Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 107
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [VIDEO] Younis Khan's glorious 218 at The Oval in 2016



    I was one of his main critics when it came to LOI cricket but what an amazing test player he was. Really missing a player like him in our test team currently.

    Who do you think will take up his mantle? Haris, Babar or Imam?

    I have no hopes from Azhar and Shafiq; they will remain inconsistent and impact-less especially the latter.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,720
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Brilliant knock superbly paced and in a pressure situation when we needed to level the series.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is an underrated cricketer. Averages 49.15 away against Eng, India, NZ, SA, and Aus-which is very good. He also has most runs and 100s in tests by a Pakistani. I wish more people would appreciate him.
    He really came through for Pakistan with that incredible 200 and helped us tie the series.

    I think both Haris and Babar have the potential to take up his mantle but it will be very difficult for them. If Babar can get going in the Tests like he has in ODIs then i think he can become the next Younis Khan or potentially even surpass him.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    2,684
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching that video took me back. What a amazing player he was. This was just one of many many occasions where he played a fabulous knock under pressure and put us back in the game. When it come to pressure situations or 2nd innings batting there hasn’t been anyone better. Really is being missed!

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    The greatest knock in the history of cricket, this man is just such a special individual. Kids these days are always so ignorant to not appreciate his genius and this knock came past his prime as well, beyond me how fans still berate the one who managed to cross that 10K barrier for the first time in Pakistan's Test History. Even if they have an issue with his behaviour that shouldn't get in the way of objectively judging his match winning prowess for Pakistan, in the 2000's there has never been a more important batsman when it came to our Test fortunes. He's a throwback with an unmatched mental fortitude, a gritty warrior who never says die and represented his country with absolute pride. Miss the legend


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    1,619
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arguably best Pakistani batsman in test.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,429
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The greatest knock in the history of cricket, this man is just such a special individual. Kids these days are always so ignorant to not appreciate his genius and this knock came past his prime as well, beyond me how fans still berate the one who managed to cross that 10K barrier for the first time in Pakistan's Test History. Even if they have an issue with his behaviour that shouldn't get in the way of objectively judging his match winning prowess for Pakistan, in the 2000's there has never been a more important batsman when it came to our Test fortunes. He's a throwback with an unmatched mental fortitude, a gritty warrior who never says die and represented his country with absolute pride. Miss the legend
    I'm hoping you'd love this video too.



    it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,684
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 177 in SL in fourth innings was better than this IMO. Have not seen a better player for spin than YK (Mahela and VVS come close). I remember he thanked Mohd Azharuddin for this knock (advising a change), during the presentation ceremony at the KIA Oval!


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    21,566
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of his best knocks. One of the best knocks I have seen by a Pakistani batsmen in tests.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,694
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undisputed ATG.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,584
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was even more memorable given his initial/usual struggles.
    Last edited by DeadBall; 16th May 2018 at 22:22.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England bowlers underestimated him after seeing his dance in the crease previous 6 innings. He batted well in this innings though.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,794
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    England bowlers underestimated him after seeing his dance in the crease previous 6 innings. He batted well in this innings though.
    He was dancing and jumping on spicier pitches.

    The double hundred was on a flat wicket and when the wicket is flat, Anderson and broad are trundlers.

    But credit to Yk for taking advantage of the situation. Very good knock it was.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,168
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Undisputed ATG.
    No because he's not from a country with batting culture.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    He was dancing and jumping on spicier pitches.

    The double hundred was on a flat wicket and when the wicket is flat, Anderson and broad are trundlers.

    But credit to Yk for taking advantage of the situation. Very good knock it was.
    Nobody is going to talk about flatness of the pitch here. That’s only when we talk about Indian batsmen scoring centuries away from home, there you would hear all types of excuses like road like pitch, subcontinent type of pitch, dead wicket,etc

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,148
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember that knock and it was glorious to watch.

    The most bizarre thing was the post-match conference.

    YK stayed that he stopped jumping around the crease after receiving a call from Mohammad Azharuddin, who told him to “stay still”.

    What the hell were the coaches and management doing for the past 3 Tests???

    Makes you really wonder, don it?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    2,570
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what was his performance in 10 test innings, including 6 on this tour, prior to this one ?

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,676
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forever grateful for his services. No one is perfect but you have to admire him for over achieving as a player. I and many others thought he'd never make it when he started of.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The best inning by an Asian batsman outside Asia in the 21st century

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant inning.

    Delivered when mattered.It was quite rude of you @Mamoon when you compared this inning with Cook's inning in Melbourne last year on a dead rubber.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That inning also came at a Strike Rate of 71.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    7,457
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic innings and I would say it was his best after that the 267 at Bangalore.

    Huge part in our win that game and a 2-2 draw was a very good result indeed.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    The greatest knock in the history of cricket, this man is just such a special individual. Kids these days are always so ignorant to not appreciate his genius and this knock came past his prime as well, beyond me how fans still berate the one who managed to cross that 10K barrier for the first time in Pakistan's Test History. Even if they have an issue with his behaviour that shouldn't get in the way of objectively judging his match winning prowess for Pakistan, in the 2000's there has never been a more important batsman when it came to our Test fortunes. He's a throwback with an unmatched mental fortitude, a gritty warrior who never says die and represented his country with absolute pride. Miss the legend
    Agree to each and every word, a total ATG in test format.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    He was dancing and jumping on spicier pitches.

    The double hundred was on a flat wicket and when the wicket is flat, Anderson and broad are trundlers.

    But credit to Yk for taking advantage of the situation. Very good knock it was.
    As usual, you post without thinking. The pitch for the last match of that series was actually the quickest out of all of them. This information is from the host broadcaster for that series and thus, does not suffer from bias.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    He was dancing and jumping on spicier pitches.

    The double hundred was on a flat wicket and when the wicket is flat, Anderson and broad are trundlers.

    But credit to Yk for taking advantage of the situation. Very good knock it was.
    YK holds an average of 49 against the likes of NZ, AUS, England etc. away as told by the poster above. You cannot use these lame excuses to discredit his innings.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    An amazing innings from an amazing batsman. One of the greatest of all time and arguably, the greatest from Pakistan.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,682
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Nobody is going to talk about flatness of the pitch here. That’s only when we talk about Indian batsmen scoring centuries away from home, there you would hear all types of excuses like road like pitch, subcontinent type of pitch, dead wicket,etc
    Its not our fault that your main batsman failed like a tail-ender in England.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Nobody is going to talk about flatness of the pitch here. That’s only when we talk about Indian batsmen scoring centuries away from home, there you would hear all types of excuses like road like pitch, subcontinent type of pitch, dead wicket,etc
    Which Indian batsman has scored a double century in England and when has that been discredited?

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,361
    Mentioned
    780 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    As usual, you post without thinking. The pitch for the last match of that series was actually the quickest out of all of them. This information is from the host broadcaster for that series and thus, does not suffer from bias.
    This is actually 100% factually True! When YK scored his double ton I personally was skeptical that the pitch would've been flat and lifeless but then Sky broadcasted a graphic stating that The Oval pitch had more bounce and lateral movement than any other surface previously recorded in the tour.

    Can somebody be kind enough to dig that graphic from the game at the Oval??

  30. #30
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Which Indian batsman has scored a double century in England and when has that been discredited?
    So those centuries scored by Indian players overseas were discredited because they did not convert them to double century? We can only comment about pitch for centuries not for double centuries?

    This is similar to filter you put earlier that kohli needs to score ODI winning century against Pakistan in UAE or Pakistan to be called great ODI batsman to discard the winning century Kohli scored against pak in Australia, that too in WC.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,937
    Mentioned
    1616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This innings was wonderful to watch. I could replay 6:42 from the video in the OP everyday for a month and still not get bored of it. That was poetry in motion.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  32. #32
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    506
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis scored more in 1 innings in England than what Kohli managed in 5 tests . Yet never tire of hearing some PPers downplaying YK while praising Kohli to the skies. IMO Younis is a certified legend and the 2nd greatest Asian test batsman(behind Sanga) to debut post 2000. He is even slightly superior to Sehwag IMHO and far superior to FTB Kohli, at least as of now. Need to show the legend more respect here.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    2,989
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched it Live at the Oval and even made it to the Sky Sports montage with my friends and I standing up to applaud YK's first century. Amazing memories and proves that form is temporary and class is permanent. Also remember how the tail wagged and helped YK to keep scoring which deflated the English fans sitting amongst us (much to our delight).

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    338
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This innings was wonderful to watch. I could replay 6:42 from the video in the OP everyday for a month and still not get bored of it. That was poetry in motion.
    Whether you think he's ATG or not, one cannot disagree that this is an ATG knock. Scored the first 100 @SR of 70 and maintained the same rate from 100-200 runs. Not to forget how brilliant he was with the tail. Didn't give them too much exposure until they were in at the crease for long enough.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,175
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Nobody is going to talk about flatness of the pitch here. That’s only when we talk about Indian batsmen scoring centuries away from home, there you would hear all types of excuses like road like pitch, subcontinent type of pitch, dead wicket,etc


    Here's a quarter, you know the rest!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  36. #36
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Younis scored more in 1 innings in England than what Kohli managed in 5 tests . Yet never tire of hearing some PPers downplaying YK while praising Kohli to the skies. IMO Younis is a certified legend and the 2nd greatest Asian test batsman(behind Sanga) to debut post 2000. He is even slightly superior to Sehwag IMHO and far superior to FTB Kohli, at least as of now. Need to show the legend more respect here.
    Lol. Kohli is a FTB but UAE khan is a great player against swing, pace and bounce.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,928
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great innings this was.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    So those centuries scored by Indian players overseas were discredited because they did not convert them to double century? We can only comment about pitch for centuries not for double centuries?

    This is similar to filter you put earlier that kohli needs to score ODI winning century against Pakistan in UAE or Pakistan to be called great ODI batsman to discard the winning century Kohli scored against pak in Australia, that too in WC.
    I did not say either of those things. Come back when you are better at comprehending what you read.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I did not say either of those things. Come back when you are better at comprehending what you read.
    Why did you have to quote me? You had nothing related to what I had commented earlier. Why did you have to talk about double century to me while I was commenting about flatness of the pitch? pls try to follow whatever you preach to others.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Edmonton-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    4,766
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember watching this live on of the greaetest test innings by an Asian batsman outside of Asia I have ever seen.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Why did you have to quote me? You had nothing related to what I had commented earlier. Why did you have to talk about double century to me while I was commenting about flatness of the pitch? pls try to follow whatever you preach to others.
    Stop your whining, it's getting annoying. Your claims regarding the flatness of this pitch are rubbish because this pitch was actually the toughest for batting on the entire tour.

    Had an Indian batsman done what Khan did, you can rest assured that he would have gotten praised as well.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Stop your whining, it's getting annoying. Your claims regarding the flatness of this pitch are rubbish because this pitch was actually the toughest for batting on the entire tour.

    Had an Indian batsman done what Khan did, you can rest assured that he would have gotten praised as well.
    Lol. You must be the last one to talk about whining about pitches. When kohli scored century after century in Australia, pitches were flat, when scored century in SA, pitch was subcontinent type pitch. Like I said earlier try to follow whatever you preach. Stop crying about pitch every time Indian batsman score century. There is a reason why Indian batt8ng line up is the best in the world and team is the best team in the world.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    Lol. You must be the last one to talk about whining about pitches. When kohli scored century after century in Australia, pitches were flat, when scored century in SA, pitch was subcontinent type pitch. Like I said earlier try to follow whatever you preach. Stop crying about pitch every time Indian batsman score century. There is a reason why Indian batt8ng line up is the best in the world and team is the best team in the world.
    The pitches in Australia were flat and Centurion was a subcontinental-type pitch. These are factual statements supported by evidence, just like the statement regarding the Oval strip being the spiciest pitch of the 2016 Pak v Eng series.

    How about you go sing the praises of your batting lineup in a thread about the Indian batting lineup and not pollute this thread with your nonsense?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,759
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post


    I was one of his main critics when it came to LOI cricket but what an amazing test player he was. Really missing a player like him in our test team currently.

    Who do you think will take up his mantle? Haris, Babar or Imam?

    I have no hopes from Azhar and Shafiq; they will remain inconsistent and impact-less especially the latter.
    Notice how he looks a uncomfortable in a few of his shots in the beginning of his innings.

    After his century he was playing more straight down the ground, the cover drives were perfect executed.

    Text book batting after he scored his hundred.

    I also had somewhat of a laugh when he smashed Anderson's 79mph half trackers, and when he finally got out at 218 to an Anderson slower ball, I was reminded of all the posts here on PP starting from 2015 when this series was announced against England, that how all of our batsmen will be walking wickets.

    A 40 year old and 43 year old don't have the reflexes, and the technique to survive the superior skills of Anderson and Broad, they will run through our batting etc etc..

    All of our batsmen can get selfish 100s, and when Younis got his the lead was only 75. Younis's then did only what a GOAT can do, he took the game away from the opposition and he made them pay for getting him into form. Literally he was toying with their batting, he made them look average, their body language was deflated and he single handedly turned a lead, which would've been an average one of 100-110 to a massive and match defining lead of 200.. He did score these runs in a very short time. Any young player watching, this is the ideal way to pace an innings in a test match.

    Younis scored a double century against Zimbabwe once, and he took the game away from them. People said it was only Zimbabwe he can score like this against, he doesn't have it to do it against the big guns.

    Here he is, against an English side, that was beginning of the end of a great Test Match side on their home turf.

    Good players play for the milestones, great players take the game away from the opposition. The more I look at this knock, the more I feel Younis is really underrated with the big names around...

  45. #45
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,474
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really miss this guy. He scored a lot of key runs for us unlike some others who always choke under pressure.

    He was superb again spin and in general very good to watch bat in Tests. He deserves being Pak's highest run scorer in the format.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    The pitches in Australia were flat and Centurion was a subcontinental-type pitch. These are factual statements supported by evidence, just like the statement regarding the Oval strip being the spiciest pitch of the 2016 Pak v Eng series.

    How about you go sing the praises of your batting lineup in a thread about the Indian batting lineup and not pollute this thread with your nonsense?
    Evidence? I have the evidence that kohli’s century on adelide was one of the spiciest wickets. Similarly centurion wicket was not a subcontinent type of wicket. Otherwise pacers would not have got that many wickets.

    You have been discussing about Indian batsmen in the last several post of yours. Now you are telling me, I am polluting this thread. Big LOL.

    Annoying, non sense, etc Calm down angry man. If this is your way of crying, I will go easy next time. Bye for now.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Notice how he looks a uncomfortable in a few of his shots in the beginning of his innings.

    After his century he was playing more straight down the ground, the cover drives were perfect executed.

    Text book batting after he scored his hundred.

    I also had somewhat of a laugh when he smashed Anderson's 79mph half trackers, and when he finally got out at 218 to an Anderson slower ball, I was reminded of all the posts here on PP starting from 2015 when this series was announced against England, that how all of our batsmen will be walking wickets.

    A 40 year old and 43 year old don't have the reflexes, and the technique to survive the superior skills of Anderson and Broad, they will run through our batting etc etc..

    All of our batsmen can get selfish 100s, and when Younis got his the lead was only 75. Younis's then did only what a GOAT can do, he took the game away from the opposition and he made them pay for getting him into form. Literally he was toying with their batting, he made them look average, their body language was deflated and he single handedly turned a lead, which would've been an average one of 100-110 to a massive and match defining lead of 200.. He did score these runs in a very short time. Any young player watching, this is the ideal way to pace an innings in a test match.

    Younis scored a double century against Zimbabwe once, and he took the game away from them. People said it was only Zimbabwe he can score like this against, he doesn't have it to do it against the big guns.

    Here he is, against an English side, that was beginning of the end of a great Test Match side on their home turf.

    Good players play for the milestones, great players take the game away from the opposition. The more I look at this knock, the more I feel Younis is really underrated with the big names around...
    Great post. Khan's ability to go big is just another reason why he's right up there with Lara, Sachin, Kallis and the rest as an ATG test batsman.

    If he had the hype of an Indian batsman behind him, there would be absolutely no questions over his greatness.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Great post. Khan's ability to go big is just another reason why he's right up there with Lara, Sachin, Kallis and the rest as an ATG test batsman.

    If he had the hype of an Indian batsman behind him, there would be absolutely no questions over his greatness.
    Then you also cry that we are bringing Indian batsman to this discussion and polluting the thread. Seriously?.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree this is a good innings but calling him an ATG for this innings is lol worthy. Both Ganguly and Laxman played innings as good as this one if not better. Still no Indians hype them as ATG. Don’t have to use ATG so loosely. It’s like saying Srinath is ATG and as good as WAsim or Ambrose.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,168
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    I agree this is a good innings but calling him an ATG for this innings is lol worthy. Both Ganguly and Laxman played innings as good as this one if not better. Still no Indians hype them as ATG. Don’t have to use ATG so loosely. It’s like saying Srinath is ATG and as good as WAsim or Ambrose.
    Can you name the indian atg Batsmen s?

  51. #51
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,168
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lot of people are still can't swallow this knock.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is a test legend.

    However, his poor showing in limited overs is the reason he doesn't get a mention alongside JH Kallis, K Sangakkara and R Dravid.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible innings that again proves the phrase "form is temporary, class is permanent". Younis Khan and Misbah-Ul-Haq, the two most criticized players by certain sections of PP, led the way in the series.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,928
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    What a great innings this was.
    Man I just miss that series so much, look back at it with great memories.

    I remember it well.

    That friday I was just at home in the morning watching the match, standard summer holidays friday morning for me. Then later in evening I went to London with friends, that was a chill day, I remember following score on the train.

    Next morning was Saturday, I remember watching start, then I had my own cricket match, my team were batting first so I kept checking the score and saw that YK had scored double century and he got good support from Amir, the lead was growing, I was hoping it wouldn't be a repeat of 3rd test but this time we got a much bigger lead. Then I remember my team was defending the score and as soon as it was drinks break, I ran off and quickly checked score on my phone, then once my match was finished I ran off again and checked score and it was 88-4 at stumps.

    Then I remember watching highlights when I was home feeling happy cos we won the match I was playing in.

    Then the next day I remember Pakistan wrapped up the victory and I was feeling very relaxed, very good scenes as Pakistan were number 1 team and I felt so patriotic that day, IIRC it was independence day. Then I remember going to see some family in the evening, as some had just come back from Pakistan and also as my brother was going to America the next day for a year abroad as part of his degree.

    Such a chilled couple of days! Good times and a great innings, I remember that six he hit to reach his double century. I think he was out lbw before he reached his 200 but it was reviewed and overturned, I remember I was in the car on the way to my cricket match at that time and listening to radio commentary.

    Wonder who can step up for Pakistan this year with a similar innings?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,720
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    This is actually 100% factually True! When YK scored his double ton I personally was skeptical that the pitch would've been flat and lifeless but then Sky broadcasted a graphic stating that The Oval pitch had more bounce and lateral movement than any other surface previously recorded in the tour.

    Can somebody be kind enough to dig that graphic from the game at the Oval??
    I love how we all remember the Sky infographic. I've even saved it on my desktop.

    Name:  A1jP75i.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  76.0 KB

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    12,629
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fantastic innings. Best Pakistani test batsman of all time arguably and easily the best I've seen. Scored big hundreds when under pressure. Just goes to show how test cricket is , more than technique, a test of character and mental strength of an individual.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,538
    Mentioned
    4510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    I'm hoping you'd love this video too.

    Amazing, just incredible. The greatest test series I have ever seen in England and up there with the ashes in 2005 for me. Our greatest triumph since the 92 WC win when Misbah held that beautiful mace thanks to the performance in England and alongside the others, YK was one of the centre pieces of that golden generation which reached number one.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    447
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    The best inning by an Asian batsman outside Asia in the 21st century
    Really? I think that's Hyperbole for sure. It's definitely one of the best I've seen, especially from a Pakistani batsman, but probably a few more up there. I think the fact that Younis is so uncomfortable and fidgety early in his innings, is used to undermine his effectiveness. Yes, he's not as solid as Dravid, or doesn't have the elegance of Sanga, but he's got grit and he grew into one of the greatest Asian batsmen of all time. Definitely MisYou today.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,996
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The most fun thing of YK was that he would always reach his hundreds or double hundreds with a barrage of most confident sixes. As soon as YK would reach the so called nervous nineties, he would become the best T20 batsman in the world.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    10,759
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send1983 View Post
    I agree this is a good innings but calling him an ATG for this innings is lol worthy. Both Ganguly and Laxman played innings as good as this one if not better. Still no Indians hype them as ATG. Don’t have to use ATG so loosely. It’s like saying Srinath is ATG and as good as WAsim or Ambrose.
    We also remember how they performed in 2012, the golden generation that was whitewashed. All the hype the golden generation received before the series, it was quite an anticlimax.

    Compared to this these two players are right in the ends of their careers, and they went out with a really fighting series which was respectable.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Really? I think that's Hyperbole for sure. It's definitely one of the best I've seen, especially from a Pakistani batsman, but probably a few more up there. I think the fact that Younis is so uncomfortable and fidgety early in his innings, is used to undermine his effectiveness. Yes, he's not as solid as Dravid, or doesn't have the elegance of Sanga, but he's got grit and he grew into one of the greatest Asian batsmen of all time. Definitely MisYou today.
    No hyperbole. Which Asian batsman scored a series saving double hundred in completely alien conditions against a world class attack in this century?

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    The best inning by an Asian batsman outside Asia in the 21st century
    Exaggeration. There are many and many innings better than this outside Asia by an Asian batsmen. I think even Pakistan must be having better innings than this.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Exaggeration. There are many and many innings better than this outside Asia by an Asian batsmen. I think even Pakistan must be having better innings than this.
    Name them.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Name them.
    1) SRT 146 vs Steyn and Morkel in Cape town 2011
    2) Gambhir's famous hundred in Napier, 2009
    3) Dravid 142, Leeds 2002
    4) Dravid 146*, Oval 2011
    5) Sangakkara 192, Hobart 2007
    6) Sangakkara 203, Wellington 2014
    7) Laxman 92, Durban 2010
    8) Rahane 100 at Lords 2013
    9) Kohli 141 at SR of 80, Adelaide 2014 on a rank-turner

    This should be enough for a start.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, I rate Younis very highly. He is the greatest test batsmen since Sangakkara till now. Brilliant consistency, scores big hundreds and delivers when matters(in all conditions).

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    We also remember how they performed in 2012, the golden generation that was whitewashed. All the hype the golden generation received before the series, it was quite an anticlimax.

    Compared to this these two players are right in the ends of their careers, and they went out with a really fighting series which was respectable.
    They had already won the series once in eng, drew a series in Aus and SA. 2012 was their last year of their career. Lol at picking up that year. If you go by that you have to call Viv a tailender, that’s how he struggled in his last years of his career. Same for Ponting,etc.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    983
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    No hyperbole. Which Asian batsman scored a series saving double hundred in completely alien conditions against a world class attack in this century?
    What do you have to say for series winning centuries scored by Rahul Dravid and Sachin in 2007 series in England? Sachin’s century against steyn and co to draw a series in SA 2011. Rahul Dravid double century and 70 in the second innings against lee, Gillespie,etc in 2002 in Aus?

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,591
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Rahul Dravid's double hundred in Adelaide is ridiculously underrated.

    It came when Australia already had put 556 on board while India were 85/4 and from there coming out and winning a match away from home in Australia takes a lot. He also scored a 72* in 2nd inning.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    952
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    No hyperbole. Which Asian batsman scored a series saving double hundred in completely alien conditions against a world class attack in this century?
    Those are very...specific qualifications. Does a match winning hundred in the 2nd test on a green top on day 1 in completely aliens conditions against a world class bowling attack count? If yes, then


  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    952
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    And Rahul Dravid's double hundred in Adelaide is ridiculously underrated.

    It came when Australia already had put 556 on board while India were 85/4 and from there coming out and winning a match away from home in Australia takes a lot. He also scored a 72* in 2nd inning.
    People bring up the absence of McGrath and Warne as the reason why India won this test while the fact that India bowled out a full strength Australian batting line up twice completely slips their mind.

    And Warne was ALWAYS useless against India. He averages like 50 against India...unfortunately with the ball. So I highly doubt he would have done anything in this test had he played.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,331
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favorite innings by a Pakistani batsman.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,089
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    1) SRT 146 vs Steyn and Morkel in Cape town 2011
    2) Gambhir's famous hundred in Napier, 2009
    3) Dravid 142, Leeds 2002
    4) Dravid 146*, Oval 2011
    5) Sangakkara 192, Hobart 2007
    6) Sangakkara 203, Wellington 2014
    7) Laxman 92, Durban 2010
    8) Rahane 100 at Lords 2013
    9) Kohli 141 at SR of 80, Adelaide 2014 on a rank-turner

    This should be enough for a start.
    None of them was better and more impactful.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    357
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    None of them was better and more impactful.
    Remove your green tinted glasses
    The world is beautiful

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    547
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshwa View Post
    Remove your green tinted glasses
    The world is beautiful
    Maybe you also need to remove your blue tinted glasses. Every time i read your posts you are always trying to belittle Pakistan cricket team and its players, while praising Indian cricket team.

    On topic:
    Definitely a glorious double 100, better than any i've seen, especially considering it's importance and impact.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    357
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Maybe you also need to remove your blue tinted glasses. Every time i read your posts you are always trying to belittle Pakistan cricket team and its players, while praising Indian cricket team.

    On topic:
    Definitely a glorious double 100, better than any i've seen, especially considering it's importance and impact.
    Yes agree with you on ths
    by far the best overseas inning by any pakistani batsman...

  76. #76
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    Pune Maharashtra
    Runs
    357
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Maybe you also need to remove your blue tinted glasses. Every time i read your posts you are always trying to belittle Pakistan cricket team and its players, while praising Indian cricket team.

    On topic:
    Definitely a glorious double 100, better than any i've seen, especially considering it's importance and impact.
    And i hav no interest in belittling Pakistan Cricket team...I jus come hard on PP Hype machine..

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    1) SRT 146 vs Steyn and Morkel in Cape town 2011
    2) Gambhir's famous hundred in Napier, 2009
    3) Dravid 142, Leeds 2002
    4) Dravid 146*, Oval 2011
    5) Sangakkara 192, Hobart 2007
    6) Sangakkara 203, Wellington 2014
    7) Laxman 92, Durban 2010
    8) Rahane 100 at Lords 2013
    9) Kohli 141 at SR of 80, Adelaide 2014 on a rank-turner

    This should be enough for a start.
    Number 6, 7, 8 and 9 are nowhere near Khan's double. Stop rating that Kohli knock as something iconic, he choked and India lost. At best, it can be compared to Shafiq's hundred during our last tour of Australia and is probably inferior to it.

    Khan's double isn't the best innings an Asian batsman played outside Asia this century, but it is definitely one of the best.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,683
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    And Rahul Dravid's double hundred in Adelaide is ridiculously underrated.

    It came when Australia already had put 556 on board while India were 85/4 and from there coming out and winning a match away from home in Australia takes a lot. He also scored a 72* in 2nd inning.
    Against Australia's 'C' bowling attack. Not that special. However, the Indian bowlers were superb in that match.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    952
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Against Australia's 'C' bowling attack. Not that special. However, the Indian bowlers were superb in that match.
    The guy who thinks that Younis is a 'bonafide' atg is now giving us lectures about batting.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is only one man who can be YK's true successor when it comes to scoring daddy 100s: Fawad Alam.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •