Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PCB accepts Mohammad Hafeez's explanation regarding criticism of ICC protocols [Update Post #72]

Mohammad Hafeez speaking in an interview today:

"This has a lot to do with the power of the boards" : Hafeez when asked about the constant failing and passing of his action and effect on him

"At a lot of places there are relations between people which no one wants to spoil"

"What I say is that if there is a rule, then why not implement it on all bowlers in the world"

"When I was called for my action and went for my test, I was told that I was bowling with 16/17/18 degrees bend"

"What puzzled me was that how could the naked eye see the difference between 15 and 16 degrees?"

"There are other bowlers out there who are bowling with 25 & 30+ degrees [extension] but they have not been called for their actions"

"The whole process of calling bowlers for their actions is a suspicious one and beyond one's understanding"

"They could spot my action moving from 15 to 16 degrees but they cannot see those with 25, 30 or even 35+ degree actions?"

"Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

"They are right when they say that if Mohammad Hafeez cannot bowl, he does not deserve a place in the team but, then only those players who are bowlers should take my place; if they happen to be batsmen and my batting average is better than this is a question mark on such statements"
    Last edited by UN talkz; 5th June 2018 at 13:36.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    "Those making statements about my batting, let me tell them that I have 11,000 Intl runs"

The worst batsman ever to make more than 10k international runs?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post

Someone tell him that Muthia Muralitharan has a Test doubles and Walshi missed that by a whisker .......

He should thank PCB, Misbah & 3/9 for his 11K runs - could have missed one zero easily ........

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    11k runs in 15 years for someone who plays all formats and bats in the top 3 is pretty mediocre.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly him and Malik are going nowhere. They know no one can touch them.
    Seniority rules
    Phir baat krtay hain everything for Pakistan. lol

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Seniority rules
    We have 15 ODIs against SA, Australia and England coming up.........

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 15 ODIs against SA, Australia and England coming up.........
    Talat, Haris, Asif (some other youngster) should play these matches before WC. Not these ttf uncles!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talat, Haris, Asif (some other youngster) should play these matches before WC. Not these ttf uncles!
    I’m expecting some “injuries” soon

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    for everything against MoHa, I have never said guy is dumb, rather he is too smart for his cricket capability.

But, he also knows that cricket is a complex game - 99% people don't spend 2 hours in cricket blogs and even from rest 1%, many don't know what is bent, what is extension; hence MoHa is taking chances - just like he did when there was a chance of Sulman Butt returning to compete with his opening spot (Amir was the dummy hand).

It'll work - most people 'll feel sympathy for him (Indian saazish) and if it's fueled by pet media, people'll put their demand on PCB (Ul Haq) ..... ZIM Series is coming. If he didn't know this, he won't have bowled with clean action and dodgy action selectively - after Umpires called him, he bowled 10 overs very next game - perfectly clean, he did that also in CT (when UV took 14 in only over) - please explain how?
    Last edited by MenInG; 11th May 2018 at 17:45.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m expecting some “injuries” soon

Donun k recent interviews check karo, aisay jaisay team inki jageer hai. So pathetic!
    Expected a bit better from Malik.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"They are right when they say that if Mohammad Hafeez cannot bowl, he does not deserve a place in the team but, then only those players who are bowlers should take my place; if they happen to be batsmen and my batting average is better than this is a question mark on such statements"
    Both Haris and Talat can bowl and are much better batsmen than you. Haris already has a better record and Talat will soon follow. Now please retire!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Both Haris and Talat can bowl and are much better batsmen than you. Haris already has a better record and Talat will soon follow. Now please retire!
    But, they don't have 11K runs, neither 15+ years experience - have some respect man.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop playing the victim. You should be honoured that we let you at for 15 plus years batting at 3, bowling in PP overs in LO,and fielding at slip when your a rubbish fielder.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    But, they don't have 11K runs, neither 15+ years experience - have some respect man.
    oops han sorry. I forgot there is no substitute to 'experience' even if you are mediocre.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant Flower has 10K international runs and his averages aren't great. But it might actually be our Lala

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    oops han sorry. I forgot there is no substitute to 'experience' even if you are mediocre.
    Hafeez scored 8 runs in 3 innings (?) - batting at 3, in BD 2015, and PAK lost 3-0 inside 40 overs - for any other major cricket board, that would have been end of a mid 30s cricketer - but, PCB has allowed him time enough to be banned twice for chucking, since then. That indicates, what he is doing now will work in PAK cricket.

I would have chopped him after he scooped out to Munaf Patel, in a WC SF, when the game was in perfect balance - that's a choker shot for a 10 years veteran and that's why entire credit for that 11K goes to PCB, Misbah & 3/9.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Amazing that Hafeez's "others are worst" argument seems to have no buyers.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez scored 8 runs in 3 innings (?) - batting at 3, in BD 2015, and PAK lost 3-0 inside 40 overs - for any other major cricket board, that would have been end of a mid 30s cricketer - but, PCB has allowed him time enough to be banned twice for chucking, since then. That indicates, what he is doing now will work in PAK cricket.

I would have chopped him after he scooped out to Munaf Patel, in a WC SF, when the game was in perfect balance - that's a choker shot for a 10 years veteran and that's why entire credit for that 11K goes to PCB, Misbah & 3/9.
    One thing you must admit, is that an on song Hafeez (against SL) is the most entertaining batsman in the world.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone tell him that Muthia Muralitharan has a Test doubles and Walshi missed that by a whisker .......

He should thank PCB, Misbah & 3/9 for his 11K runs - could have missed one zero easily ........
    What/who is 3/9?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    What/who is 3/9?
    Not who, what - March 2009.

That attack on SRL team took cricket out of PAK and forced that burnt mud to be their home. PAK wickets can be the flattest, deadest, slowest, ugliest .... whatever; but one thing is there - in North PAK (Faisalabad & Above - basically every venue bar 1/2), in winter, BALL WILL SWING and for couple hours in morning, it'll seem - then it'll reverse. If PAK played all those UAE ODI & Test in PAK & MoHa batting at 1-3, his career average won't have moved much from what was before 2010 (you may check with SR as well - worthy of the class) or what was outside Asia even in his glorious UAE days of 2010-2014.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    One thing you must admit, is that an on song Hafeez (against SL) is the most entertaining batsman in the world.
    Almost like Mazid Khan. By mentioning SRL only, you have missed one of his greatest glory, almost like a life time achievement - a Man of the Series against Mughabe's ZIM, in ZIM - he was silky smooth there, with bat.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Not who, what - March 2009.

That attack on SRL team took cricket out of PAK and forced that burnt mud to be their home. PAK wickets can be the flattest, deadest, slowest, ugliest .... whatever; but one thing is there - in North PAK (Faisalabad & Above - basically every venue bar 1/2), in winter, BALL WILL SWING and for couple hours in morning, it'll seem - then it'll reverse. If PAK played all those UAE ODI & Test in PAK & MoHa batting at 1-3, his career average won't have moved much from what was before 2010 (you may check with SR as well - worthy of the class) or what was outside Asia even in his glorious UAE days of 2010-2014.
    Add to that - PAK wickets are dead slow & low, but it doesn't break in winter, neither grips. Those spin less, chucked darts that made MoHa's bowling/all-rounder life in UAE would have been much easier to negotiate in PAK, like a slow medium pacer - you can check, I am not sure, on better/flatter wickets his bowling stats are inferior to Malik.

One of very, very few Pakistani benefited from 3/9.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a striking pattern here, Pakistani cricketers blaming everyone but themselves for their failings while insisting, in that very insecure way, that they are in fact God's gift to cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very bold statements from hafeez

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Stop playing the victim. You should be honoured that we let you at for 15 plus years batting at 3, bowling in PP overs in LO,and fielding at slip when your a rubbish fielder.
    he's actually a good fielder but... has too many dropped catches...

ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    Well, catching is quite an important part of fielding

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How shameless can one get. Please Mickey get rid off him please by not selecting him.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a bit like afraid then

Afridi is a very good batsmen but just can’t time the ball right

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seniority rules
    He knows his average against good teams is very midocre and he hails from the era " 50 banao jaga bachao" now he understands that those days are gone. Michy Arthur after CT seems like having a lot of say on selection matters. The most these overage senior players with average average can do to justify is by making statements. Hafeez is the king of come backs. How fair is that to other cricketers? Hafeez, Akmal bros, Shehzaad and Shoaib Malik they are all average cricketers with inconsistent performances over the years hence mediocre average. There are was all about drop catches and batting collapse with seriese of defeats. Why would the team need players with a defeat mentality and playing for their own survival.

Last if Pakistan defeats England or squares the 2 match series then these players are not makink upteenth come back or should say time to kiss good bye to cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men that was a rubbish, pathetic, irresponsible shot can never forgive him for that.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite Hafeez playing so many games in the top order and Shadab playing so many games in the lower order, Hafeez has an ODI SR of 75 with an average of 32 and Shadab has an average of 51 with an SR of 76.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    his odi spot is under threat by Harris,talat,asif ali hence this crying

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good fielders don't drop the catches he drops.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol pretty much everyone in the team has a better batting average than him, even Shadab

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Hafeez speaking in an interview today:

"This has a lot to do with the power of the boards" : Hafeez when asked about the constant failing and passing of his action and effect on him

"At a lot of places there are relations between people which no one wants to spoil"

"What I say is that if there is a rule, then why not implement it on all bowlers in the world"

"When I was called for my action and went for my test, I was told that I was bowling with 16/17/18 degrees bend"

"What puzzled me was that how could the naked eye see the difference between 15 and 16 degrees?"

"There are other bowlers out there who are bowling with 25 & 30+ degrees [extension] but they have not been called for their actions"

"The whole process of calling bowlers for their actions is a suspicious one and beyond one's understanding"

"They could spot my action moving from 15 to 16 degrees but they cannot see those with 25, 30 or even 35+ degree actions?"

Shameless, but I do like him in ththe team for his bowling, they should bat him down the order though.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syedahsan View Post
    Last if Pakistan defeats England or squares the 2 match series then these players are not makink upteenth come back or should say time to kiss good bye to cricket.
    Han yar apart from obvious reasons why I want us to win the upcoming series, one other reason is that will cement the place of likes of Haris in the odi team and I wanted Talat to be in test the team too as batting all rounder.

These 2 should play all odis before WC, its unfair to expect youngsters to perform right away in a big turnament especially for someone like Talat who has no odi experience. Its good time to give them a consistent run in our odi side. Hope Malik and Hafeez retire asap and this time really do something for Pakistan cricket as they mention in their every second interview and tweet.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem is there's no reference. What degrees action are the clean offspinners operating at? The problem is while I do think the clean offspinners e.g. Ashwin will be cleared, they will never be tested in the first place, as they won't be called.

The chucking rules atm are targeting offspinners and few others atm. There are certain fast bowlers who you could suspect chucking but are given a pass because they aren't offspinners. Offspin is an art which is difficult to bowl cleanly and be effective at the top level. Even forgetting the ones that are called, some who risk being called are phased out anyway e.g. Ojha.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is to blame though. He should have worked on a modified action and seen if he can pass the test with that action. Instead he passed with his new remodelled clean action, and then tried to get as much close to his old action without going over the limit (thus increase his effectiveness). It is useless to us if he passes the test with a ineffective bowling action, he needs to pass it with an action which will be of some use in game.

If he has an action which he knows is both effective and will clear the test, even if umpires call him, he will pass. And umpires will stop calling him even if they think he's chucking as he's been passed. Atm the issue is you call him, and they're proven right to call him for chucking.

If he can't do that, then give up bowling and focus on batting entirely. Unfortunately he did neither.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Pindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Saud Shakeel, Farhan etc

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mulri and Walsh, had better chances of surviving an over while facing a bowler that would swing a bit.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought selection supposed to be based upon performance or potential, Hafeez is relying on "experince" only, no performance, potential or technique. Yes he carries 15 years experience of failure.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Reports indicate that PCB may take disciplinary action against Mohammad Hafeez due to his 'ill conceived' remarks regarding ICC etc when speaking about the ban on his bowling .

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Reports indicate that PCB may take disciplinary action against Mohammad Hafeez due to his 'ill conceived' remarks regarding ICC etc when speaking about the ban on his bowling .
    Show cause notice, plus a committee to investigate the matter perhaps?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some truth in his remarks

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh come on! Whatever you think of Mohammed Hafeez, his comments are truthful. There are bowlers out there who are not called despite very visibly chucking. That is an injustice which the ICC needs to explain. Silencing its critics isn't the way to deal with it and is in fact the tactic used by most dictators!

I guess its not surprising though when the biggest culprits are often Indian like Harbajan and the ICC is run by India. Shame on the PCB for not standing up for its own players and instead colluding with the ICC on a cover-up!
    Last edited by Usman; 19th May 2018 at 09:37.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Oh come on! Whatever you think of Mohammed Hafeez, his comments are truthful. There are bowlers out there who are not called despite very visibly chucking. That is an injustice which the ICC needs to explain. Silencing its critics isn't the way to deal with it and is in fact the tactic used by most dictators!

I guess its not surprising though when the biggest culprits are often Indian like Harbajan and the ICC is run by India. Shame on the PCB for not standing up for its own players and instead colluding with the ICC on a cover-up!
    A journalist who interviewed Hafeez on this issues says that he now says that his remarks were part of an hour long int of which only 15 secs were used by BBC- says he had permission of PCB so PCB is also responsible for these remarks in part

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A journalist who interviewed Hafeez on this issues says that he now says that his remarks were part of an hour long int of which only 15 secs were used by BBC- says he had permission of PCB so PCB is also responsible for these remarks in part
    This is why Pakistan needs a player representative body. It is far too easy to target players and cut of their supply of income, unless they stick to the party line. There is a clear imbalance of power between the board and the individual player. Being a contracted player doesn't mean that you must sing the praises of the ICC or face sanctions. In an hour long interview, of course there will be snippets which could be used against a player.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No excuse really, disrespectful to other players, forget the boards and ICC he has just ratted on the other players.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    No excuse really, disrespectful to other players, forget the boards and ICC he has just ratted on the other players.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't mentioned other players specifically.

I don't think it's disrespectful, it's an opinion. It could be very well be true, but it probably isn't.

Ajmal specifically mentioned bowlers that he thought chucked without any proof which was wrong.

All these comments seem is a bit whiny to me. But I don't think anyone's offended.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  20180518_163931.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  340.5 KB

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB please ban Hafeez for two years.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope they ban him.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't mentioned other players specifically.

I don't think it's disrespectful, it's an opinion. It could be very well be true, but it probably isn't.

Ajmal specifically mentioned bowlers that he thought chucked without any proof which was wrong.

All these comments seem is a bit whiny to me. But I don't think anyone's offended.
    OK then why are the PCB issuing a show cause notice.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    OK then why are the PCB issuing a show cause notice.
    I have no idea?

It says that initially PCB were unconcerned about the remarks until ICC took notice. Maybe ICC doesn't like their testing methods questioned. But I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to question the testing methods, it's his opinion as I said, free speech and all.

As long as he isn't disparaging another player, or alluding to that specific player suspect of chucking which is wrong, I really don't see the problem. Reports are that initially Hafeez said he actually got permission to say these things by the PCB, PCB acted because the ICC didn't like it.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post

Name:  10Saeed-Ajmal-1.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  43.9 KB

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliA View Post
    Name:  10Saeed-Ajmal-1.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  43.9 KB
    Both are chucking

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are chucking
    Well that's just your opinion not a fact, unless you have a biometrics test to backup your claim.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Your weekly reminder that a picture of a bent elbow is not conclusive proof of chucking. Straightening a bent elbow while in deliver mode, can be chucking

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez comes across as a selfish, arrogant and deceiving kind of individual. His ego and connections have been the reason why he's been able to play for an unwarranted number of years now and provided him with a platform to dictate to the team management where he bats. If this guy had a pinch of humility and shame he would have retired now and during the Misbah era would have the decency to bat lower down the order for the greater good of the team like in the CT final.

The reason why I know he is deceiving is because he chooses when he wishes to bowl legally and to chuck. The cycle goes like this: chucking -> gets reported -> bowls legally in the bowling test -> after given permission to bowl again he will bowl legally initially -> when his legal bowling is ineffective, he goes back to chucking -> gets reported and repeat... In other words he's a smart cheat who knows how to play the system.

