May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Some very worrying insights. Key points for those who don't want to sit through the video:

* Muslims are being lynched on the streets, ghettoised and excluded from many economic activities like leather works, handicrafts, meat trade

* Modi is far worse than Trump because in America the institutions will try to manage him, in India they fall in line with Modi

* Indian school text books have Hitler portrayed as one of the great world leaders

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just the leftist liberal fasctist break india forces scaremongering and trying to stay relevant. Indians must ignore this fake criticism and continue to assert themselves no matter what traitors think.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    This is often a point of confusion for me. On the one hand I don't believe partition based along religion was a good idea, all it does is weaken those minorities left behind. On the other, I have to say Pakistanis at least don't have to live at the mercy of the mobs when the mood turns ugly in India.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Some very worrying insights. Key points for those who don't want to sit through the video:

* Muslims are being lynched on the streets, ghettoised and excluded from many economic activities like leather works, handicrafts, meat trade

* Modi is far worse than Trump because in America the institutions will try to manage him, in India they fall in line with Modi

* Indian school text books have Hitler portrayed as one of the great world leaders
    You're willing to believe that?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Apparently the New York Times did an article on it.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is accurate to call Hitler a great world leader. Great doesn't mean good. e.g Great Bengal Famine.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I was recently out for umrah and I met two Indians there. They said same thing regarding treatment of Muslims ever since Modi came to power. Some harrowing stories and certainly had no love lost for the Indian state

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketCartoons View Post
    It is accurate to call Hitler a great world leader. Great doesn't mean good. e.g Great Bengal Famine.
    Point taken. Back in our days in school, the Nazi episode was completely omitted from our history books.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Point taken. Back in our days in school, the Nazi episode was completely omitted from our history books.
    Indians need to be taught the atrocities their ancestors faced. Instead the likes of arundhati roy are trying to portray the oppressed as the oppressors and keep them under guilt. Imagine south african blacks being told that they are oppressing the white minority south africans.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why would Hitler be shown as a hero when we have close ties with Israel.

Also a moaist sympathizer suddenly thinks India has become violent.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yet in peace index india rankings are declined

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64481568.cms

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by good guy View Post
    yet in peace index india rankings are declined

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/64481568.cms
    According to that report they have moved up four places to 137th.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to that report they have moved up four places to 137th.
    sorry that was mistake you are correct but still it means violence is not increasing in india

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by good guy View Post
    sorry that was mistake you are correct but still it means violence is not increasing in india
    Hindu Muslim relations in India worsening or improving ?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is why I keep saying Indian Muslims need to unite and become politically strong, have strong leaders and fight for their rights and safety. When you are 200 million strong, no right wing extremists should be able to put you down.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Hindu Muslim relations in India worsening or improving ?
    in elite section it is improving
    but in working class is worsening

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt minorities are treated like filth in India. Pakistan is not far behind either in this regard. Only difference is we accept it where as they insist all is good and well in India. Modi is a farishta with his "sab ka saath sab ka vikaas" nonsense. What he means is "Hindutva ka saath BJP ka vikaas".

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    This is why I keep saying Indian Muslims need to unite and become politically strong, have strong leaders and fight for their rights and safety. When you are 200 million strong, no right wing extremists should be able to put you down.
    First of all, the perception that Muslims in India are suffering is completely wrong. Very often isolated incidents are used to generalise things which is not true. India is a large country with 1.2 billion people sir. If people from other religion/s donít cooperate many of us would be struggling, which is not the case. Communal harmony is very much intact. There are some fringe elements that are trying to create problems but people join hands and drive them away. Iíve never faced any discrimination. Shiv Sena is a problem though in Mumbai. But most people donít care about them.

And youíre completely wrong about the Muslims or other minorities being not politically powerful. Minorities are united and are very powerful because they can direct all their votes to a particular candidate or a party. So obviously most parties were interested in getting minorityís votes. And they played so many games to get those. Parties were fighting among themselves to get those minority votes. Vote bank politics. The Ďmajorityí in the country probably felt neglected. And thatís when BJP came to the scene. The Hindu people who were divided based on caste, region and whatever came together and voted for the BJP. Now the minorities are back to earth holding the Ďsecularí placard. Funny situation. It has completed a cycle.

You know absolutely nothing about the situation in India or Indian politics and keep making ill informed statements to mislead the people here.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, they don't seem as hardcore so this is unlikely.

Personally India wouldn't be India without its Muslims. Especially this month - walking to other parts of town to grab a haleem is great!

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    In my opinion, they don't seem as hardcore so this is unlikely.

Personally India wouldn't be India without its Muslims. Especially this month - walking to other parts of town to grab a haleem is great!
    I always go for Bengali muslim cooks, usually from the town of Malda from West Bengal. Our gated community does a background check before allowing them to work, but I know some of them speak the Bangladeshi dialect. Have employed 4 Bengali muslim cooks in the last one year.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    441 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I always go for Bengali muslim cooks, usually from the town of Malda from West Bengal. Our gated community does a background check before allowing them to work, but I know some of them speak the Bangladeshi dialect. Have employed 4 Bengali muslim cooks in the last one year.
    They're from Bangles, you say? Bet they've managed to get their hands on an Aadhar card somewhere along the way. Ridiculous.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    First of all, the perception that Muslims in India are suffering is completely wrong. Very often isolated incidents are used to generalise things which is not true. India is a large country with 1.2 billion people sir. If people from other religion/s don’t cooperate many of us would be struggling, which is not the case. Communal harmony is very much intact. There are some fringe elements that are trying to create problems but people join hands and drive them away. I’ve never faced any discrimination. Shiv Sena is a problem though in Mumbai. But most people don’t care about them.

And you’re completely wrong about the Muslims or other minorities being not politically powerful. Minorities are united and are very powerful because they can direct all their votes to a particular candidate or a party. So obviously most parties were interested in getting minority’s votes. And they played so many games to get those. Parties were fighting among themselves to get those minority votes. Vote bank politics. The ‘majority’ in the country probably felt neglected. And that’s when BJP came to the scene. The Hindu people who were divided based on caste, region and whatever came together and voted for the BJP. Now the minorities are back to earth holding the ‘secular’ placard. Funny situation. It has completed a cycle.

You know absolutely nothing about the situation in India or Indian politics and keep making ill informed statements to mislead the people here.
    To be fair, KKWC is only commenting on the story which is being reported on BBC, and they are taking the view of a well known commentator who lives in India itself. So if there is going to be an accusation of misleading, it can only really be levelled at her - a famous Indian celebrity, or you - an anonymous poster who could be living anywhere.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, KKWC is only commenting on the story which is being reported on BBC, and they are taking the view of a well known commentator who lives in India itself. So if there is going to be an accusation of misleading, it can only really be levelled at her - a famous Indian celebrity, or you - an anonymous poster who could be living anywhere.
    She is definitely misleading people. Most of you guys donít know much about this lady. I do. I donít want to drag her personal life in here. Same is the case with the Ďactivistsí at JNU. This is a public forum. So there are certain limitations. AND, there are famous Indian celebrities who are saying the opposite. Why donít you listen to them.

And no, your friend KKWC has been passing judgements on India and Indian society for some time now . Iíve noticed his comments on various topics involving India.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    She is definitely misleading people. Most of you guys don’t know much about this lady. I do. I don’t want to drag her personal life in here. Same is the case with the ‘activists’ at JNU. This is a public forum. So there are certain limitations. AND, there are famous Indian celebrities who are saying the opposite. Why don’t you listen to them.

And no, your friend KKWC has been passing judgements on India and Indian society for some time now . I’ve noticed his comments on various topics involving India.
    Still just amounts to a lot of 'he says, she says' from anonymous posters on a forum. Only people with any substance here are BBC and Roy, and that's why we take her more seriously than the rest. At least we know she lives in India, you still haven't even confirmed that.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still just amounts to a lot of 'he says, she says' from anonymous posters on a forum. Only people with any substance here are BBC and Roy, and that's why we take her more seriously than the rest. At least we know she lives in India, you still haven't even confirmed that.
    I canít force my views on you kaptan sir. I donít want to talk much about that Roy lady either.

Iíve had my struggles. And I owe a lot to my country and its people. I admit, Iím not a religious guy. But people know my religion from my name. Iíve never faced any discrimination. You guys talk as if Muslims get beaten up in every corner of India every minute. Thatís nonsense.

Yes Iím an irrelevant anonymous poster. But thatís not important. Itís the points I make that are important. If you canít counter those with any facts, your words are... well... irrelevant!

Some of you guys talk as if you know more about India than we do! I was only pointing that out.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I can’t force my views on you kaptan sir. I don’t want to talk much about that Roy lady either.

I’ve had my struggles. And I owe a lot to my country and its people. I admit, I’m not a religious guy. But people know my religion from my name. I’ve never faced any discrimination. You guys talk as if Muslims get beaten up in every corner of India every minute. That’s nonsense.

Yes I’m an irrelevant anonymous poster. But that’s not important. It’s the points I make that are important. If you can’t counter those with any facts, your words are... well... irrelevant!

Some of you guys talk as if you know more about India than we do! I was only pointing that out.
    I'm taking it you don't live in India then. That's fine, many of us live outside Pakistan and India, doesn't mean our views are irrelevant, it's just common sense that those on the ground will have a better idea than us.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm taking it you don't live in India then. That's fine, many of us live outside Pakistan and India, doesn't mean our views are irrelevant, it's just common sense that those on the ground will have a better idea than us.
    No man I’m in Mumbai.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t believe me or her. Come to India and see for yourself .

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all, the perception that Muslims in India are suffering is completely wrong. Very often isolated incidents are used to generalise things which is not true. India is a large country with 1.2 billion people sir. If people from other religion/s don’t cooperate many of us would be struggling, which is not the case. Communal harmony is very much intact. There are some fringe elements that are trying to create problems but people join hands and drive them away. I’ve never faced any discrimination. Shiv Sena is a problem though in Mumbai. But most people don’t care about them.

And you’re completely wrong about the Muslims or other minorities being not politically powerful. Minorities are united and are very powerful because they can direct all their votes to a particular candidate or a party. So obviously most parties were interested in getting minority’s votes. And they played so many games to get those. Parties were fighting among themselves to get those minority votes. Vote bank politics. The ‘majority’ in the country probably felt neglected. And that’s when BJP came to the scene. The Hindu people who were divided based on caste, region and whatever came together and voted for the BJP. Now the minorities are back to earth holding the ‘secular’ placard. Funny situation. It has completed a cycle.

It's not something I made it up, it has been reported in many media outlets. Just because the population is 1.2 billion doesn't mean thousands who have faced violence should be ignored and millions faced discrimination

Can you name me Muslim orginations and names of leaders which have stood up to the BJP regarding their anti Muslim statements?

It seems you are in denial like many other Muslims in India. No wonder the BJP got into power.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not something I made it up, it has been reported in many media outlets. Just because the population is 1.2 billion doesn't mean thousands who have faced violence should be ignored and millions faced discrimination

Can you name me Muslim orginations and names of leaders which have stood up to the BJP regarding their anti Muslim statements?

It seems you are in denial like many other Muslims in India. No wonder the BJP got into power.
    This will take some explanation. Kindly read patiently.

Violence is not uncommon in India. It’s not a developed country. More people get hurt here because of fights between political parties than due to violence associated with communalism. That tells you something.

There are Muslim organisations and parties that protect the rights and interests of Muslims. The Indian Union Muslim League is a strong regional party with a long history. They have some very good leaders too. There are several other parties too like the NC but many have hidden agendas and can’t be supported. When compared to these regional players, the Congress party is much stronger. They have some prominent leaders like Salman Khurshid. Most of the minority votes are still in Congress’s pocket. Then there’s the Muslim Personal Law Board and other organisations.

Some of the parties have a religion in their name and claim to be secular. But they can’t accept the BJP.

I don’t know what ‘denial’ you’re talking about. I’ll share my view on the BJP and the current Government. The BJP is not anti Muslim. It’s pro-Hindu. Most of the members and the people who vote for them are Hindus. Pro Hindu doesn’t mean anti Muslim. It’s the Hindus who voted for them when the minorities didn’t. Do remember that the majority of the population of India are Hindus and a Pro Hindu party forming a Government is not an undesirable result as long as it doesnt affect the governance and bother the others. The central Government is doing a great job of building our economy, which will benefit all the citizens. Policies focused on development is the need of the hour and that’s what they’re doing. Congress ruled the country for a very long period and corruption was rampant everywhere. The current Government has to deal with some of the garbage left by them. You might have heard about the bank scams. Then the shell companies that exist only on paper, used for things like money laundering. India is trying to give a boost to local manufacturing. Under the Make in India scheme foreign companies that sell their products in India are setting up manufacturing/assembly units in India. Almost all the phones now come with ‘Made in India’ tag including that of Xiaomi. China isn’t the only country that can manufacture electronics. We can too :). The primary motive however, is job creation. Some of the schemes introduced for NRIs benefit Muslims more than others as they’re primarily focused on Gulf countries. The confidence of foreign investors in the Indian economy has really increased. Moody’s rating upgrade and comments by the IMF and the World Bank are only indicating the same. I can go on and on but I hope this is enough to make you understand why people like me support this Government. And we’re yet to face any kind of discrimination or violence you talk about.

Although some of their regional leaders are stupids, the BJP central leadership is very strong and almost all the leaders are exceptionally good. They deserve to be in power at the centre.

This violence against Muslims thing is blown out of proportion to create a feeling of fear. Yes, there are fringe elements that need to be kept at bay. But the situation isn’t as bad as you portray it. Most of us are happy with our lives here bro :) .

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Violence is not uncommon in India. Itís not a developed country. More people get hurt here because of fights between political parties than due to violence associated with communalism. That tells you something.

There are Muslim organisations and parties that protect the rights and interests of Muslims. The Indian Union Muslim League is a strong regional party with a long history. They have some very good leaders too. There are several other parties too like the NC but many have hidden agendas and canít be supported. When compared to these regional players, the Congress party is much stronger. They have some prominent leaders like Salman Khurshid. Most of the minority votes are still in Congressís pocket. Then thereís the Muslim Personal Law Board and other organisations.

Some of the parties have a religion in their name and claim to be secular. But they canít accept the BJP.

I donít know what Ďdenialí youíre talking about. Iíll share my view on the BJP and the current Government. The BJP is not anti Muslim. Itís pro-Hindu. Most of the members and the people who vote for them are Hindus. Pro Hindu doesnít mean anti Muslim. Itís the Hindus who voted for them when the minorities didnít. Do remember that the majority of the population of India are Hindus and a Pro Hindu party forming a Government is not an undesirable result as long as it doesnt affect the governance and bother the others. The central Government is doing a great job of building our economy, which will benefit all the citizens. Policies focused on development is the need of the hour and thatís what theyíre doing. Congress ruled the country for a very long period and corruption was rampant everywhere. The current Government has to deal with some of the garbage left by them. You might have heard about the bank scams. Then the shell companies that exist only on paper, used for things like money laundering. India is trying to give a boost to local manufacturing. Under the Make in India scheme foreign companies that sell their products in India are setting up manufacturing/assembly units in India. Almost all the phones now come with ĎMade in Indiaí tag including that of Xiaomi. China isnít the only country that can manufacture electronics. We can too . The primary motive however, is job creation. Some of the schemes introduced for NRIs benefit Muslims more than others as theyíre primarily focused on Gulf countries. The confidence of foreign investors in the Indian economy has really increased. Moodyís rating upgrade and comments by the IMF and the World Bank are only indicating the same. I can go on and on but I hope this is enough to make you understand why people like me support this Government. And weíre yet to face any kind of discrimination or violence you talk about.

Although some of their regional leaders are stupids, the BJP central leadership is very strong and almost all the leaders are exceptionally good. They deserve to be in power at the centre.

This violence against Muslims thing is blown out of proportion to create a feeling of fear. Yes, there are fringe elements that need to be kept at bay. But the situation isnít as bad as you portray it. Most of us are happy with our lives here bro .
    Potw....very well put it..
    ..you know brother there were riots recently in sikkim state in shillong . Have you heard about it ? Luckily no loss of life there

.but all i saw on social media was that under hindutva ,sikhs community living in shilling city in punjabi colony are getting killed and all their gurudwaras and all got burnt.
    But when our punjab govt c.m and all the akal takth ,their main governing body of sikhs in world ,and members of delhi gurudwara committe visited on ground and other media also visited and then only got to know the reality.they talked to the local. And there were no gurudwara burnt or no loss of life was recorded.
    It was a riot between khasi tribals local community who are christians and sikhs punjabi community for peace of land.
    And tgere was no loss of life because army and police was deployed tgere at time and all settled down ,though 2-3 vehicles and one or two shops were burnt.
    But whole social media and hardlines had started to potray hindus killing minority there.
    Social media is a dangerous thing especially for a diverse country like india. I am all for freedom of speech though but still some things need to be monitored cautiously.
    Last edited by akki; 7th June 2018 at 21:43.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Violence is not uncommon in India. It’s not a developed country. More people get hurt here because of fights between political parties than due to violence associated with communalism. That tells you something.

There are Muslim organisations and parties that protect the rights and interests of Muslims. The Indian Union Muslim League is a strong regional party with a long history. They have some very good leaders too. There are several other parties too like the NC but many have hidden agendas and can’t be supported. When compared to these regional players, the Congress party is much stronger. They have some prominent leaders like Salman Khurshid. Most of the minority votes are still in Congress’s pocket. Then there’s the Muslim Personal Law Board and other organisations.

Some of the parties have a religion in their name and claim to be secular. But they can’t accept the BJP.

I don’t know what ‘denial’ you’re talking about. I’ll share my view on the BJP and the current Government. The BJP is not anti Muslim. It’s pro-Hindu. Most of the members and the people who vote for them are Hindus. Pro Hindu doesn’t mean anti Muslim. It’s the Hindus who voted for them when the minorities didn’t. Do remember that the majority of the population of India are Hindus and a Pro Hindu party forming a Government is not an undesirable result as long as it doesnt affect the governance and bother the others. The central Government is doing a great job of building our economy, which will benefit all the citizens. Policies focused on development is the need of the hour and that’s what they’re doing. Congress ruled the country for a very long period and corruption was rampant everywhere. The current Government has to deal with some of the garbage left by them. You might have heard about the bank scams. Then the shell companies that exist only on paper, used for things like money laundering. India is trying to give a boost to local manufacturing. Under the Make in India scheme foreign companies that sell their products in India are setting up manufacturing/assembly units in India. Almost all the phones now come with ‘Made in India’ tag including that of Xiaomi. China isn’t the only country that can manufacture electronics. We can too . The primary motive however, is job creation. Some of the schemes introduced for NRIs benefit Muslims more than others as they’re primarily focused on Gulf countries. The confidence of foreign investors in the Indian economy has really increased. Moody’s rating upgrade and comments by the IMF and the World Bank are only indicating the same. I can go on and on but I hope this is enough to make you understand why people like me support this Government. And we’re yet to face any kind of discrimination or violence you talk about.

This violence against Muslims thing is blown out of proportion to create a feeling of fear. Yes, there are fringe elements that need to be kept at bay. But the situation isn’t as bad as you portray it. Most of us are happy with our lives here bro .
    Thanks for the detailed post, very good read.

It's not something I portray but what I've seen in the news and statements by BJP politicians. You say the BJP is not anti-Muslim. Yet we have BJP leaders and their affiliates in groups such as the RSS, Shiv Sena making anti-Muslim comments. Forget the economy, as a Muslim how do you justify support for the BJP when their officials make such comments?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    Potw....very well put it..
    ..you know brother there were riots recently in sikkim state in shillong . Have you heard about it ? Luckily no loss of life there

.but all i saw on social media was that under hindutva ,sikhs community living in shilling city in punjabi colony are getting killed and all their gurudwaras and all got burnt.
    But when our punjab govt c.m and all the akal takth ,their main governing body of sikhs in world ,and members of delhi gurudwara committe visited on ground and other media also visited and then only got to know the reality.they talked to the local. And there were no gurudwara burnt or no loss of life was recorded.
    It was a riot between khasi tribals local community who are christians and sikhs punjabi community for peace of land.
    And tgere was no loss of life because army and police was deployed tgere at time and all settled down ,though 2-3 vehicles and one or two shops were burnt.
    But whole social media and hardlines had started to potray hindus killing minority there.
    Social media is a dangerous thing especially for a diverse country like india. I am all for freedom of speech though but still some things need to be monitored cautiously.
    No man I didn’t hear that news. Will have to Google it. But such misrepresentation and communal colouring is common these days because some parties are so desperate.

Captain Amarinder Singh is a very good leader though. That’s why he won in Punjab despite being a Congress candidate. He’s against the Khalistanis too.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the detailed post, very good read.

It's not something I portray but what I've seen in the news and statements by BJP politicians. You say the BJP is not anti-Muslim. Yet we have BJP leaders and their affiliates in groups such as the RSS, Shiv Sena making anti-Muslim comments. Forget the economy, as a Muslim how do you justify support for the BJP when their officials make such comments?
    I’m not going to justify any unacceptable act done by anybody. There are quite a few people with issues in the BJP and they’re unable to kick these people out sometimes. The reason for this is evident when we look at the history of the BJP. BJP as a party had no strength whatsoever. It was like a patient on life support. The life support here is the RSS and some of the other organisations. The RSS is a very big organisation having these ‘shakhas’ everywhere. BJP had absolutely no base. Many of the leaders it has come from RSS and similar organisations. There are many bad elements in those organisations and they sometimes make their way into the BJP. For a long period it was the political wing of the RSS. Now that they’re in power, we’re seeing some organic growth. People having no affiliation with organisations like the RSS are coming in. That’s exactly what we want. We want them to be independent.

Instead of using this opportunity, a large section of the minorities are turning their face against it. In my opinion, religious leaders should always take an ‘equidistant’ policy. BJP has an image issue. From what I have noticed, they’re very willing to get people from other religions in. Currently they don’t have many Muslim leaders. Some Christian people are using this opportunity very well. Why shouldn’t we do the same? If you’re a man from a minority community having a liberal stand, joining the BJP is the best bet to be heard and noticed. Instead of being proactive, the minorities remain confused. The bottom line here is that votes are important for all parties. If there are leaders representing Muslims in the party or as their ally, the lunatics would think twice before talking nonsense.

Now, when an outsider looks at the situation, most of the political parties are against them and the opposition has a long list of parties. Why? When Congress rules, all these small and regional parties join them as allies and get the opportunity to loot the public. BJP is a single entity and all these other parties are basically ‘jobless’ and ‘penniless’ because of them. Hence they just blindly oppose everything and try to spread fear. Before the BJP came into power, we were told that they will bring back the POTA and put all Muslims in jail. Nothing of that sort happened.

The reason why I support their Government is because of the good leaders at the core they have. They have the right intentions. Isolated communal issues will always be there when people belonging to different religions live in densely populated areas. In the west they take it to the courts. Here, some people try to take it to the streets. That’s the difference. The only true solution to this is development. Development on all fronts. That’s why I focused on that in my previous post.

The Shiv Sena is now against the BJP. It seems demonetisation completely took them by surprise. Mumbai is (or was) the capital of black money in India . Shiv Sena is losing its grip. The ‘extreme’ stands taken by its leaders are no longer popular. TDP has withdrawn support for the Government because their demand for special status was not accepted.

It’s the fusion of all cultures and religions that makes India such a diverse country. It has influenced everything, right from the foods we eat to the culture we follow. Most of us are aware of this and communal harmony is safe in our hands.

Although many people don’t like him here, what we actually need is leaders like Arun Jaitley. He’s a great leader, a gentleman and doesn’t represent organisations like the RSS. Here’s a short non-political interview with him which discusses many of the issues that are often discussed on PP.

India jumped 30 places in the ‘ease of doing business index’ a short while after this interview.

Sorry for another long post.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t know what ‘denial’ you’re talking about. I’ll share my view on the BJP and the current Government. The BJP is not anti Muslim. It’s pro-Hindu. Most of the members and the people who vote for them are Hindus. Pro Hindu doesn’t mean anti Muslim. It’s the Hindus who voted for them when the minorities didn’t.
    Do remember that the majority of the population of India are Hindus and a Pro Hindu party forming a Government is not an undesirable result as long as it doesnt affect the governance and bother the others. The central Government is doing a great job of building our economy, which will benefit all the citizens. Policies focused on development is the need of the hour and that’s what they’re doing. Congress ruled the country for a very long period and corruption was rampant everywhere. The current Government has to deal with some of the garbage left by them. You might have heard about the bank scams. Then the shell companies that exist only on paper, used for things like money laundering. India is trying to give a boost to local manufacturing. Under the Make in India scheme foreign companies that sell their products in India are setting up manufacturing/assembly units in India. Almost all the phones now come with ‘Made in India’ tag including that of Xiaomi. China isn’t the only country that can manufacture electronics. We can too . The primary motive however, is job creation. Some of the schemes introduced for NRIs benefit Muslims more than others as they’re primarily focused on Gulf countries. The confidence of foreign investors in the Indian economy has really increased. Moody’s rating upgrade and comments by the IMF and the World Bank are only indicating the same. I can go on and on but I hope this is enough to make you understand why people like me support this Government. And we’re yet to face any kind of discrimination or violence you talk about.

This violence against Muslims thing is blown out of proportion to create a feeling of fear. Yes, there are fringe elements that need to be kept at bay. But the situation isn’t as bad as you portray it. Most of us are happy with our lives here bro .

Why do you need a party to be pro-Hindu in India? Isn't it a secular state?

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you need a party to be pro-Hindu in India? Isn't it a secular state?
    India is not just a secular country but a democracy too, where the opinion of the majority matters. I explained the circumstances under which the BJP gained strength and how the Hindus came together and voted for them. But that doesn’t mean they’re bad. They’re actually doing a good job at the centre. That was my point.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    India is not just a secular country but a democracy too, where the opinion of the majority matters. I explained the circumstances under which the BJP gained strength and how the Hindus came together and voted for them. But that doesn’t mean they’re bad. They’re actually doing a good job at the centre. That was my point.
    But the BJP used emotive issues like Babri Masjid and love jihad to appeal to the majority, if that is being pro-Hindu, isn't it going to have a negative consequence on the minorities? To call it a pro-Hindu party is only half the story I would suggest, you would only need a pro-Hindu party if there was a sentiment that there was a dissatisfaction with the status quo.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But the BJP used emotive issues like Babri Masjid and love jihad to appeal to the majority, if that is being pro-Hindu, isn't it going to have a negative consequence on the minorities? To call it a pro-Hindu party is only half the story I would suggest, you would only need a pro-Hindu party if there was a sentiment that there was a dissatisfaction with the status quo.
    My friend makes an excellent point. being pro hindu doesnt mean anti anything. Just like being pro feminist doesn't mean anti men.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They used the Ayodhya issue to bring the Hindus in UP together. UP is an important state and parties like SP used caste politics to keep the Hindus divided. But I believe itís the Modi factor that gives them the advantage. None of the other parties have a leader like him. His vision for the country is what brings people together. Love jihad is a different issue. Thereís actually some truth to it although it is not as widespread as the BJP says it is.

I think there was dissatisfaction. The primary issue was definitely corruption. But the majority of the population, which is the Hindus were not satisfied with the way things were going.

The Hindus are not an organised lot. Many of them are not very religious and thereís no central power that tells them what to do and what not to do. This made it easy to introduce caste politics. The Dalits and other backward castes were used for votes. The Muslims and Christians are actually well organised. The words of the leaders are followed by everyone.

The BJP brought the unorganised Hindus together. At the local level they say things that unite their voters. But what they do when theyíre in power is more important isnít it? A government cannot represent a particular community. What the congress played was appeasement politics. That never benefited anyone. The thing with development is that it benefits everyone.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    My friend makes an excellent point. being pro hindu doesnt mean anti anything. Just like being pro feminist doesn't mean anti men.
    Pro-feminists don't end up lynching men at the drop of a misguided tweet or facebook post. Or at least they don't yet. In any case, it seems our friend Mr Q is actually a fan of Muslim and Christian organisations and BJP foundations are laid along similar lines. Now I wish even more that we Pakistanis had remained part of India so we could have provided more inspiration for BJP to progress and modernise our Hindu brothers.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pro-feminists don't end up lynching men at the drop of a misguided tweet or facebook post. Or at least they don't yet. In any case, it seems our friend Mr Q is actually a fan of Muslim and Christian organisations and BJP foundations are laid along similar lines. Now I wish even more that we Pakistanis had remained part of India so we could have provided more inspiration for BJP to progress and modernise our Hindu brothers.
    There are extremists and misguided in every ideology and religion, but only a very tiny minority. Doesn't mean the entire ideology or religion is to be blamed. So why blame BJP for the actions of a tiny few when majority BJP hindus are peaceful.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There are extremists and misguided in every ideology and religion, but only a very tiny minority. Doesn't mean the entire ideology or religion is to be blamed. So why blame BJP for the actions of a tiny few when majority BJP hindus are peaceful.
    Where is this majority? I have never heard them condemn killing of minority by the right wing hard line hindu extremists.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you give examples like figures ?how many lynching has been done ? How many people have been died in last 4 -5 years under modi rule??? Its not even in hundreds trust me and we have 125 crore populated country.
    Muslims are much secure and less discriminated in india than anywhere in the world.
    Whatever figure you many brimg i will bring you at least two times more hindus killed by minority. Trust me.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Where is this majority? I have never heard them condemn killing of minority by the right wing hard line hindu extremists.
    Majority is busy in their every day work. Lack of condemnation doesnt mean support. I don't say RIP in many threads, doesn't mean I am rejoicing.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Majority is busy in their every day work. Lack of condemnation doesnt mean support. I don't say RIP in many threads, doesn't mean I am rejoicing.
    Make sense. As long as it is minority it does not affect them, but they always have time to condemn Pakistani hindu migrating out of Pakistan. I guess that must be done on tea break?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make sense. As long as it is minority it does not affect them, but they always have time to condemn Pakistani hindu migrating out of Pakistan. I guess that must be done on tea break?
    Give me a list of those who condemned hindus migrating from pakistan and didn't condemn any minority indian being lynched. Otherwise you are a liar or ignorant.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Give me a list of those who condemned hindus migrating from pakistan and didn't condemn any minority indian being lynched. Otherwise you are a liar or ignorant.
    I'l make a list while you hold your breath under water waiting for the list. RSS members are probably in millions and BJP supporters are in almost billion.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'l make a list while you hold your breath under water waiting for the list. RSS members are probably in millions and BJP supporters are in almost billion.
    So it won't be difficult for you to give the list ( just 10 would suffice). Go on make my day.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So it won't be difficult for you to give the list ( just 10 would suffice). Go on make my day.
    Want to give you heads up, i am a slow writer, are you holding your breath under water?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Want to give you heads up, i am a slow writer, are you holding your breath under water?
    Knew it. You will not be able to back up your lies and false equivalences. Your lies may run sprints, but truth runs marathons.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Knew it. You will not be able to back up your lies and false equivalences. Your lies may run sprints, but truth runs marathons.
    I guess, you aren't holding your breath under the water

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the list?

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Where's the list?
    Are you holding your breath under water?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’m not going to justify any unacceptable act done by anybody. There are quite a few people with issues in the BJP and they’re unable to kick these people out sometimes. The reason for this is evident when we look at the history of the BJP. BJP as a party had no strength whatsoever. It was like a patient on life support. The life support here is the RSS and some of the other organisations. The RSS is a very big organisation having these ‘shakhas’ everywhere. BJP had absolutely no base. Many of the leaders it has come from RSS and similar organisations. There are many bad elements in those organisations and they sometimes make their way into the BJP. For a long period it was the political wing of the RSS. Now that they’re in power, we’re seeing some organic growth. People having no affiliation with organisations like the RSS are coming in. That’s exactly what we want. We want them to be independent.

Instead of using this opportunity, a large section of the minorities are turning their face against it. In my opinion, religious leaders should always take an ‘equidistant’ policy. BJP has an image issue. From what I have noticed, they’re very willing to get people from other religions in. Currently they don’t have many Muslim leaders. Some Christian people are using this opportunity very well. Why shouldn’t we do the same? If you’re a man from a minority community having a liberal stand, joining the BJP is the best bet to be heard and noticed. Instead of being proactive, the minorities remain confused. The bottom line here is that votes are important for all parties. If there are leaders representing Muslims in the party or as their ally, the lunatics would think twice before talking nonsense.

Now, when an outsider looks at the situation, most of the political parties are against them and the opposition has a long list of parties. Why? When Congress rules, all these small and regional parties join them as allies and get the opportunity to loot the public. BJP is a single entity and all these other parties are basically ‘jobless’ and ‘penniless’ because of them. Hence they just blindly oppose everything and try to spread fear. Before the BJP came into power, we were told that they will bring back the POTA and put all Muslims in jail. Nothing of that sort happened.

The reason why I support their Government is because of the good leaders at the core they have. They have the right intentions. Isolated communal issues will always be there when people belonging to different religions live in densely populated areas. In the west they take it to the courts. Here, some people try to take it to the streets. That’s the difference. The only true solution to this is development. Development on all fronts. That’s why I focused on that in my previous post.

The Shiv Sena is now against the BJP. It seems demonetisation completely took them by surprise. Mumbai is (or was) the capital of black money in India . Shiv Sena is losing its grip. The ‘extreme’ stands taken by its leaders are no longer popular. TDP has withdrawn support for the Government because their demand for special status was not accepted.

It’s the fusion of all cultures and religions that makes India such a diverse country. It has influenced everything, right from the foods we eat to the culture we follow. Most of us are aware of this and communal harmony is safe in our hands.

Although many people don’t like him here, what we actually need is leaders like Arun Jaitley. He’s a great leader, a gentleman and doesn’t represent organisations like the RSS. Here’s a short non-political interview with him which discusses many of the issues that are often discussed on PP.

India jumped 30 places in the ‘ease of doing business index’ a short while after this interview.

Sorry for another long post.
    I appreciate the detailed post.

You wrote

"
    The reason why I support their Government is because of the good leaders at the core they have."

They dont seem to be able to stem the many rotten leaders in the party who have openly made insulting to threating statments towards Muslims. This has created a climate where extremists can feed upon and as Arundhati Roy pointed out in Kashmir a girl was raped by such extremists. Thousands of Muslims have been hurt by such extremists and this is only rising not decreasing.

Again appreciate your posts but you haven't written anything for me to believe the BJP is good for Muslims and it's not an anti-Muslim party, the evidence on the ground suggests otherwise.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Where's the list?
    I am waiting for his list, then I will also provide list requested by akki bro. Please be patient, now we have expectant eyes on us, pressure is making us jumpy.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wrote

"
    The reason why I support their Government is because of the good leaders at the core they have."

They dont seem to be able to stem the many rotten leaders in the party who have openly made insulting to threating statments towards Muslims. This has created a climate where extremists can feed upon and as Arundhati Roy pointed out in Kashmir a girl was raped by such extremists. Thousands of Muslims have been hurt by such extremists and this is only rising not decreasing.

Again appreciate your posts but you haven't written anything for me to believe the BJP is good for Muslims and it's not an anti-Muslim party, the evidence on the ground suggests otherwise.
    The same week a hindu girl was gangraped by muslims in assam and i can give you thousand examples. Stop bringing religion in crimes everytime okk.
    India is a diverse nation.you got to have criminals from all sections. Mind you all the d company daud and all who are settled in pakistam also are muslims.they rule underworld and sometime bollywood or cricket as well.
    Many examples are given.
    Hindus are killed ,raped as well in india and tge criminal happened ro be muslims sometimes so we should also say hindus are not safe in india ??
    Indian muslims never ever applied for citizenship of pakistan after 47 and that says a lot and we have almost largest number of mosques and almost largest number of muslims in india....
    You need to bring fact . Give me facts hiw many rapes or killing or lynching in india done to muslims in 130 crore populated country.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    The same week a hindu girl was gangraped by muslims in assam and i can give you thousand examples. Stop bringing religion in crimes everytime okk.
    India is a diverse nation.you got to have criminals from all sections. Mind you all the d company daud and all who are settled in pakistam also are muslims.they rule underworld and sometime bollywood or cricket as well.
    Many examples are given.
    Hindus are killed ,raped as well in india and tge criminal happened ro be muslims sometimes so we should also say hindus are not safe in india ??
    Indian muslims never ever applied for citizenship of pakistan after 47 and that says a lot and we have almost largest number of mosques and almost largest number of muslims in india....
    You need to bring fact . Give me facts hiw many rapes or killing or lynching in india done to muslims in 130 crore populated country.
    Please stop with this fantasy world. Hindu's are not being discriminated against , Muslims are. BJP leaders are not making statements against Hindu's , they are against Muslims. Hindu's are not being murdered for being vegaterians, Muslims are for wanting to eat beef. The list goes on.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Please stop with this fantasy world. Hindu's are not being discriminated against , Muslims are. BJP leaders are not making statements against Hindu's , they are against Muslims. Hindu's are not being murdered for being vegaterians, Muslims are for wanting to eat beef. The list goes on.
    Minority should live like minority and not go against the majority. indian muslims must give up beef to make 80% indians happy, instead of hindus allowing their religious sentiments to be hurt to keep less than 20% happy. The greater good should always get priority.

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wrote

"

I never said the BJP is good for Muslims. I was only talking about the present Government and its policies, which are good for everyone; not just Hindus or Muslims. It also reflects the current stand taken by the ruling party which isnít an anti-Muslim one. Political parties can change their colours pretty quickly and thereís no point in being a blind supporter. If the Congress proves to be a better alternative tomorrow, Iíll support them. In the current scenario, Mr.Modi and his Government are doing an exceptional job and I donít see any worthy competition for them. All other parties are miles behind.

Up to this point I didnít mention any of the incidents in Pakistan because I didnít want to change the subject. You know what happens to minorities there, donít you? The situation in India is a million times better.

The question is, are minorities safe in India? The answer is, Yes we are. You talk as if weíre some outsiders. Weíve been a part of this land even before we had a religion. Weíre present in almost all the industries. Weíre part of the bureaucracy, the law and order system including the judiciary, and at all levels of the society. Weíre patriotic and we love our country. Iíll close with an excerpt from Azim Premjiís bio on wiki.

ďPremji was born in Bombay, India in a Nizari Ismaili Shia Muslim family with origins from Kutch in Gujarat. His father was a noted businessman and was known as Rice King of Burma. After partition, when Jinnah invited his father Muhammed Hashem Premji to come to Pakistan, he turned down the request and chose to remain in India.Ē

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell does statements mean ? Be practical and stop being kid. Give facts and figures about ground realities and not like xyz saying some statements .statements doesnt give a jack.
    Search owaisi and many leaders you may get who said give us 15 minutes and take all police out and we will kill all the hindus of india. And he still is politicians ,i cant see this thing anywhere in the world where minority feels this safe and even can challenge and even take lead in some cases.
    Stop being hypocrites. I agree bjp netas and many netas of india speak rubbish but what to expect from uneducated folks .but ground realities doesnt reflect any of that.
    Last edited by akki; 8th June 2018 at 19:03.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you holding your breath under water?
    If you want to troll, that's OK.

When you make a claim yet fail to provide substantial evidence, just admit that your views are swayed by the misleading picture that media portrays.

Theres no shame in that. We all are guilty of that one or the other time.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want to troll, that's OK.

When you make a claim yet fail to provide substantial evidence, just admit that your views are swayed by the misleading picture that media portrays.

Theres no shame in that. We all are guilty of that one or the other time.
    Iím not trolling as long as you arenít living on the clouds to expect anyone to provide list and to say that RSS a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization supported by BJP does not promote violence against Muslims.

But let me know when you hold your breath, Iíll start on that list.

And if you canít wait then try your friend, google.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I’m not trolling as long as you aren’t living on the clouds to expect anyone to provide list and to say that RSS a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization supported by BJP does not promote violence against Muslims.

But let me know when you hold your breath, I’ll start on that list.

And if you can’t wait then try your friend, google.
    You keep on exposing your ignorance. RSS promotes nationalism. It has a muslim wing for patriotic muslims. The only thing it is against is anti nationalism.

I know you cannot back up your ignorance or lies with facts. All you can do is evade and troll when challenged.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You keep on exposing your ignorance. RSS promotes nationalism. It has a muslim wing for patriotic muslims. The only thing it is against is anti nationalism.

I know you cannot back up your ignorance or lies with facts. All you can do is evade and troll when challenged.
    You havenít challenged me.

But let me remind you again. RSS is a right wing hard line Hindu Ďnationalistsí organization that promote hindutva ( nothing wrong in it) and has an history of telling people to, particularly Muslim, to go to Pakistan if they criticize Hindustan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @www787 What is this thing of trying to dunk everyone under water when they corner you?

You have no clue about the RSS. Just accept that and move along.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You haven’t challenged me.

But let me remind you again. RSS is a right wing hard line Hindu ‘nationalists’ organization that promote hindutva ( nothing wrong in it) and has an history of telling people to, particularly Muslim, to go to Pakistan if they criticize Hindustan.
    So you dropped extremist from your description of the RSS when challenged.
    Accepted nothing wrong with hindutva. D
    Downgraded your accusations from promoting violence to asking people to go to Pakistan if they criticize India.
    Such a softie you turned out to be to back down even before a debate.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post
    @www787 What is this thing of trying to dunk everyone under water when they corner you?

I am fascinated by this topic and confess that my knowledge too is sketchy on RSS so I will read up on the movement so that we can discuss this further. I think a separate topic is definitely needed to avoid further misconceptions about RSS so we might understand each other's views better.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So you dropped extremist from your description of the RSS when challenged.
    Accepted nothing wrong with hindutva. D
    Downgraded your accusations from promoting violence to asking people to go to Pakistan if they criticize India.
    Such a softie you turned out to be to back down even before a debate.
    I did? I guess my keyboard didnít want to be extremists.

RSS is a right wing hardline extremists Hindu organization.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pillionrider View Post

Enough to know that some people get upset for calling it what that organization is about.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I did? I guess my keyboard didn’t want to be extremists.

RSS is a right wing hardline extremists Hindu organization.
    Explain what you mean by:

right wing
    hardline
    extremist
    Hindu

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Explain what you mean by:

right wing-the conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system
    hardline-an uncompromising adherence to a firm policy.
    extremist-a person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, especially one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.
    Hindu-Hindu refers to any person who regards themselves as culturally, ethnically, or religiously adhering to aspects of Hinduism

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím not trolling as long as you arenít living on the clouds to expect anyone to provide list and to say that RSS a right wing hard line Hindu extremists organization supported by BJP does not promote violence against Muslims.

But let me know when you hold your breath, Iíll start on that list.

And if you canít wait then try your friend, google.
    I actually respect cpt. rishwat more so because though we have disagreement over different matters, one accepts when one lacks proper details. That's a perfectly valid counter in my opinion.

You could be wrong, or I could be wrong in different subjects. The mature way if handling is to come up with arguments for your claims.

That's why it was more intriguing to debate with posters like tgk, namak halal because even though you disagree with them, you could learn many aspects from them which you didn't know before.

On the other hand, you resort to immature cope out. That's ok.

Just that, judging by your different posts, I expected a better constructive reply.
    Last edited by Itachi; 9th June 2018 at 16:18.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for a mature response this time.

Just 2 days ago the RSS president said that ".. the Sangh respects India’s pluralism and diversity of different cultures of religions and communities." "Bhagwat said that the Sangh wanted to take everyone along for nation building. There is no outsider. How can you live in a country and treat people differently".

Nothing extremist about it, nothing hardline about it.

The RSS were among the first who worked against casteism, when going against caste was a radical idea. Again nothing extremist about it.

RSS is a party for patriots and those who believe in selfless service for the nation. Sabka saath, sabka vikas. Inclusive growth for all. If you disagree, feel free to provide evidence.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I actually respect cpt. rishwat more so because though we have disagreement over different matters, one accepts when one lacks proper details. That's a perfectly valid counter in my opinion.

You could be wrong, or I could be wrong in different subjects. The mature way if handling is to come up with arguments for your claims.

That's why it was more intriguing to debate with posters like tgk, namak halal because even though you disagree with them, you could learn many aspects from them which you didn't know before.

On the other hand, you resort to immature cope out. That's ok.

Just that, judging by your different posts, I expected a better constructive reply.
    I am not going to indulge in debate over something that has been well established. No point in going in circle.

Poster that i quote and replied wasn't serious in facts but more serious about proving me wrong.

To say that RSS does not have militant element or do not promote militant version of Hinduism is the end of the debate.

Any Indian with clear conscious can't argue against it.

So, when a person ask for a list, to me, is a waste of time. So for the sake of entertainment, I tried to kept it entertaining.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not going to indulge in debate over something that has been well established. No point in going in circle.

Poster that i quote and replied wasn't serious in facts but more serious about proving me wrong.

To say that RSS does not have militant element or do not promote militant version of Hinduism is the end of the debate.

Any Indian with clear conscious can't argue against it.

So, when a person ask for a list, to me, is a waste of time. So for the sake of entertainment, I tried to kept it entertaining.
    If it is well established, it would be very easy to prove it.

Give evidence that RSS promotes militant version of hinduism. I gave you evidence directly from the RSS supremo, and how they were instrumental in implementing reforms in hindu society.

if you said that RSS is against anti nationals, that would be a valid criticism ( although I fully support them on this) The anti nationals should not be shown any tolerance.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is well established, it would be very easy to prove it.

Give evidence that RSS promotes militant version of hinduism. I gave you evidence directly from the RSS supremo, and how they were instrumental in implementing reforms in hindu society.

if you said that RSS is against anti nationals, that would be a valid criticism ( although I fully support them on this) The anti nationals should not be shown any tolerance.
    How does RSS define anti national?

Is it specifically those who are against the Indian state?

or anyone who doesn't agree with their views?

Or do they consider the above two things the exact same?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Thanks for a mature response this time.

Just 2 days ago the RSS president said that ".. the Sangh respects India’s pluralism and diversity of different cultures of religions and communities." "Bhagwat said that the Sangh wanted to take everyone along for nation building. There is no outsider. How can you live in a country and treat people differently".

Nothing extremist about it, nothing hardline about it.

The RSS were among the first who worked against casteism, when going against caste was a radical idea. Again nothing extremist about it.

RSS is a party for patriots and those who believe in selfless service for the nation. Sabka saath, sabka vikas. Inclusive growth for all. If you disagree, feel free to provide evidence.
    I had a look at the RSS website, and their vision and mission is stated to put Hindu culture first, so they are welcoming to diversity as long as they also buy into this mission. My question then would be, what exactly is Hindu culture and is there guidelines as to how to ensure it remains the highest priority for all citizens?

If you like I can start a new thread as this seems like quite a deep topic in it's own right.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I had a look at the RSS website, and their vision and mission is stated to put Hindu culture first, so they are welcoming to diversity as long as they also buy into this mission. My question then would be, what exactly is Hindu culture and is there guidelines as to how to ensure it remains the highest priority for all citizens?

If you like I can start a new thread as this seems like quite a deep topic in it's own right.
    Hindu culture means all indians are my brothers and sisters and we are the sons of this soil, and our first loyalty is towards this land of our ancestors. You can't have your first loyalty towards saudi arabia, iran or vatican. This is the essence of Hindutva.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    How does RSS define anti national?

Is it specifically those who are against the Indian state?

or anyone who doesn't agree with their views?

Or do they consider the above two things the exact same?
    There are many ways to spot an anti national, but a simple litmus test would be those who refuse to sing or stand up to respect the national anthem.