Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trigger movement in batting

Hi guys, please share your trigger movement and how it helps you in batting. Thanks

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do forward press, it’s really helpful when playing fuller deliveries. And I have heard someone say it’s better to be on the front foot then back foot 😀

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @aamr85
    Horizontal movement is ok but vertical movement isn’t. Try to be as neutral as possible. There are some potential issues with committing to the front foot.

1)A clever bowler will be able to catch you completely off guard. A few full deliveries followed by a ‘short of a good length’ delivery at the 4th/5th stump line can be very difficult to handle. Especially if he bowls at good pace.

2)There’s good chance you’ll be through the shot early if the bowler suddenly bowls a slower one. It’s hard to adjust to pace variations when you’re on the front foot. And when you can’t adjust, you’ll be giving catching practice to the man at short cover.

3)You’ll be tempted to play shots very often. It’s not a bad thing in limited overs cricket but can be a problem in the longer format.

To answer your question, I have no trigger movement when I bat.