Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 73 of 73
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,407
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

    Ireland vs Pakistan | Only Test | Dublin | May 11-15, 2018 | Day 1 | Match Thread

    An historic day for Ireland and also a time for Sarfaraz Ahmed to start making his presence felt in Tests also!

    Pakistan (likely XI): 1 Imam-ul-Haq, 2 Azhar Ali, 3 Haris Sohail, 4 Asad Shafiq, 5 Babar Azam, 6 Sarfraz Ahmed (capt, wk), 7 Shadab Khan, 8 Faheem Ashraf, 9 Mohammad Amir, 10 Rahat Ali, 11 Mohammad Abbas

    Ireland (likely XI): 1 William Porterfield (capt), 2 Paul Stirling, 3 Ed Joyce, 4 Niall O'Brien (wk), 5 Andy Balbirnie, 6 Gary Wilson, 7 Kevin O'Brien, 8 Stuart Thompson, 9 Andy McBrine, 10 Boyd Rankin, 11 Tim Murtagh.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,449
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít believe in weather forecasts.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,326
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I don’t believe in weather forecasts.


    Is the world flat then??

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,435
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    There's been rain overnight so the covers are on. Are we going to start on time ?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    14,320
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rain starting in 50 mins.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,708
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we will get some play today.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    29,126
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be lucky to have an hours play today.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,326
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The first day of Test cricket after nearly 8 months and we get rain

    @Donnel Cozzie does this have a high chance of being a washout??

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,449
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post


    Is the world flat then??
    9 times out of 10 the weather forecast is wrong, the 1 out of 10 time is a fluke

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,938
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    The first day of Test cricket after nearly 8 months and we get rain

    @Donnel Cozzie does this have a high chance of being a washout??
    Today no cricket. Hopefully tomorrow we can get some overs in.

    We need about 3 days to win so some time left.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Runs
    690
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    9 times out of 10 the weather forecast is wrong, the 1 out of 10 time is a fluke
    Then probably you need to change your source of information . It is the otherway around for me


    A boat is safe in the harbor. But this is not the purpose of a boat." ~ Paulo Coelho

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,983
    Mentioned
    1103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Delayed start. Umpires inspection at 11am


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    9,994
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Salaam guys! At the ground now... covers are on... rain is very light, but not looking good...


    Pakistan Zindabad!

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    199
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do update us!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,961
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony Six showing it in India


    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,961
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next inspection at 12 providing it stops raining


    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    338
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I don’t believe in weather forecasts.
    Might as well say rain doesn't exist

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,803
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Is there any chance of play today?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,977
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Is there any chance of play today?
    Not much.

    Tomorrow we should get a couple hours in, final three days shouldnt be any issue weather lookds good.

    As I said we've had glorious weather here the past two weeks, ye came too late haha.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,803
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Not much.

    Tomorrow we should get a couple hours in, final three days shouldnt be any issue weather lookds good.

    As I said we've had glorious weather here the past two weeks, ye came too late haha.
    Thanks Donal, they can add 1 hour extra in last 4 days I believe, sunset after 8PM? That makes around 400 overs.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,609
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Not much.

    Tomorrow we should get a couple hours in, final three days shouldnt be any issue weather lookds good.

    As I said we've had glorious weather here the past two weeks, ye came too late haha.
    I'm turning off the cricket trusting you. If I miss Irish debut I will put a nasty curse on your bloodline.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,541
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raining till 7pm today
    It will get heavier by 3pm
    Nice sunny day tomorrow
    And cloudy Sunday Monday and Tuesday

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,407
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,938
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Not much.

    Tomorrow we should get a couple hours in, final three days shouldnt be any issue weather lookds good.

    As I said we've had glorious weather here the past two weeks, ye came too late haha.
    We came right in time. This way with rain your test debut might last 5 days otherwise we would have smashed you inside 3 days.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    8,149
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its always rain in Ireland matches. If their board really serious of cricket they should arrange these matches in different season. Otherwise they deserve to be wash out whole match.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    9,994
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not looking good guys. Left the ground. Any local person knows what time the Friday prayer is at the Islamic Cultural Centre Ireland?

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    We came right in time. This way with rain your test debut might last 5 days otherwise we would have smashed you inside 3 days.
    Show some respect
    Same team kicked you out in 2007 World Cup

  28. #28
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    1,814
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Show some respect
    Same team kicked you out in 2007 World Cup
    Yes. Show Respect is definitely fine. But That Win was the biggest fluke of the century. 🤓

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,977
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Irish weather agency have the following to say

    TODAY - FRIDAY 11TH MAY
    Mainly dry at first but rain will soon develop this morning and it will become windy as well. The rain will clear during the afternoon to sunshine and showers. With the clearance the strong southeast winds will turn westerly and ease. Highest temperatures of 10 or 11 degrees

    So we may see some play later in the day


    See You Space Cowboy....

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Yes. Show Respect is definitely fine. But That Win was the biggest fluke of the century. 🤓
    Fluke or not doesn't matter but doing ths chest thumping to new test entrants and boasting we will smashed u in 3 days itself shows the minnow mentality

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Yes. Show Respect is definitely fine. But That Win was the biggest fluke of the century. 🤓
    No biggest fluke of the century happend exactly 10 years after that

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really wanted to see Pakistani batsmen dancing on grass court. Hopefully I could see it tomorrow.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    1,814
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    No biggest fluke of the century happend exactly 10 years after that
    We will Smash them Inside 3 days dont u worry.

  34. #34
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    18,235
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Man these Indians love to interfere everywhere. This is Ireland’s first test match. Everything isn’t about you guys so please just stay away

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    4,449
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obsession!! So obsessed these guys!!

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,421
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Show some respect
    Same team kicked you out in 2007 World Cup
    Lets see if you give the same respect to Bangladesh the next time you both meet. Some of the comments from your lot about Bangladesh are disgusting.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,326
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Itni Awam hay India mein, har Jaga Pahunch Jata hay Yeah Log

    Please let us enjoy our cricket in peace!!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    667
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absurd to be arrogant considering Pakistanís batting. More experienced batsmen struggle against medium fast seamers on green tracks and we donít have much experience anyway. Amir couldnít pick up any of the 20 second division wickets against Kent.

    But Pakistan could also win by an innings.

    Any result is possible.

    Considering this is a historic moment for Ireland, Iím happy with any of them as long as PAK donít get smashed by ENG afterwards.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    respect belong to all. may be from here we start

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,413
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't think we will get any play today.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,803
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    ICC is run by 18th century Zombies. This is a special event and one of game - easily they can bodily shift this game by a day and start on SAT, to be finished on WED. But they wonít, because tradition demands Test cricket to be played as per schedule & if it becomes a 4 day Test, follow-margin reduces - as if, reducing follow on by 25/50 runs can still ensure direct result despite a day or 2 losses. Now, this game might end in a draw & last 2 days become academic ...... and peopleíll say Test cricket is boring.

    I understand broadcasting issues, which is a lame, ICC standard excuse. Couple of years back, a Brazil - Argentina World Cup qualifier was postponed for 24 hours for heavy rain; last year (?) a CL game was deferred by a day at Man City, despite 5000 Germans coming to Manchester with return flight at night of initial day (and they adjusted corresponding Bundesliga game, shifting Saturday game to Sunday, would have done so for MCity as well, had their game already not been a Sunday schedule). There are CL games, WC/Euro qualifiers rescheduled for weather or other issues - but we have to spell bound for Test cricket - 5 days fixed.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    We will Smash them Inside 3 days dont u worry.
    Smashed them in 2 days..but as an opponent atleast show some respect to them..

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,326
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Team announced?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,630
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no need to bring India vs Pakistan into this thread and there is definitely no need to get offensive. Bans will be handed out if necessary.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    4,323
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems no play today, sad start for the Irish test cricket .

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    1,814
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Smashed them in 2 days..but as an opponent atleast show some respect to them..
    Peshwa bhai. Ofcourse we show them ✊.

    We are the first country to play against them. PCB have always helped non associates members get full membership and get recognition.

    Bangladesh was the first one and now we are playing against IRL and hopefully in future we will more against 🇮🇪.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,699
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would not think it but Dublin actually gets some of the best weather in Ireland and England. Still expecting a result in this match, but it's a real pity it had to start this way.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Peshwa bhai. Ofcourse we show them ✊.

    We are the first country to play against them. PCB have always helped non associates members get full membership and get recognition.

    Bangladesh was the first one and now we are playing against IRL and hopefully in future we will more against 🇮🇪.
    Well said lahoriya bhai

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    23,983
    Mentioned
    1103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ireland lose £75,000 as first day of Test cricket against Pakistan is washed out

    After years of waiting, nothing came. Ireland’s first day of Test cricket, against Pakistan, was a washout. It passed without even so much as a coin toss to watch. The players skulked around in the pavilion, the groundstaff scurried around the outfield, the crowd huddled in the bars, and the Super Soppers turned lazy circles around the covers.

    It was a fine introduction to the Beckettian pleasure of wet Test cricket. Nothing happens, nobody comes, nobody goes. Samuel Beckett was a cricketer himself, of course, the only Nobel literature laureate with a first-class batting average. It was just the kind of day for chatter about matters like that.

    The Cricket Ireland chief executive, Warren Deutrom, was determined not to get too gloomy about it all, which must have been a challenge for him given that he has been working towards this ever since he joined the board in 2006.

    Deutrom describes Test cricket as a “loss leader” for Cricket Ireland, and since they couldn’t afford full insurance, the refunds for the 5,100 tickets they sold will cost them another £75,000.

    “Yes, of course it’s disappointing,” he said, “but what I don’t want to do is go around with a long face, projecting misery. Because it isn’t that. We’re still hugely proud and there are still four days to go.”

    The forecast is better over the weekend. There was a hint of the warmer weather ahead when the sun actually came out for the first time all day, 20 minutes after they abandoned play.

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...shout-malahide


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    3,071
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It almost always rains in Ireland. They cannot play cricket like this. Ireland should think of some alternatives or atleast invest in the best drainage facilities, like the one in Bangalore.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    439
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Ireland lose £75,000 as first day of Test cricket against Pakistan is washed out

    After years of waiting, nothing came. Ireland’s first day of Test cricket, against Pakistan, was a washout. It passed without even so much as a coin toss to watch. The players skulked around in the pavilion, the groundstaff scurried around the outfield, the crowd huddled in the bars, and the Super Soppers turned lazy circles around the covers.

    It was a fine introduction to the Beckettian pleasure of wet Test cricket. Nothing happens, nobody comes, nobody goes. Samuel Beckett was a cricketer himself, of course, the only Nobel literature laureate with a first-class batting average. It was just the kind of day for chatter about matters like that.

    The Cricket Ireland chief executive, Warren Deutrom, was determined not to get too gloomy about it all, which must have been a challenge for him given that he has been working towards this ever since he joined the board in 2006.

    Deutrom describes Test cricket as a “loss leader” for Cricket Ireland, and since they couldn’t afford full insurance, the refunds for the 5,100 tickets they sold will cost them another £75,000.

    “Yes, of course it’s disappointing,” he said, “but what I don’t want to do is go around with a long face, projecting misery. Because it isn’t that. We’re still hugely proud and there are still four days to go.”

    The forecast is better over the weekend. There was a hint of the warmer weather ahead when the sun actually came out for the first time all day, 20 minutes after they abandoned play.

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...shout-malahide
    Ouch! That is BIG money especially for Ireland as they haven't qualified for the World Cup either That stings in what should have been a glorious occasion.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,407
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    545
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Look like the album cover from a 90's boyband.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    931
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the start to Ireland's first ever Test match was a damp squib (literally).

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,435
    Mentioned
    926 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_ahm View Post
    It almost always rains in Ireland. They cannot play cricket like this. Ireland should think of some alternatives or atleast invest in the best drainage facilities, like the one in Bangalore.
    They should improve the drainage facilities but in hindsight, it may have been better to stage this Test AFTER the England series sometime in June. Recent sunny spell aside, you're asking for trouble with the weather in early May in UK and Ireland.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,195
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It rained in Ireland. Again.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,977
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    They should improve the drainage facilities but in hindsight, it may have been better to stage this Test AFTER the England series sometime in June. Recent sunny spell aside, you're asking for trouble with the weather in early May in UK and Ireland.
    drainage in Malahida is fine. If it was Stormont I'd agree but Malahide has decent drainage.

    Weather is fine for most of the remaining days so fingers crossed all works out.

    Malahide bar men be laughing this evening. Made an absolute killing


    See You Space Cowboy....

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,977
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    It rained in Ireland. Again.
    Weather last two weeks was fine, just bad luck.

    Honestly I'm so bloody sick of people whinging about the weather. What can we do about it? Zilch


    See You Space Cowboy....

  59. #59
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,604
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said so some days back the weather was not looking very clever. I don't see any play tomorrow either. So much for "luck of the Irish".


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,195
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Weather last two weeks was fine, just bad luck.

    Honestly I'm so bloody sick of people whinging about the weather. What can we do about it? Zilch
    Yeah it's been quite good weather in the past two weeks in this part of the world. Unfortunately it always rains at the worst moments.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,413
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully there's some play tomorrow.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,977
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Said so some days back the weather was not looking very clever. I don't see any play tomorrow either. So much for "luck of the Irish".
    You are aware that term was originally invented as a sarcastic phrase since the Irish have historically had awful luck? Lol, the Yanks mustve taken it literally and it spread.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,604
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    You are aware that term was originally invented as a sarcastic phrase since the Irish have historically had awful luck? Lol, the Yanks mustve taken it literally and it spread.
    Yes I am aware of the expression and they had awful luck again today as well! So much for their debut in Test Cricket, should be "curse of the Irish"


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    8,459
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    First reply from Android Application.. Congratulations Everyone and The Developers..!!

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    4,841
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What tv channel is showing this in uk?

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    198
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to google, the weather should be ok for day 2. Hopefully we get the full 90 overs in.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,604
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be lucky to get any play on day two as well. The following few days look dodgy as well. It is looking as a draw already or even a complete wash out. Weather was okay then the heavens open the day the match is supposed to start


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    293
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather looks great in malahide. Checked with one of my friends there. Should be a good start and more importantly an on time start. Just clarifying, is there an early start to the game today due to overs lost yesterday? Could someone please confirm

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,407
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alishahid View Post
    Weather looks great in malahide. Checked with one of my friends there. Should be a good start and more importantly an on time start. Just clarifying, is there an early start to the game today due to overs lost yesterday? Could someone please confirm
    No early start but 98 overs will be played


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    91,407
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzy_123 View Post
    First reply from Android Application.. Congratulations Everyone and The Developers..!!
    Thanks!


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    3,071
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes guys, hoping for a good game today. I'm actually quite happy to see international cricket again. Sick and tired of the long IPL, that despite our local team SRH topping the table.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,417
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    You are aware that term was originally invented as a sarcastic phrase since the Irish have historically had awful luck? Lol, the Yanks mustve taken it literally and it spread.
    Lol never knew that .

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    1,858
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Thanks!
    We want an IOS version...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •