Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 600
  1. #161
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,789
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't believe Joyce is 39!

  2. #162
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    8,025
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Hassan should have played ahead of Rahat.
    Agreed, Hassan should have been playing. But I think Abbas also deserves to play. Should have been Hasan, Abbas, and Amir.


    ďIt is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.Ē
    ― Imran Khan

  3. #163
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice shot there by Haris

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it up Haris!


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    18,789
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That was better from Shafiq.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they are not taking it as a practice match... If they cant play these bowlers what will they do against England

  7. #167
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Agreed, Hassan should have been playing. But I think Abbas also deserves to play. Should have been Hasan, Abbas, and Amir.
    Yeah Abbas should play no qualms about that

  8. #168
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Agreed, Hassan should have been playing. But I think Abbas also deserves to play. Should have been Hasan, Abbas, and Amir.
    If anyone from these 3 has to be dropped that should be Amir

  9. #169
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Auckland
    Runs
    8,025
    Mentioned
    311 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    If anyone from these 3 has to be dropped that should be Amir
    Hasan is the last person who should have been dropped. Wouldn't have minded either one of Amir or Rahat. Amir will be economical but won't take wickets due to no pitching the ball up. Rahat will be erratic, but will get some wickets off a few "magic" deliveries.


    ďIt is not defeat that destroys you, it is being demoralized by defeat that destroys you.Ē
    ― Imran Khan

  10. #170
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed a trick here by not playing Usman.
    He has grown up playing on such kind of pitches and was the lone warrior for Lahore for quite some time.

    I dont get the obsession with his low SR in domestic. Just watch the guy bat and where he has scored. Very good on off stump.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  11. #171
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Missed a trick here by not playing Usman.
    He has grown up playing on such kind of pitches and was the lone warrior for Lahore for quite some time.

    I dont get the obsession with his low SR in domestic. Just watch the guy bat and where he has scored. Very good on off stump.
    Pak will regret not playing Saad or Usman at 6. Would have been very handy runs on this track.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hussain.r97 View Post
    Hasan is the last person who should have been dropped. Wouldn't have minded either one of Amir or Rahat. Amir will be economical but won't take wickets due to no pitching the ball up. Rahat will be erratic, but will get some wickets off a few "magic" deliveries.
    I donít know rahat might end up taking most wickets on this tour but that guy should no way near squad let alone playing XI

    Dare I say I would take wahab ahead of him in tests

  13. #173
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Pak will regret not playing Saad or Usman at 6. Would have been very handy runs on this track.
    Everyone on bench is a champion

  14. #174
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Pak will regret not playing Saad or Usman at 6. Would have been very handy runs on this track.
    We should have gone with six specialist batsmen given how frail our batting is.

    When your five batsmen consist of one 33 year old opener who's out of form, a debutant, someone with little Test match experience, an inconsistent Asad Shafiq and a player unproven in Tests in Babar Azam then you need all the help you can get.

    Mickey likes his all rounders though.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Azhar is really struggling. It's expected for a player of 33 + whatever, but the decline is too sharp for comfort. At this rate @Junaids concern could be reality.

    And that scoring

  16. #176
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kane would get a wicket if he can bring some accuracy

  17. #177
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Everyone on bench is a champion
    Bas yehi kh dia karo jab jawab na ho.. So there are no batsmen in Pak who can play swing/seam?

    We are talking about real players here who can cater movement and Usman is right up there.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  18. #178
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,490
    Mentioned
    1558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Azhar is really struggling. It's expected for a player of 33 + whatever, but the decline is too sharp for comfort. At this rate @Junaids concern could be reality.

    And that scoring
    Letís wait a few matches before reaching this conclusion. He can drop down if his lack of form persists

  20. #180
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,926
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This is where Pakistan will get away from us.

    Kane, talented but raw.

    Thompson, even domestically expensive


    See You Space Cowboy....

  21. #181
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Bas yehi kh dia karo jab jawab na ho.. So there are no batsmen in Pak who can play swing/seam?

    We are talking about real players here who can cater movement and Usman is right up there.
    Sadly there arenít and I donít believe Saad and Usman deserve to be in the XI straight away.

    I agree with structure of this XI which means Saad/Usman only come in when Babar fails in this match and probably next match too

  22. #182
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    9,979
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    After 20 overs RR is 2.05 (41/2)

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    This is where Pakistan will get away from us.

    Kane, talented but raw.

    Thompson, even domestically expensive
    I think one more wicket in this session can expose fragility of Pakistan lower middle order

  24. #184
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We should have gone with six specialist batsmen given how frail our batting is.

    When your five batsmen consist of one 33 year old opener who's out of form, a debutant, someone with little Test match experience, an inconsistent Asad Shafiq and a player unproven in Tests in Babar Azam then you need all the help you can get.

    Mickey likes his all rounders though.
    I understand what Mickey is trying to build but it's too early for both Shadab and Faheem. They need time to establish as pure bats and we do not have that playing in the UK against pretty good opponents.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    7,774
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good shot by shafiq

  26. #186
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,986
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    We should have gone with six specialist batsmen given how frail our batting is.

    When your five batsmen consist of one 33 year old opener who's out of form, a debutant, someone with little Test match experience, an inconsistent Asad Shafiq and a player unproven in Tests in Babar Azam then you need all the help you can get.

    Mickey likes his all rounders though.
    By the same token one of shadab or faheem at 8 could get vital runs which another bowler would not get. I think I prefer this combo if it's gonna be a low scoring game


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  27. #187
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Sadly there arenít and I donít believe Saad and Usman deserve to be in the XI straight away.

    I agree with structure of this XI which means Saad/Usman only come in when Babar fails in this match and probably next match too
    Babar will do well because there is no spinner.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    I understand what Mickey is trying to build but it's too early for both Shadab and Faheem. They need time to establish as pure bats and we do not have that playing in the UK against pretty good opponents.
    I agree with this combination in absence of yasir

    I donít trust Shadab as a good enough test bowler yet and thus we need extra bowler

  29. #189
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Thompson and Kane's radar is off here.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Letís wait a few matches before reaching this conclusion. He can drop down if his lack of form persists
    If he drops down, PAK'll drop down at a faster rate - only utility of batsman with literally ZERO shot making ability is to open and bat till tea, may be for a 50.

    Say at 3 - he comes at 20/1 and he'll take PAK to lunch at 55/1 max; Jimmy & his partner will have a 40 minutes lunch break and, PAK might go to 1st drinks after lunch at 73/4.

    If Azhar can't ensure an average of 100 balls per innings as opener, he has no utility in any for of the game. People talk about Hanif being slow, but that guy probably holds a record that no one ever'll break - his average partner per innings was close to 5, which means at average he had seen 4/5 batsmen getting out from other end. Take out the single digit scores, basically he carried the batting for a struggling team till the tail comes.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar will do well because there is no spinner.
    He will only do well if movement subsides by the time he comes. He has severe issues playing seam and swing

  32. #192
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,081
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    I agree with this combination in absence of yasir

    I don’t trust Shadab as a good enough test bowler yet and thus we need extra bowler
    If it's a low scoring game then Faheem will not bowl much anyway and then that extra bat would have been handy.

    But yea if Faheem can score 40+ then he will have at the least achieved that for us.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,446
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If he drops down, PAK'll drop down at a faster rate - only utility of batsman with literally ZERO shot making ability is to open and bat till tea, may be for a 50.

    Say at 3 - he comes at 20/1 and he'll take PAK to lunch at 55/1 max; Jimmy & his partner will have a 40 minutes lunch break and, PAK might go to 1st drinks after lunch at 73/4.

    If Azhar can't ensure an average of 100 balls per innings as opener, he has no utility in any for of the game. People talk about Hanif being slow, but that guy probably holds a record that no one ever'll break - his average partner per innings was close to 5, which means at average he had seen 4/5 batsmen getting out from other end. Take out the single digit scores, basically he carried the batting for a struggling team till the tail comes.
    FZ isnít looking like such a bad option at this point is he

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    If he drops down, PAK'll drop down at a faster rate - only utility of batsman with literally ZERO shot making ability is to open and bat till tea, may be for a 50.

    Say at 3 - he comes at 20/1 and he'll take PAK to lunch at 55/1 max; Jimmy & his partner will have a 40 minutes lunch break and, PAK might go to 1st drinks after lunch at 73/4.

    If Azhar can't ensure an average of 100 balls per innings as opener, he has no utility in any for of the game. People talk about Hanif being slow, but that guy probably holds a record that no one ever'll break - his average partner per innings was close to 5, which means at average he had seen 4/5 batsmen getting out from other end. Take out the single digit scores, basically he carried the batting for a struggling team till the tail comes.
    Ideally I agree his best utility as an opener and even if he fails he should keep opening till SOuth Africa series.

    The thing though is that Pakistan arenít spoilt for choices and Azhar can be afforded a chance to drop down and regain his form for a few games after SA series probably

    And I believe he still would come good in a few games opening

  35. #195
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Sadly there aren’t and I don’t believe Saad and Usman deserve to be in the XI straight away.

    I agree with structure of this XI which means Saad/Usman only come in when Babar fails in this match and probably next match too
    Not talking about combination, rather than Usman's strengths.
    Usman Salahuddin is with the team since WI series under Mickey and the guy is still sitting on sidelines. If he isnt good why are they selecting him?

    You see Haris and Shafiq bat and you clearly see a big difference in their game against fast bowling. Shafiq is shaky already 2 boundaries on edges which could have been caught while Harry is calm, relax, leaving the ball well, catering movement beautifully and scoring at a decent rate too.

    Even though Usman is not at same level like Harry but still much better than likes of Shafiq when it specifically comes to playing fast bowling.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  36. #196
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    I agree with this combination in absence of yasir

    I don’t trust Shadab as a good enough test bowler yet and thus we need extra bowler
    That's true as well but then we could've chosen a specialist spinner instead of Shadab who could hold up an end. But its a tough situation as Mickey doesn't want too many debutants.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    FZ isnít looking like such a bad option at this point is he
    Azhar canít be dropped as of now. There is a good chance he can regain his form and deliver

  38. #198
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    FZ isn’t looking like such a bad option at this point is he
    Not as opener.

    You see Haris at 3 - he had a tendency of playing away from body, but here I see him for an hour almost & he is playing close to body and doing well, because his core is good, and he has vertical bat shots. Fakhar's instinct is to flash and if he tries to fix that, might end-up losing his LO game.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,733
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Azhar is really struggling. It's expected for a player of 33 + whatever, but the decline is too sharp for comfort. At this rate @Junaids concern could be reality.

    And that scoring
    We play for less too test cricket as well. Not sure what Azhar will do.

    Whats a good score here?

    250 - 300 runs?

  40. #200
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    That's true as well but then we could've chosen a specialist spinner instead of Shadab who could hold up an end. But its a tough situation as Mickey doesn't want too many debutants.
    There is only Zafar gohar whom I see as best test spinner in Pakistan after Yasir but he was returning from injury and inexperienced so going with Shadab was probably the safer bet

  41. #201
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    We play for less too test cricket as well. Not sure what Azhar will do.

    Whats a good score here?

    250 - 300 runs?
    That should be a pretty decent score

  42. #202
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    9,979
    Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Make them stay in the field for 40 overs and don't lose another wicket. Inexperience will then creep in probably......

  43. #203
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    We play for less too test cricket as well. Not sure what Azhar will do.

    Whats a good score here?

    250 - 300 runs?
    Will bite your hand off if you offered 300 here.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Ideally I agree his best utility as an opener and even if he fails he should keep opening till SOuth Africa series.

    The thing though is that Pakistan aren’t spoilt for choices and Azhar can be afforded a chance to drop down and regain his form for a few games after SA series probably

    And I believe he still would come good in a few games opening
    He is not going to play ODI/T20, neither Asad, Sami, Imam, Usman, Saad - take them to SAF a month earlier with PAK A team, during NZ ODI series and play 4/5 FC games against decent FC players. That's the only solution - otherwise Test matches might not reach 4th days, if SAF plays Styen, Vernon, Rabada & Ngidi on their typical wickets ...........

