User Tag List

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was asking Najam Sethi give Test caps to Faheem Ashraf and Imam-ul-Haq justified? [Update Post#11]

Is najam sethi giving test caps to faheem and imam justified , i think it should be a cricketer what are your thoughts

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even someone like Rameez Raja giving the caps wouldve been more decent than Sethi lol

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think these chairmans always want to be in front always whether sethi or shehriyar khan

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly we have bigger problems to worry about.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not to imam - should have used zahman

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Everything is an issue in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very bad planning by PCB. Should have flown in Abdul Qadir or Sarfaraz Nawaz to give out the caps.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No player in the team who's been around for a while and is counted among the best in world cricket;Azhar and Asad dont give that feeling either.

I'd still have asked Azhar or Sarfraz to hand over the caps.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Yes, I don’t really care who gives them out, but more to the point, why wasn’t Shaheen Shah Afridi given a debut, given that his extra height and pace will be crucial in South Africa in seven months’ time.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sethi has earned the right to give out the Pakistan Test Cap. Easily the best and most efficient PCB Chairman in Pakistani Cricket History.
    Last edited by AssassinatedDevil; 13th May 2018 at 03:31.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Sethi has earned the right to give out the Pakistan Test Cap. Easily the best and most efficient PCB Chairman in Pakistani Cricket History.
    Mystery solved

Najam Sethi on TV last night said

"I was asked to award caps by the manager as he felt that this was a historic Test and would provide motivation for the cricketers"

"I said, why don't we ask Inzamam-ul-Haq who is the chief selector to do that?"

"So it was decided that Inzamam would award these caps but unfortunately, Inzamam was dropped off to a wrong location by the taxi that he took that day"

"He had to walk a lot and by the time he got to the ground the time for the ceremony had passed"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mystery solved

"I was asked to award caps by the manager as he felt that this was a historic Test and would provide motivation for the cricketers"

"So it was decided that Inzamam would award these caps but unfortunately, Inzamam was dropped off to a wrong location by the taxi that he took that day"

"He had to walk a lot and by the time he got to the ground the time for the ceremony had passed"
    Ok this is hilarious

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, the captain should be the one who gives the test cap. Whether the captain is an unknown budding cricketer or a legend shouldn't matter. He is the one who will be your captain and it is his stamp of approval because of which you are in the playing eleven and hence he should be the one giving you your first test/odi/t20 cap

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ok this is hilarious
    that is peak Pakistan

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Skardu, GB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Najam Sethi has a habitat of holding the trophy and posing with the team as if he is part of the cricket team.

To be honest, he fits perfectly in. I would’ve never thought he is Chairman.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ok this is hilarious
    I imagined the scene - a worried Inzi walking very fast - looking at his watch, getting phone calls etc but cant make to the stadium!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf I’m pretty sure we have bigger fish to fry
    No need to worry over these small things

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mystery solved

Inzi still running himself out. 😂😂

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    I feel bad for Inzi - he came all that way from Pak probably to give out cap to his nephew!

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mystery solved

Creative excuse used by Inzi, probably making the most of the breakfast buffet

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Mystery solved

The visions this is bringing up are hilarious.

Absolute comedy from PCB. Why wasn't Inzi travelling with the squad.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was just an excuse.. Inzi didn't want to present test cap to his own nephew

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi bhai probably got a free ride on Uber and decided to take off

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mystery solved

This is hilarious.

Maybe the taxi driver wasn’t an Inzamam fan and preferred MoYo in their playing days

Listen to your parents. Love them and respect them. Do not ever disobey or be rude to them

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it even matter who hands out the caps? Hell even if a six year old boy handed out the caps. I wouldn’t have noticed or cared.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    772 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mystery solved

Although it doesn't really matter who gives out the cap..................... This is hilarious