Instagram


Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 69 of 69

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,444
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Others bowlers out there with 25 & 30+ degrees but they haven't been called" : Mohammad Hafeez

    Mohammad Hafeez speaking in an interview today:

    "This has a lot to do with the power of the boards" : Hafeez when asked about the constant failing and passing of his action and effect on him

    "At a lot of places there are relations between people which no one wants to spoil"

    "What I say is that if there is a rule, then why not implement it on all bowlers in the world"

    "When I was called for my action and went for my test, I was told that I was bowling with 16/17/18 degrees bend"

    "What puzzled me was that how could the naked eye see the difference between 15 and 16 degrees?"

    "There are other bowlers out there who are bowling with 25 & 30+ degrees [extension] but they have not been called for their actions"

    "The whole process of calling bowlers for their actions is a suspicious one and beyond one's understanding"

    "They could spot my action moving from 15 to 16 degrees but they cannot see those with 25, 30 or even 35+ degree actions?"

    "Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

    "They are right when they say that if Mohammad Hafeez cannot bowl, he does not deserve a place in the team but, then only those players who are bowlers should take my place; if they happen to be batsmen and my batting average is better than this is a question mark on such statements"
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th May 2018 at 17:35.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,445
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

    The worst batsman ever to make more than 10k international runs?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

    The worst batsman ever to make more than 10k international runs?
    Someone tell him that Muthia Muralitharan has a Test doubles and Walshi missed that by a whisker .......

    He should thank PCB, Misbah & 3/9 for his 11K runs - could have missed one zero easily ........

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    761
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Someone tell him that Muthia Muralitharan has a Test doubles and Walshi missed that by a whisker .......

    He should thank PCB, Misbah & 3/9 for his 11K runs - could have missed one zero easily ........
    What/who is 3/9?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    What/who is 3/9?
    Not who, what - March 2009.

    That attack on SRL team took cricket out of PAK and forced that burnt mud to be their home. PAK wickets can be the flattest, deadest, slowest, ugliest .... whatever; but one thing is there - in North PAK (Faisalabad & Above - basically every venue bar 1/2), in winter, BALL WILL SWING and for couple hours in morning, it'll seem - then it'll reverse. If PAK played all those UAE ODI & Test in PAK & MoHa batting at 1-3, his career average won't have moved much from what was before 2010 (you may check with SR as well - worthy of the class) or what was outside Asia even in his glorious UAE days of 2010-2014.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Not who, what - March 2009.

    That attack on SRL team took cricket out of PAK and forced that burnt mud to be their home. PAK wickets can be the flattest, deadest, slowest, ugliest .... whatever; but one thing is there - in North PAK (Faisalabad & Above - basically every venue bar 1/2), in winter, BALL WILL SWING and for couple hours in morning, it'll seem - then it'll reverse. If PAK played all those UAE ODI & Test in PAK & MoHa batting at 1-3, his career average won't have moved much from what was before 2010 (you may check with SR as well - worthy of the class) or what was outside Asia even in his glorious UAE days of 2010-2014.
    Add to that - PAK wickets are dead slow & low, but it doesn't break in winter, neither grips. Those spin less, chucked darts that made MoHa's bowling/all-rounder life in UAE would have been much easier to negotiate in PAK, like a slow medium pacer - you can check, I am not sure, on better/flatter wickets his bowling stats are inferior to Malik.

    One of very, very few Pakistani benefited from 3/9.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,191
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Someone tell him that Muthia Muralitharan has a Test doubles and Walshi missed that by a whisker .......

    He should thank PCB, Misbah & 3/9 for his 11K runs - could have missed one zero easily ........
    Mulri and Walsh, had better chances of surviving an over while facing a bowler that would swing a bit.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    402
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    The worst batsman ever to make more than 10k international runs?
    Grant Flower has 10K international runs and his averages aren't great. But it might actually be our Lala

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,180
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    11k runs in 15 years for someone who plays all formats and bats in the top 3 is pretty mediocre.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly him and Malik are going nowhere. They know no one can touch them.
    Seniority rules
    Phir baat krtay hain everything for Pakistan. lol


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Sadly him and Malik are going nowhere. They know no one can touch them.
    Seniority rules
    Phir baat krtay hain everything for Pakistan. lol
    He knows his average against good teams is very midocre and he hails from the era " 50 banao jaga bachao" now he understands that those days are gone. Michy Arthur after CT seems like having a lot of say on selection matters. The most these overage senior players with average average can do to justify is by making statements. Hafeez is the king of come backs. How fair is that to other cricketers? Hafeez, Akmal bros, Shehzaad and Shoaib Malik they are all average cricketers with inconsistent performances over the years hence mediocre average. There are was all about drop catches and batting collapse with seriese of defeats. Why would the team need players with a defeat mentality and playing for their own survival.

    Last if Pakistan defeats England or squares the 2 match series then these players are not makink upteenth come back or should say time to kiss good bye to cricket.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syedahsan View Post
    Last if Pakistan defeats England or squares the 2 match series then these players are not makink upteenth come back or should say time to kiss good bye to cricket.
    Han yar apart from obvious reasons why I want us to win the upcoming series, one other reason is that will cement the place of likes of Haris in the odi team and I wanted Talat to be in test the team too as batting all rounder.

    These 2 should play all odis before WC, its unfair to expect youngsters to perform right away in a big turnament especially for someone like Talat who has no odi experience. Its good time to give them a consistent run in our odi side. Hope Malik and Hafeez retire asap and this time really do something for Pakistan cricket as they mention in their every second interview and tweet.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,445
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Sadly him and Malik are going nowhere. They know no one can touch them.
    Seniority rules
    Phir baat krtay hain everything for Pakistan. lol
    We have 15 ODIs against SA, Australia and England coming up.........

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    We have 15 ODIs against SA, Australia and England coming up.........
    Talat, Haris, Asif (some other youngster) should play these matches before WC. Not these ttf uncles!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,445
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Talat, Haris, Asif (some other youngster) should play these matches before WC. Not these ttf uncles!
    I’m expecting some “injuries” soon

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    I’m expecting some “injuries” soon


    Donun k recent interviews check karo, aisay jaisay team inki jageer hai. So pathetic!
    Expected a bit better from Malik.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  17. #17
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

    "They are right when they say that if Mohammad Hafeez cannot bowl, he does not deserve a place in the team but, then only those players who are bowlers should take my place; if they happen to be batsmen and my batting average is better than this is a question mark on such statements"
    Both Haris and Talat can bowl and are much better batsmen than you. Haris already has a better record and Talat will soon follow. Now please retire!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Both Haris and Talat can bowl and are much better batsmen than you. Haris already has a better record and Talat will soon follow. Now please retire!
    But, they don't have 11K runs, neither 15+ years experience - have some respect man.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,389
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    But, they don't have 11K runs, neither 15+ years experience - have some respect man.
    oops han sorry. I forgot there is no substitute to 'experience' even if you are mediocre.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    oops han sorry. I forgot there is no substitute to 'experience' even if you are mediocre.
    Hafeez scored 8 runs in 3 innings (?) - batting at 3, in BD 2015, and PAK lost 3-0 inside 40 overs - for any other major cricket board, that would have been end of a mid 30s cricketer - but, PCB has allowed him time enough to be banned twice for chucking, since then. That indicates, what he is doing now will work in PAK cricket.

    I would have chopped him after he scooped out to Munaf Patel, in a WC SF, when the game was in perfect balance - that's a choker shot for a 10 years veteran and that's why entire credit for that 11K goes to PCB, Misbah & 3/9.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    502
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Hafeez scored 8 runs in 3 innings (?) - batting at 3, in BD 2015, and PAK lost 3-0 inside 40 overs - for any other major cricket board, that would have been end of a mid 30s cricketer - but, PCB has allowed him time enough to be banned twice for chucking, since then. That indicates, what he is doing now will work in PAK cricket.

    I would have chopped him after he scooped out to Munaf Patel, in a WC SF, when the game was in perfect balance - that's a choker shot for a 10 years veteran and that's why entire credit for that 11K goes to PCB, Misbah & 3/9.
    Men that was a rubbish, pathetic, irresponsible shot can never forgive him for that.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,191
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    oops han sorry. I forgot there is no substitute to 'experience' even if you are mediocre.
    I thought selection supposed to be based upon performance or potential, Hafeez is relying on "experince" only, no performance, potential or technique. Yes he carries 15 years experience of failure.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his odi spot is under threat by Harris,talat,asif ali hence this crying

  24. #24
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,772
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop playing the victim. You should be honoured that we let you at for 15 plus years batting at 3, bowling in PP overs in LO,and fielding at slip when your a rubbish fielder.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,049
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Stop playing the victim. You should be honoured that we let you at for 15 plus years batting at 3, bowling in PP overs in LO,and fielding at slip when your a rubbish fielder.
    he's actually a good fielder but... has too many dropped catches...


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,444
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    he's actually a good fielder but... has too many dropped catches...
    Well, catching is quite an important part of fielding


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    1,483
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    he's actually a good fielder but... has too many dropped catches...
    a bit like afraid then

    Afridi is a very good batsmen but just can’t time the ball right

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,772
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    he's actually a good fielder but... has too many dropped catches...
    Good fielders don't drop the catches he drops.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,457
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Amazing that Hafeez's "others are worst" argument seems to have no buyers.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,445
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Hafeez scored 8 runs in 3 innings (?) - batting at 3, in BD 2015, and PAK lost 3-0 inside 40 overs - for any other major cricket board, that would have been end of a mid 30s cricketer - but, PCB has allowed him time enough to be banned twice for chucking, since then. That indicates, what he is doing now will work in PAK cricket.

    I would have chopped him after he scooped out to Munaf Patel, in a WC SF, when the game was in perfect balance - that's a choker shot for a 10 years veteran and that's why entire credit for that 11K goes to PCB, Misbah & 3/9.
    One thing you must admit, is that an on song Hafeez (against SL) is the most entertaining batsman in the world.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    One thing you must admit, is that an on song Hafeez (against SL) is the most entertaining batsman in the world.
    Almost like Mazid Khan. By mentioning SRL only, you have missed one of his greatest glory, almost like a life time achievement - a Man of the Series against Mughabe's ZIM, in ZIM - he was silky smooth there, with bat.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    2,632
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a striking pattern here, Pakistani cricketers blaming everyone but themselves for their failings while insisting, in that very insecure way, that they are in fact God's gift to cricket.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    81
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very bold statements from hafeez

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,572
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How shameless can one get. Please Mickey get rid off him please by not selecting him.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    609
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite Hafeez playing so many games in the top order and Shadab playing so many games in the lower order, Hafeez has an ODI SR of 75 with an average of 32 and Shadab has an average of 51 with an SR of 76.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,595
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol pretty much everyone in the team has a better batting average than him, even Shadab


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Mohammad Hafeez speaking in an interview today:

    "This has a lot to do with the power of the boards" : Hafeez when asked about the constant failing and passing of his action and effect on him

    "At a lot of places there are relations between people which no one wants to spoil"

    "What I say is that if there is a rule, then why not implement it on all bowlers in the world"

    "When I was called for my action and went for my test, I was told that I was bowling with 16/17/18 degrees bend"

    "What puzzled me was that how could the naked eye see the difference between 15 and 16 degrees?"

    "There are other bowlers out there who are bowling with 25 & 30+ degrees [extension] but they have not been called for their actions"

    "The whole process of calling bowlers for their actions is a suspicious one and beyond one's understanding"

    "They could spot my action moving from 15 to 16 degrees but they cannot see those with 25, 30 or even 35+ degree actions?"

    "Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

    "They are right when they say that if Mohammad Hafeez cannot bowl, he does not deserve a place in the team but, then only those players who are bowlers should take my place; if they happen to be batsmen and my batting average is better than this is a question mark on such statements"
    Shameless, but I do like him in ththe team for his bowling, they should bat him down the order though.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,226
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is there's no reference. What degrees action are the clean offspinners operating at? The problem is while I do think the clean offspinners e.g. Ashwin will be cleared, they will never be tested in the first place, as they won't be called.

    The chucking rules atm are targeting offspinners and few others atm. There are certain fast bowlers who you could suspect chucking but are given a pass because they aren't offspinners. Offspin is an art which is difficult to bowl cleanly and be effective at the top level. Even forgetting the ones that are called, some who risk being called are phased out anyway e.g. Ojha.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,226
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is to blame though. He should have worked on a modified action and seen if he can pass the test with that action. Instead he passed with his new remodelled clean action, and then tried to get as much close to his old action without going over the limit (thus increase his effectiveness). It is useless to us if he passes the test with a ineffective bowling action, he needs to pass it with an action which will be of some use in game.

    If he has an action which he knows is both effective and will clear the test, even if umpires call him, he will pass. And umpires will stop calling him even if they think he's chucking as he's been passed. Atm the issue is you call him, and they're proven right to call him for chucking.

    If he can't do that, then give up bowling and focus on batting entirely. Unfortunately he did neither.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    2,468
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Talat, Haris, Asif (some other youngster) should play these matches before WC. Not these ttf uncles!
    Yes Saud Shakeel, Farhan etc

  41. #41
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,457
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Reports indicate that PCB may take disciplinary action against Mohammad Hafeez due to his 'ill conceived' remarks regarding ICC etc when speaking about the ban on his bowling .


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,444
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Reports indicate that PCB may take disciplinary action against Mohammad Hafeez due to his 'ill conceived' remarks regarding ICC etc when speaking about the ban on his bowling .
    Show cause notice, plus a committee to investigate the matter perhaps?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,572
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Reports indicate that PCB may take disciplinary action against Mohammad Hafeez due to his 'ill conceived' remarks regarding ICC etc when speaking about the ban on his bowling .
    I hope they ban him.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,118
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some truth in his remarks

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,521
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh come on! Whatever you think of Mohammed Hafeez, his comments are truthful. There are bowlers out there who are not called despite very visibly chucking. That is an injustice which the ICC needs to explain. Silencing its critics isn't the way to deal with it and is in fact the tactic used by most dictators!

    I guess its not surprising though when the biggest culprits are often Indian like Harbajan and the ICC is run by India. Shame on the PCB for not standing up for its own players and instead colluding with the ICC on a cover-up!
    Last edited by Usman; 19th May 2018 at 09:37.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,457
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Oh come on! Whatever you think of Mohammed Hafeez, his comments are truthful. There are bowlers out there who are not called despite very visibly chucking. That is an injustice which the ICC needs to explain. Silencing its critics isn't the way to deal with it and is in fact the tactic used by most dictators!

    I guess its not surprising though when the biggest culprits are often Indian like Harbajan and the ICC is run by India. Shame on the PCB for not standing up for its own players and instead colluding with the ICC on a cover-up!
    A journalist who interviewed Hafeez on this issues says that he now says that his remarks were part of an hour long int of which only 15 secs were used by BBC- says he had permission of PCB so PCB is also responsible for these remarks in part


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  47. #47
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,521
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    A journalist who interviewed Hafeez on this issues says that he now says that his remarks were part of an hour long int of which only 15 secs were used by BBC- says he had permission of PCB so PCB is also responsible for these remarks in part
    This is why Pakistan needs a player representative body. It is far too easy to target players and cut of their supply of income, unless they stick to the party line. There is a clear imbalance of power between the board and the individual player. Being a contracted player doesn't mean that you must sing the praises of the ICC or face sanctions. In an hour long interview, of course there will be snippets which could be used against a player.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,177
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No excuse really, disrespectful to other players, forget the boards and ICC he has just ratted on the other players.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,226
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    No excuse really, disrespectful to other players, forget the boards and ICC he has just ratted on the other players.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't mentioned other players specifically.

    I don't think it's disrespectful, it's an opinion. It could be very well be true, but it probably isn't.

    Ajmal specifically mentioned bowlers that he thought chucked without any proof which was wrong.

    All these comments seem is a bit whiny to me. But I don't think anyone's offended.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    5,177
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't mentioned other players specifically.

    I don't think it's disrespectful, it's an opinion. It could be very well be true, but it probably isn't.

    Ajmal specifically mentioned bowlers that he thought chucked without any proof which was wrong.

    All these comments seem is a bit whiny to me. But I don't think anyone's offended.
    OK then why are the PCB issuing a show cause notice.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,226
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    OK then why are the PCB issuing a show cause notice.
    I have no idea?

    It says that initially PCB were unconcerned about the remarks until ICC took notice. Maybe ICC doesn't like their testing methods questioned. But I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to question the testing methods, it's his opinion as I said, free speech and all.

    As long as he isn't disparaging another player, or alluding to that specific player suspect of chucking which is wrong, I really don't see the problem. Reports are that initially Hafeez said he actually got permission to say these things by the PCB, PCB acted because the ICC didn't like it.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    9,681
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  20180518_163931.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  340.5 KB

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    45
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Name:  20180518_163931.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  340.5 KB

    Name:  10Saeed-Ajmal-1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  43.9 KB

  54. #54
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    9,681
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliA View Post
    Name:  10Saeed-Ajmal-1.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  43.9 KB
    Both are chucking

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    45
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Both are chucking
    Well that's just your opinion not a fact, unless you have a biometrics test to backup your claim.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,185
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Name:  20180518_163931.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  340.5 KB


    quite a poor understanding of chucking, if you think a picture depicts chucking well

  57. #57
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    9,681
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post


    quite a poor understanding of chucking, if you think a picture depicts chucking well
    If he keeps his elbow within 15 degrees of that position at the release point he is ok. Otherwise he is chucking.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,185
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    If he keeps his elbow within 15 degrees of that position at the release point he is ok. Otherwise he is chucking.
    Then what is the point of the pic you just posted?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    9,681
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Then what is the point of the pic you just posted?
    That some Bowlers are picking and choosing when to chuck.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,191
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB please ban Hafeez for two years.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,279
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Your weekly reminder that a picture of a bent elbow is not conclusive proof of chucking. Straightening a bent elbow while in deliver mode, can be chucking

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez comes across as a selfish, arrogant and deceiving kind of individual. His ego and connections have been the reason why he's been able to play for an unwarranted number of years now and provided him with a platform to dictate to the team management where he bats. If this guy had a pinch of humility and shame he would have retired now and during the Misbah era would have the decency to bat lower down the order for the greater good of the team like in the CT final.

    The reason why I know he is deceiving is because he chooses when he wishes to bowl legally and to chuck. The cycle goes like this: chucking -> gets reported -> bowls legally in the bowling test -> after given permission to bowl again he will bowl legally initially -> when his legal bowling is ineffective, he goes back to chucking -> gets reported and repeat... In other words he's a smart cheat who knows how to play the system.

    Also lets not forget he was the one who orchestrated the scenes which led to him and other players refusing to train with Amir during a training session. Whether you agree or disagree with his ban you're not bigger than your captain, team management and PCB.

    If Inzy is the revolutionary that he is made out to be on here as a selector then lets see if he has it in him to go against his own ethos with preference for seniors and known names. Unfortunately there is a more realistic chance of Hafeez playing beyond 2019 WC and if this happens to be the case then this the blessing of Misbah's precedent who will go on to inspire many others I'm sure like Abdul Razzaq.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,279
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is only speaking out because the end is nigh. Speed Ajmal was equally disgraceful when his career was drawing to a close. As is Umer Alma’s right now

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What I understand is that Ul Haq has resigned from the battle of reinstating Hafeez, hence MoHa had come out from shadow for a final assault - if it works!!! I think, it might work as well, if Arthur gets sacked within next 12 months.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,457
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)







    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  66. #66
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,135
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    for everything against MoHa, I have never said guy is dumb, rather he is too smart for his cricket capability.

    But, he also knows that cricket is a complex game - 99% people don't spend 2 hours in cricket blogs and even from rest 1%, many don't know what is bent, what is extension; hence MoHa is taking chances - just like he did when there was a chance of Sulman Butt returning to compete with his opening spot (Amir was the dummy hand).

    It'll work - most people 'll feel sympathy for him (Indian saazish) and if it's fueled by pet media, people'll put their demand on PCB (Ul Haq) ..... ZIM Series is coming. If he didn't know this, he won't have bowled with clean action and dodgy action selectively - after Umpires called him, he bowled 10 overs very next game - perfectly clean, he did that also in CT (when UV took 14 in only over) - please explain how?
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th May 2018 at 17:45.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •