Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 101 of 101
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Who's your top batsman and top bowler of tournament so far? Zahid and Zubair didn't impress me
    TBH, haven't really been following the tournament this year.

    Anyone worth looking out for?

  2. #82
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,447
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    TBH, haven't really been following the tournament this year.

    Anyone worth looking out for?
    Not really watched much tbh but I think there maybe a few good batsman like Faizan, Tariq the centurion and the lad u mentioned. A few leggies look impressive

  3. #83
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    13
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    TBH, haven't really been following the tournament this year.

    Anyone worth looking out for?
    Sikandar Khan. He’s been part of Lahore Qalandars’ set-up since the inaugural edition, travelled to Australia with the squad last year and was a lone warrior in the Qalandars’ batting unit. Whilst on tour, he showed excellent temperament and girt, scoring back-to-back fifties, all while most batsmen, including the likes of Zeeshan Malik and Saif Badar, struggled to enter double figures. Yesterday, he scored 44* (20) and today he managed to scored 47* (35). Personally, I think he is the best batsman Lahore Qalandars have unearthed and developed during their three editions, hope he is able to cement an emerging slot in Lahore’s otherwise fragile middle-order. Unable to find any highlights, but definitely one to look out for.

    Other notable performers who could be on the plane to Australia (purely my assessment) include:

    Ehtisham Sultan
    Salman Irshad
    Antum Tariq
    Mohammad Faizan
    Tariq Nawaz
    Maaz Khan
    Ashir Malik
    Muhammad Sudais
    Inzamam-ul-Haq
    Sajjad Hussain
    Sajjad Hashmi
    Asad Rafique

    Not emerging, but they could add Sohail Akhtar to the travelling squad too, he’s playing for Rawalpindi Qalandars this season.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    This guy is a very clean striker of the ball.

    Excellent bat swing, and a very natural timer.
    Faizan follows it up with 68* today.

    He is such a great timer of the ball. Now and again he forgets that and tries to muscle it. He doesn't need to- he can clear the boundary with ease!

    His teammate Shafqat Ullah also impressed today- very quick wrists.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,447
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mak36 and @Mustafamq what do u think of Ahsan the left arm Chinaman? Just caught 3 deliveries and he looked to have great potential as they are a rare breed.
    Another player is Ali Majid the wrist spinner. Reminded me of kumble but again I didn't see much of him

  6. #86
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    @mak36 and @Mustafamq what do u think of Ahsan the left arm Chinaman? Just caught 3 deliveries and he looked to have great potential as they are a rare breed.
    Another player is Ali Majid the wrist spinner. Reminded me of kumble but again I didn't see much of him
    Who are they playing for? Let me know and I will check the live stream.

    Is it Ahsan Jamil (Baig)? If so I have mentioned him in this thread here. He has played domestic cricket but hasn't played since 2015: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...nner&p=9867820

    Thanks for the update brother.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,447
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Who are they playing for? Let me know and I will check the live stream.

    Is it Ahsan Jamil (Baig)? If so I have mentioned him in this thread here. He has played domestic cricket but hasn't played since 2015: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...nner&p=9867820

    Thanks for the update brother.
    Playing for Lahore right now against pindi. Ahsan Mirza is the name of Chinaman bowler. The one you mentioned maybe a different one.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Playing for Lahore right now against pindi. Ahsan Mirza is the name of Chinaman bowler. The one you mentioned maybe a different one.
    I think it is the same one.

    His full name is Mirza Ahsan Jamil Baig: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/317256.html

    Will watch and let you know.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafamq View Post
    Sikandar Khan. He’s been part of Lahore Qalandars’ set-up since the inaugural edition, travelled to Australia with the squad last year and was a lone warrior in the Qalandars’ batting unit. Whilst on tour, he showed excellent temperament and girt, scoring back-to-back fifties, all while most batsmen, including the likes of Zeeshan Malik and Saif Badar, struggled to enter double figures. Yesterday, he scored 44* (20) and today he managed to scored 47* (35). Personally, I think he is the best batsman Lahore Qalandars have unearthed and developed during their three editions, hope he is able to cement an emerging slot in Lahore’s otherwise fragile middle-order. Unable to find any highlights, but definitely one to look out for.

    Other notable performers who could be on the plane to Australia (purely my assessment) include:

    Ehtisham Sultan
    Salman Irshad
    Antum Tariq
    Mohammad Faizan
    Tariq Nawaz
    Maaz Khan
    Ashir Malik
    Muhammad Sudais
    Inzamam-ul-Haq
    Sajjad Hussain
    Sajjad Hashmi
    Asad Rafique

    Not emerging, but they could add Sohail Akhtar to the travelling squad too, he’s playing for Rawalpindi Qalandars this season.
    Thanks- much appreciated. A couple of thoughts on some of the names you have mentioned:

    I have watched Sikander Khan and if I am honest I was a little disappointed by him in the previous tournaments. He has skill, but I also look at a player's attributes/character etc and I couldn't help but think he batted selfishly at times (maybe nerves/wanting to make a good impression etc). It's good to hear he has improved in that regard this year. Will watch his footage from this year.

    Ehtisham Sultan is someone who should already have played domestic cricket/PSL- he is a great talent but Aaqib Javed makes lots of empty promises.

    Tariq, Faizan, Ashir and Rafique we have already discussed. Will keep an eye out for the others.

    Btw, what are your thoughts on Shafqat Ullah? Plays for the same team as Faizan and has scored two quick fifties.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    I think it is the same one.

    His full name is Mirza Ahsan Jamil Baig: http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan...er/317256.html

    Will watch and let you know.
    @ataullah

    It's the same guy. This makes me so happy!

    His face obviously looks different, but the action is the same. With some difficulty, I have found some old footage. He bowls one delivery at 5:42 which gets hit for six:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uCEcJp4jzg

    His figures today were 4-0-27-4

    @Saj @Abdullah719
    Last edited by mak36; 12th September 2018 at 15:57.

  11. #91
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aqib Javed named the following players as people who impressed him:

    Maaz Khan
    Sajjad (not sure if he was referring to Hussain or Hashmi). @Mustafamq what teams did they play for? Please let me know and I will look at the footage.
    Haider Ali
    Salman Irshad
    Ali Majid
    Ahsan Mirza
    Haris Rauf

    He was also impressed by Mohammad Faizan and Shafqat Ullah

    Rawalpindi's Hammad Uddin looks a good fast bowler.

    Lahori team actually have quite a few impressive players:

    Lahori’s opening batsman Bilal Arshad impressed me, especially with his offside game- Haroon Lorgat (the South African) also liked the look of him.


    Also stand-out innings from Hamza Nazar; he scored a match winning 54* (30) and displayed great timing, clean striking, great wrists, hand-eye co-ordination and most importantly batting sense.

    Lahori’s also have a good keeper in Bilal Ahmed.

    The other player from last year is leg-spinning all-rounder Farzan Raja.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a general note, I am impressed by the batting on show this year- there is a lot more aggression being shown by the batsmen which is a great sign (I imagine the coaches had a word with them.) Also, a lot off them have strong offside game and are decent against the short ball. The other pleasant surprise is how many of them love pace on the ball!

    Bowlers on display have also been good; talent on display this year is probably the strongest overall (both batting and bowling).

    All in all, some of the players chosen are better than some playing domestic cricket; I just hope they get genuine support and training. In an ideal world, LQ would set up an academy.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sajjad Hashmi is KP's bearded opener (batting now). Had watched him earlier but didn't look at his name.

    Taking the attack to Faisalabad in the semi final atm.

  14. #94
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mohammad Amir (right arm opening bowler for KPK) looks good- Shoaib on commentary also mentioned him.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,497
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Faisalabad Qalandars beat KP Qalandars to earn a spot in the finals as Lahore Qalandars player development program resumes.

    A match winning partnership by Shafqat Ullah and Mohammad Faizan helped Faisalabad Qalandars book a place in the final of Player Development Program. Faizan with his third half century in four matches smashed 94 off 61 balls with the help of ten 4s and five 6s. Shafqat Ullah also played a crucial innings and assisted Faizan in the run chase by scoring 62 runs in 52 deliveries with the help of three boundaries and three shots over the fence.

