Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will Gareth Bale be playing for in 2018-19?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real Madrid

7 46.67%
  • Barcelona

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspur

1 6.67%
  • Manchester United

3 20.00%
  • Manchester City

0 0%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Chelsea

1 6.67%
  • PSG

0 0%
  • Bayern Munich

1 6.67%
  • Juventus

1 6.67%
  • Other

1 6.67%
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gareth Bale thread

That Post-match interview after the CL final made it very clear he wasn't happy at Real Madrid - wants to be playing week in week out and that goal he scored definitely justifies that claim.

However, who will the Welshman be plying his trade for?

Will he return to Tottenham Hotspur? I'm sure Spurs fans are dreaming of the link-up between him and Kane.

Will he go to Manchester United, who he has been linked with a lot?

Will he go to PSG, where he will be able to make lots of money?

Will he join Manchester City, who look to be building a very good team?

Will he join any other team?

Or will he end up staying at Real Madrid?

Vote and discuss!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a United fan but I don't see why he would want to come to us tbh, Mourinho is known to ruin attacking players.

I can't see him staying at Real Madrid either, that interview was revealing. City is an attractive prospect but he wouldn't be guaranteed starter there either. I would love to see him back at Spurs - they are a much improved team in last couple of years but it seems unlikely. I can see him most likely going to PSG or Bayern Munich - two teams who are very good in the league but haven't done much in Europe. My vote went to Bayern Munich but I won't be surprised if he doesn't go there, surely it is going to be one of the transfer sagas of this window.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he doesn't leave Madrid but the signs aren't good.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I'm a United fan but I don't see why he would want to come to us tbh, Mourinho is known to ruin attacking players.

I can't see him staying at Real Madrid either, that interview was revealing. City is an attractive prospect but he wouldn't be guaranteed starter there either. I would love to see him back at Spurs - they are a much improved team in last couple of years but it seems unlikely. I can see him most likely going to PSG or Bayern Munich - two teams who are very good in the league but haven't done much in Europe. My vote went to Bayern Munich but I won't be surprised if he doesn't go there, surely it is going to be one of the transfer sagas of this window.

maybe Jose can accomodate him to a similar role he played Hazard in, when he was at his destructive best.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    538 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't see how United will pay both his (reported) ridiculous 335,000 per week wages and his £120-150m price tag. Especially if that's on a 2-3 year long contract. PSG already have enough forwards and will go way over FFP if they sign Bale, Barcelona will not sign him either. Spurs cannot afford him, there's no way Levi is doing this deal.

City are looking to sign Mahrez, but if that falls through I can see them making a shock move for Bale. Chelsea won't buy him especially when we have Willian and can potentially fund a move for a younger player like Leon Bailey or Martial instead.

Liverpool, Bayern and Juventus are in the same boat as other clubs, where either they cannot afford Bale's pricetag and wages, or already have first team players in that role. Bayern have never been that kind of team who pays for big name signings, they tend to just hoover up the talent in the Bundesliga and work from there, same goes for Juventus.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think he will be at Real Madrid next year. But not sure who he will sign for yet.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now that Zidane has left Real Madrid perhaps he may stay?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, with Zidane gone he's probably going to stay. Would love it if he came back to us but know that's highly unlikely. Can't stand United getting another of our players, considering Alderweireld's most probably going to end up there.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else" - A.E

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering he has already won 3 CL and had an amazing final with RM, if he came and set the EPL on fire that would make a perfect career for him, however its only us and city that maybe able to afford him, Jose is probably regretting buying Sanchez now considering he could have got Bale if he waited, now he needs to sell Martial for £80m+ and bring Bale in for less than £100m otherwise it looks unlikly Woodward would allow it.

If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Zidane's resignation I see Bale remaining at Real. From the interested parties only Man Utd can afford him. They don't seem that keen ether.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's likely to stay at the club for a couple of weeks until they announce a new manager. But its really down to him. United would take him there's no doubt there, so would PSG, Bayern, Man City and Chelsea. But he's like to wait it out for a bit.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal......

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many clubs in the world can pay his salary. Only City, United, Real, Barca and PSG. PSG would have an outside shout if Neymar does actually leave PSG.

United is signing Arnautovic and seems like are unwilling to pay his salary.

Another thing which is possible is he leaves on loan. Maybe to Spurs.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always supported MANU Because of Sir Alex.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roma

Meri Barbaadiyan Durust Magar...
    Too Bata Kya Tujhe Sawaab Mila...

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    The treatment of Gareth Bale by Real Madrid fans is "nothing short of a disgrace", according to his agent.

Sections of the Bernabeu jeered the Wales forward when he was substituted after 61 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Barcelona.

"This generation of Real fans will be talking about Gareth's goals for years to come," said the 29-year-old's representative, Jonathan Barnett.

"They should be ashamed of themselves. Those fans should be kissing his feet."

Bale joined Real from Tottenham in 2013 for £85m and has won four Champions Leagues and one La Liga title with the Spanish club.

He has scored 13 goals in 33 club games this season but, despite being under contract until June 2022, his future at the Bernabeu has been a talking point in recent weeks.

"Gareth deserves the greatest of respect. The way Real fans have treated him is nothing short of a disgrace," Barnett added.

"In the six years he has been in Spain, he has won everything. He's one of the best players in the world.

"Despite what the Spanish press are reporting, he's happy, he speaks reasonable Spanish and there is no problem between him and the rest of the Real players. The people writing these things know nothing about him.

"There has not been one single discussion about Gareth leaving Madrid. He isn't going anywhere this summer.

"Despite what's been reported, he's content, he wants to stay at Real and they want him.

"We're fed up of fake stories that he's leaving."

Real goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was quoted last month as saying Bale has not adapted to the Spanish way of life and snubbed a night out with team-mates.

Full-back Marcelo told Spanish newspaper Marca that Bale does not speak Spanish and only communicates with gestures.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47444043

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't care where he goes just need to get rid of him for once and all. This guy only brings injuries and poor performances.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will be Man U one day.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "very close to leaving" the Spanish club, says boss Zinedine Zidane.

The Wales international, 30, was left out of Real's 3-1 pre-season defeat by Bayern Munich in Houston, USA.

Speaking after the game, Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.

"I have nothing personal against him - but there comes a time where things are done because they must be done."

Bale - who has three years left on his Real contract - has won the Champions League four times since his £85m move to Madrid from Tottenham in 2013 - a world record deal at the time.

He played 42 games for Los Blancos last season, half of those as a substitute, and injury problems have limited the Welshman to 79 La Liga appearances in the past four campaigns.

Bale was booed by home supporters at times last season, though his agent said in March the player was "very happy" and wanted to "play all his career" at the Bernabeu club.

"I have to make decisions. We have to change," Zidane added. "The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation.

"The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will, and it's a good thing for everyone."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49061557

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never rated this guy.

I still canít get over why Real Madrid sold Cristiano Ronaldo.

They lost their diamond whilst searching for gold.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mueez View Post
    Never rated this guy.

I still can’t get over why Real Madrid sold Cristiano Ronaldo.

They lost their diamond whilst searching for gold.
    CR went himself because he was promised a deal to increase his salary up to where Messi is and it was never given. He felt betrayed and left.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gareth Bale's agent has branded Zinedine Zidane a "disgrace" after the Real Madrid manager said the forward was very close to leaving the club.

Bale did not feature in Real's 3-1 International Champions Cup defeat to Bayern Munich in Houston on Saturday night, and Zidane said the Welshman's omission from the squad was because he is on the verge of sealing a departure.

"Bale did not play because he is very close to leaving," explained Zidane. "We hope he leaves soon, it would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team.

"I have nothing personal against him, but there is a time where things are done because they must be done. I have to make decisions, we have to change.

0:27
    Poch: No knowledge of Bale interest
    Mauricio Pochettino says he is aware of speculation linking Gareth Bale with a move away from Real Madrid but does not know if Tottenham will move for him.

Mauricio Pochettino says he is unsure if Daniel Levy is trying to get Bale

"The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation. The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will, and it's a good thing for everyone."

Bale's representative Jonathan Barnett has reacted furiously to Zidane's comments, telling AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace, he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Barnett did confirm Bale is in the process of leaving the Bernabeu, saying: "We are working on it."

Sky Sports News understands the 30-year-old will only leave Real if he feels the move is right for him and his family, who enjoy life in Madrid and are settled in the Spanish capital.

Provisional discussions have been held with interested parties about a transfer this summer, but Sky Sports News understands Bale's camp have not discussed a move to Paris Saint-Germain in a deal that would see Neymar go the other way.

In the build-up to Saturday night's clash with Real, Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara said like any top player, Bale would be welcomed at the Allianz Arena.

1:13
    'Bale will not leave on loan'
    Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett says the Real Madrid forward will not leave the Bernabeu on loan this summer.

Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told Sky Sports News on June 18 that the Real forward would not leave the Bernabeu on loan this summer
    Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he is in the dark over whether Daniel Levy is trying to get Bale.

Speaking to reporters after Spurs' win over Juventus, Pochettino said: "At the moment I don't have any information from my chairman.

"I don't know if we are [in for him] or it's another club.

"I saw in the media but I do not know which club is going to sign him. I do not know if it is us or another club. It is the job of my chairman to build the best possible club."
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...drid-departure

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Manchester United should try to sign him. He'd be ideal in the current United team.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane saying Bale is on the brink of leaving. Wonder whose gonna buy him?

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Zidane clearly wants him to leave desperately. Nobody is going to pay him 600k a week. As long as Real Madrid compromise I could see him going to:

A) PSG as a Neymar replacement. Despite being injury prone, Bale would tear apart Ligue I and has been a big game player for Madrid

B) Manchester United as they have the financial power to pull the deal off and already paying SŠnchez big money, what could they lose...

C) Bayern Munich. Robbery have left so they will need some wingers to add to Coman and Gnabry. This deal would probably be the more unlikely deal as Bayern donít tend to do transfers like this, rather preferring to sign younger players and domestic talent.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saj View Post
    manchester united should try to sign him. He'd be ideal in the current united team.
    no thank you.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has denied showing disrespect to Gareth Bale, and claimed the Wales forward refused to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich on Sunday.

Zidane has said Bale is "very close to leaving" the club and that his exit would be "best for everyone".

Those comments led Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett to complain Zidane had "no respect" for the 30-year-old.

"I haven't shown a lack of respect towards anyone," Zidane said.

"What I said the other day is that the club was working on Bale's exit.

"I've always said the same thing: the players are the most important ones in all of this. Whenever there's a player involved, I'll always back them."

Zidane, who returned last season for a second stint as manager at the Bernabeu, was speaking before his side's pre-season match against Arsenal in the US.

"Gareth didn't come on [against Bayern Munich] because he didn't want to, and he said it was because the club was working on his exit," he said.

Bale has been linked with a number of clubs over the summer, including Premier League sides Manchester United and Tottenham, from whom he joined the Spanish giants in 2013 for a then world record £85m, and also with a move to the Chinese Super League.

Since arriving in Spain, Bale has won the Champions League four times and La Liga once.

Real Madrid forward wants to 'play all his career' at club
    Zidane says Bale will "train as normal" and that the forward could still be under consideration to play against the Gunners on Tuesday.

"The club is doing what it has to and that's all there is to it. Bale is currently part of the squad and I respect that. That's the most important thing for me."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49080786

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much talk and headlines here, bale should be happy and ecstatic - he will recive £20m bonus and huge wages to go to china it its done, that is crazy for someone who is injured all the time and entering his 30s, one huge monstrousness final paycheck is what all dream about.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gareth Bale's representatives are in talks with Chinese side Jiangsu Suning about a deal which could see the Welshman earn £1m a week.

Sky Sports News understands negotiations are progressing and there is still some work to do, but Jiangsu Suning are increasingly confident they can convince Bale to sign.

The 30-year-old has been told he can leave Real Madrid, even though he has three years left on his £600,000-a-week contract.

However, any deal will have to be concluded by Wednesday as that is when the Chinese window closes.

Bale to Jiangsu Suning 'realistic'
    Gareth Bale could move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning, according to former Shanghai SIPG director Mads Davidsen.

On Tuesday, former Shanghai SIPG director Mads Davidsen said Bale could move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning

Another hurdle is that all Chinese clubs have to pay 100 per cent transfer tax on foreign signings, meaning Jiangsu Suning will effectively have to pay double to secure Bale's services.

All proceeds from this transfer tax then goes towards youth development in the country.

Follow the Summer Transfer Window on Sky Sports

Sky Sports News brings you the very latest news from this summer's transfer market with three new shows.

Start your day with Good Morning Transfers at 9am as our team of reporters bring you the latest news and insight. Transfer Talk then follows at midday delivering analysis of the biggest stories. And join us at 7pm for the definitive round up of the day's news with The Transfer Show.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...jiangsu-suning

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we (Real Madrid) get rid of him soon. What a blunder by Perez of letting go CR7 while trusting Bale to do as good if not better. Should have listened to Zidane and let off Bale instead of CR7. The blunder costed us last year and probably this year as well.

Bale has had some good games, but unlike the great Cristiano Ronaldo he doesn't have it in him mentally to be the main star every game.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Pakistan View Post
    Hope we (Real Madrid) get rid of him soon. What a blunder by Perez of letting go CR7 while trusting Bale to do as good if not better. Should have listened to Zidane and let off Bale instead of CR7. The blunder costed us last year and probably this year as well.

Bale has had some good games, but unlike the great Cristiano Ronaldo he doesn't have it in him mentally to be the main star every game.
    Bale has to stay focused on being in injury free then he can be asset for RM as hes already there, if you are looking for a replacement for CR7 then theres no one on the planet who can do that. Its something we learnt at MU after letting him go, you just have to get on with it because you wont find a replacement.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PetroDollars View Post
    Bale has to stay focused on being in injury free then he can be asset for RM as hes already there, if you are looking for a replacement for CR7 then theres no one on the planet who can do that. Its something we learnt at MU after letting him go, you just have to get on with it because you wont find a replacement.
    He has had so many chances, but never availed his chances. He has had physical issues, but also mentally he can't compete every week. A few memorable performances, but a lot of failures.

CR7's exit has even been worse for RM as he used to score 60-70 goals on his own while United had others to do the scoring. Maybe one day Mbappe will fill his shoes, but at the moment RM looks like a mediocre team with a big reputation.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has had so many chances, but never availed his chances. He has had physical issues, but also mentally he can't compete every week. A few memorable performances, but a lot of failures.

CR7's exit has even been worse for RM as he used to score 60-70 goals on his own while United had others to do the scoring. Maybe one day Mbappe will fill his shoes, but at the moment RM looks like a mediocre team with a big reputation.
    Well he took those chances when he won you the CL last time out.

I dont watch Laliga but im sure you can say those things to almost all RM players, maybe with better players around him he will have been different

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he took those chances when he won you the CL last time out.

I dont watch Laliga but im sure you can say those things to almost all RM players, maybe with better players around him he will have been different
    Exactly my point. A few memorable performance and lots of pathetic games costing RM points. People at the top have had enough of him.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we say Real Madrid has become Pakistan cricket team of La Liga?

No matter what Iíll remain a Madridista.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we say Real Madrid has become Pakistan cricket team of La Liga?

No matter what I’ll remain a Madridista.
    So will I but it hurts. Greatest club on earth with so many mediocre players these days.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So will I but it hurts. Greatest club on earth with so many mediocre players these days.
    Is it safe to say Perez should leave Real Madrid?

Iíve had enough of his blunders.

Selling Ronaldo still hurts. Every time I watch RM it feels like it isnít the same without Ronaldo...

How I wish he comes back to La Casa Blanca.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Selling Ronaldo still hurts. Every time I watch RM it feels like it isnít the same without Ronaldo...

Buy him back, 120m euros wil do.

7-3 loss to ath Madrid, that hurts

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

no thank you.
    Petro wants de ligt. I keep telling him juve signed him. You can have rugani of us £35m

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Sky are reporting that Bale's move to China has been called-off.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Sky are reporting that Bale's move to China has been called-off.
    Gareth Bale's move to China is off after Real Madrid cancelled the deal, with the Wales winger now set to stay at the Spanish club.

Bale, 30, had been expected to join Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning on a three-year deal, earning a reported £1m a week.

Last week Real boss Zinedine Zidane said Bale was "very close to leaving" having fallen out of favour.

Zidane added his exit would be "best for everyone".

Bale joined the Spanish club for £85m from Tottenham in 2013 in a world record deal at the time.

He has three years left on his contract with the Bernabeu club where he has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey, three Uefa Super Cups and three Club World Cups.

Bale scored three goals, plus a penalty in a shootout, in four Champions League finals for Real as they won the competition in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

However, injury problems have limited him to 79 La Liga starts in the past four seasons.

He played 42 matches for Real Madrid last season but was booed by the home supporters at times during the campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT

It has been reported Real blocked Bale's move as they are demanding a transfer fee for the player.

Real have also had their attacking options depleted with winger Marco Asensio set to miss the majority of the 2019-20 season after rupturing his knee ligaments.

Zidane's return as Real boss in March was described as "bad news" by the forward's agent, Jonathan Barnett, because the Frenchman did not want to work with Bale and the two men disagreed on playing style.

However, Real president Florentino Perez has often defended the Welshman.

Bale ended last season on the bench as Real endured their poorest domestic campaign in 20 years, with 12 defeats, 68 points and a third-place finish - 19 points behind champions Barcelona. They were also knocked out of the Champions League by Ajax in the last 16.

Bale has reportedly been nicknamed 'The Golfer' by his Real team-mates, and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois said Bale did not attend a team meal because he did not want to miss his bed time.

A pre-season to forget
    Bale, Wales' record goalscorer with 31 goals in 77 caps, was left out of Real's first pre-season game of their US tour, a 3-1 defeat by Bayern Munich on 21 July.

After the game Zidane said: "We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team."

In response to Zidane's comments, Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Bale came off the bench in Real's next game to score as they won on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Arsenal in the International Champions Cup, although Frenchman Zidane insisted "nothing had changed".

He again started on the bench as Real were thrashed 7-3 by Atletico Madrid in New Jersey, but came on for the final 30 minutes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49144872

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Gareth Bale has pulled out of Real Madrid's trip to Munich for a pre-season tournament, following the collapse of his proposed move to China.

It is understood Bale is not in the right mental state to play after Real president Florentino Perez prevented him from joining Jiangsu Suning.

Last week, Real boss Zinedine Zidane said the 30-year-old was "very close to leaving" having fallen out of favour.

The 33-time Spanish champions will play Bale's former club Tottenham on Tuesday in the opening game of the tournament that also includes Bayern Munich and Fenerbahce.

Bale joined the Spanish club for £85m from Tottenham in 2013 in a world record deal at the time.

He has three years left on his contract with the Bernabeu club where he has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey, three Uefa Super Cups and three Club World Cups.

The Welshman scored three goals, plus a penalty in a shootout, in four Champions League finals for Real as they won the competition in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

However, injury problems have limited him to 79 La Liga starts in the past four seasons.

He played 42 matches for Real Madrid last season but was booed by the home supporters at times during the campaign.

It has been reported Real blocked Bale's move as they are demanding a transfer fee for the player.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49156850

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Gareth Bale has pulled out of Real Madrid's trip to Munich for a pre-season tournament, following the collapse of his proposed move to China.

It is understood Bale is not in the right mental state to play after Real president Florentino Perez prevented him from joining Jiangsu Suning.

Last week, Real boss Zinedine Zidane said the 30-year-old was "very close to leaving" having fallen out of favour.

The 33-time Spanish champions will play Bale's former club Tottenham on Tuesday in the opening game of the tournament that also includes Bayern Munich and Fenerbahce.

The Welshman scored three goals, plus a penalty in a shootout, in four Champions League finals for Real as they won the competition in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49156850
    Forget the money and come back to the premier league, his home is tottenham

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    https://sports.yahoo.com/bale-snubbe...0693--sow.html

Madrid (AFP) - Gareth Bale's stand-off with Real Madrid continued on Wednesday after the forward was left out of Zinedine Zidane's squad to face Red Bull Salzburg in a friendly.

Bale has only played in two of Real Madrid's five pre-season games so far, coming on as a substitute against Arsenal and Atletico Madrid, and has now been left out completely for a third fixture in a row.

James Rodriguez and Mariano Diaz, who are both expected to be sold, were also not included for the match in Austria.

Zidane has made clear that Bale is not in his plans as he looks to rejuvenate Real Madrid following their miserable season last term.

The club are keen to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, with Tottenham's Christian Eriksen and Ajax youngster Donny van de Beek potential alternatives.

But Madrid first need to raise funds, after already spending around 300 million euros ($336 million) this summer.

Zidane said last month that Bale being sold would be "best for everyone", while Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett told AFP: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Bale is in no rush to leave the Santiago Bernabeu, where he has a contract until 2022, worth around 18 million euros a year.

He agreed terms with Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning last month but the move was called off after Madrid failed to agree a fee for the 30-year-old.

Bayern Munich retain an interest but any deal would be hugely expensive, making it increasingly likely Bale will remain at Madrid for the start of the La Liga season next weekend.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward recalled for Roma friendly

Gareth Bale has been recalled to the Real Madrid squad for their final pre-season friendly against Roma on Sunday.

He played in two friendlies before missing the Audi Cup in Germany last month, as well as Wednesday's game with Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.

The Wales forward, 30, was reportedly not in the right mental state to play after Real blocked a move to China.

Colombia forward James Rodriguez, who has also been linked with a move, is not part of the 20-man squad in Italy.

Coach Zinedine Zidane said last month that Bale was "very close to leaving" Real having fallen out of favour at the Spanish giants, who begin their La Liga campaign at Celta Vigo next Saturday.

The former Tottenham forward arrived at the Bernabeu for a then world record £85m in 2013 and has three years left on his contract.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49311396

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says he will now "count on" forward Gareth Bale despite previously saying the Wales international could leave.

Bale was expected to join Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning in July.

Zidane said at the time his departure would be a "good thing for everyone" before the Real blocked the move.

New signing Eden Hazard sustained a thigh injury in training on Friday and Bale may now be considered for their La Liga opener at Celta Vigo on Saturday.

"It looked like he was leaving but now he is here and now I'm going to count on him, just like all the other players that are in the squad," said Zidane.

"He has a contract, he's an important player and I hope all the players want to make it difficult for me to pick the team."

As well as Hazard, who is expected to miss three to four weeks, Real are without long-term absentee Marco Asensio and left-back Ferland Mendy, who has a calf problem.

The injuries mean Colombia playmaker James Rodriguez is also in contention to make his first competitive appearance for the club since returning from a two-year loan at Bayern Munich.

"He is in shape and I'm glad to have him," added Zidane.

Bale, 30, joined the Spanish club for £85m from Tottenham in 2013 in what was then a world record deal.

He has three years left on his contract with the Bernabeu club, where he has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey, three Uefa Super Cups and three Club World Cups.

Bale scored three goals, plus a penalty in a shootout, in four Champions League finals for Real as they won the competition in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49369849

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curse will never end.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinedine Zidane said Gareth Bale is "going to stay" at Real Madrid after the Welsh forward set up Karim Benzema's opening goal in a 3-1 victory at Celta Vigo.

Bale was a surprise starter after being linked with a move away from the club this summer, but was involved in Madrid's best moments and Zidane insisted it was always his plan to play Bale in this game.

"He's going to stay and we all have to think of that as a positive thing," manager Zidane said.

"The injury to Eden Hazard was bad luck for us but it didn't change the plans we had for Bale in this game.

"Gareth and everyone else here is going to show this shirt the respect it deserves."

Bale had already tested Celta keeper Ruben Blanco with a rasping shot before delivering a pinpoint cross for Benzema to touch home after 12 minutes.

Celta responded well and thought they had equalised on the stroke of half-time, but Brais Mendez' effort was disallowed for offside by the video assistant referee.

Toni Kroos doubled Real's lead with a sensational 25-yard strike off the underside of the crossbar, before Luka Modric was sent off for a late challenge on former Arsenal loanee Denis Suarez.

Despite going down to 10 men at Estadio Municipal de Balaidos, Real scored a third when Lucas Vazquez finished off a flowing move late on.

Celta's second-half substitute Iker Losada netted a consolation for the home side, beating Thibaut Courtois with a fierce shot in stoppage time.

La Liga champions Barcelona lost their opening league game of the season on Friday, going down 1-0 to Athletic Bilbao.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49382879

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bale has to be the player we know he is - Zidane

Madrid - Zinedine Zidane has challenged Gareth Bale to show why he is still one of the world's best players as he continues his reintegration at Real Madrid.

Bale, 30, was a surprise inclusion in the starting line-up against Celta Vigo last weekend, when Madrid opened with an impressive 3-1 win in La Liga and Bale was arguably man of the match.

Zidane said in July it would be "best for everyone" if Bale left Madrid this summer but the Welshman has been eager to stay and appears to be regaining the confidence of his coach.

"What has changed is that the player is going to stay, nothing more," Zidane said in a press conference on Friday, ahead of Saturday's game at home to Real Valladolid.

"The important thing is the player wants to stay. It's true that a lot was said about him, by me as well, but he is going to stay.

"He is a great player, he has shown that before and he has to show it again. He has to be the player we know that he is."

Bale's start in Vigo came after Eden Hazard sustained a thigh injury in training and it remains to be seen if he can keep his place when the Belgian returns after the international break.

"Bale played well the other day, a great match overall but also his level defensively was very high," said Zidane.

"He worked hard and we have to continue in this way, Gareth, everyone, they are all going to be important."

The transfer window in Spain does not close until September 2 and Zidane was asked about the future of goalkeeper Keylor Navas, as well as Real Madrid's pursuit of Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar.

Barcelona and Madrid are both chasing Neymar but neither have agreed a deal with PSG, who reportedly set Barca a deadline of Friday to present a suitable offer.

"The players I have are the ones that are here. Everything else, anything can happen until September 2. Some can arrive, some can go," Zidane said.

"For that reason I can't wait for September 2 so you won't ask me about this anymore."

Navas has lost out to Thibaut Courtois in the battle for the number one goalkeeper spot and the Costa Rican is believed to be seeking a move before the window closes.

"He has not told me he wants to leave," Zidane said. "I am not contemplating him leaving, not at all. "He is here, he wants to be here and he is working in that way. He has always been professional."

https://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/Int...idane-20190823

Arsenal all the way!! (and Pakistan, of course!)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Gareth Bale was sent off in stoppage time after scoring two goals to rescue a point for Real Madrid against Villarreal in La Liga.

Bale, who seemed set to leave Madrid this summer, was shown both yellow cards in stoppage time after ending his 169-day league scoring drought.

Villarreal had taken an early lead through Gerard Moreno but Bale opened his account on the stroke of half-time.

Moi Gomez put the hosts back in front but Bale hit a late equaliser.

Villarreal started well and were rewarded when Moreno seized on the loose ball after Thibaut Courtois parried Karl Toko Ekambi's low shot.

The visitors grew into the game and equalised on the stroke of half time when Bale scored his first league goal since manager Zinedine Zidane said "it would be best for everyone" if the forward left the club.

Madrid were dominant after the interval and Toni Kroos was denied by a brilliant double save by Andres Fernandez before Karim Benzema's effort was ruled out for offside.

Gomez appeared to have scored a close-range winner against the run of play after Moreno's shot was parried by Courtois, only for Javier Ontiveros to send the ball back across goal for the midfielder to tap in.

But Bale salvaged a point for his side when he cut in on his left to drive the ball past Fernandez before picking up his first booking for an indiscretion in the 92nd minute.

With the clock ticking down, Bale was shown his second yellow for a high boot two minutes after his first.

The Welshman becomes only the second Madrid player, after Cristiano Ronaldo, to score a La Liga double and be sent off in the same match this century.

The result sees Madrid climb to fifth in the La Liga table, while Villarreal move to 16th.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49545706

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid star Gareth Bale says his critics do not know what they are talking about.

Bale, 30, will lead Wales against Azerbaijan in Cardiff on Friday night after a turbulent spell in his career.

But the forward insists he has not been affected by a summer when he almost left Real for China after being marginalised under Zinedine Zidane.

"I don't listen to them (the critics) because they don't really know what they are on about," Bale explained.

"I don't read anything, I don't listen to anyone.

"I know most people don't know the situation, don't understand the situation. What they write means nothing."

Real boss Zidane said in July it would be "best for everyone" if Bale left the Bernabeu, where he has won four Champions League titles since joining from Tottenham in an £85m deal in 2013.

Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, responded by describing the French World Cup winner as "a disgrace" and accused him of showing a lack of respect.

Bale was booed by sections of Real's support last season as the Spanish giants endured a difficult campaign.

The 77-cap star was widely criticised for lacking ambition when the move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning appeared close, while former Wales boss John Toshack - the man who gave Bale his international debut - said he had been wrong not to learn Spanish and attacked him for hiding behind his agent.

"I am a professional, I am paid to play football," Bale said.

"Obviously you go through ups and downs and people like to say whatever they want. At the end of the day I know I keep working hard in training and doing the correct things."

Bale added that the summer of uncertainty had not impacted on him "too much".

"I had a great summer holiday," he added.

"Coming back to pre-season I just kept my head down. I know there was a lot of talk with everybody saying good, bad, whatever they wanted. I just kept my head down, kept working hard in training.

"The things that happened will stay private with the club. If you want answers, maybe you need to ask Real Madrid."

Bale's move to China was called off by Real at the last minute and he has since returned to the first-team picture, starting their three La Liga games so far this season.

He scored twice in last weekend's 2-2 draw with Villarreal, his first goals since he netted against Celta Vigo in March.

But Bale feels he has had at least one tougher spell in his career.

"It's obviously not been great," he said. "But I remember not playing for a year under Harry Redknapp (at Spurs).

"It's not been ideal but I have been here before, I know how to deal with it. It's about keeping the head down and working hard and I think you always get rewarded for the work you put in.

"I had a good pre-season in terms of training - not so much in games - then started the season well. Things in football I know can turn quickly. It's a matter of time always."

Thanks in part to injury problems, Bale has made only 79 La Liga starts in the last four seasons.

But having turned 30 in July, the former Southampton youngster says he is in peak condition.

"I feel good. I feel probably stronger than ever at the moment," he added.

"When you get older you learn from mistakes in the past, doing a bit more prevention work in the gym and keeping yourself fitter.

"I feel in very good shape, hopefully I can stay on top of that and keep playing well."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49590354

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is "angry" and "fed up" at the Spanish giants and wants to leave the club, according to BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Bale had been set to join Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning on a three-year contract in the summer - earning a reported £1m a week - but Real cancelled the deal because they wanted a transfer fee.

In July, Real manager Zinedine Zidane said "we hope he leaves soon", a comment to which Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett replied: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Bale has won four Champions Leagues, one La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and three Uefa Super Cups and Club World Cups during his time at Real, scoring more than 100 goals.

After the collapse of his move to China, the 30-year-old Wales international pulled out of a pre-season game in Munich - understood to be because he was not in the right mental state to play.

He has returned to the Real team this season, scoring twice in seven matches as they have moved to the top of La Liga.

But he was left out of the squad for last week's Champions League game against Club Bruges, before returning to the starting line-up for the 4-2 win against Granada on Saturday.

"Gareth Bale is fed up," said Balague. "He can do this no longer. At a time when he began to stand out, knowing that as he plays matches his fitness would be sharpened, he suddenly had to watch the game against Bruges in the stands. Nobody knows why.

"He is angry, confused. When Zidane returned to the club, he decided he did not want Bale, without anyone having offered a clear reasoning.

"Bale was told that Zidane, with whom he has a professional relationship, had made an unequivocal decision and was preparing for his departure.

"His agent, Jonathan Barnett, set out to find him alternative options, but Bale preferred - ahead of any other possibility - to remain at the club.

"What the Welshman does not quite understand is why the doors were opened, and then they did not let him go. Madrid agreed not to charge a transfer fee to the Chinese side Jiangsu Suning, but ultimately they backed down because they believed that another Chinese team were willing to pay a large amount for James Rodriguez, a rumour that ended up being false.

"Bale has played well in recent weeks - partly because he is angry - in response to the distance and coldness with which the coach treats him, and he has finally rebelled at his situation.

"It is said that he likes golf more than football, and it is true that he does not live the profession with the intensity of others, either on or off the pitch.

"He only asks for minutes to be able to give his best and to be able to offer goals to the team, something they lack.

"Leaving him out of the game against Bruges is difficult to understand, and has been the last straw.

"For the first time since he arrived at Real Madrid in the summer of 2013, the Welshman wants to leave. He feels that it is not fair what is being done with him."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/foot...mpression=true

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Gareth Bale says he is not distracted by continuing speculation over his future at club side Real Madrid.

The 30-year-old is "angry" and "fed up" at the Spanish giants and wants to leave the club, according to BBC Radio 5 Live's Guillem Balague.

Bale says he is focused on Wales amid the latest speculation as he prepares to face Slovakia in Trnava on Thursday.

"I love meeting up with Wales, everyone knows that; I haven't got anything to clear my mind about," he said.

"We have a task at hand to try to qualify and this is a massive game. We want to put ourselves right back in the mix."

Bale had been set to join Chinese Super League side Jiangsu Suning on a three-year contract in the summer - earning a reported £1m a week - but Real cancelled the deal because they wanted a transfer fee.

In July, Real manager Zinedine Zidane said "we hope he leaves soon", a comment to which Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett replied: "Zidane is a disgrace - he shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid."

Bale has returned to the Real team this season, scoring twice in seven matches as they have moved to the top of La Liga.

The forward downplayed the notion that he is "angry" when asked abut his current situation at Real Madrid.

"I think you play with a lot of emotion and anger comes into it of course, but I am just trying to play football, to enjoy it as much as I can and give my best, whether I am here or in Madrid," he said.

"Whenever I step onto the pitch I give 100% to help the team and I will continue to do that."

Wales boss Ryan Giggs believes Bale's situation at Madrid has improved and says his impressive club form can be of benefit to the national side.

"I'm not too sure. I think now, looking from the outside, things have improved," Giggs said.

"The way that he's playing - which is all that footballers want to do, they want to play, they want to get minutes, they want to do well - I've always said he's at a fantastic club.

"Of course, it would have unsettled him because it was apparently very close for him going.

"But things might have changed. Things do change quite quickly in football and now he's playing, he's loved, he's happy, and I expect him to carry on doing what he's doing for Real Madrid.

"If Gareth Bale is at your club and he's training well and he gets the chance to play, he's always going to keep you interested because he can turn a game on its head, he can score goals and he's such an asset.

"So I'm not surprised in that respect. I was surprised with what happened in the summer - I think everyone from the outside thought it was a bit strange, but it seems like everything has gone a bit quiet now.

"I think that's all you ask for - for players to be in good form for their clubs and then take it into the international arena.

"Gareth just scored the winner against Azerbaijan and he's a huge part [of the team]. He's our best player and he's been captain as well recently. He's a big player, obviously, for us."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49994071