Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Manchester United sack Jose Mourinho?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 38.10%
  • No

    12 57.14%
  • Not sure

    1 4.76%
Results 1 to 54 of 54
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,976
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Should Manchester United sack Jose Mourinho?

    Views???

    And remember to vote in poll


    [QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

  2. #2
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,837
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. I'm a United fan and I think give him another season. City were just amazing this season, no shame in coming second only to them.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,890
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would sack him. He is too defensive and cautious to be the Manchster United manager. He throws his players under the bus far too much. He may have success but eventually he will throw his players under the bus and blame everyone else for his failures.

    Manchster United should appoint a coach who has their core strength . Which are attacking football and promoting youth.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    1,756
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sack and get allegri

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,837
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are posting their views but are forgetting to vote. Come on guys!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    1,470
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    No. I'm a United fan and I think give him another season. City were just amazing this season, no shame in coming second only to them.
    The points gap shows the gap in terms of quality.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,837
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The points gap shows the gap in terms of quality.
    True but when you know from december onwards you have no chance of winning the title, it will affect your players motivation.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,607
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d keep him for another season. Tho he needs to play with more flair. His defensive tactics are getting him no where. He himself will know United are very lucky to be 2nd.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,729
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after the failed experiments of Mose and LVG it was actully a great season, people dont like his style but coming 2nd is better than 5/6/7th no matter what the style is.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,969
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please dont, Im loving the way Utd are playing their football.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Klopp the flopp isn't sacked after winning nothing for three years. Why should Mourinho?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,687
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. It's just an overreaction. Every season we're getting better and every season JM is creating a team that he wants. Think this season is not a "make-or-break" but if we're not challenging for the PL then eyebrows will be raised.

    Would like a league/FA cup though, along with a good season in the CL too.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,890
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ MMHS deliberately staying away from this thread ?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,134
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @ MMHS deliberately staying away from this thread ?
    No way MU should sack Mou, he is a legend. MU should keep him for another 15 years at least.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,890
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No way MU should sack Mou, he is a legend. MU should keep him for another 15 years at least.
    Inshallah. Pogba,Martial,and Rashford will become legends under him.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    1,142
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a united fan I think its important to give him another season. City were unbelievable this season. He has next season to show something.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,196
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think he should get sacked, he's a good manager and is improving the team currently. He just needs to bring through younger players more and replace the deadwood in the squad.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,837
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 3rd season is following a similar pattern. Really hope United can come back from this position but it's not looking likely at 3-1 down

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,729
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joses mood has gone and now early defeat, bad signs ahead. I thought I'll give him at least another season but he is so frustrated right now that he wont be able to do the job in this mood.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,918
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have sacked him months back if that is what they wanted. Don't see the point in sacking him now with just two matches in to the season which will create further instability. New manager coming in now won't be able to make much of a difference at all other then he'd probably not look half as miserable as Mourinho I can't think of any top quality replacements being available at this time to replace the self appointed "special one" either. There is no doubt that behind the scenes things are not going well with the likes of Pogba and Sanchez who has been a complete waste of money. It is clear why Wenger let him go.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,562
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said he’d be bad for Manu and so far i’m being proved right.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    They probably will at the end of the season

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,252
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it’s the beginning of the end. Not so much because of the results, but with every club that he has managed there comes a pivotal moment where he seems to lose his marbles and his public statements become increasingly cringeworthy, surreal and ridiculous. He then goes within a few months. We are already seeing some of that - so I give him until Christmas.
    Last edited by James; 20th August 2018 at 02:03.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,020
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Looked very emotional at the end of today's 3 0 defeat.

    Tough and interesting times at Man Utd.



  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    It has only been 3 games so far, it seems every defeat is heavily scrutinised by the media though. The tabloids have painted Jo as some sort of Bollywood Villain.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    29,969
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    It has only been 3 games so far, it seems every defeat is heavily scrutinised by the media though. The tabloids have painted Jo as some sort of Bollywood Villain.
    The UK media have been against him for a while now but at one point they were in awe of him.

    I dont understand what's going on as he was a genuis tactition not so long ago but now seem clueless.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    The UK media have been against him for a while now but at one point they were in awe of him.

    I dont understand what's going on as he was a genuis tactition not so long ago but now seem clueless.
    True, they use to lick his boots but then again he achieved so much at Chelsea. Media over here will switch on you very easily when you're on the ground, but even then the targetting has been creepy.

    It's a different landscape now but I think it's more to do with all the milleage he has accumilated on the clock, just past his peak. Even so, he should be judged over a bigger sample this season despite the awful start.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,622
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,729
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Felt sorry for him today, we played so well in the first half and didnt take the chances and paid for it, but at the back it was again diabolical, seems like Jose does it on purpose to get his point across to the board, same thing happened at Chelsea when he wasnt allowed funds for J.Stones and droped Terry for Zouma. Even with the chuckle bros. he managed to have a solid back line last season and conceded the second fewest goals so its no excuse.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  30. #30
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,622
    Mentioned
    1147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,504
    Mentioned
    4707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The end is near for Mourinho, not just at Man United but as a top-level manager. His stock has fallen considerably since his Inter days, and I don't see any top club gunning for him. There are younger and more relevant options available.

    He is a 2000s era coach who looks misfit today. A stellar career nonetheless, but perhaps he should contemplate coaching a national team now. He clearly needs a break and getting an international job might be the fresh landscape that he needs. It would be quite interesting to see him coach Portugal in Qatar 2022.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,918
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Applauding the fans for nearly a minute afterwards suggests he could be on his way out. This defeat to Spurs could be his last as Man Utd manager. Just doesn't look happy not that he ever did throughout his managerial career. He wants an endless amount of money for new players that the board is not willing to give seeing his record in the transfer market at Utd is rather abysmal. He is an incredibly rude man.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 27th August 2018 at 22:56.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,703
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Said it from the start...he is not the right man for Utd..but nooo, apparently he was their saviour.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    2,136
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The sooner we get rid of him the better. Hopefully today was his last game for us can't stand his pathetic attitude.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,729
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Applauding the fans for nearly a minute afterwards suggests he could be on his way out. This defeat to Spurs could be his last as Man Utd manager. Just doesn't look happy not that he ever did throughout his managerial career. He wants an endless amount of money for new players that the board is not willing to give seeing his record in the transfer market at Utd is rather abysmal. He is an incredibly rude man.
    His record in the transfer market prior to coming here was great, especially at Chelsea, however its a disaster here but there is a feeling in the club that Woodward is pulling the strings, blocking his signings and making his own. Pogba/sanchez/lindelof/Henrikh are all reported to be Woodward signings while Jose only got Lukaku/Matic .


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    37,252
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Earlier in the thread I predicted an exit by Christmas, looks like it will be closer to September now.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,134
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Watching MU suffering like this should have been my biggest pleasure as a life long Liverpool fan - but, I am not, honestly. Like LFC, MU is an institution, a soccer elite built on the emotions of millions - my wildest dream is to see Liverpool winning EPL with MU & Arsenal fighting for next 2 spots and Chelsea, MCity relegated - there is no bigger fun than beating MU at the dead end.

    Managerial issue is a catch 22 situation for MU - neither option looks bright. They have sacked previous both Managers since SAF, and they won't get a bigger name than JM. Zidane comes with lots of romanticism, and I being his greatest fan (have seen at least 75 of his 108 France Caps), but let's be honest - he was destined to be sacked for his La Liga performance, saved by CR & Co. in CL KO stages.

    I think, if MU really going to sack Mou, then replacement shouldn't be another starling name - rather, it should be someone from within, given time enough to rebuild the castle again. Moyes was a poor choice, but LVG & JM were the highest possible name they could have hired and still all 3 were/facing P45. I'll stick with Mou till his contract or at least end of season - otherwise would prefer one of Giggs or Scholes as Manager and deputy with Nevile, Butt & Schmichel in coaching staff (& Van der Saar as Director football). No manager will match the level of SAF, therefore unless expectation is managed, one after another Manager will be getting sacked. For a surprise, last 2 years Mou won 2 Cups and last year finished 2nd to Mansoor's billion, still he is facing sack, therefore something isn't right. Are we confident that Zidane, Simione, Ancellotti, Conte, Rafa or Allegri can bring that free flowing MU and still win, even with unlimited money?

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    69,020
    Mentioned
    1436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    No, not yet. It's too early in the season.

    I'm surprised though at how poor they look defensively and why the Board has not backed Jose in the transfer market.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,890
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should be sacked. His style of play is non existent. He doesn't back youth and hasn't improved any players other than Lingard. Also he doesn't want to manage certain players, he just wants to throw them under the bus.

    Manchester United should try to appoint Jardim or Neiglsmenn. They play attacking football and will back and improve young players.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,729
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite an eye opener for Mourinho haters



    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,134
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He should be sacked. His style of play is non existent. He doesn't back youth and hasn't improved any players other than Lingard. Also he doesn't want to manage certain players, he just wants to throw them under the bus.

    Manchester United should try to appoint Jardim or Neiglsmenn. They play attacking football and will back and improve young players.
    Jardim is a fantastic choice - he is at the right age also. Sir Alex also took charge at around early-mid 40s. Neiglsmenn is too young, he might face the same fate like Villas Boas in a big club. But, Jardim might not leave Monaco - he is doing a fantastic job there with lots of French youth talent and I heard he is well paid by Rybolovleva. At Monaco, there is no tax either and it's one of the best places to live.

    Environment surrounding MU isn't healthy now with too many people sticking nose in first team business. Woodward isn't David Gill and he is given too much power in club issues by the Yanks. Also, the next man (be it ZZ, if he comes) again will be hunted by the "class of '92" from day one. Actually, until one of them is appointed (& fails), MU managers will be scrutinized too much by that brigade. Jardim might dodge the bullet ...

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,890
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Jardim is a fantastic choice - he is at the right age also. Sir Alex also took charge at around early-mid 40s. Neiglsmenn is too young, he might face the same fate like Villas Boas in a big club. But, Jardim might not leave Monaco - he is doing a fantastic job there with lots of French youth talent and I heard he is well paid by Rybolovleva. At Monaco, there is no tax either and it's one of the best places to live.

    Environment surrounding MU isn't healthy now with too many people sticking nose in first team business. Woodward isn't David Gill and he is given too much power in club issues by the Yanks. Also, the next man (be it ZZ, if he comes) again will be hunted by the "class of '92" from day one. Actually, until one of them is appointed (& fails), MU managers will be scrutinized too much by that brigade. Jardim might dodge the bullet ...

    I think Jardim will manage in the premier league. It will just be about which team goes for him 1st. Don't think he will want to have his best players taken from him every year. Also he can't really achieve anymore at Monaco than he has.

    Neiglsmenn is a top coach. He wants to play attacking football and has improved players since he became coach. Hence Bayern Munich wanting to appoint him. AVB had no clear style of play whilst Neiglsmenn does.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,562
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he should be sacked although I suspect that would be his preference so he can get a massive pay out...

    The man is a scam

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Yes he should be sacked although I suspect that would be his preference so he can get a massive pay out...

    The man is a scam
    How is he a scam, he has won titles in more countries then other managers and has 3 EPL titles to his name as well. For all the criticism with regards to being out of his depth he still has a title in this era to and finished 2nd last season, plus I could be wrong but he is the last manager to win an European title with an English club. Moreover he has done a better job then the last two names to have managed United. Expectations are obviously extremely high given how highly he is rated as one of the greatest ever if not the greatest.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  45. #45
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    21,134
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    How is he a scam, he has won titles in more countries then other managers and has 3 EPL titles to his name as well. For all the criticism with regards to being out of his depth he still has a title in this era to and finished 2nd last season, plus I could be wrong but he is the last manager to win an European title with an English club. Moreover he has done a better job then the last two names to have managed United. Expectations are obviously extremely high given how highly he is rated as one of the greatest ever if not the greatest.
    Honours


    Porto[224]
    Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
    Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
    Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
    UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
    UEFA Cup: 2002–03


    Chelsea[224]
    Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
    FA Cup: 2006–07
    Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
    FA Community Shield: 2005


    Internazionale[224]
    Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
    Coppa Italia: 2009–10
    Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
    UEFA Champions League: 2009–10


    Real Madrid[224]
    La Liga: 2011–12
    Copa del Rey: 2010–11
    Supercopa de España: 2012


    Manchester United
    EFL Cup: 2016–17
    FA Community Shield: 2016
    UEFA Europa League: 2016–17


    Individual
    Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 2005[225]
    FIFA World Coach of the Year: 2010[9]
    IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2004,[226] 2005,[226] 2010,[226] 2012[226]
    Premier League Manager of the Season: 2004–05,[224] 2005–06,[224] 2014–15[224]
    Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2004,[224] January 2005,[224] March 2007[224]
    Serie A Manager of the Year: 2008–09,[227] 2009–10[228]
    Albo Panchina d'Oro: 2009–10[229]
    Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2010–11,[230] 2011–12[231]
    UEFA Manager of the Year: 2002–03,[232] 2003–04[232]
    UEFA Team of the Year: 2003,[232] 2004,[232] 2005,[232] 2010[232]
    The 10 Greatest Coaches of the UEFA era[233]
    World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year: 2004,[234] 2005,[234] 2010[234]
    World Soccer Magazine Greatest Manager (Active): 2013
    European Coach of the Year—Alf Ramsey Award: 2010
    BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2005[235]
    La Gazzetta dello Sport Man of the Year: 2010[236]
    International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World: 2010[237]
    Prémio Prestígio Fernando Soromenho: 2012[238]
    Football Extravaganza's League of Legends (2011)[239]
    Globe Soccer Awards Best Coach of the Year: 2012[240]
    Globe Soccer Awards Best Media Attraction in Football: 2012[241]
    Portuguese Coach of the Century: 2015[4]
    PFA Portuguese Manager of the Year: 2017
    LMA Performances of the Week:[A] 2 December 2017 (Arsenal 1–3 Man.Utd),[242] 7 April 2018 (Man.City 2–3 Man.Utd)[243]
    Others
    PRT Order of Prince Henry - Grand Officer BAR.png Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry[244]
    Doctor Honoris causa – for his accomplishments in football from Lisbon Technical University[217]
    Records
    Guinness World Records
    Most Points in a Premier League Season (95)[B][245]
    Most Champions League’s Won at Different Clubs (with Porto and Inter Milan)[245]
    Youngest Manager to Reach 100 Champions League Games (49 years 12 days)[245]
    Most Games Unbeaten at Home in the Premier League (77)[245]
    Longest Football Unbeaten Home Run by a Manager (9 years)[245]


    I should mention that Bus parking Mou's Real scored the highest number of goals in a season, which still is a record in La Liga and before last year, highest goals scored by EPL team in a season was JM's Chelsea, highest points scored also by JM's Chelsea.

    Brilliant tactician, just caught in a wrong job here. And, he didn't help his course by spending too much for average players, whom he thought would fit in his system.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    10,773
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will be sacked if he doesn't produce good results inside the next month.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    10,562
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    How is he a scam, he has won titles in more countries then other managers and has 3 EPL titles to his name as well. For all the criticism with regards to being out of his depth he still has a title in this era to and finished 2nd last season, plus I could be wrong but he is the last manager to win an European title with an English club. Moreover he has done a better job then the last two names to have managed United. Expectations are obviously extremely high given how highly he is rated as one of the greatest ever if not the greatest.
    Expectations are even higher when you get to spend200 million on players..

    He’s a three year wonder at any club before he starts whining, and blaming it on everything except himself until he gets the inevitable sack, and a huge payout.

    Calling him a Scam was an over the top statement to get his fans riled up but I do maintain that he’s losing it with his now extreme outbursts... he’s slowly losing the mantle of the self proclaimed “special one”.

    Across the City is a manager who has firmly put his team at the top of the tree and the king of the city..
    All the heritage and pedigree has been thrown out of the window in just a couple of seasons.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post
    Expectations are even higher when you get to spend200 million on players..

    He’s a three year wonder at any club before he starts whining, and blaming it on everything except himself until he gets the inevitable sack, and a huge payout.

    Calling him a Scam was an over the top statement to get his fans riled up but I do maintain that he’s losing it with his now extreme outbursts... he’s slowly losing the mantle of the self proclaimed “special one”.

    Across the City is a manager who has firmly put his team at the top of the tree and the king of the city..
    All the heritage and pedigree has been thrown out of the window in just a couple of seasons.
    While some of these criticisms are valid, none of them take away from his accomplishments as a manager during his career. It's not easy to replace Alex and he has done a better job then Moyes and that Holland bloke, Liverpool use to have a great heritage to but they haven't won the EPL in like forever.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Honours


    Porto[224]
    Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
    Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
    Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
    UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
    UEFA Cup: 2002–03


    Chelsea[224]
    Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
    FA Cup: 2006–07
    Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15
    FA Community Shield: 2005


    Internazionale[224]
    Serie A: 2008–09, 2009–10
    Coppa Italia: 2009–10
    Supercoppa Italiana: 2008
    UEFA Champions League: 2009–10


    Real Madrid[224]
    La Liga: 2011–12
    Copa del Rey: 2010–11
    Supercopa de España: 2012


    Manchester United
    EFL Cup: 2016–17
    FA Community Shield: 2016
    UEFA Europa League: 2016–17


    Individual
    Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 2005[225]
    FIFA World Coach of the Year: 2010[9]
    IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2004,[226] 2005,[226] 2010,[226] 2012[226]
    Premier League Manager of the Season: 2004–05,[224] 2005–06,[224] 2014–15[224]
    Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2004,[224] January 2005,[224] March 2007[224]
    Serie A Manager of the Year: 2008–09,[227] 2009–10[228]
    Albo Panchina d'Oro: 2009–10[229]
    Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2010–11,[230] 2011–12[231]
    UEFA Manager of the Year: 2002–03,[232] 2003–04[232]
    UEFA Team of the Year: 2003,[232] 2004,[232] 2005,[232] 2010[232]
    The 10 Greatest Coaches of the UEFA era[233]
    World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year: 2004,[234] 2005,[234] 2010[234]
    World Soccer Magazine Greatest Manager (Active): 2013
    European Coach of the Year—Alf Ramsey Award: 2010
    BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2005[235]
    La Gazzetta dello Sport Man of the Year: 2010[236]
    International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World: 2010[237]
    Prémio Prestígio Fernando Soromenho: 2012[238]
    Football Extravaganza's League of Legends (2011)[239]
    Globe Soccer Awards Best Coach of the Year: 2012[240]
    Globe Soccer Awards Best Media Attraction in Football: 2012[241]
    Portuguese Coach of the Century: 2015[4]
    PFA Portuguese Manager of the Year: 2017
    LMA Performances of the Week:[A] 2 December 2017 (Arsenal 1–3 Man.Utd),[242] 7 April 2018 (Man.City 2–3 Man.Utd)[243]
    Others
    PRT Order of Prince Henry - Grand Officer BAR.png Grand Officer of the Order of Prince Henry[244]
    Doctor Honoris causa – for his accomplishments in football from Lisbon Technical University[217]
    Records
    Guinness World Records
    Most Points in a Premier League Season (95)[B][245]
    Most Champions League’s Won at Different Clubs (with Porto and Inter Milan)[245]
    Youngest Manager to Reach 100 Champions League Games (49 years 12 days)[245]
    Most Games Unbeaten at Home in the Premier League (77)[245]
    Longest Football Unbeaten Home Run by a Manager (9 years)[245]


    I should mention that Bus parking Mou's Real scored the highest number of goals in a season, which still is a record in La Liga and before last year, highest goals scored by EPL team in a season was JM's Chelsea, highest points scored also by JM's Chelsea.

    Brilliant tactician, just caught in a wrong job here. And, he didn't help his course by spending too much for average players, whom he thought would fit in his system.
    I agree with the critcisms in general but his resume speaks for itself. And yes spending wise he could have done better but Man U fans and those of other clubs overly criticise him when he essentially was the runner up last season, yes they didn't win but relative to how Man U had been performing prior to him joining the club it was an improvement. His behaviour could improve but don't like the mudslinging from football fans and the media in general who are so obsessed with him it's weird, there's obviously a lot of pressure and managing a big club in the EPL is not an easy task.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    5,918
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will not be sacked, no way or at least not yet! The situation is not as dire as people and the media are suggesting. Although Man Utd have lost two matches the season is still very young with plenty of time to make a recovery. The comfortable win over Burnley today will ease the pressure on Jose as well.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    17,301
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)


  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    14,977
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    While some of these criticisms are valid, none of them take away from his accomplishments as a manager during his career. It's not easy to replace Alex and he has done a better job then Moyes and that Holland bloke, Liverpool use to have a great heritage to but they haven't won the EPL in like forever.
    LOL that holland bloke is an ATG manager.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    25,433
    Mentioned
    4492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistani pride View Post
    LOL that holland bloke is an ATG manager.
    What was his name ?


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  54. #54
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,338
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't think you should sack anyone based on 1 season.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •