Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China's friendship: deeper than oceans, higher than mountains sweeter than honey" They will never do this.

This all RAW/Mossad/ CIA propoganda, I will trust it when i see it on Xinhua.net

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
    So they are allowed to oppress millions of Muslims fearing a separatist movement that doesn't exist?

I recall your emotional chest-thumping in a thread about some random cartoon contest in the Netherlands. And look at you now, millions of Muslim lives at stake, and all you seem to be doing is defending the oppressor. Pathetic, laanat.
    Our Khan Saab is selective about his battles like his moral compass.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it strange when there are protests in Pakistan against blasphemy contest in far away Netherlands but no outrage about daily struggle of close to million Muslims in nearby China....pretty unbelievable.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonebetterthanPappu View Post
    Isn't it strange when there are protests in Pakistan against blasphemy contest in far away Netherlands but no outrage about daily struggle of close to million Muslims in nearby China....pretty unbelievable.
    Each are bad. No need to denigrate any effort.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    But where is the outrage over suffering of peoples ? Religiously speaking blasphemy contest also big issue but from peoples point of view no one got physically affected there but in China people are suffering physically but hardly any comment from Pakistani politicians or religious leaders.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I agree, but the threat to human life in the case of the Netherlands blasphemy case is less, so they’re not the same thing.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muslim Governments Silent as China Cracks Down on Uighurs

Almost three weeks after a United Nations official cited “credible reports” that the country was holding as many as 1 million Turkic-speaking Uighurs in “re-education” camps, governments in Muslim-majority countries have issued no notable statements on the issue. The silence became more pronounced this week after a bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers urged sanctions against senior Chinese officials.

“We are hopeful that the State Department will seek addition opportunities to condemn these abuses while also undertaking robust diplomatic engagement with like-minded governments to further elevate this human rights crisis in international forums and multilateral institutions,” lawmakers led by Senator Marco Rubio of Florida and Representative Chris Smith of New Jersey wrote Wednesday in a letter to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. They joined European Union officials who have previously expressed concern about the camps in Xinjiang.

By contrast, the leaders of Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan haven’t released public statements on the clampdown. Neither has Saudi Arabia. Even Turkey, which has in the past offered favorable policies to Turkic-speaking groups and hosts a small Uighur population of its own, remained silent as Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan grappled with an economic crisis.

Trade Ties

The split underscores how China’s position as a key trading partner and aid provider to many Muslim-majority nations -- as well as its longstanding policy to avoid commenting on the internal affairs of other countries -- is now paying off.

The silence on Uighurs contrasts with outrage last year when some 700,000 Rohingya Muslims fled clearance operations by the Myanmar military, which the UN has since likened to genocide. One big difference between the two cases: Myanmar’s economy is 180 times smaller than that of China, which is the top trading partner of 20 of the 57 member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

China accounts for about a 10th of Saudi Arabia’s oil exports and roughly a third of Iran’s, according to ship-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. It is Malaysia’s top source of foreign investment. And it has ensured the flow of more than $60 billion in loans for China-Pakistan Economic Corridor infrastructure projects.

Muslim nations “don’t want to damage their relations with China, and consider China a potential ally against the West and the U.S., and therefore they are trying to stay silent,” said Omer Kanat, chairman of the executive committee at the World Uyghur Congress, an overseas Uighur advocacy group.

Dangerous Spillover

To be sure, maintaining trade ties isn’t the only motivator. Some governments are loathe to draw global attention to their own shabby human rights records. Beijing has largely refrained from involving itself in conflicts in the Muslim world.

Those nations “don’t particularly respect human rights themselves, so it’s hard to imagine that they would jump at an opportunity to criticize China,” said David Brophy, Senior Lecturer in Modern Chinese History at the University of Sydney.

Still, it could prove increasingly difficult to maintain their silence, as China’s policies in Xinjiang spill across its borders.

More - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...own-on-uighurs

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't defend China here, they are just as bad as India, Israel and USA.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    They are metaphorical/symbolic.

Even if you live for a billion years, you will not see a nation of pygmy people emerging and creating chaos, just like you won’t see Jesus return, a man named Mahdi emerge to unit the Muslim ummah and the one eyed Dajjal to appear.

Don’t believe in these tales if you don’t want to be disappointed.
    Tales? Have you recited Surah Kahf?

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    I thought the following were mentioned in Sahih Hadith rather than Quran?

- Jesus (PBUH)
    - Mahdi
    - Dajjal
    - Gog and Magog

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4718 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    May God give you a billion years life, so that you can witness the rise of Gog & Magog, Mahdi, Dajjal and the return of Jesus, so that you can remember me for how wrong I was.

The world as we know will end one day. I suspect that an asteroid similar to the one that wiped out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, will hit the earth after millions of years, and that will be the end of humans.

However, don’t expect a blockbuster movie plot to take place before that. I admit that this whole storyline of Mahdi, return of Jesus, Dajjal and Gog & Magog sounds very interesting and exciting, but if you think all of that is literally going to happen, you are setting yourself for disappointment.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omir, who was detained in Karamay, north Xinjiang, described being shackled to a chair, deprived of sleep, and beaten by police in his camp.

He told the BBC:

"They have a chair called the 'tiger.' My ankles were shackled, my hands locked to the chair. I couldn't move. They wouldn't let me sleep. They also hung me up for hours, and they beat me.

"They had thick wooden and rubber batons, whips made from twisted wire, needles to pierce the skin, pliers for pulling out your nails.

"All these tools were displayed on the table in front of me, ready for use at any time. You could hear other people screaming as well."
    Omir added that he was later moved to another internment camp, where he was forced to share a small room with 45 other people. They took turns sleeping because there was so little space, he told the BBC.

He said he ended up in a camp after police accused him of aiding Islamic extremists - an allegation he has denied.

China justifies its surveillance and crackdown in Xinjiang as preventing terrorism, and has repeatedly accused militant Uighurs of starting terrorist attacks across the country since at least the mid-1990s.

Omir's account squares with previous reporting on the camps, such as that by Simon Denyer of The Washington Post published this May. Kayrat Samarkand, another Uighur who had been imprisoned in a re-education camp, also described being strapped in the "tiger chair" and being waterboarded if he disobeyed orders.

The torture in China's camps appears to go beyond the physical. Azat, who had visited someone detained in a camp, described seeing detainees literally forced to sing propaganda songs to get food, and watching people he used to know look like the "lost their memory."

Azat, whose face and voice were obscured for his protection, told the BBC: "It was dinner time. There were at least 1,200 people holding empty plastic bowls in their hands. They had to sing pro-Chinese songs to get food."

https://www.businessinsider.in/What-...w/65633915.cms
    Last edited by noonebetterthanPappu; 2nd September 2018 at 05:54.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's hardly something unique to Pakistanis and/or Muslims so it's unfair to specifically target them for this but people only care about oppression if it suits their internal bias and their agenda. If this was America/Israel/India/Burma etc treating innocent Muslims like this there would be an uproar among certain quarters and rightly so. It's the same as the Saudi/UAE airstrikes in Yemen. And yet these people still have the gall to pretend that they really care about human rights.