Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it came to the adjustment of global revenue distribution for each cricket board in order to remove the disparity between the big 3 and everyone else, BCCI was outnumbered 13-1 in the vote.

Guess who was the uncle Tom who voted for them? Yes it was BCB. Now lets see if their slave master masters BCCI will intervene. Australia cricket board I'm sure was well aware of BCB's way of handling their matters, so they thought they would give Bangladesh a taste of their own medicine and good on them because they need to be taught a lesson.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    They think they are a powerful cricket nation with world class players and everyone is itching to play them. The rest of the world has to tour Pakistan so Pakistan can become worthy of hosting the mighty ATG BD team.
    The life of the player of an associate team is as valuable as the life of the player of a world Cup winning team.

The status of Bangladesh as a cricket playing nation has got nothing to do here. BCB is there to ensure the safety of Bangladesh players and they will do everything possible to ensure it.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    ok so let me get this straight. Until and unless pakistan hosts nearly 30 games Bangladesh wont tour? A test lasts five days, a t20 a few hours and an ODI about 6 hours ..Are you telling me that Pakistan hosting the world eleven for three matches, sri lanka, and then the west indies for 6 matches, plus the PSL finals and some group playoffs is not enough for the mighty Bangladesh?
    Yes Pakistan will need to keep holding these matches without any issues If they want other international teams to tour there.

Few years back when Zimbabwe was playing in Pakistan Couple of terrorists tried to carry out an attack at the stadium gate by blasting a motorcycle. Pcb dismissed the incident by stating that it was a transformer blast or something along that line. Now I am not saying that Pcb lied and it was a terrorist attack, perhaps it was indeed a transformer blast.

What I m trying to say that don't expect other boards to OVERLOOK such INCIDENTS.

You dont even have to come for a full tour, the PCB would be happy to have three ODI's and some t20's to placate you..but alas..chulo its your loss..
    If u REALLY want that to happen then u have to build some sort of cordial relationship first. So far PCB has failed to do that with their blackmailing tactic. Why should BCB help a board that hasn't yet bothered to invite BCB in UAE? BCB isn't there to bow down to the demand of PCB. They r there to watch over the interest of their players.

as for why you should support us? why? dont you want to support us? at every stage of your existence pakistan cricket has supported you. So a bit of comraderey can go a long way. But it seems you guys think your the next BCCI or something. I would suggest coming down from the clouds and waking up to reality.
    I m living in reality bud. In my real world no test playing nation is visiting Pakistan due to security concern, so is Bangladesh. But due to some unforeseen reason PCB want some special treatment from BCB. Sadly it won't get it for obvious reason.

We aren't the next BCCI but we care about our CRICKET. WE r a financially solvent board unlike ZCB or WICB. So bullying won't work with us. Those who r here accusing BCB as some board who's subservient to BCCI should keep in mind that BCB voted against BCCI in the last icc voting to change the existing governance structure and revenue sharing model of icc because it benefited us. But obviously, some of the members here r too ill informed to realise this and believes that every move that BCB takes is dictated by BCCI

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol true..in nearly twenty years of cricket they haven't won a meaningful test series, or a trophy..they haven't produced a single really world class multi-format player who can lead a team to heights..the fast bowling is trundler level, the spinners are worse than afghanistans, I mean what is the bravdo about? they seem to be eternal minnows and once shakib, tamim , et el retire its down hill..
    Errrr no.

20 years is a pretty small period of time for a team to flourish in a game like cricket. Remember, when Bangladesh started playing cricket they did not even have a proper domestic structure, so they had to start everything from the very beginning. Furthermore they had to compete against teams that have been playing international cricket for over 50/60 years. So obviously we struggled at the first phase of our career.

But look at the past 3/4 years. We have improved leaps and bounds in recent years and will continue to do so. Pakistan is a 7th rank team in test cricket. So there is no difference between Bangladesh and Pakistan. If we can maintain our current upward curve, we will be a strong contender for 2023 world Cup.
    Last edited by RainMan_; 14th May 2018 at 16:06.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Errrr no.

20 years is a pretty small period of time for a team to flourish in a game like cricket. Remember, when Bangladesh started playing cricket they did not even have a proper domestic structure, so they had to start everything from the very beginning. Furthermore they had to compete against teams that have been playing international cricket for over 50/60 years. So obviously we struggled at the first phase of our career.

But look at the past 3/4 years. We have improved leaps and bounds in recent years and will continue to do so. Pakistan is a 7th rank team in test cricket. So there is no difference between Bangladesh and Pakistan. If we can maintain our current upward curve, we will be a strong contender for 2023 world Cup.
    we were the no.1 test team a year or two ago so there is a massive difference between our two sides. You have no fast bowlers, no spinners, and rely on two players for most of your wins..In twenty years you've produced two players..we may go up and down the rankings like other teams do, but you will remain where you are. Rooted to the bottom of the pile. Forever mired in mediocrity.

coming on to your original post about us not getting cricket. I detect a slight tinge of pelasure at seeing us in the situation we are in. But dont worry two test sides have already toured, actually three have and the world eleven with a predominatly South african contingent have also toured. More will be coming. And you still wont get an invite.

As for playing in the UAE? sorry but nobody wants to come and watch your minnow team that cant even produce a genuine test quality fast bowler. We will lose tons of money from our tv contract and your just simply not a very good side that anybody wants to watch. You should simply accept it. Bangladesh cricket is boring. it gives nothing to the viewer, hell even your commentators are pathetic. I'm surprised they haven't revoked your test status yet. Maybe that will happen when afghanistan smash you to smithereens in a test match.

when you've actually won something of note, hell Ill take a WT20 win for you, then come on here and try and belittle one of the greatest cricketing nations on the planet. Now hurry along and watch some boring bakwaas bangladeshi domestic game where the main bowler bowls at 112 kph.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple answer. They are controlled by BCCI and are stopped from touring.
    And what about Australia, England, South Africa, New Zealand. Why they are not touring Pakistan, all are controlled by BCCI
    Why u pinpointing only Bangladesh..
    Last edited by UN talkz; 15th May 2018 at 15:25.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were the no.1 test team a year or two ago so there is a massive difference between our two sides. You have no fast bowlers, no spinners, and rely on two players for most of your wins..In twenty years you've produced two players..we may go up and down the rankings like other teams do, but you will remain where you are. Rooted to the bottom of the pile. Forever mired in mediocrity.
    I m sorry, but u can't change the reality with ur imagination. It will be better for u if u stop dwelling in ur imaginative world and get back to the real one. LOL

Fact is Pakistan is a 7th rank team in test and just lost a test against a minnow team like West indies in their own backyard.

Also, don't forget the fact that even Srilanka smashed and whitewashed ur team in ur adopted home ground UAE. This is the true picture of ur team as far as test cricket is concerned. So, tone down ur high and mighty attitude, because u aren't one of the bigger boys in test. Pak test team is quite mediocre.
    There is a strong possibility that if we play against Pak in UAE now, we will win the series.

coming on to your original post about us not getting cricket. I detect a slight tinge of pelasure at seeing us in the situation we are in. But dont worry two test sides have already toured, actually three have and the world eleven with a predominatly South african contingent have also toured. More will be coming. And you still wont get an invite.
    If cricket really comes back to Pakistan, it will be a great news. Those passionate fans of Pak cricket teams deserve it. If Pak can really hold international matches in Pakistan without any issues then it will be a great news even for us too.

Because, It will make us assured about the safe and secure condition of Pakistan and we will reassess our position about sending our Bangladesh cricket team to Pakistan. But until that happens, I don't think u should expect us to change our current position. It's impractical. We can't risk the lives of our players especially after seeing the way PCB tried to bully us.

As for playing in the UAE? sorry but nobody wants to come and watch your minnow team that cant even produce a genuine test quality fast bowler. We will lose tons of money from our tv contract and your just simply not a very good side that anybody wants to watch. You should simply accept it. Bangladesh cricket is boring. it gives nothing to the viewer, hell even your commentators are pathetic. I'm surprised they haven't revoked your test status yet. Maybe that will happen when afghanistan smash you to smithereens in a test match.
    I think many ppl will be interested to watch matches between BD and PAK. Strength wise both of these teams r almost of similar caliber and unlike non Asian teams our BD players r excellent against spin. Current pak pacers r absolutely rubbish and PAK heavily relies on its spinners to win matches. But the good thing IS, that threat of Pak spinners will be easily mitigated by our batters because of their exceptional natural ability of negotiating spin bowling.

Just to remind u for the second time, pak just got whitewashed by Srilanka in test while that same srilanka team got beaten by us in their own backyard. As I previously stated there's hardly any difference between BD and PAK and a series between these two teams will be an excellent prospect to watch.

Oh, before I forget to mention it, why r u getting so emotional and talking crap about Bangladesh team? I would like to suggest u to stop it. It doesn't bring any value to a fruitful discussion. U should also keep in mind that PCB just invited teams like SL and West indies in UAE who r not only weaker than Bangladesh but also financially a lot less viable.

The only reason PCB didn't invite Bangladesh IN UAE because it wanted to blackmail BD to tour Pakistan. Obviously they were put to their PLACE by BCB.

BTW, U still haven't told me why PCB canceled it's preplanned tour of BANGLADESH?

when you've actually won something of note, hell Ill take a WT20 win for you, then come on here and try and belittle one of the greatest cricketing nations on the planet. Now hurry along and watch some boring bakwaas bangladeshi domestic game where the main bowler bowls at 112 kph.
    Who's belittling Pakistan. I think it's u who's talking rubbish about Bangladesh, not me.

Even a world class team like South Africa still haven't won a single icc trophy. It means nothing. We were the semi finalist of the last year's CT, Quarter Finalist of the last World Cup and we have recently beaten teams like Australia, England and Srilanka in tests. It's a damn good achievement.

Even though we have been playing test cricket for just over 15 years we have ALREADY achieved a lot in this format. There were many test teams in the past that couldn't even win a single test match on their first 15 years leave alone winning tests and drawing series. Oh, also keep in mind that our atg all roundeder Shakib Al hasan is better than any current Pakistani player.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I m sorry, but u can't change the reality with ur imagination. It will be better for u if u stop dwelling in ur imaginative world and get back to the real one. LOL

Fact is Pakistan is a 7th rank team in test and just lost a test against a minnow team like West indies in their own backyard.

Also, don't forget the fact that even Srilanka smashed and whitewashed ur team in ur adopted home ground UAE. This is the true picture of ur team as far as test cricket is concerned. So, tone down ur high and mighty attitude, because u aren't one of the bigger boys in test. Pak test team is quite mediocre.
    There is a strong possibility that if we play against Pak in UAE now, we will win the series.

If cricket really comes back to Pakistan, it will be a great news. Those passionate fans of Pak cricket teams deserve it. If Pak can really hold international matches in Pakistan without any issues then it will be a great news even for us too.

Because, It will make us assured about the safe and secure condition of Pakistan and we will reassess our position about sending our Bangladesh cricket team to Pakistan. But until that happens, I don't think u should expect us to change our current position. It's impractical. We can't risk the lives of our players especially after seeing the way PCB tried to bully us.

I think many ppl will be interested to watch matches between BD and PAK. Strength wise both of these teams r almost of similar caliber and unlike non Asian teams our BD players r excellent against spin. Current pak pacers r absolutely rubbish and PAK heavily relies on its spinners to win matches. But the good thing IS, that threat of Pak spinners will be easily mitigated by our batters because of their exceptional natural ability of negotiating spin bowling.

Just to remind u for the second time, pak just got whitewashed by Srilanka in test while that same srilanka team got beaten by us in their own backyard. As I previously stated there's hardly any difference between BD and PAK and a series between these two teams will be an excellent prospect to watch.

Oh, before I forget to mention it, why r u getting so emotional and talking crap about Bangladesh team? I would like to suggest u to stop it. It doesn't bring any value to a fruitful discussion. U should also keep in mind that PCB just invited teams like SL and West indies in UAE who r not only weaker than Bangladesh but also financially a lot less viable.

The only reason PCB didn't invite Bangladesh IN UAE because it wanted to blackmail BD to tour Pakistan. Obviously they were put to their PLACE by BCB.

BTW, U still haven't told me why PCB canceled it's preplanned tour of BANGLADESH?

Who's belittling Pakistan. I think it's u who's talking rubbish about Bangladesh, not me.

Even a world class team like South Africa still haven't won a single icc trophy. It means nothing. We were the semi finalist of the last year's CT, Quarter Finalist of the last World Cup and we have recently beaten teams like Australia, England and Srilanka in tests. It's a damn good achievement.

Even though we have been playing test cricket for just over 15 years we have ALREADY achieved a lot in this format. There were many test teams in the past that couldn't even win a single test match on their first 15 years leave alone winning tests and drawing series. Oh, also keep in mind that our atg all roundeder Shakib Al hasan is better than any current Pakistani player.
    personally i hope we dont play you lot at all..and you have Shakib and thats about it..in twenty years, one player..Dont think your at our level. Even at our worst we are better than you..You should stick to playing afghanistan and the like..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RainMan you are belittling BD with your silly statements. We have underchieved and must accept it.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shakib .... oh that great player who ducked out of an away series against South Africa because he was tired!

What a player indeed!!

Gotta give it to Bangladesh fans, nothing fazes their delusions.

The real reason why pcb doesn't want to tour lies with your your devious board... I am glad pcb is showing you your place. Australia dont want you, pcb doesn't want you, it's been 8 years (off memory) since england invited you... and after the stunt shakib pulled, South Africa won't bother either in future. India is not keen on inviting you either. Surely all these boards can't be wrong!

Better apologise to bcci and get back on their good side if I were your board.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally i hope we dont play you lot at all..and you have Shakib and thats about it..in twenty years, one player..Dont think your at our level. Even at our worst we are better than you..You should stick to playing afghanistan and the like..
    Well said - it is no wonder why they're supporters are the most disliked in the cricketing world. No one wants to play Bangladesh so they decide to up their ego and demand to play in UAE when they know it isn't financially viable for the PCB because they're a minnow with absolutely no cricketing history to write home about.

I don't have a problem at all if they don't want to play Pakistan because it is at their loss in the long run but to have the audacity to cry about CA turning them down is just double standards and really and truly it serves them right.

This rainman instead of embracing this decides to throw shots at Pakistan cricket with irrelevant things like "oh you lost against a minnow like West Indies" as if Bangladesh is as good as West Indies is laughable really, given that they actually won in England last year. Bangladesh on the other hand are just pure whitewashing material.

If they were actually humble they would realise that it would benefit from playing more cricket against a far more accomplished side. It is an open secret that they are nothing but an uncle Tom for the BCCI.

To conclude given how well Ireland have performed against Pakistan and with the meteoric rise of Afghanistan it is about time for Bangladesh to have their test status revoked. 20 years of playing tests with a win loss ratio of 10% is unacceptable by any standards.
    Last edited by ArsenalFC; 15th May 2018 at 15:34.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U can think whatever u wish to think my friend. It will have little to no significance in the real word.

Records of these two teams in past couple of years suggest that Bangladesh and Pakistan r almost of similar quality. Even the ranking of these two teams indicates the same. But obviously u r free to dwell in ur imagination.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    U can think whatever u wish to think my friend. It will have little to no significance in the real word.

Records of these two teams in past couple of years suggest that Bangladesh and Pakistan r almost of similar quality. Even the ranking of these two teams indicates the same. But obviously u r free to dwell in ur imagination.
    We are not similar quality and never will be. Nearly 60 years of cricket heritage with numerous ATG players. Even at our worst we are better than your best form.

Insult our security situation but don't talk about quality of teams being equal, making yourself look silly now. Most Pakistani fans are very dignified and remain silent, you can learn from this.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Shakib .... oh that great player who ducked out of an away series against South Africa because he was tired!

What a player indeed!!

Gotta give it to Bangladesh fans, nothing fazes their delusions.
    Who told u he ducked out of the last series against South Africa?

He was slightly injured which made him believe that he wouldn't be able to give his 100% against South Africa. That's why he decided to take a break. Nothing else.

U certainly can't expect a player to play with injury, can u? Also keep in mind that he has an exceptional record in South Africa as a bowler. He had two fifer in South Africa and averages in low 20s with the ball. Even many Atg spinners don't have as good bowling record as shakib has in South Africa. He is widely considered as an ATG all rounder for a reason. So no question of ducking out. He loves to play against SA. He surely would've played against them in test if he wasn't injured.

The real reason why pcb doesn't want to tour lies with your your devious board... I am glad pcb is showing you your place. Australia dont want you, pcb doesn't want you, it's been 8 years (off memory) since england invited you... and after the stunt shakib pulled, South Africa won't bother either in future. India is not keen on inviting you either. Surely all these boards can't be wrong!
    Why will our board be devious? Because u said so? Lol. BCB is as straight as an arrow which is why it categorically said on multiple occasions that it is prepared to play Pakistan anytime, anywhere other than in Pakistan( because BCB don't consider Pakistan as a safe place for their team to travel just like all the other CRICKET BOARDS)

It's PCB which u can call as a devious board. Why? I m glad u asked it. It's because PCB went out of their way and tried to blackmail BCB with their dubious, dirty tactics. First they didn't invite us in UAE, then cancelled their preplanned tour of Bangladesh and then threated to ban Pak players from playing in BPL. U can call these as the action of a devious BOARD. But obviously none of THOSE empty threats worked and PCB was put to their place by BCB.

As mmhs said in one of his earlier post, Australia couldn't find a broadcaster in this busy sport season which is why they canceled the series. But obviously they will reschedule it in some other time. We recently visited SA, NZ, IND, SL and will visit England in due time. Furthermore, all these teams have recently visited Bangladesh but sadly none of these teams went to Pakistan to play a full fledged series.

Better apologise to bcci and get back on their good side if I were your board.
    BCB takes decision whatever is best for Bangladesh cricket. We don't have to be on the good side of BCCI. We already have a cordial relationship with them. They regularly visit us and we earn a ton of money by hosting them. Unlike some other board(u know which board I m referring to) we don't have to beg to BCCI for a series

But when it comes to taking decisions, we take those decisions which r best for us. We showed that in the last ICC voting.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not similar quality and never will be. Nearly 60 years of cricket heritage with numerous ATG players. Even at our worst we are better than your best form.

Insult our security situation but don't talk about quality of teams being equal, making yourself look silly now. Most Pakistani fans are very dignified and remain silent, you can learn from this.
    U couldn't be any more wrong if u thought I was insulting Pak for its security. Of course I have no intention to insult any country. I know how it feels to be in a country where security regularly gets compromised because not so long ago we also had to go through that period in Bangladesh.

I was just stating the facts and illustrating the points about why BCB is reluctant to send Bangladesh team in Pakistan, nothing else.

As for ur second point, even West Indies once had the greatest team of all time and used to smash everybody for fun. They also had a rich history. But now they r no where to be seen. I was comparing the present status of BD and PAK as a team and how both of these teams r of similar quality. Past greats of Pak won't come back and play for the current team. Right.

Pak will have to move forward with the players they currently have in their possession. If u take both Pak and BD team in ur consideration u will see there is no difference between these two which is why they reside close to each other even in ranking.

Good to know that pal posters r dignified. Don't think I have insulted anyone so far. I never do. I always believe in healthy constructive discussion. Don't u think the same
    Last edited by RainMan_; 15th May 2018 at 16:58.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no intention of becoming salty. Cricket won't go anywhere if "USELESS ICC" lets this process to continue. Hosting Bangladesh won't be as much profitable for CA as hosting India for a series. Similarly, hosting Zimbabwe won't be as much profitable for BCB as hosting India for a series.

But if this is how every board individually decides who they wanna play without the supervision of a common governing body then lesser teams will never be able to come out of their minnow status. If ICC can't implement a fixed schedule for every single cricket playing nation where each of them will play similar number of matches in a calender year, then what's the point of having an organisation in the first place? Now BD is getting the axe, but give it a couple of more years and u'll see that teams like pakistan, West indies and Srilanka are also getting ignored by Australia and England.
    You hae to question what is the purpose of the ICC? Are they there to sit and look pretty? Cos they haven't done anything of substance.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    You hae to question what is the purpose of the ICC? Are they there to sit and look pretty? Cos they haven't done anything of substance.
    Yup. The sole reason of their existence is to bow down to the demands of the bigger boards and do everything possible to keep them happy. Nothing else.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can Australia do this, this so short sighted, they should be able to host weaker teams once in decade at least. All strong team need to host weaker team once in a decade at least.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bit selfish of CA to not promote test cricket, they have good money and grounds hopefully they change their mind.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 points.

1. We will tour Pakistan when it is deemed safe. Personally, I think we should tour but I am not the boss.
    2. The real scandal is why/how we are so unprofitable. Our economy is galloping at 8% growth, we are flush with funds and yet our brand stinks. Something doesn't compute!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Brilliant insights, thanks for letting us know that - I thought, I wrote CA would cancel IND tour as well because they are trying to recover from financial loss and bilateral series has no future.
    Why would CA cancel the Indian tour? That tour makes them huge money.
    We need to re-brand. We need to win something to change our reputation.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Bit selfish of CA to not promote test cricket, they have good money and grounds hopefully they change their mind.
    What? You take that statement back right now. Only BCCI can be selfish. Just ask Mr. Waugh.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely all these boards can't be wrong!

Could also be said about touring Pakistan safely, no? Surely, all those boards (ENG, AUS, NZ, SA, BD, IND) can't be wrong?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now there is talk that WI will cancel a test against SL and replace with ODI. WI joins Aus and Pak as boards that have scrapped part or entire test series.

This is no way to promote test cricket. Where is the ICC on this. Not that they have any control over bi-laterals.

I am also interested in what Mr. Mark Waugh has to say on this. He has already labelled BCCI as selfish for not wanting to play the right kind of test match.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Venue
    Deen Over Dunya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both SL and WI have won ICC events in the last 5 years. clearly, minnow status isnt the determining factor of financial viability.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Both SL and WI have won ICC events in the last 5 years. clearly, minnow status isnt the determining factor of financial viability.
    The difference is SL had a strong T20 team with the likes Dilshan, Sangakkara, Jayawardena and etc and with WI if there was such a thing called ATG T20 players then they are definition of it with their 2 x WT20 titles.

Whereas with Bangladesh they're minnows in every format of the game and according to a few Bangladeshi posters on here they mentioned the Afghan side has a better T20 side which I'm sure will be evident in 2020.