Also lets not forget he was the one who orchestrated the scenes which led to him and other players refusing to train with Amir during a training session. Whether you agree or disagree with his ban you're not bigger than your captain, team management and PCB.

If Inzy is the revolutionary that he is made out to be on here as a selector then lets see if he has it in him to go against his own ethos with preference for seniors and known names. Unfortunately there is a more realistic chance of Hafeez playing beyond 2019 WC and if this happens to be the case then this the blessing of Misbah's precedent who will go on to inspire many others I'm sure like Abdul Razzaq.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is only speaking out because the end is nigh. Speed Ajmal was equally disgraceful when his career was drawing to a close. As is Umer Alma’s right now

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What I understand is that Ul Haq has resigned from the battle of reinstating Hafeez, hence MoHa had come out from shadow for a final assault - if it works!!! I think, it might work as well, if Arthur gets sacked within next 12 months.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite a poor understanding of chucking, if you think a picture depicts chucking well

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post

quite a poor understanding of chucking, if you think a picture depicts chucking well
    If he keeps his elbow within 15 degrees of that position at the release point he is ok. Otherwise he is chucking.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he keeps his elbow within 15 degrees of that position at the release point he is ok. Otherwise he is chucking.
    Then what is the point of the pic you just posted?

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Then what is the point of the pic you just posted?
    That some Bowlers are picking and choosing when to chuck.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That some Bowlers are picking and choosing when to chuck.
    And how is that depicted in that picture?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    And how is that depicted in that picture?
    its not.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    its not.
    Agreed. I am just trying to get the poster's thought process for posting that pic.

If I were a Pakistani fan, I would take Haffez not being able to play for Pakistan in a very +ve manner!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    All-rounder Mohammad Hafeez on Wednesday submitted his reply to the Pakistan Cricket Board's (PCB) show-cause notice for "criticising the International Cricket Council (ICC) rules related to reporting suspect bowling actions".

In his reply, Hafeez, who was recently cleared for bowling after a third suspension over suspect action, said that he had not criticised the ICC and that his interview with BBC Urdu was presented out of context. "I only touched upon the technical aspects," Hafeez said, clarifying that his statement was misinterpreted.

“There are so many things influencing [who gets called for suspect actions], it has a lot to do with the power of [some] boards and nobody wants to take them on,” Hafeez was quoted as saying by BBC Urdu.

He had reportedly said that when he was tested for suspect bowling action, he was surprised to find out that a naked eye was able to see that he was bending his arm a degree or two more than the maximum 15-degree limit.

“So I have my doubts about this [calling system]. This is suspicious, why are match referees or on-field umpires not able to see those flexing up to 35 but me with 16 degrees?” the veteran campaigner, with 50 Tests, 200 ODIs and 81 T20 Internationals under his belt, had asked in his interview.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1409511/ne...w-cause-notice

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Konsa Asif ?
    BTW will be wonderful ;)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Update on Mohammad Hafeez showcause notice.

Lahore June 5: Cricketer Mr.Mohammad Hafeez appeared before a three member PCB disciplinary committee to explain his position in response to the showcause notice issued to him by the PCB.

The committee included Director Cricket Operations Mr. Haroon Rasheed, Director Media and Co-ordination Mr. Amjad Hussain and GM Legal Salman Naseer.

Mr.Hafeez clarified his recent comments about ICC protocols on bowling action.

The committee accepted Mr.Hafeez's explanation and asked him to clarify his comments to the media.

Mr. Hafeez made the following statement.

"My intention was not criticise ICC protocols nor did I mention any respected cricket board in my interview. The interview was all about my suggestions to improve the [Bowling action tests] standards and to remove doubts if any from minds of fans of cricket. Unfortunately my comments were misinterpreted and used out of context."

No further action would be taken on the matter.

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was quite clear what he said. I’m not sure how it can be misinterpreted.

And why do they always say this stuff out in public? Can’t they just have this conversation behind closed doors and resolve the issue among themselves. The PCB is just as unprofessional as the players here.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Glad the PCB showed respect to Hafeez