  45. #205
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big credit goes to Sarfraz here who brought Haris straight into the odi side and test side even though he didn't play a single first class match in 3 years. Sarfraz on tv said we are missing a batsman like Haris Sohal.

    Well done Sarfi baqi clueless lot sai to koi umeed nahi talent identification ki.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  46. #206
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Not talking about combination, rather than Usman's strengths.
    Usman Salahuddin is with the team since WI series under Mickey and the guy is still sitting on sidelines. If he isnt good why are they selecting him?

    You see Haris and Shafiq bat and you clearly see a big difference in their game against fast bowling. Shafiq is shaky already 2 boundaries on edges which could have been caught while Harry is calm, relax, leaving the ball well, catering movement beautifully and scoring at a decent rate too.

    Even though Usman is not at same level like Harry but still much better than likes of Shafiq when it specifically comes to playing fast bowling.
    Shafiq has been a decent enough test cricketer with 11 hundreds and I donít believe we can drop him as of yet specially after losing misbah and younus

  47. #207
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    We play for less too test cricket as well. Not sure what Azhar will do.

    Whats a good score here?

    250 - 300 runs?
    It's Ireland, so I have no idea. In fact, I hardly know any of their FC record. But, more than runs (IRL is not going to take 20 wickets in 4 days game), I am really upset with the scoring rate. It's a 375 overs game now, max without rain and PAK'll need 170 overs to get 20 wickets - at 2.9 that's around 500 what IRL can post at MAX. So, PAK'll need to score 550+ in 180 overs - at this rate 550 will take 225 overs!!!

    I think, after lunch things'll be much easier, Irish don't have the old ball bowlers and I don't see Dockrell in XI!!!!! A SLAO spinner is must against PAK team, on any surface.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Big credit goes to Sarfraz here who brought Haris straight into the odi side and test side even though he didn't play a single first class match in 3 years. Sarfraz on tv said we are missing a batsman like Haris Sohal.

    Well done Sarfi baqi clueless lot sai to koi umeed nahi talent identification ki.
    Credit also goes to the coaches for quickly identifying he should bat at 3. He debuted at 6 but his game and ability against pace means he's better suited in the top order.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    He is not going to play ODI/T20, neither Asad, Sami, Imam, Usman, Saad - take them to SAF a month earlier with PAK A team, during NZ ODI series and play 4/5 FC games against decent FC players. That's the only solution - otherwise Test matches might not reach 4th days, if SAF plays Styen, Vernon, Rabada & Ngidi on their typical wickets ...........
    They are gonna get white washed in SA anyway. I think Azhar should be able to regain decent enough form before that as he will havevUAE series to regain confidence too

  50. #210
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Shafiq has been a decent enough test cricketer with 11 hundreds and I don’t believe we can drop him as of yet specially after losing misbah and younus
    Ok even if we agree don't drop him now if you are going with 5 batsmen but Mickey has been with the team for more than 1 year now and could have easily played Usman in some of test matches against WI knowing there will be spots soon in the team after Misbah, Younis. Usman would have got much needed experience. Right now he is just scared trying Usman.

    I like the guy but his tactics were weird at quite a few times.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  51. #211
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,926
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Would be amazed if Pakistan dont make 350 plus. I'm happy just to keep the RR down.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  52. #212
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    98 overs today - I would have targeted to get all-out in 90 overs (adjust scoring for that), and have a go to IRL openers of 6 overs this evening and another 2 hours with moisture and semi old ball tmro morning. Ideally, IRL would have loved to keep PAK on bat till lunch tmro and bat at 2.5 rate ..... (unless they get them all-out for 170 after tea today )

  53. #213
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Credit also goes to the coaches for quickly identifying he should bat at 3. He debuted at 6 but his game and ability against pace means he's better suited in the top order.
    It was a matter of time.

    Infact should have ideally debuted at 3 but they moved Azhar to 3 and opened with Shan Masood which in turn again meant no place for Usman. Dont know whose genius decision was that. Cost us big time.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  54. #214
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    6,940
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which channel is this match on?

  55. #215
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Ok even if we agree don't drop him now if you are going with 5 batsmen but Mickey has been with the team for more than 1 year now and could have easily played Usman in some of test matches against WI knowing there will be spots soon in the team after Misbah, Younis. Usman would have got much needed experience. Right now he is just scared trying Usman.

    I like the guy but his tactics were weird at quite a few times.
    We played a grand total of one series after misbah and younus departure. His chance will come soon

  56. #216
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    They are gonna get white washed in SA anyway.
    That wont happen.
    The young lot is much better against fast bowling. They just need more time and experience.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  57. #217
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,926
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    98 overs today - I would have targeted to get all-out in 90 overs (adjust scoring for that), and have a go to IRL openers of 6 overs this evening and another 2 hours with moisture and semi old ball tmro morning. Ideally, IRL would have loved to keep PAK on bat till lunch tmro and bat at 2.5 rate ..... (unless they get them all-out for 170 after tea today )
    Ireland are playing for a draw. We bat all the way down to 9, Thompson over Young was due to his batting as his bowling isnt Test level.

    We'd be happy if Pakistan made 400 by lunch or Tea tomorrow, then we aim to avoid a follow on and that should be the draw.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  58. #218
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    They are gonna get white washed in SA anyway. I think Azhar should be able to regain decent enough form before that as he will havevUAE series to regain confidence too
    Losing 3-0 is one thing (PAK lost to AUS 3-0 in 1999 series, but it doesn't tell the full story - and they sacked Pybus for that to bring Javed!!!), but being outclassed & look inept is another - and that's for lack of proper preparation is stupidity.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Ireland are playing for a draw. We bat all the way down to 9, Thompson over Young was due to his batting as his bowling isnt Test level.

    We'd be happy if Pakistan made 400 by lunch or Tea tomorrow, then we aim to avoid a follow on and that should be the draw.
    I know Donal, I told you that those grass won't be there

    It'll be a great start for IRL if you can manage a draw. Apart from AUS in 1876, only team that survived defeat in debut Test was ZIM, that too because they played IND at home - a side that did win in total 2 Tests in 16 years outside home - one at Colombo & one at Dhaka

  60. #220
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Losing 3-0 is one thing (PAK lost to AUS 3-0 in 1999 series, but it doesn't tell the full story - and they sacked Pybus for that to bring Javed!!!), but being outclassed & look inept is another - and that's for lack of proper preparation is stupidity.
    We are going to lose pretty bad. This test team is worst fielded by Pakistan in a long while. Anything other than a shambolic whitewash would be a face saver

  61. #221
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That's lunch and we'll be pleased not to lose any more wickets after the early damage.

    Opening remains a concern as ever but hopefully these two can convert these starts and get us to 300.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,285
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Losing 3-0 is one thing (PAK lost to AUS 3-0 in 1999 series, but it doesn't tell the full story - and they sacked Pybus for that to bring Javed!!!), but being outclassed & look inept is another - and that's for lack of proper preparation is stupidity.
    Do you see Haris scoring good 50s atleast.And i am sure he is the only bat u enjoy watching in this whole snail pace batting line up.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    22,577
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    That wont happen.
    The young lot is much better against fast bowling. They just need more time and experience.
    Lol that will happen. Even if young lot bats well we have serious bowling issues and wonít be able to win. Too many weak links to challenge South Africa or England away

  64. #224
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Do you see Haris scoring good 50s atleast.And i am sure he is the only bat u enjoy watching in this whole snail pace batting line up.
    I think, PAK'll post big and once bowlers get tired (it's not surprisingly too aged Irish side), scoring rate 'll increase and PAK tail half should post quick scores.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hur rizvi View Post
    Lol that will happen. Even if young lot bats well we have serious bowling issues and won’t be able to win. Too many weak links to challenge South Africa or England away
    Yeah bowling is an issue i agree. But we have young batsmen likes Haris, Babar, Usman, Saad, Saud, Talat who in my opinion will do much better than our old lot in SA. They just need some international experience.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  66. #226
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,285
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I think, PAK'll post big and once bowlers get tired (it's not surprisingly too aged Irish side), scoring rate 'll increase and PAK tail half should post quick scores.
    i am actually asking about Haris performance against england??can he do it against Anderson and Broad.>????

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    3,564
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan - 67/2 (28 ov) at Lunch. Harris Sohail 28(56), Asad Shafiq 22 (64).

  68. #228
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    That wont happen.
    The young lot is much better against fast bowling. They just need more time and experience.
    They are actually inferior against fast bowling - take out Misbah & YK, see apart from Azhar what young lot has done against fast bowling - and now Azhar is struggling. When you have Misbah & YK in their 40s as your premium batsmen against fast bowling...

    By cricket logic, it's not possible for PAK young players to play fast bowling well - it can't happen from QeA style, when they play 60 overs FC innings on soggy wickets, where 120K pacers just need to keep it on business spot, for wicket to do the job ......

    More than batting, I am afraid you'll see PAK pacers bowling absolute filth line-length on SAF wickets, because they don't need to work out batsmen to get FC wicket in buckets.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Pak should end up 290-300 for 3 by day end. Ireland have no more sting till next new ball

  70. #230
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,136
    Mentioned
    1435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    i am actually asking about Haris performance against england??can he do it against Anderson and Broad.>????
    May be, but extremely tough from No. 3 if openers put him every time in against Jimmy/Berbi's 1st spell. I think, he'll have one good innings for sure.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    They are actually inferior against fast bowling - take out Misbah & YK, see apart from Azhar what young lot has done against fast bowling - and now Azhar is struggling. When you have Misbah & YK in their 40s as your premium batsmen against fast bowling...

    By cricket logic, it's not possible for PAK young players to play fast bowling well - it can't happen from QeA style, when they play 60 overs FC innings on soggy wickets, where 120K pacers just need to keep it on business spot, for wicket to do the job ......

    More than batting, I am afraid you'll see PAK pacers bowling absolute filth line-length on SAF wickets, because they don't need to work out batsmen to get FC wicket in buckets.
    My young lot for overseas test matches = Haris, Babar, Usman, Saad, Saud, Talat.

    How many of them have got chances in test matches apart from Babar?
    Haris got few and already showed he is our best batsmen. Rest will soon make a mark if given a run.

    They will do good IA. You will see
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 12th May 2018 at 12:22.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  72. #232
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which channel in uk (Sky tv) is showing the match ?

  73. #233
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,127
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuqaddarKaSikandar View Post
    Which channel in uk (Sky tv) is showing the match ?
    Sky Sports Cricket (red button)

  74. #234
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,341
    Mentioned
    4297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    We will lose all five Tests in England and South Africa, this team is a joke. The only bright spot in batting is Haris and it remains to be seen if Babar will find his feet in Test cricket at number 5, which will probably be his permanent position for a while now.

    The rest of the batting and the whole bowling unit is in shambles. We are about to enter our worst phase in Test cricket in a long time.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,573
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We will lose all five Tests in England and South Africa, this team is a joke. The only bright spot in batting is Haris and it remains to be seen if Babar will find his feet in Test cricket at number 5, which will probably be his permanent position for a while now.

    The rest of the batting and the whole bowling unit is in shambles. We are about to enter our worst phase in Test cricket in a long time.
    Thank you very much but why are you worried as India are invincibles.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Should look to make hay this afternoon as this pitch flattens out. See out Murtagh and Rankin and cash in on the others.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,452
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Haris gone - big blow !

  78. #238
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    3,399
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohh noooooooo
    was looking so good


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  79. #239
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,573
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poor shot by haris was looking so good. Hope Babar scores big today.

  80. #240
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    √É‚Äįire
    Runs
    8,926
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Should look to make hay this afternoon as this pitch flattens out. See out Murtagh and Rankin and cash in on the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Haris gone - big blow !
    Ah I knew ye had Irish blood in ya all along Markhor, good lad keep it up!


    See You Space Cowboy....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •