSL matches which were held in Pakistan?
    If Bangladesh doesn't want to come Pakistan they are entitled not too but they should bare in mind that as a minnow test nation it is not financially viable for Pak to be playing them on neutral grounds because it isn't a very appetising prospect for sponsors. It is exactly the same case with Australia even though they were due to host it and doing well financially, so why should they have to suffer a loss just to accommodate some minnow who doesn't know how to play in the spirit of the game?

All I'm trying to say is it is very rich for BCB and Bangladesh fans to be crying and complaining because the fact of the matter is you reap what you sow.
    Last edited by ArsenalFC; 13th May 2018 at 18:56.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also going by your display pic it is no surprise that you have to resort to below the waist snaky remarks in regards to terrorism. Let me also remind you WI, SL, World XI and 2 PSL finals have all been hosted successfully, so take your anti-Pakistan bigotry elsewhere to another forum.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Bangladesh doesn't want to come Pakistan they are entitled not too but they should bare in mind that as a minnow test nation it is not financially viable for Pak to be playing them on neutral grounds because it isn't a very appetising prospect for sponsors. It is exactly the same case with Australia even though they were due to host it and doing well financially, so why should they have to suffer a loss just to accommodate some minnow who doesn't know how to play in the spirit of the game?

All I'm trying to say is it is very rich for BCB and Bangladesh fans to be crying and complaining because the fact of the matter is you reap what you sow.
    Wrong. U r talking as if PCB is making some big bucks by hosting trams like srilanka and west indies in UAE. Fact is Bangladesh is economically as viable as teams like srilanka and west indies if not more. The only reason Pak haven't invited BD in UAE is because of the fact that it tried to blackmail BCB to tour Pakistan and thought they would mange to force BCB to send their team to Pakistan if they constantly refuse to invite BD in UAE.

BCB ignored this pointless threat for obvious reason. There is no way BCB will risk the life of its players and send them to Pakistan when not a single test playing nation bothers to visit there. Fact is PCB tried to act big by forgetting the fact that they r still a tiny board without any financial power.

Pakistan is also a minnow team in front of Australia in Australia. So, stop this big boy attitude. U aren't one of them. Do u even know when was the the last time Pakistan drew a test in Australia? Remember what Ian Chappel said about Pakistan team in Australia? Every team should be invited by everyone regardless of their status as a cricket playing nation in order to take cricket forward as a game. If ICC can't ensure it, cricket is destined to fail as an international sport.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also going by your display pic it is no surprise that you have to resort to below the waist snaky remarks in regards to terrorism. Let me also remind you WI, SL, World XI and 2 PSL finals have all been hosted successfully, so take your anti-Pakistan bigotry elsewhere to another forum.
    Where did u see bigotry? Telling that Pakistan isn't safe for Bangladesh to tour doesn't equate to discrediting Pakistan by any stretch of imagination. Stop this ultra nationalistic view. If terrorist attack happens in Pakistan and teams refuse to visit there for that reason be prepared to listen to those points without getting overly emotional.

Didn't players like Hales, Roy, Morgan or kp refuse to visit pak for eliminators even though they were the heart and soul of their Psl team and all of them were getting some hefty amount from their respective teams. When u can't even make players to play a simple t20 match after paying them huge bucks, how can u expect a test playing nation to visit the very same country for a full fledged series?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong. U r talking as if PCB is making some big bucks by hosting trams like srilanka and west indies in UAE. Fact is Bangladesh is economically as viable as teams like srilanka and west indies if not more. The only reason Pak haven't invited BD in UAE is because of the fact that it tried to blackmail BCB to tour Pakistan and thought they would mange to force BCB to send their team to Pakistan if they constantly refuse to invite BD in UAE.

BCB ignored this pointless threat for obvious reason. There is no way BCB will risk the life of its players and send them to Pakistan when not a single test playing nation bothers to visit there. Fact is PCB tried to act big by forgetting the fact that they r still a tiny board without any financial power.

Pakistan is also a minnow team in front of Australia in Australia. So, stop this big boy attitude. U aren't one of them. Do u even know when was the the last time Pakistan drew a test in Australia? Remember what Ian Chappel said about Pakistan team in Australia? Every team should be invited by everyone regardless of their status as a cricket playing nation in order to take cricket forward as a game. If ICC can't ensure it, cricket is destined to fail as an international sport.
    The argument becomes nonsensical as soon as you bring up SL and Windies because they've both been to Pakistan this year. In addition SL and Windies are similar in test ranking to Bangladesh but the former two are more attractive investments for the sponsors because of their relatively rich cricketing history.

I agree with Chappell's comments 100% and if you take it in context they were aimed at Misbah due to his negative style of play which was always going to draw criticism. Also |I respect him because he is consistent and said the same thing about Australia in regards to their record in Asia.

Pakistan are not viewed in the same way as Bangladesh for Aussies at present because firstly they refused to host your team like they're bunch of nobodies and secondly Australia got beaten by every team (including whitewash in UAE) last time they toured each Asian nation except Bangladesh.

Also this Bangladesh side would lose to Ireland in Dublin with such conditions and it's only a matter of time before Afghanistan overtakes you guys in ODIs. In T20s Bengali posters on here have already admitted to the fact your team is inferior to the Afghans in this format. I say it again beggars cannot be choosers particularly if you're a minnow...

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did u see bigotry? Telling that Pakistan isn't safe for Bangladesh to tour doesn't equate to discrediting Pakistan by any stretch of imagination. Stop this ultra nationalistic view. If terrorist attack happens in Pakistan and teams refuse to visit there for that reason be prepared to listen to those points without getting overly emotional.

Didn't players like Hales, Roy, Morgan or kp refuse to visit pak for eliminators even though they were the heart and soul of their Psl team and all of them were getting some hefty amount from their respective teams. When u can't even make players to play a simple t20 match after paying them huge bucks, how can u expect a test playing nation to visit the very same country for a full fledged series?
    I would rather have a PSL in UAE from first to final games with no foreign players than BPL set up with all the foreign players because Pakistan would still outperform Bangladesh in every format and win more trophies like last year in the CT. Holla back when you have won an ICC global event or reached number 1 in tests.
    Last edited by ArsenalFC; 13th May 2018 at 19:49.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The argument becomes nonsensical as soon as you bring up SL and Windies because they've both been to Pakistan this year. In addition SL and Windies are similar in test ranking to Bangladesh but the former two are more attractive investments for the sponsors because of their relatively rich cricketing history.
    This point of urs is ridiculous in so many levels that I don't even Know where should I start. First of all before talking about srilanka's presence in Pakistan tell me how many matches have sri lanka played in Pakistan on that series?

U r making it sound like srilanka has played the whole series in Pakistan when the fact is they played a single t20 there and even then most of their regular members didn't agree to visit there by citing security concern.

Fact is u r trying to hype up that srilanka's visit of pakistan where they played a single t20 match. That match was nothing more than an eyewash. How long have srilankan team arated/stayed in Pakistan? Yes, it wasn't more than 24 hours. Even then, regular players like Tharanga, dhananjya, Mathews, malinga refused to tour there and made them unavailable for the selection.

Even srilanka's head coach didn't visit Pakistan. That single match that was played by Lanka in Pakistan can be said everything, but not a serious international match.

I agree with Chappell's comments 100% and if you take it in context they were aimed at Misbah due to his negative style of play which was always going to draw criticism. Also |I respect him because he is consistent and said the same thing about Australia in regards to their record in Asia.
    He made that comment to illustrate Pakistan's poor record against Australia in Australia in last 10/15 years where they failed to even draw a single test match leave alone winning one.

Pakistan are not viewed in the same way as Bangladesh for Aussies at present because firstly they refused to host your team like they're bunch of nobodies and secondly Australia got beaten by every team (including whitewash in UAE) last time they toured each Asian nation except Bangladesh.
    Australia got hit financially due to their recent scandal and if Pakistan were in place of Bangladesh its almost certain Australia would've taken the similar decision. Would I support it if Australia did the same to pak? Of course not. Because I believe individual boards shouldn't enjoy the right to call off such tours. Fact is when it comes to playing tests in Australia Pakistan is as pathetic as Bangladesh.

Secondly, Australia also got beaten by babgladesh, so was England and Srilanka. Fact is, these teams r canceling the tours because ICC is letting them to do such things without any consequences. Today BD is getting the hit, and tomorrow pak will get the similar treatment since their team is also filled with a bunch of nobodies who don't have any star power.

Also this Bangladesh side would lose to Ireland in Dublin with such conditions and it's only a matter of time before Afghanistan overtakes you guys in ODIs. In T20s Bengali posters on here have already admitted to the fact your team is inferior to the Afghans in this format. I say it again beggars cannot be choosers particularly if you're a minnow...
    Looks like u have a habit of getting overly emotional. Bangladesh has been doing really well in last 3/4 years both in tests and ODIs. Remember how kiwis smashed Pakistan in UAE in ODIs? Or do u remember the way pak got hammered when they toured New Zealand right after winning the CT. That same new Zealand team got smashed the last two times they toured BD.

I have little to no concern about what my bengali posters admitted. Perhaps some of them said such things( since they r entitled to their views) or perhaps u have just made that up. Its totally irrelevant. I have seen many pak posters who claimed that pak is worse than Zimbabwe in limited overs cricket. Doesn't mean anything.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather have a PSL in UAE from first to final games with no foreign players than BPL set up with all the foreign players because Pakistan would still outperform Bangladesh in every format and win more trophies like last year in the CT. Holla back when you have won an ICC global event or reached number 1 in tests.
    Lol. Its hilarious to see the way u r getting agitated.

Pakistan can do whatever it wishes to do with its PSL. I certainly will have no problem with that. I wouldn't even bother to entertain u with my reply if u weren't Ridiculously blaming BCB for not touring Pakistan when the fact is Pakistan is still unsafe for international Cricket(illustrated from the fact that no international team goes there to play a full fledged series and even PCB can't held its own t20 league in their own backyard Pakistan).

How many trophies pak have won isn't the topic of debate here. Pak can be a good team. It doesn't affect me in any way. Even West indies won plenty in their hey days, but now they r a nobody. The point of the debate is whether pak is safe for Bangladesh to make a tour or not? Pakistan can have 10 wc titles but If its not safe for international players due to terrorist attack or other incidents, teams like Bangladesh will not simply visit there.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 13th May 2018 at 20:51.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This point of urs is ridiculous in so many levels that I don't even Know where should I start. First of all before talking about srilanka's presence in Pakistan tell me how many matches have sri lanka played in Pakistan on that series?

U r making it sound like srilanka has played the whole series in Pakistan when the fact is they played a single t20 there and even then most of their regular members didn't agree to visit there by citing security concern.

Fact is u r trying to hype up that srilanka's visit of pakistan where they played a single t20 match. That match was nothing more than an eyewash. How long have srilankan team arated/stayed in Pakistan? Yes, it wasn't more than 24 hours. Even then, regular players like Tharanga, dhananjya, Mathews, malinga refused to tour there and made them unavailable for the selection.

Even srilanka's head coach didn't visit Pakistan. That single match that was played by Lanka in Pakistan can be said everything, but not a serious international match.

He made that comment to illustrate Pakistan's poor record against Australia in Australia in last 10/15 years where they failed to even draw a single test match leave alone winning one.

Australia got hit financially due to their recent scandal and if Pakistan were in place of Bangladesh its almost certain Australia would've taken the similar decision. Would I support it if Australia did the same to pak? Of course not. Because I believe individual boards shouldn't enjoy the right to call off such tours. Fact is when it comes to playing tests in Australia Pakistan is as pathetic as Bangladesh.

Secondly, Australia also got beaten by babgladesh, so was England and Srilanka. Fact is, these teams r canceling the tours because ICC is letting them to do such things without any consequences. Today BD is getting the hit, and tomorrow pak will get the similar treatment since their team is also filled with a bunch of nobodies who don't have any star power.

Looks like u have a habit of getting overly emotional. Bangladesh has been doing really well in last 3/4 years both in tests and ODIs. Remember how kiwis smashed Pakistan in UAE in ODIs? Or do u remember the way pak got hammered when they toured New Zealand right after winning the CT. That same new Zealand team got smashed the last two times they toured BD.

I have little to no concern about what my bengali posters admitted. Perhaps some of them said such things( since they r entitled to their views) or perhaps u have just made that up. Its totally irrelevant. I have seen many pak posters who claimed that pak is worse than Zimbabwe in limited overs cricket. Doesn't mean anything.
    Well look if you want to live in your fantasies then please go ahead, but to suggest given that Australia ditched Bangladesh they would do the same to Pakistan has shown your true colours as another bitter Bangladesh fan.

No Australia did not get beaten by Bangladesh it was a draw - again lets distinguish between reality and fantasy please.

I would continue debating with you but I'm sorry like the Bangladesh team in the international circuit, I really don't want to expose you any further.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before I say good night my dear fresh pot, go to the Afghanistan v Bangladesh T20 thread and you'll see the facts for yourself. I know it's hard to accept the reality and it is far easier to come up with jibes like "perhaps u have just made that up" but perhaps you need to be better informed about Bangladesh cricket first before you debate on PP.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardly anybody watches matches in UAE no matter which team is playing. Filled up stands? U r talking with someone who regularly watches cricket, so pls keep these rubbish aside.

The only way Pcb earns money from uae tours is by selling TV rights, nothing else. Bangladesh is financially getting quite strong and even series in Srilanka or Ireland gets sponsored by our own companies. Therefore, we r financially more viable as a touring team than teams like SL, West Indies.

But obviously Pcb isn't interested in that regard. They want preferential treatment from BD and want us to tour Pakistan even though not a single international team visit there and terrorist attack is a regular incident there.

Obviously this types of foolish tactics won't work.

Bangladesh is in no hurry to secure future tour of Pakistan Cricket team. If Pak think that they will make BCB to tour Pakistan in this way then I must say they r as gullible as I thought them to be. U should keep in mind that its Pakistan which is not getting the chance to hold its matches in its home ground. Not the other way around.

Don't even dream of bringing cricket to Pakistan in this way. It might work against team like Zimbabwe and they might agree to tour insecure Pakistan since their board is corrupt and filled with money hungry crooks, but don't even think to work against us. BCB is financially very strong.

Yes, u toured BD 3 times but didn't think about inviting us to tour UAE for once and instead tried to blackmail us to tour Pakistan. This types of dirty tactics won't work. India already boycotted u, now BD is also not touring UAE. U r just limiting ur opportunities.
    Whilst I dont believe the numbers, 2 boards saying we are not financially viable gives the stance some credit.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well look if you want to live in your fantasies then please go ahead, but to suggest given that Australia ditched Bangladesh they would do the same to Pakistan has shown your true colours as another bitter Bangladesh fan.

Yes, yes I became a bitter Bangladeshi fan because I gave u a dose of reality. Just to remind u, ur pointless assertion about me means a zilch to me.

R u sure that's it's not u who's living in fantasies where Pakistan is safe for international cricket? In ur little fantasy every x, u z teams were visiting Pakistan but the only exception was BD where they were constantly refusing to tour Pakistan due to their internal politics and what not lol

No Australia did not get beaten by Bangladesh it was a draw - again lets distinguish between reality and fantasy please.

I would continue debating with you but I'm sorry like the Bangladesh team in the international circuit, I really don't want to expose you any further.
    Why did u think I mention srilanka and England along with Australia? In every single occasion Bangladesh won one test, lost the another and the end result of each series was a draw( series against Australia, England and Srilanka). Obviously I can't help ur compression skill.

The chain of events in last 15/20 months clearly illustrates PCB's misplaced ego where they thought themselves as some big board by forgetting their true financial strength. Otherwise they would not foolishly try to flex their arm. First they ignored to invite Bangladesh TO UAE by citing financial loss ( which was absolutely baseless since they invited way less FINANCIALLY VIABLE teams like srilanka and west INDIES in UAE).

Secondly they canceled the preplanned BD tour without citing any VALID reason what so ever. They thought they would mange to force bcb to send Bangladesh to Pak in this way, lol.

3rdly, remember PCB's hilarious attempt to threat bcb by saying that they wouldn't allow pak players to play in BPL. But when the real show began, all of those useless threat got evaporated and Pcb was literally forced to allow its players to take part in BPL due to the demand of pak players ( even though Pakistan domestic t20 was going on during that period). That's why I said in my very first post that Pcb should not get ahead of itself and should stop their attempt of blackmailing BCB to make a tour TO Pakistan. Those types of dirty tactics simply won't work.

First build a trustworthy relationship and play couple of serieses in UAE. Then if BCB sees that pak is relatively safe for Bangladesh to make a visit, they will obviously allow it.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Whilst I dont believe the numbers, 2 boards saying we are not financially viable gives the stance some credit.
    @MMHS will be able to explain this point in detail. I can simply say don't equate BD in Australia with BD in UAE.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS will be able to explain this point in detail. I can simply say don't equate BD in Australia with BD in UAE.
    I do not think UAE is cheap for Pk. We should also reevaluate why our brand is so weak despite a powerhouse economy.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Just lost interest in this thread, therefore decided to rest a side - it's not good for PP that Mods need to delete multiple posts in a thread. But, since you tagged ....

Aussies didn't say that it's because of BD the series isn't financially viable, rather they didn't find a broadcaster during busy season of other sports, so they are cancelling the series (rescheduling actually, but without Test). May be, they are sugar quoting it, because technically they can't say directly that they won't host a team pre-scheduled in FTP for financial reasons. But, I give them some space here - a AUS-BD Test series in off season indeed isn't the most lucrative proposition and they have some hard times from sponsors recently - don't think, if it was IND, SAF or Poms - CA would have postponed the series - but then, those Series won't have taken place in off season; and even if so, there won't be any scarcity of broadcasters; therefore I do believe it's the quality of opponents has a big factor in it.

Hosting BD by PCB in UAE is a different issue, because even in this thread from PAK posters I find 2 contradictory reasons - one group is trying to convince that hosting BD isn't financially viable ..... as if they are making lots of money from hosting WIN, SRL, NZ; other group is saying BD isn't worthy opponents, as PAK viewers' taste is stuck in Lara, Sanath ..... hence they are still happy to drink water in bottle and believe that they are drinking Scotch - AKA Jason Mo. And, both sides are telling that it's not worthy to host BD in UAE, because of financial viability or talunt gap between 6th & 7th ranked team .... but it's feasible to host BD in PAK, and suddenly Benjamin Franklin will start to pour in bundles and Tamim, Shakib will erase the memory of Lara, Sanath.

BCB was telling that PAK isn't safe enough to send National team, because of PAK's status as high risk country and BCB's effort (to send a team under National blazer) will end in a successful challenge in court - every-time, until PAK's status changes. Individually, they are not blocking BD players to tour PAK, at own risk; which I understand as a good will & support to bring cricket in PAK. But, people are well come to believe that BCB did it in fear - kahin, PCB might block PAK superstars in BPL and, that Pauper league band na ho jaye ..... I can't stop people thinking such, and they can't stop me have a laugh at the idea - so it's a stalemate.

My point is even straight forward. PCB wanted to bully BCB, to bring cricket in PAK - let them enjoy the status, if they can bring teams in PAK as such. Partially, indeed PCB is successful - ZIM, World XI, half-cooked SRL & Jason Mo led WIN did sell well in PP; so we'll keep enjoying such threads running hot in PP for long, long time, until some people realizes - who is stealing the cheese. That day, you won't see such threads reaching 5 posts, let alone 5 pages. And, I am sure at one point, BCB will become a factor for PCB - they are trying a legal battle against BCCI, for not honoring "some" commitment ...... then declined a tour of BD under FTP, without any valid reason; I hope BCCI's lawyer is dumb enough to overlook this point, for the sake of PCB's case.

There is another ill informed claim I see is that PAK toured BD for last 3 series - which actually isn't true. Technically, BD hosted 3 tours of PAK, because due to security issues PCB couldn't host it in PAK, and due to financial issues, it wasn't interested to host in UAE - hence 2015 Series was arranged in BD and PCB was compensated - it ends there. This 2017 Series was BCB's hosting right & it's unconditional
    - absolutely no reason for PCB to decline last BD tour, hence no bilateral series with PAK - be it any where. Let it remain like that for a decade and let's see KPKD (Kiskey Paas, Kitney Dum) .........

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hosting BD by PCB in UAE is a different issue, because even in this thread from PAK posters I find 2 contradictory reasons - one group is trying to convince that hosting BD isn't financially viable ..... as if they are making lots of money from hosting WIN, SRL, NZ; other group is saying BD isn't worthy opponents, as PAK viewers' taste is stuck in Lara, Sanath ..... hence they are still happy to drink water in bottle and believe that they are drinking Scotch - AKA Jason Mo. And, both sides are telling that it's not worthy to host BD in UAE, because of financial viability or talunt gap between 6th & 7th ranked team .... but it's feasible to host BD in PAK, and suddenly Benjamin Franklin will start to pour in bundles and Tamim, Shakib will erase the memory of Lara, Sanath.
    posters =/= PCB -- in other words, what posters claim is irrelevant to reality

the fact is playing in the UAE is extremely expensive for PCB, and has been very taxing on the PCB.

hosting BD will either be marginally profitable, or more likely a financial loss (no offence to BD here, PCB would take the loss here for probably 6-7 teams).. hence the PCB won't support the series

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    posters =/= PCB -- in other words, what posters claim is irrelevant to reality

the fact is playing in the UAE is extremely expensive for PCB, and has been very taxing on the PCB.

hosting BD will either be marginally profitable, or more likely a financial loss (no offence to BD here, PCB would take the loss here for probably 6-7 teams).. hence the PCB won't support the series
    Even if I take that as an excuse, the solution was easiest for BD's case - PAK is the most popular foreign team in BD, and most of the players are almost like a house hold name in BPL, Dhaka League. PCB can easily host BD in BD, with media rights intact, or a revenue sharing model - acclimatization would be much easier for PAK players in BD than UAE, and PCB can arrange A tours, age level tours as well at minimum cost, at the Sports Academy in Savar, which has world class facilities, accommodation and 4 FC status grounds. PCB can host BD in SRL, Malaysia (where lots of BD-PAK people there), ...... UK, NZ, ZIM ....... even in USA, Canada or SAF - it's the media rights that matters; net off expenses (which is among highest in UAE).

Why it has to be spellbound that PAK can host BD only in PAK or not? BCB categorically stated every time that BD is ready to play PAK anywhere, even in PAK, subject to security Clarence - it's a legal obligation, not choice. PCB bribed ZCB to force their players visit PAK, and then brought Jason Mo's WIN - if they think, they'll be successful with BCB, treating like ZCB or WICB, they are living in fools paradise - you have to be PCB level stupid not to notice that zamana badal gaya ......

Nazam Sethi is educated enough to interpret few economic factors, not only in cricket - if he sticks to his stand regarding BD, he is fooling himself only, along with some delusional people here.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lost interest in this thread, therefore decided to rest a side - it's not good for PP that Mods need to delete multiple posts in a thread. But, since you tagged ....

Aussies didn't say that it's because of BD the series isn't financially viable, rather they didn't find a broadcaster during busy season of other sports, so they are cancelling the series (rescheduling actually, but without Test). May be, they are sugar quoting it, because technically they can't say directly that they won't host a team pre-scheduled in FTP for financial reasons. But, I give them some space here - a AUS-BD Test series in off season indeed isn't the most lucrative proposition and they have some hard times from sponsors recently - don't think, if it was IND, SAF or Poms - CA would have postponed the series - but then, those Series won't have taken place in off season; and even if so, there won't be any scarcity of broadcasters; therefore I do believe it's the quality of opponents has a big factor in it.

BCB was telling that PAK isn't safe enough to send National team, because of PAK's status as high risk country and BCB's effort (to send a team under National blazer) will end in a successful challenge in court - every-time, until PAK's status changes. Individually, they are not blocking BD players to tour PAK, at own risk; which I understand as a good will & support to bring cricket in PAK. But, people are well come to believe that BCB did it in fear - kahin, PCB might block PAK superstars in BPL and, that Pauper league band na ho jaye ..... I can't stop people thinking such, and they can't stop me have a laugh at the idea - so it's a stalemate.

My point is even straight forward. PCB wanted to bully BCB, to bring cricket in PAK - let them enjoy the status, if they can bring teams in PAK as such. Partially, indeed PCB is successful - ZIM, World XI, half-cooked SRL & Jason Mo led WIN did sell well in PP; so we'll keep enjoying such threads running hot in PP for long, long time, until some people realizes - who is stealing the cheese. That day, you won't see such threads reaching 5 posts, let alone 5 pages. And, I am sure at one point, BCB will become a factor for PCB - they are trying a legal battle against BCCI, for not honoring "some" commitment ...... then declined a tour of BD under FTP, without any valid reason; I hope BCCI's lawyer is dumb enough to overlook this point, for the sake of PCB's case.

There is another ill informed claim I see is that PAK toured BD for last 3 series - which actually isn't true. Technically, BD hosted 3 tours of PAK, because due to security issues PCB couldn't host it in PAK, and due to financial issues, it wasn't interested to host in UAE - hence 2015 Series was arranged in BD and PCB was compensated - it ends there. This 2017 Series was BCB's hosting right & it's unconditional
    - absolutely no reason for PCB to decline last BD tour, hence no bilateral series with PAK - be it any where. Let it remain like that for a decade and let's see KPKD (Kiskey Paas, Kitney Dum) .........
    Superb post as always. Frankly speaking, my view about this whole scenario got more clearer after reading this post. Thank u.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB doesn't care about playing Bangladesh. That's the bottom line.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking ahead, what happens when the Test Championship kicks in? Does the BD-Pak. series go the Ind.-Pak. way? They don't play at all?

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    PCB doesn't care about playing Bangladesh. That's the bottom line.
    If thats how you feel then fine. I am not even interested in debating whether this is true or not, but ok.

Taking that line...how would you feel when the rest of the world trots out the same argument when it comes to playing Pakistan. Willing to accept it then?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I just want to put this out there for those that continue to harp on about terror and security in pakistan:

In 2005 the last time we had a white nation team tour us, there were a total of 648 deaths related to terrorism in pakistan. 430 were civilians.

In 2008 the last time bangladesh toured Pakistan for some ODIs and t20's and the last time we held a multi team tournament that included India, there were 6715 deaths related to terrorism.

In 2009 (the worst time for us) we were in a war situation and hence there were 11704 deaths related to terrorism. Yes people we were in a war at the time.

in 2017 there were 1260 deaths related to terrorism

in 2018 as of now there have been 155 deaths related to terrorism. Now these numbers include both insurgent deaths, civilian deaths and personnel deaths.

since cricketers are civilians in 2018 we lost 48 people to terrorism.

Now my question is in 2008 we were getting hit left right and centre but teams played matches and were happy to tour. The security is much better now, we can hold multiple games in stadiums, what is the problem?

by contrast india has already seen a rise in terrorism and 339 people have lost their lives due to terrorism alone in 2018. The numbers are expected to rise due to the kashmir crackdown.

So the question is simple. Terror incidents are down significantly and have reached 2005 levels. So why cant bangladesh tour?? you came when it was alot less safe last time?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I just want to put this out there for those that continue to harp on about terror and security in pakistan:

In 2005 the last time we had a white nation team tour us, there were a total of 648 deaths related to terrorism in pakistan. 430 were civilians.

In 2008 the last time bangladesh toured Pakistan for some ODIs and t20's and the last time we held a multi team tournament that included India, there were 6715 deaths related to terrorism.

In 2009 (the worst time for us) we were in a war situation and hence there were 11704 deaths related to terrorism. Yes people we were in a war at the time.

in 2018 as of now there have been 155 deaths related to terrorism. Now these numbers include both insurgent deaths, civilian deaths and personnel deaths.

Now my question is in 2008 we were getting hit left right and centre but teams played matches and were happy to tour. The security is much better now, we can hold multiple games in stadiums, what is the problem?

by contrast india has already seen a rise in terrorism and 339 people have lost their lives due to terrorism alone in 2018. The numbers are expected to rise due to the kashmir crackdown.

So the question is simple. Terror incidents are down significantly and have reached 2005 levels. So why cant bangladesh tour?? you came when it was alot less safe last time?
    Simple answer. They are controlled by BCCI and are stopped from touring.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason is quite simple too.

Pakistan is not safe for our players to visit there. U can harp as much as u want regarding the improved security situation in ur country but the fact is terrorist attack is still a regular incident in Pakistan.

Before 2009, everyone believed that at lest Cricket teams wont come under any threat in Pakistan. That's why even though death toll were quite high even in 2005, teams did not hesitate to visit there (barring few exception like Team Australia). But that perception changed after 2009.

Hypothetically even if BCB agrees to send the team to Pakistan, someone will take the matter to court and Court will simply rule against BCB. The whole process will be a complete waste of time and money. But obviously PCB is to dumb to realize it.

If Pakistan is so safe and secure why is PCB holding most of the matches of its t20 league in UAE? Why are not every single PSL match is taking place in Pakistan? If Pakistan can't hold all the matches of it's own t20 league, how on earth it expects a test playing nation to visit there for a full fledged series?
    Last edited by RainMan_; 14th May 2018 at 11:06.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid87 View Post
    If thats how you feel then fine. I am not even interested in debating whether this is true or not, but ok.

Taking that line...how would you feel when the rest of the world trots out the same argument when it comes to playing Pakistan. Willing to accept it then?
    Pcb chairman always talks about how he got betrayed by BCCI and how BCCI didn't honor the MOU but he is too foolish to realize that he himself did the same to blackmail BCB when the shoe was on his foot.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pakistan is not safe for our players to visit there. U can harp as much as u want regarding the improved security situation in ur country but the fact is terrorist attack is still a regular incident in Pakistan.

Before 2009, everyone believed that at lest Cricket teams wont come under any threat in Pakistan. That's why even though death toll were quite high even in 2005, teams did not hesitate to visit there (barring few exception like Team Australia). But that perception changed after 2009.

Hypothetically even if BCB agrees to send the team to Pakistan, someone will take the matter to court and Court will simply rule against BCB. The whole process will be a complete waste of time and money. But obviously PCB is to dumb to realize it.

If Pakistan is so safe and secure why is PCB holding most of the matches of its t20 league in UAE? Why are not every single PSL match is taking place in Pakistan? If Pakistan can't hold all the matches of it's own t20 league, how on earth it expects a test playing nation to visit there for a full fledged series?
    Ill answer youre last question first. Its about perception and fear. The pakistani authorities are fearful that even a single incident can take things back to square one. Hence it is prudent to take a gradual approach and assess security procedures. So it is a practical methodology. The PCB are also working with international consultants who help recommend measures that can placate fears.

The myth that cricketers or sports people were safe was an unfortunate perception which ultimately lead to 2009. But I dont want to go into the detail of 2009 as there are serious questions to answer from the then governor salman taseer and his changing of security. But thats another topic.

So lets get to the bottom of it. Terror attacks are down, security is high to protect players, Pakistan has proven is can hold events even when there is a war zone outside. We are not in a war zone now so with increased security in place and the war ending there isnt an excuse other than politics. Bangladesh are no better than the west indies and they came. So did sri lanka. So did the world 11. So did quite a few bangladesh players like tamim. So inmho there is no reason not to tour for some matches.

Your ranting is now out dated and is something we heard alot on this forum about 9 years ago. The situation ahs changed drastically and asian teams should support us. Unless you dont want to for some reason?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do tell this to your super star to not tour pakistan by risking their life for some easy money by playing in pakistan whether it is world 11 tour or PSL matches .i guess dollar do change their mind right?

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill answer youre last question first. Its about perception and fear. The pakistani authorities are fearful that even a single incident can take things back to square one. Hence it is prudent to take a gradual approach and assess security procedures. So it is a practical methodology. The PCB are also working with international consultants who help recommend measures that can placate fears.
    Then let them do their Job first. PSL authority is fearful of the fact that a lengthy PSL tournament might bring some unwanted attention from the terrorist groups and it might become a primary target of such groups.

That's why they r taking it slow. Same with BCB. They also don't wanna send their Players to Pakistan due to the fear that these players might get targeted in Pakistan. Let PCB apply as much practical method as they want to eliminate the fear. But don't expect BCB to send a team to Pakistan if PCB can not prove a drastic change in the whole security situation. Its impractical.

So lets get to the bottom of it. Terror attacks are down, security is high to protect players, Pakistan has proven is can hold events even when there is a war zone outside. We are not in a war zone now so with increased security in place and the war ending there isnt an excuse other than politics. Bangladesh are no better than the west indies and they came. So did sri lanka. So did the world 11. So did quite a few bangladesh players like tamim. So inmho there is no reason not to tour for some matches.
    Sri Lanka Played only one t20 and stayed for less than 24 hours in Pakistan. Even the, most of their regular players like mathews, lakmal, tharanga, malinga refused to come to Pakistan due to security concern. That SL team did not even have its main Coach traveling with them due to security concern. So, that's an irrelevant example.

If security situation is indeed improving in Pakistan, then its good for them. They should show the whole world that Pakistan is safe for international cricket by holding all the PSL matches in Pakistan in the coming years. If BCB sees that Pakistan is holding International standard league in Pakistan where lots of foreign players r playing without facing any security issues, then BCB will obviously reassess the situation.

We r neither in a war with Pakistan, nor do we have any issue with PCB. We will obviously send our team if Pakistan can prove its secure condition by following the way i have discussed in my previous post. I m suggesting PCB to Just stop these useless bullying and blackmailing. This types of hilarious tactic wont work with BCB.

Your ranting is now out dated and is something we heard alot on this forum about 9 years ago. The situation ahs changed drastically and asian teams should support us. Unless you dont want to for some reason?
    Whether u will consider the valid points that i raised about the security situation in Pakistan as pointless rant or not is totally up to u.

Asian teams like Bangladesh will support u for what? In recent years PCB has done one thing to BCB and that is Bullying, nothing else. First they did not invite Bangladesh in UAE by citing financial reasons, then they canceled their pre-planned tour of Bangladesh in order to blackmail BCB and lastly threatened to ban Pak players from playing in BPL.

Is this how PCB wanna make friends? Is this why BCB should support PCB? lol

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Do tell this to your super star to not tour pakistan by risking their life for some easy money by playing in pakistan whether it is world 11 tour or PSL matches .i guess dollar do change their mind right?
    That's their Personal decision. If they decide to play in any ''UNSAFE'' place after evaluating the RISK vs REWARD then why should BCB intervene ? They can play wherever they want in their free time. Their life, their choice

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys! Stay on topic and do not get personal.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Its not just about how many people have been killed, there are many things that come into consideration.

Speaking from an Australian perspective our government has to have enough confidence that if things do go bad they can easily arrange extraction of the players. This means they have the ability to organise planes to extract the players or people on the ground that can organise safe passage for the players. I dont think the Australian government have enough trusted people in Pakistan to turn to if things do go bad. This is not to say that Pakistan cannot be trusted but the relationship between Pakistan and Australia is not developed to the point where both governments offer uncomplicated access in emergencies.

Neither country have enough people in either country to provide their own countrymen support and services in emergencies. CA do not have the capacity to manage the team in a crisis in another country and rely on the government for that protection and without the government guarantee it would be negligence on their behalf. Therefore the ability of CA to send a team to any country relies soley on the Australian government and its relationship with the country they wish to visit.

So in essence for Australia to visit Pakistan will require meaningful work from both governments to overcome these fundamental problems. This is not a swipe at Pakistan but our two governments are not at a point where both feel they have a open and comfortable relationship.
    Last edited by Gilly; 14th May 2018 at 13:43.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Then let them do their Job first. PSL authority is fearful of the fact that a lengthy PSL tournament might bring some unwanted attention from the terrorist groups and it might become a primary target of such groups.

That's why they r taking it slow. Same with BCB. They also don't wanna send their Players to Pakistan due to the fear that these players might get targeted in Pakistan. Let PCB apply as much practical method as they want to eliminate the fear. But don't expect BCB to send a team to Pakistan if PCB can not prove a drastic change in the whole security situation. Its impractical.

Sri Lanka Played only one t20 and stayed for less than 24 hours in Pakistan. Even the, most of their regular players like mathews, lakmal, tharanga, malinga refused to come to Pakistan due to security concern. That SL team did not even have its main Coach traveling with them due to security concern. So, that's an irrelevant example.

If security situation is indeed improving in Pakistan, then its good for them. They should show the whole world that Pakistan is safe for international cricket by holding all the PSL matches in Pakistan in the coming years. If BCB sees that Pakistan is holding International standard league in Pakistan where lots of foreign players r playing without facing any security issues, then BCB will obviously reassess the situation.

We r neither in a war with Pakistan, nor do we have any issue with PCB. We will obviously send our team if Pakistan can prove its secure condition by following the way i have discussed in my previous post. I m suggesting PCB to Just stop these useless bullying and blackmailing. This types of hilarious tactic wont work with BCB.

Whether u will consider the valid points that i raised about the security situation in Pakistan as pointless rant or not is totally up to u.

Asian teams like Bangladesh will support u for what? In recent years PCB has done one thing to BCB and that is Bullying, nothing else. First they did not invite Bangladesh in UAE by citing financial reasons, then they canceled their pre-planned tour of Bangladesh in order to blackmail BCB and lastly threatened to ban Pak players from playing in BPL.

Is this how PCB wanna make friends? Is this why BCB should support PCB? lol
    ok so let me get this straight. Until and unless pakistan hosts nearly 30 games Bangladesh wont tour? A test lasts five days, a t20 a few hours and an ODI about 6 hours ..Are you telling me that Pakistan hosting the world eleven for three matches, sri lanka, and then the west indies for 6 matches, plus the PSL finals and some group playoffs is not enough for the mighty Bangladesh?

You dont even have to come for a full tour, the PCB would be happy to have three ODI's and some t20's to placate you..but alas..chulo its your loss..

as for why you should support us? why? dont you want to support us? at every stage of your existence pakistan cricket has supported you. So a bit of comraderey can go a long way. But it seems you guys think your the next BCCI or something. I would suggest coming down from the clouds and waking up to reality.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    ok so let me get this straight. Until and unless pakistan hosts nearly 30 games Bangladesh wont tour? A test lasts five days, a t20 a few hours and an ODI about 6 hours ..Are you telling me that Pakistan hosting the world eleven for three matches, sri lanka, and then the west indies for 6 matches, plus the PSL finals and some group playoffs is not enough for the mighty Bangladesh?

You dont even have to come for a full tour, the PCB would be happy to have three ODI's and some t20's to placate you..but alas..chulo its your loss..

as for why you should support us? why? dont you want to support us? at every stage of your existence pakistan cricket has supported you. So a bit of comraderey can go a long way. But it seems you guys think your the next BCCI or something. I would suggest coming down from the clouds and waking up to reality.
    They think they are a powerful cricket nation with world class players and everyone is itching to play them. The rest of the world has to tour Pakistan so Pakistan can become worthy of hosting the mighty ATG BD team.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Its not just about how many people have been killed, there are many things that come into consideration.

Speaking from an Australian perspective our government has to have enough confidence that if things do go bad they can easily arrange extraction of the players. This means they have the ability to organise planes to extract the players or people on the ground that can organise safe passage for the players. I dont think the Australian government have enough trusted people in Pakistan to turn to if things do go bad. This is not to say that Pakistan cannot be trusted but the relationship between Pakistan and Australia is not developed to the point where both governments offer uncomplicated access in emergencies.

Neither country have enough people in either country to provide their own countrymen support and services in emergencies. CA do not have the capacity to manage the team in a crisis in another country and rely on the government for that protection and without the government guarantee it would be negligence on their behalf. Therefore the ability of CA to send a team to any country relies soley on the Australian government and its relationship with the country they wish to visit.

So in essence for Australia to visit Pakistan will require meaningful work from both governments to overcome these fundamental problems. This is not a swipe at Pakistan but our two governments are not at a point where both feel they have a open and comfortable relationship.
    You're probably right but why haven't the two governments done so? we aren't enemies. We have had a decent-ish relationship in the past..? And the boards get on ok too..I think these issues can be worked out quite quickly if there is a will..

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They think they are a powerful cricket nation with world class players and everyone is itching to play them. The rest of the world has to tour Pakistan so Pakistan can become worthy of hosting the mighty ATG BD team.
    lol true..in nearly twenty years of cricket they haven't won a meaningful test series, or a trophy..they haven't produced a single really world class multi-format player who can lead a team to heights..the fast bowling is trundler level, the spinners are worse than afghanistans, I mean what is the bravdo about? they seem to be eternal minnows and once shakib, tamim , et el retire its down hill..