Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Unfortunately his defensive technique is not up to a test standard batsman also Akmal genetics means he is not a good learner his test career is done and dusted get Usman or Saad in his place from the next test
    So all your argument is based on "genes" and hate.

Clueless.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    How successful was Kohli early on in his career, that too in english conditions?
    By no means of the stretch of the imagination am i comparing them but, give the guy some time.... he played really well in england in 2016 prior to all of his hype..... Not a major fan of him walking of scoring 14 but lets give him a chance, I believe he's just lacking that one big score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaz View Post
    Needs to stay in and around the test team for the next couple of years Maybe not playing all the time but needs to be given a opportunity where possible

Im sure he will work out a method to be a long term success
    Well said.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be persisted.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Unfortunately his defensive technique is not up to a test standard batsman also Akmal genetics means he is not a good learner his test career is done and dusted get Usman or Saad in his place from the next test
    He is a notch above Umar, and has done more in three years than the former in nine. He has a higher caliber and plays with more responsibility. Considering our batting stocks at the moment, he should be given a longer rope to see if he can find his feet in this format.

11-12 Tests are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    So all your argument is based on "genes" and hate.

Clueless.
    No I have seen enough of him to know that his defensive technique is not test class let alone world class.He is another hafeez looks good driving and cutting but his defensive game is very poor also he is weak mentally and selfish like Hafeez

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baigel View Post
    The lad is one of the highest scorers in recent Pakistan T20 cricket, agree on the test format but come on the guy has major scores in T20I
    Against depleted Windies and Exhibition World x1, thats it? And one fifty otherwise.

He's too slow for t20 cricket, and for someone who's always played in top 3 does not have many dominating knocks even in PSL and CPL

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Man, The guy averages 50 In Two formats and is regarded as an upcoming talent by many.... At the end of the day nobody cares how you scored the runs, who you scored them against all that people look at is how much you have scored. Nobody goes and looks at who tendulkar scored his runs against.... and no one cares who wasim scored his 250 against all they look at is how much they've scored. And your statement about his strike rate is going to be proved very wrong very very soon

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Needs to dropped for the england tests. If we are playing just 5 batsmen and we have a weak opening pair and a walking wicket in middle order then babar needs to be dropped.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So where are the Fawad Alam fans who wanted Babar dropped?

First they wanted Imam dropped then Babar.

Now hiding somewhere.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now hiding somewhere.
    Only Fawad Alam has grit and determination which is the most important quality in a batsman @ahmedwaqas92

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still don't see him succeeding in the England tests really, I don't think he's ready, and doesn't really display much confidence at the crease.

Better to keep him now though since he got a good knock and we've only got one practice game in between. He certainly has the ability to succeed in tests.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hes a fantastic player. Needs time. Grant flower needs to do his job. Everybody else need to relax.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Only Fawad Alam has grit and determination which is the most important quality in a batsman @ahmedwaqas92
    Bas Kar do! I am not a Babar hater but this inning was his first major contribution in test cricket after his 90* against New Zealand which was TWO YEARS AGO.

I will acknowledge that this was a very decent knock, however, we were playing against a nation who was competing in its first ever test and the lad got a reprieve right after lunch when the Irish slipper dropped a complete dolly.

He also basically hit his way into some sort of form and for that I will give him credit but now that he's shown that he has mentally overcome that Test match block which he previously had, I expect from him consistency because if he can't give us consistency then what is the difference between UAE bashers such as Asad/Azhar and or Babar?

That's the simple POV I hold right now!

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    You can just go back and forth on a player based on one innings. Yes he played a very good innings but again his average is still under 30. A player becomes good only when he strings few good performances together. If he performs well against England next month then yes I would call it a turning point. If he fails there then we are back to square one.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    kohli failed in his first go at test and was rightly dropped. Don't thing Babur is so extreme a talent that its worth carrying him at avg 25.
    Babar can't be dropped. He is pakistan's best batsman and future. They will have to let him gain that confidence in the tests.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 20th May 2018 at 17:15.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Now hiding somewhere.
    Still Babar haters nowhere to be seen.

Or some might be happy now that he's injured.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Bas Kar do! I am not a Babar hater but this inning was his first major contribution in test cricket after his 90* against New Zealand which was TWO YEARS AGO.

I will acknowledge that this was a very decent knock, however, we were playing against a nation who was competing in its first ever test and the lad got a reprieve right after lunch when the Irish slipper dropped a complete dolly.

He also basically hit his way into some sort of form and for that I will give him credit but now that he's shown that he has mentally overcome that Test match block which he previously had, I expect from him consistency because if he can't give us consistency then what is the difference between UAE bashers such as Asad/Azhar and or Babar?

That's the simple POV I hold right now!
    I hope your POV is changing

Stats are important but sometimes we need to use our eyes to judge if a player is worth investing in.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still Babar haters nowhere to be seen.

Or some might be happy now that he's injured.
    After 1 innings? Let him average over 40 first he's nowhere near at the moment Fawad is definitely a more deserving selection than Imam.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Injury is a huge blow, really felt he was turning a corner in tests since the Ireland knock.

'We know which Pakistan has turned up today...'

'It's the one to be afraid of.'

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm extremely glad he will shut up his haters with his past 2 knocks. High time people realize that players go through ups and downs but class, indeed, is permanent.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with this thread tbh, Babar needs to be dropped from tests so he can focus on LOC, otherwise poor performances in Test cricket can take a toll on his performances in LOC.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    I agree with this thread tbh, Babar needs to be dropped from tests so he can focus on LOC, otherwise poor performances in Test cricket can take a toll on his performances in LOC.
    Yes drop the only promising batsman from the lineup. We deserve this mediocrity.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaz View Post
    He needs to be given more confidence but also these guys need to work in the nets also - someone needs to tell them their issues etc

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    Yes drop the only promising batsman from the lineup. We deserve this mediocrity.
    Only from tests, to make sure his performances in LOC don't deteriorate.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He needs to be given more confidence but also these guys need to work in the nets also - someone needs to tell them their issues etc
    I don't understand what these guys have done between the games and extra 2 days as they get finished within 3 days. They're playing the same old shots. Only Sarfraz showed some spine and stuck it out. Are the coaches only for showcase or do they actually work on weaknesses of batsmen?!

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    I don't understand what these guys have done between the games and extra 2 days as they get finished within 3 days. They're playing the same old shots. Only Sarfraz showed some spine and stuck it out. Are the coaches only for showcase or do they actually work on weaknesses of batsmen?!
    Cant really fault the coaches.When a batsman who has been playing for 8 years cant play Shot balls and an opener who is T20 player is playing tests what can we expect?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Courageous stuff from Babar after being hit on the ribs by Olivier but is there a problem in his technique or the bowling too good?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Courageous stuff from Babar after being hit on the ribs by Olivier but is there a problem in his technique or the bowling too good?
    Not much one can do if the ball misbehaves like that. A few balls before it kept low and then it bounced extra.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with technique, was very unlucky with those two balls, one die down other jump so sharply from good length...

He has best technique out of all Pakistanis, unlucky to be playing with tail all the time. I hope next test series he plays at 4. Plus We continue to play 5-2-3 mode till batters are developed. Asad and Azhar has been huge disappointment

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahdi View Post
    Not much one can do if the ball misbehaves like that. A few balls before it kept low and then it bounced extra.
    He has had some rough balls in this series.
    This ball misbehaved, last game one hit his shoulder off a good length. He got out to 1 which kept low on day 1 2nd test.
    To put those out of your mind and bat the way he has is commendable.
    Need him to go on

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't blame that on the technique, the ball bounced abnormally, it's a bit like if you're driving and a car just comes out of nowhere to crash into you, just nothing you can do about balls like that, it just reared after pitching