    Earlier, Aitzaz Khan scored 53 runs in 30 balls with the help of one 4 and five 6to help KP Qalandars reach a total of 163. KP Qalandars gave away early wickets and were not able to defend to the total which lost them the chance of being in the finals.

    M. Salman’s three wickets bowling spell proved to be beneficial in restricting KP Qalandars to a total of 163 runs.

    The second semi-final is being played between Kashmir Qalandars and Lahori Qalandars which can be followed live on social media forums of Lahore Qalandars


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  16. #96
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    92,497
    Mentioned
    1682 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Lahori Qalandars beat Kashmir Qalandars to earn a spot in the finals as Lahore Qalandars player development program reaches grand finale.

    A match winning performance by Bilal Irshad of incredible 94 not out with eight 4 and four 6, helped Lahori Qalandars earn the spot in final.
    Bilal’s brilliance helped Lahoris setting up a target of 185 runs for Kashmir Qalandars. Tariq Nawaz with his 67 from 51 ball assisted Bilal in setting up this total. Nawaz crossed his half century mark by hitting five 4 and four 6. Another magical bowling spell by Farzan Raja helped Lahoris defend the run chase. His 3-wicket haul giving away 29 runs proved to be very economical and earned Lahori Qalandars a much-deserved spot in the final.

    On the other hand, Muhammad Zubair from Kashmir Qalandars scored 41 runs in 29 balls with the help of three 4 and two 6. Kashmir Qalandars batting line up suffered due to which they were unable to chase the total and lost the chance of being in the finals.

    The final will be played tomorrow between Faisalabad Qalandars and Lahori Qalandars which can be followed live on social media forums of Lahore Qalandars.

    Name:  IMG-20180913-WA0054.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  84.7 KBName:  IMG-20180913-WA0059.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  92.7 KBName:  IMG-20180913-WA0057.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  88.4 KBName:  IMG-20180913-WA0058.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  81.3 KBName:  IMG-20180913-WA0055.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  85.8 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 13th September 2018 at 18:44.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  17. #97
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,505
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faisalabad's both openers are impressive, specially Faizan. His timing is amazing and is on another level compared to the rest.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Runs
    13
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    On a general note, I am impressed by the batting on show this year- there is a lot more aggression being shown by the batsmen which is a great sign (I imagine the coaches had a word with them.) Also, a lot off them have strong offside game and are decent against the short ball. The other pleasant surprise is how many of them love pace on the ball!

    Bowlers on display have also been good; talent on display this year is probably the strongest overall (both batting and bowling).

    All in all, some of the players chosen are better than some playing domestic cricket; I just hope they get genuine support and training. In an ideal world, LQ would set up an academy.
    Agree with every word you've written. I feel that quality of talent on display has improved significantly over the course of three years, and maybe more should be done to incorporate these players into the domestic set-up. This would allow them to graduate to a higher level and expose them to different playing conditions, different bowling attacks and help improve their game further.

    With the tournament coming to an end today, I am interested to see how the Player Development Programme does in its second phase, in Australia. For the past two years, both developmental squads have struggled to adapt to Australian conditions, resulting in poor, one-sided matches. My squad for the next phase of the PDP would be:

    1. Muhammad Faizan
    2. Sajjad Ali (wk)
    3. Shafqat Ullah
    4. Haider Ali
    5. Sikandar Khan
    6. Ashir Malik
    7. Sohail Akhtar
    8. Maaz Khan
    9. Ali Majid
    10. Ahsan Mirza
    11. Asad Rafique
    12. Salman Irshad
    13. Haris Rauf
    14. Ehtisham Sultan
    15. Mohammad Amir

    7 genuine batsmen, 3 wristspinners, 1 left-arm slow, 4 pacers. Faizan and Sohail Akhtar could provide the extra option with the ball, if need be. I was tempted to add Antum Tariq to the list. He played for the Pardesi Qalandars and scored two fifties, seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and since he's played most of his cricket in Melbourne, could be a valuable addition. As for the pacers, both Irshad and Haris enjoyed successful club cricket stints in Australia following last year's PDP, expectations for them to perform better are only fair. Maaz Khan and Ali Majid could be the difference between the two sides. Both are unconventional legspinners who bowl a major chunk of their overs in the powerplay and are quicker in the air. Maaz especially has a really high ceiling and I would not be surprised if he earns a spot in the Lahore Qalandars squad for the upcoming season. I think this would be the most balanced squad for the Australia tour. Hopeful of a better outing.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,447
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How was Ali Majid today?

  20. #100
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,732
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  4a8cc6e3-fb97-47a1-982f-7c405a10411c.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  210.4 KB

    Name:  29c17252-c096-43eb-bafd-f468f942d07e.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  95.1 KB

    Name:  88ba88cc-d3be-4221-8ec9-72e9535e592b.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  264.2 KB

    Name:  0358394a-e722-4b1c-aeeb-23030f4e5a9a.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  251.0 KB

    Name:  b3d4a899-fe9f-4d31-aed3-d5c8a87eb116.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  90.1 KB

    Name:  be32ca31-08af-4589-9205-2abf89290a5a.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  128.4 KB

    Name:  ebfaae29-eba1-45b0-87ff-79ccd2aa5217.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  261.1 KB

    Name:  f6cbd48a-3a25-42d9-ab93-cfa2c6cde124.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  229.9 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,129
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafamq View Post
    Agree with every word you've written. I feel that quality of talent on display has improved significantly over the course of three years, and maybe more should be done to incorporate these players into the domestic set-up. This would allow them to graduate to a higher level and expose them to different playing conditions, different bowling attacks and help improve their game further.

    With the tournament coming to an end today, I am interested to see how the Player Development Programme does in its second phase, in Australia. For the past two years, both developmental squads have struggled to adapt to Australian conditions, resulting in poor, one-sided matches. My squad for the next phase of the PDP would be:

    1. Muhammad Faizan
    2. Sajjad Ali (wk)
    3. Shafqat Ullah
    4. Haider Ali
    5. Sikandar Khan
    6. Ashir Malik
    7. Sohail Akhtar
    8. Maaz Khan
    9. Ali Majid
    10. Ahsan Mirza
    11. Asad Rafique
    12. Salman Irshad
    13. Haris Rauf
    14. Ehtisham Sultan
    15. Mohammad Amir

    7 genuine batsmen, 3 wristspinners, 1 left-arm slow, 4 pacers. Faizan and Sohail Akhtar could provide the extra option with the ball, if need be. I was tempted to add Antum Tariq to the list. He played for the Pardesi Qalandars and scored two fifties, seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and since he's played most of his cricket in Melbourne, could be a valuable addition. As for the pacers, both Irshad and Haris enjoyed successful club cricket stints in Australia following last year's PDP, expectations for them to perform better are only fair. Maaz Khan and Ali Majid could be the difference between the two sides. Both are unconventional legspinners who bowl a major chunk of their overs in the powerplay and are quicker in the air. Maaz especially has a really high ceiling and I would not be surprised if he earns a spot in the Lahore Qalandars squad for the upcoming season. I think this would be the most balanced squad for the Australia tour. Hopeful of a better outing.
    Agree with your list for the most part.

    Would add Farzan Raja (Legspinning all-rounder) and Bilal Arshad (Opening batsman). Shahzad Ali (middle order batsman) also showed potential but he will most likely miss out.

    I think the squad needs an extra pacer/pace all rounder given it is in Australia (ideally a tall left armer). Left armer Salman Mirza looked okay but he wasn't tall. I didn't really watch the first half of the tournament so there might be better options.

    Coming to the legspinners (thinking long-term):

    Maaz's action reminds me of early Shadab, and will need similar technical work done. He is also over-reliant on his googly and needs to work on his stock ball.

    Ali Majid is an interesting one; his action is a cross between Mushtaq Ahmed and Rashid Khan. There are two observations I would make:

    (i) He needs to bowl a fuller length

    (ii) He is similar to RK in that (i) he has a very quick arm action and (ii) even though he is a wristspinner he actually uses his fingers to spin the ball. Again, his problem at the moment is he needs to develop his legspinner; at the moment he bowls the one which goes straight on and the googly. Unless he develops the legspinner he will struggle to push on.

    Ahsan Jamil has improved his control since I saw him but still sometimes drags his line wide. Again, he needs to bowl his stock ball more often.

    In the short term, I agree re the Australia tour; they may well be the X factor that has been lacking in previous tours.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •